Genomes and Genes
lecithin retinol acyltransferase
Gene Symbol: lecithin retinol acyltransferase
Description: lecithin retinol acyltransferase
Alias: LCA14, lecithin retinol acyltransferase, lecithin retinol acyltransferase (phosphatidylcholine--retinol O-acyltransferase)
Products: lecithin retinol acyltransferase
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Yamamoto G, Taura K, Iwaisako K, Asagiri M, Ito S, Koyama Y, et al. Pancreatic Stellate Cells Have Distinct Characteristics From Hepatic Stellate Cells and Are Not the Unique Origin of Collagen-Producing Cells in the Pancreas. Pancreas. 2017;46:1141-1151 pubmed publisher..those of HSCs in a very small possession of vitamin A using mass spectrometry and a low expression of lecithin retinol acyltransferase. The microstructure of PSCs was entirely different from that of HSCs using flow cytometry and ..
- Takitani K, Kishi K, Miyazaki H, Koh M, Tamaki H, Inoue A, et al. Altered Expression of Retinol Metabolism-Related Genes in an ANIT-Induced Cholestasis Rat Model. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The increased expression of intestinal BCMO in cholestasis model rats might compensate for decreased circulatory retinol levels. The BCMO expression might be regulated in a tissue-specific manner to maintain the homeostasis of retinol. ..
- Kang M, Lee E, Kim Y, Kim D, Oh H, Kim S, et al. Chrysin Ameliorates Malfunction of Retinoid Visual Cycle through Blocking Activation of AGE-RAGE-ER Stress in Glucose-Stimulated Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells and Diabetic Eyes. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..The oral gavage of chrysin augmented the levels of the visual cycle enzymes of RPE65, lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT), retinol dehydrogenase 5 (RDH5), and rhodopsin diminished in db/db mouse retina...
- Amengual J, Golczak M, Palczewski K, von Lintig J. Lecithin:retinol acyltransferase is critical for cellular uptake of vitamin A from serum retinol-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:24216-27 pubmed publisher..These studies provide mechanistic insights into how vitamin A is distributed to peripheral tissues in a regulated manner and identify LRAT as a critical component of this process. ..
- Amann P, Czaja K, Bazhin A, RÃ¼hl R, EichmÃ¼ller S, Merk H, et al. LRAT overexpression diminishes intracellular levels of biologically active retinoids and reduces retinoid antitumor efficacy in the murine melanoma B16F10 cell line. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2015;28:205-12 pubmed..One of the key retinoid metabolizing enzymes is lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT), which catalyzes the transformation of ATRol into inactive retinyl esters...
- Vecchiato M, Barbaro E, Spolaor A, Burgay F, Barbante C, Piazza R, et al. Fragrances and PAHs in snow and seawater of Ny-Ålesund (Svalbard): Local and long-range contamination. Environ Pollut. 2018;242:1740-1747 pubmed publisher..The snow seasonal deposition of FMs and PAHs was estimated in a snowpit dug at the top of the Austre Brøggerbreen glacier, indicating the long-range atmospheric transport (LRAT) of these compounds. ..
- Zemany L, Kraus B, Norseen J, Saito T, Peroni O, Johnson R, et al. Downregulation of STRA6 in adipocytes and adipose stromovascular fraction in obesity and effects of adipocyte-specific STRA6 knockdown in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1170-86 pubmed publisher..expression of retinoid homeostatic genes (encoding retinoic acid receptor β [RARβ], CYP26A1, and lecithin retinol acyltransferase) were not altered in adipocytes from adipose-Stra6(-/-) mice, indicating that retinoid homeostasis ..
- He Q, Zhang G, Yan Y, Zhang Y, Chen L, Lin K. Effect of input pathways and altitudes on spatial distribution of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in background soils, the Tibetan Plateau. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:10890-901 pubmed publisher..The results of PAH isomer ratios suggested mixed sources of petroleum evaporation and combustion of petroleum and biomass. ..
- Pruková D, Ileninova Z, Antosova B, Kaspárek P, Gregor M, Sedlacek R. Transgenic reporter mice with promoter region of murine LRAT specifically marks lens and meiosis spermatocytes. Physiol Res. 2015;64:247-54 pubmed..Our data show that the examined LRAT regulatory region is sufficient to achieve strong and selective expression in the eye and testes but not in liver and other organs. ..
- Zhang T, Enemchukwu N, Jones A, Wang S, Dennis E, Watt C, et al. Genetic deletion of S-opsin prevents rapid cone degeneration in a mouse model of Leber congenital amaurosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:1755-63 pubmed publisher..This result has important implications for the current gene therapy strategy that emphasizes the need for a combinatorial therapy to both improve vision and slow photoreceptor degeneration. ..
- Laursen K, Kashyap V, SCANDURA J, Gudas L. An alternative retinoic acid-responsive Stra6 promoter regulated in response to retinol deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:4356-66 pubmed publisher..Our data show that kidneys respond to retinol deficiency by differential Stra6 promoter usage, which may play a role in the retention of retinol when vitamin A is low. ..
- Isla E, Pérez Albaladejo E, Porte C. Toxic anthropogenic signature in Antarctic continental shelf and deep sea sediments. Sci Rep. 2018;8:9154 pubmed publisher..Ongoing anthropogenic pressure appears as a serious threat to the sessile benthic communities, which have evolved in near isolation for millions of years in these environments. ..
- Liu Z, Sun Y, Jiang Y, Qian Y, Chen S, Gao S, et al. Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) promotes retinol uptake and metabolism in the mouse ovary. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2018;16:52 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a possible mechanism for the regulation of endogenous RA signaling in the developing follicles. ..
- Hebiguchi T, Mezaki Y, Morii M, Watanabe R, Yoshikawa K, Miura M, et al. Massive bowel resection upregulates the intestinal mRNA expression levels of cellular retinol-binding protein II and apolipoprotein A-IV and alters the intestinal vitamin A status in rats. Int J Mol Med. 2015;35:724-30 pubmed publisher..analysis revealed that absorptive epithelial cells stained positive for both CRBP II and lecithin retinol acyltransferase, which are both required for the effective esterification of vitamin A...
- Scholl H, Moore A, Koenekoop R, Wen Y, Fishman G, van den Born L, et al. Safety and Proof-of-Concept Study of Oral QLT091001 in Retinitis Pigmentosa Due to Inherited Deficiencies of Retinal Pigment Epithelial 65 Protein (RPE65) or Lecithin:Retinol Acyltransferase (LRAT). PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143846 pubmed publisher..5 ± 1.2 μm). This structure-function relationship suggests that treatment with QLT091001 is more likely to be efficacious if there is sufficient photoreceptor integrity. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01014052. ..
- Al Hussaini H, Kilarkaje N. Effects of trans-resveratrol on type 1 diabetes-induced inhibition of retinoic acid metabolism pathway in retinal pigment epithelium of Dark Agouti rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;834:142-151 pubmed publisher..Trans-resveratrol supplementation is beneficial to normalize long-term effects, but not short-term effects, of diabetes on retinoic acid metabolism pathway in the RPE. ..
- Yi S, Zhang Y, Tang D, Zhu L. Mechanical force and tensile strain activated hepatic stellate cells and inhibited retinol metabolism. Biotechnol Lett. 2015;37:1141-52 pubmed publisher..Mechanical force and tensile strain significantly activate HSCs by regulating the retinoid metabolic pathway. Activation of HSCs can therefore be manipulated through mechanical force and tensile strain in vitro. ..
- Chen Y, Huang L, Jiao X, Riazuddin S, Riazuddin S, Fielding Hetmancik J. A novel LRAT mutation affecting splicing in a family with early onset retinitis pigmentosa. Hum Genomics. 2018;12:35 pubmed publisher..This study reports a novel splicing mutation in the lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) gene associated with early onset retinitis pigmentosa and characterizes the effects of this ..
- Kaylor J, Radu R, Bischoff N, Makshanoff J, Hu J, Lloyd M, et al. Diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase type-1 synthesizes retinyl esters in the retina and retinal pigment epithelium. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0125921 pubmed publisher..Further, total retinyl-ester synthase activity was reduced in both dgat1(-/-) retina and RPE. ..
- Fausther M, Goree J, Lavoie Ã, Graham A, SÃ©vigny J, Dranoff J. Establishment and characterization of rat portal myofibroblast cell lines. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0121161 pubmed publisher..mesenchymal cell marker ecto-5'-nucleotidase/Cd73, while negative for HSC-specific markers desmin and lecithin retinol acyltransferase. Second, both RGF and RGF-N2 cell lines are readily transfectable using standard methods...
- Maguire M, Bushkofsky J, Larsen M, Foong Y, Tanumihardjo S, Jefcoate C. Diet-dependent retinoid effects on liver gene expression include stellate and inflammation markers and parallel effects of the nuclear repressor Shp. J Nutr Biochem. 2017;47:63-74 pubmed publisher..The stellate and inflammatory increases seen with the high-carbohydrate LF12 diet may represent postprandial responses. They depend on retinol and Shp, but the regulation reverses with an HFD. ..
- Noy N. Signaling by retinol and its serum binding protein. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2015;93:3-7 pubmed publisher..Recent studies provided molecular level insights into the mode of action of this unique protein. ..
- Ueta M, Sotozono C, Kinoshita S. Expression of interleukin-4 receptor ? in human corneal epithelial cells. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2011;55:405-410 pubmed publisher..synthase 3 (HAS3), calpain 14 (CAPN14), endothelin receptor type A (EDNRA), cathepsin C (CTSC), and lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) as well as human conjunctival epithelial cells...
- Zhang Q, Chen Z, Li Y, Wang P, Zhu C, Gao G, et al. Occurrence of organochlorine pesticides in the environmental matrices from King George Island, west Antarctica. Environ Pollut. 2015;206:142-9 pubmed publisher..Significant dependence of many OCPs concentrations on total organic carbon (TOC) was observed. Apart from LRAT, local biotic activities could also contribute and influence the spatial distribution of the contaminants. ..
- Yang R, Zhang S, Li X, Luo D, Jing C. Dechloranes in lichens from the southeast Tibetan Plateau: Evidence of long-range atmospheric transport. Chemosphere. 2016;144:446-51 pubmed publisher..This research documented that Decs are prone to undergo LRAT and cold-trapping by the mountains in the southeast TP. ..
- Zhang T, Cao L, Kumar S, Enemchukwu N, Zhang N, Lambert A, et al. Dimerization of visual pigments in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:9093-8 pubmed publisher..Our work raises new questions regarding a potential mechanistic role of dimerization in rhodopsin signaling. ..
- Yadav I, Devi N, Li J, Zhang G, Breivik K. Possible emissions of POPs in plain and hilly areas of Nepal: Implications for source apportionment and health risk assessment. Environ Pollut. 2017;220:1289-1300 pubmed publisher..The air mass backward trajectory analysis revealed that most of the air masses sampled originated from India and the Bay of Bengal. ..
- Yu J, Kim J, Kim J, Choi S, Lee K, Lee J, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor Î± in hepatocellular carcinoma is a prognostic marker independent of underlying liver cirrhosis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:39534-39546 pubmed publisher..Expression of PDGFRÎ± in the tumor correlated with increased collagen Î±1(I), lecithin retinol acyltransferase, and smooth muscle Î±-actin suggesting increased HSCs in tumor sites...
- Yang Y, Bae M, Kim B, Park Y, Koo S, Lee J. Astaxanthin prevents and reverses the activation of mouse primary hepatic stellate cells. J Nutr Biochem. 2016;29:21-6 pubmed publisher..HSCs to a quiescent phenotype with the reappearance of lipid droplets with a concomitant increase in lecithin retinol acyltransferase mRNA...
- Li S, Samardzija M, Yang Z, Grimm C, Jin M. Pharmacological Amelioration of Cone Survival and Vision in a Mouse Model for Leber Congenital Amaurosis. J Neurosci. 2016;36:5808-19 pubmed publisher..These findings identify an in vivo molecular pathogenic mechanism for R91W mutation and provide a feasible pharmacological approach that can delay vision loss in patients with RPE65 mutations. ..
- Sukseree S, Chen Y, Laggner M, Gruber F, Petit V, Nagelreiter I, et al. Tyrosinase-Cre-Mediated Deletion of the Autophagy Gene Atg7 Leads to Accumulation of the RPE65 Variant M450 in the Retinal Pigment Epithelium of C57BL/6 Mice. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161640 pubmed publisher..Further studies in mice of different genetic backgrounds are necessary to determine the relative contributions of these mechanisms. ..
- Shang P, Valapala M, Grebe R, Hose S, Ghosh S, Bhutto I, et al. The amino acid transporter SLC36A4 regulates the amino acid pool in retinal pigmented epithelial cells and mediates the mechanistic target of rapamycin, complex 1 signaling. Aging Cell. 2017;16:349-359 pubmed publisher..As these mice age, expression of RPE65 and lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT), two vital visual cycle proteins, decreases in the RPE...
- Guzzella L, Salerno F, Freppaz M, Roscioli C, Pisanello F, Poma G. POP and PAH contamination in the southern slopes of Mt. Everest (Himalaya, Nepal): Long-range atmospheric transport, glacier shrinkage, or local impact of tourism?. Sci Total Environ. 2016;544:382-90 pubmed publisher..In addition, the increase of tourism in this area during the last decades might have influenced the present concentrations of PAHs in the sediments and soils. ..
- Napoli J. Cellular retinoid binding-proteins, CRBP, CRABP, FABP5: Effects on retinoid metabolism, function and related diseases. Pharmacol Ther. 2017;173:19-33 pubmed publisher..Yet, the extent of BP interactions with retinoid metabolon enzymes and their impact on retinoid physiology remains incompletely understood. ..
- Mardian E, Bradley R, Duncan R. The HRASLS (PLA/AT) subfamily of enzymes. J Biomed Sci. 2015;22:99 pubmed publisher..Gaps in current understanding are highlighted and suggestions for future research directions are discussed. ..
- Mezaki Y, Fujimi T, Senoo H, Matsuura T. The coordinated action of lecithin:retinol acyltransferase and cellular retinol-binding proteins for regulation of vitamin A esterification. Med Hypotheses. 2016;88:60-2 pubmed publisher..We propose in this report that LRAT physically interacts with CRBP and the LRAT-CRBP complex represents the binding pockets for both an acyl group and retinol, thus assuring the substrate specificity of LRAT. ..
- Cottin S, Gambling L, Hayes H, Stevens V, McArdle H. Pregnancy and maternal iron deficiency stimulate hepatic CRBPII expression in rats. J Nutr Biochem. 2016;32:55-63 pubmed publisher..Maternal iron deficiency also alters VA metabolism in the fetus, which is likely to have consequences for development. ..
- Kim J, Choi Y, Barghi M, Yoon Y, Kim J, Kim J, et al. Occurrence and distribution of old and new halogenated flame retardants in mosses and lichens from the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. Environ Pollut. 2018;235:302-311 pubmed publisher..This study firstly reports the alternative HFR levels in a wide area of the Antarctica, which could improve our understanding of the source, transport, and fate of the HFRs. ..
- Liu H, Tang J, Du Y, Lee C, Golczak M, Muthusamy A, et al. Retinylamine Benefits Early Diabetic Retinopathy in Mice. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:21568-79 pubmed publisher..Administration of Ret-NH2 once per week significantly inhibited the pathogenesis of lesions characteristic of early DR in diabetic mice. The visual cycle constitutes a novel target for inhibition of DR. ..
- Gao Y, Ji J, Jin L, Sun B, Xu L, Wang C, et al. Xanthophyll supplementation regulates carotenoid and retinoid metabolism in hens and chicks. Poult Sci. 2016;95:541-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, xanthophyll supplementation could modulate carotenoid and retinoid metabolism in different tissues of hens and chicks. ..
- MuÃ±iz A, Greene W, Plamper M, Choi J, Johnson A, Tsin A, et al. Retinoid uptake, processing, and secretion in human iPS-RPE support the visual cycle. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:198-209 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates expression of key visual cycle machinery and complete visual cycle activity in iPS-RPE. ..
- SzopiÅ„ska M, NamieÅ›nik J, Polkowska Å. How Important Is Research on Pollution Levels in Antarctica? Historical Approach, Difficulties and Current Trends. Rev Environ Contam Toxicol. 2017;239:79-156 pubmed publisher..The data collected can provide grounds for concluding that pollutants present in this area can contribute to gradual degradation of Antarctic ecosystem. ..
- Han Y, Liu W, Hansen H, Chen X, Liao X, Li H, et al. Influence of long-range atmospheric transportation (LRAT) on mono-to octa-chlorinated PCDD/Fs levels and distributions in soil around Qinghai Lake, China. Chemosphere. 2016;156:143-149 pubmed publisher..Overall, because of their high LRAT potential, low-chlorinated PCDD/Fs may pose a greater risk to local ecosystems in cold, remote areas than high-chlorinated PCDD/Fs. ..
- Pizzini S, Sbicego C, Corami F, Grotti M, Magi E, Bonato T, et al. 3,3'-dichlorobiphenyl (non-Aroclor PCB-11) as a marker of non-legacy PCB contamination in marine species: comparison between Antarctic and Mediterranean bivalves. Chemosphere. 2017;175:28-35 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, more in-depth studies are needed in order to evaluate the relative contribution of local and distant sources. ..
- Zolfaghari R, Ross A. An essential set of basic DNA response elements is required for receptor-dependent transcription of the lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (Lrat) gene. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;489:1-9 pubmed publisher..Nuclear extracts from RA-treated cells exhibited enhanced binding. Therefore, this proximal region together with basal transcription factors may be sufficient to drive Lrat expression. ..
- Cheng Y, Pincas H, Huang J, Zachariah E, Zeng Z, Notterman D, et al. High incidence of LRAT promoter hypermethylation in colorectal cancer correlates with tumor stage. Med Oncol. 2014;31:254 pubmed publisher..The higher frequency of LRAT hypermethylation in colonic polyps and early-stage CRCs indicates that it may occur early in malignant progression. ..
- Tang X, Su D, Albert M, Scognamiglio T, Gudas L. Overexpression of lecithin:retinol acyltransferase in the epithelial basal layer makes mice more sensitive to oral cavity carcinogenesis induced by a carcinogen. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:1212-3 pubmed..05). Taken together, these data show that overexpression of human LRAT specifically in oral basal epithelial cells makes these cells more sensitive to carcinogen induced tumorigenesis. ..
- Hassel J, Amann P, Schadendorf D, Eichmüller S, Nagler M, Bazhin A. Lecithin retinol acyltransferase as a potential prognostic marker for malignant melanoma. Exp Dermatol. 2013;22:757-9 pubmed publisher..disturbance of vitamin A metabolism might be important, we investigated expression of the enzymes lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) and RPE65 by immunohistochemistry in melanoma metastases and melanocytic nevi...
- Ajat M, Molenaar M, Brouwers J, Vaandrager A, Houweling M, Helms J. Hepatic stellate cells retain the capacity to synthesize retinyl esters and to store neutral lipids in small lipid droplets in the absence of LRAT. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2017;1862:176-187 pubmed publisher..The absence of retinyl esters and reduced number of lipid droplets in LRAT-deficient HSCs in vivo will be discussed. ..
- Wang P, Zhang Q, Li Y, Matsiko J, Zhang Y, Jiang G. Airborne persistent toxic substances (PTSs) in China: occurrence and its implication associated with air pollution. Environ Sci Process Impacts. 2017;19:983-999 pubmed publisher..This implied that not only the concentration and chemical composition of fine particles but also the absorbed PTSs are of particular concern when air pollution occurs. ..
- Gong P, Wang X, Sheng J, Wang H, Yuan X, He Y, et al. Seasonal variations and sources of atmospheric polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and organochlorine compounds in a high-altitude city: Evidence from four-year observations. Environ Pollut. 2018;233:1188-1197 pubmed publisher..As compared with other sites of the Tibetan Plateau, without the direct barrier of the Himalaya, Lijiang is easily contaminated by the incursion of polluted air masses. ..
- Zhan H, Gudas L, Bok D, Rando R, Nanus D, Tickoo S. Differential expression of the enzyme that esterifies retinol, lecithin:retinol acyltransferase, in subtypes of human renal cancer and normal kidney. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:4897-905 pubmed..These data show that LRAT expression is higher in renal tumors with an indolent biological behavior. Additional studies will ascertain if LRAT possesses any prognostic or therapeutic role in renal cancer. ..
- Ross A, Zolfaghari R. Regulation of hepatic retinol metabolism: perspectives from studies on vitamin A status. J Nutr. 2004;134:269S-275S pubmed..Moreover, retinoid metabolism in the liver is likely to be closely integrated with that in peripheral tissues through the rapid interorgan transfer and recycling of retinoids, affecting the whole-body economy of vitamin A. ..
- Nagatsuma K, Hayashi Y, Hano H, Sagara H, Murakami K, Saito M, et al. Lecithin: retinol acyltransferase protein is distributed in both hepatic stellate cells and endothelial cells of normal rodent and human liver. Liver Int. 2009;29:47-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the presence of LRAT in endothelial cells might suggest a currently unknown function of this enzyme in liver endothelial biology. ..
- Dev Borman A, Ocaka L, Mackay D, Ripamonti C, Henderson R, Moradi P, et al. Early onset retinal dystrophy due to mutations in LRAT: molecular analysis and detailed phenotypic study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:3927-38 pubmed publisher..the phenotype associated with the autosomal recessive retinal dystrophy caused by mutations in the lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) gene...
- Amann P, Czaja K, Bazhin A, RÃ¼hl R, Skazik C, Heise R, et al. Knockdown of lecithin retinol acyltransferase increases all-trans retinoic acid levels and restores retinoid sensitivity in malignant melanoma cells. Exp Dermatol. 2014;23:832-7 pubmed publisher..An essential retinoid-metabolizing enzyme known as lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) is expressed in melanoma cells but not in melanocytes catalysing the esterification of all-..
- Herr F, Ong D. Differential interaction of lecithin-retinol acyltransferase with cellular retinol binding proteins. Biochemistry. 1992;31:6748-55 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- O Byrne S, Wongsiriroj N, Libien J, Vogel S, Goldberg I, Baehr W, et al. Retinoid absorption and storage is impaired in mice lacking lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (LRAT). J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35647-57 pubmed..The fatty acyl composition of these (chylomicron) retinyl esters suggests that they are synthesized via an acyl-CoA-dependent process suggesting the existence of a physiologically significant acyl-CoA:retinol acyltransferase. ..
- Xue L, Jahng W, Gollapalli D, Rando R. Palmitoyl transferase activity of lecithin retinol acyl transferase. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10710-8 pubmed..Palmitoyl transfer is abolished by preincubation with a specific LRAT antagonist both in membranes and with purified tLRAT. These experiments are consistent with an expanded role for LRAT function as a protein palmitoyl transferase. ..
- Shmarakov I, Borschovetska V, Blaner W. Hepatic Detoxification of Bisphenol A is Retinoid-Dependent. Toxicol Sci. 2017;157:141-155 pubmed publisher..The extent of hepatic damage that arises from acute BPA intoxication is directly affected by retinoid administration during the period of BPA exposure and hepatic retinoid stores that have accumulated over the lifetime of the organism...
- Mata N, Tsin A. Distribution of 11-cis LRAT, 11-cis RD and 11-cis REH in bovine retinal pigment epithelium membranes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1394:16-22 pubmed
- Sweeney M, McGee T, Berson E, Dryja T. Low prevalence of lecithin retinol acyltransferase mutations in patients with Leber congenital amaurosis and autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa. Mol Vis. 2007;13:588-93 pubmedTo determine the the prevalence of pathogenic mutations in the gene encoding lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) in patients from North America with either Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA) or autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa (..
- Clark G, Crowe P, Muszynska D, O Prey D, O Neill J, Alexander S, et al. Development of a diagnostic genetic test for simplex and autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa. Ophthalmology. 2010;117:2169-77.e3 pubmed publisher..High-throughput genotyping for RP is evolving into a clinically useful genetic diagnostic tool. The author(s) have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article. ..
- den Hollander A, Lopez I, Yzer S, Zonneveld M, Janssen I, Strom T, et al. Identification of novel mutations in patients with Leber congenital amaurosis and juvenile RP by genome-wide homozygosity mapping with SNP microarrays. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:5690-8 pubmed..Significant homozygous regions which did not map to known LCA or juvenile RP genes and may be instrumental in identifying novel disease genes were detected in 33 patients. ..
- Littink K, van Genderen M, van Schooneveld M, Visser L, Riemslag F, Keunen J, et al. A homozygous frameshift mutation in LRAT causes retinitis punctata albescens. Ophthalmology. 2012;119:1899-906 pubmed publisher..LRAT is therefore the fourth gene involved in the visual cycle that may cause a white-dot retinopathy. We also revealed that mutations in RLBP1 may lead to FAP with cone dystrophy. ..
- Golczak M, Sears A, Kiser P, Palczewski K. LRAT-specific domain facilitates vitamin A metabolism by domain swapping in HRASLS3. Nat Chem Biol. 2015;11:26-32 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal structural adaptation that facilitates selective catalysis and mechanism responsible for diverse substrate specificity within the LRAT-like enzyme family. ..
- Mondal M, Ruiz A, Bok D, Rando R. Lecithin retinol acyltransferase contains cysteine residues essential for catalysis. Biochemistry. 2000;39:5215-20 pubmedb>Lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT) is an essential enzyme in vitamin A metabolism and mobilization...
- Andreola F, Giandomenico V, Spero R, De Luca L. Expression of a smaller lecithin:retinol acyl transferase transcript and reduced retinol esterification in MCF-7 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;279:920-4 pubmed..7 kb) LRAT transcript, and that retinoid receptors are involved in the regulation of LRAT-mediated retinyl ester synthesis by RA. ..
- Xue L, Gollapalli D, Maiti P, Jahng W, Rando R. A palmitoylation switch mechanism in the regulation of the visual cycle. Cell. 2004;117:761-71 pubmed..The studies reveal new roles for palmitoylated proteins as molecular switches and LRAT as a palmitoyl transferase whose role is to catalyze the mRPE65 to sRPE65 conversion. ..
- Vernet N, Dennefeld C, Klopfenstein M, Ruiz A, Bok D, Ghyselinck N, et al. Retinoid X receptor beta (RXRB) expression in Sertoli cells controls cholesterol homeostasis and spermiation. Reproduction. 2008;136:619-26 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings support the conclusion that RXRB heterodimerized with a RA-liganded RARA transduces signals required in SC for spermatid release...
- Maeda A, Maeda T, Golczak M, Chou S, Desai A, Hoppel C, et al. Involvement of all-trans-retinal in acute light-induced retinopathy of mice. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15173-83 pubmed publisher..These findings further understanding of the mechanisms involved in light-induced retinal degeneration...
- Guignard T, Jin M, Pequignot M, Li S, Chassigneux Y, Chekroud K, et al. FATP1 inhibits 11-cis retinol formation via interaction with the visual cycle retinoid isomerase RPE65 and lecithin:retinol acyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18759-68 pubmed publisher..The identification of this new visual cycle inhibitory component in RPE may contribute to further understanding of retinal pathogenesis...
- Amann P, Luo C, Owen R, Hofmann C, Freudenberger M, Schadendorf D, et al. Vitamin A metabolism in benign and malignant melanocytic skin cells: importance of lecithin/retinol acyltransferase and RPE65. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:718-28 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the decreasing cellular amount of retinoic acid and its precursor molecules could result in a change of gene regulation. ..
- Marwarha G, Berry D, Croniger C, Noy N. The retinol esterifying enzyme LRAT supports cell signaling by retinol-binding protein and its receptor STRA6. FASEB J. 2014;28:26-34 pubmed publisher..The observations demonstrate that STRA6 regulates key cellular processes by coupling circulating holo-RBP levels and intracellular retinol metabolism to cell signaling. ..
- Cai K, Gudas L. Retinoic acid receptors and GATA transcription factors activate the transcription of the human lecithin:retinol acyltransferase gene. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:546-53 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data show that the transcriptional regulation of the human LRAT gene is aberrant in human prostate cancer cells and that GATA transcription factors are involved in the transcriptional activation of LRAT in PrEC cells. ..
- Horchani H, Bussières S, Cantin L, Lhor M, Laliberté Gemme J, Breton R, et al. Enzymatic activity of Lecithin:retinol acyltransferase: a thermostable and highly active enzyme with a likely mode of interfacial activation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1844:1128-36 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, residual activity could still be observed after heating tLRAT up to 100°C. The results of this study highly improved our understanding of this enzyme. ..
- Zhang L, Huang Y, Zhu Y, Yu Z, Shao M, Luo Y. Identification and Characterization of Cadmium-Related Genes in Liver Carcinoma. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2018;182:238-247 pubmed publisher..SLC7A11 might be a prognostic factor for patients with liver carcinoma. Future validation experiments are needed to verify the results. ..
- Jahng W, Cheung E, Rando R. Lecithin retinol acyltransferase forms functional homodimers. Biochemistry. 2002;41:6311-9 pubmedMembrane-bound lecithin retinol acyltransferase (LRAT), an essential enzyme in vitamin A processing, catalyzes the formation of retinyl esters from vitamin A and lecithin. Cloned and expressed LRAT has a molecular mass of 25.3 kDa...
- Boorjian S, Tickoo S, Mongan N, Yu H, Bok D, Rando R, et al. Reduced lecithin: retinol acyltransferase expression correlates with increased pathologic tumor stage in bladder cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:3429-37 pubmed..Moreover, we demonstrate an inverse correlation of LRAT mRNA and protein expression with increasing tumor stage. These data suggest that loss of LRAT expression is associated with invasive bladder cancer. ..
- Zolfaghari R, Ross A. Cloning, gene organization and identification of an alternative splicing process in lecithin:retinol acyltransferase cDNA from human liver. Gene. 2004;341:181-8 pubmed