Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kv4.3
Description: potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily D member 3
Alias: BRGDA9, KCND3L, KCND3S, KSHIVB, KV4.3, SCA19, SCA22, potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily D member 3, potassium channel, voltage gated Shal related subfamily D, member 3, potassium ionic channel Kv4.3, potassium voltage-gated channel long, potassium voltage-gated channel, Shal-related subfamily, member 3, sha1-related potassium channel Kv4.3, voltage-gated K+ channel, voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv4.3
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Orts D, Peigneur S, Madio B, Cassoli J, Montandon G, Pimenta A, et al. Biochemical and electrophysiological characterization of two sea anemone type 1 potassium toxins from a geographically distant population of Bunodosoma caissarum. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:655-79 pubmed publisher..6 over hKv1.3, rKv1.1, Shaker IR and rKv1.2. Furthermore, we also report for the first time a venom composition and biological activity comparison between two geographically distant populations of sea anemones. ..
- Liu X, Shi S, Yang H, Qu C, Chen Y, Liang J, et al. The activation of N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors downregulates transient outward potassium and L-type calcium currents in rat models of depression. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C187-C196 pubmed publisher..3, and Cav1.2. We observed that acute NMDAR activation led to downregulation of potassium and L-type calcium currents in a rat model of depression, which may be the mechanism underlying ventricular arrhythmia promotion by depression. ..
- Howarth F, Qureshi M, Jayaprakash P, Parekh K, Oz M, Dobrzynski H, et al. The Pattern of mRNA Expression Is Changed in Sinoatrial Node from Goto-Kakizaki Type 2 Diabetic Rat Heart. J Diabetes Res. 2018;2018:8454078 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insight into the changing expression of genes in the sinoatrial node of diabetic heart. ..
- Setién R, Alday A, Diaz Asensio C, Urrutia J, Gallego M, Casis O. Mechanisms responsible for the trophic effect of beta-adrenoceptors on the I(to) current density in type 1 diabetic rat cardiomyocytes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;31:25-36 pubmed publisher..2 and Kv4.2 channels in the plasma membrane upon sympathetic stimulation in diabetic heart. ..
- Cui S, Park H, Park H, Mun D, Lee S, Kim H, et al. The Role of Serotonin in Ventricular Repolarization in Pregnant Mice. Yonsei Med J. 2018;59:279-286 pubmed publisher..Serotonin increases repolarizing currents by augmenting Kv currents. Elevated serotonin levels during pregnancy counterbalance pregnancy-related QT prolongation by facilitating Htr3-mediated Kv currents. ..
- Xu F, Wu X, Jiang L, Zhao H, Pan J. An organelle K+ channel is required for osmoregulation in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:3008-14 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a new role for six-transmembrane K(+) channels in contractile vacuole functioning and provide further insights into osmoregulation mediated by the contractile vacuole. ..
- Liu S, Hsiao Y, Chong E, Singhal R, Fong M, Tsai Y, et al. Rhodiola Inhibits Atrial Arrhythmogenesis in a Heart Failure Model. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2016;27:1093-101 pubmed publisher..The beneficial electrophysiological effect of rhodiola may be related to upregulation of Kv1.4, Kv1.5, Kv4.3, KvLQT1, Cav1.2, SERCA2a, and activation of PI3K/AKT signaling. ..
- Drum B, Yuan C, Li L, Liu Q, Wordeman L, Santana L. Oxidative stress decreases microtubule growth and stability in ventricular myocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;93:32-43 pubmed publisher..3 channels after MI. On the basis of these data, we conclude that, under physiological conditions, MT growth is directionally biased and that increased ROS production during MI disrupts MT dynamics, decreasing K(+) channel trafficking. ..
- Artemov A, Mugue N, Rastorguev S, Zhenilo S, Mazur A, Tsygankova S, et al. Genome-Wide DNA Methylation Profiling Reveals Epigenetic Adaptation of Stickleback to Marine and Freshwater Conditions. Mol Biol Evol. 2017;34:2203-2213 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the genes that harbor genetic and epigenetic changes were not the same, suggesting that epigenetic adaptation is a complementary mechanism to selection of genetic variants favorable for freshwater environment...
- Wang X, Umetsu Y, Gao B, Ohki S, Zhu S. Mesomartoxin, a new K(v)1.2-selective scorpion toxin interacting with the channel selectivity filter. Biochem Pharmacol. 2015;93:232-9 pubmed publisher..Given a key role of Kv1.2 in epilepsy, MMTX might serve as a potential drug lead for the disease. ..
- Liu Y, Niu L, Zhang W, Cui L, Zhang X, Liang Y, et al. Effects of taurine on contractions of the porcine coronary artery. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:681-9 pubmed
- Yamanaka R, Shindo Y, Karube T, Hotta K, Suzuki K, Oka K. Neural depolarization triggers Mg2+ influx in rat hippocampal neurons. Neuroscience. 2015;310:731-41 pubmed publisher..Overall, activity-dependent [Mg(2+)]i increase results from Mg(2+) influx through 2-APB-sensitive channels in rat hippocampal neurons. ..
- Yang Q, Lv Q, Feng M, Liu M, Feng Y, Lin S, et al. Taurine Prevents the Electrical Remodeling in Ach-CaCl2 Induced Atrial Fibrillation in Rats. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;975 Pt 2:821-830 pubmed publisher..Taurine can prevent the atrial electrical remodeling and decrease the duration of AF in rats by reducing the atrial K+ concentration and up-regulating mRNA expression levels of Kir3.4 and Kv1.5. ..
- Helbig K, Hedrich U, Shinde D, Krey I, Teichmann A, Hentschel J, et al. A recurrent mutation in KCNA2 as a novel cause of hereditary spastic paraplegia and ataxia. Ann Neurol. 2016;80: pubmed publisher..2 channels showed loss of function with a dominant-negative effect. Our findings highlight the phenotypic spectrum of a recurrent KCNA2 mutation, implicating ion channel dysfunction as a novel HSP disease mechanism. Ann Neurol 2016. ..
- Choi K, Kim J, Kim H, Jung I, Jeong S, Lee S, et al. Genetic Variants Associated with Episodic Ataxia in Korea. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13855 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the genetic heterogeneity of Korean EA, and indicates that whole-exome sequencing may be useful for molecular genetic diagnosis of EA. ..
- Mlayah Bellalouna S, Dufour M, Mabrouk K, Mejdoub H, Carlier E, Othman H, et al. AaTX1, from Androctonus australis scorpion venom: purification, synthesis and characterization in dopaminergic neurons. Toxicon. 2014;92:14-23 pubmed publisher..Synthetic peptides, native AaTX1 and rAmmTX3 peptides showed qualitatively the same pharmacological activity. Overall, these data identify a new biologically active toxin that belongs to a family of peptides active on Kv4.3 channel. ..
- Verweij N, Mateo Leach I, Isaacs A, Arking D, Bis J, Pers T, et al. Twenty-eight genetic loci associated with ST-T-wave amplitudes of the electrocardiogram. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:2093-2103 pubmed..These associations may provide insights in the spatiotemporal contribution of genetic variation influencing cardiac repolarization and provide novel leads for future functional follow-up. ..
- Huin V, Strubi Vuillaume I, Dujardin K, Brion M, Delliaux M, Dellacherie D, et al. Expanding the phenotype of SCA19/22: Parkinsonism, cognitive impairment and epilepsy. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2017;45:85-89 pubmed publisherSpinocerebellar ataxia types 19 and 22 (SCA19/22) are rare conditions in which relatively isolated cerebellar involvement is frequently associated with cognitive impairment...
- van Setten J, Verweij N, Mbarek H, Niemeijer M, Trompet S, Arking D, et al. Genome-wide association meta-analysis of 30,000 samples identifies seven novel loci for quantitative ECG traits. Eur J Hum Genet. 2019;: pubmed publisher..At these seven loci, we performed conditional analyses and annotated significant SNPs (in exons and regulatory regions), demonstrating involvement of cardiac-related pathways and regulation of nearby genes. ..
- Klinck R, Fourrier A, Thibault P, Toutant J, Durand M, Lapointe E, et al. RBFOX1 cooperates with MBNL1 to control splicing in muscle, including events altered in myotonic dystrophy type 1. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107324 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that reduced RBFOX1 activity in DM1 tissues may amplify several of the splicing alterations caused by the deficiency in MBNL1. ..
- Bougis P, Martin Eauclaire M. Shal-type (Kv4.x) potassium channel pore blockers from scorpion venoms. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2015;67:248-54 pubmed..This review summarizes our present chemical and pharmacological knowledge on the α-KTx15 toxins. ..
- Nanayakkara S, Senevirathna S, Parahitiyawa N, Abeysekera T, Chandrajith R, Ratnatunga N, et al. Whole-exome sequencing reveals genetic variants associated with chronic kidney disease characterized by tubulointerstitial damages in North Central Region, Sri Lanka. Environ Health Prev Med. 2015;20:354-9 pubmed publisher..Genetic investigations provide strong evidence on the presence of genetic susceptibility for CKDu. Possibility of presence of several rare variants associated with CKDu in this population is also suggested. ..
- Subramani B, Subbannagounder S, Palanivel S, Ramanathanpullai C, Sivalingam S, Yakub A, et al. Generation and characterization of human cardiac resident and non-resident mesenchymal stem cell. Cytotechnology. 2016;68:2061-73 pubmed publisher..TTX in undifferentiated hUC-MSCs as of hC-MSCs. Thus, the hUC-MSCs can be exploited as a potential candidate for future cardiac regeneration. ..
- Hu H, Coon H, Li M, Yandell M, Huff C. VARPRISM: incorporating variant prioritization in tests of de novo mutation association. Genome Med. 2016;8:91 pubmed publisher..3). By incorporating functional predictions, VARPRISM improved the statistical power to identify de novo mutations increasing disease risks. VARPRISM is available at http://www.hufflab.org/software/VARPRISM . ..
- Yadav S, Dwivedi V, Gupta S, Surolia A. Benzothiophenes as Potent Analgesics Against Neuropathic Pain. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2018;1112:245-254 pubmed publisher..AS6 also reduced the COX2 overexpression associated with neuropathic pain. These results as well as results from our previous study indicate that AS6 can be a potent antinociceptive agent against both inflammatory and neuropathic pain. ..
- Jegla T, Busey G, Assmann S. Evolution and Structural Characteristics of Plant Voltage-Gated K+ Channels. Plant Cell. 2018;30:2898-2909 pubmed publisher..Viewing plant voltage-gated K+ channel function through the lens of CNBD superfamily structures should lead to insights into how these channels are regulated. ..
- Almassy J, Nanasi P. Brief structural insight into the allosteric gating mechanism of BK (Slo) channel. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..5 Å using cryo-electron microscopy. In this short review, we are going to summarize these results and interpret the gating model of the BK channel in the light of the recent structural results. ..
- Monnerat Cahli G, Alonso H, Gallego M, AlarcÃ³n M, Bassani R, Casis O, et al. Toll-like receptor 4 activation promotes cardiac arrhythmias by decreasing the transient outward potassium current (Ito) through an IRF3-dependent and MyD88-independent pathway. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;76:116-25 pubmed publisher..The longer action potential, associated with enhanced Ca(2+) efflux via NCX, could explain the presence of arrhythmias in the LPS group. ..
- Wang Y, Keskanokwong T, Cheng J. Kv4.3 expression abrogates and reverses norepinephrine-induced myocyte hypertrophy by CaMKII inhibition. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2019;126:77-85 pubmed publisher..3 expression is likely a potential therapeutic strategy for prevention and reversion of adrenergic stress-induced cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Abbott G. KCNE1 and KCNE3: The yin and yang of voltage-gated K(+) channel regulation. Gene. 2016;576:1-13 pubmed publisher..Finally, findings from studies of Kcne1(-/-) and Kcne3(-/-) mouse lines serve to illustrate the complexity of KCNE biology and KCNE-linked disease states. ..
- Shi J, Jin L, Leng J, Lang J. [Response of potassium channels to estrogen and progesterone in the uterine smooth muscle cells of adenomyosis in vitro]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2015;50:843-7 pubmed..05). There is an abnormal expression of potassium channels in the adenomyosis USMC, which is regulated by high concentration of estrogen and might be resistant to progesterone. ..
- Hosseinzadeh Z, Warsi J, Elvira B, Almilaji A, Shumilina E, Lang F. Up-regulation of Kv1.3 channels by janus kinase 2. J Membr Biol. 2015;248:309-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, JAK2 participates in the signalling, regulating the voltage-gated K(+) channel KCNA3. ..
- Farag N, Jeong D, Claydon T, Warwicker J, Boyett M. Polyunsaturated fatty acids inhibit Kv1.4 by interacting with positively charged extracellular pore residues. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016;311:C255-68 pubmed publisher..Charge calculations suggest that the acidic head group of the PUFAs raises the pKa of H508 and this reduces the K(+) occupancy of the selectivity filter, stabilizing the C-type inactivated state. ..
- Gonzalez W, Pham K, Miksovska J. Modulation of the voltage-gated potassium channel (Kv4.3) and the auxiliary protein (KChIP3) interactions by the current activator NS5806. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:32201-13 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies support the idea that NS5806 directly interacts with KChIP3 and modulates the interactions between this calcium-binding protein and the T1 domain of the Kv4.3 channels through reorientation of helix 10 on KChIP3. ..
- Warsi J, Elvira B, Bissinger R, Hosseinzadeh Z, Lang F. Regulation of Voltage-Gated K+ Channel Kv1.5 by the Janus Kinase JAK3. J Membr Biol. 2015;248:1061-70 pubmed publisher..5 with (A568V)JAK3. In conclusion, JAK3 contributes to the regulation of membrane Kv1.5 protein abundance and activity, an effect sensitive to ouabain and thus possibly involving Na(+)/K(+) ATPase activity. ..
- Thiffault I, Speca D, Austin D, Cobb M, Eum K, Safina N, et al. A novel epileptic encephalopathy mutation in KCNB1 disrupts Kv2.1 ion selectivity, expression, and localization. J Gen Physiol. 2015;146:399-410 pubmed publisher..In addition to electrophysiological differences, we suggest that defects in expression and subcellular localization of Kv2.1 V378A channels could contribute to the pathophysiology of this KCNB1 variant. ..
- Baltaev R, Strutz Seebohm N, Korniychuk G, Myssina S, Lang F, Seebohm G. Regulation of cardiac shal-related potassium channel Kv 4.3 by serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoforms in Xenopus oocytes. Pflugers Arch. 2005;450:26-33 pubmed..2 or RAB5, nor did it reflect increased cell surface expression. In conclusion, SGK1 stimulates Kv 4.3 potassium channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes by a novel mechanism distinct from the known NEDD4.2-dependent pathway. ..
- Argenziano M, Tiscornia G, Moretta R, Casal L, Potilinski C, Amorena C, et al. Arrhythmogenic effect of androgens on the rat heart. J Physiol Sci. 2017;67:217-225 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that androgenic control of NCX expression plays a key role in determining arrhythmogenicity in the rat heart. ..
- Bergeron E, Patskovsky S, Rioux D, Meunier M. 3D multiplexed immunoplasmonics microscopy. Nanoscale. 2016;8:13263-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, 3D multiplexed immunoplasmonics microscopy is ready for clinical applications as a cost-efficient alternative to immunofluorescence. ..
- Conner L, Alvarez P, Bogen O, Levine J. Role of Kv4.3 in Vibration-Induced Muscle Pain in the Rat. J Pain. 2016;17:444-50 pubmed publisher..3 may contribute to neuropathic pain in people affected by hand-arm vibration syndrome. Our findings establish Kv4.3 as a potential molecular target for the treatment of hand-arm vibration syndrome. ..
- Li X, Liu H, Chu Luo J, Rhodes S, Trigg L, van Rossum D, et al. Major diversification of voltage-gated K+ channels occurred in ancestral parahoxozoans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E1010-9 pubmed publisher..Our results further suggest that there are likely to be substantial differences in the regulation of neuronal excitability between ctenophores and parahoxozoans. ..
- Choi S, Lee H, Moon S, Park S, Kim H, Kim K, et al. Spontaneous inward currents reflecting oscillatory activation of Naâº/CaÂ²âº exchangers in human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes. Pflugers Arch. 2016;468:609-22 pubmed publisher..Since the hESC-CMs without SICs still showed spontaneous APs, the putative "Ca(2+) clock" would provide a redundant pacemaker or augmenting mechanism in hESC-CMs. ..
- Crumb W, Vicente J, Johannesen L, Strauss D. An evaluation of 30 clinical drugs against the comprehensive in vitro proarrhythmia assay (CiPA) proposed ion channel panel. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2016;81:251-62 pubmed publisher..5-late or Cav1.2 block compared to hERG block. In addition, the results of this study provide data which can be used to test the ability of various in silico models to predict drug-induced arrhythmias. ..
- FrÃ¶hlich H, Boini K, Seebohm G, Strutz Seebohm N, Ureche O, FÃ¶ller M, et al. Hypothyroidism of gene-targeted mice lacking Kcnq1. Pflugers Arch. 2011;461:45-52 pubmed publisher..Moreover, body temperature was significantly lower in Kcnq1 ( -/- ) than in Kcnq1 ( +/+ ) mice. In conclusion, Kcnq1 is required for proper function of thyroid glands. ..
- Masnada S, Hedrich U, Gardella E, Schubert J, Kaiwar C, Klee E, et al. Clinical spectrum and genotype-phenotype associations of KCNA2-related encephalopathies. Brain. 2017;140:2337-2354 pubmed publisher..Our study thus indicates well represented genotype-phenotype associations between three subgroups of patients with KCNA2 encephalopathy according to the electrophysiological features of the mutations...
- Lainez S, Doray A, Hancox J, Cannell M. Regulation of Kv4.3 and hERG potassium channels by KChIP2 isoforms and DPP6 and response to the dual K+ channel activator NS3623. Biochem Pharmacol. 2018;150:120-130 pubmed publisher..The agonist effect of NS3623 on hERG channels was not affected by KChIP2.1, KChIP2.2 or DPP6 co-expression. ..
- Ying Wang -, Zhao W, Li D, Xu Y, Li M, Chen J, et al. The Beneficial Effects of Electroacupuncture at PC6 Acupoints (Neiguan) on Myocardial Ischemia in ASIC3 -/- mice. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2018;11:88-96 pubmed publisher..05). In addition, the rate change of PC6 group was larger than that of both LU7 and ST36 groups (p < 0.05). But the T-waves voltage of the nonacupoint group was not significantly different than that of the MI group (p > 0.05). ..
- Maleckar M, Lines G, KoivumÃ¤ki J, Cordeiro J, Calloe K. NS5806 partially restores action potential duration but fails to ameliorate calcium transient dysfunction in a computational model of canine heart failure. Europace. 2014;16 Suppl 4:iv46-iv55 pubmed publisher..Remediation of APD to pre-failing state does not ameliorate dysfunction in CaT; however, restoration of notch depth appears to impart modest benefit and a likelihood of therapeutic value in modulating early repolarization. ..
- Abdelrady A, Zaitone S, Farag N, Fawzy M, Moustafa Y. Cardiotoxic effect of levofloxacin and ciprofloxacin in rats with/without acute myocardial infarction: Impact on cardiac rhythm and cardiac expression of Kv4.3, Kv1.2 and Nav1.5 channels. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;92:196-206 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data make it advisable to monitor patients with a history of acute AMI requiring treatment with these antibiotics until data from human studies are available. ..
- Duarri A, Lin M, Fokkens M, Meijer M, Smeets C, Nibbeling E, et al. Spinocerebellar ataxia type 19/22 mutations alter heterocomplex Kv4.3 channel function and gating in a dominant manner. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2015;72:3387-99 pubmed publisher..we identified loss-of-function mutations in the KCND3 gene as the cause of spinocerebellar ataxia type 19/22 (SCA19/22), revealing a previously unknown role for the voltage-gated potassium channel, Kv4.3, in Purkinje cell survival...
- Cheng C, Cheng J, Chen C, Rau R, Chang Y, Tsaur M. Nerve growth factor-induced synapse-like structures in contralateral sensory ganglia contribute to chronic mirror-image pain. Pain. 2015;156:2295-309 pubmed publisher..Thus, elevated NGF after peripheral nerve injury induces neurite sprouting and the formation of synapse-like structures within the contralateral DRG, leading to the development of chronic mirror-image pain. ..
- Song M, Choi S, Ryu P, Lee S. Voltage-Gated K+ Channel, Kv3.3 Is Involved in Hemin-Induced K562 Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148633 pubmed publisher..3, appear to be associated with cell differentiation; therefore, understanding the mechanisms of Kv channel regulation of cell differentiation would provide important information regarding vital cellular processes. ..
- Sinner M, Porthan K, Noseworthy P, Havulinna A, Tikkanen J, MÃ¼ller Nurasyid M, et al. A meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies of the electrocardiographic early repolarization pattern. Heart Rhythm. 2012;9:1627-34 pubmed publisher..The reported heritability of ERP warrants continued investigation in larger well-phenotyped populations. ..
- Barnett G, Thompson D, Fachal L, Kerns S, Talbot C, Elliott R, et al. A genome wide association study (GWAS) providing evidence of an association between common genetic variants and late radiotherapy toxicity. Radiother Oncol. 2014;111:178-85 pubmed publisher..Future GWAS require higher statistical power, in particular in the validation stage, to test clinically relevant effect sizes of SNP associations with individual endpoints, but the required sample sizes are achievable. ..
- Warsi J, Singh Y, Elvira B, Hosseinzadeh Z, Lang F. Regulation of Large Conductance Voltage-and Ca2+-Activated K+ Channels by the Janus Kinase JAK3. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:297-305 pubmed publisher..JAK3 is a weak negative regulator of membrane BK protein abundance and activity. ..
- Lee J, Lee M, Yang W, Wang K, Lee T. Differential Expression of Renal Outer Medullary K+ Channel and Voltage-gated K+ Channel 7.1 in Bladder Urothelium of Patients With Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome. Urology. 2017;101:169.e1-169.e5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that upregulation of the ROMK channel in apical cells might permit avid potassium flux into the bladder lumen to maintain intracellular K+ homeostasis in the dysfunctional urothelium. ..
- Granados Fuentes D, Hermanstyne T, Carrasquillo Y, Nerbonne J, Herzog E. IA Channels Encoded by Kv1.4 and Kv4.2 Regulate Circadian Period of PER2 Expression in the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus. J Biol Rhythms. 2015;30:396-407 pubmed publisher..4- and Kv4.2-encoded IA channels in controlling the light-dependent responses of neurons within and/or outside of the SCN to regulate circadian phase of daily activity. ..
- Kitazawa M, Kubo Y, Nakajo K. Kv4.2 and accessory dipeptidyl peptidase-like protein 10 (DPP10) subunit preferentially form a 4:2 (Kv4.2:DPP10) channel complex. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:22724-33 pubmed publisher..2-DPP10 complex was variable depending on the relative expression level of each subunit, with a preference for 4:2 stoichiometry. This preference may come from the bulky dimeric structure of the extracellular domain of DPP10. ..
- Ahmed M, Fezai M, Uzcategui N, Hosseinzadeh Z, Lang F. SGK3 Sensitivity of Voltage Gated K+ Channel Kv1.5 (KCNA5). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:359-67 pubmed publisher..SGK3 is a positive regulator of KCNA5, which is at least partially effective by abrogating the effect of Nedd4-2. ..
- Smets K, Duarri A, Deconinck T, Ceulemans B, van de Warrenburg B, ZÃ¼chner S, et al. First de novo KCND3 mutation causes severe Kv4.3 channel dysfunction leading to early onset cerebellar ataxia, intellectual disability, oral apraxia and epilepsy. BMC Med Genet. 2015;16:51 pubmed publisher..We identified a de novo KCND3 mutation causing the most marked change in Kv4.3's channel properties reported so far, which correlated with a severe and unique spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA) type 19/22 disease phenotype. ..
- Shiina Y, Muto T, Zhang Z, Baihaqie A, Yoshizawa T, Lee H, et al. Fly DPP10 acts as a channel ancillary subunit and possesses peptidase activity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26290 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that fly DPP10 is a dual functional protein, controlling Kv4 channel gating and removing bioactive peptides. ..
- Kuo Y, Cheng J, Hou W, Chang Y, Du P, Jian J, et al. K+ Channel Modulatory Subunits KChIP and DPP Participate in Kv4-Mediated Mechanical Pain Control. J Neurosci. 2017;37:4391-4404 pubmed publisher..3 in a subset of nociceptors to selectively inhibit mechanical hypersensitivity, a major symptom of neuropathic pain. ..
- Zhu Q, Song X, Zhou J, Wang Y, Xia J, Qian W, et al. Target of HIV-1 Envelope Glycoprotein gp120-Induced Hippocampal Neuron Damage: Role of Voltage-Gated K(+) Channel Kv2.1. Viral Immunol. 2015;28:495-503 pubmed publisher..1 upregulation and neural apoptosis. Taken together, these results suggest that gp120 induces hippocampal neuron apoptosis by enhancement of the Ik, which might be associated with increased Kv2.1 expression via the p38 MAPK pathway. ..
- Paucar M, Bergendal Å, Gustavsson P, Nordenskjold M, Laffita Mesa J, Savitcheva I, et al. Novel Features and Abnormal Pattern of Cerebral Glucose Metabolism in Spinocerebellar Ataxia 19. Cerebellum. 2018;17:465-476 pubmed publisherSpinocerebellar ataxia type 19 (SCA19), allelic with spinocerebellar ataxia type 22 (SCA22), is a rare syndrome caused by mutations in the KCND3 gene which encodes the potassium channel Kv4.3...
- Simkin D, Hattori S, YBARRA N, Musial T, Buss E, Richter H, et al. Aging-Related Hyperexcitability in CA3 Pyramidal Neurons Is Mediated by Enhanced A-Type K+ Channel Function and Expression. J Neurosci. 2015;35:13206-18 pubmed publisher..2/Kv4.3 A-type K(+) channels, particularly within the cell bodies of CA3 pyramidal neurons. ..
- Portero V, Le Scouarnec S, Es Salah Lamoureux Z, Burel S, Gourraud J, Bonnaud S, et al. Dysfunction of the Voltage-Gated K+ Channel ?2 Subunit in a Familial Case of Brugada Syndrome. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..3, the total and submembrane expression of Kv?2-R12Q were significantly increased in comparison with wild-type Kv?2. Altogether, our results indicate that Kv?2 dysfunction can contribute to the Brugada electrocardiographic pattern. ..
- Cox R, Fromme S. Functional Expression Profile of Voltage-Gated K(+) Channel Subunits in Rat Small Mesenteric Arteries. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2016;74:263-76 pubmed publisher..5-?1.2 and K v 2.1-9.3 channels along with a smaller contribution from K v 7.4 channels but differences in voltage dependence of activation allows all three to provide significant contributions to SMA function at physiological voltages. ..
- Lundby A, Jespersen T, Schmitt N, Grunnet M, Olesen S, Cordeiro J, et al. Effect of the I(to) activator NS5806 on cloned K(V)4 channels depends on the accessory protein KChIP2. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:2028-44 pubmed publisher..NS5806 modulated K(V)4 channel gating depending on the presence of KChIP2, suggesting that NS5806 can potentially be used to address the molecular composition as well as the physiological role of cardiac I(to). ..
- Bourdeau M, Laplante I, Laurent C, Lacaille J. KChIP1 modulation of Kv4.3-mediated A-type K(+) currents and repetitive firing in hippocampal interneurons. Neuroscience. 2011;176:173-87 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings suggest that KChIP1 interacts with Kv4.3 in LM/RAD interneurons, enabling faster recovery from inactivation of A-type currents and thus promoting stronger inhibitory control of firing during sustained activity. ..
- Lasser Katz E, Simchovitz A, Chiu W, Oertel W, Sharon R, Soreq H, et al. Mutant ?-Synuclein Overexpression Induces Stressless Pacemaking in Vagal Motoneurons at Risk in Parkinson's Disease. J Neurosci. 2017;37:47-57 pubmed publisher..Emulating this endogenous adaptive response to ?-synuclein overexpression could lead to novel strategies to protect dopamine neurons and perhaps delay the onset of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Kuryshev Y, Gudz T, Brown A, Wible B. KChAP as a chaperone for specific K(+) channels. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;278:C931-41 pubmed..1 and Kv4.3 from heart. We propose that KChAP is a chaperone for specific Kv channels and may have this function in cardiomyocytes where Kv4.3 produces the transient outward current, I(to)...
- Whicher J, MacKinnon R. Structure of the voltage-gated Kâº channel Eag1 reveals an alternative voltage sensing mechanism. Science. 2016;353:664-9 pubmed publisher..The structure reveals an alternative gating mechanism for K(v) channels and provides a template to further understand the gating properties of Eag1 and related channels. ..
- Huang Y, Yang J, Xie W, Li Q, Zeng Z, Sui H, et al. A novel KCND3 mutation associated with early-onset lone atrial fibrillation. Oncotarget. 2017;8:115503-115512 pubmed publisher..The T361S mutant result in the changes in channel kinetics as well as the up-regulation of Kv4.3 protein, which may be a critical driver for lone AF as observed in the patient. ..
- El Gebeily G, El Khoury N, Mathieu S, Brouillette J, Fiset C. Estrogen regulation of the transient outward K(+) current involves estrogen receptor Î± in mouse heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;86:85-94 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that E2 negatively regulates the density of Ito through ERÎ±, this highlights a potential role for this female hormone and its Î±-subtype receptor in modulating cardiac electrical activity. ..
- Brusco A, Gellera C, Cagnoli C, Saluto A, Castucci A, Michielotto C, et al. Molecular genetics of hereditary spinocerebellar ataxia: mutation analysis of spinocerebellar ataxia genes and CAG/CTG repeat expansion detection in 225 Italian families. Arch Neurol. 2004;61:727-33 pubmed..diseases, at present associated with 22 loci (spinocerebellar ataxia [SCA] 1-SCA8, SCA10-SCA19, SCA21, SCA22, fibroblast growth factor 14 [FGF14]-SCA, and dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy [DRPLA])...
- Tan X, Yang Y, Liu Z, Bai Z, Zhou W, Pei J, et al. [Atrial myocytes KChIP2 mRNA expression in rheumatic heart disease patients with atrial fibrillation]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2009;37:509-13 pubmed..Down-regulated atrial KChIP2 and Kv4.3 mRNA expressions in rheumatic heart disease patients with chronic AF might be one of the molecular bases responsible for the down-regulation of the I(to) current density of AF. ..
- Turnow K, Metzner K, Cotella D, Morales M, Schaefer M, Christ T, et al. Interaction of DPP10a with Kv4.3 channel complex results in a sustained current component of human transient outward current Ito. Basic Res Cardiol. 2015;110:5 pubmed publisher..Thus, the interaction of DPP10a, expressed in human atrium, with Kv4.3 channels generates a sustained current component of Ito, which may affect late repolarization phase of atrial action potentials. ..
- Deschenes I, Tomaselli G. Modulation of Kv4.3 current by accessory subunits. FEBS Lett. 2002;528:183-8 pubmed..3 current. hKv4.3 promiscuously assembles with ancillary subunits in vitro, functionally modifying the encoded currents; however, the physiological significance is uncertain. ..
- Ren X, Shand S, Takimoto K. Effective association of Kv channel-interacting proteins with Kv4 channel is mediated with their unique core peptide. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43564-70 pubmed..Because the three identified regions surround the large hydrophobic crevice based on the NCS-1 crystal structure, this crevice may be the association site of KChIPs for the channel protein. ..
- Scannevin R, Wang K, Jow F, Megules J, Kopsco D, Edris W, et al. Two N-terminal domains of Kv4 K(+) channels regulate binding to and modulation by KChIP1. Neuron. 2004;41:587-98 pubmed
- Olesen M, Refsgaard L, Holst A, Larsen A, Grubb S, Haunsø S, et al. A novel KCND3 gain-of-function mutation associated with early-onset of persistent lone atrial fibrillation. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;98:488-95 pubmed publisher..3 gain-of-function mutation in early-onset lone AF. This association of KV4.3 gain-of-function and early-onset lone AF further supports the hypothesis that increased potassium current enhances AF susceptibility. ..
- Groen C, Bähring R. Modulation of human Kv4.3/KChIP2 channel inactivation kinetics by cytoplasmic Ca2. Pflugers Arch. 2017;469:1457-1470 pubmed publisher..Our findings speak for an acute modulation of I to kinetics and frequency-dependent I to availability in cardiomyocytes under conditions with elevated Ca2+ levels and CaMKII activity. ..