Genomes and Genes
lipopolysaccharide binding protein
Gene Symbol: lipopolysaccharide binding protein
Description: lipopolysaccharide binding protein
Alias: BPIFD2, lipopolysaccharide-binding protein, BPI fold containing family D, member 2, LPS-binding protein
Products: lipopolysaccharide binding protein
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Sun L, Yu Z, Ye X, Zou S, Li H, Yu D, et al. A marker of endotoxemia is associated with obesity and related metabolic disorders in apparently healthy Chinese. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:1925-32 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested a role of lipopolysaccharide via initiation of innate immune mechanism(s) in metabolic disorders. Prospective studies are needed to confirm these results. ..
- Gonzalez Quintela A, Alonso M, Campos J, Vizcaino L, Loidi L, Gude F. Determinants of serum concentrations of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP) in the adult population: the role of obesity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54600 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with microbial exposure playing a role in these inflammatory, metabolic abnormalities. ..
- Dentener M, von Asmuth E, Francot G, Marra M, Buurman W. Antagonistic effects of lipopolysaccharide binding protein and bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein on lipopolysaccharide-induced cytokine release by mononuclear phagocytes. Competition for binding to lipopolysaccharide. J Immunol. 1993;151:4258-65 pubmedSerum proteins play an important role in LPS-induced cell activation. The LPS binding protein (LBP) enhances cellular responses to LPS, whereas the polymorphonuclear leukocyte product bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI) ..
- Hubacek J, Stuber F, Frohlich D, Book M, Wetegrove S, Ritter M, et al. Gene variants of the bactericidal/permeability increasing protein and lipopolysaccharide binding protein in sepsis patients: gender-specific genetic predisposition to sepsis. Crit Care Med. 2001;29:557-61 pubmed..BPI) (Lys216 --> Glu; PstI polymorphism in intron 5; silent mutation G545 --> C) and the lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) (Cys98 --> Gly; Pro436 --> Leu) are associated with the incidence and lethality of ..
- Zweigner J, Gramm H, Singer O, Wegscheider K, Schumann R. High concentrations of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein in serum of patients with severe sepsis or septic shock inhibit the lipopolysaccharide response in human monocytes. Blood. 2001;98:3800-8 pubmed..In summary, the inhibition of LPS effects by high concentrations of LBP in acute-phase serum, as described here, may represent a novel defense mechanism of the host in severe sepsis and during bacterial infections. ..
- Schröder N, Morath S, Alexander C, Hamann L, Hartung T, Zahringer U, et al. Lipoteichoic acid (LTA) of Streptococcus pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus activates immune cells via Toll-like receptor (TLR)-2, lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP), and CD14, whereas TLR-4 and MD-2 are not involved. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15587-94 pubmed..However, the involvement of TLR-4 and MD-2 in this process was ruled out. ..
- Delanghe J, Speeckaert M. Translational research and biomarkers in neonatal sepsis. Clin Chim Acta. 2015;451:46-64 pubmed publisher..accuracy of other acute phase proteins has been demonstrated (serum amyloid A, procalcitonin, lipopolysaccharide binding protein, mannose binding lectin and hepcidin)...
- Dong G, Liu S, Wu Y, Lei C, Zhou J, Zhang S. Diet-induced bacterial immunogens in the gastrointestinal tract of dairy cows: impacts on immunity and metabolism. Acta Vet Scand. 2011;53:48 pubmed publisher..concentrations of neutrophils and the acute phase proteins such as serum amyloid-A (SAA), haptoglobin (Hp), LPS binding protein (LBP), and C-reactive protein (CRP) in blood...
- Zhao C, Liu G, Li X, Guan Y, Wang Y, Yuan X, et al. Inflammatory mechanism of Rumenitis in dairy cows with subacute ruminal acidosis. BMC Vet Res. 2018;14:135 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the blood concentrations of LPS and acute phase proteins haptoglobin, serum amyloid-A, and LPS binding protein were significantly higher in SARA cows than in control cows...
- Schwabl P, Hambruch E, Seeland B, Hayden H, Wagner M, Garnys L, et al. The FXR agonist PX20606 ameliorates portal hypertension by targeting vascular remodelling and sinusoidal dysfunction. J Hepatol. 2017;66:724-733 pubmed publisher..001) rats. In PPVL animals, we observed less bacterial translocation (-36%; p=0.041), a decrease in lipopolysaccharide binding protein (-30%; p=0.024) and splanchnic tumour necrosis factor Î± levels (-39%; p=0.044) after PX treatment...
- Khafipour E, Krause D, Plaizier J. Alfalfa pellet-induced subacute ruminal acidosis in dairy cows increases bacterial endotoxin in the rumen without causing inflammation. J Dairy Sci. 2009;92:1712-24 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that SARA induced by alfalfa pellets increased LPS in the rumen without causing translocation of LPS and an immune response. ..
- Heller M, Johns J. Acute phase proteins in healthy goats: establishment of reference intervals. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2015;27:177-81 pubmed publisher..Haptoglobin, serum amyloid A, lipopolysaccharide binding protein, and alpha-1 acid glycoprotein were measured in in 54 clinically normal adult goats...
- Staubli S, Oertli D, Nebiker C. Laboratory markers predicting severity of acute pancreatitis. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2015;52:273-83 pubmed publisher..Despite these difficulties, research is still very active in finding new markers to predict the severity of AP. ..
- Sun Y, Li L, Wu J, Yu P, Li C, Tang J, et al. Bovine recombinant lipopolysaccharide binding protein (BRLBP) regulated apoptosis and inflammation response in lipopolysaccharide-challenged bovine mammary epithelial cells (BMEC). Mol Immunol. 2015;65:205-14 pubmed publisher..This promoted apoptosis. Various concentrations (10 and 20 Î¼g/mL) of bovine recombinant lipopolysaccharide binding protein (BRLBP) could weaken the inflammation injury of BMEC induced by LPS without cytotoxicity...
- Paiva P, Lockhart M, Girling J, Olshansky M, Woodrow N, Marino J, et al. Identification of genes differentially expressed in menstrual breakdown and repair. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:898-912 pubmed..We identified several genes not previously associated with menstruation including lipopolysaccharide binding protein, serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade B (ovalbumin), member 3 (SERPINB3) and -4 (SERPINB4), interleukin-..
- Brogaard L, Klitgaard K, Heegaard P, Hansen M, Jensen T, Skovgaard K. Concurrent host-pathogen gene expression in the lungs of pigs challenged with Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:417 pubmed publisher..This is the first study investigating the concurrent transcriptional response of both bacteria and host at the site of infection during porcine respiratory infection. ..
- Aldag J, Persson T, Hartmann R. 2'-Fluoro-Pyrimidine-Modified RNA Aptamers Specific for Lipopolysaccharide Binding Protein (LBP). Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The best binder (aptamer A011; Kd of 270 nM for binding to mLBP), characterized in more detail by structure probing and boundary analysis, was demonstrated to bind with high specificity to murine LBP. ..
- Kvidera S, Horst E, Sanz Fernandez M, Abuajamieh M, Ganesan S, Gorden P, et al. Characterizing effects of feed restriction and glucagon-like peptide 2 administration on biomarkers of inflammation and intestinal morphology. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:9402-9417 pubmed publisher..Circulating endotoxin, lipopolysaccharide binding protein, haptoglobin, serum amyloid A, and lymphocytes increased or tended to increase linearly with ..
- Dalby M, Aviello G, Ross A, Walker A, Barrett P, Morgan P. Diet induced obesity is independent of metabolic endotoxemia and TLR4 signalling, but markedly increases hypothalamic expression of the acute phase protein, SerpinA3N. Sci Rep. 2018;8:15648 pubmed publisher..In this study we show that mice fed HFD over 8 weeks become obese and show elevated plasma LPS binding protein, yet body weight gain and adiposity is not attenuated in mice lacking Tlr4 or its co-receptor Cd14...
- Rahman M, Lecchi C, Sauerwein H, Mielenz M, HÃ¤uÃŸler S, Restelli L, et al. Expression of Î±1-acid glycoprotein and lipopolysaccharide binding protein in visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue of dairy cattle. Vet J. 2015;203:223-7 pubmed publisher..In the present study, expression of two APPs in dairy cattle, lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) and Î±1-acid glycoprotein (AGP), was determined in four visceral (pericardial, mesenteric, ..
- Qin N, Kokkonen T, Salin S, Seppanen Laakso T, Taponen J, Vanhatalo A, et al. Prepartal high-energy feeding with grass silage-based diets does not disturb the hepatic adaptation of dairy cows during the periparturient period. J Dairy Sci. 2018;101:8929-8943 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, prepartal high-energy feeding promoted lipogenesis and suppressed inflammatory and acute phase responses in the liver before parturition, whereas only minor effects were observed after parturition. ..
- De Nardi R, Marchesini G, Plaizier J, Li S, Khafipour E, Ricci R, et al. Use of dicarboxylic acids and polyphenols to attenuate reticular pH drop and acute phase response in dairy heifers fed a high grain diet. BMC Vet Res. 2014;10:277 pubmed publisher..Data suggest that both additives could be useful in attenuating the effects of excessive grain feeding on rumen pH, but the PM supplement was more effective than FM in reducing the inflammatory response compared to CT. ..
- Garcia C, Gómez Cañas M, Burgaz S, Palomares B, Gómez Gálvez Y, Palomo Garo C, et al. Benefits of VCE-003.2, a cannabigerol quinone derivative, against inflammation-driven neuronal deterioration in experimental Parkinson's disease: possible involvement of different binding sites at the PPARγ receptor. J Neuroinflammation. 2018;15:19 pubmed publisher..2 targets PPARγ by acting through two binding sites at the LBP, one that is sensitive to T0070907 (canonical binding site) and other that is not affected by this PPARγ antagonist (alternative binding site). ..
- Chand S, Singh R, Pendharkar S, Bharmal S, Petrov M. Interplay between innate immunity and iron metabolism after acute pancreatitis. Cytokine. 2018;103:90-98 pubmed publisher..Fasting blood samples were collected to analyse lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP), interleukin (IL)-6, tumor necrosis factor-α, hepcidin, ferritin, soluble transferrin ..
- Zhou H, Hu J, Zhu Q, Yang S, Zhang Y, Gao R, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein cannot independently predict type 2 diabetes mellitus: A nested case-control study. J Diabetes. 2016;8:214-9 pubmed publisher..After matching for gender, age, and BMI, LBP does not improve prediction of the development of T2DM independently. ..
- Cagnie B, Dhooge F, Schumacher C, De Meulemeester K, Petrovic M, Van Oosterwijck J, et al. Fiber Typing of the Erector Spinae and Multifidus Muscles in Healthy Controls and Back Pain Patients: A Systematic Literature Review. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2015;38:653-63 pubmed publisher..The most plausible evidence exists for differentiation in proportional fiber type area depending on sex. ..
- Chandran A, Vishveshwara S. Exploration of the conformational landscape in pregnane X receptor reveals a new binding pocket. Protein Sci. 2016;25:1989-2005 pubmed publisher..The molecular details provided here could guide new structural studies to understand PXR activation and antagonism. ..
- Goubert D, Oosterwijck J, Meeus M, Danneels L. Structural Changes of Lumbar Muscles in Non-specific Low Back Pain: A Systematic Review. Pain Physician. 2016;19:E985-E1000 pubmed..No abnormalities in fiber type in the paraspinal muscles were found in CLBP. Low back pain, non-specific, chronic, recurrent, acute, muscle structure, fat infiltration, cross-sectional area, fiber type, review. ..
- Xing X, Liu F, Xiao J, So K. Neuro-protective Mechanisms of Lycium barbarum. Neuromolecular Med. 2016;18:253-63 pubmed publisher..In general, LBP is a promising neuronal protector with potent ameliorative effects on key pathological events, such as oxidative stress, inflammation, apoptosis and cell death with minimal side effects. ..
- Klang E, Lidar M, Lidar Z, Aharoni D, Eshed I. Prevalence and awareness of sacroiliac joint alterations on lumbar spine CT in low back pain patients younger than 40 years. Acta Radiol. 2017;58:449-455 pubmed publisher..Conclusion Sacroiliitis and other SIJ alterations are prevalent in young individuals with LBP, albeit, the majority of these alterations are not recognized nor reported by senior radiologists thus may delay efficacious treatment. ..
- Zhang L, Li Q, Zheng G, Chen Y, Huang M, Zhang L, et al. Protective effect of Lycium barbarum polysaccharides against cadmium-induced testicular toxicity in male mice. Food Funct. 2017;8:2322-2330 pubmed publisher..Thus, LBPs attenuated Cd-induced testicular injury by improving the activity of antioxidant enzymatic activity and lowering the oxidative stress, so it could be a potential auxiliary therapeutic agent for Cd-induced testicular toxicity. ..
- Nilsson M, Lagerstrand K, Kasperska I, Brisby H, Hebelka H. Axial loading during MRI influences T2-mapping values of lumbar discs: a feasibility study on patients with low back pain. Eur Spine J. 2016;25:2856-63 pubmed publisher..alMRI instantaneously induces T2-value changes in lumbar discs and is, thus, a feasible method to reveal dynamic, biochemical disc features in patients with chronic LBP. ..
- Panken G, Hoekstra T, Verhagen A, van Tulder M, Twisk J, Heymans M. Predicting chronic low-back pain based on pain trajectories in patients in an occupational setting: an exploratory analysis. Scand J Work Environ Health. 2016;42:520-527 pubmed publisher..75 and explained variance of 0.26. In an occupational setting, different subpopulations of chronic LBP patients could be identified using LCGA. The prediction model based on these subpopulations showed a promising predictive performance. ..
- Zhou X, Cipriano P, Kim B, Dhatt H, Rosenberg J, Mittra E, et al. Detection of nociceptive-related metabolic activity in the spinal cord of low back pain patients using 18F-FDG PET/CT. Scand J Pain. 2017;15:53-57 pubmed publisher..As such, it could potentially aid in the treatment of LBP by localizing physiologically active spinal cord regions and guiding minimally invasive delivery of analgesics or stimulators to relevant levels of the spinal cord. ..
- Chang M. Sacral root injury during trans-sacral epiduroscopic laser decompression: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8326 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about the possible complications following SELD...
- Abdel Shaheed C, McFarlane B, Maher C, Williams K, Bergin J, Matthews A, et al. Investigating the Primary Care Management of Low Back Pain: AÂ Simulated Patient Study. J Pain. 2016;17:27-35 pubmed publisher..Problems included inadequate self-care advice and failing to appropriately recommend imaging or prompt medical review when indicated. These results can inform implementation strategies to improve primary care management of LBP. ..
- Carlesso L, Hawker G, Waugh E, Davis A. Disease-specific pain and function predict future pain impact in hip and knee osteoarthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:2999-3005 pubmed..However, scores for the psychosocial factors are indicative of a healthy cohort and therefore results may not be generalizable to those with poorer psychosocial health. ..
- Torbe A, Sokołowska M, Kwiatkowski S, Rzepka R, Torbé B, Czajka R. Maternal plasma lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) concentrations in pregnancy complicated by preterm premature rupture of membranes. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011;156:153-7 pubmed publisher..LBP measurements performed shortly after pPROM, are not of value either in the prediction of newborn's infection, or in the prognosis of latency period duration. ..
- Schaafsma F, Anema J, van der Beek A. Back pain: Prevention and management in the workplace. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2015;29:483-94 pubmed publisher..More research on how to overcome barriers in the uptake of these effective interventions in relation to policy-specific environments, and with regard to proper financing of RTW management is necessary. ..
- Hooper T, James C, Brismee J, Rogers T, Gilbert K, Browne K, et al. Dynamic balance as measured by the Y-Balance Test is reduced in individuals with low back pain: A cross-sectional comparative study. Phys Ther Sport. 2016;22:29-34 pubmed publisher..4 ± 3.1 cm). No significant correlations were identified. YBT performance is reduced in individuals with cLBP and hxLBP in the PL and PM directions but not ANT. The YBT is useful for measuring balance deficits in these populations. ..
- Fortin M, Omidyeganeh M, Battié M, Ahmad O, Rivaz H. Evaluation of an automated thresholding algorithm for the quantification of paraspinal muscle composition from MRI images. Biomed Eng Online. 2017;16:61 pubmed publisher..97-0.99 for the automated algorithm. The proposed automated thresholding algorithm to assess paraspinal muscle size and composition measurements was highly reliable, with excellent agreement with the reference manual thresholding method. ..
- Su B, Huang H, Lin T, Hsiao C, Chen J. Epinecidin-1 protects mice from LPS-induced endotoxemia and cecal ligation and puncture-induced polymicrobial sepsis. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2017;1863:3028-3037 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Epi disrupted the interaction between LPS and LPS binding protein, competed with LPS for binding on the cell surface, and inhibited Toll-like receptor 4 endocytosis, ..
- Levi D, Carnahan D, Horn S, Levin J. Is a History of Severe Episodic Low Back Pain an Indicator of a Discogenic Etiology?. Pain Med. 2017;: pubmed publisher..To determine if a history of severe episodic low back pain (LBP) correlates with positive discography...
- Muller M, Scheel O, Lindner B, Gutsmann T, Seydel U. The role of membrane-bound LBP, endotoxin aggregates, and the MaxiK channel in LPS-induced cell activation. J Endotoxin Res. 2003;9:181-6 pubmed..In addition, cell culture assays and patch-clamp experiments demonstrate that endotoxin activates macrophages and the MaxiK channel in the aggregated, but not in the monomeric, state at similar concentrations. ..
- Vollmer T, Kleesiek K, Dreier J. Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP) gene polymorphisms: rapid genotyping by real-time PCR and association with infective endocarditis. Clin Biochem. 2009;42:1413-9 pubmed publisher..Elevated serum LBP concentrations of infective patients did not correlate with genotypes. The association of the polymorphisms c.291C>T and c.613A>G suggest a role of LBP in the disease manifestation of IE. ..
- Shcherbina A, Longacre M. The Association Between Atherosclerosis and Low Back Pain: A Systematic Review. PM R. 2017;9:1144-1156 pubmed publisher..Better insight into how intervertebral disk changes relate to LBP is needed to guide future research. High-quality prospective studies are needed to answer the question of whether atherosclerosis is a risk factor for LBP. II. ..
- Franke H, Franke J, Belz S, Fryer G. Osteopathic manipulative treatment for low back and pelvic girdle pain during and after pregnancy: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2017;21:752-762 pubmed publisher..Further research may change estimates of effect, and larger, high-quality randomized controlled trials with robust comparison groups are recommended. ..
- Wang X, Du X, Li H, Zhang S. Identification of the Zinc Finger Protein ZRANB2 as a Novel Maternal Lipopolysaccharide-binding Protein That Protects Embryos of Zebrafish against Gram-negative Bacterial Infections. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:4019-34 pubmed publisher..This work also provides new insights into the immunological function of the zinc finger proteins that are widely distributed in various animals. ..
- Elden H, Gutke A, Kjellby Wendt G, Fagevik Olsen M, Ostgaard H. Predictors and consequences of long-term pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain: a longitudinal follow-up study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2016;17:276 pubmed publisher..They could be identified by number of positive pain provocation tests and experience of previous LBP. Access to evidence based treatments are important for individual and socioeconomic reasons. ..
- Magalhaes M, Comachio J, Ferreira P, Pappas E, Marques A. Effectiveness of graded activity versus physiotherapy in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain: midterm follow up results of a randomized controlled trial. Braz J Phys Ther. 2018;22:82-91 pubmed publisher..6 (95% CI=-3.4 to 2.2)] and six months [0.0 (95% CI=-2.9 to 3.0)]. The results of this study suggest that graded activity and physiotherapy have similar effects in the medium-term for patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain. ..
- Kovacs F, Seco J, Royuela A, Betegon J, Sánchez Herráez S, Meli M, et al. The association between sleep quality, low back pain and disability: A prospective study in routine practice. Eur J Pain. 2018;22:114-126 pubmed publisher..In clinical practice, sleep quality, low back pain and disability are associated. However, sleep quality at baseline does not predict improvement in pain and disability. ..
- Hamann L, Alexander C, Stamme C, Zahringer U, Schumann R. Acute-phase concentrations of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-binding protein inhibit innate immune cell activation by different LPS chemotypes via different mechanisms. Infect Immun. 2005;73:193-200 pubmed..A complete understanding of the host's mechanisms to modulate the proinflammatory effects of LPS will most likely help in the understanding of inflammation and infection and may lead to novel therapeutic intervention strategies. ..
- Penha Filho R, DÃaz S, Fernando F, Chang Y, Andreatti Filho R, Berchieri Junior A. Immunomodulatory activity and control of Salmonella Enteritidis colonization in the intestinal tract of chickens by Lactobacillus based probiotic. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2015;167:64-9 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment of chicks with LBP decreased the intestinal colonization by SE, minimizing the tissue lesions and inflammation after challenge and showed a potential use as adjuvant with injectable killed vaccines. ..
- Bo R, Zheng S, Xing J, Luo L, Niu Y, Huang Y, et al. The immunological activity of Lycium barbarum polysaccharides liposome in vitro and adjuvanticity against PCV2 in vivo. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;85:294-301 pubmed publisher..The histomorphological observation of spleen demonstrated that LBPL as a vaccine adjuvant also has good improvement and stimulating effect on the immune organ. ..
- Teixeira G, Leite Pereira C, Castro F, Ferreira J, Gomez Lazaro M, Aguiar P, et al. Anti-inflammatory Chitosan/Poly-?-glutamic acid nanoparticles control inflammation while remodeling extracellular matrix in degenerated intervertebral disc. Acta Biomater. 2016;42:168-179 pubmed publisher..The main findings support the success of an anti-inflammatory therapy for degenerated IVD that not only reduces inflammation but also promotes native IVD matrix production. ..
- Å kanta F, ProchÃ¡zkovÃ¡ P, RoubalovÃ¡ R, DvoÅ™Ã¡k J, Bilej M. LBP/BPI homologue in Eisenia andrei earthworms. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;54:1-6 pubmed publisher..In E.Â andrei coelomocytes, the transcription of Ealbp/bpi gene was up-regulated in response to bacterial stimulation, reaching a maximum at 8 and 16Â h post stimulation with Bacillus subtilis and Escherichia coli, respectively. ..
- Hu X, Chen N, Chai Q, Yang G, Trevelyan E, Lorenc A, et al. Integrative treatment for low back pain: An exploratory systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Chin J Integr Med. 2015;: pubmed..Identification of studies of true IM was not possible due to lack of reporting of the intervention details (registration No. CRD42013003916). ..
- An J, You Z, Chen X, Huang D, Yan G, Wang D. Robust and accurate prediction of protein self-interactions from amino acids sequence using evolutionary information. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:3702-3710 pubmed..In addition, to facilitate extensive studies for future proteomics research, a web server is freely available for academic use at . ..
- Bilal M, Abaker J, Ul Aabdin Z, Xu T, Dai H, Zhang K, et al. Lipopolysaccharide derived from the digestive tract triggers an inflammatory response in the uterus of mid-lactating dairy cows during SARA. BMC Vet Res. 2016;12:284 pubmed..Therefore, the results indicated that LPS derived from the rumen triggered the genes associated with inflammation in the uterus of mid-lactating dairy cows fed a high-concentrate diet, causing endometritis. ..
- Harris S, Rampersaud Y. The importance of identifying and modifying unemployment predictor variables in the evolution of a novel model of care for low back pain in the general population. Spine J. 2016;16:16-22 pubmed publisher..Mitigation strategies for the predictor variables identified will be included in ISAEC pathways to translate clinical improvement into societal added value. ..
- Fewster K, Gallagher K, Callaghan J. The effect of standing interventions on acute low-back postures and muscle activation patterns. Appl Ergon. 2017;58:281-286 pubmed publisher..This change in lumbar spine posture may be an indication that the elevated standing aid intervention can positively impact lumbar spine posture in standing pain developers and potentially reduce LBP. ..
- Gabel C, Cuesta Vargas A, Qian M, Vengust R, Berlemann U, Aghayev E, et al. The Oswestry Disability Index, confirmatory factor analysis in a sample of 35,263 verifies a one-factor structure but practicality issues remain. Eur Spine J. 2017;26:2007-2013 pubmed publisher..However, practicality limitations were reported for use in the clinical and research settings. Researchers are encouraged to consider a shift towards newer, more sensitive and robustly developed instruments. ..
- Hiyama A, Katoh H, Sakai D, Tanaka M, Sato M, Watanabe M. Clinical impact of JOABPEQ mental health scores in patients with low back pain: Analysis using the neuropathic pain screening tool painDETECT. J Orthop Sci. 2017;22:1009-1014 pubmed publisher..We found that psychological factors may modify pain intensity and may lead to an exaggerated or histrionic presentation of the pain, or neuropathic LBP may be exacerbating psychological factors. ..
- Kim K, Shimizu J, Isu T, Inoue K, Chiba Y, Iwamoto N, et al. Low back pain due to superior cluneal nerve entrapment: A clinicopathologic study. Muscle Nerve. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We studied the clinical and nerve pathologic features in 6 patients whose low back pain (LBP) was relieved by superior cluneal nerve (SCN) neurectomy to determine whether nerve compression was the mechanism underlying this type of LBP...
- Citronberg J, Curtis K, White E, Newcomb P, Newton K, Atkinson C, et al. Association of gut microbial communities with plasma lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP) in premenopausal women. ISME J. 2018;12:1631-1641 pubmed publisher..We found distinct differences between tertiles of LBP regarding the diversity and composition of the microbiome, as well as differences in functional genes that potentially activate LBP. ..
- Flores C, Pérez Méndez L, Maca Meyer N, Muriel A, Espinosa E, Blanco J, et al. A common haplotype of the LBP gene predisposes to severe sepsis. Crit Care Med. 2009;37:2759-66 pubmed publisher..046). This study strongly supports the involvement of LBP gene variants in severe sepsis susceptibility and reinforces the merit of further exploration of the role of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein in sepsis. ..
- Vickers J, Reed A, Decker R, Conrad B, Olegario Nebel M, Vincent H. Effect of investigator observation on gait parameters in individuals with and without chronic low back pain. Gait Posture. 2017;53:35-40 pubmed publisher..These findings show that people change their gait patterns when being observed. Gait analyses may require additional trials before data can reliably be interpreted and used for clinical decision-making. ..
- Suman A, Bostick G, Schopflocher D, Russell A, Ferrari R, Battie M, et al. Long-term evaluation of a Canadian back pain mass media campaign. Eur Spine J. 2017;26:2467-2474 pubmed publisher..96, 1.73-2.21). The mass media campaign had continued impact on public LBP beliefs over the course of 7 years. Improvements over time were associated with exposure to campaign messaging. ..
- Tojima M, Torii S. Difference in kick motion of adolescent soccer players in presence and absence of low back pain. Gait Posture. 2018;59:89-92 pubmed publisher..Therefore, coaches and athletic trainers should pay attention to soccer players' lumbar spine rotation and the COM shift during kick motion. This would be important for preventing LBP in adolescent soccer players. ..
- Raabe M, Chaudhari A. Biomechanical consequences of running with deep core muscle weakness. J Biomech. 2018;67:98-105 pubmed publisher..Therefore, insufficient strength of the deep core musculature may increase a runner's risk of developing LBP. ..
- Wright S, Tobias P, Ulevitch R, Ramos R. Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) binding protein opsonizes LPS-bearing particles for recognition by a novel receptor on macrophages. J Exp Med. 1989;170:1231-41 pubmedb>Lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) is an acute-phase reactant that binds bacterial LPS...
- Iovine N, Eastvold J, Elsbach P, Weiss J, Gioannini T. The carboxyl-terminal domain of closely related endotoxin-binding proteins determines the target of protein-lipopolysaccharide complexes. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7970-8 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that the carboxyl-terminal domain of these closely related endotoxin-binding proteins dictates the route and host responses to complexes they form with endotoxin. ..
- Leante Castellanos J, de Guadiana Romualdo L, Fuentes Gutiérrez C, Hernando Holgado A, García González A, Jiménez Santos E. The value of lipopolysaccharide binding protein for diagnosis of late-onset neonatal sepsis in very low birth weight infants. J Perinat Med. 2015;43:253-7 pubmed publisherTo assess the accuracy of lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) for diagnosing late-onset neonatal sepsis (LONS) in very low birth weight (VLBW) infants. Observational, prospective study...
- NystrÃ¶m J, Stenkvist J, HÃ¤ggblom A, Weiland O, Nowak P. Low levels of microbial translocation marker LBP are associated with sustained viral response after anti-HCV treatment in HIV-1/HCV co-infected patients. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0118643 pubmed publisher..during anti-HCV and anti-HIV treatments, and if baseline plasma levels of lipopolysaccharide (LPS), lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) and soluble CD14 (sCD14) could predict anti-HCV treatment outcome...
- ..Whenever possible, minimally invasive surgical techniques should be used and the immunosuppressive medication should be stopped before surgery. ..
- Tomazoni S, Costa L, Guimarães L, Araujo A, Nascimento D, Medeiros F, et al. Effects of photobiomodulation therapy in patients with chronic non-specific low back pain: protocol for a randomised placebo-controlled trial. BMJ Open. 2017;7:e017202 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the objective of this clinical trial is to evaluate the effects of PBMT in patients with chronic non-specific LBP in the short, medium and long term...
- de Luca K, Fang S, Ong J, Shin K, Woods S, Tuchin P. The Effectiveness and Safety of Manual Therapy on Pain and Disability in Older Persons With Chronic Low Back Pain: A Systematic Review. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2017;40:527-534 pubmed publisher..Research with appropriately designed trials to investigate the effectiveness and safety of manual therapy interventions in older persons with chronic LBP is required. ..
- Konno T, Aota Y, Kuniya H, Saito T, Qu N, Hayashi S, et al. Anatomical etiology of "pseudo-sciatica" from superior cluneal nerve entrapment: a laboratory investigation. J Pain Res. 2017;10:2539-2545 pubmed publisher..The purpose of the present anatomical study was to better elucidate the anatomy and improve the understanding of "pseudo-sciatica" from SCN entrapment...
- ..It has been hypothesized that individuals with low-back pain (LBP) can change their motor behavior, which is fundamentally an adaptation mechanism aimed at minimizing the real or perceived risk of further pain...
- Tsutsumi Ishii Y, Shimada K, Daida H, Toman R, Nagaoka I. Low potency of Chlamydophila LPS to activate human mononuclear cells due to its reduced affinities for CD14 and LPS-binding protein. Int Immunol. 2008;20:199-208 pubmed
- Liu X, Lu L, Yao P, Ma Y, Wang F, Jin Q, et al. Lipopolysaccharide binding protein, obesity status and incidence of metabolic syndrome: a prospective study among middle-aged and older Chinese. Diabetologia. 2014;57:1834-41 pubmed publisher..This study therefore investigated the associations between lipopolysaccharide binding protein (LBP) levels and 6 year incident metabolic syndrome (MetS), as well as the potentially modifying ..
- Liu S, Wu N, Liu J, Liu H, Su X, Liu Z, et al. Association between ADAMTS-4 gene polymorphism and lumbar disc degeneration in Chinese Han population. J Orthop Res. 2016;34:860-4 pubmed publisher..The SNP rs4233367 in the exon of ADAMTS-4 gene may be associated with lumbar disc degeneration. Â© 2015 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res 34:860-864, 2016. ..
- Weng W, Wu H, Wu M, Zhu Y, Qiu Y, Wang W. The effect of total hip arthroplasty on sagittal spinal-pelvic-leg alignment and low back pain in patients with severe hip osteoarthritis. Eur Spine J. 2016;25:3608-3614 pubmed..THA in patients with severe hip OA could help correct abnormal sagittal spinal-pelvic-leg alignment and relieve comorbid LBP. Improvements in hip flexion and global spinal balance might be involved in the mechanism of LBP relief. ..
- Riis A, Jensen C, Bro F, Maindal H, Petersen K, Bendtsen M, et al. A multifaceted implementation strategy versus passive implementation of low back pain guidelines in general practice: a cluster randomised controlled trial. Implement Sci. 2016;11:143 pubmed..This study supports the application of a MuIS when implementing guidelines. ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT01699256. ..