Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LEF1
Description: lymphoid enhancer-binding factor 1
Alias: LEF-1, TCF10, TCF1ALPHA, TCF7L3, T cell-specific transcription factor 1-alpha, TCF1-alpha
Publications181 found, 100 shown here
- The human LEF-1 gene contains a promoter preferentially active in lymphocytes and encodes multiple isoforms derived from alternative splicingK Hovanes
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4025, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 28:1994-2003. 2000..The promoter is most active in a B lymphocyte cell line (Raji) in which the endogenous LEF-1 gene is silent, suggesting that the promoter region is actively repressed by a silencing mechanism...
- PIASy, a nuclear matrix-associated SUMO E3 ligase, represses LEF1 activity by sequestration into nuclear bodiesS Sachdev
Gene Center and Institute of Biochemistry, University of Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
Genes Dev 15:3088-103. 2001The Wnt-responsive transcription factor LEF1 can activate transcription in association with beta-catenin and repress transcription in association with Groucho...
- Functional interaction of beta-catenin with the transcription factor LEF-1J Behrens
Max Delbruck Centre for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Nature 382:638-42. 1996..Thus beta-catenin regulates gene expression by direct interaction with transcription factors such as LEF-1, providing a molecular mechanism for the transmission of signals, from cell-adhesion components or wnt protein to the nucleus...
- Phosphorylation of TCF proteins by homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 2Hiroki Hikasa
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 286:12093-100. 2011..We show that the TCF family members LEF1, TCF4, and TCF3 are phosphorylated in embryonic ectoderm after Wnt8 stimulation and HIPK2 overexpression...
- ALY, a context-dependent coactivator of LEF-1 and AML-1, is required for TCRalpha enhancer functionL Bruhn
Department of Microbiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0414, USA
Genes Dev 11:640-53. 1997..We propose that ALY mediates context-dependent transcriptional activation by facilitating the functional collaboration of multiple proteins in the TCR alpha enhancer complex...
- Lef-1 isoforms regulate different target genes and reduce cellular adhesionSarah Jesse
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Int J Cancer 126:1109-20. 2010..Our findings indicate that expression of alternatively spliced Lef-1 isoforms is involved in the determination of proliferative or migratory characteristics of pancreatic carcinoma cells...
- A thymus-specific member of the HMG protein family regulates the human T cell receptor C alpha enhancerM L Waterman
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
Genes Dev 5:656-69. 1991..TCF-1 alpha is currently unique among the newly emerging family of DNA-binding regulatory proteins that share the HMG motif in that it is a highly tissue-specific RNA polymerase II transcription factor...
- The nuclear localization signal of lymphoid enhancer factor-1 is recognized by two differentially expressed Srp1-nuclear localization sequence receptor proteinsM G Prieve
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Irvine, 92717 4025, USA
J Biol Chem 271:7654-8. 1996..We find a surprising and significant difference in the expression pattern of pendulin and mSrp1 mRNA, suggesting that these two Srp1 proteins are distinguishable in function as well as sequence...
- Identification of a promoter-specific transcriptional activation domain at the C terminus of the Wnt effector protein T-cell factor 4Andreas Hecht
Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Stubeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:3776-85. 2003..We found that TCF4E but not LEF1 supported beta-catenin-dependent activation of the Cdx1 promoter, whereas LEF1 specifically activated the Siamois ..
- Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor interacts with LEF-1, a mediator of Wnt signalingKen ichi Yasumoto
Department of Molecular Biology and Applied Physiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8575, Japan
EMBO J 21:2703-14. 2002..This study therefore suggests that the MITF/TFE3 family is a new class of nuclear modulators for LEF-1, which may ensure efficient propagation of Wnt signals in many types of cells...
- Id-1 activates Akt-mediated Wnt signaling and p27(Kip1) phosphorylation through PTEN inhibitionJ Y Lee
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seongdong Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Oncogene 28:824-31. 2009....
- Differential importin-alpha recognition and nuclear transport by nuclear localization signals within the high-mobility-group DNA binding domains of lymphoid enhancer factor 1 and T-cell factor 1M G Prieve
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 4025, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:4819-32. 1998..GFP-LEF-1 readily localizes to the nucleus, whereas GFP-TCF-1 remains in the cytoplasm. Thus, LEF-1 and TCF-1 differ in several aspects of nuclear localization...
- Human naive CD8 T cells down-regulate expression of the WNT pathway transcription factors lymphoid enhancer binding factor 1 and transcription factor 7 (T cell factor-1) following antigen encounter in vitro and in vivoTim Willinger
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Immunol 176:1439-46. 2006The transcription factors lymphoid enhancer binding factor 1 (LEF1) and transcription factor 7 (TCF7) (T cell factor-1 (TCF-1)) are downstream effectors of the WNT signaling pathway, which is a critical regulator of T cell development in ..
- An internal ribosome entry site mediates translation of lymphoid enhancer factor-1Judith Jimenez
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4025, USA
RNA 11:1385-99. 2005The lymphoid enhancer factor-1 LEF1 locus produces multiple mRNAs via alternative promoters. Full-length LEF-1 protein is produced via translation of an mRNA with a 1...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 induces Lef/Tcf-dependent transcription in human endothelial cellsWolfgang Holnthoner
Department of Dermatology, Division of General Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 277:45847-53. 2002..In conclusion, FGF-2 is a novel modulator of Lef/Tcf-beta-catenin signaling in endothelial cells, suggesting that angiogenic properties of FGF-2 are at least in part mediated by Lef/Tcf-beta-catenin activation...
- Transcriptional repression by AML1 and LEF-1 is mediated by the TLE/Groucho corepressorsD Levanon
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:11590-5. 1998..These data indicate that, in addition to their activity as transcriptional activators, AML1 and LEF-1 can act, through recruitment of the corepressor TLE1, as transcriptional repressors in TCR regulation and Wnt/Wg signaling...
- Lymphoid enhancer factor interacts with GATA-3 and controls its function in T helper type 2 cellsMohammad B Hossain
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan
Immunology 125:377-86. 2008..These results suggest that LEF-1 is involved in the GATA-3 complex, while also regulating the GATA-3 function, such as the induction of Th2 cytokine expression via the inhibition of the DNA-binding activity of GATA-3...
- LEF-1 is a decisive transcription factor in neutrophil granulopoiesisJulia Skokowa
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1106:143-51. 2007..In summary we demonstrated that LEF-1 is not only crucial in lymphopoiesis, but also in myelopoiesis, documenting new functions of LEF-1...
- LEF-1 is a prosurvival factor in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and is expressed in the preleukemic state of monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosisAlbert Gutierrez
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 116:2975-83. 2010..aberrant expression of the Wnt pathway transcription factor and target gene lymphoid enhancer binding factor-1 (LEF1) in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)...
- Nkx3-1 and LEF-1 function as transcriptional inhibitors of estrogen receptor activityKelly A Holmes
Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 68:7380-5. 2008..These data provide insight into the role of Nkx3-1 and LEF-1 as potential regulators of the hormone response in breast cancer...
- The EWS/FLI1 oncogenic protein inhibits expression of the Wnt inhibitor DICKKOPF-1 gene and antagonizes beta-catenin/TCF-mediated transcriptionDiego Navarro
Departamento de Biología del Cáncer, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Arturo Duperier 4, E 28029, Madrid, Spain
Carcinogenesis 31:394-401. 2010..Our results show that EWS/FLI1 inhibits both DKK-1 expression as well as beta-catenin/TCF-dependent transcription, which could contribute to progression of tumours of the Ewing family...
- Neutrophil elastase is severely down-regulated in severe congenital neutropenia independent of ELA2 or HAX1 mutations but dependent on LEF-1Julia Skokowa
Department of Molecular Hematopoiesis, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Blood 114:3044-51. 2009..ELA2 gene promoter is positively regulated by the direct binding of LEF-1 or C/EBPalpha, documenting the role of LEF1 in the diminished ELA2 expression...
- Caveolin-1-mediated suppression of cyclooxygenase-2 via a beta-catenin-Tcf/Lef-dependent transcriptional mechanism reduced prostaglandin E2 production and survivin expressionDiego A Rodriguez
Fondo de Investigación Avanzada en Areas Prioritarias, Center for Molecular Studies of the Cell, Departmento de Cirugia, Hospital Clinico, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Mol Biol Cell 20:2297-310. 2009....
- LEF-1, a gene encoding a lymphoid-specific protein with an HMG domain, regulates T-cell receptor alpha enhancer function [corrected]A Travis
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0414
Genes Dev 5:880-94. 1991..Moreover, forced expression of recombinant LEF-1 in late stage B cells increases TCR alpha enhancer function. Taken together, these data suggest that LEF-1 is a regulatory participant in lymphocyte gene expression and differentiation...
- Notch1 co-opts lymphoid enhancer factor 1 for survival of murine T-cell lymphomasChristina Spaulding
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 110:2650-8. 2007..Here, we report that expression of the transcription factor lymphoid enhancer factor 1 (Lef1) is Notch dependent in murine T-cell lymphomas in vitro and in vivo, and that the intracellular domain of Notch1 (..
- Direct evidence for a role of beta-catenin/LEF-1 signaling pathway in induction of EMTKwonseop Kim
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell Biol Int 26:463-76. 2002..Normal adult epithelial cells appear to use APC to keep beta-catenin out of the nucleus, thereby avoiding pathologies such as metastases due to LEF/beta-catenin-induced EMT...
- NARF, an nemo-like kinase (NLK)-associated ring finger protein regulates the ubiquitylation and degradation of T cell factor/lymphoid enhancer factor (TCF/LEF)Misato Yamada
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Medical Research Institute and School of Biomedical Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, JST, Chiyoda ku, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:20749-60. 2006..Collectively, our findings raise the possibility that NARF functions as a novel ubiquitin-ligase to suppress the Wnt-beta-catenin signaling...
- LEF-1 is crucial for neutrophil granulocytopoiesis and its expression is severely reduced in congenital neutropeniaJulia Skokowa
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nat Med 12:1191-7. 2006..These observations indicate that LEF-1 is an instructive factor regulating neutrophilic granulopoiesis whose absence plays a critical role in the defective maturation program of myeloid progenitors in individuals with CN...
- Wnt signaling during BMP-2 stimulation of mesenchymal chondrogenesisLeslie Fischer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Graduate Programs of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Cell and Tissue Engineering, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Cell Biochem 84:816-31. 2002..We suggest that the chondro-inhibitory effect of lithium on BMP-2 induced chondrogenesis indicates antagonism between lithium-like Wnts and BMP-2 during mesenchymal condensation...
- Wnt pathway component LEF1 mediates tumor cell invasion and is expressed in human and murine breast cancers lacking ErbB2 (her-2/neu) overexpressionAnthony Nguyen
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Int J Oncol 27:949-56. 2005This study examines the role of LEF1, a component of the Wnt signaling pathway, in human breast and murine mammary carcinoma and its relationship to ErbB2 (her-2/neu) expression...
- Induction of a beta-catenin-LEF-1 complex by wnt-1 and transforming mutants of beta-cateninE Porfiri
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, California 94806, USA
Oncogene 15:2833-9. 1997..The analysis of several cell lines revealed the expression of LEF1 mRNA and a constitutive association of the LEF-1 protein with beta-catenin...
- LEF-1 negatively controls interleukin-4 expression through a proximal promoter regulatory elementDaniel Hebenstreit
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Salzburg, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Biol Chem 283:22490-7. 2008..Furthermore, we found that IL-4 stimulation possesses a negative effect on the expressions of LEF-1 and TCF-1 in primary T cells, suggesting a positive feedback effect of IL-4 on IL4 gene expression...
- Beta-catenin directly displaces Groucho/TLE repressors from Tcf/Lef in Wnt-mediated transcription activationDanette L Daniels
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, 299 Campus Drive West, Stanford, California 94305 5126, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:364-71. 2005....
- Differential modulation of TCF/LEF-1 activity by the soluble LRP6-ICDBrandon Beagle
Department of Anesthesiology and Pharmacology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11821. 2010..These results suggest that LRP6-ICD can differentially modulate Wnt pathway transcriptional activity depending upon its subcellular localization and differential protein-protein interactions...
- Nemo-like kinase induces apoptosis in DLD-1 human colon cancer cellsJun Yasuda
Cancer Transcriptome Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 308:227-33. 2003..Apoptosis induction by wild-type NLK was confirmed using TUNEL assays. Our results suggest that overexpression of NLK may have targets other than TCF for induction of apoptosis in human colon carcinoma cells...
- Smad4 cooperates with lymphoid enhancer-binding factor 1/T cell-specific factor to increase c-myc expression in the absence of TGF-beta signalingS Kyun Lim
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research and Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18580-5. 2006..tumor-derived mutant Smad4 proteins that fail to mediate TGF-beta responses were still competent to cooperate with LEF1 to activate the c-myc promoter...
- Nr-CAM is a target gene of the beta-catenin/LEF-1 pathway in melanoma and colon cancer and its expression enhances motility and confers tumorigenesisMaralice E Conacci-Sorrell
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Genes Dev 16:2058-72. 2002..The results indicate that induction of Nr-CAM transcription by beta-catenin or plakoglobin plays a role in melanoma and colon cancer tumorigenesis, probably by promoting cell growth and motility...
- Groucho binds two conserved regions of LEF-1 for HDAC-dependent repressionLAURA ARCE
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4025, USA
BMC Cancer 9:159. 2009..The molecular events involved in this competitive interaction are not defined and the actions of Groucho/TLEs within the context of Wnt-linked cancer are unknown...
- Ets gene PEA3 cooperates with beta-catenin-Lef-1 and c-Jun in regulation of osteopontin transcriptionMohamed El-Tanani
Department of Surgery, Cancer Research Centre, Queen s University of Belfast, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BJ, N Ireland, UK
J Biol Chem 279:20794-806. 2004..These results suggest that the presence of these transcription factors in human breast cancer is responsible in part for the overexpression of OPN that, in turn, is implicated in mammary neoplastic progression and metastasis...
- Wnt-responsive element controls Lef-1 promoter expression during submucosal gland morphogenesisRyan R Driskell
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 287:L752-63. 2004..These findings suggest that Wnt regulation of the Lef-1 promoter at the WRE may play an important role during airway submucosal glandular bud formation...
- Chromatin-specific regulation of LEF-1-beta-catenin transcription activation and inhibition in vitroA V Tutter
Regulatory Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 15:3342-54. 2001..We conclude that the CT-ARM region of beta-catenin functions as a chromatin-specific activation domain, and that several inhibitors of the Wnt/Wg pathway directly modulate LEF-1-beta-cat activity on chromatin...
- Association of Smads with lymphoid enhancer binding factor 1/T cell-specific factor mediates cooperative signaling by the transforming growth factor-beta and wnt pathwaysE Labbe
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5S 1A8
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:8358-63. 2000..by the DNA-binding HMG box transcription factors lymphoid enhancer binding factor 1/T cell-specific factor (LEF1/TCF) and their coactivator beta-catenin...
- PITX2 and beta-catenin interactions regulate Lef-1 isoform expressionMelanie Amen
Texas A and M Health Science Center, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, 2121 W Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7560-73. 2007..These data support a role for PITX2 in cell proliferation, migration, and cell division through differential Lef-1 isoform expression and interactions with Lef-1 and beta-catenin...
- Wnt-3A/beta-catenin signaling induces transcription from the LEF-1 promoterMohammed Filali
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 277:33398-410. 2002..In summary, these results provide evidence for transcriptional regulation of the LEF-1 promoter by Wnt and enhance the mechanistic understanding of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the regulation of LEF-1-dependent developmental processes...
- Protein phosphatase 2Calpha dephosphorylates axin and activates LEF-1-dependent transcriptionE T Strovel
Division of Human Genetics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2399-403. 2000..PP2C utilizes Axin as a substrate both in vitro and in vivo and decreases its half-life. These results indicate that PP2C is a positive regulator of Wnt signal transduction and mediates its effects through the dephosphorylation of Axin...
- LEF-1 activates the transcription of E2F1Fangfang Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:149-53. 2008....
- A novel role for Lef-1, a central transcription mediator of Wnt signaling, in leukemogenesisKonstantin Petropoulos
Department of Medicine III, Klinikum Grosshadern, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Exp Med 205:515-22. 2008..These data indicate a thus far unknown role of Lef-1 in the biology of acute leukemia, pointing to the necessity of balanced Lef-1 expression for an ordered hematopoietic development...
- Lymphoid enhancer factor 1 directs hair follicle patterning and epithelial cell fateP Zhou
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Dev 9:700-13. 1995..Collectively, our findings demonstrate that ectodermal expression of LEF-1 plays a central role in gene expression, pattern formation, and other developmental processes involving epithelial-mesenchymal associations...
- Lymphoid enhancer factor-1 and beta-catenin inhibit Runx2-dependent transcriptional activation of the osteocalcin promoterRachel A Kahler
University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Graduate Program in Microbiology, Immunology and Cancer Biology, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11937-44. 2003..A functional binding site for the high mobility group protein lymphoid enhancer-binding factor 1 (LEF1) was found adjacent to the proximal Runx2-binding site in the osteocalcin promoter...
- Development of several organs that require inductive epithelial-mesenchymal interactions is impaired in LEF-1-deficient miceC van Genderen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0414
Genes Dev 8:2691-703. 1994..Together, the pattern of these defects suggest an essential role for LEF-1 in the formation of several organs and structures that require inductive tissue interactions...
- Gene-expression profiles of a hepatitis B small surface antigen-secreting cell line reveal upregulation of lymphoid enhancer-binding factor 1Xiaochen Tian
Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Virology, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Gen Virol 88:2966-76. 2007....
- Identification and cloning of TCF-1, a T lymphocyte-specific transcription factor containing a sequence-specific HMG boxM van de Wetering
Department of Clinical Immunology, University Hospital Utrecht, The Netherlands
EMBO J 10:123-32. 1991..These results identify TCF-1 as a T cell-specific transcription factor, which might play a role in the establishment of the mature T cell phenotype...
- Regulation of lymphoid enhancer factor 1/T-cell factor by mitogen-activated protein kinase-related Nemo-like kinase-dependent phosphorylation in Wnt/beta-catenin signalingTohru Ishitani
Department of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, and CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 23:1379-89. 2003..These results suggest that NLK phosphorylation on these sites contributes to the down-regulation of LEF-1/TCF transcriptional activity...
- LEF1 in androgen-independent prostate cancer: regulation of androgen receptor expression, prostate cancer growth, and invasionYirong Li
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10010, USA
Cancer Res 69:3332-8. 2009..In this study, we examined LEF1 expression in androgen-independent cancer as well as its regulation of androgen receptor (AR) expression, prostate ..
- All Tcf HMG box transcription factors interact with Groucho-related co-repressorsH Brantjes
Department of Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 29:1410-9. 2001..Although Grg-5 contains the GP homology domain that mediates HDAC binding in long Grg proteins, Grg-5 fails to bind this co-repressor, explaining how it can de-repress transcription...
- Beta-catenin-sensitive isoforms of lymphoid enhancer factor-1 are selectively expressed in colon cancerK Hovanes
Microbiology and Molecular Genetics Department, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Nat Genet 28:53-7. 2001..allowing it to accumulate in the nucleus and form complexes with any member of the lymphoid enhancer factor (LEF1) and T-cell factor (TCF1, TCF3, TCF4) family of transcription factors (referred to collectively as LEF/TCFs) to ..
- The notch intracellular domain can function as a coactivator for LEF-1D A Ross
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104 6145, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:7537-44. 2001..Our data therefore describe a new nuclear target of Notch signaling and a new coactivator for LEF-1...
- Alterations of lymphoid enhancer factor-1 isoform expression in solid tumors and acute leukemiasWenbing Wang
Institute of Life Sciences, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 37:173-80. 2005..Taken together, these data suggest that LEF-1 is abundantly expressed in human tumors and the ratio of the oncogenic and the dominant negative short isoform altered not only in carcinomas but also in leukemia...
- Wnt activation and alternative promoter repression of LEF1 in colon cancerTony W H Li
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Rm B240, Medical Sciences I, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4025, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:5284-99. 2006Alternative promoters within the LEF1 locus produce polypeptides of opposing biological activities. Promoter 1 produces full-length LEF-1 protein, which recruits beta-catenin to Wnt target genes...
- A beta-catenin/XTcf-3 complex binds to the siamois promoter to regulate dorsal axis specification in XenopusM Brannon
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195 7350, USA
Genes Dev 11:2359-70. 1997....
- The APC tumor suppressor counteracts beta-catenin activation and H3K4 methylation at Wnt target genesJose Sierra
Regulatory Biology Laboratory, The Salk Insitute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 20:586-600. 2006..We conclude that, in addition to regulating the stability of beta-cat, APC facilitates CtBP-mediated repression of Wnt target genes in normal, but not in colorectal cancer cells...
- Characterization of Lef-1 promoter segments that facilitate inductive developmental expression in skinXiaoming Liu
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1109, USA
J Invest Dermatol 123:264-74. 2004..In summary, these studies have begun to dissect the transcriptional diversity of the human Lef-1 promoter during the hair/vibrissa follicle and sebaceous gland formation...
- PITX2, beta-catenin and LEF-1 interact to synergistically regulate the LEF-1 promoterUsha Vadlamudi
Department of Biological Science, The University of Tulsa, 600 S College Ave, Tulsa, OK 74104 3189, USA
J Cell Sci 118:1129-37. 2005..LEF-1 and beta-catenin interactions with PITX2 provide new mechanisms for the regulation of PITX2 transcriptional activity...
- Beta-catenin-histone deacetylase interactions regulate the transition of LEF1 from a transcriptional repressor to an activatorA N Billin
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112 5550, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:6882-90. 2000..We show here that repression by LEF1 requires histone deacetylase (HDAC) activity...
- Transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) signalling in palatal growth, apoptosis and epithelial mesenchymal transformation (EMT)A Nawshad
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 220 Longwood Ave, Goldensen Bldg, Room 342, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Oral Biol 49:675-89. 2004..Because TGFbeta3 and its downstream target, LEF1, play the major role in epithelial transformation, it is important to identify the signalling pathways they use for ..
- Sonic hedgehog regulates growth and morphogenesis of the toothH R Dassule
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 127:4775-85. 2000..However, the enamel knot, a putative organizer of crown formation, is present and expresses Fgf4, Wnt10b, Bmp2 and Lef1, as in the wild type...
- Msx1 controls inductive signaling in mammalian tooth morphogenesisY Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 122:3035-44. 1996..Our results show that expression of Bone Morphogenetic Protein 4 (BMP4), the HMG box gene Lef1 and the heparan sulfate proteoglycan syndecan-1 is specifically reduced in Msx1 mutant dental mesenchyme, while ..
- Adenomatous polyposis coli is required for early events in the normal growth and differentiation of the developing cerebral cortexUladzislau Ivaniutsin
Genes and Development Group, Centre for Integrative Physiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Neural Dev 4:3. 2009..We examined the consequences of loss of Apc function for the early development of the cerebral cortex...
- LEF1 is a critical epithelial survival factor during tooth morphogenesisTomoyo Sasaki
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 278:130-43. 2005b>LEF1 is a cell-type-specific transcription factor and mediates Wnt signaling pathway by association with its co-activator beta-catenin...
- Integrin-linked kinase (ILK): a "hot" therapeutic targetT N Yoganathan
Kinetek Pharmaceuticals Inc, Vancouver, BC V6P6P2, Canada
Biochem Pharmacol 60:1115-9. 2000..A small molecule ILK inhibitor suppresses the phosphorylation of PKB at the Ser-473 but not the Thr-308 site in the PTEN mutant cells. These results indicate that inhibition of ILK may be of significant value in solid tumor therapy...
- Severe congenital neutropenia: inheritance and pathophysiologyJulia Skokowa
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Medical University Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Curr Opin Hematol 14:22-8. 2007..5 x 10/l. In this review we summarize our current knowledge on inheritance and pathophysiolgy of congenital neutropenia...
- Gene expression patterns associated with suppression of odontogenesis in mouse and vole diastema regionsS V Keränen
Developmental Biology Program, Institute of Biotechnology, Biocenter 1, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56, Helsinki, FIN 00014, Finland
Dev Genes Evol 209:495-506. 1999..tooth germs we compared the expression patterns of several developmental regulatory genes (Bmp2, Bmp4, Fgf4, Fgf8, Lef1, Msx1, Msx2, p21, Pitx2, Pax9 and Shh) between molars and diastema buds of mice and voles...
- Tbx5 is essential for forelimb bud initiation following patterning of the limb field in the mouse embryoPooja Agarwal
Programmes in Cardiovascular Research and Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON M5G 1X8, Canada
Development 130:623-33. 2003..b>Lef1/Tcf1-dependent Wnt signaling is not essential for initiation of Tbx5 or Fgf10 transcription, but is required in ..
- Functional coupling between the extracellular matrix and nuclear lamina by Wnt signaling in progeriaLidia Hernandez
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, NCI, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Dev Cell 19:413-25. 2010..with inhibition of canonical Wnt signaling, due to reduced nuclear localization and transcriptional activity of Lef1, but not Tcf4, in both mouse and human progeric cells...
- TNF signaling via the ligand-receptor pair ectodysplasin and edar controls the function of epithelial signaling centers and is regulated by Wnt and activin during tooth organogenesisJ Laurikkala
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Dev Biol 229:443-55. 2001..Moreover, ectodysplasin expression was downregulated in branchial arch epithelium and in tooth germs of Lef1 mutant mice, suggesting that signaling by ectodysplasin is regulated by LEF-1-mediated Wnt signals...
- Lymphocyte enhancer-binding factor 1: an essential factor in odontoblastic differentiation of dental pulp cells enzymatically isolated from rat incisorsSatoshi Yokose
Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Ohu University, 31 1 Misumido, Tomitamachi, Koriyama, Fukushima, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 28:650-8. 2010Lymphocyte enhancer-binding factor 1 (Lef1), a HMG-domain protein, is thought to play important roles in inductive tissue interaction during tooth development. Lef1 knockdown in mice causes arrest at the bud stage in tooth development...
- The Xenopus homeobox gene twin mediates Wnt induction of goosecoid in establishment of Spemann's organizerM N Laurent
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, and the Developmental Biology Center, University of California, Irvine 92697 2300, USA
Development 124:4905-16. 1997..First, we demonstrate that purified LEF1 protein can interact, in vitro, with consensus LEF1/TCF3-binding sites found within the Xtwn promoter...
- Different roles of Runx2 during early neural crest-derived bone and tooth developmentMartyn J James
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Bone Miner Res 21:1034-44. 2006..In vitro experiments determined that Runx2 is a part of the FGF and BMP signaling pathways in tooth and bone development, respectively...
- Estradiol activates beta-catenin dependent transcription in neuronsOlga Varea
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas CIBERNED and Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochoa, CSIC UAM, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e5153. 2009..These findings may reveal a set of new physiological roles for estrogens, at least in the Central Nervous System (CNS)...
- Endostatin causes G1 arrest of endothelial cells through inhibition of cyclin D1Jun Ichi Hanai
Divisions of Nephrology and Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine and Center for Study of the Tumor Microenvironment, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16464-9. 2002..Using a series of deletion and mutant promoter constructs, we identified the LEF1 site in the cyclin D1 promoter as essential for the inhibitory effect of endostatin...
- Expressional changes in the intracellular melanogenesis pathways and their possible role in the pathogenesis of vitiligoKülli Kingo
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Centre of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
J Dermatol Sci 52:39-46. 2008..In our previous study we established significant increase of melanocortin receptor expression in unaffected skin of vitiligo patients compared to healthy subjects...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 1 (SFRP1) is highly upregulated in keratoconus epithelium: a novel finding highlighting a new potential focus for keratoconus research and treatmentGerard Sutton
Save Sight Institute, Sydney Medical School, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 38:43-8. 2010..To investigate the expression of Wnt signalling pathway genes in keratoconic (KC) epithelium...
- OSTM1 regulates beta-catenin/Lef1 interaction and is required for Wnt/beta-catenin signalingMichael E Feigin
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, One Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, United States
Cell Signal 20:949-57. 2008..of wild-type OSTM1 stimulated whereas mutant OSTM1 inhibited, the Wnt-dependent association of beta-catenin and Lef1. On the foundation of these experiments, we propose that the human mutations in OSTM1 such as the C-terminal ..
- Direct binding of Lef1 to sites in the boz promoter may mediate pre-midblastula-transition activation of boz expressionTinchung Leung
Developmental Biology, Institute Biology 1, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Dev Dyn 228:424-32. 2003..We further identify high-affinity binding sites for Tcf/Lef1 within the boz promoter region...
- The Groucho/TLE/Grg family of transcriptional co-repressorsBarbara H Jennings
Developmental Genetics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, UK
Genome Biol 9:205. 2008..directly, but are recruited by a diverse profile of transcription factors, including members of the Hes, Runx, Nkx, LEF1/Tcf, Pax, Six and c-Myc families...
- Down-regulated genes in mouse dental papillae and pulpH Sasaki
Oral Health Science Center HRC7, Tokyo Dental College, Japan
J Dent Res 89:679-83. 2010..Drastic down-regulation (fold change > 10.0) of Adamts4, Aldha1a2, and Lef1 was observed at both E16 and E18, and quantitative RT-PCR revealed a post-natal reduction in their expression (..
- Comparative genomics on FGF16 orthologsYuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Mol Med 16:959-63. 2005..Because nuclear complex consisting of TCF/LEF (TCF1, TCF3, TCF4 or LEF1), beta-catenin, PYGO (PYGO1 or PYGO2) and Legless (BCL9 or BCL9L) binds to the TCF/LEF-binding site to up-regulate ..
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 inactivation and stabilization of beta-catenin induce nephron differentiation in isolated mouse and rat kidney mesenchymesSatu Kuure
Biochemistry and Developmental Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, PO Box 63, Haartmaninkatu 8, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014, Finland
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1130-9. 2007..signaling cascades downstream of GSK3 inhibition revealed stabilization of beta-catenin and upregulation of Lef1 and Tcf1, both events that are associated with the active canonical Wnt signaling...
- Wnt induction of chondrocyte hypertrophy through the Runx2 transcription factorYu Feng Dong
Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Cell Physiol 208:77-86. 2006..Co-transfection of lymphoid enhancer factor (Lef1) and beta-catenin in chicken upper sternal chondrocytes together with deletion constructs of the Runx2 promoter ..
- Nmp4/CIZ: road block at the intersection of PTH and loadPaul Childress
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Bone 46:259-66. 2010..The p130Cas/zyxin/Nmp4/CIZ pathway resembles the beta-catenin/TCF/LEF1 mechanotransduction response limb and both share features with the HMGB1 (high mobility group box 1)/RAGE (receptor ..
- Regulation of casein kinase I epsilon activity by Wnt signalingWojciech Swiatek
Department of Oncological Sciences and the Center for Children, Huntsman Cancer Institute, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13011-7. 2004..biologically relevant because CKIepsilon(MM2) is more effective than CKIepsilon at activating transcription from a Lef1-dependent promoter...
- Expression of Wnt5a in tooth germs and the related signal transduction analysisL Peng
West China Hospital of Stomatology, China
Arch Oral Biol 55:108-14. 2010..This study investigates its expression mode in human tooth development and the involved cell signal transduction pathways, as they remain unclear...
- Conditional mutations of beta-catenin and APC reveal roles for canonical Wnt signaling in lens differentiationGemma Martinez
Ocular Development Laboratory, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:4794-806. 2009..In this study, the consequences of constitutively activating the pathway in lens during development were investigated...
- Lef1 is required for the transition of Wnt signaling from mesenchymal to epithelial cells in the mouse embryonic mammary glandKata Boras-Granic
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, 6318 Medical Sciences Building, 1 King s College Road, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Dev Biol 295:219-31. 2006..b>Lef1-mediated canonical Wnt signaling is required for morphogenesis of these skin appendages during embryogenesis...
- Interactions between FGF and Wnt signals and Tbx3 gene expression in mammary gland initiation in mouse embryosMaxwell C Eblaghie
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, Wellcome Trust Biocentre, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
J Anat 205:1-13. 2004..is an early response to FGFR1 signalling (as judged by sensitivity to the SU5402 inhibitor), and expression of Lef1, encoding a transcription factor mediating Wnt signalling and the earliest gene so far known to be expressed in ..
- Wnt2b controls retinal cell differentiation at the ciliary marginal zoneFumi Kubo
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa Oiwake cho, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Development 130:587-98. 2003..b>LEF1, a downstream Wnt signaling component, was expressed at high levels in the ciliary marginal zone with expression ..
- Multiple roles for activated LEF/TCF transcription complexes during hair follicle development and differentiationR Dasgupta
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology and Committee on Developmental Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Development 126:4557-68. 1999..mice, TOPGAL expression was directly stimulated by a stabilized form of beta -catenin, but was also dependent upon LEF1/TCF3 in skin...
- Wnt/Lef1 signaling acts via Pitx2 to regulate somite myogenesisMuhammad Abu-Elmagd
University of East Anglia, School of Biological Sciences, Norwich, NR4 7TJ Earlham Road, UK
Dev Biol 337:211-9. 2010..We now show that Wnt signaling via Lef1 acts to regulate the number of premyogenic cells in somites but does not regulate myogenic initiation in the limb ..
- E-cadherin controls beta-catenin and NF-kappaB transcriptional activity in mesenchymal gene expressionGuiomar Solanas
Unitat de Biofísica CEB, Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, E 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
J Cell Sci 121:2224-34. 2008..of E-cadherin and the upregulation of expression of mesenchymal genes such as those encoding fibronectin and LEF1. We studied the molecular mechanism controlling the expression of these genes in mesenchymal cells...
- Tcf3 and Lef1 regulate lineage differentiation of multipotent stem cells in skinB J Merrill
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Dev 15:1688-705. 2001..In this paper, we show that Tcf3 and Lef1 control these differentiation lineages...
- Hyperactive Wnt signaling changes the developmental potential of embryonic lung endodermTadashi Okubo
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Biol 3:11. 2004..The full range of effects of this pathway, which includes the transcription factor Lef1, has not been explored, however.
- The Genetic Basis of Human Tooth AgenesisSylvia Frazier Bowers; Fiscal Year: 2006..two genes are responsible for the majority of cases of molar oligodontia, or if other key candidate genes such as LEF1, or BMP4 are responsible in some cases...
- Characterizing interactions of the VDR and the canonical Wnt signatling pathwayHilary F Luderer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, the VDR was found to co-immunoprecipitate with [unreadable]-catenin and Lef1. Therefore, we hypothesize that the VDR activates Wnt-dependent hair follicle regeneration through a functional ..
- The role of E-cadherin in photocarcinogenesisSabine M Brouxhon; Fiscal Year: 2010..resulting from targeted E-cadherin deletion, induces alterations in keratinocytes by activating the TCF-LEF1 signaling pathway...
- Endogenous retinoids in mammalian skin and hair functionHELEN EVERTS; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Lef1/Tcf transgenic mouse model (Tg(Fos-lacZ)34Efu/J;aka TOPGAL) will be treated with retinoids/inhibitors to determine ..
- Cardiac Teratogenicity of LithiumKersti Linask; Fiscal Year: 2004..2B): Hypothesis: Misexpression of LEF1 inhibits the activation of specific genes that are necessary for subsequent normal cardiac morphogenetic processes ..
- Integration of Signaling Pathways Regulating Chondrocyte DifferentiationSherrill L Adams; Fiscal Year: 2010..multiple transcription factors, including RA receptors, Runx2, an Ets family member and two DNA-bending factors, Lef1 and AP1...
- The Role of Proteinases and Vascular Lesion FormationMichael Reidy; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also measure activation of a beta-catenin/ LEF1 reporter construct in wild type and MMP-9 -/- cells since this is known to upregulate cyclin D1 expression...
- Wnt Signaling in IBD-Related Colon CancerRANDALL HOLCOMBE; Fiscal Year: 2005..by nuclearization of beta-catenin and increased expression and activity of a downstream pathway component, LEF1. Finally, the role of specific Fz receptor subtypes in the initiation and propagation of Wnt pathway signals will ..
- Wnt targets in hypothalamic neurogenesisRichard I Dorsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have identified a specific role for Wnt signaling, acting through Lef1, in the development of zebrafish GABAergic hypothalamic neurons...
- ROLE OF KAISO IN METASTASISAlbert Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..suggests that this protein complex may be involved in a signal pathway analogous to that associated with b-catenin-Lef1/TCF that figures prominently in the progression of melanoma and colon carcinoma...