Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LRSAM1
Description: leucine rich repeat and sterile alpha motif containing 1
Alias: CMT2P, RIFLE, TAL, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase LRSAM1, Tsg101-associated ligase
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Tal, a Tsg101-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase, regulates receptor endocytosis and retrovirus buddingIdo Amit
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Genes Dev 18:1737-52. 2004..We report a novel protein, Tal (Tsg101-associated ligase), whose RING finger is necessary for multiple monoubiquitylation of Tsg101...
- A frameshift mutation in LRSAM1 is responsible for a dominant hereditary polyneuropathyMarian A J Weterman
Department of Genome Analysis AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 21:358-70. 2012..Two sequence variants co-segregated with the disease, and one, a 2 bp insertion in the last exon of LRSAM1, was also absent in 676 ethnicity-matched control chromosomes. This frameshift mutation (p...
- Mutation in the gene encoding ubiquitin ligase LRSAM1 in patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseDuane L Guernsey
Department of Pathology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
PLoS Genet 6:. 2010..A homozygous pathogenic variant was identified in the gene encoding leucine rich repeat and sterile alpha motif 1 (LRSAM1) by direct DNA sequencing of genes within the region in affected DNA samples...
- A novel LRSAM1 mutation is associated with autosomal dominant axonal Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseasePaschalis Nicolaou
Neurogenetics Department, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus
Eur J Hum Genet 21:190-4. 2013..06. Following exclusion of several candidate genes from the region, we targeted the LRSAM1 (leucine-rich repeat and sterile alpha motif-containing 1) gene, very recently found to be associated with ..
- The lion of the union: the pelvic wound of Joshua Lawrence ChamberlainW J Harmon
Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78250, USA
J Urol 163:713-6. 2000..In particular the most devastating injury was a rifle shot through the pelvis rupturing the bladder and urethra...
- Predictive value of RIFLE classification on prognosis of critically ill patients with acute kidney injury treated with continuous renal replacement therapyWen xiong Li
Department of Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1020-5. 2009..The recently proposed risk, injury, failure, loss, end-stage kidney disease (RIFLE) criteria for diagnosis and classification of AKI may provide a method for clinicians to decide the "optimal ..
- Medium-term follow-up of Achilles tendon lengthening in the treatment of ankle equinus in cerebral palsyFrederick R Dietz
Department of Orthopaedics Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Iowa Orthop J 26:27-32. 2006..It was hypothesized that the use of Achilles tendon lengthening (TAL) as a treatment for spastic ankle equinus during gait results in a high rate of over-weakening of the triceps surae ..
- Immunomorphometric studies of proteinuria in individual deep and superficial nephrons of ratsJ R Hoyer
Department of Pediatrics at the Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4318, USA
Lab Invest 80:1691-700. 2000..the uniformly abundant renal synthesis of Tamm-Horsfall protein (THP) in the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL)...
- RIFLE-based data collection/management system applied to a prospective cohort multicenter Italian study on the epidemiology of acute kidney injury in the intensive care unitFrancesco Garzotto
Departments of Intensive Care and Anesthesiology, St Bortolo Hospital, Viale Rodolfi 37, Vicenza, Italy
Blood Purif 31:159-71. 2011..The RIFLE and AKIN initiatives have provided a unifying definition for AKI, making possible large retrospective studies in ..
- Balance ability and athletic performanceCon Hrysomallis
Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living, School of Sport and Exercise Science, Victoria University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Sports Med 41:221-32. 2011..Surprisingly, no studies were found that compared the balance ability of rifle shooters with other athletes...
- [Magnetic resonance imaging and pathological evaluation of vacuum sealing drainage efficacy of early treated limb gunshot]Ronggang Li
The Second Affiliated Hospital of Lanzhou University, Lanzhou Gansu, 730030, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:335-9. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of vacuum sealing drainage (VSD) treating the penetrating wound in porcine extremity by MRI and pathological methods so as to provide theoretical basis for future clinical use...
- Familial hypomagnesemia with hypercalciuria and nephrocalcinosis: unusual clinical associations and novel claudin16 mutation in an Egyptian familyMohammad Al-Haggar
Genetics Unit, Mansoura University Children s Hospital, Mansoura, Egypt
Clin Exp Nephrol 13:288-94. 2009..is impaired tubular resorption of magnesium and calcium in the thick ascending limb of the loop of Henle (TAL) due to a genetic defect in paracellin-1 (a tight junction protein expressed in TAL)...
- Renal dysfunction after off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery- risk factors and preventive strategiesGaurab Maitra
Consultant, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain, Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata
Indian J Anaesth 53:401-7. 2009..injury, the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative formulated the Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss, and End-stage Kidney (RIFLE) classification...
- Balanced nitrogen economy as a flexible strategy on yield stabilizing and quality of aquatic food crops in wetland ecosystemA M Puste
Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya Agricultural University Mohanpur, 741 252, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Sci China C Life Sci 48:980-7. 2005..aquatic food crops (starch and protein-rich, most popular and remunerative) in the farmers' field of low-lying 'Tal' situation of New Alluvial Zone of Indian subtropics...
- Surgical treatment for rabbits' femoral arteries subjected to gunshot wounds combining with seawater immersionPeng Liu
Department of Orthopaedics, Research Institute of Field Surgery and Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Chin J Traumatol 8:311-6. 2005..To investigate the surgical treatment methods and evaluate the outcome of gunshot wounds combining with seawater immersion in rabbits' femoral arteries...
- Impact of prealbumin levels on mortality in patients with acute kidney injury: an observational cohort studyJose Ramon Perez Valdivieso
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Ren Nutr 18:262-8. 2008..We evaluated the prognostic value of prealbumin (transthyretin) levels in patients with acute kidney injury (AKI)...
- Protection efficiency of hearing protectors against military noise from handheld weapons and vehiclesR Pääkkönen
Tampere Regional Institute of Occupational Health, P O Box 486, FIN 33101 Tampere, Finland
Noise Health 7:11-20. 2005..Commercial and military versions of earmuff noise attenuation were measured against rifle noise...
- Wound ballistics: Minié ball vs. full metal jacketed bullets--a comparison of Civil War and Spanish-American War firearmsPaul Joseph Dougherty
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mil Med 174:403-7. 2009..This study compares the wounding characteristics of a reproduction rifle from the American Civil War to one of the Spanish-American War using the wound profile method.
- Balanced nitrogen economy as a flexible strategy on yield stabilizing and quality of aquatic food crops in wetland ecosystemA M Puste
Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya Agricultural University Mohanpur 741 252, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Sci China C Life Sci 48:980-7. 2005..aquatic food crops (starch and protein-rich, most popular and remunerative) in the farmers' field of low-lying 'Tal' situation of New Alluvial Zone of Indian subtropics...
- Oligodendrocyte-specific expression and autoantigenicity of transaldolase in multiple sclerosisK Banki
Department of Pathology, State University of New York College of Medicine, Syracuse 13210
J Exp Med 180:1649-63. 1994..was cloned and found to constitute an integral part of the coding sequence of the human transaldolase gene (TAL-H)...
- Na,K-ATPase activity in renal tubule cells from Milan hypertensive ratsM L Melzi
Department of Pediatrics, , Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Hypertens 2:563-6. 1989..Na,K-ATPase activity in proximal convoluted tubules (PCT) cells and medullary thick ascending limb of Henle cells (TAL) from MHS and from the Milan normotensive rats (MNS)...
- Cloning and kidney cell-specific activity of the promoter of the murine renal Na-K-C1 cotransporter geneP Igarashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
J Biol Chem 271:9666-74. 1996..proximal 5'-flanking region was ligated to a luciferase reporter gene and transfected into thick ascending limb (TAL) cells, a stable cell line derived from microdissected loops of Henle of the Tg(SV40E)Bri7 mouse...
- Implications for wildlife and humans of dietary exposure to lead from fragments of lead rifle bullets in deer shot in the UKJeff Knott
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL, UK
Sci Total Environ 409:95-9. 2010..Recent evidence has shown that the problem extends to terrestrial ecosystems and to fragmented rifle bullets eaten by scavengers as well as shotgun pellets...
- Bicarbonate transport along the loop of Henle: molecular mechanisms and regulationGiovambattista Capasso
Chair of Nephrology, Research Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, School of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Nephrol 15:S88-96. 2002..vivo microperfusion, perfusion in vitro of the S3 segment of the proximal tubule and of the thick ascending limb (TAL) of Henle's loop, as well as quantitative PCR performed on isolated TAL, has permitted the definition of key ..
- Preoperative estimated glomerular filtration rate and RIFLE-classified postoperative acute kidney injury predict length of stay post-coronary bypass surgery in an Australian settingE M Moore
Intensive Care Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 38:113-21. 2010..Postoperative acute kidney injury was categorised using serum creatinine RIFLE criteria (no acute kidney injury, risk, injury and failure)...
- The association of renal dysfunction and the use of aprotinin in patients undergoing congenital cardiac surgery requiring cardiopulmonary bypassAna Manrique
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Anesth Analg 109:45-52. 2009....
- Acute kidney injury is common, parallels organ dysfunction or failure, and carries appreciable mortality in patients with major burns: a prospective exploratory cohort studyI Steinvall
The Burn Unit, Department of Hand and Plastic Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, Garnisonsvägen, Linkoping, 58185, Sweden
Crit Care 12:R124. 2008....
- Initiation of murine embryonic erythropoiesis: a spatial analysisL Silver
University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics and Cancer Center, NY 14642, USA
Blood 89:1154-64. 1997..0). VYS erythropoiesis is decreased or abrogated by targeted disruption of the hematopoietic transcription factors tal-1, rbtn2, GATA-1, and GATA-2...
- Efficacy of the thin agar layer method for the recovery of stressed Cronobacter spp. (Enterobacter sakazakii)Tareq M Osaili
Department of Nutrition and Food Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid, 22110, Jordan
J Food Prot 73:1913-8. 2010..This study evaluated the efficacy of the thin agar layer (TAL) method for the recovery of Cronobacter cells that had been exposed to various stress conditions. Five strains of C...
- Transaldolase is essential for maintenance of the mitochondrial transmembrane potential and fertility of spermatozoaAndras Perl
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, State University of New York, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14813-8. 2006..Here, we report that male mice lacking transaldolase (TAL)(-/-) are sterile because of defective forward motility...
- cAMP increases surface expression of NKCC2 in rat thick ascending limbs: role of VAMPPablo A Ortiz
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Dept of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 290:F608-16. 2006NaCl absorption by the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL) is mediated by the apical Na-K-2Cl cotransporter NKCC2. cAMP increases NaCl absorption in the TAL by stimulating NKCC2...
- Characterization of serum lysosomal enzymatic activities. II. Effect of lumpy skin disease in Egyptian cowsM A Abdalla
Department of Animal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Zagazig University, Egypt
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 99:347-9. 1992..lysosomal enzymes (LYE) in eight lumpy skin diseases (LSD) cows and same number of healthy ones were reported in Tal-El Baker village and Tal Alkabir centre, Ismailia province, Egypt...
- ROMK is required for expression of the 70-pS K channel in the thick ascending limbMing Lu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8026, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286:F490-5. 2004Apical potassium recycling is crucial for salt transport by the thick ascending limb (TAL). Loss-of-function mutations in the K channel, ROMK (Kir1...
- Transforming genes in duck hepatic carcinoma--mht(raf) and Ha-rasH Tan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Cancer Institute
Sci Sin B 31:1325-32. 1988..was performed with DNAs from 2 duck primary hepatic carcinomas (DHC 40K, 9K) and 1 tumor-adjacent liver tissue (TAL, 9N). Transfectants were found from 40K, 9K and 9N DNAs...
- Pentose phosphate pathway flux analysis for glycopeptide antibiotic vancomycin production during glucose-limited cultivation of Amycolatopsis orientalisHulya Ayar-Kayali
Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry Division, University of Dokuz Eylul, Buca, Izmir, Turkey
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 41:94-105. 2011..such as glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH), 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6PGDH), and transaldolase (TAL) activities as well as ATP- and ADP-level variations of Amycolatopsis orientalis were investigated with respect to ..
- Management of maxillofacial problems in self-inflicted rifle woundsFuat Yuksel
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Haydarpasa Hospital, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 53:111-7. 2004..The initial anatomic reconstruction of the existing bone skeleton and the maximal use of regional tissue for cutaneous reconstruction provide an esthetic appearance that can never be duplicated by secondary reconstruction...
- Transaldolase: from biochemistry to human diseaseAnne K Samland
The Institute of Microbiology, Universitat Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, Stuttgart, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:1482-94. 2009The role of the enzyme transaldolase (TAL) in central metabolism, its biochemical properties, structure, and role in human disease is reviewed...
- Ultrastructural localization of antigens recognized by the monoclonal antibodies MB1, MB2, MT1, UCHL1, and TAL 1B5M G Butler
Department of Histopathology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ultrastruct Pathol 12:301-5. 1988..These distributions are different from that of immunoreactivity with TAL 1B5 (anti-HLA DR), which is present both on the cell membrane and in the cytoplasm...
- Acute kidney injury in tropical acute febrile illness in a tertiary care centre--RIFLE criteria validationGopal Basu
Department of Nephrology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:524-31. 2011Acute febrile illnesses are a common cause of tropical acute kidney injury (AKI). The incidence and severity of AKI in tropical febrile illnesses and validity of RIFLE classification are unclear.
- Comparison of recovery of airborne microorganisms in a dairy cattle facility using selective agar and thin agar layer resuscitation mediaBeth Ann Crozier-Dodson
Kansas State University, Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Manhattan 66506 1600, USA
J Food Prot 65:1488-92. 2002Thin agar layer (TAL) medium was developed at Kansas State University to improve the resuscitation of injured cells and has been shown to result in higher recovery than is obtained with selective media alone for cold-, heat-, salt-, and ..
- Mutagenesis of 18 type III effectors reveals virulence function of XopZ(PXO99) in Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzaeCongfeng Song
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 23:893-902. 2010..oryzae pv. oryzae belong to a family of transcription activator-like (TAL) effectors...
- Contributions of conserved serine and tyrosine residues to catalysis, ligand binding, and cofactor processing in the active site of tyrosine ammonia lyaseAmy C Schroeder
The Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Phytochemistry 69:1496-506. 2008Tyrosine ammonia lyase (TAL) catalyzes the conversion of L-tyrosine to p-coumaric acid using a 3,5-dihydro-5-methylidene-4H-imidazole-4-one (MIO) prosthetic group...
- Acute kidney injury in septic shock: clinical outcomes and impact of duration of hypotension prior to initiation of antimicrobial therapySean M Bagshaw
Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Intensive Care Med 35:871-81. 2009..To describe the incidence and outcomes associated with early acute kidney injury (AKI) in septic shock and explore the association between duration from hypotension onset to effective antimicrobial therapy and AKI...
- Acute kidney injury in the intensive care unit according to RIFLEMarlies Ostermann
Department of Intensive Care, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Crit Care Med 35:1837-43; quiz 1852. 2007To apply the RIFLE criteria "risk," "injury," and "failure" for severity of acute kidney injury to patients admitted to the intensive care unit and to evaluate the significance of other prognostic factors.
- Acute kidney injury in intensive care unit patients: a comparison between the RIFLE and the Acute Kidney Injury Network classificationsJosé António Lopes
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, Hospital de Santa Maria, Av, Prof, Egas Moniz, Lisboa 1649 035, Portugal
Crit Care 12:R110. 2008..Injury Network (AKIN) criteria versus Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss of Kidney Function, End-stage Kidney Disease (RIFLE) criteria is currently unknown...
- A pentamer transcriptional complex including tal-1 and retinoblastoma protein downmodulates c-kit expression in normal erythroblastsL Vitelli
Department of Hematology Oncology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 20:5330-42. 2000..erythroblasts, generated in vitro by normal adult progenitors, contain a pentamer protein complex comprising the tal-1 transcription factor heterodimerized with the ubiquitous E2A protein and linked to Lmo2, Ldb1, and retinoblastoma ..
- Relationship between lymphocyte apoptosis and endotoxin translocation after thermal injury in ratsPei Yuan Xia
Department of Pharmacy and Clinical Pharmacology, Southwestern Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:546-50. 2002..To investigate the relationship between lymphocyte apoptosis in peripheral blood, spleen and mesenteric lymph nodes(MLN) and endotoxin translocation after thermal injury in rats...
- Energy cost of rifle carriage in biathlon skiingK W Rundell
Sport Science and Technology Division, United States Olympic Committee, Lake Placid, NY, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 30:570-6. 1998Since biathlon racing involves cross-country skiing while carrying a minimum weight 3.5-kg rifle, energy cost for rifle carriage could be significant to race outcome...
- Lineage-restricted regulation of the murine SCL/TAL-1 promoterE O Bockamp
University of Cambridge, Department of Haematology, MRC Centre, UK
Blood 86:1502-14. 1995The SCL/TAL-1 gene encodes a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that is expressed in multipotent hematopoietic progenitors before lineage commitment...
- RIFLE criteria for acute kidney injury in valvular surgeryLuca Salvatore De Santo
Chair of Cardiac Surgery, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 19:139-47; discussion 148. 2010The RIFLE classification, which defines three grades of increasing severity of acute kidney injury--risk (RIFLE R), injury (RIFLE I) and failure (RIFLE F), and two outcome classes (L, loss) and E (end-stage kidney disease)--represents a ..
- Vasopressin V2 receptor expression along rat, mouse, and human renal epithelia with focus on TALK Mutig
Department of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1166-77. 2007..Pronounced V(2)R signal in thick ascending limb (TAL) was corroborated functionally; phosphorylation of Na(+)-K(+)-2Cl(-) cotransporter type 2 (NKCC2) was established ..
- Tight perioperative glucose control is associated with a reduction in renal impairment and renal failure in non-diabetic cardiac surgical patientsPatrick Lecomte
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Onze Lieve Vrouw Hospital, Moorselbaan 164, 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Crit Care 12:R154. 2008..and postoperative tight control of blood glucose levels on renal function after cardiac surgery based on the Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss, and End-stage kidney failure (RIFLE) criteria, and on the need for acute postoperative dialysis.
- Anti-inflammatory effect of triterpenoic Acids of Eriobotrya japonica (Thunb.) Lindl. Leaf on rat model of chronic bronchitisJin fang Ge
School of Pharmacy, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, Anhui, China
Am J Chin Med 37:309-21. 2009..Lindl. (TAL) on chronic bronchitis (CB) in rats...
- Detection of glucagon receptor mRNA in the rat proximal tubule: potential role for glucagon in the control of renal glucose transportJ Marks
Department of Physiology and Centre for Nephrology, Institute of Urology and Nephrology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:253-8. 2003..renal tubular solute and fluid transport, although it is only thought to act directly on the thick ascending limb (TAL) and collecting duct (CD)...
- Contribution of acute kidney injury toward morbidity and mortality in burns: a contemporary analysisSteven G Coca
Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 49:517-23. 2007..It is not known whether milder forms of AKI have prognostic importance in burns...
- Absence of small conductance K+ channel (SK) activity in apical membranes of thick ascending limb and cortical collecting duct in ROMK (Bartter's) knockout miceMing Lu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8026, USA
J Biol Chem 277:37881-7. 2002..1; Kcnj1) gene is believed to encode the apical small conductance K(+) channels (SK) of the thick ascending limb (TAL) and cortical collecting duct (CCD)...
- Effects of abomasal infusion of linseed oil on responses to glucose and insulin in holstein cowsJ A A Pires
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:1378-90. 2008..design, fed to meet maintenance requirements, and infused abomasally with either linseed oil (LIN) or tallow (TAL) at a rate of 0.54 g/kg of body weight per d for 5.5 d...
- Phase 1 study of human plasma-derived plasmin (TAL-05-00018) in hemodialysis graft occlusionRichard Shlansky-Goldberg
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thromb Res 122:S16-9. 2008..Percutaneous intervention involves thrombolysis with plasminogen activators, mechanical removal of thrombus, and angioplasty of the stenotic lesions...
- Effect of luminal atrial natriuretic peptide on chloride reabsorption in mouse cortical thick ascending limb: inhibition by endothelinC Bailly
Department of Cellular Biology, CEA Saclay, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1791-7. 2000..undertaken to investigate a possible effect of the peptide on chloride reabsorption (JCl) in thick ascending limb (TAL)...
- [Na-K-Cl cotransporters and "salt-sensitive" arterial hypertension]R P Garay
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:1033-8. 1999..of DS rats seems to be hyperactivity of cotransporter Na-K-Cl BSC1 at the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL)...
- Acute kidney injury in adult idiopathic nephrotic syndromeTianxin Chen
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325000, PR China
Ren Fail 33:144-9. 2011This study aims to investigate the epidemiology, clinical and histological features, and prognosis of acute kidney injury (AKI) according to RIFLE classification in adult patients with idiopathic nephrotic syndrome.
- Acute renal dysfunction following hip fractureSimon J Bennet
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Cheltenham General Hospital, Sandford Rd, Cheltenham GL53 7AN, United Kingdom
Injury 41:335-8. 2010..Historically, lack of consensus definition has hindered accurate reporting of ARD. ARD was defined using the 'RIFLE' criteria. 27 patients (16%) developed ARD...
- Regulation of potassium channel Kir 1.1 (ROMK) abundance in the thick ascending limb of Henle's loopC A Ecelbarger
Division of Endocrinology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:10-8. 2001The renal outer medullary potassium channel (ROMK) of the thick ascending limb (TAL) is a critical component of the counter-current multiplication mechanism...
- Air rifle pellet injury to the middle ear, a very rare occurenceO Judd
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, UK
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 129:297-9. 2008Air rifle pellet injuries are relatively common. These injuries often involve the brain, eyes chest or abdomen. It is rare for ENT surgeons to be involved in the care of these patients.
- Predicted oxygenation efficacy of a thoracic artificial lungCarrie E Perlman
Department of Chemistry, Chemical Biology and Biomedical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey, USA
ASAIO J 58:247-54. 2012A thoracic artificial lung (TAL) provides respiratory support for lung disease...
- Today's approach to the critically ill patient with acute kidney injuryZaccaria Ricci
Department of Pediatric Cardiosurgery, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Blood Purif 27:127-34. 2009..classification and diagnosis of AKI are fundamental today and may be reliably based on recently proposed RIFLE (risk, injury, failure, loss of function, end-stage kidney disease) classification...
- Effects of preparation method, age, and plating technique of thin agar layer media on recovery of Escherichia coli O157:H7 injured by sodium chlorideM N Hajmeer
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Microbiol Methods 47:249-53. 2001The thin agar layer (TAL) method was experimentally tested to determine its ability to recover Escherichia coli O157:H7 injured by sodium chloride (NaCl). Cells grown in Brain Heart Infusion broth with 0%, 5%, or 7...
- Effects of abomasal infusion of tallow or camelina oil on responses to glucose and insulin in dairy cows during late pregnancyS Salin
Department of Agricultural Sciences, PO Box 28, FI 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Dairy Sci 95:3812-25. 2012..of the study was to evaluate the effects of elevation of plasma NEFA concentration by abomasal infusions tallow (TAL) or camelina oil (CAM) on whole-body responses to exogenous glucose and insulin...
- Thin agar layer method for recovery of heat-injured Listeria monocytogenesD H Kang
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506 1600, USA
J Food Prot 62:1346-9. 1999A thin agar layer (TAL) method was developed to recover heat-injured Listeria monocytogenes. Modified Oxford medium (MOX), a selective plating medium, inhibits heat-injured L...
- Air rifle injury with an entrance through the nose: a case report and review of the literatureF Monticelli
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of München, Frauenlobstrasse 7a, 80337 München
Int J Legal Med 116:292-4. 2002..of attempted homicide is reported where a 31-year-old woman was shot in the left nostril with a pellet from an air rifle. The projectile channel reconstruction showed penetration of the nasal septum, the maxillary and sphenoid cavities ..
- Targeting G with TAL effectors: a comparison of activities of TALENs constructed with NN and NK repeat variable di-residuesMichelle L Christian
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development and Center for Genome Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e45383. 2012The DNA binding domain of Transcription Activator-Like (TAL) effectors can easily be engineered to have new DNA sequence specificities...
- [Extracorporeal treatment of acute kidney injury during sepsis]Federico Nalesso
Dipartimento di Nefrologia, Dialisi e Trapianto, Ospedale San Bortolo, Vicenza Italy
G Ital Nefrol 29:S35-40. 2012..Acute kidney injury (AKI) according to the modern RIFLE criteria complicates sepsis and increases the mortality; it often requires the implementation of methods for ..
- Differential use of SCL/TAL-1 DNA-binding domain in developmental hematopoiesisMira T Kassouf
Department of Haematology, Medical Research Council, Molecular Haematology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 112:1056-67. 2008..SCL/TAL-1 is a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor absolutely critical for hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell ..
- Fluid dilution and efficiency of Na(+) transport in a mathematical model of a thick ascending limb cellAniel Nieves-González
Department of Mathematics, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F634-52. 2013Thick ascending limb (TAL) cells are capable of reducing tubular fluid Na(+) concentration to as low as ~25 mM, and yet they are thought to transport Na(+) efficiently owing to passive paracellular Na(+) absorption...
- Isoforms of renal Na-K-2Cl cotransporter NKCC2: expression and functional significanceHayo Castrop
Physiologisches Institut der Universität Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F859-66. 2008..BSC1) is selectively expressed in the apical membrane of cells of the thick ascending limb of the loop of Henle (TAL) and macula densa...
- Ensemble modeling for aromatic production in Escherichia coliMatthew L Rizk
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6903. 2009..existing data from the literature for the overexpression of genes coding for transketolase (Tkt), transaldolase (Tal), and phosphoenolpyruvate synthase (Pps) to screen the ensemble, we arrive at a set of models that properly ..
- Gentamicin-associated acute kidney injuryNicholas M Selby
Department of Renal Medicine, Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby, DE22 3NE, UK
QJM 102:873-80. 2009The incidence of gentamicin-associated acute kidney injury (AKI) as defined by the RIFLE criteria is unknown.
- AKI in Hospitalized Children: Comparing the pRIFLE, AKIN, and KDIGO DefinitionsScott M Sutherland
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, California
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 10:554-61. 2015..This study applied the Pediatric RIFLE (pRIFLE), AKI Network (AKIN), and Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) criteria to an anonymized ..
- Renal tubular Fas ligand mediates fratricide in cisplatin-induced acute kidney failureAndreas Linkermann
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Kidney Int 79:169-78. 2011..Freshly isolated primary tubule segments from wt mice were co-incubated with thick ascending limb (TAL) segments freshly isolated from mice expressing the green fluorescent protein (GFP) transgene (same genetic ..
- Unsuspected role for the T-cell leukemia protein SCL/tal-1 in vascular developmentJ E Visvader
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and the Dana Farber Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 12:473-9. 1998The transcription factor SCL/tal-1 is essential for blood cell development. Though it is also expressed in vascular endothelium, SCL has been considered dispensable for vessel formation...
- Cloning and in vitro characterization of dTDP-6-deoxy-L-talose biosynthetic genes from Kitasatospora kifunensis featuring the dTDP-6-deoxy-L-lyxo-4-hexulose reductase that synthesizes dTDP-6-deoxy-L-taloseSuman Karki
Department of Biological Science, Myongji University, Yongin, Republic of Korea
Carbohydr Res 345:1958-62. 2010..gene cluster, serving as a template for four recombinant proteins of RmlA(Kkf), RmlB(Kkf), RmlC(Kkf), and Tal, which complete the biosynthesis of dTDP-6dTal from dTTP, alpha-d-glucose-1-phosphate, and NAD(P)H...
- Uranium 238U/235U isotope ratios as indicators of reduction: results from an in situ biostimulation experiment at Rifle, Colorado, U.S.ACharles John Bopp
Department of Geology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 253 Natural History Building, 1301 West Green Street, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Environ Sci Technol 44:5927-33. 2010..We apply measurements of 238U/235U to a U bioremediation field experiment at the Rifle Integrated Field Research Challenge Site in Rifle, Colorado...
- LYL1 activity is required for the maturation of newly formed blood vessels in adulthoodNelly Pirot
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5535, Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique, Montpellier, France
Blood 115:5270-9. 2010The 2 related basic helix loop helix genes, LYL1 and TAL-1 are active in hematopoietic and endothelial lineages...
- The tal gene undergoes chromosome translocation in T cell leukemia and potentially encodes a helix-loop-helix proteinQ Chen
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
EMBO J 9:415-24. 1990..breakpoints of these patients lie within a kilobasepair of each other, and thus define a genetic locus (designated tal) involved in T cell oncogenesis...
- Renal outer medullary potassium channel knockout models reveal thick ascending limb function and dysfunctionTong Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT, 06520 8026, USA
Clin Exp Nephrol 16:49-54. 2012..1 or KCNJ1) highly expressed in the cortical and medullary thick ascending limbs (TAL), connecting segment (CNT) and cortical collecting duct (CCD) in the mammalian kidney, where it serves to recycle ..
- MAPK activation determines renal epithelial cell survival during oxidative injuryJ F DI Mari
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas 77555 0562, USA
Am J Physiol 277:F195-203. 1999..extracellular regulated kinase (ERK) pathway is activated only in the inner stripe in which thick ascending limb (TAL) cells predominate. These studies are consistent with the notion that ERK activation is essential for survival...
- Stimulation of Ca2+-sensing receptor inhibits the basolateral 50-pS K channels in the thick ascending limb of rat kidneyShumin Kong
Department of Pharmacology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1823:273-81. 2012..to study the effect of changing the external Ca2+ on the basolateral 50-pS K channel in the thick ascending limb (TAL) of rat kidney...
- Impact of real-time electronic alerting of acute kidney injury on therapeutic intervention and progression of RIFLE classKirsten Colpaert
Department of Intensive Care, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Crit Care Med 40:1164-70. 2012To evaluate whether a real-time electronic alert system or "AKI sniffer," which is based on the RIFLE classification criteria (Risk, Injury and Failure), would have an impact on therapeutic interventions and acute kidney injury ..
- Penetrating abdominal gunshot wounds caused by high-velocity missiles: a review of 51 military injuries managed at a level-3 trauma centerSemih Gorgulu
Department of General Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Int Surg 93:331-8. 2008..Our results showed that military rifle bullets do not cause greater tissue disruption than that found in wounds created by lower-velocity projectiles...
- [On the effect of shotgun shot. A crime scene investigation]Jens H Henriksen
Klinisk Fysiologisk Nuklearmedicinsk Afdeling, Hvidovre Hospital, Hvidovre
Ugeskr Laeger 171:3768-9. 2009b>Rifle contra shotgun shots are considered in relation to an X-mas goose and shooting accident. Depending on the size of shots, material and velocity, the effect in the body may vary considerably...
- The influence of muscle tremor on shooting performanceMartin Lakie
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Research Group, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Exp Physiol 95:441-50. 2010..The Olympic biathlon is an event in which vigorous physical exercise alternates with rifle shooting and it often takes place in a cold environment...
- Impact of the etiology of acute kidney injury on outcomes following liver transplantation: acute tubular necrosis versus hepatorenal syndromeMitra K Nadim
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Liver Transpl 18:539-48. 2012..severity of AKI at the time of LT as described by the Risk, Injury, Failure, Loss, and End-Stage Kidney Disease (RIFLE) classification: risk, injury, or failure...
- SCL/tal-1-dependent process determines a competence to select the definitive hematopoietic lineage prior to endothelial differentiationMitsuhiro Endoh
Department of Molecular Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606 8057, Japan
EMBO J 21:6700-8. 2002..This study aimed at determining the stage at which hematopoietic lineage fate is determined by manipulating the SCL/tal-1 expression that is known to be essential for the early development of the primitive and definitive hematopoietic ..
- A ligation-independent cloning technique for high-throughput assembly of transcription activator–like effector genesJonathan L Schmid-Burgk
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Pharmacology, Unit for Clinical Biochemistry, University Hospital, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Nat Biotechnol 31:76-81. 2013Transcription activator–like (TAL) effector proteins derived from Xanthomonas species have emerged as versatile scaffolds for engineering DNA-binding proteins of user-defined specificity and functionality...
- Prognosis and serum creatinine levels in acute renal failure at the time of nephrology consultation: an observational cohort studyJose Ramon Perez-Valdivieso
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
BMC Nephrol 8:14. 2007..renal failure (ARF), before specialized treatment begins, and in-hospital mortality, recovery of renal function, and overall mortality at 6 months, on an equal degree of ARF severity, using the RIFLE criteria, and comorbid illnesses.
- Losartan decreases vasopressin-mediated cAMP accumulation in the thick ascending limb of the loop of Henle in rats with congestive heart failureM Torp
Department of Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 190:339-50. 2007..AVP) stimulates sodium reabsorption and Na,K,2Cl-cotransporter (NKCC2) protein level in the thick ascending limb (TAL) of Henle's loop in rats...
- An anthropological analysis of gunshot wounds to the chestNatalie R Langley
University of Tennessee, Department of Anthropology, 250 South Stadium Hall, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
J Forensic Sci 52:532-7. 2007This analysis of gunshot trauma to the bony thorax examines 87 handgun and rifle wounds from documented cases in an effort to corroborate an earlier report and to provide the forensic community with additional literature in this area...
- A modified TALEN-based system for robust generation of knock-out human pluripotent stem cell lines and disease modelsStefan Frank
Chemical Genomics Centre of the Max Planck Society, Dortmund, Germany
BMC Genomics 14:773. 2013..The modular architecture of TAL effectors theoretically enables targeting of any genomic locus and several cloning systems for custom TALEN ..
- Clinical accuracy of RIFLE and Acute Kidney Injury Network (AKIN) criteria for predicting hospital mortality in critically ill patients with multi-organ dysfunction syndromeRanistha Ratanarat
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 96:S224-31. 2013The Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) group developed RIFLE criteria and the Acute Kidney Injury Network published AKIN classification that modified form RIFLE criteria.
- Emerging evidence that radial is safer than femoral percutaneous coronary intervention in subjects with ST segment elevation myocardial infarctionGiancarla Scalone
Institute of Cardiology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Agostino Gemelli, 8 00168, Rome, Italy
Rev Recent Clin Trials 8:86-92. 2013..approach (TFA), may improve clinical outcome in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction: the RIFLE STEAC and STEMI-RADIAL. In the RIFLE STEACS, the primary endpoint of 30-day NACEs occurred in 68 patients (13...
- Sequential expression of NKCC2, TonEBP, aldose reductase, and urea transporter-A in developing mouse kidneyHyun Wook Lee
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F269-77. 2007..NKCC2 was first detected on F14 in differentiating macula densa and thick ascending limb (TAL). TonEBP was first detected on F15 in the medullary collecting duct (MCD) and surrounding endothelial cells...
- Hepcidin Lateral Flow Device for Prediction of Acute Kidney InjuryMARK EDWARD WESTERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..uHep adjusted for urine creatinine (uHep/uCr;ng/mg) was inversely correlated with severity of AKI when scored by RIFLE criteria (based on pCr)...
- APPROACHES TO NATRIURETIC AND ANTIHYPERTENSIVE AGENTSWilliam Wechter; Fiscal Year: 2001..Based on the very high potency of LLU-alpha inhibiting the 70 pS K+ channel of TAL cells of the loop of Henle, it is now known where this receptor resides...
- Pathogenesis and Treatment of Liver Disease in Transaldolase DeficiencyAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2013..The preliminary results indicate that deficiency of transaldolase (TAL, encoded by the TALDO1 genomic locus), an enzyme of the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP), is an important cause of ..
- Understanding the Function of Tamm-Horsfall Protein in Acute Kidney InjuryTAREK MAURICE ASHKAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..This protein has unclear functions and is expressed exclusively in thick ascending limbs (TAL) of the kidney...
- BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL NATURE OF CLAUDIN-16 AND CLAUDIN-19 CHANNELSJianghui Hou; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have found that the two claudins co-localize in the thick ascending limb (TAL), interact and form a cation-selective protein complex...
- Identify, Characterize &Regulate Intermediate Conductance K Channels in KidneyJOHN QIANG LENG; Fiscal Year: 2013..ROMK forms the 30 pS K+ recycling/secretory channel in the thick ascending limb (TAL) and collecting duct and mediates apical K recycling in TAL and net K+ secretion by aldosterone-sensitive distal ..
- International Symposium on Growth and Nutrition in Chronic Kidney DiseaseRobert H Mak; Fiscal Year: 2012..All participants should benefit from the cross- tal and interaction, which will not otherwise occur...
- Humanization of hFcRn Mice for Physiological Evaluation of Therapeutic AntibodiesMICHAEL VAN WILES; Fiscal Year: 2013..To do this, we will use TAL effector nucleases to introduce heterospecific recombinase target sites flanking the region of interest, followed ..
- Stem Cell Models of Familial Combined HypolipidemiaKiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to do this in the most rigorous possible way by (1) using human genome editing with cutting-edge TAL effector nuclease (TALEN) technology to generate isogenic human pluripotent stem cell (hPSC) lines with or without ..
- Metabolic control of systemic autoimmunityAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2012..we identified changes in expression of genes that control key metabolic pathways: over-expression of transaldolase (TAL) which induces glutathione depletion and MHP, low expression of eNOS-interacting protein (NOSIP) that regulates ..
- High-throughput screening and stem cell modeling of causal eQTL variantsKiran Musunuru; Fiscal Year: 2013..parallel reporter assay (MPRA), to prioritize SNPs for further study;(2) use human genome editing with cutting-edge TAL effector nuclease (TALEN) technology to alter each high-priority SNP in human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs), so as ..
- Delivery of Channel Rhodopsin for Optogenetic Control of Neurons in the CochleaDaniel J Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..This results in channel cross-tal and the activation of neuronal populations remote from the site of the electrode...
- A novel ChIP-spec technology to isolate protein complexes at unique genomic lociRichard A Young; Fiscal Year: 2013..The ChIP-spec technology works by introducing a "DNA sequence specific molecular handle" comprised of a DNA binding TAL (Transcription-Activator Like) affinity tag (TAL-tag) into a cell type of interest...
- Multiscale Model of Neural Control of BreathingIlya A Rybak; Fiscal Year: 2013..Smith, NINDS, NIH, intramural), mathematics, system analysis and bioengineering (Alona Ben-Tal, Massey University, NZ), and computational neuroscience and neural control (Ilya A. Rybak, Drexel University)...
- Prenatal stress: the epigenetic basis of maternal and perinatal effectsBenjamin Tycko; Fiscal Year: 2013..life stress assessed 3x in pregnancy using 24-hour Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) via a Personal Digi- tal Assistant (PDA)) and mood symptoms elicited by clinician interviews) predict women's stress hormone lev- els (..
- Mechanism and neurodevelopmental role of DISC 1 and NRG/ErbB signaling cross-talSAURAV RAO SESHADRI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project aims to study the convergent mechanisms by which major susceptibility genes for schizophrenia (D1SC1, Neuregulins, and ErbB receptors) affect development and lead to disease pathophysiology. ..
- NextGen DNA Binding Proteins Based on TAL DomainsDavid J Segal; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Transcription activator-like (TAL) effector domains were recently discovered to be DNA binding domains...
- Prediction and Design of Nucleic Acid Recognition by Repeat ProteinsPhilip Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, a novel family of bacterial repeat proteins - the transcriptional activator-like (TAL) effectors - has been discovered that recognizes DNA in a remarkably modular fashion, with each repeat targeting a ..
- Isogenic Human Pluripotent Stem Cell-Based Models of Human Disease MutationsCHAD ALBERT COWAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..of methodologies to rapidly alter genes of interest in human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) using engineered TAL effector nucleases (TALENs), and (c) protocols to differentiate hPSCs into cell populations with characteristics of ..
- Utilizing TALEN technology to regulate human microRNA'sRYAN O'CONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to develop a novel approach to controlling human microRNA genes through the use of modified TAL---effector DNA binding proteins that we will engineer to disrupt or activate microRNA genes...
- Artiodactyl Gene Modification with Tal Effector NucleasesSCOTT CHRISTOPHER FAHRENKRUG; Fiscal Year: 2012..The recently described TAL effector nucleases (TALENs) are a novel DSB-inducing platform that appears to be easier to deploy and with a ..
- An Animal Model of LRSAM1 Peripheral NeuropathyRobert W Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this proposal is to validate mutations in the mouse Lrsam1 gene as a model of human inherited peripheral neuropathy, and to determine the cellular pathway in which LRSAM1 protein functions...
- Developing resources to alleviate muscle atrophy in FSHD by genome engineeringBrian P Chadwick; Fiscal Year: 2013..advances have made possible genome engineering in human cells through custom-built zinc finger nucleases (ZFN) and TAL effector nucleases (TALEN)...
- Tsg101 - a Modulator of ErbB2 Signaling in Breast CancerKay Uwe Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. ErbB2). We will study the interaction of constitutively active Tsg101 with the ubiquitin ligase Tal as well as known members of the ESCRT complex...
- DNA targeting by TAL effectorsDaniel F Voytas; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): TAL effectors are a class of proteins used by bacterial pathogens of plants to directly modulate host gene expression...
- GENOMEWIDE ANALYSIS OF INTERACTIONS IN ALZHEIMER DISEASE USING NEURAL NETWORKSStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..genetic and environmental factors that Influence AD risl<because few computational methods exist that can fully tal^e advantage of the wealth of data generated In contemporary genome-wide association studies (GWAS)...
- Optimizing Treatment of Rectal Cancer Using a Markov Decision ModelGeorge J Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..bydeveloping toxicity minimized and quality-of-life preserving strategies for the treatment of patients withrec;tal cancer...
- Using site-specific nucleases to manipulate the zebrafish genomeScot A Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2013..The advent of zinc finger nucleases, and more recently TAL-effector nucleases, has provided an accessible methodology for the targeted disruption of practically any gene ..
- Discovery and Functional Studies of Genes for T1D GWAS Susceptibility LociAron M Geurts; Fiscal Year: 2012..the first in the world to demonstrate targeted zinc-finger nuclease (ZFN) technology, and among the first to apply TAL Effector Nuclease technology, to target and disrupt ('knock out'), specific genes in the rat and have ..
- Statistical Software for Genetic Association StudiesROBERTO G GUTIERREZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..investigations not only of the effects of genes alone, but also of their effects in combination with environmen- tal exposures...
- Modular custom nuclease platform for genome engineering therapiesJordan Jarjour; Fiscal Year: 2012..therapies compared with previous LHE scaffolds and alternate technologies such as zinc-finger nucleases and TAL effector nucleases...
- SETTING THE STAGE FOR REPLACEMENT OF MITOCHONDRIAL GENESCARLOS TORRES MORAES; Fiscal Year: 2013..To do so, we will take advantage of new developments in the field of designed nucleases. TAL-effector nucleases have emerged as highly flexible molecules that can recognize DNA regions based on a modular ..
- ALCOHOL AND CELL ADHESIONMICHAEL EDWARD CHARNESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because the brains of children with L1 mutations resemble those of children with tal alcohol syndrome, it is possible that inhibition of L1-mediated cell adhesion contributes to the eratogenic effects ..
- T CELL IMMUNE RESPONSE TO BREAST CARCINOMATimothy Eberlein; Fiscal Year: 1999..Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) isolated from solid breast tumor or tumor-associated lymphocytes (TAL) isolated from metastatic effusions that were activated with solid-phase anti-CD3 antibody and repeatedly ..
- Improving the Efficiency of Gene Targeting Using TAL Effector NucleasesShengdar Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2013..to genetically engineer all types of genetic modifications by homologous recombination using engineered nucleases (TAL effector nucleases or TALENs) in human somatic and pluripotent cells and 2) to improve our ability to use TALEN-..
- Prevention of Kidney Stone Crystal RetentionJack G Kleinman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Polyanions and small to intermediate MW polymers containing other functional groups that may interfere with crys- tal attachment will be tested for their ability to inhibit calcium oxalate crystal deposition in rats treated with ..
- Nanostructured Zirconia Ceramics for Joint ProstheticsANTHONY SUTORIK; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. supplier of toughened zirconia hip joints in the U.S. but no longer produces them. Tal Materials has learned to produce large quantities of very high quality nanosized 3YSZ powders using controlled ..
- Development and Maintenance of the MEAD Software SuiteDONALD E BASHFORD; Fiscal Year: 2012..potential drug molecules are evaluated computation- ally to narrow down the number of molecules needing costly experimen- tal tests. The proposed grant will support the continued development and maintenance of MEAD.
- INTRAOPERATIVE MEASUREMENT IN CEREBRAL PALSY SURGERYRichard Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2003..prospective clinical study which compares two methods for equinus deformity correction: tendoachilles lengthening (TAL) and gastrocnemius-soleus recession (GSR, "Strayer" procedure)...
- DETAILED ANALYSIS OF SCL/TAL DIMERIZATION WITH E PROTEINAdam Goldfarb; Fiscal Year: 2001..in humans, the majority of cases ectopically express the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor SCL/tal. Normally, SCL/tal promotes hematopoietic stem cell development and erythroid differentiation but is not expressed ..
- Regulation of HIV transcription by Tat and P-TEPbTSAFI PE ERY; Fiscal Year: 2004..P-TEFb (cyclin T1/CDK9) is a cellular transcription elongation factor that cooperates with the viral protein Tal to attain processive transcription of the HIV genome...
- Transcriptional Control of Hematopoietic Stem CellsEMERY BRESNICK; Fiscal Year: 2005..HoxB4, Bmi 1, beta-catenin, TAL-1 and GATA-2 transcription factors control HSC self-renewal and/or function...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Tissue Stem Cell PlasticityStuart Orkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 3 will assess whether expression of a hematopoietic (SCL/tal-1) or myogenic (MyoD) regulatory gene alters in vivo HSC or muscle stem cell plasticity...
- Child-Instruction Interactions Causal Effects on ReadingCAROL M CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..1998) technology and teacher education software, Knowledge Networks on the Web (KNOW, Fishman, Marx, Best, &Tal, 2003)...
- THERAPEUTIC APPROACH TO PROTECT T CELLS FROM APOPTOSISHannah Rabinowich; Fiscal Year: 2002..applicant's preliminary studies, she hypothesizes that death receptors expressed on tumor-associated lymphocytes (TAL) are activated to initiate an apoptotic cell death of the lymphocytes interacting with ovarian cancer cells...
- Identification and Characterization of the HemangioblastGordon Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..the proposal will investigate the molecular regulation of the hemangioblast and focus on the role of Epo/EpoR, scl/tal-1 and three newly identified genes in this developmental process...
- GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCE--PROTEOGLYCANSTheodore Oegema; Fiscal Year: 1990..Areas to be covered should be of interest to medical scientists including investigators in biochemistry, immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, rheumatology, orthopaedics and developmen- tal biology.
- NaCI Balance and Targeted Insulin Receptor Knockout MiceCarolyn Ecelbarger; Fiscal Year: 2004..In specific aim 2, we plan to develop the thick ascending limb cell insulin receptor knock-out mouse (TAL-IR KO) and, likewise, evaluate basal NaCI transport...
- EPS: A Novel Hematopoietic Transcription FactorJohn Crispino; Fiscal Year: 2006EPS (Erythroid Partner of SCL/tal-l) is a novel protein that interacts with the basic Helix aboutLoop-Helix (bHLH) family transcription factors SCL/tal-1 (Stem Cell Leukemia) and E12...
- Involvement of RUNX1 in Megakaryocytic DifferentiationAdam Goldfarb; Fiscal Year: 2007..is unique in that virtually all other megakaryocytic transcription factors, such as GATA-1, FOG-1, NF-E2, and SCL/tal, display shared expression in both megakaryocytic and erythroid lineages...
- SCL GENE DYSREGULATION AND T CELL LEUKEMIAPeter Aplan; Fiscal Year: 1999..adapted from the investigator's abstract) Disruption and resultant dysregulation of the SCL gene (TCL-5 or tal-1), either by chromosomal translocation or by a site-specific interstitial deletion, is the most common specific ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF HUMAN LEUKEMIC STEM CELLSDominique Bonnet; Fiscal Year: 2003..1, GATA- 1, Hox A5, Hox B4 and SCL/tal-1), known to be involved in the early stage of hematopoietic development and/or in the physiopathology of leukemia, ..
- REGULATION OF THE NA+ COUPLED CL- COTRANSPORTERSSteven Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2004..Increasing net NaCl reabsorption in the thick ascending limb of Henle [TAL] by hormones generating cAMP via their respective Gs-coupled receptors is a fundamental mechanism for regulating ..
- 4TH INTL EXPERIMENTAL SKIN CARCINOGENESIS CONFERENCEGEORGE BOWDEN; Fiscal Year: 2000..genes and gene expression that play a functional role in skin cancer development induced by important environmen- tal agents...
- POTASSIUM TRANSPORT AND ADAPTATION IN THE NEPHRONSteven Hebert; Fiscal Year: 1999..functional-regulatory properties virtually identical to the low conductance secretory KATP channel in principal and TAL cells, and provides the basis for studying the specific mechanisms involved in these regulatory processes at a ..
- REGULATION OF RENAL CYCLOOXYGENASE-2NICHOLAS FERRERI; Fiscal Year: 2002..nephron segments, and 2) to assess the regulation of renal COX-2 by endogenous corticosteroids and phenotype of TAL and characterize cells that contain COX-2...
- Biological Markers of Recovery for the KidneyJohn A Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2010..For analyses requiring serial samples and urine samples, we propose to study a subset of trial patients enrolled at 5 sites who consent to additional sample collection (208 patients) ..
- Systems Engineering of Pheresis Intervention for SepsisJohn Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also call on the expertise of two companies, one specializing in adsorbent polymer technology (MedaSorb Technologies, LLC) and the other in complex systems modeling (Immunetrics, Inc.). ..
- Modulation of K channels in renal collecting ductWen Hui Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Statistical Software for Genetic Association StudiesRoberto Gutierrez; Fiscal Year: 2007..and more ef?cient statistical methods for the analysis of case-control genetic data in the presence of environmen- tal factors, and thus bring into the mainstream better ways of detecting main genetic effects and gene-environment ..
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in patients with SLEAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, checkpoints of mitochondrial hyperpolarization could represent novel targets of pharmacological intervention in patients with SLE. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF TRANSALDOLASEAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (Copied from Applicant Abstract): Transaldolase (TAL) is an enzyme of the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) which generates two essential metabolites: ribose 5-phosphate for nucleotide synthesis and NADPH for biosynthetic ..