Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LIPG
Description: lipase, endothelial
Alias: EDL, PRO719, endothelial cell-derived lipase, endothelial lipase, lipoprotein lipase H
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- Loss-of-function variants in endothelial lipase are a cause of elevated HDL cholesterol in humansAndrew C Edmondson
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6160, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1042-50. 2009..Animal models indicate that decreased expression of endothelial lipase (LIPG) is inversely associated with HDL-C levels, and genome-wide association studies have identified LIPG ..
- Cloning of a unique lipase from endothelial cells extends the lipase gene familyK Hirata
Division of Cardiology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California, 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 274:14170-5. 1999..Its tissue-restricted pattern of expression and its ability to be expressed by endothelial cells, suggests that endothelial cell-derived lipase may have unique functions in lipoprotein metabolism and in vascular disease...
- Mining the LIPG allelic spectrum reveals the contribution of rare and common regulatory variants to HDL cholesterolSumeet A Khetarpal
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, and Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002393. 2011..haplotype and noncoding GWAS SNPs were associated with reduced plasma levels of the LIPG gene product endothelial lipase (EL), consistent with its role in HDL-C catabolism...
- Endothelial lipase is a major genetic determinant for high-density lipoprotein concentration, structure, and metabolismKe Ma
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2748-53. 2003High-density lipoprotein (HDL) protects against atherosclerosis. Endothelial lipase (EL) has been postulated to be involved in lipoprotein, and possibly HDL, metabolism, yet the evidence has been scarce and conflicting...
- Genome-wide association analysis of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in the population-based KORA study sheds new light on intergenic regionsIris M Heid
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Center, Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 1:10-20. 2008..We aimed to identify gene regions that influence HDLC levels by a genome-wide association analysis in the population-based KORA (Cooperative Health Research in the Region of Augsburg) study...
- Dysregulation of placental endothelial lipase and lipoprotein lipase in intrauterine growth-restricted pregnanciesM Gauster
Institute of Histology, Cell Biology, and Embryology, Center of Molecular Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21 VII, Graz, Austria
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2256-63. 2007..Fetal supply of maternally derived fatty acids requires lipase-mediated hydrolysis of lipoprotein-borne triglycerides and phospholipids at the placental surface...
- Protective effect of an endothelial lipase gene variant on coronary artery disease in a Chinese populationNa Ping Tang
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
J Lipid Res 49:369-75. 2008The aim of the present study was to assess the influence of the endothelial lipase (EL) gene 584C/T variant, which results in a change at codon 111 of the EL gene from threonine to isoleucine, on the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD) ..
- Relationship between serum HDL-C levels and common genetic variants of the endothelial lipase gene in Japanese school-aged childrenKimiko Yamakawa-Kobayashi
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 305 8575, Tsukuba, Japan
Hum Genet 113:311-5. 2003b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a new member of the triglyceride lipase family, the genes of which play a central role in dietary fat absorption, energy homeostasis, and plasma lipoprotein metabolism...
- Endothelial lipase is associated with inflammation in humansMarie Eve Paradis
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Lipid Res 47:2808-13. 2006The aim of this study was to investigate the extent to which inflammation is linked with plasma endothelial lipase (EL) concentrations among healthy sedentary men...
- Endothelial lipase gene polymorphism is associated with acute myocardial infarction, independently of high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol levelsMasakatsu Shimizu
Division of General Medical Science, Department of General Therapeutics, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 2 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Circ J 71:842-6. 2007b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a major determinant of high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL-C) metabolism and promotes monocytes recruitment...
- Physical inactivity interacts with an endothelial lipase polymorphism to modulate high density lipoprotein cholesterol in the GOLDN studyCaren E Smith
Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111 1524, United States
Atherosclerosis 206:500-4. 2009..HDL-C response to exercise varies among individuals, and this variability may be associated with genetic polymorphisms in the key regulators of HDL metabolism including endothelial lipase (LIPG).
- Identification of the active form of endothelial lipase, a homodimer in a head-to-tail conformationNathalie Griffon
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23322-30. 2009b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a member of a subfamily of lipases that act on triglycerides and phospholipids in plasma lipoproteins, which also includes lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase...
- A novel endothelial-derived lipase that modulates HDL metabolismM Jaye
Cardiovascular Biology Department, Rhone Poulenc Rorer Research and Development, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426 0107, USA
Nat Genet 21:424-8. 1999..other family members, this new lipase is synthesized by endothelial cells in vitro and thus has been termed endothelial lipase (encoded by the LIPG gene)...
- Role of endothelial lipase in atherosclerosisJi Huang
Emergency Center of Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences and Beijing Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing 100029, P R China
Transl Res 156:1-6. 2010b>Endothelial lipase, which is a newly identified member of the lipase family, plays an important role in high-density lipoprotein metabolism, which catalyzes the hydrolysis of high-density lipoprotein phospholipids and facilitates the ..
- Dose-dependent acceleration of high-density lipoprotein catabolism by endothelial lipaseCyrille Maugeais
Departments of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Circulation 108:2121-6. 2003..Overexpression of endothelial lipase (EL) markedly reduces plasma levels of HDL cholesterol and apoA-I in mice, but the mechanisms of this effect ..
- The T111I mutation in the EL gene modulates the impact of dietary fat on the HDL profile in womenMarie Eve Paradis
Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods Institute, Pavillon Paul Comtois, Office 2423, Laval University, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
J Lipid Res 44:1902-8. 2003The objective of the present study was to examine the impact of the T111I missense mutation in exon 3 of the endothelial lipase (EL) gene on HDL and its potential interaction effect with dietary fat...
- Association of endothelial lipase gene (LIPG) haplotypes with high-density lipoprotein cholesterol subfractions and apolipoprotein AI plasma levels in Japanese AmericansCarolyn M Hutter
Department of Epidemiology, Institute for Public Health Genetics, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific Avenue, Box 357236, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Atherosclerosis 185:78-86. 2006The LIPG gene on chromosome 18 encodes for endothelial lipase, a member of the triglyceride lipase family...
- Endothelial cell-derived lipase mediates uptake and binding of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) particles and the selective uptake of HDL-associated cholesterol esters independent of its enzymic activityJuliane G Strauss
Institute of Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochem J 368:69-79. 2002Endothelial cell-derived lipase (EDL) is a new member of the lipase gene family with high sequence homology with lipoprotein lipase (LPL). EDL is a phospholipase with very little triacylglycerol lipase activity...
- Placental triglyceride accumulation in maternal type 1 diabetes is associated with increased lipase gene expressionMarie L S Lindegaard
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Lipid Res 47:2581-8. 2006..The placental triglyceride (TG) concentration and mRNA expression of endothelial lipase (EL) and hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL) were increased in placentas from women with diabetes...
- Endothelial lipase modulates monocyte adhesion to the vessel wall. A potential role in inflammationYoko Kojma
Division of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:54032-8. 2004b>Endothelial lipase (EL), a new member of the lipoprotein lipase gene family, plays a central role in high density lipoprotein metabolism...
- Sulforaphane inhibits endothelial lipase expression through NF-κB in endothelial cellsAnnukka M Kivelä
The Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, P O Box 1627, Neulaniementie 2, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Atherosclerosis 213:122-8. 2010b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a new member of triacylglycerol lipase family that has been shown to decrease high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels leading to increased risk of atherosclerosis...
- Characterization of the lipolytic activity of endothelial lipaseMary G McCoy
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Lipid Res 43:921-9. 2002b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a new member of the triglyceride lipase gene family previously reported to have phospholipase activity...
- Scavenger receptor BI-mediated selective uptake is required for the remodeling of high density lipoprotein by endothelial lipaseNiels Nijstad
Center for Liver, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases, Laboratory of Pediatrics, University Medical Center Groningen, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 284:6093-100. 2009b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a negative regulator of high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol plasma levels, and scavenger receptor BI (SR-BI) is involved in remodeling of HDL...
- Insulin resistance and hypertension: in vivo and in vitro insulin action in skeletal muscle in spontaneously hypertensive and Wistar-Kyoto ratsA L Swislocki
Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Northern California Health Care System, Martinez 94533, USA
Am J Hypertens 10:1159-64. 1997..increased from 377 +/- 120 to 439 +/- 175 disintegrations per minute (dpm) 3H-glucose/mg extensor digitorum longus (EDL) in WKY when insulin increased from 0 to 1000 microU/mL (P < ...
- Acute effects of the beta 3-adrenoceptor agonist, BRL 35135, on tissue glucose utilisationY L Liu
Department of Physiology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Tooting, London
Br J Pharmacol 114:888-94. 1995..and potentiated the response in Type II (non-working) muscles such as tibialis and extensor digitorium longus (EDL). 4...
- Dissociation between insulin binding and glucose utilization after intense exercise in mouse skeletal musclesA Bonen
Department of Physiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Horm Metab Res 21:172-8. 1989..2-deoxy-d-glucose (2-DOG) uptake and glucose incorporation into glycogen and glycolysis were compared in soleus and EDL muscles of intensively exercised (2-3 h) mice and non-exercised mice...
- Up-regulation of the peroxiredoxin-6 related metabolism of reactive oxygen species in skeletal muscle of mice lacking neuronal nitric oxide synthaseLuis Da Silva-Azevedo
Department of Physiology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Arnimallee 22, Berlin Dahlem, Germany
J Physiol 587:655-68. 2009..subsequent tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) was performed using extracts of extensor digitorum longus muscle (EDL) derived from nNOS-knockout mice in comparison to C57Bl/6 control mice...
- Skeletal muscle myosin heavy chain expression in rats with monocrotaline-induced cardiac hypertrophy and failure. Relation to blood flow and degree of muscle atrophyG Vescovo
First Division of Internal Medicine, Venice City Hospital, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 39:233-41. 1998..In congestive heart failure (CHF) the skeletal muscle of the lower limbs develops a myopathy characterised by atrophy and shift from the slow to the fast type fibres. The mechanisms responsible for these changes are not clear yet...
- Effect of xanthine oxidase-generated extracellular superoxide on skeletal muscle force generationM C Gomez-Cabrera
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R2-8. 2010..Intact extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus muscles from mice were also incubated in vitro with oxypurinol or polyethylene glycol-tagged Cu,Zn-SOD...
- Vertebrate endothelial lipase: comparative studies of an ancient gene and protein in vertebrate evolutionRoger S Holmes
Department of Genetics, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX 78227, USA
Genetica 139:291-304. 2011b>Endothelial lipase (gene: LIPG; enzyme: EL) is one of three members of the triglyceride lipase family that contributes to lipoprotein degradation within the circulation system and plays a major role in HDL metabolism in the body...
- Endogenously produced endothelial lipase enhances binding and cellular processing of plasma lipoproteins via heparan sulfate proteoglycan-mediated pathwayIlia V Fuki
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 278:34331-8. 2003b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a new member of the triglyceride lipase gene family, which includes lipoprotein lipase (LpL) and hepatic lipase (HL). Enzymatic activity of EL has been studied before...
- Apolipoproteins regulate the kinetics of endothelial lipase-mediated hydrolysis of phospholipids in reconstituted high-density lipoproteinsDaniela Caiazza
Lipid Research Group, The Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Biochemistry 43:11898-905. 2004b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a newly identified member of the triglyceride lipase gene family that hydrolyzes high-density lipoprotein (HDL) phospholipids...
- In vitro 1H-NMR spectroscopic analysis of metabolites in fast- and slow-twitch muscles of young ratsYoshichika Yoshioka
Department of Physiology II, School of Medicine, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 1:7-13. 2002..TAU), anserine (ANS) and carnosine (CAR) content of the masseter muscles (MM), long extensor muscles of digits (EDL) and soleus muscles (SOL) of young rats were determined using in vitro 1H-NMR spectroscopy to assess the ..
- Endothelial lipase concentrations are increased in metabolic syndrome and associated with coronary atherosclerosisKaren O Badellino
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS Med 3:e22. 2006b>Endothelial lipase (EL), a new member of the lipase family, has been shown to modulate high-density lipoprotein (HDL-C) metabolism and atherosclerosis in mouse models...
- Differences in glucose transport rates between perfused and in vitro incubated musclesM Kern
Department of Biochemistry, East Carolina University, School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
Horm Metab Res 22:366-8. 1990..3-O-Methylglucose transport rates in incubated soleus (SOL) and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle strips were compared to transport rates obtained in SOL and EDL muscles removed from perfused hindquarters...
- Electrostatic and electrochemical nature of liquid-gated electric-double-layer transistors based on oxide semiconductorsHongtao Yuan
Quantum Phase Electronics Center and Department of Applied Physics, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8656, Japan, Japan Science and Technology Agency CREST, Kawaguchi 332 0012, Japan, Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8577, Japan, and WPI Advanced Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8577, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:18402-7. 2010The electric-double-layer (EDL) formed at liquid/solid interfaces provides a broad and interdisciplinary attraction in terms of electrochemistry, photochemistry, catalysts, energy storage, and electronics because of the large interfacial ..
- Functional imaging of estrogen receptors with radiolabeled-GAP-EDL in rabbit endometriosis modelNobukazu Takahashi
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, Box 57, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Acad Radiol 14:1050-7. 2007..We previously have reported that (99m)Tc-labeled glutamate peptide-estradiol ((99m)Tc-GAP-EDL) is a useful agent for imaging functional estrogen receptor (ER) via an ER-mediated process...
- Calsequestrin content and SERCA determine normal and maximal Ca2+ storage levels in sarcoplasmic reticulum of fast- and slow-twitch fibres of ratRobyn M Murphy
Department of Zoology, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Physiol 587:443-60. 2009..the absolute amount of CSQ isoform 1 (CSQ1, the primary isoform) present in rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus fibres, and related this to their endogenous and maximal SR Ca2+ content...
- Acute effects of N-acetylcysteine on skeletal muscle microcirculation following closed soft tissue trauma in ratsKlaus D Schaser
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Orthop Res 23:231-41. 2005..Microcirculation of the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle was analyzed using intravital microscopy and Laser-Doppler flowmetry (LDF)...
- Regulation of dihydropyridine receptor gene expression in mouse skeletal muscles by stretch and disuseTatiana L Radzyukevich
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0576, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C1445-52. 2004..After 14-day simultaneous denervation of the soleus (Sol), tibialis anterior (TA), extensor digitorum longus (EDL), and gastrocnemius (Gastr) muscles by sciatic nerve section, DHPR mRNA increased preferentially in the Sol and TA (..
- Resistance to D-tubocurarine of the rat diaphragm as compared to a limb muscle: influence of quantal transmitter release and nicotinic acetylcholine receptorsTu Nguyen-Huu
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Unité Propre de Recherche 9040, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, France
Anesthesiology 110:1011-5. 2009..The basis of this difference may be a higher concentration of acetylcholine released or higher number of postsynaptic nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in diaphragmatic neuromuscular junctions...
- Effects of high-intensity training on MCT1, MCT4, and NBC expressions in rat skeletal muscles: influence of chronic metabolic alkalosisClaire Thomas
Universite Montpellier 1, UFR Médecine EA701, F 34295, Montpellier, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E916-22. 2007..MCT1, MCT4, and NBC content was measured by Western blotting in soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) skeletal muscles...
- Myofascial force transmission causes interaction between adjacent muscles and connective tissue: effects of blunt dissection and compartmental fasciotomy on length force characteristics of rat extensor digitorum longus muscleP A Huijing
Instituut voor Fundamentele en Klinische Bewegingswetenschappen, Faculteit Bewegingswetenschappen, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Physiol Biochem 109:97-109. 2001Muscles within the anterior tibial compartment (extensor digitorum longus: EDL, tibialis anterior: TA, and extensor hallucis longus muscles: EHL) and within the peroneal compartment were excited simultaneously and maximally...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) regulates neuromuscular junction development via a beta1 integrin-mediated mechanismGentian Lluri
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Neurobiol 66:1365-77. 2006..report that TIMP-2 is expressed at the NMJ and its expression is greater in fast-twitch (extensor digitorum longus, EDL) than slow-twitch (soleus) muscle...
- Myofascial force transmission via extramuscular pathways occurs between antagonistic musclesPeter A Huijing
Research Instituut Move, Faculteit Bewegingswetenschappen, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cells Tissues Organs 188:400-14. 2008..force was measured simultaneously at: (1) the proximal and distal tendons of the extensor digitorum muscle (EDL) to quantify any proximo-distal force differences, as an indicator of myofascial force transmission, (2) at the ..
- Reduction of skeletal muscle atrophy by a proteasome inhibitor in a rat model of denervationBlake C Beehler
Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases Drug Discovery, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Pennington, NJ 08543, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:335-41. 2006..At the end of the study, the rats were euthanized and the soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles were harvested. In vehicle-treated rats, denervation caused a 33.5 +/- 2.8% and 16.2 +/- 2...
- Phosphorylation and IGF-1-mediated dephosphorylation pathways control the activity and the pharmacological properties of skeletal muscle chloride channelsA De Luca
Dipartimento Farmacobiologico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Bari, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 125:477-82. 1998..2. For this purpose G(Cl) in EDL muscle isolated from adult rat was first lowered by treatment with 5 nM 4-beta-phorbol 12,13 dibutyrate (4-beta-PDB)..
- Endothelial NOS is main mediator for shear stress-dependent angiogenesis in skeletal muscle after prazosin administrationOliver Baum
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Königin Luise Str 15, D 14195 Berlin Dahlem, Germany
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2300-8. 2004..of capillaries/mm2) were determined in frozen sections from extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles of these mice...
- Protein diffusion in living skeletal muscle fibers: dependence on protein size, fiber type, and contractionS Papadopoulos
Department of Physiology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Biophys J 79:2084-94. 2000..were injected into single, intact skeletal muscle fibers taken from either soleus or extensor digitorum longus (edl) muscle of adult rats...
- Acute molecular response of mouse hindlimb muscles to chronic stimulationW A Laframboise
Dept of Pathology and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Shadyside Hospital West Wing, WG02 11, 5230 Center Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C556-70. 2009..An immediate-early growth response was present in the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle (FOS, JUN, activating transcription factor 3, and musculoaponeurotic fibrosarcoma oncogene) with a similar ..
- Effects of thyroid hormone receptor gene disruption on myosin isoform expression in mouse skeletal musclesF Yu
Noll Physiological Research Center and Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802 6900, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 278:R1545-54. 2000..In fast-twitch extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle, TR-alpha(1)-, TR-beta-, or TR-alpha(1)beta-deficient mice showed a small but statistically significant ..
- 1Alpha,25-dihydroxy-2beta(3-hydroxypropoxy)vitamin D3 (ED-71) suppressed callus remodeling but did not interfere with fracture healing in rat femoraYongping Cao
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Kita gun Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Bone 40:132-9. 2007....
- Vinculin and meta-vinculin in fast and slow rat skeletal muscle before and after hindlimb suspensionAngèle Chopard
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire Des Systèmes Intégrés, CNRS, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6548, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, 06108 Nice Cedex 2, France
Pflugers Arch 444:627-33. 2002..the expression of these proteins in a slow-twitch (soleus) and in a fast-twitch (extensor digitorum longus, EDL) skeletal muscle under control conditions and after a reduced functional demand...
- Inhibition of muscle carbonic anhydrase increases rise and relaxation times of twitches in rat skeletal muscle fibresPetra Wetzel
Zentrum Physiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany, Wetzel
Pflugers Arch 443:762-70. 2002Muscle carbonic anhydrase (CA) was inhibited in fibre bundles of the extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) muscles from rats. Isometric single twitches were recorded in the absence or presence of the CA inhibitors...
- Acute hyperammonemia activates branched-chain amino acid catabolism and decreases their extracellular concentrations: different sensitivity of red and white muscleMilan Holecek
Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Simkova 870, 500 38, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Amino Acids 40:575-84. 2011..M. soleus (SOL, slow-twitch, red muscle) and m. extensor digitorum longus (EDL, fast-twitch, white muscle) of white rat were isolated and incubated in a medium with or without 500 μM ammonia...
- A comparison of the electrophysiological effects of two organophosphates, mipafox and ecothiopate, on mouse limb musclesG E de Blaquière
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 150:350-60. 1998..Acetylcholinesterase activity was measured in the soleus (slow-twitch) and extensor digitorum longus (EDL; fast-twitch) muscles...
- Evidence that endothelial lipase remodels high density lipoproteins without mediating the dissociation of apolipoprotein A-IA Jahangiri
Lipid Research Group, Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, Sydney, New South Wales 2050, Australia
J Lipid Res 46:896-903. 2005b>Endothelial lipase (EL) is a triglyceride lipase gene family member that has high phospholipase and low triglyceride lipase activity...
- Effect of heart failure on skeletal muscle myofibrillar protein content, isoform expression and calcium sensitivityMichael J Toth
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, United States
Int J Cardiol 107:211-9. 2006..To address this issue, we examined the effect of heart failure on skeletal muscle myofibrillar protein content, isoform distribution and Ca2+ sensitivity...
- Quantitative measurement of resting skeletal muscle [Ca2+]i following acute and long-term downhill running exercise in miceG S Lynch
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Cell Calcium 22:373-83. 1997..The sedentary control animals remained in their cages. For each animal, Po was determined in the fast-twitch EDL and slow-twitch soleus muscles from one hindlimb and quantitative measurements of [Ca2+]i were made in the ..
- Contractile properties of skeletal muscle fibre bundles from mice deficient in carbonic anhydrase IIMatthew D Beekley
Zentrum Physiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Pflugers Arch 452:453-63. 2006..Because of this, we compared the in vitro contractile properties of extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) fibre bundles from mice deficient in CA II (CAD) to litter mate controls (LM)...
- Tetanus relaxation of fast skeletal muscles of the mouse made parvalbumin deficient by gene inactivationJ M Raymackers
Departement de Physiologie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
J Physiol 527:355-64. 2000The effects of tetanus duration on the relaxation rate of extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and flexor digitorum brevis (FDB) muscles were studied in normal (wild-type, WT) and parvalbumin-deficient (PVKO) mice, at 20 C...
- The relationship between skeletal muscle proteolysis and ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway in burned ratsJiake Chai
Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, Burns Institute, 304th Hospital, Beijing 100037, China
Burns 28:527-33. 2002..The proteolytic rates and mRNA expression of ubiquitin, E2-14K, and subunit RC2 in extensor digital longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) muscle were determined by amino acid analyzer and Northern blot, respectively...
- Genetic architecture of fast- and slow-twitch skeletal muscle weight in 200-day-old mice of the C57BL/6J and DBA/2J lineageA Lionikas
Center for Developmental and Health Genetics, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Physiol Genomics 16:141-52. 2003..slow-twitch soleus, the mixed gastrocnemius, the fast-twitch tibialis anterior (TA), and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles were 11-34% greater (P < 0.001) in 200-day-old C57BL/6J (B6) than in DBA/2J (D2) mice...
- Fibre-type specific concentration of focal adhesion kinase at the sarcolemma: influence of fibre innervation and regenerationMartin Fluck
M E Müller Institute for Biomechanics, University of Bern, Bühlestrasse 26, 3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
J Exp Biol 205:2337-48. 2002..type IIA fibres in normal rat soleus (N-SOL) muscle and of the type IIA fibres in extensor digitorum longus (N-EDL) muscle...
- Insulin-sensitive regulation of glucose transport and GLUT4 translocation in skeletal muscle of GLUT1 transgenic miceG J Etgen
Pfizer Central Research, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Biochem J 337:51-7. 1999..mannos-4-yloxy)-2-propylamine photolabelling methodology in both isolated and perfused extensor digitorum longus (EDL). Cell-surface GLUT1 was enhanced by as much as 70-fold in both isolated and perfused EDL of transgenic mice...
- Decreased monocarboxylate transporter 1 in rat soleus and EDL muscles exposed to clenbuterolT Kitaura
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Kanazawa, Kakuma, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 91:85-90. 2001..LDH) and isoform pattern and shift myosin heavy chain (MHC) pattern in soleus (Sol) and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) of male rats. In the clenbuterol-administered rats (2...
- Post-effects of nandrolone decanoate treatment on contractile responses of rat skeletal musclesWissam H Joumaa
Laboratoire de Physiologie Generale, CNRS UMR 6018, Faculte des Sciences et des Techniques, Universite de Nantes, B P 92208, 44322 Nantes, France
Jpn J Physiol 52:479-87. 2002..on contractile responses of isolated small bundles of intact slow-(soleus) and fast-(extensor digitorum longus, edl) twitch fibers in rat...
- Morphological and biochemical alterations of skeletal muscles from the genetically obese (ob/ob) mouseJ G Kemp
1 School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Victoria University, Footscray, Victoria, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:831-41. 2009..Knowledge of the morphological and biochemical alterations occurring in skeletal muscles of obese animals is relatively limited, particularly with respect to non-limb muscles and relationship to fibre type...
- Nerve influence on myosin light chain phosphorylation in slow and fast skeletal musclesCyril Bozzo
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, Italy
FEBS J 272:5771-85. 2005..chains (MLC1) and regulatory myosin light chains (MLC2) in rat slow (soleus) and fast (extensor digitorum longus EDL) muscles using 2D-gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry...
- Treating retinoblastoma in tissue culture and in a rat model with a novel isoquinoline derivativeMohamed Nassr
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:3813-9. 2010PURPOSE. To investigate the effectiveness of a novel isoquinoline derivative, EDL-155, in killing retinoblastoma in vitro and in vivo. METHODS...
- The role of ascorbic acid and exercise in chronic ischemia of skeletal muscle in ratsT Loizidis
Laboratory of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Appl Physiol 102:321-30. 2007..on muscle performance, cross-sectional area, and ultrastructural morphology in extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (Sol) muscles in rats...
- Eccentric contractions do not induce rhabdomyolysis in malignant hyperthermia susceptible miceBenjamin T Corona
Muscle Biology Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology and Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302 3975, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:1542-53. 2008..RYR1Y522S/wt) would exhibit greater anterior crural muscle [tibialis anterior (TA) and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles] damage and strength deficits following the performance of a single or repeated bouts of eccentric ..
- Myosin heavy chain expression in skeletal muscle autografts under neural or aneural conditionsK Yoshimura
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Surg Res 75:135-47. 1998....
- Genetic variation at the proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 5 gene modulates high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levelsIulia Iatan
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Cardiology Division, McGill University Health Centre Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:467-75. 2009..HDL particles are modulated by a variety of lipases, including endothelial lipase, a phospholipase present on vascular endothelial cells...
- Mitochondrial superoxide production in skeletal muscle fibers of the rat and decreased fiber excitabilityChris van der Poel
Department of Zoology, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria 3086, Autralia
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1353-60. 2007..responses were measured at 37 degrees C in mechanically skinned muscle fibers of rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle. In mechanically skinned fibers, the sarcolemma is removed avoiding potential sources of O(2)(...
- Role of load bearing in acetylcholinesterase regulation in rat skeletal musclesPeter Pregelj
Institute of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Neurosci Res 67:114-21. 2002..The levels of AChE mRNA in the slow soleus muscles are about 30% of those in the fast extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles...
- Association of genomic O island 122 of Escherichia coli EDL 933 with verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli seropathotypes that are linked to epidemic and/or serious diseaseMohamed A Karmali
Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses, Population and Public Health Branch, Health Canada, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 41:4930-40. 2003The distribution of EDL 933 O island 122 (OI-122) was investigated in 70 strains of Verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli (VTEC) of multiple serotypes that were classified into five "seropathotypes" (A through E) based on the reported ..
- Muscle fiber type composition and morphometric properties of denervated rat extensor digitorum longus muscleD Bobinac
Department of Anatomy, Rijeka University School of Medicine, Brace Branchetta 22, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Croat Med J 41:294-7. 2000Analysis of fiber type composition and fiber size of extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle in rats during 30 days of denervation.
- Effects of caffeine at different temperatures on contractile properties of slow-twitch and fast-twitch rat musclesY Wondmikun
Department of Physiology, University of Gondar, Ethiopia
Physiol Res 55:641-52. 2006..cold depression) in response to a decreased temperature, whereas the fast-twitch extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle shows enhanced twitch tension (cold potentiation)...
- Contraction and cation contents of skeletal soleus and EDL muscles in age-matched control and diabetic ratsApurva Chonkar
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 2HE UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1084:442-51. 2006..investigates the effect of streptozotocin (STZ)-induced type 1 DM on contraction and cation contents in soleus and EDL muscles compared to age-matched control rats...
- Cancer cachexia decreases specific force and accelerates fatigue in limb muscleB M Roberts
1225 Center Drive, HPNP Building Room 1142, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 435:488-92. 2013..limb muscles during severe Colon-26 (C26) carcinoma cachexia by studying the glycolytic extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle and the oxidative soleus muscle, which has an activity pattern that more closely resembles the diaphragm...
- Structural basis of endothelial lipase tropism for HDLUli C Broedl
Department of Medicine and Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
FASEB J 18:1891-3. 2004Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and endothelial lipase (EL), the most closely related enzymes among the members of the triglyceride lipase gene family with regard to primary sequence, have distinct lipolytic properties (triglyceride lipase vs...
- Muscular mechanical hyperalgesia revealed by behavioural pain test and c-Fos expression in the spinal dorsal horn after eccentric contraction in ratsToru Taguchi
Department of Neural Regulation, Division of Regulation of Organ Function, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Physiol 564:259-68. 2005..of DOMS by inducing eccentric contraction (lengthening contraction, ECC) to the extensor digitorum longus muscle (EDL), and investigated the existence of mechanical hyperalgesia in the EDL by means of behavioural pain tests (Randall-..
- Increased cAMP as a positive inotropic factor for mammalian skeletal muscle in vitroS A Reading
Department of Human Biology and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, ON, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 81:986-96. 2003..concentration improves skeletal muscle force development, we stimulated mouse soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) in the presence of isoproterenol (1 x 10(-5) mol...
- Evidence that hepatic lipase and endothelial lipase have different substrate specificities for high-density lipoprotein phospholipidsMyNgan Duong
Department of Medicine, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Australia
Biochemistry 42:13778-85. 2003Hepatic lipase (HL) and endothelial lipase (EL) are both members of the triglyceride lipase gene family. HL hydrolyzes phospholipids and triglycerides in triglyceride-rich lipoproteins and high-density lipoproteins (HDL)...
- Expression of the skeletal calsequestrin isoform in normal and regenerated skeletal muscles and in the hearts of rats with altered thyroid statusT Soukup
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 61:575-86. 2012..Muscle regeneration was achieved by intramuscular grafting of either soleus or extensor digitorum longus (EDL) from 3- to 4-week-old rats to either EDL or soleus muscle of 2-month-old rats...
- Hepatic lipase- and endothelial lipase-deficiency in mice promotes macrophage-to-feces RCT and HDL antioxidant propertiesJoan Carles Escola-Gil
IIB Sant Pau 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1831:691-7. 2013Hepatic lipase (HL) and endothelial lipase (EL) are negative regulators of plasma HDL cholesterol (HDLc) levels and presumably could affect two main HDL atheroprotective functions, macrophage-to-feces reverse cholesterol transport (RCT) ..
- The effect of partial denervation of developing rats fast muscles on their motor unit propertiesF Tyc
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Centre for Neuroscience, UCL, London, UK
J Physiol 482:651-60. 19951. The effects of partial denervation on motor units of the fast twitch extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle of the rat were studied. 2...
- Nascent HDL formation by hepatocytes is reduced by the concerted action of serum amyloid A and endothelial lipaseJoanne M Wroblewski
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology Division and Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Lipid Res 52:2255-61. 2011Inflammation is associated with significant decreases in plasma HDL-cholesterol (HDL-C) and apoA-I levels. Endothelial lipase (EL) is known to be an important determinant of HDL-C in mice and in humans and is upregulated during ..
- The effect of a unilateral muscle transplantation on the muscle fiber type and the MyHC isoform content in unoperated hind limb slow and fast muscles of the inbred Lewis ratsG ZACHAROVA
Institute of Physiology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 54:691-6. 2005..the myosin heavy chain (MyHC) isoform expression in the rat slow soleus (SOL) and fast extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles, a method of heterochronous isotransplantation was developed...
- Mechanical power and myosin composition of soleus and extensor digitorum longus muscles of ky miceG Marechal
Departement de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Physiol 268:C513-9. 1995..Soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles from ky mice weighted < 50% of control muscles from age-matched NMRI mice...
- Myofascial force transmission: muscle relative position and length determine agonist and synergist muscle forcePeter A Huijing
Instituut voor Fundamentele en Klinische Bewegingswetenschappen, Faculteit Bewegingswetenschappen, Vrije Universiteit, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Appl Physiol (1985) 94:1092-107. 2003Equal proximal and distal lengthening of rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) were studied. Tibialis anterior, extensor hallucis longus, and EDL were active maximally. The connective tissues around these muscle bellies were left intact...
- Remodeling in the microcirculation of rat skeletal muscle during chronic ischemiaM D Brown
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Microcirculation 10:179-91. 2003..To establish the time course and extent of remodeling of terminal microcirculation in ischemic rat skeletal muscle during prolonged low flow that does not lead to inflammation...
- Joint effects of common genetic variants from multiple genes and pathways on the risk of premature coronary artery diseaseJeffrey L Anderson
Cardiovascular Department, Intermountain Medical Center, Murray, UT 84107, USA
Am Heart J 160:250-256.e3. 2010....
- Association of extreme blood lipid profile phenotypic variation with 11 reverse cholesterol transport genes and 10 non-genetic cardiovascular disease risk factorsAlfredo Morabia
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Hum Mol Genet 12:2733-43. 2003..We propose a model involving these 14 genetic and non-genetic risk factors for evaluation in future independent studies...
- The effects of magnetic field on the biomechanics parameters of soleus and extensor digitorum longus muscles in rats with streptozotocin-induced diabetesA Pelit
Biophysics Department, Cukurova University Medical Faculty, Adana, Turkey
Diabetes Technol Ther 10:294-8. 2008The aim of this study was to determine the effects of the magnetic field (MF) on the isometric contractile characteristics of the soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles in rats both with and without diabetes.
- [The -384A >C polymorphism of endothelial lipase gene promoter region in Chinese healthy normolipidemic and endogenous hypertriglyceridemic subjects]Yi Huang
West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041 People s Republic of China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 25:443-6. 2008To investigate the effects of the -384A>C polymorphism in the promoter region of endothelial lipase (EL) gene on serum lipid and apolipoprotein levels in healthy normolipidemic (HTG) and endogenous hypertriglyceridemic (HTG) subjects.
- Increase of the cytotoxic effect of Bothrops jararacussu venom on mouse extensor digitorum longus and soleus by potassium channel blockers and by Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase inhibitionMarcelo A Tomaz
Departamento de Farmacologia Basica e Clinica, ICB, CCS, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21941 590, Brazil
Toxicon 52:551-8. 2008..of Bothrops jararacussu crude venom and other cytolytic agents on mouse isolated extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) muscles, which present distinct properties: EDL is a fast-twitch, white muscle with predominantly ..
- Hydroxyl radical and glutathione interactions alter calcium sensitivity and maximum force of the contractile apparatus in rat skeletal muscle fibresR M Murphy
Department of Zoology, La Trobe University, Melbourne 3086, Victoria, Australia
J Physiol 586:2203-16. 2008..Here, using skinned fibres from rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus muscle, it is shown that although H(2)O(2) (> or = 100 microm) has little effect by itself, when ..
- Oxidative stress stimulates skeletal muscle glucose uptake through a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent pathwayYasuki Higaki
Department of Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, Saga, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E889-97. 2008..Exposure of isolated rat extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles to Hx/XO (Hx/XO) for 20 min resulted in a dose-dependent increase in glucose uptake...
- Functional overloading of dystrophic mice enhances muscle-derived stem cell contribution to muscle contractile capacityFabrisia Ambrosio
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:66-73. 2009....
- SKELETAL MUSCLE ENERGY METABOLISMMartin Kushmerick; Fiscal Year: 1993..kinetics under homogenous in vitro conditions are different from those in isolated mouse extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (SOL) muscles by measuring the forward and reverse fluxes between PCr and gammaATP catalyzed by CK in ..
- High Density Lipoprotein Metabolism Influence of Extracellular PhospholipasesDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2007..We cloned and characterized a new member of the lipase gene family that we termed endothelial lipase (EL)...
- Role of Endothelial Lipase in AtherosclerosisHAMID RAZZAGHI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently, a newly discovered gene, called endothelial lipase (EL), has been shown to have several unique features that make EL a prime candidate gene for low HDL-C and ..
- HDL metabolism: Influence of extracellular lipasesDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2009..of extracellular lipases that act on lipoproteins, lipoprotein lipase (LPL), hepatic lipase (HL), and endothelial lipase (EL), are significantly associated with variation in HDL-C levels...
- HDL metabolism: Influence of extracellular lipasesDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2009..of extracellular lipases that act on lipoproteins, lipoprotein lipase (LPL), hepatic lipase (HL), and endothelial lipase (EL), are significantly associated with variation in HDL-C levels...
- ROLE OF SPHINGOMYELIN IN LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMPapasani V Subbaiah; Fiscal Year: 2010..all enzymes that utilize PC as substrate will be tested with respect to secretory phospholipases and endothelial lipase. The inhibitory role of SM in the generation of pro-inflammatory oxidized PCs and oxysterols will be tested ..
- Human endothelial lipase in cardiovascular diseaseKAREN BADELLINO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The focus of the research project is endothelial lipase (EL), a member of the triglyceride lipase family that has been shown, in mouse over expression studies, to ..
- The Role of Apolipoprotein A-II in the Modulation of HDL FunctionRANASINGHE SILVA; Fiscal Year: 2007..HDL remodeling factors including lecithin:cholesterol acyl transferase (LCAT), hepatic lipase (HL), and endothelial lipase (EL)...
- Androgen targets in a simple behavioral systemCynthia Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2003..the cells in rat muscles that express ARs, comparing the levator ani (LA) to the extensor digitorum longus (EDL), which differ in their sensitivity to androgens...
- E. coli O157:H7 genes induced during human infectionINDIRA KUDVA; Fiscal Year: 2005..The genes contained in reactive clones will be identified by BLAST, against the genomes of O157 EDL 933 and Sakai strains, and other DNA sequences available in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)..
- SINGLE SKETETAL MUSCLE FIBER IMPAIRMENT WITH AGINGOsvaldo Delbono; Fiscal Year: 2001..with alterations in sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium release in single fast- twitch extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle fibers from young (8 months), middle age (18), and old (28) Fisher 344 Brown Norway F1 Hybrid rats (..
- EXERCISE, DENERVATION AND INSULIN RESISTANCE IN MUSCLEPaul Pilch; Fiscal Year: 2005..the basis for the inhibition of insulin-stimulated glycogen synthesis in the denervated extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscle and its restoration by incubation with AICAR...
- HDL METABOLISM:INFLUENCE OF EXTRACELLULAR PHOSPHOLIPASESDaniel Rader; Fiscal Year: 2003..reported the isolation and characterization of a new member of the lipoprotein lipase gene family termed endothelial lipase (EL) that is made by endothelial cells and has primarily phospholipase activity...
- Dissection of Muscle Weight QTL Via Congenic StrainsArimantas Lionikas; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will be accomplished in two stages: (i) initially the weight of soleus, tibialis anterior (TA), EDL, gastrocnemius and biceps brachii (BB) muscles will be measured in congenic C57BL/6...
- Alcohol and Chronic Disease Among Vulnerable PopulationsEric Rimm; Fiscal Year: 2007..alcohol dehydrogenase-3, hepatic lipase, lipoprotein lipase, cholesteryl ester transport protein, and endothelial lipase. The well characterized large cohorts of women and men with stored blood samples provide an unparalleled ..
- MYOGENIC FACTORS: MUSCLE MATURATION AND REGENERATIONMarcia Ontell; Fiscal Year: 2004..By transplanting newborn Myf 5 null extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles into the bed of normal hosts (where these muscle regenerate and become innervated), we can compare these ..