Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lumican
Alias: LDC, SLRR2D, KSPG lumican, keratan sulfate proteoglycan lumican, lumican proteoglycan
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Altered collagen fibril formation in the sclera of lumican-deficient miceBobbie A Austin
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202 9037, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1695-701. 2002To better understand the role of lumican (corneal keratan sulfate proteoglycan) in the scleral extracellular matrix, collagen fibril size, shape, and organization were evaluated in the sclera of wild-type mice and in mice homozygous or ..
- Expression of lumican and fibromodulin following interleukin-1 beta stimulation of disc cells of the human temporomandibular jointN Kiga
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Japan
Eur J Histochem 55:e11. 2011..b>Lumican and fibromodulin, classified as class 2 SLRPs, play important roles in TMJ assembly, proliferation and ..
- Cleavage of lumican by membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 abrogates this proteoglycan-mediated suppression of tumor cell colony formation in soft agarYingyi Li
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology and Center for the Development of Molecular Target Drugs, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Cancer Res 64:7058-64. 2004The small leucine-rich proteoglycan lumican was identified from a human placenta cDNA library by the expression cloning method as a gene product that interacts with membrane-type matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MT1-MMP)...
- Differential expression of lumican and fatty acid binding protein-1: new insights into the histologic spectrum of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseMichael Charlton
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hepatology 49:1375-84. 2009..b>Lumican, a 40-kDa keratin sulfate proteoglycan that regulates collagen fibril assembly and activates transforming growth ..
- Interaction of lumican with aggrecan in the aging human scleraJane R Dunlevy
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58203, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:3849-56. 2004b>Lumican is a keratan sulfate proteoglycan originally identified in cornea, but present in a variety of connective tissues where it presumably regulates collagen fibril formation and organization...
- Fibromodulin and lumican bind to the same region on collagen type I fibrilsL Svensson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Lund, P O Box 94, S 220 00, Lund, Sweden
FEBS Lett 470:178-82. 2000Fibromodulin and lumican are closely related members of the extracellular matrix leucine-rich repeat glycoprotein/proteoglycan family...
- Keratocan and lumican regulate neutrophil infiltration and corneal clarity in lipopolysaccharide-induced keratitis by direct interaction with CXCL1Eric C Carlson
Department of Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 282:35502-9. 2007Keratocan and lumican are keratan-sulfate proteoglycans (KSPG), which have a critical role in maintaining corneal clarity...
- Lumican is required for neutrophil extravasation following corneal injury and wound healingYasuhito Hayashi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0838, USA
J Cell Sci 123:2987-95. 2010An important aspect of wound healing is the recruitment of neutrophils to the site of infection or tissue injury. Lumican, an extracellular matrix component belonging to the small leucine rich proteoglycan (SLRP) family, is one of the ..
- Corneal opacity in lumican-null mice: defects in collagen fibril structure and packing in the posterior stromaS Chakravarti
Department of Medicine and Genetics, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:3365-73. 2000Gene targeted lumican-null mutants (lum(tm1sc)/lum(tm1sc)) have cloudy corneas with abnormally thick collagen fibrils...
- Cost-effective and rapid presumptive identification of gram-negative bacilli in routine urine, pus, and stool cultures: evaluation of the use of CHROMagar orientation medium in conjunction with simple biochemical testsK Ohkusu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Chiba Children s Hospital, Chiba, 266 0007, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 38:4586-92. 2000..Orientation medium in conjunction with simple biochemical tests such as indole (IND), lysine decarboxylase (LDC), and ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) utilization tests with gram-negative bacilli isolated from urine samples as ..
- Characterization and expression of the mouse lumican geneS Ying
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Biol Chem 272:30306-13. 1997b>Lumican is one of the major keratan sulfate proteoglycans (KSPG) in vertebrate corneas. We previously cloned the murine lumican cDNA...
- Role of lumican in the corneal epithelium during wound healingS Saika
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0527, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2607-12. 2000b>Lumican regulates collagenous matrix assembly as a keratan sulfate proteoglycan in the cornea and is also present in the connective tissues of other organs and embryonic corneal stroma as a glycoprotein...
- [Laparoscopic appendectomy after the learning curve]E Rezola
Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Donostia, Osakidetza Servicio Vasco de Salud, San Sebastian
Cir Pediatr 21:167-72. 2008..With the aim to clarify this aspects, we reviewed our experience in laparoscopic appendectomy during (LDC) and after (LAC) the "learning curve" and we compared their complications with the open appendectomies' ..
- [Hyperlipidemia in patients over 60 years old]E Bruckert
Service d Endocrinologie Métabolisme, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Lyon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:79-82. 1992..with age but the physiopathological mechanism os this increase is poorly understood (reduction in the number of LDC receptors?)...
- Plasmodium falciparum spermidine synthase inhibition results in unique perturbation-specific effects observed on transcript, protein and metabolite levelsJohn V W Becker
CSIR Biosciences, PO Box 395, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa
BMC Genomics 11:235. 2010..falciparum spermidine synthase (PfSpdSyn) were examined on a morphological, transcriptomic, proteomic and metabolic level...
- Influence of oestrogens on formation of reactive oxygen species in liver microsomes of differently aged male Wistar ratsA Barth
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 51:282-8. 1999..Obviously in vitro the antioxidative phenolic structure of the oestrogens dominates, whereas after in vivo administration the dose- and age-dependent biotransformation produces prooxidative in addition to antioxidative structures...
- Occurrence of agmatine pathway for putrescine synthesis in Selenomonas ruminatiumShaofu Liao
Laboratory of Applied Microbiology, Department of Microbial Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Aobaku, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:445-55. 2008..L-ornithine as the essential constituents of its peptidoglycan by a constitutive lysine/ornithine decarboxylase (LDC/ODC). S...
- Riboflavin synthesis genes ribE, ribB, ribH, ribA reside in the lux operon of Photobacterium leiognathiJ W Lin
Institute of Biochemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:587-95. 2001....
- Metal ion-catalyzed nucleic acid alkylation and fragmentationKenneth A Browne
Gen Probe Incorporated, 10210 Genetic Center Drive, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:7950-62. 2002..An improvement to past techniques, termed labeling-during-cleavage (LDC), is presented in which DNA or RNA is alkylated with fluorescent tags and fragmented in the same reaction mixture...
- Interactions between carbonic anhydrase and some decarboxylating enzymes as studied by a new bioelectrochemical approachF Botre
Dipartimento di Gestione e Controllo delle Merci e del loro Impatto sull Ambiente, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Bioelectrochem Bioenerg 48:463-7. 1999..carbonic anhydrase (CA) and the decarboxylating enzymes arginine decarboxylase (ADC), L-lysine decarboxylase (LDC), and L-ornithine decarboxylase (ODC)...
- Vitamin D status and effect of low-dose cholecalciferol and high-dose ergocalciferol supplementation in multiple sclerosisG S Hiremath
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mult Scler 15:735-40. 2009..We sought to determine the effect of over the counter low dose cholecalciferol (LDC) and high dose ergocalciferol (HDE) on the vitamin D levels in MS patients.
- Characteristic analysis of the luxG gene encoding the probable flavin reductase that resides in the lux operon of Photobacterium leiognathiJ W Lin
Institute of Molecular Biology, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 246:446-52. 1998....
- Antiviral beta-L-nucleosides specific for hepatitis B virus infectionD N Standring
Novirio Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, Mass, USA
Antivir Chem Chemother 12:119-29. 2001Three simple, related nucleosides, beta-L-2'-deoxycytidine (LdC), beta-Lthymidine (LdT), and beta-L-2'-deoxyadenosine (LdA), have been discovered to be potent, specific and selective inhibitors of the replication hepatitis B virus (HBV), ..
- Analysis of expressed sequence tags from the Huperzia serrata leaf for gene discovery in the areas of secondary metabolite biosynthesis and development regulationHongmei Luo
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development IMPLAD, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 151, Malianwa North Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, China
Physiol Plant 139:1-12. 2010..biosynthesis of alkaloids, terpenoids and flavone/flavonoids, such as cytochrome P450, lysine decarboxylase (LDC), flavanone 3-hydroxylase, squalene synthetase and 2-oxoglutarate 3-dioxygenase, were well represented by 34 unique ..
- A serologic study of California serogroup bunyaviruses in Sri LankaC K Arunagiri
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Am J Trop Med Hyg 45:377-82. 1991..These viruses were active in both the wet and dry zones of the country, and infected humans as well as a range of domestic livestock...
- Cardiovascular protective role of a low-dose antihypertensive combination in obese Zucker ratsJorge E Toblli
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Hospital Aleman, CONICET, Av Pueyrredon 1640, Buenos Aires 1118, Argentina
J Hypertens 21:611-20. 2003..The aim of the present study was to determine possible beneficial effects of the low-dose combination (LDC) of an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, perindopril (PER), and the diuretic indapamide (IND), ..
- Continuous low-dose oral chemotherapy for adjuvant therapy of splenic hemangiosarcoma in dogsSusan Lana
Animal Cancer Center, Department of Clinical Sciences, Colorado State University, Ft Collins, 80523, USA
J Vet Intern Med 21:764-9. 2007..Continuous oral administration of low-dose chemotherapy (LDC) has been suggested as an alternative to conventional chemotherapy protocols...
- Treatment of convulsive status epilepticus in infants and young children in JapanK Sugai
Department of Child Neurology, National Center Hospital for Mental, Nervous and Muscular Disorders, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurol Scand 115:62-70. 2007..Recently, midazolam and lidocaine (LDC) have been widely used, although neither of these drugs have official approval for the management of CSE...
- Transmission risk factors and treatment of pediatric shigellosis during a large daycare center-associated outbreak of multidrug resistant Shigella sonnei: implications for the management of shigellosis outbreaks among childrenWences Arvelo
Enteric Diseases Epidemiology Branch, Division of Foodborne, Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vectorborne and Enteric Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30329 4018, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:976-80. 2009..From May to October 2005, 639 Shigella sonnei cases were reported in northwest Missouri, mostly among persons exposed to daycare centers...
- Natural cyclodextrins as efficient boosters of the chemiluminescence of luminol and isoluminol: exploration of potential applicationsRaquel Maeztu
Departamento de Quimica y Edafologia, Universidad de Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
J Phys Chem B 114:2798-806. 2010..The topology of the complex deduced via ROESY experiments confirms a shallow inclusion of the double-charged intermediate by the primary rim of the CD, which accounts for the low stability of the complexes...
- Gastrointestinal effects of low-digestible carbohydratesHollie A Grabitske
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, 1334 Eckles Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 49:327-60. 2009..Current recommendations for fiber intake do not consider total LDC consumption nor recommend an upper limit for LDC intake based on potential gastrointestinal effects...
- Cell and luminal activities of chloride, potassium, sodium and protons in the late distal tubule of Necturus kidneyT Anagnostopoulos
INSERM U 192 Renal Physiology Laboratory, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Physiol 393:73-89. 1987..6. The e.p.d. of each ion across the epithelium opposes, by its orientation, the established direction of net transepithelial ion transport, suggesting that the shunt pathway may serve only for back-diffusion...
- CadC is the preferential target of a convergent evolution driving enteroinvasive Escherichia coli toward a lysine decarboxylase-defective phenotypeMariassunta Casalino
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita Roma Tre, 00146 Rome, Italy
Infect Immun 71:5472-9. 2003..All EIEC strains share with Shigella the inability to synthesize lysine decarboxylase (the LDC phenotype)...
- Nausea and vomiting after outpatient ACL reconstruction with regional anesthesia: are lumbar plexus blocks a risk factor?Brian A Williams
Same Day Surgical Services, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
J Clin Anesth 16:276-81. 2004....
- Differential cerebral cortex transcriptomes of baboon neonates consuming moderate and high docosahexaenoic acid formulasKumar S D Kothapalli
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Savage Hall, Ithaca, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e370. 2007..There are no investigations in primates of the biological consequences of dietary DHA at levels above those present in formulas but within normal breastmilk levels...
- Peripheral blood dendritic cells in persons with AIDS and AIDS related complex: loss of high intensity class II antigen expression and functionL J Eales
Department of Immunology, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 71:423-7. 1988..heterosexuals and patients with persistent generalized lymphadenopathy (PGL) and AIDS, cells of low density (LDC) with dendritic morphology. These cells are known to be potent APC...
- In vitro detection and quantification of enamel and root caries using infrared photothermal radiometry and modulated luminescenceRaymond J Jeon
University of Toronto, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Center for Advanced Diffusion Wave Technologies, 5 King s College Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3G8
J Biomed Opt 13:034025. 2008....
- Interactions of photoperiod, testosterone, and naloxone on GnRH and LH pulse parameters in the male sheepG L Jackson
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61802, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 18:97-110. 2000..was determined in four groups of orchidectomized sheep: long day (LD) photoperiod treated with T, LD without T (LDC), short day photoperiod (SD) with T, SDC (n = 5-7/group)...
- Colour adaptation modifies the long-wave versus middle-wave cone weights and temporal phases in human luminance (but not red-green) mechanismC F Stromeyer
Division of Applied Sciences, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Physiol 499:227-54. 1997..The spectrally opponent surround appears sluggish, with a long delay (approximately 20 ms) relative to the centre...
- Herpesvirus entry mediator, a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) family, interacts with members of the TNFR-associated factor family and activates the transcription factors NF-kappaB and AP-1S A Marsters
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080 4918, USA
J Biol Chem 272:14029-32. 1997..These results suggest that HVEM is linked via TRAFs to signal transduction pathways that activate the immune response...
- Hydroxyl radical generation: the effect of bicarbonate, dioxygen and buffer concentration on pH-dependent chemiluminescenceM M Oosthuizen
Department of Surgery, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Redox Rep 6:105-16. 2001..Due to spontaneous dismutation to H2O2, only 22% of the O2*- produced by HX/XO could be detected by enhanced CL...
- Disruption of clock gene expression alters responses of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor signaling pathway in the mouse mammary glandXiaoyu Qu
Department of Biology and Center for Research on Biological Clocks, College Station, Texas, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:1349-58. 2007..However, TCDD-mediated Cyp1A1 induction in the mammary glands of Per1(ldc) and Per1(ldc)/Per2(ldc) mice was significantly (17.9- and 5.9-fold) greater than that in wild-type (WT) animals...
- Azacitidine for the treatment of myelodysplastic syndrome, chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia and acute myeloid leukaemiaR Edlin
Unit of Public Health Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Birmingham Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 14:69-74. 2010..of 51,000 pounds/quality-adjusted life-year (QALY) [beyond 51,000 pounds/QALY, aza + low-dose chemotherapy (LDC) became cost-effective]; for LDC-treated patients, of four options available, BSC was again the most cost-effective ..
- The anti-allodynic effects of amitriptyline, gabapentin, and lidocaine in a rat model of neuropathic painS Abdi
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Anesth Analg 87:1360-6. 1998..the acute effects of the commonly used adjuvant drugs amitriptyline (AMI), gabapentin (GBP), and lidocaine (LDC) on neuropathic pain behaviors in animal models...
- Pathoadaptive mutations that enhance virulence: genetic organization of the cadA regions of Shigella sppW A Day
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799, USA
Infect Immun 69:7471-80. 2001..A demonstrated pathoadaptive mutation is the loss of lysine decarboxylase (LDC) expression in Shigella species that have evolved from LDC-expressing Escherichia coli...
- Preferential location of lidocaine and etidocaine in lecithin bilayers as determined by EPR, fluorescence and 2H NMREneida de Paula
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Biologia Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biophys Chem 132:47-54. 2008We have examined the effect of the uncharged species of lidocaine (LDC) and etidocaine (EDC) on the acyl chain moiety of egg phosphatidylcholine liposomes...
- The effects of urea-treated potato pulp (PP) ensiled with beet pulp or wheat bran pellets to reduce moisture of PP and flake density of corn grain supplemented with the PP silage on digestibility and ruminal fermentation in beef steersMasahito Sugimoto
Hokkaido Animal Research Center, Shintoku, Hokkaido, Japan
Anim Sci J 81:316-24. 2010..treatments consisted of supplements formulated to contain either high-density corn (HDC) or low-density corn (LDC). BP steers consumed more (BP vs WB, P = 0...
- Molecular characterization of Pseudomonas sp. LDC-5 involved in accumulation of poly 3-hydroxybutyrate and medium-chain-length poly 3-hydroxyalkanoatesKabilan Sujatha
Department of Zoology and Biotechnology, Lady Doak College, Madurai, 625 002, Tamilnadu, India
Arch Microbiol 188:451-62. 2007..The present study focused on molecular characterization of Pseudomonas sp. LDC-5 that is identified as SCL-MCL producer...
- Long-term outcomes of lumbar fusion among workers' compensation subjects: a historical cohort studyTrang H Nguyen
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Milford, OH, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:320-31. 2011..Historical cohort study...
- Energy value of a low-digestible carbohydrate, NUTRIOSE FB, and its impact on magnesium, calcium and zinc apparent absorption and retention in healthy young menM Vermorel
Energy and Lipid Metabolism Research Unit, INRA, Theix, 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
Eur J Nutr 43:344-52. 2004..However, low digestible carbohydrates (LDC) have many beneficial effects, especially on energy intake, digestive physiology, and mineral absorption.
- Molecular cloning and characterization of Izumo1 gene from sheep and cashmere goat reveal alternative splicingWan Jin Xing
The Key Laboratory of Mammalian Reproduction Biology and Technology of Ministry of Education, College of Life Science, Inner Mongolia University, Hohhot 010021, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 38:1995-2006. 2011..of Izumo1 protein sequences among 15 mammalian species displayed several highly conserved regions, including LDC and YRC motifs with cysteine residues for potential disulfide bridge formation, CPNKCG motif upstream of the Ig-..
- Wolfram syndrome: structural and functional analyses of mutant and wild-type wolframin, the WFS1 gene productSabine Hofmann
Institut fur Diabetesforschung, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus Muenchen Schwabing, Koelner Platz 1, 80804 Muenchen, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 12:2003-12. 2003..Thus, the Wolfram syndrome in patients investigated here is caused by reduced protein dosage rather than dysfunction of the mutant wolframin...
- Gene expression profiles following exposure to a developmental neurotoxicant, Aroclor 1254: pathway analysis for possible mode(s) of actionJoyce E Royland
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Branch, Neurotoxicology Division, NHEERL, ORD, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 231:179-96. 2008..The genomic data suggests that PCB-induced neurotoxic effects were due to disruption of normal ontogenetic pattern of nervous system growth and development by altering intracellular signaling pathways but not by endocrine disruption...
- Lipid-drug conjugate nanoparticles of the hydrophilic drug diminazene-cytotoxicity testing and mouse serum adsorptionCarsten Olbrich
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Free University of Berlin, Kelchstr 31, D 12169 Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 96:425-35. 2004..drug diminazene diaceturate to the brain of infected mice, the drug was formulated as lipid-drug conjugate (LDC) nanoparticles (NP) by combination with stearic- (SA) and oleic acid (OA)...
- Collagen fibril assembly during postnatal development and dysfunctional regulation in the lumican-deficient murine corneaShukti Chakravarti
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University Medical School, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2493-506. 2006..b>Lumican, a leucine-rich proteoglycan, is implicated in regulating assembly of collagen fibrils and the highly organized ..
- Towards a sustainable framework for computer based health information systems (CHIS) for least developed countries (LDCs)Abekah Nkrumah Gordon
Department of Public Administration and Health Services Management, University of Ghana Business School, Ghana
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 20:532-44. 2007..Health Management and promotion thrive on well-articulated CHIS. There are high levels of risk associated with the development of CHIS in the context of least developed countries (LDC), thereby making them unsustainable.
- The implementation of managed care for diabetes using medical informatics in a large Preferred Provider OrganizationAnthony D Heymann
Maccabi Health Services, 27 HaMered St, Tel Aviv, Israel Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 71:290-8. 2006....
- Differential pricing for pharmaceuticals: reconciling access, R&D and patentsPatricia M Danzon
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Health Care Finance Econ 3:183-205. 2003..Differential pricing could go a long way to improve LDC access to drugs that have a high income market...
- RNAi-mediated down-regulation of ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) impedes wound-stress stimulation of anabasine synthesis in Nicotiana glaucaKathleen D Deboer
School of Biological Sciences, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia
Phytochemistry 86:21-8. 2013..that ornithine decarboxylase (ODC), an enzyme involved in the synthesis of the diamine putrescine, may also possess LDC activity. Previously we found that ODC transcript is markedly up-regulated in leaves of N...
- Extracellular matrix lumican promotes bacterial phagocytosis, and Lum-/- mice show increased Pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infection severityHanjuan Shao
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 287:35860-72. 2012..Here, we show a novel and critical role for lumican, the connective tissue extracellular matrix small leucine-rich repeat proteoglycan, in CD14-mediated bacterial ..
- Overexpression of lumican affects the migration of human colon cancer cells through up-regulation of gelsolin and filamentous actin reorganizationAgata Radwanska
Department of Cell Pathology, Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Wroclaw, Przybyszewskiego 63 77, 51 148 Wroclaw, Poland
Exp Cell Res 318:2312-23. 2012..b>Lumican, a small extracellular matrix leucine-rich proteoglycan, has been shown to inhibit human melanoma cell migration ..
- The Structure of MLn(hfbc)(4) and a Key to High Circularly Polarized LuminescenceSebastiano Di Pietro
Dipartimento di Chimica e Chimica Industriale, Via Risorgimento 35, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Inorg Chem 51:12007-14. 2012....
- Motor activity rhythms of forced desynchronized rats subjected to restricted feedingM Anglès-Pujolràs
Departament de Fisiologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Av Joan XXIII s n, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Physiol Behav 88:30-8. 2006..One component is entrained to the external light-dark cycle (Light Dependent Component, LDC) and thus has the same period, while the other has a period longer than 24 h (Non-Light Dependent Component, NLDC)...
- Occurrence and removal of lidocaine, tramadol, venlafaxine, and their metabolites in German wastewater treatment plantsPaola C Rúa-Gómez
Department of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Institute of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences, J W Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Altenhoferallee 1, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 19:689-99. 2012..the pharmaceuticals that are not extensively investigated in the aquatic environment are the anesthetic lidocaine (LDC), the analgesic tramadol (TRA), and the antidepressant venlafaxine (VEN)...
- Mechanism of electron transfer processes photoinduced by lumazineM Paula Denofrio
Instituto de Investigaciones Fisicoquimicas Teoricas y Aplicadas INIFTA, Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, CCT La Plata CONICET Casilla de Correo 16, Sucursal 4, 1900, La Plata, Argentina
Photochem Photobiol Sci 11:409-17. 2012..Finally dAMP˙(+) participates in subsequent reactions to yield products...
- Orientational preferences of neighboring helices can drive ER insertion of a marginally hydrophobic transmembrane helixKarin Ojemalm
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center for Biomembrane Research, Stockholm University, Sweden
Mol Cell 45:529-40. 2012..This effect helps explain the "missing hydrophobicity" in polytopic membrane proteins...
- Lymphatic transport and catabolism of therapeutic proteins after subcutaneous administration to rats and dogsWeirong Wang
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism, Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 40:952-62. 2012..Using a thoracic lymph duct cannulation (LDC) model, we showed that PEGylated EPO was absorbed from the subcutaneous injection site mainly via the lymphatic ..
- 204 pregnancy outcome in women with luteal defective cycles following treatment with prednisolone, progesterone and intracytoplasmic sperm injectionM T R Albarzanchi
University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Reprod Fertil Dev 24:214-5. 2011Inadequate secretory transformation of the endometrium may result in luteal defective cycles (LDC) and recurrent abortions...
- Influence of multilayer rhBMP-2 DNA coating on the proliferation and differentiation of MC3T3-E1 cells seeded on roughed titanium surfaceQiao Hong Jiang
Department of Oral Implantology, The Affiliated Stomatology Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310006, China
J Biomed Mater Res A 100:2766-74. 2012..This study evaluated a multilayer cationic liposome-DNA complex (LDc) coating as a delivery vehicle for recombinant human BMP-2 (rhBMP-2)...
- Evolution of high duty cycle echolocation in batsM Brock Fenton
Department of Biology, Western University, London, ON, Canada N6A 5B7
J Exp Biol 215:2935-44. 2012..In bats, we argue that high duty cycle (HDC) echolocation was selected for and evolved from low duty cycle (LDC) echolocation because increasing call duty cycle enhanced the ability of echolocating bats to detect, lock onto and ..
- Comparative effectiveness analysis of amlodipine/renin-angiotensin system blocker combinationsC Venkata S Ram
Texas Blood Pressure Institute, Dallas, TX, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 14:601-10. 2012..Treatment goal rates ranged from 35.0% for LDC AML/losartan to 45.7% for FDC AML/olmesartan (OM)...
- A colorimetric sensor for qualitative discrimination and quantitative detection of volatile aminesZhonglin Tang
School of Automation, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi an 710072, China
Sensors (Basel) 10:6463-76. 2010..forward selection and sequential backward selection (SFS&SBS) based on the linear discriminant criteria (LDC) in a mixed color space composed of six common color spaces...
- Differential recruitment of mechanisms for myogenic responses according to luminal pressure and arterial typesEun Bok Baek
Department of Physiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, 110 799, South Korea
Pflugers Arch 460:19-29. 2010..In summary, our study shows the variability of MRs according to the arterial types in terms of their pressure sensitivity and underlying mechanisms that are recruited according to P(lum)...
- Lidocaine eye drops attenuate pain associated with ophthalmic postherpetic neuralgiaAkifumi Kanai
Department of Anesthesiology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Anesth Analg 110:1457-60. 2010Topical lidocaine (LDC) treatment using a gel or patch preparation is effective in the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia (PHN), but neither is suited for the eye in patients with ophthalmic PHN...
- Antioxidants suitable for use with chemiluminescence to identify oxyradical speciesM M Oosthuizen
Department of Surgery, University of the Witwatersrand, Parktown, Johannesburg, South Africa
Redox Rep 4:277-90. 1999..Antioxidants showing these kinds of dual activities should be used with caution in CL studies...
- Estradiol replacement alters expression of genes related to neurotransmission and immune surveillance in the frontal cortex of middle-aged, ovariectomized ratsMiklós Sárvári
Laboratory of Endocrine Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Endocrinology 151:3847-62. 2010..Some of the genomic effects identified in this study may underlie the beneficial effects of E2 on cognition, behavior, and neuroprotection...
- Knockdown of zebrafish lumican gene (zlum) causes scleral thinning and increased size of scleral coatsLung Kun Yeh
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 285:28141-55. 2010The lumican gene (lum), which encodes one of the major keratan sulfate proteoglycans (KSPGs) in the vertebrate cornea and sclera, has been linked to axial myopia in humans...
- Influence of subchronic administration of catechol estrogens on the formation of reactive oxygen species in rat liver microsomesA Barth
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 52:323-8. 2000..Unchanged GSH in the liver after CE administration supports this hypothesis...
- Fine mapping quantitative trait loci under selective phenotyping strategies based on linkage and linkage disequilibrium criteriaS Ansari-Mahyari
Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Aarhus, Tjele, Denmark
J Anim Breed Genet 126:443-54. 2009..Linkage analyses based sampling criteria (LAC) and linkage disequilibrium-based sampling criteria (LDC) for selecting individuals to phenotype are compared to random phenotyping in a quantitative trait loci (QTL) ..
- Clonal analysis and hierarchy of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem and progenitor cellsC Chang I Lee
Center of Excellence in Translational Human Stem Cell Research, University of California, Davis, Calif 95616 8542, USA
Exp Hematol 38:46-54. 2010..This study was performed to assess adult human bone marrow mesenchymal stem/progenitor cells at a single-cell level and to determine a hierarchy based on proliferative potential...
- Association of breast cancer susceptibility variants with risk of pancreatic cancerFergus J Couch
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3044-8. 2009..Recently, several breast cancer susceptibility loci have been identified through genome-wide association studies. Here we evaluated possible associations between these single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) and pancreatic cancer risk...
- How important is the land use mix measure in understanding walking behaviour? Results from the RESIDE studyHayley E Christian
Centre for the Built Environment and Health, School of Population Health, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:55. 2011..This study examined different entropy based computations of land use mix (LUM) used in the development of walkability indices (WIs) and their association with walking behaviour...
- Analysis of the human lumican gene promoterJ Grover
Genetics Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children and Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1A6, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:40967-73. 2000The human lumican gene was shown to possess one major transcription start site, resulting in exon 1 of the gene giving rise to the first 74 base pairs (bp) of the 5'-untranslated region. About 1...
- Identification of cisplatin-resistance related genes in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaYukio Yamano
Department of Clinical Molecular Biology, Chiba University, Japan
Int J Cancer 126:437-49. 2010..Global gene analysis of cisplatin-resistant cell lines may provide new insights into the mechanisms underlying clinical cisplatin resistance and improve the efficacy of chemotherapy for human HNSCC...
- Suitability of a structured Fundamental Movement Skills program for long day care centres: a process evaluationNick Petrunoff
Health Promotion, Northern Sydney Central Coast Area Health Service, New South Wales, Australia
Health Promot J Austr 20:65-8. 2009..Implementation of a structured program in the Long Day Care (LDC) setting presents challenges...
- Effect of low-dose citrate anticoagulation on the clinical safety and efficacy of direct adsorption of lipoproteins (DALI apheresis) in hypercholesterolemic patients: a prospective controlled clinical trialT Bosch
Nephrology Division, Medical Clinic I, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Artif Organs 24:790-6. 2000..prospective, controlled crossover study was performed to test the safety and efficacy of low-dose citrate (LDC) anticoagulation in DALI...
- "Black holes" and bacterial pathogenicity: a large genomic deletion that enhances the virulence of Shigella spp. and enteroinvasive Escherichia coliA T Maurelli
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3943-8. 1998..Lysine decarboxylase (LDC) activity is present in approximately 90% of E. coli strains but is uniformly absent in Shigella strains...
- Impaired skin wound healing in lumican-null miceJ T Yeh
Division of Trauma, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei 105, Taiwan
Br J Dermatol 163:1174-80. 2010Previous studies have demonstrated that the lack of lumican delayed corneal wound healing in lumican-null (Lum(-/-) ) mice. This defect is rescued by the addition of glycosylated lumican core protein to the injured corneas.
- The human lumican gene. Organization, chromosomal location, and expression in articular cartilageJ Grover
Genetics Unit, Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 270:21942-9. 1995A human lumican cDNA sequence was derived by polymerase chain reaction techniques from RNA obtained from intestine, placenta, and articular cartilage...
- High duty cycle echolocation and prey detection by batsLouis Lazure
Department of Biology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada, N6A 5B7
J Exp Biol 214:1131-7. 2011..We used two complementary experiments to evaluate the relative effectiveness of LDC and HDC echolocation for detecting fluttering prey...
- Characterization of a second lysine decarboxylase isolated from Escherichia coliY Kikuchi
Central Research Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki, Japan
J Bacteriol 179:4486-92. 1997..Analysis of the lysine decarboxylase activity of strains containing cadA, ldc, or cadA ldc mutations indicated that ldc was weakly expressed under various conditions but is a functional gene in ..
- Extended surfaces modulate hydrophobic interactions of neighboring solutesAmish J Patel
Howard P Isermann Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, and Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:17678-83. 2011..Our results suggest a catalytic role for hydrophobic interfaces in the unfolding of proteins, for example, in the interior of chaperonins and in amyloid formation...
- Circularly polarized luminescence as a probe for long-range interactions in molecular aggregatesRoel Tempelaar
Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
J Phys Chem B 115:10592-603. 2011..Our results demonstrate that the spatial dependence of extended interactions can be extracted from experimental spectra, without having details on disorder or exciton-vibrational coupling...
- Protein-induced long lifetime luminescence of nonmetal probesErki Enkvist
Institute of Chemistry, University of Tartu, Estonia
ACS Chem Biol 6:1052-62. 2011..The discovered phenomenon, protein-induced long lifetime luminescence of aromatic probes is very likely to occur with all PKs and many other proteins...
- Evaluation of proteoglycan gene polymorphisms as risk factors in the genetic susceptibility to high myopiaShea Ping Yip
Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6396-403. 2011..nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in six proteoglycan genes: aggrecan (ACAN), fibromodulin (FMOD), decorin (DCN), lumican (LUM), keratocan (KERA), and epiphycan (EPYC)...
- A novel role of the lumican core protein in bacterial lipopolysaccharide-induced innate immune responseFeng Wu
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 282:26409-17. 2007b>Lumican is an extracellular matrix protein modified as a proteoglycan in some tissues. The core protein with leucine-rich repeats, characteristic of the leucine-rich-repeat superfamily, binds collagen fibrils and regulates its structure...
- Fabrication, characterization, and biological assessment of multilayer DNA coatings on sandblasted-dual acid etched titanium surfaceLi Liu
Department of Prosthodontics, The Affiliated Stomatology Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Yan An Road, Hangzhou, China
J Biomed Mater Res A 97:300-10. 2011..In this study, multilayers of cationic lipid/plasmid DNA (pEGFP-C1) complex (LDc) and anionic hyaluronic acid were assembled onto sandblasted-dual acid etched titanium disks by the LBL technique...
- Commensal microbiota induce LPS hyporesponsiveness in colonic macrophages via the production of IL-10Yoshiyasu Ueda
Laboratory of Immune Regulation, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int Immunol 22:953-62. 2010..In this study, we examined the properties of macrophages in the colonic lamina propria (LMφ). Colonic DCs (LDC) showed LPS-induced production of IL-12p40...
- Aeromonas popoffii sp. nov., a mesophilic bacterium isolated from drinking water production plants and reservoirsG Huys
Laboratorium voor Microbiologie, Universiteit Gent, Belgium
Int J Syst Bacteriol 47:1165-71. 1997..reactions for production of urease, tryptophan deaminase, ornithine decarboxylase, and lysine decarboxylase (LDC). None of the strains displayed strong hemolytic activity...
- Homology modeling of Cry10Aa toxin from B. thuringiensis israelensis and B. thuringiensis subsp. LDC-9A Mahalakshmi
PG and Research Department of Zoology and Biotechnology, Lady Doak College, Madurai 625 002, Tamilnadu, India
J Biomol Struct Dyn 28:363-78. 2010A three dimensional model was developed for Cry10Aa protein sequence of B. thuringiensis LDC-9 and B. thuringiensis israelensis that has not been solved empirically by X-ray crystallography or NMR...
- Measurement of lumefantrine and its metabolite in plasma by high performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detectionInsaf F Khalil
Centre for Medical Parasitology at Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:168-72. 2011..After validation, the methodology was transferred to a local laboratory in Tanga Tanzania and samples from a small subset of malaria patients were analysed for LUM. The method appears to be applicable in settings with limited facilities...
- THE ROLE OF KERATOCAN IN CORNEAL BIOLOGYChia Yang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Keratocan (Ktcn), lumican (Lum), and mimecan belong to the small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) gene family...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION RELATIONSHIP OF LUMICANWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Lumican (Lum) a keratan sulfate proteoglycan (KSPG), belongs to the small leucine-rich proteoglycan family (SLRPs)...
- Structure/Function Relationship of The Lumican GeneWinston W Kao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Corneal keratan sulfate proteoglycans, i.e., lumican (Lum), keratocan (Kera) and mimecan (Mime), belong to small leucine-rich repeat proteoglycans (SLRP) family...
- Structure/Function Relationship of The Lumican GeneWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 2007..Corneal keratan sulfate proteoglycans, i.e., lumican (Lum), keratocan (Kera) and mimecan (Mime), belong to small leucine-rich repeat proteoglycans (SLRP) family...
- INDOOR AIR POLLUTION AND CHILD ARI: A RANDOMIZED TRIALKirk Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..infection (ALRI), is the chief cause of morbidity in children under 5 worldwide and the chief cause of death among LDC children...
- Towards Understanding the Morbidity of HEV InfectionMohamed Tarek Shata; Fiscal Year: 2007..is enterically transmitted RNA virus that causes acute viral hepatitis (AVH) in many lesser developed countries (LDC), with frequent reports of fulminant hepatitis in pregnant women...
- Lysine decarboxylase in periodontitis patientsMartin Levine; Fiscal Year: 2004..We posit that lysine decarboxylase (LDC), a bacterial enzyme in the sulcus, depletes the transudate of lysine, starving the DAT cells...
- Synthesis and Study of Minimal Protein Folding Models: Molecular Torsion BalanceCRAIG WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2007..Knowledge gained in these experimental studies will be available for testing current computational methods and theories of biological recognition and in identifying guiding principles for design of biologically active agents. ..
- Synthesis and Study of Minimal Protein Folding Models: Molecular Torsion BalanceCraig S Wilcox; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge gained in these experimental studies will be available for testing current computational methods and theories of biological recognition and in identifying guiding principles for design of biologically active agents. ..
- Synthesis and Study of Minimal Protein Folding Models: Molecular Torsion BalanceCRAIG WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge gained in these experimental studies will be available for testing current computational methods and theories of biological recognition and in identifying guiding principles for design of biologically active agents. ..
- GP63 EXPRESSION IN LEISHMANIA DONOVANI CHAGASIMary Wilson; Fiscal Year: 1993..We have found that the amount of the major surface protease (gp63) in Leishmania donovani chagasi (Ldc) promastigotes increases 10-fold as they develop from a less infectious form during early logarithmic growth to a ..
- Experimental study of the cochlear amplifierTianying Ren; Fiscal Year: 2005..The following specific aims will be investigated: i) whether the long delay component (LDC) of the EEOAE comes from the characteristic frequency place on the BM, ii) whether the amount of LDC acoustical ..
- Home-Based Automated Therapy of Arm Function After Stroke Via Tele-RehabilitationGitendra Uswatte; Fiscal Year: 2010..Reducing the cost of and increasing access to efficacious upper-extremity rehabilitation has the potential to significantly reduce the burden of stroke on patients, their families and the healthcare system. ..
- Home-Based Automated Therapy of Arm Function After Stroke Via Tele-RehabilitationGitendra Uswatte; Fiscal Year: 2009..Reducing the cost of and increasing access to efficacious upper-extremity rehabilitation has the potential to significantly reduce the burden of stroke on patients, their families and the healthcare system. ..
- The Role of Lumican in the corneaShukti Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2007..We found lumican, an abundant extracellular matrixJECM) stromal proteoglycan, to regulate corneal immune functions...
- Role of Host Dendritic Cells in Heart Transplant VasculopathyZhiliang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..In mice, three major DC subsets have been characterized: Myeloid (MDC), Lymphoid-related (LDC) and Plasmacytoid (PDC)...
- Protein Trafficking and Dislocation at the ER MembraneArthur Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This basic research will elucidate aspects of protein sorting at the molecular level in normal cells and provide a context for identifying irregularities in abnormal cells. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF GENE THERAPY FOR LENTIVIRAL ENCEPHALITISShilpa Buch; Fiscal Year: 2002..6P and SHIVKU-2 in the presence of IL-4 and antisense IL-4 oligodeoxynucleotide. 2) Optimize liposome: DNS complex (LDC) containing antisense IL-4 DNA to macaque MP cultures infected with SHIV89.6P...
- GENE ENGINEERING OF DENDRITIC CELLS AND TRANSPLANTATIONAngus Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will test whether gene-engineered myeloid DC (MDC) and "lymphoid-related" DC (LDC), which differ in their interactions with T cells, have equal potential to mediate apoptosis of alloactivated T ..
- The Role of Lumican in the corneaShukti Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found lumican, an abundant extracellular matrix (ECM) stromal proteoglycan, to regulate corneal immune functions...
- SEARCH FOR ULTRA FAST, HEAVY ATOM SCINTILLATORSSTEPHEN DERENZO; Fiscal Year: 2003..Candidate materials will be synthesized as powders and tested using our pulsed x-ray system. ..
- The Role of Lumican in the corneaShukti Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found lumican, an abundant extracellular matrix (ECM) stromal proteoglycan, to regulate corneal immune functions...
- Novel BiSpecific AntibodiesJAMES LARRICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..AIM #3: Test Bispecific Abs for activity in vitro. After successful creation of genetically engineered Her2Bi, in Phase II we plan to use JLINK to construct several sets of proprietary BiAbs with clinical potential. ..
- Mechanism and Therapy of SHIV Encephalitis in MacaquesShilpa Buch; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Optimize liposome:DNA complexes(LDC) containing antisense DNAs of IL-4, PDGF-B chain & MCP-1 for delivery in macaque MP cultures infected ..