Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LSM11
Description: LSM11, U7 small nuclear RNA associated
Alias: U7 snRNA-associated Sm-like protein LSm11
- Pillai R, Grimmler M, Meister G, Will C, Luhrmann R, Fischer U, et al. Unique Sm core structure of U7 snRNPs: assembly by a specialized SMN complex and the role of a new component, Lsm11, in histone RNA processing. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2321-33 pubmed..Here we characterize this factor, termed Lsm11, as a novel Sm-like protein with apparently two distinct functions...
- Wagner E, Marzluff W. ZFP100, a component of the active U7 snRNP limiting for histone pre-mRNA processing, is required for entry into S phase. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6702-12 pubmed..U7 snRNP contains three novel proteins, Lsm10 and Lsm11, which are part of the core U7 Sm complex, and ZFP100, a Zn finger protein that helps stabilize binding of the U7 ..
- Fu D, Collins K. Purification of human telomerase complexes identifies factors involved in telomerase biogenesis and telomere length regulation. Mol Cell. 2007;28:773-85 pubmed
- Aik W, Lin M, Tan D, Tripathy A, Marzluff W, Dominski Z, et al. The N-terminal domains of FLASH and Lsm11 form a 2:1 heterotrimer for histone pre-mRNA 3'-end processing. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186034 pubmed publisher..The N-terminal domain (NTD) of Lsm11, a component of U7 snRNP, interacts with FLASH NTD and these two proteins recruit the histone cleavage complex ..
- Yang X, Sabath I, Debski J, Kaus Drobek M, Dadlez M, Marzluff W, et al. A complex containing the CPSF73 endonuclease and other polyadenylation factors associates with U7 snRNP and is recruited to histone pre-mRNA for 3'-end processing. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:28-37 pubmed publisher..The cleavage reaction is catalyzed by CPSF73 and depends on the U7 snRNP and its integral component, Lsm11. A critical role is also played by the 220-kDa protein FLASH, which interacts with Lsm11...