Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LRP8
Description: low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8, apolipoprotein e receptor
Alias: APOER2, HSZ75190, LRP-8, MCI1, ApoE receptor 2, low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Human apolipoprotein E receptor 2. A novel lipoprotein receptor of the low density lipoprotein receptor family predominantly expressed in brainD H Kim
Tohoku University Gene Research Center, Sendai 981, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:8373-80. 1996..characterization of a human cDNA demonstrated a novel lipoprotein receptor designated apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2)...
- Identification of a novel exon in apolipoprotein E receptor 2 leading to alternatively spliced mRNAs found in cells of the vascular wall but not in neuronal tissueI Korschineck
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, University of Vienna, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, Austria
J Biol Chem 276:13192-7. 2001..Four novel mRNA transcripts could be identified as isoforms of the apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoEr2): one form lacking three ligand binding repeats (nucleotides 497-883) but containing a novel ligand binding repeat ..
- Reeler/Disabled-like disruption of neuronal migration in knockout mice lacking the VLDL receptor and ApoE receptor 2M Trommsdorff
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9046, USA
Cell 97:689-701. 1999..cell surface receptors termed very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- Reelin is a ligand for lipoprotein receptorsG D'ARCANGELO
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Neuron 24:471-9. 1999..receptors, preferably the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2). Binding requires calcium, and it is inhibited in the presence of apoE...
- DAB1 and Reelin effects on amyloid precursor protein and ApoE receptor 2 trafficking and processingHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
J Biol Chem 281:35176-85. 2006..We examined the effect of Dab1 on APP and apoEr2 processing in transfected cells and primary neurons...
- The cytoplasmic adaptor protein X11alpha and extracellular matrix protein Reelin regulate ApoE receptor 2 trafficking and cell movementS Sakura Minami
Department of Neurology, Georgetown University, 4000 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
FASEB J 24:58-69. 2010The goal of this study was to determine the effect of X11alpha on ApoE receptor 2 (ApoEr2) trafficking and the functional significance of this interaction on cell movement in MCF 10A epithelial cells...
- Regulation of ApoE receptor proteolysis by ligand bindingHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 137:31-9. 2005Two brain receptors for apolipoprotein E (apoE), the apoE receptor 2 (apoEr2) and the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLr), are important in neuronal migration during development...
- Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 interactions with the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3425-31. 2006..present study, we confirmed through co-immunoprecipitation experiments an interaction between the apoE receptor, ApoEr2, and NMDAR1 through their extracellular domains...
- The proprotein convertase PCSK9 induces the degradation of low density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) and its closest family members VLDLR and ApoER2Steve Poirier
Laboratory of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:2363-72. 2008..These include the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) implicated in neuronal development and lipid metabolism...
- Differential glycosylation regulates processing of lipoprotein receptors by gamma-secretasePetra May
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37386-92. 2003..The apolipoprotein E (apoE) receptor-2 (apoER2), another member of the LDL receptor family with functions in cellular signal transmission, also undergoes ..
- Expression and alternate splicing of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 in brainA E Clatworthy
Alzheimer Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02129, USA
Neuroscience 90:903-11. 1999..Thus, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 is the fourth apolipoprotein E receptor identified on neuronal cells...
- Differential functions of ApoER2 and very low density lipoprotein receptor in Reelin signaling depend on differential sorting of the receptorsSarah Duit
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Vienna Biocenter, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, Dr Bohrgasse 9 2, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 285:4896-908. 2010b>ApoER2 and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor transmit the Reelin signal into target cells of the central nervous system...
- Protein C supports platelet binding and activation under flow: role of glycoprotein Ib and apolipoprotein E receptor 2T C White
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Thromb Haemost 6:995-1002. 2008..Binding of APC to EPCR both modifies and induces PAR-1 signaling, but it is unknown if protein C interacts with cells in an alternative manner...
- Localization of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 to caveolae in the plasma membraneD R Riddell
Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, Royal Free Campus, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 42:998-1002. 2001..functions, but recent experimental evidence has revealed that one such protein, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2), has a critical role as an "outside-in" signal transducer in the brain...
- Binding of purified Reelin to ApoER2 and VLDLR mediates tyrosine phosphorylation of Disabled-1David Benhayon
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 112:33-45. 2003Reelin, Disabled-1 (Dab1), apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2), and very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) participate in a signaling pathway required for layer formation during mammalian brain development...
- Functional dissection of Reelin signaling by site-directed disruption of Disabled-1 adaptor binding to apolipoprotein E receptor 2: distinct roles in development and synaptic plasticityUwe Beffert
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Neurosci 26:2041-52. 2006..Reelin signals by binding to two transmembrane receptors, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2) and very-low-density lipoprotein receptor...
- Lack of association of genetic variants in the LRP8 gene with familial and sporadic myocardial infarctionWolfgang Lieb
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitat zu Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:1163-70. 2008..Recently, an association of the LRP8 R952Q polymorphism (rs5174) with familial premature CAD/MI was reported...
- Platelets express three different splice variants of ApoER2 that are all involved in signalingM T T Pennings
Laboratory of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Department of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology, UMCU Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 5:1538-44. 2007beta2-Glycoprotein I is the most relevant antigen in antiphospholipid syndrome. We have shown that binding of dimerized beta2-GPI to platelets via ApoER2' sensitizes platelets for second activating stimuli.
- Premature myocardial infarction novel susceptibility locus on chromosome 1P34-36 identified by genomewide linkage analysisQing Wang
Center for Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:262-71. 2004..The present study thus identifies a novel genetic-susceptibility locus for MI and provides a framework for the ultimate cloning of a gene for the complex disease MI...
- Reelin and ApoE receptors cooperate to enhance hippocampal synaptic plasticity and learningEdwin J Weeber
Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 277:39944-52. 2002Two apolipoprotein E (apoE) receptors, the very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor and apoE receptor 2 (apoER2), are also receptors for Reelin, a signaling protein that regulates neuronal migration during brain development...
- An LRP8 variant is associated with familial and premature coronary artery disease and myocardial infarctionGong Qing Shen
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, Center for Cardiovascular Genetics, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 81:780-91. 2007..A nonconservative substitution, R952Q, in LRP8 was significantly associated with susceptibility to premature CAD and/or MI by use of both population-based and ..
- Functional role of lipoprotein receptors in Alzheimer's diseaseSebastian Jaeger
Institute of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Molecular Neurodegeneration, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:15-25. 2008..The LDL receptor is the prototype of this family, which also includes the VLDLR, ApoER2/LRP8, LRP1 and LRP1B, as well as Megalin/GP330, SorLA/LR11, LRP5, LRP6 and MEGF7...
- Expression of mRNA of lipoprotein receptor related protein 8, low density lipoprotein receptor, and very low density lipoprotein receptor in bovine ovarian cells during follicular development and corpus luteum formation and regressionNurit Argov
Faculty of Agriculture, PO Box 12, Hebrew University, Rehovot 76 100, Israel
Mol Reprod Dev 68:169-75. 2004..This study also described for the first time, the presence of lipoprotein receptor related protein (LRP8) in granulosa cells from small antral follicles through preovulatory follicles and in theca cells from large and ..
- The mammalian low-density lipoprotein receptor familyM M Hussain
Department of Biochemistry, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 19:141-72. 1999..It is anticipated that increased knowledge about the LDL-R family members will open new avenues for the treatment of many disorders...
- Interaction of beta2-glycoprotein I with members of the low density lipoprotein receptor familyM T T Pennings
Department of Haematology, University Medical Center, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 4:1680-90. 2006..by autoantibodies induces platelet activation, involving the platelet receptor apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (apoER2') a receptor belonging to the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDL-R) family...
- Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 gene association with egg traits in dwarf chickensJ F Yao
National Engineering Laboratory for Animal Breeding and Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Poult Sci 89:883-6. 2010Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8), a member of the low-density lipoprotein receptor gene family with a role in clusterin processing, was investigated as a candidate gene for egg quality-related traits...
- Platelet-derived growth factor mediates tyrosine phosphorylation of the cytoplasmic domain of the low Density lipoprotein receptor-related protein in caveolaePhilippe Boucher
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 277:15507-13. 2002..For instance, the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the apolipoprotein receptor-2 (apoER2) function in a developmental signaling pathway that regulates the lamination of cortical layers in the brain and ..
- Structural, biochemical and signaling properties of the low-density lipoprotein receptor gene familyM M Hussain
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, and Pediatrics, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Front Biosci 6:D417-28. 2001The low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor (LDL-R) family members (LDL-R, LRP, megalin, VLDL-R, apoER2) bind several extra-cellular structurally dissimilar ligands and internalize them for degradation by lysosomes by a process called ..
- Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8) is upregulated in granulosa cells of bovine dominant follicle: molecular characterization and spatio-temporal expression studiesTania Fayad
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 7C6
Biol Reprod 76:466-75. 2007The low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8) is a member of the LDL receptor family that participates in endocytosis and signal transduction...
- Alternative splicing in the ligand binding domain of mouse ApoE receptor-2 produces receptor variants binding reelin but not alpha 2-macroglobulinC Brandes
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics, Biocenter and University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 276:22160-9. 2001LR7/8B and ApoER2 are recently discovered members of the low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor family...
- Lipid transport in the developing bovine follicle: messenger RNA expression increases for selective uptake receptors and decreases for endocytosis receptorsNurit Argov
Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University, Rehovot 76 100, Israel
Biol Reprod 71:479-85. 2004..class B type 1 receptor (SRB1) and the recently described ovarian receptor, lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8)...
- Role of apolipoprotein E receptors in regulating the differential in vivo neurotrophic effects of apolipoprotein EI Veinbergs
Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0624, USA
Exp Neurol 170:15-26. 2001..low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor-related protein (LRP), very low density LDL receptor (VLDL-R), LDL-R, apoE receptor 2 (apoER2), and megalin/gp330...
- FE65 interaction with the ApoE receptor ApoEr2HYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20057 1464, USA
J Biol Chem 281:24521-30. 2006..Our previous data demonstrate that the apoE receptor ApoEr2 co-precipitated with APP and suggest that there are extracellular and intracellular interactions between these two ..
- Convergence of genes implicated in Alzheimer's disease on the cerebral cholesterol shuttle: APP, cholesterol, lipoproteins, and atherosclerosisC J Carter
Neurochem Int 50:12-38. 2007..APOC1, APOC2, APOC3, APOD, APOE and LPA, cholesterol transporters ABCA1, ABCA2, lipoprotein receptors LDLR, LRP1, LRP8 and VLDLR, and the cholesterol metabolising enzymes CYP46A1 and CH25H, whose oxysterol products activate the liver ..
- LDL and cAMP cooperate to regulate the functional expression of the LRP in rat ovarian granulosa cellsSalman Azhar
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Lipid Res 47:2538-50. 2006..in the expression of receptor-associated protein, a chaperone for LRP, or another lipoprotein receptor, LRP8/apoER2, in response to Bt2cAMP plus hLDL, whereas the mRNA expression of LDL receptor was reduced significantly...
- Populations of radial glial cells respond differently to reelin and neuregulin1 in a ferret model of cortical dysplasiaSylvie Poluch
Anatomy, Physiology, and Genetics, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13709. 2010..Repairing the radial glial scaffold is not sufficient to restore neuronal migration; although reelin improves migration of neurons toward the cortical plate signaling through ApoER2/Dab1/PI3K activation, NRG1 does not.
- F-spondin interaction with the apolipoprotein E receptor ApoEr2 affects processing of amyloid precursor proteinHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:9259-68. 2005..Through coimmunoprecipitation experiments, we demonstrated that F-spondin interacts with an apoE receptor (apoE receptor 2 [ApoEr2]) through the thrombospondin domain of F-spondin and the ligand binding domain of ApoEr2...
- The LDL receptor-related protein (LRP) family: an old family of proteins with new physiological functionsPetra May
Universitat Freiburg, Medizinische Klinik II Zentrum für Neurowissenschaften, Freiburg, Germany
Ann Med 39:219-28. 2007..transmembrane proteins (LRP1, LRP1b, megalin/LRP2, LDL receptor, very low-density lipoprotein receptor, MEGF7/LRP4, LRP8/apolipoprotein E receptor2)...
- Olfactory bulb interneurons releasing NO exhibit the Reelin receptor ApoEr2 and part of those targeted by NO express ReelinGudrun Herrmann
Department of Anatomy, University of Bern, CH3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Chem Neuroanat 36:160-9. 2008..now studied the distribution of NO sensitive guanylyl cyclase (NOsGC), Reelin and its receptor Apolipoprotein E2 (ApoEr2) in the olfactory bulb by multiple fluorescence labelling and tested whether nNOS and ApoEr2 colocalize in this ..
- The Reelin receptors Apoer2 and Vldlr coordinate the patterning of Purkinje cell topography in the developing mouse cerebellumMatt Larouche
Genes and Development Research Group and Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e1653. 2008..receptors on Purkinje cells-the Very low density lipoprotein receptor (Vldlr) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2). In mice null for either Reelin or double null for Vldlr and Apoer2, Purkinje cell clusters fail to disperse...
- Platelet activation by dimeric beta2-glycoprotein I requires signaling via both glycoprotein Ibalpha and apolipoprotein E receptor 2'R T Urbanus
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 6:1405-12. 2008..Previous work has shown that binding of dimeric beta(2)-GPI to the platelet receptors apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (ApoER2') and glycoprotein Ibalpha (GPIbalpha) mediates increased platelet activation in an in vitro thrombosis model.
- Factors maintaining normal sperm tail structure during epididymal maturation studied in Gopc-/- miceFumie Suzuki-Toyota
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Biol Reprod 77:71-82. 2007..The epididymal epithelium was normal in structure and LRP8/apoER2 expression suggesting that tail abnormality is due to intrinsic sperm factors...
- Autosomal recessive lissencephaly with cerebellar hypoplasia is associated with human RELN mutationsS E Hong
Division of Neurogenetics, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 26:93-6. 2000..cortical neurons by binding to the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR), the apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2; refs 9-11 ), alpha3beta1 integrin and protocadherins...
- Rescue of the reeler phenotype in the dentate gyrus by wild-type coculture is mediated by lipoprotein receptors for Reelin and Disabled 1Shanting Zhao
Institut fur Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 495:1-9. 2006..induce this rescue effect and whether it is mediated via the Reelin receptors apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR)...
- Liver X receptor beta and thyroid hormone receptor alpha in brain cortical layeringXin Jie Tan
Center for Nuclear Receptors and Cell Signaling, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12305-10. 2010..At E15.5, expression of reelin and VLDLR was similar but expression of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) (the reelin receptor) was much lower in LXRbeta(-/-) than in WT mice...
- Disabled-1 is expressed in type AII amacrine cells in the mouse retinaD S Rice
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Comp Neurol 424:327-38. 2000..Reelin binds to transmembrane receptors, including VLDLR and ApoER2, and stimulates tyrosine phosphorylation of Disabled-1 (Dab1), which associates with an NPxY motif present in the ..
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase IDOL induces the degradation of the low density lipoprotein receptor family members VLDLR and ApoER2Cynthia Hong
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19720-6. 2010..Here we demonstrate that Idol also targets two closely related LDLR family members, VLDLR and ApoE receptor 2 (ApoER2), proteins implicated in both neuronal development and lipid metabolism...
- Selenium requirements are higher for glutathione peroxidase-1 mRNA than gpx1 activity in rat testisSonja C Schriever
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, 1415 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:513-21. 2009..05). qRT-PCR analysis of selenoprotein mRNA expression revealed that 21 of the 24 selenoprotein mRNAs and ApoER2 mRNA (the selenoprotein P [Sepp1] receptor) were also not regulated significantly by dietary Se status...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of Disabled-1 is essential for Reelin-stimulated activation of Akt and Src family kinasesBryan A Ballif
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 117:152-9. 2003..The Reelin signal is transduced into the cell by the lipoprotein receptors VLDLR and ApoER2, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of the associated intracellular adaptor protein Disabled-1 (Dab1)...
- Reelin activates SRC family tyrosine kinases in neuronsHans H Bock
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 75390, Dallas, TX, USA
Curr Biol 13:18-26. 2003..neurons requires binding to the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (apoER2)...
- Essential role of the apolipoprotein E receptor-2 in sperm developmentOlav M Andersen
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine and Medical Faculty of the Free University, D 13125 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:23989-95. 2003The apolipoprotein (apo) E receptor-2 (apoER2) is a member of the low density lipoprotein receptor gene family and an important regulator of neuronal migration...
- NMDA-receptor proteins are upregulated in the hippocampus of postnatal heterozygous reeler miceTomoko Isosaka
KOKORO Biology Group, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Brain Res 1073:11-9. 2006..In the embryonic brain, the binding of Reelin to its receptors ApoER2 and VLDLR induces subcellular events that include the activation Fyn tyrosine kinase, and plays a crucial role in ..
- Abnormal positioning of granule cells alters afferent fiber distribution in the mouse fascia dentata: morphologic evidence from reeler, apolipoprotein E receptor 2-, and very low density lipoprotein receptor knockout miceCarl Gebhardt
Department of Clinical Neuroanatomy, J W Goethe University, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Comp Neurol 445:278-92. 2002..These data provide further evidence for a role of granule cells in the laminar termination of commissural/associational afferents to the fascia dentata...
- Multiplexed, targeted gene expression profiling and genetic analysis on electronic microarraysElaine M Weidenhammer
Department of Research and Development, Nanogen, Inc, 10398 Pacific Center Ct, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Clin Chem 48:1873-82. 2002..We developed a protocol for multiplexed gene expression profiling of mRNA targets that uses electronic field-facilitated hybridization on electronic microarrays...
- Reelin and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 in the embryonic and mature brain: effects of an evolutionary change in the apoER2 geneNicolas B Myant
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, UK
Proc Biol Sci 277:345-51. 2010..An intraneuronal signalling pathway initiated by reelin and containing apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2) is essential for normal cortical layering, and there is strong evidence that detachment of a migrating neuron is ..
- Apolipoprotein receptor 2 and X11 alpha/beta mediate apolipoprotein E-induced endocytosis of amyloid-beta precursor protein and beta-secretase, leading to amyloid-beta productionXiangyuan He
Protein Studies Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
J Neurosci 27:4052-60. 2007..here evidence that the binding of lipid-carrying apolipoprotein E (ApoE) to receptor apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) triggers the endocytosis of APP, beta-secretase, and ApoER2 in neuroblastoma cells, leading to the production of ..
- Expression of reelin, its receptors and its intracellular signaling protein, Disabled1 in the canary brain: relationships with the song control systemJ Balthazart
Center for Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, Behavioral Neuroendocrinology Research Group, University of Liege, Avenue de l Hopital 1 B36, Liege Sart Tilman, Belgium
Neuroscience 153:944-62. 2008..a broad distribution of the reelin protein, its mRNA and the mRNAs encoding for the reelin receptors (VLDLR and ApoER2) as well as for its intracellular signaling protein, Disabled1...
- Crystal structure of the human Fe65-PTB1 domainJens Radzimanowski
Heidelberg University Biochemistry Center, INF328, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:23113-20. 2008..interact with a variety of proteins, including the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP-1), the ApoEr2 receptor, and the histone acetyltransferase Tip60...
- Control of a kinesin-cargo linkage mechanism by JNK pathway kinasesDai Horiuchi
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Curr Biol 17:1313-7. 2007..between kinesin-1 and certain vesicle membrane proteins, such as Alzheimer's APP protein and a reelin receptor ApoER2 [3, 4]. JIPs are also known to be scaffolding proteins for JNK pathway kinases [5, 6]...
- Reelin binds alpha3beta1 integrin and inhibits neuronal migrationL Dulabon
Department of Biology and Neuroscience, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Neuron 27:33-44. 2000Mice that are mutant for Reelin or Dab1, or doubly mutant for the VLDL receptor (VLDLR) and ApoE receptor 2 (ApoER2), show disorders of cerebral cortical lamination...
- Cargo of kinesin identified as JIP scaffolding proteins and associated signaling moleculesK J Verhey
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 152:959-70. 2001..with cytoplasmic (dual leucine zipper-bearing kinase) and transmembrane signaling molecules (the Reelin receptor, ApoER2)...
- The FE65 proteins and Alzheimer's diseaseDeclan M McLoughlin
Section of Old Age Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, MRC Centre for Neurodegeneration Research, London, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Res 86:744-54. 2008..with two cell surface lipoproteins receptors, the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP) and ApoEr2, forming trimeric complexes with APP...
- Reelin signaling is necessary for a specific step in the migration of hindbrain efferent neuronsMireille Rossel
EPHE Quantitative Cell Biology, INSERM EMI 343, IFR 122, University Montpellier 2, 34090 Montpellier, France
Development 132:1175-85. 2005..However, examination of mice lacking both reelin receptors, ApoER2 and VLDLR, did not reveal the same phenotype, suggesting involvement of an additional reelin-binding receptor...
- Reelin, integrin and DAB1 interactions during embryonic cerebral cortical developmentRalf S Schmid
UNC Neuroscience Center and the Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cereb Cortex 15:1632-6. 2005..of reelin, a site distinct from the region of reelin shown to associate with other reelin receptors such as VLDLR/ApoER2. Furthermore, Dab1, a member of the reelin signaling pathway, can complex with the cytoplasmic region of beta1 ..
- PCSK9 binds to multiple receptors and can be functionally inhibited by an EGF-A peptideLiXin Shan
Department of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease Research, Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, K 15 1 1945, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 375:69-73. 2008..In addition to LDLR, we show that PCSK9 also binds directly to ApoER2 and mouse VLDLR...
- Selenoprotein P-expression, functions, and roles in mammalsRaymond F Burk
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, 1030C Medical Research Building IV, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0252, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1790:1441-7. 2009..Hepatic synthesis of Sepp1 affects whole-body selenium content and the liver is the source of most plasma Sepp1. ApoER2, a member of the lipoprotein receptor family, binds Sepp1 and facilitates its uptake into the testis and retention ..
- Apolipoprotein E controls ATP-binding cassette transporters in the ischemic brainAyman ElAli
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Sci Signal 3:ra72. 2010..ApoE signaled through ApoE receptor-2 (ApoER2), which was constitutively expressed on brain microvessels, to decrease c-Jun amino-terminal kinase 1 and 2 and c-..
- Modified low-density lipoproteins and high-density lipoproteins. From investigation tools to real in vivo playersElisabeth Koller
Department of Physiology, Center of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 35:322-45. 2006..LDL and some subfractions of high-density lipoproteins (HDL) remains disputed, apoE-containing HDL(2) binds to LRP8. The nature of these interactions as well as the distinction between candidate receptor proteins was elucidated ..
- Deficiency of LRP8 in mice is associated with altered platelet function and prolonged time for in vivo thrombosisJason O Robertson
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Thromb Res 123:644-52. 2009Our group has previously reported genetic studies associating polymorphisms in the low density lipoprotein receptor related protein 8 (LRP8) gene with myocardial infarction...
- Differential functions of the Apoer2 intracellular domain in selenium uptake and cell signalingIrene Masiulis
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Biol Chem 390:67-73. 2009Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (Apoer2) is a multifunctional transport and signaling receptor that regulates the uptake of selenium into the mouse brain and testis through endocytosis of selenoprotein P (Sepp1)...
- Splicing variations in the ligand-binding domain of ApoER2 results in functional differences in the binding properties to ReelinTerumasa Hibi
Department of Biomedical Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8603, Japan
Neurosci Res 63:251-8. 2009Reelin plays critical roles in brain formation by binding to apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and very low-density lipoprotein receptor...
- Platelet adhesion to dimeric beta-glycoprotein I under conditions of flow is mediated by at least two receptors: glycoprotein Ibalpha and apolipoprotein E receptor 2'M T T Pennings
Laboratory of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 5:369-77. 2007..Dimerized beta2GPI binds to apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (apoER2') on platelets and increases platelet adhesion to collagen under conditions of flow.
- Association analysis of LRP8 SNP rs3820198 and rs5174 with Parkinson's disease in Han Chinese populationKe Chen
Department of Neurology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Neurol Res 34:725-9. 2012The single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs5174 of the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8) gene has been linked to decreased risk for Parkinson's disease (PD) on Caucasian populations...
- The role of lipoprotein receptors on the physiological function of APPTimo Wagner
Institute of Pathobiochemistry, Molecular Neurodegeneration, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Exp Brain Res 217:377-87. 2012....
- Up-regulation of ATP binding cassette transporter A1 expression by very low density lipoprotein receptor and apolipoprotein E receptor 2Xinping Chen
Department of Physiology, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 37208, USA
J Biol Chem 287:3751-9. 2012Activation of very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (apoER2) results in either pro- or anti-atherogenic effects depending on the ligand...
- ApoER2 and VLDLR in the developing human telencephalonLin Cheng
Department of Histology and Embryology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, Heilongjiang Province, China
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 15:361-7. 2011..Apolipoprotein E receptor type-2 (ApoER2) and very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) are canonical receptors of Reelin, through which extracellular ..
- Reelin acts as a stop signal for radially migrating neurons by inducing phosphorylation of n-cofilin at the leading edgeXuejun Chai
Institut für Anatomie und Zellbiologie Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg Freiburg, Germany
Commun Integr Biol 2:375-7. 2009..Two lipoprotein receptors for Reelin have been identified, apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR)...
- Identification of coagulation factor XI as a ligand for platelet apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)Tara C White-Adams
Division of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, 3303 SW Bond Ave, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1602-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanisms governing interactions between FXI and platelets...
- PCSK9 impedes hepatitis C virus infection in vitro and modulates liver CD81 expressionPatrick Labonte
Institut Armand Frappier, Institut National de Recherche Scientifique, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Hepatology 50:17-24. 2009..the degradation of membrane-bound receptors such as the hepatocyte low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR), ApoER2, and very low-density lipoprotein receptor...
- Exogenous reelin prevents granule cell dispersion in experimental epilepsyMartin C Muller
Experimental Epilepsy Group, Neurocenter, University of Freiburg, Breisacher Strasse 64, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Exp Neurol 216:390-7. 2009..Our findings highlight the crucial role of reelin for the maintenance of granule cell lamination in the dentate gyrus of adult mice and show that a reelin deficiency is causally involved in GCD development...
- Reelin modulates cytoskeletal organization by regulating Rho GTPasesJost Leemhuis
Department of Pharmacology Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Germany
Commun Integr Biol 4:254-7. 2011..Reelin is secreted by Cajal-Retzius pioneer neurons and bound by the apolipoprotein E receptor family members Apoer2 and Vldl receptor on responsive neurons and radial glia...
- Apolipoprotein E and Reelin ligands modulate tau phosphorylation through an apolipoprotein E receptor/disabled-1/glycogen synthase kinase-3beta cascadeNobutaka Ohkubo
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
FASEB J 17:295-7. 2003..Mice lacking Reelin (Reln), double-knockouts lacking the VLDL receptor (VLDLR) and ApoE receptor2 (ApoER2), and mice lacking disabled-1 (Dab1) display increased levels of phosphorylated tau...
- Transcriptional profiles of receptors and transporters involved in brain cholesterol homeostasis at the blood-brain barrier: use of an in vitro modelFabien Gosselet
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie de la Barrière Hémato encéphalique, Université d Artois, EA 2465, IMPRT IFR 114, Faculte Jean Perrin, rue Jean Souvraz, SP 18 62307 Lens, France
Brain Res 1249:34-42. 2009..2, 3, 7 and ABCG1) and low density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR)-related receptors (LDLR, vLDLR, LRP1, LRP2 and LRP8) in BBB endothelium using an in vitro co-culture model of bovine brain capillary endothelial cells (BCECs) and rat ..
- Cortical development in the presenilin-1 null mutant mouse fails after splitting of the preplate and is not due to a failure of reelin-dependent signalingRita De Gasperi
Research and Development James J Peters Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10468, USA
Dev Dyn 237:2405-14. 2008..Psen1 is known to modulate PI3K/Akt signaling and both known reelin receptors (apoER2 and VLDLR) are substrates for Psen1 associated gamma-secretase activity...
- Reelin signaling antagonizes beta-amyloid at the synapseMurat S Durakoglugil
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15938-43. 2009..neuromodulator that increases glutamatergic neurotransmission by signaling through the postsynaptic ApoE receptors Apoer2 and Vldlr and thereby potently enhances synaptic plasticity...
- From cholesterol transport to signal transduction: low density lipoprotein receptor, very low density lipoprotein receptor, and apolipoprotein E receptor-2J Nimpf
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics, University and Biocenter Vienna, Dr Bohr Gasse 9 2, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1529:287-98. 2000..These findings suggest that to date, only the tip of an iceberg has been uncovered...
- Rat small intestine expresses the reelin-Disabled-1 signalling pathwayP García-Miranda
Departamento de Fisiologia y Zoologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Exp Physiol 95:498-507. 2010Expression of reelin, reelin receptors [apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and very low density lipoprotein receptor (VldlR)] and the Disabled-1 (Dab1) protein was investigated in rat intestinal mucosa...
- Ephrin Bs are essential components of the Reelin pathway to regulate neuronal migrationAycan Sentürk
Frankfurt Institute for Molecular Life Sciences and Institute of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Goethe University Frankfurt, Max von Laue Str 9, D 60438, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Nature 472:356-60. 2011..to two lipoprotein receptors, the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2, also known as LRP8)...
- Investigation of LRP8 gene in 1p31 QTL linked to LDL peak particle diameter in the Quebec family studyG Dolley
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Laval University, Quebec City, Canada
Mol Genet Metab 102:448-52. 2011..This region contains the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 8 (LRP8) gene...
- Regulation of cortical neuron migration by the Reelin signaling pathwayTakao Honda
Department of Anatomy, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Neurochem Res 36:1270-9. 2011..Here, we review recent advances in the understanding of the Reelin-Dab1 signaling pathway in the developing cerebral cortex...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies promote leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion and thrombosis in mice by antagonizing eNOS via β2GPI and apoER2Sangeetha Ramesh
Division of Pulmonary and Vascular Biology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Clin Invest 121:120-31. 2011..member antagonism with receptor-associated protein (RAP) prevented aPL inhibition of eNOS in cell culture, and ApoER2-/- mice were protected from aPL inhibition of eNOS in vivo...
- Reelin signals through apolipoprotein E receptor 2 and Cdc42 to increase growth cone motility and filopodia formationJost Leemhuis
Center for Neuroscience, Albert Ludwigs University, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:14759-72. 2010..Our data link the observation that defects in Rho GTPases and Reelin signaling are responsible for developmental defects leading to neurological and psychiatric disorders...
- PACAP up-regulates the expression of apolipoprotein D in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. DRG/3T3-L1 co-cultures studyJoanna Kosacka
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Neurosci Res 69:8-16. 2011..Scanning cytometry revealed PACAP/ApoD induced low density lipoprotein receptors (LDLR) and ApoE receptor 2 (apoER2) in NF200-positive cells...
- Emerging topics in Reelin functionEckart Forster
Institut für Anatomie I Zelluläre Neurobiologie, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 31:1511-8. 2010..In the present review, we first address distinct functions of the Reelin receptors Apoer2 and Vldlr in cortical layer formation, followed by a discussion on the recently identified downstream effector ..
- Direct binding of Reelin to VLDL receptor and ApoE receptor 2 induces tyrosine phosphorylation of disabled-1 and modulates tau phosphorylationT Hiesberger
Department of Molecular Genetics, UT Southwestern Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Neuron 24:481-9. 1999..involves two neuronal cell surface proteins, the very low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the apoE receptor 2 (ApoER2) as well as a cytosolic adaptor protein, Disabled-1 (Dab1)...
- Ceruloplasmin-induced aggregation of P19 neurons involves a serine protease activity and is accompanied by reelin cleavageP Ducharme
Département de Chimie et de biochimie and Centre Biomed, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuroscience 167:633-43. 2010..300K and 180K fragments, acts through binding to the lipoprotein receptors apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) and very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR)...
- Downregulation of platelet responsiveness upon contact with LDL by the protein-tyrosine phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2Suzanne J A Korporaal
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:372-9. 2009..to aggregating agents increases when low-density lipoprotein (LDL) binds to apolipoprotein E receptor 2' (apoER2'), triggering activation of p38MAPK and formation of thromboxane A2...
- Reelin promotes hippocampal dendrite development through the VLDLR/ApoER2-Dab1 pathwaySanyong Niu
The Cain Foundation Laboratories, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuron 41:71-84. 2004..is a secreted glycoprotein that regulates neuronal positioning in cortical brain structures through the VLDLR and ApoER2 receptors and the adaptor protein Dab1...
- Signaling through Disabled 1 requires phosphoinositide bindingYongcheng Huang
Division of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 500 W 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:1460-8. 2005..that is tyrosine phosphorylated when Reelin, a secreted glycoprotein, binds to the lipoprotein receptors VLDLR and ApoER2 on the surface of neurons...
- Molecular, anatomical, and biochemical events associated with neurodegeneration in mice with Niemann-Pick type C diseaseHao Li
Department of Internal Medicine University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8887, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 64:323-33. 2005..The level for apoER2 is significantly reduced...
- Megalin mediates selenoprotein P uptake by kidney proximal tubule epithelial cellsGary E Olson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 283:6854-60. 2008..We recently demonstrated that apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (ApoER2) is required for Sepp1 uptake by the testis and that deletion of ApoER2 reduces testis and brain, but not kidney, ..
- METABOLISM OF THE VLDL RECEPTOR AND APOE RECEPTOR 2Joachim Herz; Fiscal Year: 2007..period we showed that the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the Apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (ApoER2) function not only as transporters for cholesterol and other lipids, but also as developmentally essential ..
- Functions of Lipoprotein Receptors in Alzheimer DiseaseG Rebeck; Fiscal Year: 2005..also expand our studies to look at other members of the LDL receptor family, including the VLDL receptor and apoE receptor 2. In addition, we will address newly identified functions of these receptors as signal transduction molecules...
- METABOLISM OF THE VLDL RECEPTOR AND APOE RECEPTOR 2Joachim Herz; Fiscal Year: 2009..period we showed that the very-low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and the Apolipoprotein E receptor-2 (ApoER2) function not only as transporters for cholesterol and other lipids, but also as developmentally essential ..
- Role of Dab2IP in Brain DevelopmentRamin Homayouni; Fiscal Year: 2007..reelin, disabled-1 (Dab1), or both very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) genes exhibit nearly identical histopathological abnormalities...
- Role of Dab2IP in Brain DevelopmentRamin Homayouni; Fiscal Year: 2009..reelin, disabled-1 (Dab1), or both very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2) genes exhibit nearly identical histopathological abnormalities...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and lupus: new molecular targets for treatmentSilvia S Pierangeli; Fiscal Year: 2010..receptor 4 (TLR-4), a receptor for bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2'(apoER2') may bind 22GPI and trigger intracellular signaling in target cells...
- Physiology and Molecular Biology of Factor XIDavid Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary work indicates fXI also binds to a receptor for apolipoprotein E (ApoER2) on platelets...
- Physiology and Molecular Biology of Factor XIDavid Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary work indicates fXI also binds to a receptor for apolipoprotein E (ApoER2) on platelets...
- Characterization of coagulation factor-platelet interactions: role of FXIOwen J McCarty; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have identified FXI as a ligand for the platelet apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- APO E Receptors and Modulation of Fast Axonal TransportJoachim Herz; Fiscal Year: 2006..binds to the extracellular domains of two members of this gene family, termed VLDL receptor (VLDLR) and ApoE receptor 2 (ApoER2)...
- Apolipoprotein E: Impact on Vascular Cell FunctionsDavid Hui; Fiscal Year: 2006..test the hypothesis that apoE interaction with LRP-1, heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPG), and apoE receptor-2 (apoER2) on smooth muscle cells inhibits migration, proliferation, and excessive matrix deposition, respectively, and ..
- ApOE effects on neuron signaling and function via ApoER2G William Rebeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, we are focusing on one of the most interesting synaptic apoE receptors, ApoER2, and its mechanism of function as a synaptic signaling molecule...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF PROTEIN CJohn H Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2011..pathway for APC, namely a "reelin-like" signaling pathway involving ligation of apolipoprotein E Receptor 2 (apoER2) that initiates signaling via the intracellular adaptor protein, disabled-1 (Dab1), and Src-family kinases (Src ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF PROTEIN CJohn H Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2010..pathway for APC, namely a "reelin-like" signaling pathway involving ligation of apolipoprotein E Receptor 2 (apoER2) that initiates signaling via the intracellular adaptor protein, disabled-1 (Dab1), and Src-family kinases (Src ..
- Function of Reelin in cortical developmentGABRIELLA D ARCANGELO; Fiscal Year: 2007..by two cell surface receptors, the very low-density lipoprotein receptor (VLDLR) and apolipoprotein E receptor 2 (ApoER2), and by the intracellular adapter protein Disabled1 (Dab1)...
- Mechanisms of Reelin Signaling in the Adult HippocampusEdwin Weeber; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two of these ApoE receptors, the VLDL receptor and the ApoER2, are also receptors for Reelin, a signaling protein that regulates neuronal migration during brain development...
- Role of the JIP-1-p190RhoGEF Complex In Neuron FunctionWILLIAM ARTHUR; Fiscal Year: 2004..This adaptor interacts with members of the low-density lipoprotein receptor family. Of these receptors, ApoER2 performs a crucial role in brain development as a receptor for Reelin, a protein that is secreted in specific ..
- The Role of Dab2 in EGFR EndocytosisAnjali Teckchandani; Fiscal Year: 2006..that binds to a number of endocytic proteins, is known to be involved in endocytosis of Megalin, Cubilin and ApoER2 receptors...
- NUTRITIONAL AND METABOLIC SIGNIFICANCE OF SELENIUMRaymond Burk; Fiscal Year: 2003..These and other studies are proposed to evaluate the role of Se-P in protecting endothelial cells (and other cells) against oxidant substances in the extracellular space. ..
- HUMAN SELENIUM NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENT AND BIOMARKERSRaymond Burk; Fiscal Year: 2005..They should also provide tools for investigators who need to evaluate subjects for selenium deficiency and for intake of pharmacologic amounts of selenium. ..