Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LTBP1
Description: latent transforming growth factor beta binding protein 1
Alias: latent-transforming growth factor beta-binding protein 1, LTBP-1, TGF-beta1-BP-1, transforming growth factor beta-1-binding protein 1
- Isogai Z, Ono R, Ushiro S, Keene D, Chen Y, Mazzieri R, et al. Latent transforming growth factor beta-binding protein 1 interacts with fibrillin and is a microfibril-associated protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2750-7 pubmed..In tissues where LTBP-1 is not expressed, LTBP-4 may substitute for LTBP-1, because the C-terminal end of LTBP-4 binds equally well to fibrillin. A model depicting the relationship between LTBP-1 and fibrillin microfibrils is proposed. ..
- Scollen S, Luccarini C, Baynes C, Driver K, Humphreys M, Garcia Closas M, et al. TGF-Î² signaling pathway and breast cancer susceptibility. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011;20:1112-9 pubmed publisher..SNP) tagging 17 genes in the canonical TGF-Î² ALK5/SMADs 2&3 and ALK1/SMADs 1&5 signaling pathways: LTBP1, LTBP2, LTBP4, TGFB1, TGFB2, TGFB3, TGFBR1(ALK5), ALK1, TGFBR2, Endoglin, SMAD1, SMAD2, SMAD3, SMAD4, SMAD5, SMAD6,..
- Maynard D, Heijnen H, Gahl W, Gunay Aygun M. The Î±-granule proteome: novel proteins in normal and ghost granules in gray platelet syndrome. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:1786-96 pubmed publisher..not previously known to be decreased in GPS, including latent transforming growth factor-Î²-binding protein 1(LTBP1), a component of the transforming growth factor-Î² (TGF-Î²) complex...
- Zhang S, Zuo C, Li W, Fu X, Xing S, Zhang X. Identification of key genes associated with the effect of estrogen on ovarian cancer using microarray analysis. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2016;293:421-7 pubmed publisher..In total, 465 DEGs were identified. Functional enrichment analysis of DEGs indicated that ACVR2B, LTBP1, BMP7 and MYC involved in TGF-beta signaling pathway. The 2285 DCG pairs and 357 DRGs were identified...
- Kim H, Yoon Y, Meang M, Park Y, Lee J, Lee T, et al. Reversion of in vivo fibrogenesis by novel chromone scaffolds. EBioMedicine. 2019;39:484-496 pubmed publisher..dismantling latent TGF-β complex, specifically by eliminating expression of the latent TGF-β binding protein 1 (LTBP1), in ECM upon actin depolymerization...
- Batista L, Utsunomiya Y, Silva T, Dias R, Tomokane T, Pacheco A, et al. Genome-Wide Association Study of Cell-Mediated Response in Dogs Naturally Infected by Leishmania infantum. Infect Immun. 2016;84:3629-3637 pubmed..COMMD5 and SHARPIN, involved in regulation of NF-?B signaling; and regions associated with IL-10, including LTBP1 and RASGRP3, involved in T regulatory lymphocytes differentiation...
- Dietzel E, Weiskirchen S, Floehr J, Horiguchi M, Todorovic V, Rifkin D, et al. Latent TGF-? binding protein-1 deficiency decreases female fertility. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:1387-1392 pubmed publisherThe four latent transforming growth factor-? (TGF-?) binding proteins LTBP1-4 are extracellular matrix-associated proteins playing a critical role in the activation of TGF-?. The LTBP1 gene forms two major transcript variants (i.e...
- Wan S, Jiang J, Zheng C, Wang N, Zhai X, Fei X, et al. Estrogen nuclear receptors affect cell migration by altering sublocalization of AQP2 in glioma cell lines. Cell Death Discov. 2018;5:49 pubmed publisher..lymphocyte transmembrane adaptor 1 (LAX1), and latent transforming growth factor beta-binding protein 1 (LTBP1) were found to be regulating the ERα and ERβ...
- Cao J, Wei C, Liu D, Wang H, Wu M, Xie Z, et al. DNA methylation Landscape of body size variation in sheep. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13950 pubmed publisher..We tested three regions in LTBP1, and DNA methylation of two CpG sites showed significant correlation with its RNA expression...
- Januskevicius A, Vaitkiene S, Gosens R, Janulaityte I, Hoppenot D, Sakalauskas R, et al. Eosinophils enhance WNT-5a and TGF-?1 genes expression in airway smooth muscle cells and promote their proliferation by increased extracellular matrix proteins production in asthma. BMC Pulm Med. 2016;16:94 pubmed publisher..05). Eosinophils enhance Wnt-5a, TGF-?1, fibronectin, and collagen gene expression in ASMC and promote proliferation of these cells in asthma. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02648074 . ..
- Wang Q, Zhao Z, Shang J, Xia W. Targets and candidate agents for type 2 diabetes treatment with computational bioinformatics approach. J Diabetes Res. 2014;2014:763936 pubmed publisher..dehydrogenase domain containing 2), BTBD3 (BTB (POZ) domain containing 3), Cul3-based ligases,â€‰â€‰LTBP1 (latent-transforming growth factor beta binding protein 1), PDGFRA (alpha-type platelet-derived growth factor ..
- Horiguchi M, Todorovic V, Hadjiolova K, Weiskirchen R, Rifkin D. Abrogation of both short and long forms of latent transforming growth factor-Î² binding protein-1 causes defective cardiovascular development and is perinatally lethal. Matrix Biol. 2015;43:61-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe a third line of Ltbp1 knockout mice generated utilizing a conditional knockout strategy that ablated expression of both L and S forms of ..
- Gu H, Fisher A, Mickler E, Duerson F, Cummings O, Peters Golden M, et al. Contribution of the anaphylatoxin receptors, C3aR and C5aR, to the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis. FASEB J. 2016;30:2336-50 pubmed publisher..C3aR/C5aR antagonists suppressed local mRNA expressions of tgfb2, tgfbr1/2, ltbp1/2, serpine1, tsp1, bmp1/4, pdgfbb, igf1, but restored the proteoglycan, dcn Clinically, compared with ..
- Zhang H, Zhu N, Huang K, Cai B, Zeng Y, Xu Y, et al. iTRAQ-Based Quantitative Proteomic Comparison of Early- and Late-Passage Human Dermal Papilla Cell Secretome in Relation to Inducing Hair Follicle Regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167474 pubmed publisher..late-passage DPCs, including SDF1, MMP3, biglycan and LTBP1. Further analysis indicated that the differentially-expressed proteins regulated the Wnt, TGF-? and BMP signaling ..
- Chen H, Cai W, Chu E, Tang J, Wong C, Wong S, et al. Hepatic cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression induced spontaneous hepatocellular carcinoma formation in mice. Oncogene. 2017;36:4415-4426 pubmed publisher..of DNA methylation and gene expression profiles further identified significantly downregulated genes including LTBP1, ADCY5 and PRKCZ by promoter methylation in COX-2-induced HCC...
- Dang L, Teng M, Li H, Ma S, Lu Q, Hao H, et al. Marek's disease virus type 1 encoded analog of miR-155 promotes proliferation of chicken embryo fibroblast and DF-1 cells by targeting hnRNPAB. Vet Microbiol. 2017;207:210-218 pubmed publisher..Our previous studies demonstrated that miR-M4-5p induces an over-expression of oncogene c-Myc by targeting LTBP1 and suppressing the TGF-Î² signaling pathway during MDV-1 infection...
- Faraoni E, Camilletti M, Abeledo Machado A, Ratner L, De Fino F, Huhtaniemi I, et al. Sex differences in the development of prolactinoma in mice overexpressing hCG?: role of TGF?1. J Endocrinol. 2017;232:535-546 pubmed publisher..We found reduced TGF?1 levels, reduced expression of TGF?1 target genes, TGF?1 receptors, Ltbp1, Smad4 and Smad7 in hCG?+ female pituitaries...
- Ueki M, Takeshita H, Fujihara J, Kimura Kataoka K, Iida R, Yasuda T. Simple screening method for copy number variations associated with physical features. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2017;25:71-74 pubmed publisher..To assess the validity of this new method, we analyzed CNVs in the LTBP1 and ETV6 gene regions, both of which are candidate CNVs associated with body height...
- Li Y, Liu F, Peng Y, Li J, Sun L, Chen X, et al. The relationship between the TGF-beta1 gene -509C/T polymorphism and tubulointerstitial damage resulting from primary nephrotic syndrome. Ren Fail. 2010;32:420-7 pubmed publisher..The higher value in serum concentration of TGF-beta1 was also associated with severe TID and the T T genotype/T allele. T allele gene might be the important risk factor for susceptibility. ..
- Holmila R, Sklias A, Muller D, Degli Esposti D, Guilloreau P, McKay J, et al. Targeted deep sequencing of plasma circulating cell-free DNA reveals Vimentin and Fibulin 1 as potential epigenetic biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174265 pubmed publisher..massively parallel semiconductor sequencing to assess methylation on a panel of genes (FBLN1, HINT2, LAMC1, LTBP1, LTBP2, PSMA2, PSMA7, PXDN, TGFB1, UBE2L3, VIM and YWHAZ) in plasma circulating cell-free DNA (cfDNA) and to ..
- Kumarasinghe D, Sullivan T, Kuliwaba J, Fazzalari N, Atkins G. Evidence for the dysregulated expression of TWIST1, TGF?1 and SMAD3 in differentiating osteoblasts from primary hip osteoarthritis patients. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2012;20:1357-66 pubmed publisher..The results presented here are consistent with at least part of the aetiology of primary hip OA deriving from altered intrinsic properties of the osteoblast. ..
- Nunes I, Gleizes P, Metz C, Rifkin D. Latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein domains involved in activation and transglutaminase-dependent cross-linking of latent transforming growth factor-beta. J Cell Biol. 1997;136:1151-63 pubmed..This suggests that residues 294-441 are critical to the transglutaminase reactivity of LTBP-1S. ..
- SipilÃ¤ K, Ranga V, Rappu P, Torittu A, PirilÃ¤ L, KÃ¤pylÃ¤ J, et al. Extracellular citrullination inhibits the function of matrix associated TGF-Î². Matrix Biol. 2016;55:77-89 pubmed publisher..PAD-treatment of CHO-LTBP1 cell derived matrix, rich with TGF-Î², decreased the level of TGF-Î² activity as detected by HaCaT and MLEC-..
- Wan F, Peng L, Zhu C, Zhang X, Chen F, Liu T. Knockdown of Latent Transforming Growth Factor-? (TGF-?)-Binding Protein 2 (LTBP2) Inhibits Invasion and Tumorigenesis in Thyroid Carcinoma Cells. Oncol Res. 2017;25:503-510 pubmed publisher..growth factor-? (TGF-?)-binding protein 2 (LTBP2) is one of four proteins in the LTBP family of proteins (LTBP1-4) and was shown to play a vital role in tumorigenesis...
- Pei Y, Zhang L, Yang T, Han Y, Hai R, Ran S, et al. Genome-wide association study of copy number variants suggests LTBP1 and FGD4 are important for alcohol drinking. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30860 pubmed publisher..05E-03) that were associated with alcohol drinking. CNV207 and CNV1836 are located at the downstream of genes LTBP1 (870 kb) and FGD4 (400 kb), respectively...
- Guerri Guttenberg R, Castilla R, Francos G, Muller A, Ambrosio G, Milei J. Transforming growth factor ?1 and coronary intimal hyperplasia in pediatric patients with congenital heart disease. Can J Cardiol. 2013;29:849-57 pubmed publisher..0005). The high incidence of intimal hyperplasia in patients with surgically repaired CHD is correlated with TGF-?1 expression and may contribute to the development of atherosclerotic coronary artery disease in CHD patients. ..
- Wang Y, Yu G, Lee M, Lee S, Chu I, Leem S, et al. Lipocalin-2 negatively modulates the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma through the epidermal growth factor (TGF-beta1)/Lcn2/Twist1 pathway. Hepatology. 2013;58:1349-61 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that Lcn2 can negatively modulate the EMT in HCC cells through an EGF (or TGF-?1)/Lcn2/Twist1 pathway. Thus, Lcn2 may be a candidate metastasis suppressor and a potential therapeutic target in HCC. ..
- Ding G, Niu J, Liu Y. Dental pulp stem cells suppress the proliferation of lymphocytes via transforming growth factor-Î²1. Hum Cell. 2015;28:81-90 pubmed publisher..These data confirmed that DPSCs are low immunogenic, could inhibit the proliferation of lymphocytes, regulate the production of cytokines in vitro, and the secretion of transforming growth factor-Î²1 may be involved in this event. ..
- Davies M, Prime S, Eveson J, Price N, Ganapathy A, D Mello A, et al. Transforming growth factor-? enhances invasion and metastasis in Ras-transfected human malignant epidermal keratinocytes. Int J Exp Pathol. 2012;93:148-56 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that elevated expression of either TGF-?1 or TGF-?2 in cells that represent the early stages in the development of human SCC results in a more aggressive phenotype. ..
- Karonen T, Jeskanen L, Keski Oja J. Transforming growth factor beta 1 and its latent form binding protein-1 associate with elastic fibres in human dermis: accumulation in actinic damage and absence in anetoderma. Br J Dermatol. 1997;137:51-8 pubmed..The release of latent TGF-beta 1 from the matrix, as a consequence of proteolytic cleavage of LTBP-1, is a plausible extracellular mechanism for the regulation of TGF-beta 1 activation. ..
- Bandaru S, Marri V, Akka J, Alvala M, Mundluru H. Association of transforming growth factor-Beta 1 promoter variant -509 c/t with bronchial asthma in South Indian population. Inflammation. 2015;38:409-14 pubmed publisher..moderate, pâ€‰=â€‰0.037). However, there was no significant distribution and association of variant allele with the severity subsets. ..
- Xu Y, YANG S, Huang J, Ruan S, Zheng Z, Lin J. Tgf-β1 induces autophagy and promotes apoptosis in renal tubular epithelial cells. Int J Mol Med. 2012;29:781-90 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that in HRPTEpiCs TGF-β1 promotes autophagy through the generation of ROS, which contributes to its proapoptotic effect. ..
- Robertson I, Dias H, Osuch I, Lowe E, Jensen S, Redfield C, et al. The N-Terminal Region of Fibrillin-1 Mediates a Bipartite Interaction with LTBP1. Structure. 2017;25:1208-1221.e5 pubmed publisher..major reservoir of TGF-Î² in the extracellular matrix (ECM), we investigated the structural basis for the FBN1/LTBP1 interaction...
- Weikkolainen K, Keski Oja J, Koli K. Expression of latent TGF-beta binding protein LTBP-1 is hormonally regulated in normal and transformed human lung fibroblasts. Growth Factors. 2003;21:51-60 pubmed..The responses to these hormonal modulators may either be lost or enhanced in transformed cells, which likely contributes to malignant growth. ..
- Keski Oja J, Koli K, von Melchner H. TGF-beta activation by traction?. Trends Cell Biol. 2004;14:657-9 pubmed..Latent-TGF-beta-binding protein 1 has been identified as being the major component of this process, and the integrin-interacting region has been mapped to a poorly conserved sequence stretch called the hinge region. ..
- Forsti A, Li X, Wagner K, Tavelin B, Enquist K, Palmqvist R, et al. Polymorphisms in the transforming growth factor beta 1 pathway in relation to colorectal cancer progression. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2010;49:270-81 pubmed publisher..63, 95%CI: 1.08-2.46). As this is the first study about the influence of the polymorphisms in the TGFB1 pathway on CRC progression, further studies in large independent cohorts are warranted. ..
- Ebihara N, Nakayama M, Tokura T, Iwatsu M, Ushio H, Murakami A. Proinflammatory effect of TWEAK/Fn14 interaction in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Curr Eye Res. 2009;34:836-44 pubmed publisher..TWEAK induced the phosphorylation of MAP kinase in RPE cells and promoted the migration of these cells via MAP kinase. TWEAK/Fn14 interaction may have proinflammatory effects in RPE cells. ..
- Zhuang X, Zhang H, Li X, Li X, Cong M, Peng F, et al. Differential effects on lung and bone metastasis of breast cancer by Wnt signalling inhibitor DKK1. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1274-1285 pubmed publisher..In the lungs, DKK1 also inhibits WNT/Ca2+-CaMKII-NF-?B signalling and suppresses LTBP1-mediated TGF-? secretion of cancer cells...
- CÃ¡rdaba B, Calzada D, Baos S, Aguerri M, Quiralte J, Lahoz C. Polymorphisms of tumor necrosis factor-Î±, transforming growth factor-Î², and interleukin-10 in asthma associated with olive pollen sensitization. J Immunol Res. 2014;2014:276345 pubmed publisher..5, P = 0.04). In conclusion, these results suggest a role of TGF-Î²1 in olive-pollen sensitization and TNF-Î± and IL-10 genotypes in the asthma induced by specific olive-pollen allergens. ..
- Chiang M, Yang J, Liao S, Hsu C, Hsu C, Yuan K. Latent transforming growth factor-Î² binding proteins (LTBP-1 and LTBP-2) and gingiva keratinization. Oral Dis. 2015;21:762-9 pubmed publisher..The expression patterns of LTBP-2 differ in keratinized gingiva and non-keratinized mucosa. LTBP-1 and LTBP-2 are involved in the keratinization of oral epithelium; however, the underlying mechanism remains to be elucidated. ..
- Hennenberg M, Schreiber A, Ciotkowska A, Rutz B, Waidelich R, Strittmatter F, et al. Cooperative effects of EGF, FGF, and TGF-Î²1 in prostate stromal cells are different from responses to single growth factors. Life Sci. 2015;123:18-24 pubmed publisher..The combination of EGF and TGF-Î²1, but not EGF or TGF-Î²1 alone, induces aggregation of prostate stromal cells, which may be relevant for morphogenesis. ..
- Karimizadeh E, Motamed N, Mahmoudi M, Jafarinejad Farsangi S, Jamshidi A, Faridani H, et al. Attenuation of fibrosis with selective inhibition of c-Abl by siRNA in systemic sclerosis dermal fibroblasts. Arch Dermatol Res. 2015;307:135-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, specific c-Abl gene silencing using siRNA effectively reduced fibrosis-related gene expression. Inhibition of c-Abl by siRNA may be a potential therapeutic approach for fibrotic diseases such as systemic sclerosis. ..
- Hori K, Matsuda A, Ebihara N, Imai K, Mori K, Funaki T, et al. Involvement of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in the pathogenesis of atopic cataracts. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:1846-51 pubmed publisher..PAI-1 gene knockdown resulted in reduced ?-SMA expression in the LECs. The findings of this study suggest that the IFN-?, PAI-1, and TGF-?1 are involved in the pathophysiology of atopic cataracts. ..
- Alqumber M, Dar S, Haque S, Wahid M, Singh R, Akhter N. No association of the TGF-Î²1 29T/C polymorphism with breast cancer risk in Caucasian and Asian populations: evidence from a meta-analysis involving 55,841 subjects. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:8725-34 pubmed..It can be concluded that TGF-Î²1 29T/C polymorphism does not play a role in breast cancer susceptibility in overall or ethnicity-specific manner. ..
- Troilo H, Bayley C, Barrett A, Lockhart Cairns M, Jowitt T, Baldock C. Mammalian tolloid proteinases: role in growth factor signalling. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:2398-407 pubmed publisher..All members of the tolloid family bind the N terminus of latent TGF?-binding protein-1, providing support for their role in TGF? signalling. ..
- Higashi T, Kyo S, Inoue M, Tanii H, Saijoh K. Novel functional single nucleotide polymorphisms in the latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1L promoter: effect on latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1L expression level and possible prognostic significance in o. J Mol Diagn. 2006;8:342-50 pubmed..Further studies using a larger number of samples will definitively determine the correlation between LTBP-1 haplotype and clinical behavior of ovarian cancer. ..
- Tritschler I, Gramatzki D, Capper D, Mittelbronn M, Meyermann R, Saharinen J, et al. Modulation of TGF-beta activity by latent TGF-beta-binding protein 1 in human malignant glioma cells. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:530-40 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identify LTBP-1 as an important modulator of TGF-beta activation in glioma cells, which may contribute to the malignant phenotype of these tumors. ..
- Le Goff C, Morice Picard F, Dagoneau N, Wang L, Perrot C, Crow Y, et al. ADAMTSL2 mutations in geleophysic dysplasia demonstrate a role for ADAMTS-like proteins in TGF-beta bioavailability regulation. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1119-23 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ADAMTSL2 mutations may lead to a dysregulation of TGF-beta signaling and may be the underlying mechanism of geleophysic dysplasia. ..
- Oklu R, Hesketh R, Wicky S, Metcalfe J. Expression of mRNA isoforms of latent transforming growth factor-? binding protein-1 in coronary atherosclerosis and human tissues. Biochem Genet. 2011;49:213-25 pubmed publisherLatent transforming growth factor-? binding protein-1 (LTBP1) has been implicated in the control of secretion, localization, and activation of TGF? (transforming growth factor-?)...
- Debrah A, Batsa L, Albers A, Mand S, Toliat M, Nurnberg P, et al. Transforming growth factor-?1 variant Leu10Pro is associated with both lack of microfilariae and differential microfilarial loads in the blood of persons infected with lymphatic filariasis. Hum Immunol. 2011;72:1143-8 pubmed publisher..This information is also important for the mapping and surveillance activities of national and global programs for elimination of LF. ..
- Carneiro N, Oda J, Losi Guembarovski R, Ramos G, Oliveira B, Cavalli I, et al. Possible association between TGF-?1 polymorphism and oral cancer. Int J Immunogenet. 2013;40:292-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that the C allele could increase TGF-? secretion which suppresses antitumour immune responses and may affect the OSCC risk. ..
- Oklu R, Hesketh R. The latent transforming growth factor beta binding protein (LTBP) family. Biochem J. 2000;352 Pt 3:601-10 pubmed..Over the past few years, three members of the LTBP family have been identified, in addition to the protoype LTBP1 first sequenced in 1990...
- Joshi N, Bhat S, Hake S, Kale M, Kannan S. Opposing effects of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine gene polymorphisms on the risk for breast cancer in western Indian women: a pilot study. Int J Immunogenet. 2014;41:242-9 pubmed publisher..29, 95% CI 0.95-5.51). In the context of contrasting observations in other populations, these results indicate a significant contribution of anti-inflammatory genotypes in the modulation of risk for breast cancer in western Indian women. ..
- Dallas S, Keene D, Bruder S, Saharinen J, Sakai L, Mundy G, et al. Role of the latent transforming growth factor beta binding protein 1 in fibrillin-containing microfibrils in bone cells in vitro and in vivo. J Bone Miner Res. 2000;15:68-81 pubmed..By using antibodies against purified LTBP1, against a short peptide in LTBP1, and against epitope-tagged LTBP1 constructs, we have shown colocalization of ..
- Gui Y, Murphy L. Interaction of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 with latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;250:189-95 pubmed..These data demonstrate that IGFBP-3 can bind to LTBP-1 and provide a potential mechanism whereby IGFBP-3 can interact with the TGF-beta system. ..
- Ludbrook S, Barry S, Delves C, Horgan C. The integrin alphavbeta3 is a receptor for the latency-associated peptides of transforming growth factors beta1 and beta3. Biochem J. 2003;369:311-8 pubmed..Furthermore, they are important as they link alpha(v)beta(3) and TGFbeta, which may have implications in cancer and a number of inflammatory and fibrotic diseases where expression of both proteins has been documented. ..
- Robertson I, Handford P, Redfield C. NMR spectroscopic and bioinformatic analyses of the LTBP1 C-terminus reveal a highly dynamic domain organisation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87125 pubmed publisherProteins from the LTBP/fibrillin family perform key structural and functional roles in connective tissues. LTBP1 forms the large latent complex with TGF? and its propeptide LAP, and sequesters the latent growth factor to the ..
- Hara Y, Ghazizadeh M, Shimizu H, Matsumoto H, Saito N, Yagi T, et al. Delayed Expression of Circulating TGF-?1 and BMP-2 Levels in Human Nonunion Long Bone Fracture Healing. J Nippon Med Sch. 2017;84:12-18 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of TGF-?1 and BMP-2 appeared to be delayed in nonunion patients which could play an important role in developing an early marker of fracture union condition and facilitate improved patient's management. ..
- Chen Q, Sivakumar P, Barley C, Peters D, Gomes R, Farach Carson M, et al. Potential role for heparan sulfate proteoglycans in regulation of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) by modulating assembly of latent TGF-beta-binding protein-1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26418-30 pubmed..We have previously identified fibronectin as a key molecule for incorporation of LTBP1 and TGF-beta into the ECM of osteoblasts and fibroblasts...
- Koli K, Ryynänen M, Keski Oja J. Latent TGF-beta binding proteins (LTBPs)-1 and -3 coordinate proliferation and osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Bone. 2008;43:679-88 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that LTBP isoforms can differentially regulate TGF-beta activation and ECM accumulation during osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Vuong M, Lundberg S, Gunnarsson I, Wramner L, Seddighzadeh M, Hahn Zoric M, et al. Genetic variation in the transforming growth factor-beta1 gene is associated with susceptibility to IgA nephropathy. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:3061-7 pubmed publisher..Our data also indicate a possibility of a gender effect in the genetic background of IgA nephropathy. ..
- Taipale J, Saharinen J, Hedman K, Keski Oja J. Latent transforming growth factor-beta 1 and its binding protein are components of extracellular matrix microfibrils. J Histochem Cytochem. 1996;44:875-89 pubmed..The present results indicate that latent TGF-beta 1 complexes are components of the extracellular matrix and suggest that alterations of the pericellular matrix could result in aberrant TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Thompson A, Cooper J, Jones G, Drenos F, van Bockxmeer F, Biros E, et al. Assessment of the association between genetic polymorphisms in transforming growth factor beta, and its binding protein (LTBP), and the presence, and expansion, of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Atherosclerosis. 2010;209:367-73 pubmed publisher..53 mm/year reduction in AAA growth rate, per T allele [p=0.03, p=0.01]). This study suggests that the LTBP4 gene may contribute to AAA progression. ..
- Suzuki S, Kulkarni A. Extracellular heat shock protein HSP90beta secreted by MG63 osteosarcoma cells inhibits activation of latent TGF-beta1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;398:525-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, extracellular HSP90beta is a negative regulator for the activation of latent TGF-beta1 modulating TGF-beta signaling in the extracellular domain. ..
- Oklu R, Hesketh R, Wicky S, Metcalfe J. Localization of latent transforming growth factor-? binding protein-1 in human coronary atherosclerotic plaques. Circ J. 2011;75:196-200 pubmed..However, TGF? is normally secreted as an inactive complex associated with a latent TGF?-binding protein (LTBP). Therefore, detection of TGF? antigen only in the arterial wall does not imply the activated form of the growth factor...
- Cao B, Yang L, Rong W, Feng L, Han N, Zhang K, et al. Latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1 in circulating plasma as a novel biomarker for early detection of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:16046-54 pubmed..72-0.83) and early-stage HCC (AUC = 0.80, 95% CI: 0.74-0.87). These findings proposed that LTBP-1 may be a promising biomarker for distinguishing HCC from the CHB or liver cirrhosis patients, especially for the early-stage HCC. ..
- Vehviläinen P, Koli K, Myllärniemi M, Lindholm P, Soini Y, Salmenkivi K, et al. Latent TGF-? binding proteins (LTBPs) 1 and 3 differentially regulate transforming growth factor-? activity in malignant mesothelioma. Hum Pathol. 2011;42:269-78 pubmed publisher..Current results suggest that LTBPs 1 and 3 may have specific roles in malignant mesothelioma pathogenesis through the regulation of TGF-? activation in the tumor tissue and the structure of the tumor stroma. ..
- Zingariello M, Martelli F, Ciaffoni F, Masiello F, Ghinassi B, D Amore E, et al. Characterization of the TGF-?1 signaling abnormalities in the Gata1low mouse model of myelofibrosis. Blood. 2013;121:3345-63 pubmed publisher..These data identify altered expression signatures of TGF-?1 signaling that may be responsible for MF in Gata1(low) mice and may represent additional targets for therapeutic intervention in PMF. ..
- Beaufort N, Scharrer E, Kremmer E, Lux V, Ehrmann M, Huber R, et al. Cerebral small vessel disease-related protease HtrA1 processes latent TGF-Î² binding protein 1 and facilitates TGF-Î² signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:16496-501 pubmed publisher..Hence, our data suggest an attenuation of TGF-Î² signaling caused by a lack of HtrA1-mediated LTBP-1 processing as mechanism underlying CARASIL pathogenesis. ..
- Kast J, Hanecker P, Beaufort N, Giese A, Joutel A, Dichgans M, et al. Sequestration of latent TGF-Î² binding protein 1 into CADASIL-related Notch3-ECD deposits. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2014;2:96 pubmed publisher..We propose LTBP-1 as a novel component of Notch3-ECD deposits and suggest its involvement in pathological processes triggered by Notch3-ECD aggregation. ..
- Caraci F, Bosco P, Signorelli M, Spada R, Cosentino F, Toscano G, et al. The CC genotype of transforming growth factor-?1 increases the risk of late-onset Alzheimer's disease and is associated with AD-related depression. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2012;22:281-9 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that the CC genotype of the TGF-?1 gene increases the risk to develop LOAD and is also associated with depressive symptoms in AD. ..
- Koli K, Hyytiäinen M, Ryynänen M, Keski Oja J. Sequential deposition of latent TGF-beta binding proteins (LTBPs) during formation of the extracellular matrix in human lung fibroblasts. Exp Cell Res. 2005;310:370-82 pubmed..Our results suggest that ECM is an important site of deposition also for LTBP-3 and -4 and that the temporal and spatial targeting of the TGF-beta complexes are associated with ECM maturation. ..
- Loh J, Lieu A, Su Y, Cheng C, Tsai T, Lin C, et al. The alteration of plasma TGF-?1 levels in patients with brain tumors after tumor removal. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2012;28:316-21 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that TGF-?1 may be a useful serologic marker for brain tumors. ..
- Stenman G, Sahlin P, Olofsson A, Geurts van Kessel A, Miyazono K. Assignment of the gene encoding the latent TGF-beta 1-binding protein (LTBP1) to human chromosome 2, region p12-->q22. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1994;66:117-9 pubmedLatent transforming growth factor beta 1-binding protein (LTBP1) is an important component of the large latent TGF-beta 1 complex. It plays a role in the assembly and secretion of the latent TGF-beta 1...