Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LIPC
Description: lipase, hepatic
Alias: HDLCQ12, HTGL, LIPH, hepatic lipase, hepatic triacylglycerol lipase, lipase member C
Publications165 found, 100 shown here
- Tissue distribution of lipase genes related to triglyceride metabolism in laying hens (Gallus gallus)Kan Sato
Animal Science, Department of Biological Production, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu shi, Tokyo, 183 8509, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 155:62-6. 2010The triglyceride lipase gene family, including lipoprotein lipase (LPL), hepatic triglyceride lipase (HTGL), carboxyl ester lipase (CEL), endothelial lipase (EL), Lipase H, hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) and adipose triglyceride lipase (..
- Genome-wide association study of advanced age-related macular degeneration identifies a role of the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC)Benjamin M Neale
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7395-400. 2010..Our discovery data implicated the association between AMD and a variant in the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC) in the high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) pathway (discovery P = 4.53e-05 for rs493258)...
- Genetic variants near TIMP3 and high-density lipoprotein-associated loci influence susceptibility to age-related macular degenerationWei Chen
Center for Statistical Genetics, Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7401-6. 2010..In addition, our data revealed strong association signals with alleles at two loci (LIPC, P = 1.3 x 10(-7); CETP, P = 7...
- Hepatic lipase: a marker for cardiovascular disease risk and response to therapyAlberto Zambon
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Curr Opin Lipidol 14:179-89. 2003b>Hepatic lipase plays a key role in the metabolism of pro-atherogenic and anti-atherogenic lipoproteins affecting their plasma level as well as their physico-chemical properties...
- Quantitative assessment of the effect of hepatic lipase gene polymorphism on the risk of coronary heart diseaseHairong Wang
Department of Cardiology, Shanghai Pudong New Area Gongli Hospital, PR China
Arch Med Res 41:383-90. 2010The human hepatic lipase (LIPC) is a glycoprotein member of the lipase superfamily that has attracted considerable attention as a candidate gene for coronary heart disease (CHD) based on its enzyme function as a key factor in lipoprotein ..
- The interactive effects of hepatic lipase gene promoter polymorphisms with sex and obesity on high-density-lipoprotein cholesterol levels in Taiwanese-ChineseYu Lin Ko
The First Cardiovascular Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, No 199 Tung Hwa North Road, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Atherosclerosis 172:135-42. 2004b>Hepatic lipase (HL) is involved in the metabolism of several lipoproteins and plays a key role in reverse cholesterol transport...
- Association of variants in the LIPC and ABCA1 genes with intermediate and large drusen and advanced age-related macular degenerationYi Yu
Ophthalmic Epidemiology and Genetics Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:4663-70. 2011..There is little information about which genes influence drusen accumulation. Discovery of genetic variants associated with drusen may lead to prevention and treatments of AMD in its early stages...
- The environmental and genetic evidence for the association of hyperlipidemia and hypertensionYin Ruixing
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi, Republic of China
J Hypertens 27:251-8. 2009..The present study was undertaken to compare the differences in several environmental and genetic factors between hyperlipidemia and hypertension in the Guangxi Hei Yi Zhuang population...
- Hepatic lipase: a pro- or anti-atherogenic protein?Hans Jansen
Department of Biochemistry, Erasmus MC, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 43:1352-62. 2002b>Hepatic lipase (HL) plays a role in the metabolism of pro- and anti-atherogenic lipoproteins affecting their plasma level and composition. However, there is controversy regarding whether HL accelerates or retards atherosclerosis...
- Polymorphisms associated with cholesterol and risk of cardiovascular eventsSekar Kathiresan
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Center, Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1240-9. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that a combination of such SNPs contributes to the risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Association between CETP Taq1B and LIPC -514C/T polymorphisms with the serum lipid levels in a group of Tehran's population: a cross sectional studyMohammad Ali Kashani Farid
Department of Nutrition and Biochemistry, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, I R Iran
Lipids Health Dis 9:96. 2010..Polymorphisms in cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) and hepatic lipase (LIPC) genes have been found to be associated with the metabolism and serum concentration of the HDL-C.
- Cholesteryl ester transfer protein and hepatic lipase gene polymorphisms: effects on hepatic mRNA levels, plasma lipids and carotid atherosclerosisSelma M Soyal
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Paracelsus Medical University, Mullner Hauptstr 48, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Atherosclerosis 216:374-80. 2011HDL modifying effects of cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) and hepatic lipase (LIPC) depend in part on each other...
- Serum lipid biomarkers and hepatic lipase gene associations with age-related macular degenerationRobyn Reynolds
Ophthalmic Epidemiology and Genetics Service, New England Eye Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Ophthalmology 117:1989-95. 2010A genetic variant in the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol pathway, hepatic lipase (LIPC), was discovered to be associated with advanced age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in a genome-wide association study...
- The G-250A promoter polymorphism of the hepatic lipase gene predicts the conversion from impaired glucose tolerance to type 2 diabetes mellitus: the Finnish Diabetes Prevention StudyBoryana Todorova
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio, 70210 Kuopio
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2019-23. 2004..We investigated whether the G-250A polymorphism of the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC) predicts the conversion from impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) to type 2 diabetes in the Finnish ..
- Epistatic effect of cholesteryl ester transfer protein and hepatic lipase on serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levelsAaron Isaacs
Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2680-7. 2007Polymorphisms in the hepatic lipase (LIPC -514C > T) and cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP I405V) genes affect high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-c) levels, but their relationship with cardiovascular disease and their ..
- Association of LIPC -250G>A polymorphism and several environmental factors with serum lipid levels in the Guangxi Bai Ku Yao and Han populationsLi Meng
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, 22 Shuangyong Road, Nanning 530021, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Lipids Health Dis 9:28. 2010The association between -250G>A polymorphism in the promoter region of the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC) and plasma high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) concentration is contradictory in diverse ethnics...
- Low-density lipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in relation to genetic polymorphisms and menopausal status: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) StudyAlanna M Chamberlain
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, School of Public Health, 1300 South 2nd Street, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55454, United States
Atherosclerosis 200:322-8. 2008..and LDL-c levels, as well as the associations between the cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP TaqIB), hepatic lipase (LIPC C-514T), and lipoprotein lipase (LPL Ser447Stop) genes and HDL-c levels are significantly modified by ..
- No association of lipase C polymorphisms with Alzheimer's diseaseS M Laws
Laboratory of Neurochemistry and Neurogenetics, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, TU Munchen, Munich, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 31:2192-3. 2010b>Hepatic lipase, also known as hepatic triglyceride lipase (LIPC), much like the major genetic risk factor for Alzheimer's disease (AD), apolipoprotein E (APOE), is associated with altered lipid metabolism...
- CETP (cholesteryl ester transfer protein) promoter -1337 C>T polymorphism protects against coronary atherosclerosis in Japanese patients with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemiaMutsuko Takata
Molecular Genetics of Cardiovascular Disorders, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Takara machi 13 1, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Clin Sci (Lond) 111:325-31. 2006CETP (cholesteryl ester transfer protein) and HL (hepatic lipase) play a role in the metabolism of plasma lipoproteins, but the effects of CETP and LIPC (gene encoding HL) genotypes on coronary atherosclerosis may be dependent on LDL (low-..
- Lack of association of hepatic lipase polymorphisms with late-onset Alzheimer's diseaseHaiyan Zhu
Department of Physiology and Sanders Brown Center on Aging, University of Kentucky, 800 S Limestone St, Lexington, KY 40536 0230, USA
Neurobiol Aging 29:793-4. 2008Several polymorphisms in hepatic lipase (LIPC) are similar to apoE4 because they associate with cholesterol concentrations and, for rs6084, coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Dietary fat intake determines the effect of a common polymorphism in the hepatic lipase gene promoter on high-density lipoprotein metabolism: evidence of a strong dose effect in this gene-nutrient interaction in the Framingham StudyJose M Ordovas
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Mass 02111, USA
Circulation 106:2315-21. 2002..b>Hepatic lipase (HL) is a key determinant of HDL metabolism...
- The -514 C->T hepatic lipase promoter region polymorphism and plasma lipids: a meta-analysisAaron Isaacs
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3858-63. 2004Investigations of the -514 C-->T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the hepatic lipase (HL) gene promoter region (LIPC) have yielded contradictory results regarding its association with changes in plasma lipids...
- The G-250A substitution in the promoter region of the hepatic lipase gene is associated with the conversion from impaired glucose tolerance to type 2 diabetes: the STOP-NIDDM trialJ Zacharova
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
J Intern Med 257:185-93. 2005..b>Hepatic lipase gene encoding a lipolytic enzyme participating in remodelling of plasma lipoproteins and formation of serum ..
- LIPC variants in the promoter and intron 1 modify HDL-C levels in a sex-specific fashionMary F Feitosa
Division of Statistical Genomics, Center for Genome Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 63108 2212, USA
Atherosclerosis 204:171-7. 2009..b>Hepatic lipase gene (LIPC), which has a major role in lipoprotein metabolism, resides within the linkage region and ..
- Hepatic lipase mutations,elevated high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and increased risk of ischemic heart disease: the Copenhagen City Heart StudyRolf V Andersen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Herlev University Hospital, Herlev Ringvej 75, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1972-82. 2003We investigated associations between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the hepatic lipase promoter, levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), and risk of ischemic heart disease (IHD)...
- Hepatic lipase gene variant -514C>T is associated with lipoprotein and insulin sensitivity response to regular exercise: the HERITAGE Family StudyMargarita Teran-Garcia
Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Diabetes 54:2251-5. 2005We investigated the associations between the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC) -514C>T polymorphism and lipases, lipoproteins, and insulin sensitivity (Si) responses to exercise training...
- Pharmacogenetic study of apolipoprotein E, cholesteryl ester transfer protein and hepatic lipase genes and simvastatin therapy in Brazilian subjectsMarilu Fiegenbaum
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 362:182-8. 2005..Polymorphisms in apolipoprotein E (APOE), cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) and hepatic lipase (LIPC), proteins with major roles in lipid metabolism and homeostasis have been shown associated with lipid-..
- Compound heterozygosity for mutant hepatic lipase in familial hepatic lipase deficiencyR A Hegele
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 179:78-84. 1991In a kindred with three hyperlipidemic subjects who had premature atherosclerosis and complete deficiency of hepatic lipase activity, we had previously identified a novel structural hepatic lipase gene variant...
- The -250G>A promoter variant in hepatic lipase associates with elevated fasting serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol modulated by interaction with physical activity in a study of 16,156 Danish subjectsNiels Grarup
Steno Diabetes Center, Niels Steensens Vej 1, Gentofte, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2294-9. 2008b>Hepatic lipase plays a pivotal role in the metabolism of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and low-density lipoprotein by involvement in reverse cholesterol transport and the formation of atherogenic small dense low-density lipoprotein.
- The role of hepatic lipase in lipoprotein metabolism and atherosclerosisS Santamarina-Fojo
Molecular Disease Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Curr Opin Lipidol 9:211-9. 1998..role in the hydrolysis of lipoprotein triglycerides and phospholipids, recent studies have implicated hepatic lipase in other aspects of cellular lipid and/or lipoprotein metabolism and atherosclerosis...
- Reduced atherosclerosis in chow-fed mice expressing high levels of a catalytically inactive human hepatic lipaseKun Qian
Department of Pediatrics, Box 356320, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Atherosclerosis 195:66-74. 2007Increased expression of catalytically inactive hepatic lipase (ciHL) lowers remnants and low-density lipoproteins (LDL) and may reduce atherosclerosis in mice lacking both LDLreceptors (LDLR) and murine (m) HL...
- The G-250A polymorphism in the hepatic lipase gene promoter is associated with changes in hepatic lipase activity and LDL cholesterol: The KANWU StudyVirpi Lindi
University of Kuopio, Department of Clinical Nutrition, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:88-95. 2008b>Hepatic lipase (HL) catalyzes the hydrolysis of triglycerides and phospholipids from lipoproteins, and promotes the hepatic uptake of lipoproteins...
- The -250G/A polymorphism in the hepatic lipase gene promoter influences the postprandial lipemic response in healthy menY Jimenez-Gomez
Lipids and Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Avda Menendez Pidal, S N, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:173-81. 2008The -250G/A promoter polymorphism of the hepatic lipase gene has been associated with changes in the activity of the enzyme...
- Genetic study of common variants at the Apo E, Apo AI, Apo CIII, Apo B, lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and hepatic lipase (LIPC) genes and coronary artery disease (CAD): variation in LIPC gene associates with clinical outcomes in patients with established CADMarco G Baroni
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Endocrinology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
BMC Med Genet 4:8. 2003..genetic variables were: apolipoprotein E (Apo E), Apo AI, Apo CIII, Apo B, lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and the hepatic lipase (LIPC) genes...
- Isolation and characterization of the human hepatic lipase geneD Ameis
Veterans Administration Wadsworth Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90073
J Biol Chem 265:6552-5. 1990..and cosmid genomic clones were isolated spanning an area of approximately 60 kilobases that contains the human hepatic lipase (HL) gene. It is composed of 9 exons spanning approximately 35 kilobases of DNA...
- Transcriptional regulation of the human hepatic lipase (LIPC) gene promoterLaura E Rufibach
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Lipid Res 47:1463-77. 2006b>Hepatic lipase (HL) plays a key role in the metabolism of plasma lipoproteins, and its level of activity requires tight regulation, given the association of both low and high levels with atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease...
- Promoter polymorphisms of hepatic lipase gene influence HDL(2) but not HDL(3) in African American men: CARDIA studyS H Juo
Columbia Genome Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Lipid Res 42:258-64. 2001b>Hepatic lipase encoded by the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC) is involved in the metabolism of several lipoproteins...
- Identification of mouse and human macrophages as a site of synthesis of hepatic lipaseHerminia Gonzalez-Navarro
Molecular Disease Branch, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Lipid Res 43:671-5. 2002b>Hepatic lipase (HL) is synthesized by the liver and is also present in steroidogenic tissues...
- Sterol-regulatory-element binding protein inhibits upstream stimulatory factor-stimulated hepatic lipase gene expressionGert Jan Botma
COEUR Cardiovascular Research School, Department of Biochemistry, Erasmus MC, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 179:61-7. 2005b>Hepatic lipase (HL) not only plays an important role in plasma lipoprotein transport, but may also affect intracellular lipid metabolism...
- Interactions between hepatic lipase and apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms affect serum lipid profiles of healthy Canadian adultsKevin C M Wood
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 33:761-8. 2008The purpose of this study was to assess the individual and interactive effects between hepatic lipase (LIPC; C-514T, G-250A) and apolipoprotein E (APOE) (E2, E3, E4) gene polymorphisms on levels of plasma lipoprotein cholesterol and ..
- The -250G-->A polymorphism in the human hepatic lipase gene promoter affects blood lipids in ChineseShuiping Zhao
Department of Cardiology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, 86 Renmin Middle Road, Changsha, Hunan 410011, PR China
Clin Chim Acta 365:149-52. 2006Human hepatic lipase (HL) is a glycoprotein that catalyzes the hydrolysis of triglycerides and phospholipids in all major classes of lipoproteins...
- Hepatic lipase gene -514C/T polymorphism in the Guangxi Hei Yi Zhuang and Han populationsJinzhen Wu
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, 22 Shuangyong Road, 530021, Nanning, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Lipids 43:733-40. 2008..This study was designed to compare the difference in the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC) -514C/T polymorphism and its association with lipid profiles between the Guangxi Hei Yi Zhuang and ..
- Glucose increases hepatic lipase expression in HepG2 liver cells through upregulation of upstream stimulatory factors 1 and 2D van Deursen
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research School COEUR, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 51:2078-87. 2008Elevated hepatic lipase (HL, also known as LIPC) expression is a key factor in the development of the atherogenic lipid profile in type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance...
- Genetic polymorphisms affecting the phenotypic expression of familial hypercholesterolemiaStefano Bertolini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV 6, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Atherosclerosis 174:57-65. 2004..These findings show that several common genetic variants influence the lipid phenotype and the CAD risk in FH heterozygotes...
- Association between -250G/A polymorphism of the hepatic lipase gene promoter and coronary artery disease and HDL-C levels in a Southern Brazilian populationF M de Andrade
Departamento de Genetica, Instituto de Biociencias, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Clin Genet 65:390-5. 2004b>Hepatic lipase (HL) is a glycoprotein that plays a major role in remodeling high-density lipoprotein (HDL)...
- Hepatic lipase polymorphism and increased risk of peripheral arterial diseaseP Eller
Internal Medicine, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Intern Med 258:344-8. 2005b>Hepatic lipase plays a key role in the metabolism of pro-atherogenic and anti-atherogenic lipoproteins affecting their plasma level as well as their physico-chemical properties...
- Effect of gene polymorphisms on lipoprotein levels in patients with dyslipidemia of metabolic syndromeA Stancakova
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Faculty of Medicine, Safarik University, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Physiol Res 55:483-90. 2006..ester transfer protein (CETP) TaqIB polymorphism, lipoprotein lipase (LPL) PvuII and HindIII polymorphisms, hepatic lipase (LIPC) G-250A polymorphism and apolipoprotein C-III (APOC3) SstI gene polymorphism on lipid levels in ..
- [Association of the hepatic lipase gene -250G/A promoter polymorphism with the susceptibility to type 2 diabetes mellitus combining with coronary heart disease]Ming Wei
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhouì Henan, People s Republic of China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 26:219-22. 2009To investigate the association of hepatic lipase -250G/A gene promoter polymorphism with type 2 diabetes mellitus combining with coronary heart disease.
- Structure of the human hepatic triglyceride lipase geneS J Cai
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Biochemistry 28:8966-71. 1989..By primer extension, hepatic lipase mRNA initiates at an adenine 77 bases upstream of the translation initiation site...
- Common genetic variants that relate to disorders of lipid transport in Spanish subjects with premature coronary artery diseaseL Masana
Servei de Medicina Interna de Reus C, St Llorenc s n 43201, Reus, Spain
Clin Sci (Lond) 100:183-90. 2001Fifteen common polymorphic variants at six loci (apolipoproteins AI, B, CIII and E, hepatic lipase and lipoprotein lipase) involved in plasma lipid transport have been studied in 210 northern Spanish men, of whom 98 had proven coronary ..
- Lipoprotein lipase (C/G)447 polymorphism and blood pressure in the Stanislas CohortC Sass
Unité INSERM U 525, Centre de Medecine Preventive, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Hypertens 18:1775-81. 2000..We investigated whether the LPL (C/G)447 polymorphism was associated with blood pressure (BP) levels and longitudinal changes...
- Deficiency of choresteryl ester transfer protein and gene polymorphisms of lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase are not associated with longevityYasymichi Arai
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, 35, Shinanomachi, Shinjyuku ku, P O Box 160 8582, Tokyo, Japan
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:102-9. 2003..investigated the associations between polymorphisms of CETP (mutations in intron 14 and exon 15, and Taq1B), hepatic lipase (C-514T), lipoprotein lipase ( PvuII and HindIII), and ATP-binding cassette transporter 1 (R219K) loci and ..
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha is an essential regulator of bile acid and plasma cholesterol metabolismD Q Shih
Laboratorie of Metabolic Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 27:375-82. 2001..This is most likely due to reduced activity of the HDL-catabolic enzyme hepatic lipase (Lipc) and increased expression of HDL-cholesterol esterifying enzyme lecithin:cholesterol acyl transferase (..
- Upstream transcription factor 1 gene polymorphisms are associated with high antilipolytic insulin sensitivity and show gene-gene interactionsKonstantinos Kantartzis
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Nephrology, Vascular Medicine and Clinical Chemistry, University of Tubingen, Otfried Muller Str 10, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:55-61. 2007..USF1 specifically regulates the expression of the hormone-sensitive lipase gene (HSL) in adipocytes and the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC) in the liver, which was found to be involved in liver fat accumulation...
- A prospective randomized multicenter trial comparing histidine-tryptophane-ketoglutarate versus University of Wisconsin perfusion solution in clinical pancreas transplantationStefan Schneeberger
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Transpl Int 22:217-24. 2009..3% (HTK) vs. 100% (UW) (P = 0.397). With a mean cold ischemia time of 10 h in this study, HTK and UW solutions appear to be equally suitable for perfusion and organ preservation in clinical pancreas transplantation...
- Stimulatory release of hepatic lipase activity from rat hepatocytes by ruthenium redT Morita
2nd Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuyama University, Higashimura, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 23:549-54. 2000Ruthenium Red (RuR; ruthenium oxychloride ammoniated) stimulated the release of hepatic lipase (HTGL) activity from primary cultured rat hepatocytes into medium in a time- and dose-dependent manner...
- Characterization of sodium dodecylsulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis-separated M. agalactiae membrane antigens by mass spectrometryFranco Carta
Porto Conte Ricerche, S P Porto Conte Capo Caccia, 07041 Alghero SS, Italy
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 10:413-9. 2004..Only micro sequence data obtained by MS/MS allowed us to identify LipC, described as one of the most important Mycoplasma agalactiae antigens...
- [Identification of Regulatory Sequence of lip Genes of Phanerochaete chrysosporium under Lignin-degradation.]Ming Feng Jiang
College of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China, Email
Yi Chuan 27:435-41. 2005Eleven subcloned DNA fragments from the 5'- upstream region of lipA, lipC and lipF of Phanerochaete chrysosporium were assayed by using the gel mobility shift assay(GMSA). The total proteins extracted from P...
- Restored speech comprehension linked to activity in left inferior prefrontal and right temporal cortices in postlingual deafnessMalene Vejby Mortensen
PET Center, Aarhus University Hospital, 44 Norrebrogade, Aarhus 8000, Denmark
Neuroimage 31:842-52. 2006The left inferior prefrontal cortex (LIPC) is involved in speech comprehension by people who hear normally...
- Low-dose colestipol plus fenofibrate: effects on plasma lipoproteins, lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase, and postheparin lipases in familial hypercholesterolemiaP Weisweiler
Metabolic Research Munich, FRG
Metabolism 38:271-4. 1989Effects on plasma lipoproteins, lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT), and postheparin lipase (LPL and HTGL) activities were studied in 18 patients with familial hypercholesterolemia during 8-week treatment periods with colestipol (..
- Acute pancreatitis after embolization of liver tumors: frequency and associated risk factorsR Lopez-Benitez
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pancreatology 7:53-62. 2007..7%), but it has a significant morbidity and mortality potential if associated with other complications. It usually develops early within 24 h after the LE procedure...
- Solution behavior and activity of a halophilic esterase under high salt concentrationLang Rao
Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 4:e6980. 2009..Although the salt reliance and physiology of these extremophiles have been widely investigated, the molecular working mechanisms of their enzymes under salty conditions have been little explored...
- Dissociation of automatic and strategic lexical-semantics: functional magnetic resonance imaging evidence for differing roles of multiple frontotemporal regionsBrian T Gold
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Neurosci 26:6523-32. 2006..temporal gyrus (MTG), bilateral anterior cingulate, anterior left inferior prefrontal cortex (aLIPC), and posterior LIPC (pLIPC). These priming effects were explored in more detail in two subsequent studies...
- Relaxin prevents the development of severe acute pancreatitisLaura Iris Cosen-Binker
RHC LICB Medical Research Institute Buenos Aires, Argentina
World J Gastroenterol 12:1558-68. 2006..Relaxin is an insulin-like hormone that has been attributed vasorelaxant properties via the nitric oxide pathway while behaving as a glucocorticoid receptor agonist...
- Differentiation of three biotypes of Malassezia species on human normal skin. correspondence with M. globosa, M. sympodialis and M. restrictaC Aspiroz
Departamento de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Zaragoza, Spain
Mycopathologia 145:69-74. 1999..ovale (oval yeast cells with a broad budding base, located mainly on the scalp). Pleomorphic biotype 2/M. sympodialis, most frequently found in the back, does not clearly fit into any of the Pityrosporum species...
- Influence of nitric oxide-donating nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on the evolution of acute pancreatitisLaura Iris Cosen-Binker
Programa de Estudios Pancreáticos, Hospital de Clinicas, Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Shock 25:190-203. 2006..AP severity was significantly ameliorated by NO-NSAIDs being the administration time essential to achieve optimal pancreatic protection that may result to be useful in the prevention of postendoscopic severe AP...
- Hydrogen storage based on physisorptionL G Scanlon
Air Force Research Laboratory, Electrochemistry and Thermal Sciences Branch, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433, USA
J Phys Chem B 113:4708-17. 2009..dilithium phthalocyanine (Li(2)Pc, C(32)H(16)Li(2)N(8)), tetrabutylammonium lithium phthalocyanine (TBA-LiPc, C(48)H(52)LiN(9)), and tetramethylammonium lithium phthalocyanine (TMA-LiPc, C(36)H(28)LiN(9))...
- Effects of prefrontal lesions on lexical processing and repetition priming: an ERP studyD Swick
Department of Neurology and Center for Neuroscience, University of California in Davis and Veterans Affairs Medical Center VANCHCS, 150 Muir Rd, Martinez, CA 94553, USA
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 7:143-57. 1998..Functional neuroimaging experiments have reported blood flow changes in left inferior prefrontal cortex (LIPC) during tasks that involve word retrieval and semantic processing...
- Frequency and characteristics of pancreatitis in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseMarc Barthet
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Hopital Nord, Chemin des Bourrely, Marseille, France
Pancreatology 6:464-71. 2006..The aim of this study was to describe the radiological and biological features of IBD-associated pancreatitis and assess its frequency by comparing data from IBD patients with or without a history of pancreatitis...
- The effect of inbreeding on the distribution of compound heterozygotes: a lesson from Lipase H mutations in autosomal recessive woolly hair/hypotrichosisLynn Petukhova
Department of Dermatology, School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, N Y 10032, USA
Hum Hered 68:117-30. 2009..that underlie autosomal recessive woolly hair (ARWH/hypotrichosis; OMIM278150), specifically P2RY5 and Lipase H (LIPH)...
- Tributyrin specifically induces a lipase with a preference for the sn-2 position of triglyceride in Geotrichum sp. FO401BY Ota
Department of Applied Biochemistry, Faculty of Applied Biological Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:2497-9. 2000..Lipase C hydrolysed natural fats except sardine oil preferentially at the sn-2 position, but it showed little stereoselectivity for triolein...
- Variability in postheparin hepatic lipase activity is associated with plasma adiponectin levels in African AmericansJacob J Clarenbach
Center for Human Nutrition, Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Metabolic Unit, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Investig Med 55:187-94. 2007..The higher than expected HDL-C levels are usually attributed to low levels of hepatic triglyceride lipase (HTGL) activity. Factors that regulate HTGL in African Americans are not well delineated.
- Lipoprotein abnormalities in diabetic nephropathyT Hirano
First Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Kidney Int Suppl 71:S22-4. 1999..This study included: middle-aged to older type 2 diabetic patients with normoalbuminuria, microalbuminuria, and overt albuminuria; nondiabetic patients with primary renal disease; and normal control subjects...
- Differential behaviour of Pseudomonas sp. 42A2 LipC, a lipase showing greater versatility than its counterpart LipACristina Bofill
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Barcelona, Av Diagonal 645, Barcelona, Spain
Biochimie 92:307-16. 2010..1 and I.2 allowed isolation of two secreted lipase genes, lipA and lipC, highly homologous to those of Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1...
- In vitro analysis of LIPH mutations causing hypotrichosis simplex: evidence confirming the role of lipase H and lysophosphatidic acid in hair growthSandra M Pasternack
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn D 53111, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:2772-6. 2009..Hair loss usually begins in early childhood, and is diffuse and progressive. Mutations in LIPH, which encodes lipase member H, have recently been shown to cause an autosomal-recessive form of HS...
- A novel deletion mutation in LIPH gene causes autosomal recessive hypotrichosis (LAH2)M Jelani
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Clin Genet 74:184-8. 2008..1, 3q27.3, and 13q14.11-q21.32, respectively. For these three loci, two genes DSG4 for LAH1 and LIPH for LAH2 have been identified. To date, only five mutations in DSG4 and two in LIPH genes have been reported...
- Prevalent LIPH founder mutations lead to loss of P2Y5 activation ability of PA-PLA1alpha in autosomal recessive hypotrichosisSatoru Shinkuma
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Hum Mutat 31:602-10. 2010..Three genes, DSG4, LIPH, and LPAR6 (P2RY5), have been reported to underlie ARH...
- fMRI evidence of word frequency and strength effects during episodic memory encodingGreig I de Zubicaray
Centre for Magnetic Resonance, The University of Queensland, QLD 4072, Australia
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 22:439-50. 2005..Mem. Lang. 49 (2003) 231-248]. The increased BOLD responses observed in the left inferior prefrontal cortex (LIPC) for the WF effect provide support for an AE account...
- Phosphinidene complexes of scandium: powerful par group-transfer vehicles to organic and inorganic substratesBenjamin F Wicker
Department of Chemistry and Molecular Structure Center, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405
J Am Chem Soc 132:3691-3. 2010..When complex (PNP)Sc(CH(3))Br (1) is treated with 1 equiv of LiPH[Trip] (Trip = 2,4,6-(i)Pr(3)C(6)H(2)), the dinuclear scandium phosphinidene complex [(PNP)Sc(mu(2)-P[Trip])](2) (2) ..
- Hyperamylasemia of uncertain significance associated with oral double-balloon enteroscopyMarcela Kopacova
2nd Department of Medicine, Charles University in Praha, Faculty of Medicine at Hradec Kralove, University Teaching Hospital, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Gastrointest Endosc 66:1133-8. 2007..Double-balloon enterocopy (DBE) is still under evaluation, including its yield and safety aspects...
- The effect of whole grain wheat sourdough bread consumption on serum lipids in healthy normoglycemic/normoinsulinemic and hyperglycemic/hyperinsulinemic adults depends on presence of the APOE E3/E3 genotype: a randomized controlled trialAmy J Tucker
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1G 2W1
Nutr Metab (Lond) 7:37. 2010..Epidemiological studies associate consumption of whole grain foods, including breads, with reduced cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk; however, few studies have compared wheat whole grains with wheat refined grains...
- Extracellular enzymes affect biofilm formation of mucoid Pseudomonas aeruginosaPetra Tielen
University of Duisburg Essen, Faculty of Chemistry, Biofilm Centre, Department of Aquatic Microbiology, Geibelstrasse 41, D 47057 Duisburg, Germany
Microbiology 156:2239-52. 2010..Overexpression of the extracellular lipases LipA and LipC, the esterase EstA and the proteolytic elastase LasB from plasmids revealed that some of these hydrolases affected ..
- Gene-centric association signals for lipids and apolipoproteins identified via the HumanCVD BeadChipPhilippa J Talmud
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, University College London, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Am J Hum Genet 85:628-42. 2009..and the APOA5-A4-C3-A1 cluster; SNPs associated with HDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein AI were in CETP, LPL, LIPC, APOA5-A4-C3-A1, and ABCA1; and SNPs associated with triglycerides in GCKR, BAZ1B, MLXIPL, LPL, and APOA5-A4-C3-A1...
- A mutation in the lipase H (LIPH) gene underlie autosomal recessive hypotrichosisGhazanfar Ali
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Hum Genet 121:319-25. 2007..Recently, a deletion mutation in Lipase H (LIPH) gene, located at AH locus, has been identified in two ethnic groups of Russian population...
- GRB-7 facilitates HER-2/Neu-mediated signal transduction and tumor formationTao Bai
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:473-9. 2008..GRB-7 over-expression therefore plays pivotal roles in activating signal transduction and promoting tumor growth in breast cancer cells with chromosome 17q11-21 amplification...
- The hormone-sensitive lipase C-60G promoter polymorphism is associated with increased waist circumference in normal-weight subjectsE Carlsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:1442-8. 2006..The aim of the present study was to investigate the role of the HSL gene promoter variant C-60G, a polymorphism which previously has been associated with reduced promoter activity in vitro, in obesity and type 2 diabetes...
- Granule cell neurogenesis after status epilepticus in the immature rat brainR Sankar
Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
Epilepsia 41:S53-6. 2000..We investigated seizure-induced granule cell neurogenesis in developing rat pups to study the association between hilar injury, granule cell neurogenesis, and epilepsy...
- Relationship of lipoprotein lipase and hepatic triacylglycerol lipase activity to serum adiponectin levels in Japanese hyperlipidemic menJ Kobayashi
Department of Lifestyle related Disease, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Takara machi 13 1, Japan
Horm Metab Res 37:505-9. 2005The aim of this study was to determine how lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and hepatic triacylglycerol lipase (HTGL) activity relate to serum adiponectin levels.
- A nondestructive technique to determine the rate of oxygen permeation into solid dosage formsL A Felton
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, College of Pharmacy, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 11:141-7. 2006..Lithium phthalocyanine crystals (LiPC) were placed inside the dosage forms...
- Genes, diet and serum lipid concentrations: lessons from ethnically diverse populations and their relevance to coronary heart disease in AsiaE Shyong Tai
Department of Endocrinology, Singapore General Hospital, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Curr Opin Lipidol 15:5-12. 2004..Although all ethnic groups have been affected, some appear to be at particularly high risk. The basis of these ethnic differences remains poorly understood...
- Mutations in lipase H cause autosomal recessive hypotrichosis simplex with woolly hairLiran Horev
Department of Dermatology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Am Acad Dermatol 61:813-8. 2009Mutations in lipase H (LIPH) are a rare cause of autosomal recessive hypotrichosis (HT) simplex.
- Epileptogenesis during development: injury, circuit recruitment, and plasticityRaman Sankar
Department of Pediatrics, 22 474 MDCC, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Epilepsia 43:47-53. 2002..To use animal models of variable seizure induction in rats at different developmental stages to determine contributing factors for spontaneous seizures resulting from status epilepticus (SE) early in life...
- Novel mutations in the P2RY5 gene in one Turkish and two Indian patients presenting with hypotrichosis and woolly hairSandra M Pasternack
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Arch Dermatol Res 301:621-4. 2009..We and others have previously reported mutations in the P2RY5 gene and the LIPH gene as being causal factors of autosomal recessive hypotrichosis simplex with or without woolly hair...
- A large duplication in LIPH underlies autosomal recessive hypotrichosis simplex in four Middle Eastern familiesSagi Nahum
Laboratory of Molecular Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Rambam Medical Center, Rambam Health Care Campus, POB 9602, 31096, Haifa, Israel
Arch Dermatol Res 301:391-3. 2009..microsatellite markers spanning all ARHS-associated loci and obtained data suggesting linkage to 3q27, encompassing LIPH, which had previously been shown to be associated with ARHS...
- Functional relevance of the disulfide-linked complex of the N-terminal PDZ domain of InaD with NorpAM E Kimple
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
EMBO J 20:4414-22. 2001....
- Inhibitory effect of nicotinamide on enzymatic activity of selected fungal strains causing skin infectionAnna Ciebiada-Adamiec
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Polish Mother s Hospital Research Institute, Łódź, Poland
Mycoses 53:204-7. 2010..rubrum strains. Thus, nicotinamide exhibited biological activity towards C. albicans, T. rubrum and Trichophyton mentagrophytes, which resulted in a decrease in the activity of enzymes produced by the fungi...
- A case of adolescent hyperlipoproteinemia with xanthoma and acute pancreatitis, associated with decreased activities of lipoprotein lipase and hepatic triglyceride lipaseKoichi Fujita
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Intern Med 49:2467-72. 2010Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and hepatic triglyceride lipase (HTGL) enhance the hydrolysis of triglycerides (TG) transported by chylomicron (CM) and very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL)...
- Assignment of the cellular retinol binding protein 1 (Rbp1) and hepatic lipase (Lipc) genes to rat chromosome 8M Pravenec
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Folia Biol (Praha) 43:97-9. 1997Genes for the cellular retinol binding protein 1 (Rbp1) and hepatic lipase (Lipc) were assigned to chromosome 8 of the rat by the PCR analysis of somatic cell hybrids...
- Mutations in the lipase H gene underlie autosomal recessive woolly hair/hypotrichosisYutaka Shimomura
Department of Dermatology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:622-8. 2009..This region contains the lipase H (LIPH) gene which has been recently shown to underlie an autosomal-recessive form of hypotrichosis...
- Detection of missense mutations in the genes for lipoprotein lipase and hepatic triglyceride lipase in patients with dyslipidemia undergoing coronary angiographyG Moennig
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Westfalische Wilhelms University, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, D 48149, Munster, Germany
Atherosclerosis 149:395-401. 2000..triglycerides, we have tested the hypothesis that mutations in the genes encoding lipoprotein lipase (LPL) or hepatic lipase (HTGL) may contribute to the formation of coronary atherosclerosis and, thus, of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Lymphocytic infundibulo-neurohypophysitis and infundibulo-panhypophysitis regarded as lymphocytic hypophysitis variantTakumi Abe
Department of Neurosurgery, Showa University School of Medicine, 5 8 Hatanodai 1, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 25:59-66. 2008..Some of them showed partial hypopituitarism. The so-called lymphocytic infundibulo-panhypophysitis (LIPH) is now regarded as a lymphocytic hypophysitis variant. LINH and LIPH are essentially self-limited...
- GENETICS & REGULATION OF HEPATIC LIPASESamir Deeb; Fiscal Year: 2001The long-term goals of this proposal are to define mechanisms of regulation of hepatic lipase (HL) levels and to determine how genetic variation at the HL gene locus modulates these levels under a variety of physiological and pathological ..
- GENE/DIET EFFECTS ON PLASMA LIPOPROTEIN LEVELSJose Ordovas; Fiscal Year: 2007..A key determinant of HDL metabolism is hepatic lipase (HL), an enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of triglycerides and phospholipids in lipoproteins...
- GENE/DIET EFFECTS ON PLASMA LIPOPROTEIN LEVELSJose Ordovas; Fiscal Year: 2009..A key determinant of HDL metabolism is hepatic lipase (HL), an enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of triglycerides and phospholipids in lipoproteins...
- GENE/DIET EFFECTS ON PLASMA LIPOPROTEIN LEVELSJose M Ordovas; Fiscal Year: 2010..A key determinant of HDL metabolism is hepatic lipase (HL), an enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of triglycerides and phospholipids in lipoproteins...
- Heat Shock Proteins, Nitric Oxide and Oxygen Consumption in the HeartGovindasamy Ilangovan; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose to use electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) oximetry with high sensitive LiPc microcrystals as probe and specially designed EPR instrumentation, to directly measure oxygen consumption in normal,..
- Heat Shock Proteins, Nitric Oxide and Oxygen Consumption in the HeartGovindasamy Ilangovan; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to use electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) oximetry with high sensitive LiPc microcrystals as probe and specially designed EPR instrumentation, to directly measure oxygen consumption in normal,..
- MICROPUNCTURE STUDY OF KIDNEY FUNCTIONWilliam Arendshorst; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Mapping adiposity genes in miceDANIELLE REED; Fiscal Year: 2009..current Adip5 confidence interval, there are several credible candidate genes (Bbs4, Cpy19a1, Crabp1, Cplx3, Il18, Lipc, Nedd4), as well as dozens of genes and noncoding RNA of unknown function...
- Mapping adiposity genes in miceDANIELLE RENEE REED; Fiscal Year: 2010..current Adip5 confidence interval, there are several credible candidate genes (Bbs4, Cpy19a1, Crabp1, Cplx3, Il18, Lipc, Nedd4), as well as dozens of genes and noncoding RNA of unknown function...
- GENETICS OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN MEXICAN AMERICANSJohn Blangero; Fiscal Year: 2007..for linkage signals for leptin and HDL2a in chromosomal regions with strong positional candidates genes (POMC and LIPC, respectively)...
- Mapping adiposity genes in miceDANIELLE RENEE REED; Fiscal Year: 2010..current Adip5 confidence interval, there are several credible candidate genes (Bbs4, Cpy19a1, Crabp1, Cplx3, Il18, Lipc, Nedd4), as well as dozens of genes and noncoding RNA of unknown function...
- WORKING MEMORY AND PHONOLOGICAL REPRESENTATIONANTHONY WAGNER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The first specific aim is to test whether brain regions subserving the phonological loop-left inferior prefrontal (LIPC) and left perisylvian (LPSC) cortices-differentially support the generation of novel phonological representations...
- Genetics, Lipids, and Responses to Exercise TrainingAmy Halverstadt; Fiscal Year: 2006The proposed study will assess and characterize new genetic variants in LIPH and APOL1 that may relate to plasma lipoprotein lipid levels and their changes with exercise training...
- Epileptogenicity in the Developing BrainRaman Sankar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our findings will provide the basis for future neuroprotective interventions targeting the developing brain at different stages of status epilepticus in order to interrupt the course of the epileptogenic process. ..
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWMOLLY CARR; Fiscal Year: 2004..The mechanisms underlying the changes in LDL size will also be studied by measuring hepatic lipase activity, cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) activity, triglyceride (TG) levels, body fat distribution ..
- The Role of Hepatic Lipase in Cholesterol HomeostatisHELEN DICHEK; Fiscal Year: 2005The enzyme hepatic lipase (HL) is central to cholesterol homeostasis. HL participates in the regulation of plasma cholesterol levels, a major risk factor for atherosclerosis...
- Genetics of atherosclerosis in renal diseaseMuredach P Reilly; Fiscal Year: 2010....