Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LAT2
Description: linker for activation of T cells family, member 2
Alias: LAB, NTAL, WBSCR15, WBSCR5, WSCR5, Williams-Beuren syndrome chromosomal region 15 protein, Williams-Beuren syndrome chromosomal region 5 protein, linker for activation of B-cells, linker for activation of T cells, transmembrane adaptor 2, linker for activation of T-cells family member 2, membrane-associated adapter molecule, non-T-cell activation linker
Publications125 found, 100 shown here
- Comparative genomic sequence analysis of the Williams syndrome region (LIMK1-RFC2) of human chromosome 7q11.23D W Martindale
Department of Biology, Centre for Environmental Health, P O Box 3020, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 3N5 Canada
Mamm Genome 11:890-8. 2000..Evidence was also found for WBSCR5 in this region, but not the previously proposed genes WSCR2 and WSCR6...
- Identification of genes from a 500-kb region at 7q11.23 that is commonly deleted in Williams syndrome patientsL R Osborne
Department of Genetics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genomics 36:328-36. 1996..LIMK1 and WSCR1 may be particularly relevant when explaining cognitive defects observed in WS patients...
- Protein kinase activity is central to rat germ cell apoptosis induced by methoxyacetic acidT Jindo
Reproductive Toxicology Group, National Toxicology Program, NIEHS, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Toxicol Pathol 29:607-16. 2001..Preliminary data from this lab suggested the involvement of protein kinase activity in the development of this lesion, a hypothesis explored in ..
- Effects of corn oil, time-related changes, and inter-laboratory variability on tumor occurrence in control Fischer 344 (F344/N) ratsJ K Haseman
Division of Biometry and Risk Assessment, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Toxicol Pathol 20:52-60. 1992..control data are to be utilized in the interpretation of experimental results, primary emphasis should be given to lab and route of administration-specific tumor rates for studies that are contemporary to the study under evaluation...
- [Rapid detection of Escherichia coli 0157:H7 in feces by latex agglutination and immunochromatographic assay]M Komatsu
Department of Clinical Pathology, Tenri Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:1124-30. 1997The rapid detection method of Escherichia coli O157 in feces by using the latex agglutination test kit (Prolex; Pro Lab Diagnostics) and the immunochromatic assay kit (NOW EH. E. coli; Binax) was studied...
- Sleep in the laboratory and sleep at home II: comparisons of middle-aged insomnia sufferers and normal sleepersJ D Edinger
VA and Duke University Medical Centers, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Sleep 24:761-70. 2001..compared adaptation responses and sleep pattern differences shown by normal sleepers and insomnia sufferers during lab (LPSG) and home (HPSG) polysomnography. DESIGN: A counter-balanced, matched-group design was used...
- Intra-articular fractures of the distal end of the radius treated with an adjustable fixator systemR M Zanotti
Section of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor 48109 0328, USA
J Hand Surg Am 22:428-40. 1997..in 16 adults (mean age, 34 years) were treated with the Wrist Jack external fixator system (Hand Biomechanics Lab, Sacramento, CA) and evaluated at a mean follow-up period of 25 months...
- Nightcap: a home-based sleep monitoring systemA Mamelak
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Sleep 12:157-66. 1989..Four subjects were monitored in the sleep lab with both our headgear and standard polysomnography...
- Evaluation of EEG cyclic alternating pattern during sleep in insomniacs and controls under placebo and acute treatment with zolpidemM G Terzano
Department of Neurology, University of Parma, Italy
Sleep 15:64-70. 1992..After adaptation to the sleep lab, 18 subjects (12 with persistent psychophysiological insomnia and 6 without sleep complaints), all aged 40-60 years,..
- Identification of a novel system L amino acid transporter structurally distinct from heterodimeric amino acid transportersEllappan Babu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:43838-45. 2003..Distinct from already known system L transporters LAT1 and LAT2, which form heterodimeric complex with 4F2 heavy chain, LAT3 was functional by itself in Xenopus oocytes...
- [Little known activity of the Czestochowa typhus Institute in 1943 and 1944]P Aramowicz
Katedra Historii Medycyny i Farmacji, Wierzbowa
Arch Hist Filoz Med 59:85-90. 1996..plant employed there being no data left but according to employees still alive there must have been about a hundred lab. staff and two hundred feeders. The plant was divided into "breeding", "preparatory" and "liofilisation" sections...
- Identification and characterization of a Na(+)-independent neutral amino acid transporter that associates with the 4F2 heavy chain and exhibits substrate selectivity for small neutral D- and L-amino acidsY Fukasawa
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:9690-8. 2000..homology (66% identity at the amino acid level) to the Na(+)-independent broad scope neutral amino acid transporter LAT2 (Segawa, H., Fukasawa, Y., Miyamoto, K., Takeda, E., Endou, H., and Kanai, Y. (1999) J. Biol. Chem...
- The rape exam: beyond the hospital emergency roomP Y Martin
Florida State University School of Social Work, Tallahassee 32306
Women Health 12:5-28. 1987..2), a nonhospital-based SATC, a proprietary OB/GYN clinic, a medical examiner's office, and a law enforcement crime lab. Open-ended interviews indicate that major problems with hospitals as exam sites stem from physicians' dislike of ..
- Ornithine transport via cationic amino acid transporter-1 is involved in ornithine cytotoxicity in retinal pigment epithelial cellsShiho Kaneko
Department of Ophthalmology, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:464-71. 2007..This study was intended to clarify the mechanism of ornithine cytotoxicity and to determine the responsible amino acid transporters...
- Sleep in the laboratory and sleep at home: comparisons of older insomniacs and normal sleepersJ D Edinger
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Sleep 20:1119-26. 1997..e. lab and home)...
- Characterization of the system L amino acid transporter in T24 human bladder carcinoma cellsDo Kyung Kim
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Tokyo 181 8611, Mitaka, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1565:112-21. 2002..membrane together with its associating protein 4F2hc, whereas T24 cells do not express the other system L isoform LAT2. The uptake of [14C]L-leucine by T24 cells is Na(+)-independent and almost completely inhibited by system L ..
- Full polysomnography in the homeJ M Fry
Hahnemann School of Medicine, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Philadelphia, Pa. 19129, USA
Sleep 21:635-42. 1998..However, patients reported more sleep time and a better overall test experience in the lab. Assessments of sleep quality and morning alertness compared to usual were rated higher in the lab...
- Functional characterization of two S-nitroso-L-cysteine transporters, which mediate movement of NO equivalents into vascular cellsSheng Li
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1263-71. 2007..that uptake increased only when both 4F2 heavy chain (4F2HC) and either L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) or LAT2 light chain were coexpressed...
- [Diagnostic focus on the child with epilepsy and neuropsychological deterioration]A C Rodríguez-Barrionuevo
Hospital Materno Infantil, Unidad de Neuropediatria, Carlos Haya, Malaga, Espana
Rev Neurol 26:322-30. 1998..the diagnosis of the hereditary metabolic and heredodegeneratives diseases can be made by the characteristics of the seizures but in most cases the diagnosis will be established by the symptoms of the basic disease and the lab data.
- Assessment of accuracy and analysis time of a novel device to monitor sleep and breathing in the homeD P White
National Jewish Center, Denver V.A. Medical Center, CO 80220, USA
Sleep 18:115-26. 1995..Two separate studies were completed. NW was compared to a simultaneously obtained PSG in 30 patients (IN-LAB study)...
- Involvement of LAT1 and LAT2 in the high- and low-affinity transport of L-leucine in human retinal pigment epithelial cells (ARPE-19 cells)Atsushi Yamamoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Pharm Sci 99:2475-82. 2010System L, which is encoded by LAT1 and LAT2, is an amino acid transport system that transports neutral amino acids, including several essential amino acids in an Na+-independent manner...
- Identification of stereoselective transporters for S-nitroso-L-cysteine: role of LAT1 and LAT2 in biological activity of S-nitrosothiolsSheng Li
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20102-10. 2005..To show that system L family members mediate uptake, we expressed two members, LAT1 and LAT2, in Xenopus oocytes...
- A study of L-leucine, L-phenylalanine and L-alanine transport in the perfused rat mammary gland: possible involvement of LAT1 and LAT2D B Shennan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr Scotland, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1564:133-9. 2002..Lactating rat mammary tissue was found to express both LAT1 and LAT2 mRNA...
- High- and low-affinity transport of L-leucine and L-DOPA by the hetero amino acid exchangers LAT1 and LAT2 in LLC-PK1 renal cellsPatricio Soares-da-Silva
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F252-61. 2004..05) by L-cysteine, L-leucine, BCH, and L-DOPA but not by L-arginine. RT-PCR detected LAT1 and LAT2 transcripts in LLC-PK1 cells...
- Basolateral aromatic amino acid transporter TAT1 (Slc16a10) functions as an efflux pathwayTamara Ramadan
Institute of Physiology and Centre for Integrative Human Physiology ZIHP, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse, Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Physiol 206:771-9. 2006..The best characterized basolateral amino acid transporters are y+LAT1-4F2hc and LAT2-4F2hc that function as obligatory exchangers and thus, do not contribute to net amino acid (re)absorption...
- Cloning and gene silencing of LAT2, the L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA) transporter, in pig renal LLC-PK1 epithelial cellsPatricio Soares-da-Silva
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, 4200 Porto, Portugal
FASEB J 18:1489-98. 2004Organ-specific overexpression of type 2 L-amino acid transporter (LAT2) in the kidney of the spontaneous hypertensive rat (SHR), accompanied by an enhanced ability to take up L-DOPA, may constitute the basis for the enhanced renal ..
- System L-amino acid transporters are differently expressed in rat astrocyte and C6 glioma cellsDo Kyung Kim
Department of Oral Physiology, Chosun University College of Dentistry, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, 501 759, South Korea
Neurosci Res 50:437-46. 2004..The rat astrocyte cultures expressed the l-type amino acid transporter 2 (LAT2) with its subunit 4F2hc, whereas the l-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) was not expressed in these cells...
- [Randomized, comparative study on the treatment of moderate arterial hypertension during pregnancy: methyldopa, acebutolol, labetalol]H Lardoux
Service de cardiologie, , Corbeil-Essonnes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:137-40. 1988..antihypertensive sequence was to compare a betablocker with sympathomimetic activity (ACE) and an alphabetablocker (LAB) to the gold standard treatment (MD) in moderate HDP (BP greater than 90 mmHg)...
- Hyperammonemia increases the expression and activity of the glutamine/arginine transporter y+ LAT2 in rat cerebral cortex: implications for the nitric oxide/cGMP pathwayMagdalena Zielinska
Department of Neurotoxicology, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5 Str, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Neurochem Int 58:190-5. 2011..study we demonstrate that a 3-day HA in the ammonium acetate model increases the expression in the brain of y(+)LAT2, the heteromeric transporter which preferentially stimulates Arg efflux from the cells in exchange for Gln...
- Alanine metabolism, transport, and cycling in the brainStefan Broer
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Australian National University, Acton, Canberra ACT, Australia
J Neurochem 102:1758-70. 2007..Alanine uptake into astrocytes was largely mediated by system L isoform LAT2, whereas alanine uptake into neurons was mediated by Na(+)-dependent transporters with properties similar to system ..
- L-leucine transport in human breast cancer cells (MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231): kinetics, regulation by estrogen and molecular identity of the transporterD B Shennan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland, KA6 5HL, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1664:206-16. 2004..Quantitative real-time PCR revealed that LAT1 mRNA was approximately 200 times more abundant than LAT2 mRNA in MCF-7 cells and confirmed that MDA-MB-231 cells express LAT1 but not LAT2 mRNA...
- Nocturnal cluster headache associated with sleep apnea. A case reportP Buckle
Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Sleep 16:487-9. 1993..Following investigation in the sleep lab he was found to have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) with associated oxygen desaturations during rapid eye movement (..
- Regulation of system x(c)(-)activity and expression in astrocytes by interleukin-1β: implications for hypoxic neuronal injuryNicole A Jackman
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3401, USA
Glia 58:1806-15. 2010..IL-1β does not regulate the light chain of the amino acid transporter, LAT2, or the expression and function of astrocytic excitatory amino acid transporters (EAATs), demonstrating some target ..
- The dopamine precursor L-dihydroxyphenylalanine is transported by the amino acid transporters rBAT and LAT2 in renal cortexHENRY QUINONES
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8856, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F74-80. 2004..yielded l-DOPA uptake significantly above water-injected controls the rBAT/b(0,+)AT dimer (rBAT) and the LAT2/4F2 dimer (LAT2)...
- Dietary protein quality and feed restriction influence abundance of nutrient transporter mRNA in the small intestine of broiler chicksElizabeth R Gilbert
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Nutr 138:262-71. 2008..amino acid transporter 3 (EAAT3), Na+-independent cationic and Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporter (y+ LAT2), and Na+-independent cationic amino acid transporter 2 (CAT2)], glucose transporter [Na+-dependent glucose and ..
- Functional and molecular characteristics of system L in human breast cancer cellsD B Shennan
Hannah Research Institute, Ayr, Scotland KA6 5HL, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1611:81-90. 2003..MDA-MB-231 and MCF-7 cells expressed LAT1 and CD98 mRNA. MCF-7 cells also expressed LAT2 mRNA...
- Glutamine inhibits ammonia-induced accumulation of cGMP in rat striatum limiting arginine supply for NO synthesisWojciech Hilgier
Department of Neurotoxicology, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Neurobiol Dis 35:75-81. 2009..The L-arginine co-substrates of y(+)LAT2 transport system, L-leucine and cyclo-leucine, mimicked the effect of exogenous Gln, suggesting that Gln limits Arg ..
- Recycling of aromatic amino acids via TAT1 allows efflux of neutral amino acids via LAT2-4F2hc exchangerTamara Ramadan
Zurich Centre for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057, Zurich, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 454:507-16. 2007..Because LAT2-4F2hc (Slc7a8-Slc3a2), the best known basolateral neutral amino acid transporter of these epithelial cells, ..
- Reabsorption of neutral amino acids mediated by amino acid transporter LAT2 and TAT1 in the basolateral membrane of proximal tubuleSun Young Park
Department of Pediatrics, Kwangju Christian Hospital, Gwangju 503 715, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 28:421-32. 2005..Therefore, LAT2 and TAT1 play essential roles in the reabsorption of neutral amino acids from the epithelial cells to the blood ..
- Establishment and characterization of mammalian cell lines stably expressing human L-type amino acid transportersEmiko Morimoto
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 108:505-16. 2008..Previously, we identified two isoforms of transporters: L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) and 2 (LAT2) and revealed their distinct substrate selectivity and transport properties...
- Expression of heteromeric amino acid transporters along the murine intestineMital H Dave
Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Physiol 558:597-610. 2004..Immunohistochemistry demonstrated basolateral coexpression of 4F2hc, LAT2 and y(+)-LAT1 in stomach and small intestine, whereas rBAT and b degrees (,+)AT were found colocalizing on the ..
- Vacuolin-1-modulated exocytosis and cell resealing in mast cellsGouse M Shaik
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Cell Signal 21:1337-45. 2009..Furthermore, our results support the concept that lysosomal exocytosis is involved in the repair of injured plasma membranes...
- CD98 and intracellular adhesion molecule I regulate the activity of amino acid transporter LAT-2 in polarized intestinal epitheliaXia Liu
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 278:23672-7. 2003..L. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 39282-39289). In the present study we examined the interaction of CD98/LAT2 with intracellular adhesion molecule I (ICAM-1) and the potential of such interaction on the activation of ..
- [Actigraphy: methodological limits for evaluation of sleep stages and sleep structure of healthy probands]R Conradt
Schlafmedizinisches Labor der Medizinischen Poliklinik,
Pneumologie 51:721-4. 1997..6 +/- 3.3 kg/m2 participated in the study. All subjects were recorded in the sleep lab via cardiorespiratory polysomnography and wrist actigraphy (Ambulatory Monitoring, Ardsley, USA) worn on the non-..
- Comparative gene expression profiling of in vitro differentiated megakaryocytes and erythroblasts identifies novel activatory and inhibitory platelet membrane proteinsIain C Macaulay
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Blood 109:3260-9. 2007..Many of these transcripts, including G6b, G6f, LRRC32, LAT2, and the G protein-coupled receptor SUCNR1, encode proteins with structural features or functions that suggest they ..
- Functional activity of a large neutral amino acid transporter (LAT) in rabbit retina: a study involving the in vivo retinal uptake and vitreal pharmacokinetics of L-phenyl alanineHarisha Atluri
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, 5005 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110 2499, USA
Int J Pharm 347:23-30. 2008..The purpose of this study is to elucidate the functional activity of large neutral amino acid transporter (LAT) in rabbit retina and to delineate its role in the retinal uptake and intravitreal pharmacokinetics of L-phenylalanine (L-Phe)...
- Association of 4F2hc with light chains LAT1, LAT2 or y+LAT2 requires different domainsA Bröer
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Biochem J 355:725-31. 2001..light chains, C-terminally truncated mutants of 4F2hc were constructed and co-expressed with the light chains LAT1, LAT2 and y(+)LAT2...
- Properties of L-type amino acid transporter 1 in epidermal ovarian cancerMasahiko Kaji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:329-36. 2010....
- An introduction to computerised speech labK Van Lierde
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 50:309-14. 1996..This can be provided by a computerised technique, the computerised speech lab (CLS), which performs an acoustic analysis of the voice samples and gives objective figures of multiple parameters.
- Fc gamma RII activation induces cell surface ceramide production which participates in the assembly of the receptor signaling complexMarek Korzeniowski
The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Department of Cell Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Cell Physiol Biochem 20:347-56. 2007..The effects of the drugs on the phosphorylation of Fc gamma RII and NTAL were prominent and correlated with a reduction of the cell surface ceramide production by imipramine and an ..
- Drosophila expresses a CD98 transporter with an evolutionarily conserved structure and amino acid-transport propertiesBruno Reynolds
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, U K
Biochem J 420:363-72. 2009..The heterodimeric complexes of CD98hc and the light chains LAT1 (L-type amino acid transporter 1) or LAT2 specifically promote sodium-independent System L exchange of neutral amino acids, including leucine...
- Multiple pathways for cationic amino acid transport in rat thyroid epithelial cell line PC Cl3Tiziano Verri
Laboratory of General Physiology, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Lecce, Lecce, Italy
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C290-303. 2005..Uptake data correlate to expression of the genes encoding for CAT-1, CAT-2B, 4F2hc, y(+)LAT1, y(+)LAT2, rBAT, and b(0,+)AT, an expression profile that is also shown by the rat thyroid gland...
- [Amino acid transporter molecule as a drug target]H Endou
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 114:11P-16P. 1999..As a homolog of LAT1, we also cloned LAT2 which is expressed in various normal tissues...
- Relationship of slow and rapid EEG components of CAP to ASDA arousals in normal sleepL Parrino
, Parma, Italia
Sleep 24:881-5. 2001..SETTING: 40 sleep-lab accomplished recordings. PARTICIPANTS: Healthy subjects belonging to a wide age range (38 +/- 20 yrs.)...
- LAT1 regulates growth of uterine leiomyoma smooth muscle cells- Xia Luo
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Reprod Sci 17:791-7. 2010L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) and LAT2 were shown to encode system L, which mediates the Na(+)-independent transport of branched-chain and aromatic amino acids...
- [Is SnorEx also ApneaEx? A study with a new intra-oral prosthesis as a form of therapy of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome]B Schonhofer
Krankenhaus Kloster Grafschaft, Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Allergologie, Schmallenberg Grafschaft
Pneumologie 51:804-8. 1997..We performed the study to test the effectiveness of the device in reducing the number of obstructive events...
- Models of practice organisation using dental therapists: English case studiesN Sun
Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, University of Liverpool
Br Dent J 211:E6. 2011..A variety of models incorporating DTs in general practice teams exist, some of which may overcome the apparent delegation constraints embedded within this system of remuneration...
- Genetic polymorphisms in the amino acid transporters LAT1 and LAT2 in relation to the pharmacokinetics and side effects of melphalanAnnett Kühne
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:505-17. 2007..As melphalan is a phenylalanine derivative, the pharmacokinetic variability may be determined by genetic polymorphisms in the L-type amino acid transporters LAT1 (SLC7A5) and LAT2 (SLC7A8).
- Deletion of the LIME adaptor protein minimally affects T and B cell development and functionClaude Gregoire
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Eur J Immunol 37:3259-69. 2007..8-fold enhancement in positive selection. Since B cells and activated T cells express LIME and the related adaptor NTAL, mice lacking both adaptors were generated...
- Production and characterization of highly tumor-specific rat monoclonal antibodies recognizing the extracellular domain of human L-type amino-acid transporter 1Yoshiya Ohno
Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 4 1 Kowakae 3 chome, Higashiosaka shi, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1000-7. 2008..of LAT1 on cells transfected with cDNA of LAT1, but not with cells transfected with cDNA of other CD98 lc, namely, LAT2, y(+)LAT1, y(+)LAT2, and xCT amino acid transporters...
- Characterization and astrocytic modulation of system L transporters in brain microvasculature endothelial cellsYadollah Omidi
Pharmaceutical Cell Biology, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Cell Biochem Funct 26:381-91. 2008..system L that consists of large and small neutral amino acids (NAAs) transporters, that is, LAT1/4F2hc and LAT2/4F2hc, respectively...
- Intersensory facilitation in rapid single-joint voluntary activation and cancellation of arm movementsY L Lo
Department of Neurology, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore, 169608, Singapore
Int J Neurosci 117:823-35. 2007..For motor activation, onset latencies and duration of agonist (Lat1, Dur1) and antagonist (Lat2, Dur2) muscles were recorded...
- Expression of thyroid hormone transporters in the human placenta and changes associated with intrauterine growth restrictionL S Loubière
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Placenta 31:295-304. 2010..We describe the ontogeny of the TH transporters MCT8, MCT10, LAT1, LAT2, OATP1A2 and OATP4A1 in a large series (n = 110) of normal human placentae across gestation and describe their ..
- Activation of a system A amino acid transporter, ATA1/SLC38A1, in human hepatocellular carcinoma and preneoplastic liver tissuesNobuo Kondoh
Department of Biochemistry, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa shi, Saitama 359 8513, Japan
Int J Oncol 31:81-7. 2007..mRNAs including A system (ATA1/SNAT1/SLC38A1, ATA2/SNAT2/SLC38A2 and ATA3/SNAT3/SLC38A4), L system (LAT1/SLC7A5 and LAT2/SLC7A8), and y+ (CAT2/SLC7A2) genes, were compared among hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and non-cancerous liver ..
- Genomic regulation of intestinal amino acid transporters by aldosteroneJoão S Amaral
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Mol Cell Biochem 313:1-10. 2008Overexpression of renal LAT2, a Na+ -independent L-amino acid transporter, in spontaneous hypertensive rats (SHR) is organ specific and precedes the onset of hypertension (Pinho et al., Hypertension, 42:613-618, 2003)...
- Regulation of Ca2+ signaling in mast cells by tyrosine-phosphorylated and unphosphorylated non-T cell activation linkerLubica Dráberová
Department of Signal Transduction, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
J Immunol 179:5169-80. 2007..adaptors LAT (linker for activation of T cells) and NTAL (non-T cell activation linker, also called LAB or LAT2). NTAL regulates activation of mast cells by a mechanism, which is incompletely understood...
- Progress in allergy signal research on mast cells: signal regulation of multiple mast cell responses through FcepsilonRISho Yamasaki
Laboratory for Cell Signaling, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 106:336-40. 2008..Transmembrane adaptors LAT and NTAL contribute to the maintenance of prolonged Erk activation through membrane retention of the Ras-activating complex, ..
- Cellular localization of glutamate and glutamine metabolism and transport pathways in the rat ciliary epitheliumRebecca G Hu
Department of Optometry and Vision Science, New Zealand National Eye Centre, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:3345-53. 2011....
- The HDAC class I-specific inhibitor entinostat (MS-275) effectively relieves epigenetic silencing of the LAT2 gene mediated by AML1/ETOJ Duque-Afonso
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Freiburg, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Oncogene 30:3062-72. 2011..Previously, we have identified a novel in vivo AML1/ETO target gene, LAT2 (NTAL/LAB/WBSCR5), which is involved in FcɛR I, c-Kit, B-cell and T-cell receptor signalling...
- Non-T cell activation linker regulates ERK activation in Helicobacter pylori-infected epithelial cellsCornelia Rieke
Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Cell Signal 22:395-403. 2010..DRM-associated molecules we identified the transmembrane adapter proteins (TRAPs), non-T cell activation linker (NTAL) and lymphocyte-specific protein tyrosine kinase (Lck)-interacting membrane protein (LIME) to be regulated by H...
- Age-related changes in the renal dopaminergic system and expression of renal amino acid transporters in WKY and SHR ratsVanda Pinto
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faulty of Medicine, University of Porto, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Mech Ageing Dev 132:298-304. 2011..The urinary dopamine/renal delivery of l-DOPA ratio was increased in both rat strains with aging. LAT2 abundance was increased in aged WKY and SHR...
- Neuronal 3',3,5-triiodothyronine (T3) uptake and behavioral phenotype of mice deficient in Mct8, the neuronal T3 transporter mutated in Allan-Herndon-Dudley syndromeEva K Wirth
Neuroscience Research Center, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci 29:9439-49. 2009..We then demonstrated Lat2 expression in cultured neurons and throughout murine brain development...
- Arginine transport in human erythroid cells: discrimination of CAT1 and 4F2hc/y+LAT2 rolesBianca Maria Rotoli
Unit of General and Clinical Pathology, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Parma, Via Volturno, 39 43125, Parma, Italy
Pflugers Arch 458:1163-73. 2009..no information exists on the role of the heterodimeric transporters of system y(+)L (4F2hc/y(+)LAT1 and 4F2hc/y(+)LAT2) which operates transmembrane arginine fluxes cis-inhibited by neutral amino acids in the presence of sodium...
- Investigation of the mechanism by which herpes simplex virus type 1 LAT sequences modulate preferential establishment of latent infection in mouse trigeminal gangliaYumi Imai
University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0412, USA
J Virol 83:7873-82. 2009..Studies with the chimeric virus HSV-1 17syn+/LAT2, an HSV-1 virus engineered to express HSV-2 LAT, demonstrated that this virus exhibited an HSV-2 latency phenotype, ..
- Primary and secondary thyroid hormone transportersAnita Kinne
Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie FMP, Robert Roessle Str, 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Thyroid Res 4:S7. 2011..g. OATP1C1, OATP1A2, OPTP1A4) and the large neutral amino acid transporters (LAT1 and LAT2)...
- Culture-induced changes in blood-brain barrier transcriptome: implications for amino-acid transporters in vivoRuth Lyck
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:1491-502. 2009..In contrast, five AA transporter mRNAs with low expression in ppMBMECs, including y(+)Lat2, xCT, and Snat1, were upregulated by culture...
- Changes in mRNA expression of ABC and SLC transporters in liver and intestines of the adjuvant-induced arthritis ratSatoshi Uno
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 3 4 1 Kowakae, Higashi Osaka, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Biopharm Drug Dispos 30:49-54. 2009..In contrast, the mRNA levels of several ABC and SLC transporters, especially Mrp2, Bcrp, LAT2 and Oatp1a5, were significantly lower in the small intestines of AA rats compared with the controls on D7, though ..
- Dietary protein composition influences abundance of peptide and amino acid transporter messenger ribonucleic acid in the small intestine of 2 lines of broiler chicksE R Gilbert
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Blacksburg, 24061, USA
Poult Sci 89:1663-76. 2010..excitatory AA transporter 3 (EAAT3), Na(+)-independent cationic and Na(+)-dependent neutral AA transporter 2 (y(+)LAT2), L-type AA transporter 1 (LAT1), and cationic AA transporter 1 (CAT1)], and a digestive enzyme (aminopeptidase N) ..
- The monocarboxylate transporter 8 and L-type amino acid transporters 1 and 2 are expressed in mouse skeletons and in osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cellsLuciane P Capelo
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 19:171-80. 2009..the sodium taurocholate co-transporting polypeptide (NTCP), the L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) and 2 (LAT2), and the monocarboxylate transporter 8 (MCT8)...
- Dihydrotestosterone stimulates amino acid uptake and the expression of LAT2 in mouse skeletal muscle fibres through an ERK1/2-dependent mechanismM M Hamdi
Biomedical and Clinical Sciences Research Institute, School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
J Physiol 589:3623-40. 2011..Additionally, DHT treatment increased the expression of LAT2 and the phosphorylation of the EGFR in the fast-twitch fibre bundles and that of ERK1/2, RSK1/2 and ATF2 in both ..
- Characterization of amino acid transport system L in HTB-41 human salivary gland epidermoid carcinoma cellsNo Seung Park
Oral Biology Research Institute and The Second Stage of BK21, Chosun University College of Dentistry, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
Anticancer Res 28:2649-55. 2008..The current study attempted to investigate the expression and functional characterization of amino acid transport system L in HTB-41 human submaxillary salivary gland epidermoid carcinoma cells...
- Pharmacokinetic role of L-type amino acid transporters LAT1 and LAT2Eva M Del Amo
Centre for Drug Research, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Pharm Sci 35:161-74. 2008LAT1 and LAT2 are heterodimeric large amino acid transporters that are expressed in various tissues, including the intestinal wall, blood-brain barrier, and kidney...
- Uptake of 3-[125I]iodo-alpha-methyl-L-tyrosine into colon cancer DLD-1 cells: characterization and inhibitory effect of natural amino acids and amino acid-like drugsNaoto Shikano
Department of Radiological Sciences, Ibaraki Prefectural University of Health Sciences, Ami Machi, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki 300 0394, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 37:197-204. 2010..We examined 3-[(123)I]iodo-alpha-methyl-L-tyrosine ([(123)I]IMT) uptake and inhibition by amino acids and amino acid-like drugs in the human DLD-1 colon cancer cell line, to discuss correlation between the inhibition effect and structure...
- Training subjective insomniacs to accurately perceive sleep onsetR Downey
Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Hospital, Loma Linda, California
Sleep 15:58-63. 1992..Each week consisted of a baseline lab night, a training lab night (treatment or control), a home (unmonitored night) and a recovery lab night...
- Transmembrane adaptor proteins in membrane microdomains: important regulators of immunoreceptor signalingVaclav Horejsi
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Immunol Lett 92:43-9. 2004..several recently described transmembrane adaptor proteins, LAT, non-T cell activation linker (NTAL)/linker for activation of B cells (LAB), phosphoprotein associated with GEMs (PAG)/Csk-binding protein (Cbp) and LIME...
- Transport of a neurotoxicant by molecular mimicry: the methylmercury-L-cysteine complex is a substrate for human L-type large neutral amino acid transporter (LAT) 1 and LAT2Tracey A Simmons-Willis
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 575 Elmwood Avenue, Box EHSC, Rochester, NY 14642, U S A
Biochem J 367:239-46. 2002..in Xenopus laevis oocytes expressing two of the major L-type carriers in humans, LAT1-4F2 heavy chain (4F2hc) and LAT2-4F2hc...
- The missing link(er): a return to symmetry in antigen receptor signaling?Ronald L Wange
Laboratory of Biological Chemistry, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, MSC 12, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Mol Interv 3:75-8, 50. 2003..in B cells and myeloid cells, alternatively termed NTAL (non-T cell activation linker) or LAB (linker for activation of B cells)...
- Divergent human and mouse orthologs of a novel gene (WBSCR15/Wbscr15) reside within the genomic interval commonly deleted in Williams syndromeJ L Doyle
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 90:285-90. 2000..of gene-prediction programs and cDNA isolation to identify the human and mouse orthologs of a novel gene (WBSCR15 and Wbscr15, respectively) residing within the genomic segment commonly deleted in WS...
- The 4F2hc/LAT1 complex transports L-DOPA across the blood-brain barrierT Kageyama
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoin Kawaharacho, Sakyo ku, 606 8507, Kyoto, Japan
Brain Res 879:115-21. 2000..Recently, it has been demonstrated that system L consists of two subunits, 4F2hc and either LAT1 or LAT2. 4F2hc/LAT1 and 4F2hc/LAT2 show different transport characteristics, while their distribution in the brain has not ..
- The heterodimeric amino acid transporter 4F2hc/y+LAT2 mediates arginine efflux in exchange with glutamineA Bröer
Universitat Tubingen, Physiologisches Institut, Gmelinstr 5, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Biochem J 349:787-95. 2000..Arginine release in mammalian cells can be mediated by two different transporters, y(+)LAT1 and y(+)LAT2. For insertion into the plasma membrane, these transporters have to be associated with the type-II membrane ..
- Cloning and functional characterization of a Na(+)-independent, broad-specific neutral amino acid transporter from mammalian intestineD P Rajan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 2100, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1463:6-14. 2000..This protein, called LAT2, consists of 535 amino acids and is distinct from LAT1 which also interacts with 4F2hc to induce system L-like ..
- LAT2, a new basolateral 4F2hc/CD98-associated amino acid transporter of kidney and intestineG Rossier
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, CH 1066 Epalinges s Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 274:34948-54. 1999..In this study, we characterized a novel gpaAT, LAT2, for which mouse and human cDNAs were identified by expressed sequence tag data base searches...
- Cloning and expression of a b(0,+)-like amino acid transporter functioning as a heterodimer with 4F2hc instead of rBAT. A new candidate gene for cystinuriaD P Rajan
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 274:29005-10. 1999..to the other five known members of the 4F2 light chain family, namely LAT1 (4F2-lc1), y(+)LAT1 (4F2-lc2), y(+)LAT2 (4F2-lc3), xCT (4F2-lc4), and LAT2 (4F2-lc5)...
- A comparison of mental activity during sleep onset and morning awakeningP C Cicogna
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Italy
Sleep 21:462-70. 1998..One hundred forty-four dream reports and their association reports were collected from 36 subjects in a lab experimental design...
- Evaluation of the Healthdyne NightWatch system to titrate CPAP in the homeD P White
National Jewish Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Sleep 21:198-204. 1998..This group was compared with 30 patients who were diagnosed with sleep apnea using standard in-lab polysomnography and had CPAP titrated on a full night in the laboratory...
- [Physical training of patients with sleep apnea]N Netzer
Pneumologie 51:779-82. 1997PURPOSE: It is a common question of sleep apnoea patients in the sleep lab whether they stand a chance to decrease the symptoms and severity of their disease by physical exercise...
- [Sleep and respiration at an altitude of 6,400 m (Aconcagua, Argentina]N Netzer
Pneumologie 51:729-35. 1997..Modifying a portable sleep lab (Vitalog HMS 5000), we were able to conduct 7 channel polygraphy on our ascent to the Aconcagua up to an altitude ..
- Isolation of monoclonal antibodies from cell containing hybridoma broth using a protein A coated adsorbent in expanded bedsJ Thommes
Institut für Enzymtechnologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Jüllich, Germany
J Chromatogr A 752:111-22. 1996..A scale up of the MAb purification is demonstrated from lab scale (250 mg MAb per purification cycle) to a small pilot scale (2 g MAb per cycle)...
- Molecular definition of the chromosome 7 deletion in Williams syndrome and parent-of-origin effects on growthL A Perez Jurado
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
Am J Hum Genet 59:781-92. 1996..An imprinted locus, silent on the paternal chromosome and contributing to statural growth, may be affected by the deletion...
- [Efficiency of portable sleep apnea screening instruments]N Netzer
Klinik Bad Reichenhall der LVA Niederbayern/Oberpfalz
Pneumologie 47:126-9. 1993..and controlled the results obtained by measurements with a CO2 infrared absorption spectrometer in our sleep lab. A total of 3201 nocturnal events were recorded via MESAM and 1488 via the Apnoe-Check System...
- Enhancement of host resistance against Salmonella typhimurium infection by a diet supplemented with yogurtC De Simone
Clinica Malattie Infettive, , Roma, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:399-415. 1988The effect of a diet supplemented with yogurt containing live lactobacilli (LAB) - Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus - on the response of inbred mice to infection with Salmonella typhimurium was elaborated...
- METHYLMERCURY TRANSPORT ACROSS CELL MEMBRANESNazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2005..the mechanism by which the MeHg-L-cysteine complex is transported on the L-type amino acid transporters LAT1 and LAT2. II...
- Adaptor molecules in lymphocyte signalingWeiguo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003..We named this gene, LAB (Linker for activation of B cells). Our preliminary data showed that LAB shares many characteristics with LAT...
- Adaptor molecules in lymphocyte signalingWeiguo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..We named this gene, LAB (Linker for activation of B cells). Our preliminary data showed that LAB shares many characteristics with LAT...
- Adaptor molecules in lymphocyte signalingWeiguo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2006..We named this gene, LAB (Linker for activation of B cells). Our preliminary data showed that LAB shares many characteristics with LAT...
- Acetylcysteine: An Antidote for Methylmercury PoisoningTRACEY SIMMONS WILLIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our recent work has shown that MeHg-L-cysteine is a substrate for the human amino acid transporters, LAT1 and LAT2, facilitating MeHg's rapid distribution in the body (Simmons-Willis et al. Biochem. Journal, in press)...
- Breast Cancer-Proximal Stroma Interaction & AromataseSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2007..noncarrier controls. Proposed studies may lead to new pilot trials of treatment and prevention using p38/JNK inhibitors in BRCA1 mutation carriers. ..
- Breast Cancer-Proximal Stroma Interaction & AromataseSerdar E Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2010..noncarrier controls. Proposed studies may lead to new pilot trials of treatment and prevention using p38/JNK inhibitors in BRCA1 mutation carriers. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS IN ENDOMETRIOSISSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2007..Investigation of local feedback mechanisms responsible for interactions between estrogen biosynthesis, tissue growth, and inflammation will lead to the rational design of novel drug treatments. ..
- ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS AND UTERINE LEIOMYOMATASerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2007..We predict that these studies will establish the critical role of P450arom in uterine leiomyomata and lead to identification of novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Breast Cancer-Proximal Stroma Interaction and AromataseSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- MECHANISMS OF ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS IN ENDOMETRIOSISSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2002..The role of aromatase inhibitors in the treatment of endometriosis (in comparison with conventional treatments) will also be characterized in this model. ..