Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lamp-2
Description: lysosomal associated membrane protein 2
Alias: CD107b, LAMP-2, LAMPB, LGP-96, LGP110, lysosome-associated membrane glycoprotein 2, CD107 antigen-like family member B
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Sun Y, Liou B, Ran H, Skelton M, Williams M, Vorhees C, et al. Neuronopathic Gaucher disease in the mouse: viable combined selective saposin C deficiency and mutant glucocerebrosidase (V394L) mice with glucosylsphingosine and glucosylceramide accumulation and progressive neurological deficits. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1088-97 pubmed publisher
- Luciano Mateo F, Cabré N, Fernández Arroyo S, Baiges Gaya G, Hernández Aguilera A, Rodríguez Tomàs E, et al. Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2 gene ablation protects low-density lipoprotein and paraoxonase-1 double deficient mice from liver injury, oxidative stress and inflammation. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2019;: pubmed publisher
- Schiattarella G, Cerulo G, De Pasquale V, Cocchiaro P, Paciello O, Avallone L, et al. The Murine Model of Mucopolysaccharidosis IIIB Develops Cardiopathies over Time Leading to Heart Failure. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131662 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings demonstrate that NAGLU(-/-) mice develop heart disease, valvular abnormalities and cardiac failure associated with an impaired lysosomal autophagic flux. ..
- Qadir F, Aziz M, Sari C, Ma H, Dai H, Wang X, et al. Transcriptome reprogramming by cancer exosomes: identification of novel molecular targets in matrix and immune modulation. Mol Cancer. 2018;17:97 pubmed publisher..Molecular pathways and biomarkers identified in this study may be clinically exploitable for developing novel liquid-biopsy based diagnostics and immunotherapies. ..
- Wohlgemuth S, Lees H, Marzetti E, Manini T, Aranda J, Daniels M, et al. An exploratory analysis of the effects of a weight loss plus exercise program on cellular quality control mechanisms in older overweight women. Rejuvenation Res. 2011;14:315-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, although exploratory in nature, this study is among the first to report the stimulation of cellular quality control mechanisms elicited by a weight loss and exercise program in older obese women. ..
- Yu Y, YU Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Z, An W, Zhao X. Treatment with D-Î²-hydroxybutyrate protects heart from ischemia/reperfusion injury in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;829:121-128 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, treatment of I/R mice with BHB abated oxidative stress and attenuated endoplasmic reticulum stress in myocardium. Our results indicated that treatment with exogenous BHB protected heart from I/R injury in mice. ..
- Cho H, Choi J, Lee S. Impairment of autophagosome-lysosome fusion contributes to chronic ethanol-induced liver injury. Alcohol. 2014;48:717-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that chronic ethanol consumption leads to impairment of autophagic flux, which contributes to ethanol-induced liver injury. ..
- Giegerich A, Kuchler L, Sha L, Knape T, Heide H, Wittig I, et al. Autophagy-dependent PELI3 degradation inhibits proinflammatory IL1B expression. Autophagy. 2014;10:1937-52 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that autophagy causes PELI3 degradation during TLR4-signaling, thereby impairing the hyperinflammatory phase during sepsis. ..
- Ito A, Fukaya M, Saegusa S, Kobayashi E, Sugawara T, Hara Y, et al. Pallidin is a novel interacting protein for cytohesin-2 and regulates the early endosomal pathway and dendritic formation in neurons. J Neurochem. 2018;147:153-177 pubmed publisher..Cover Image for this issue: doi: 10.1111/jnc.14197. ..
- Hung T, Yuan R, Huang W, Chen Y, Lin Y, Lin C, et al. Increased Autophagy Markers Are Associated with Ductular Reaction during the Development of Cirrhosis. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:2454-67 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that increased autophagy marker positively correlated with DR during the development of cirrhosis. Therefore, targeting autophagy may hold therapeutic value for liver cirrhosis. ..
- Yin Y, Li E, Sun G, Yan H, Foley L, Andrzejczuk L, et al. Effects of DHA on Hippocampal Autophagy and Lysosome Function After Traumatic Brain Injury. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55:2454-2470 pubmed publisher..Swift post-injury DHA administration restores hippocampal lysosomal biogenesis and function, demonstrating its therapeutic potential. ..
- Liu H, Jiang W, Chen X, Chang G, Zhao L, Li X, et al. Skeletal muscle-specific Sidt2 knockout in mice induced muscular dystrophy-like phenotype. Metabolism. 2018;85:259-270 pubmed publisher..We concluded that Sidt2 deficiency leads to muscular dystrophy-like phenotype in mice and Sidt2 plays a critical role in the late stage of autophagy. ..
- Lina T, Luo T, Velayutham T, Das S, McBride J. Ehrlichia Activation of Wnt-PI3K-mTOR Signaling Inhibits Autolysosome Generation and Autophagic Destruction by the Mononuclear Phagocyte. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..This report reveals Ehrlichia exploitation of the evolutionarily conserved Wnt pathway to inhibit autolysosome generation, thereby leading to evasion of this important innate immune defense mechanism. ..
- Xu J, Liu F, Li W, Zhao Y, Zhao D, Luo Y, et al. Cylindrical Spirals in Skeletal Muscles Originate From the Longitudinal Sarcoplasmic Reticulum. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2016;75:148-55 pubmed..Immunochemical staining with antibodies against calsequestrin and RYR1 help to distinguish these 2 pathological alterations. ..
- Zhao K, Hao H, Liu J, Tong C, Cheng Y, Xie Z, et al. Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells ameliorate chronic high glucose-induced Î²-cell injury through modulation of autophagy. Cell Death Dis. 2015;6:e1885 pubmed publisher..This study unveiled novel evidence of BM-MSCs as an ideal strategy to enhance autophagy for treatment of T2D mellitus. ..
- Kayama Y, Shibata M, Takizawa T, Ibata K, Nakahara J, Shimizu T, et al. Signaling Pathways Relevant to Nerve Growth Factor-induced Upregulation of Transient Receptor Potential M8 Expression. Neuroscience. 2017;367:178-188 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insight into the signaling pathways involved in NGF-mediated TRPM8 upregulation and its reversion to the normal state. ..
- Parks A, Charest Morin X, Boivin Welch M, Bouthillier J, Marceau F. Autophagic flux inhibition and lysosomogenesis ensuing cellular capture and retention of the cationic drug quinacrine in murine models. Peerj. 2015;3:e1314 pubmed publisher..As shown in vitro and in vivo, V-ATPase-mediated cation sequestration is associated, above a certain threshold, to autophagic flux inhibition and feed-back lysosomogenesis. ..
- Kang K, Shin J, Lee S. Pterostilbene protects against acetaminophen-induced liver injury by restoring impaired autophagic flux. Food Chem Toxicol. 2019;123:536-545 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that PTE protects against APAP-induced hepatotoxicity by enhancing autophagic flux. ..
- Marsch E, Theelen T, Demandt J, Jeurissen M, van Gink M, Verjans R, et al. Reversal of hypoxia in murine atherosclerosis prevents necrotic core expansion by enhancing efferocytosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:2545-53 pubmed publisher..cell content (-50%) and increased efferocytosis of apoptotic cells by cluster of differentiation 107b(+) (CD107b, MAC3) macrophages (+36%) in advanced plaques of the aortic root...
- Horibe A, Eid N, Ito Y, Hamaoka H, Tanaka Y, Kondo Y. Upregulated Autophagy in Sertoli Cells of Ethanol-Treated Rats Is Associated with Induction of Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase (iNOS), Androgen Receptor Suppression and Germ Cell Apoptosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The results highlighted the molecular mechanisms of prosurvival autophagy in ETR SCs for the first time, and may have significant implications for male fertility. ..
- Kondo T, Namiki T, Coelho S, Valencia J, Hearing V. Oculocutaneous albinism: developing novel antibodies targeting the proteins associated with OCA2 and OCA4. J Dermatol Sci. 2015;77:21-7 pubmed publisher..These results provide a basis to understand how disrupted functions of P or MATP result in the misrouting of tyrosinase and cause the hypopigmentation seen in OCA2 and OCA4. ..
- Shin J, Kang J, Lee S. Enhanced nitric oxide-mediated autophagy contributes to the hepatoprotective effects of ischemic preconditioning during ischemia and reperfusion. Nitric Oxide. 2016;58:10-9 pubmed publisher..IPC also augmented the level of phosphorylated p38 MAPK induced by I/R and this phosphorylation was abolished by L-NAME. Our findings suggest that IPC-mediated NO protects against I/R-induced liver injury by enhancing autophagic flux. ..
- Jin L, Feng T, Chai J, Ghazalli N, Gao D, Zerda R, et al. Colony-forming progenitor cells in the postnatal mouse liver and pancreas give rise to morphologically distinct insulin-expressing colonies in 3D cultures. Rev Diabet Stud. 2014;11:35-50 pubmed publisher..Postnatal liver CFU-Dark display a cell surface marker CD133âºCD49f(low)CD107b(low) phenotype, while pancreatic CFU-Dark are CD133â»...
- Chhangani D, Endo F, Amanullah A, Upadhyay A, Watanabe S, Mishra R, et al. Mahogunin ring finger 1 confers cytoprotection against mutant SOD1 aggresomes and is defective in an ALS mouse model. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;86:16-28 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the present study identifies the MGRN1-mediated protein QC mechanism as a novel therapeutic target in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Demarest T, Waite E, Kristian T, Puche A, Waddell J, McKenna M, et al. Sex-dependent mitophagy and neuronal death following rat neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. Neuroscience. 2016;335:103-13 pubmed publisher..The deficit in elimination of damaged/dysfunctional mitochondria in the male brain following HI may contribute to male vulnerability to neuronal death and long-term neurobehavioral deficits following HIE. ..
- Wiedmer T, Blank A, Pantasis S, Normand L, Bill R, Krebs P, et al. Autophagy Inhibition Improves Sunitinib Efficacy in Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors via a Lysosome-dependent Mechanism. Mol Cancer Ther. 2017;16:2502-2515 pubmed publisher..We suggest that adding chloroquine to sunitinib treatment will increase efficacy of PanNET treatment and that such patients should be included in respective ongoing clinical trials. Mol Cancer Ther; 16(11); 2502-15. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Marycz K, Kornicka K, Grzesiak J, Smieszek A, Szłapka J. Macroautophagy and Selective Mitophagy Ameliorate Chondrogenic Differentiation Potential in Adipose Stem Cells of Equine Metabolic Syndrome: New Findings in the Field of Progenitor Cells Differentiation. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:3718468 pubmed publisher..Our data indicates that autophagy in ASCEMS would be crucial for the quality control mechanisms and maintenance of cellular homeostasis ASCEMS allowing them to be in "stemness" status. ..
- Hua R, Han S, Zhang N, Dai Q, Liu T, Li J. cPKC?-Modulated Sequential Reactivation of mTOR Inhibited Autophagic Flux in Neurons Exposed to Oxygen Glucose Deprivation/Reperfusion. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..cPKCγ-modulated sequential reactivation of mTOR inhibited autophagic flux in neurons exposed to OGD/R, which may provide endogenous interventional strategies for stroke, especially ischemia/reperfusion injury. ..
- Sabe A, Elmadhun N, Sadek A, Chu L, Bianchi C, Sellke F. Differential effects of atorvastatin on autophagy in ischemic and nonischemic myocardium in Ossabaw swine with metabolic syndrome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;148:3172-8 pubmed publisher..The differential regulation on autophagy may, in part, explain the cardioprotective effect of statins in both ischemic and nonischemic myocardia, and these findings may have implications in the setting of cardiac surgery. ..
- Harris White M, Ferbas K, Johnson M, Eslami P, Poteshkina A, Venkova K, et al. A cell-penetrating ester of the neural metabolite lanthionine ketimine stimulates autophagy through the mTORC1 pathway: Evidence for a mechanism of action with pharmacological implications for neurodegenerative pathologies. Neurobiol Dis. 2015;84:60-8 pubmed publisher..These findings clarify the mechanism-of-action for LKE in preclinical models of CNS disease, while suggesting possible roles for natural lanthionine metabolites in regulating CNS autophagy. ..
- Pang S, Chen D, Zhang A, Qin X, Yan B. Genetic analysis of the LAMP-2 gene promoter in patients with sporadic Parkinson's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2012;526:63-7 pubmed publisher..4760T>G), was observed between PD patients and controls. Collectively, the sequence variants within the LAMP-2 gene promoter may be linked to the PD onset by changing LAMP-2 protein levels and impairing autophagy and CMA activities. ..
- Marino M, Musumeci O, Paleologo G, Cucinotta M, Migliorato A, Rodolico C, et al. Ischemic stroke due to hypoperfusion in a patient with a previously unrecognized Danon disease. Neuromuscul Disord. 2016;26:890-894 pubmed publisher..LAMP2 molecular analysis identified a "de novo" mutation (p. Q353X). This patient with a neglected Danon disease, experienced an unusual complication as a stroke due to cerebral hypoperfusion after cardiac arrest caused by WPW syndrome. ..
- Qi L, Zhang X, Wu J, Lin F, Wang J, DiFiglia M, et al. The role of chaperone-mediated autophagy in huntingtin degradation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46834 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that Hsc70 and LAMP-2A through CMA play a role in the clearance of Htt and suggest a novel strategy to target the degradation of mutant Htt. ..
- Fowler D, Copier J, Dalgleish A, Bodman Smith M. Zoledronic acid renders human M1 and M2 macrophages susceptible to V?2+ ?? T cell cytotoxicity in a perforin-dependent manner. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2017;66:1205-1215 pubmed publisher..T cells expressed perforin and degranulated in response to ZA-treated M?s as shown by mobilisation of CD107a and CD107b to the cell surface...
- Furuta K, Yang X, Chen J, Hamilton S, August J. Differential expression of the lysosome-associated membrane proteins in normal human tissues. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1999;365:75-82 pubmed..Our studies of these molecules in human tissues support the conclusion that the expression of the molecules is independently controlled in some tissues, suggesting that the molecules may have independent as well as similar functions. ..
- Piedrahita D, Castro Álvarez J, Boudreau R, Villegas Lanau A, Kosik K, Gallego Gómez J, et al. Î²-Secretase 1's Targeting Reduces Hyperphosphorilated Tau, Implying Autophagy Actors in 3xTg-AD Mice. Front Cell Neurosci. 2015;9:498 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings suggest that BACE1 silencing neuroprotects reducing soluble hyperphosphorylated tau, modulating certain autophagy-related proteins in aged 3xTg-AD mice. ..
- Parcon P, Balasubramaniam M, Ayyadevara S, Jones R, Liu L, Shmookler Reis R, et al. Apolipoprotein E4 inhibits autophagy gene products through direct, specific binding to CLEAR motifs. Alzheimers Dement. 2018;14:230-242 pubmed publisher..ApoE4-CLEAR interactions may account for suppressed autophagy in APOE ɛ4/ɛ4 carriers and, in this way, contribute to earlier AD onset. ..
- Chang M, Karageorgos L, Meikle P. CD107a (LAMP-1) and CD107b (LAMP-2). J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2002;16:147-51 pubmed
- Doehle B, Chang K, Rustagi A, McNevin J, McElrath M, Gale M. Vpu mediates depletion of interferon regulatory factor 3 during HIV infection by a lysosome-dependent mechanism. J Virol. 2012;86:8367-74 pubmed publisher..These observations define the Vpu-IRF3 interface as a novel target for therapeutic strategies aimed at enhancing the immune response to HIV. ..
- Musumeci O, Rodolico C, Nishino I, Di Guardo G, Migliorato A, Aguennouz M, et al. Asymptomatic hyperCKemia in a case of Danon disease due to a missense mutation in Lamp-2 gene. Neuromuscul Disord. 2005;15:409-11 pubmed..This is the first missense mutation so far described. LAMP-2 deficiency should be considered as a cause of recurrent hyperCKemia and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Kuang E, Okumura C, Sheffy Levin S, Varsano T, Shu V, Qi J, et al. Regulation of ATG4B stability by RNF5 limits basal levels of autophagy and influences susceptibility to bacterial infection. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003007 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the RNF5-mediated control of membranalATG4B reveals a novel layer in the regulation of LC3 processing and autophagy. ..
- Singh V, Finke Isami J, Hopper Chidlaw A, Schwerk P, Thompson A, Tedin K. Salmonella Co-opts Host Cell Chaperone-mediated Autophagy for Intracellular Growth. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:1847-1864 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study provides an explanation as to how Salmonella evades activation of autophagy mechanisms as part of the innate immune response. ..
- PÃ©rez L, McLetchie S, Gardiner G, Deffit S, Zhou D, Blum J. LAMP-2C Inhibits MHC Class II Presentation of Cytoplasmic Antigens by Disrupting Chaperone-Mediated Autophagy. J Immunol. 2016;196:2457-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, LAMP-2C serves as a natural inhibitor of CMA that can selectively skew MHCII presentation of cytoplasmic Ags. ..
- Jedlitschky G, Tirschmann K, Lubenow L, Nieuwenhuis H, Akkerman J, Greinacher A, et al. The nucleotide transporter MRP4 (ABCC4) is highly expressed in human platelets and present in dense granules, indicating a role in mediator storage. Blood. 2004;104:3603-10 pubmed..The results indicate a function of MRP4 in platelet mediator storage and inhibition of MRP4 may represent a novel mechanism for inhibition of platelet function by some anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Eskelinen E, Cuervo A, Taylor M, Nishino I, Blum J, Dice J, et al. Unifying nomenclature for the isoforms of the lysosomal membrane protein LAMP-2. Traffic. 2005;6:1058-61 pubmed..To avoid confusion in the literature, we further propose to adopt the use of capital letters for the updated nomenclature of all the isoforms in all three species: LAMP-2A, LAMP-2B, and LAMP-2C. ..
- Couto N, Pedersane D, Rezende L, Dias P, Corbani T, Bentini L, et al. LAMP-2 absence interferes with plasma membrane repair and decreases T. cruzi host cell invasion. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005657 pubmed publisher..The results presented here show the major role of LAMP-2 in caveolin traffic and membrane repair and consequently in T. cruzi invasion. ..
- Carlsson S, Lycksell P, Fukuda M. Assignment of O-glycan attachment sites to the hinge-like regions of human lysosomal membrane glycoproteins lamp-1 and lamp-2. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993;304:65-73 pubmed..These results, taken together, strongly suggest that a hinge region does not display any typical ordered structure. The presence of O-glycans thus likely protects this region from intralumenal lysosomal proteases. ..
- Yan M, Zhu W, Zheng X, Li Y, Tang L, Lu B, et al. Effect of glutamate on lysosomal membrane permeabilization in primary cultured cortical neurons. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:2499-505 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data shed light on the role of ROS-mediated LMP in early glutamate excitotoxicity. ..
- Ebner P, Poetsch I, Deszcz L, Hoffmann T, Zuber J, Ikeda F. The IAP family member BRUCE regulates autophagosome-lysosome fusion. Nat Commun. 2018;9:599 pubmed publisher..Thus, BRUCE promotes autolysosome formation independently of its ubiquitin-conjugating activity and is a regulator of both macroautophagy and apoptosis. ..
- Yang Z, Funke B, Cripe L, Vick G, Mancini Dinardo D, Peña L, et al. LAMP2 microdeletions in patients with Danon disease. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2010;3:129-37 pubmed publisher..The microdeletion mechanism appears to involve 1 Alu-mediated unequal recombination and 2 chromosomal breakage points involving TA-rich repeat sequences. ..
- Duncan E, LariviÃ¨re R, Bradshaw T, Longo F, Sgarioto N, Hayes M, et al. Altered organization of the intermediate filament cytoskeleton and relocalization of proteostasis modulators in cells lacking the ataxia protein sacsin. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:3130-3143 pubmed publisher..These data show that loss of sacsin effects the organization of intermediate filaments in multiple cell types, which impacts the cellular distribution of other organelles and influences autophagic activity. ..
- Fortunato F, Bürgers H, Bergmann F, Rieger P, Buchler M, Kroemer G, et al. Impaired autolysosome formation correlates with Lamp-2 depletion: role of apoptosis, autophagy, and necrosis in pancreatitis. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:350-60, 360.e1-5 pubmed publisher..The combination of alcohol and endotoxemia attenuated apoptosis response yet enhanced acinar cell necrosis. The depletion of lysosomal proteins plays a critical role in the early onset of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Israels S, McMillan E, Robertson C, Singhory S, McNicol A. The lysosomal granule membrane protein, LAMP-2, is also present in platelet dense granule membranes. Thromb Haemost. 1996;75:623-9 pubmed..These data indicate that LAMP-2 is present in the membranes of platelet dense granules in addition to lysosomal granules, and has a similar distribution to CD63. ..
- Fields J, Dumaop W, Eleuteri S, Elueteri S, Campos S, Serger E, et al. HIV-1 Tat alters neuronal autophagy by modulating autophagosome fusion to the lysosome: implications for HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders. J Neurosci. 2015;35:1921-38 pubmed publisher..Therapies targeting Tat-mediated autophagy alterations may decrease neurodegeneration in aging patients with HAND. ..
- Damaghi M, Tafreshi N, Lloyd M, Sprung R, Estrella V, Wojtkowiak J, et al. Chronic acidosis in the tumour microenvironment selects for overexpression of LAMP2 in the plasma membrane. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8752 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potential adaptive mechanism, wherein cells chronically exposed to an acidic environment translocate lysosomal proteins to their surface, thus protecting the plasmalemma from acid-induced hydrolysis. ..
- Roark E, Haldar K. Effects of lysosomal membrane protein depletion on the Salmonella-containing vacuole. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3538 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggests that despite its abundance, LAMP-1 is not essential, but LAMP-2 may be partially important for the Salmonella-containing vacuolar membrane. ..
- Rodriguez Ortiz C, Flores J, Valenzuela J, Rodriguez G, Zumkehr J, Tran D, et al. The Myoblast C2C12 Transfected with Mutant Valosin-Containing Protein Exhibits Delayed Stress Granule Resolution on Oxidative Stress. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:1623-34 pubmed publisher..Our findings support that deficiencies in recovery from stressors may result in attenuated tolerance to stress that could trigger muscle degeneration. ..
- Maiti K, Sultana Z, Aitken R, Morris J, Park F, Andrew B, et al. Evidence that fetal death is associated with placental aging. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:441.e1-441.e14 pubmed publisher..Our data are consistent with a role for aldehyde oxidase 1 and G-protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 in mediating aging of the placenta that may contribute to stillbirth. The placenta is a tractable model of aging in human tissue. ..
- Morita H, Rehm H, Menesses A, McDonough B, Roberts A, Kucherlapati R, et al. Shared genetic causes of cardiac hypertrophy in children and adults. N Engl J Med. 2008;358:1899-908 pubmed publisher..Genetic causes account for about half of presumed sporadic cases and nearly two thirds of familial cases of childhood-onset hypertrophy. Childhood-onset hypertrophy should prompt genetic analyses and family evaluations. ..
- Behnke J, Schneppenheim J, Koch Nolte F, Haag F, Saftig P, Schröder B. Signal-peptide-peptidase-like 2a (SPPL2a) is targeted to lysosomes/late endosomes by a tyrosine motif in its C-terminal tail. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2951-7 pubmed publisher..This motif accounts for the differential localisation of the homologous proteases SPPL2a and SPPL2b and thereby influences the access to substrates and biological function of SPPL2a. ..
- Du H, Sheng M, Wu L, Zhang Y, Shi D, Weng Y, et al. Hydrogen-Rich Saline Attenuates Acute Kidney Injury After Liver Transplantation via Activating p53-Mediated Autophagy. Transplantation. 2016;100:563-70 pubmed publisher..HRS is able to protect against AKI after liver transplantation partly by reducing apoptosis, which is possibly involved in the modulation of p53-mediated autophagy. ..
- Cuervo A, Mann L, Bonten E, D AZZO A, Dice J. Cathepsin A regulates chaperone-mediated autophagy through cleavage of the lysosomal receptor. EMBO J. 2003;22:47-59 pubmed..In addition to the well-studied role of PPCA in targeting and protecting two lysosomal glycosidases, we have defined a role for the proteolytic activity of this multifunctional protein. ..
- Nadeau A, Therrien C, Karpati G, Sinnreich M. Danon disease due to a novel splice mutation in the LAMP2 gene. Muscle Nerve. 2008;37:338-42 pubmed..By identifying this novel mutation we were able to offer genetic screening and counseling to all family members. Presymptomatic diagnosis is important as cardiac surveillance can be life-saving. ..
- Han J, Wang Q, Zhu C, Liu J, Zhang Y, Cui X, et al. Deoxynivalenol exposure induces autophagy/apoptosis and epigenetic modification changes during porcine oocyte maturation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;300:70-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that DON exposure reduced porcine oocytes maturation capability through affecting cytoskeletal dynamics, cell cycle, autophagy/apoptosis and epigenetic modifications. ..
- Picca A, Calvani R, Lorenzi M, Menghi A, Galli M, Vitiello R, et al. Mitochondrial dynamics signaling is shifted toward fusion in muscles of very old hip-fractured patients: Results from the Sarcopenia in HIp FracTure (SHIFT) exploratory study. Exp Gerontol. 2017;96:63-67 pubmed publisher..Muscle mitochondrial dynamics appear to be shifted toward fusion in very advanced age. Whether this phenomenon represents an adaptation to cope with age-dependent mitochondrial dysfunction warrants further investigation. ..
- Payne T, Blackinton J, Frisbee A, Pickeral J, Sawant S, Vandergrift N, et al. Transcriptional and posttranscriptional regulation of cytokine gene expression in HIV-1 antigen-specific CD8+ T cells that mediate virus inhibition. J Virol. 2014;88:9514-28 pubmed publisher..This will, in turn, enhance our ability to inhibit virus replication by informing both cure strategies and HIV-1 vaccine designs that aim to reduce transmission and can aid in blocking HIV-1 acquisition. ..
- Fritsch J, Stephan M, Tchikov V, Winoto Morbach S, Gubkina S, Kabelitz D, et al. Cell fate decisions regulated by K63 ubiquitination of tumor necrosis factor receptor 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:3214-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, K63 ubiquitination of TNF-R1 can be sensed as a new level of regulation of TNF-R1 signaling at the earliest stage after ligand binding. ..
- Sato M, Seki T, Konno A, Hirai H, Kurauchi Y, Hisatsune A, et al. Fluorescent-based evaluation of chaperone-mediated autophagy and microautophagy activities in cultured cells. Genes Cells. 2016;21:861-73 pubmed publisher..We succeeded in establishing the method to separately evaluate CMA and mA activities by fluorescence observation. ..
- Li L, Wang W, Zhang R, Liu J, Yu J, Wu X, et al. High expression of LAMP2 predicts poor prognosis in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Biomark. 2017;19:305-311 pubmed publisher..05). Our results demonstrated that LAMP2 expression levels correlated with tumor histological differentiation and TNM stages. High expression of LAMP2 predicts poor prognosis in patients with ESCC. ..
- Cuervo A, Dice J. A receptor for the selective uptake and degradation of proteins by lysosomes. Science. 1996;273:501-3 pubmed..Overexpression of human LGP96 in Chinese hamster ovary cells increased the activity of the selective lysosomal proteolytic pathway in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Aguilar R, Boehm M, Gorshkova I, Crouch R, Tomita K, Saito T, et al. Signal-binding specificity of the mu4 subunit of the adaptor protein complex AP-4. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13145-52 pubmed..This chimera was targeted to the endosomal-lysosomal system without being internalized from the plasma membrane. ..
- Wu G, Wang X, Feng X, Zhang A, Li J, Gu K, et al. Altered expression of autophagic genes in the peripheral leukocytes of patients with sporadic Parkinson's disease. Brain Res. 2011;1394:105-11 pubmed publisher..The genetic causes leading to decreased LAMP-2 gene expression need further investigation and genetic or pharmacological restoration of LAMP-2 might be a novel strategy for treating PD patients. ..
- Thompson D, Constable P, Liasis A, Walters B, Esteban M. THE PHYSIOLOGY OF THE RETINAL PIGMENT EPITHELIUM IN DANON DISEASE. Retina. 2016;36:629-38 pubmed publisher..Goldmann visual field testing showed constriction of the central field. Low electrooculogram voltages indicate that the retinal pigment epithelium is unable to maintain its tight junctions in Danon disease. ..
- Morell C, Bort A, Vara Ciruelos D, Ramos Torres Á, Altamirano Dimas M, Díaz Laviada I, et al. Up-Regulated Expression of LAMP2 and Autophagy Activity during Neuroendocrine Differentiation of Prostate Cancer LNCaP Cells. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0162977 pubmed publisher..LAMP2 could thus be a potential biomarker and potential target for NE prostate cancer. ..
- Malaguarnera L, Marsullo A, Zorena K, Musumeci G, Di Rosa M. Vitamin D3 regulates LAMP3 expression in monocyte derived dendritic cells. Cell Immunol. 2017;311:13-21 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data showed that the decrease of LAMP3 expression by Vitamin D3could enhance the tolerogenic characteristic of dendritic cells. ..
- Broadbent S, Coutts R. Intermittent and graded exercise effects on NK cell degranulation markers LAMP-1/LAMP-2 and CD8+CD38+ in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis. Physiol Rep. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..and CD3-CD16+56+CD107a+ (LAMP-1) CD107b+ (LAMP-2) and aerobic exercise capacity...
- Hodson N, McGlory C, Oikawa S, Jeromson S, Song Z, RÃ¼egg M, et al. Differential localization and anabolic responsiveness of mTOR complexes in human skeletal muscle in response to feeding and exercise. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C604-C611 pubmed publisher..037). Collectively these data suggest that mTORC1 redistribution within the cell is a fundamental response to resistance exercise and feeding, whereas mTORC2 is predominantly situated at the sarcolemma and does not alter localization. ..
- Trusler O, Huang Z, Goodwin J, Laslett A. Cell surface markers for the identification and study of human naive pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Res. 2018;26:36-43 pubmed publisher..all found to have a +/- expression profile in at least 2 methods, while +/- expression of Tra-1-81, CDH3, CD172a, CD107b, CD229 was reported in one method...
- Mane S, Marzella L, Bainton D, Holt V, Cha Y, Hildreth J, et al. Purification and characterization of human lysosomal membrane glycoproteins. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1989;268:360-78 pubmed
- Karlsson K, Carlsson S. Sorting of lysosomal membrane glycoproteins lamp-1 and lamp-2 into vesicles distinct from mannose 6-phosphate receptor/gamma-adaptin vesicles at the trans-Golgi network. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:18966-73 pubmed..The results indicate that membrane proteins containing tyrosine-based motifs for sorting at the TGN are segregated from clathrin-coated vesicles containing MPRs. ..