Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kv1.3
Description: potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily A member 3
Alias: HGK5, HLK3, HPCN3, HUKIII, KV1.3, MK3, PCN3, potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily A member 3, potassium channel 3, potassium channel, voltage gated shaker related subfamily A, member 3, potassium voltage-gated channel, shaker-related subfamily, member 3, type n potassium channel, voltage-gated K(+) channel HuKIII, voltage-gated potassium channel protein Kv1.3, voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv1.3
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Szabo I, Bock J, Jekle A, Soddemann M, Adams C, Lang F, et al. A novel potassium channel in lymphocyte mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12790-8 pubmed..3. Our data provide the first molecular identification of a mitochondrial potassium conductance. ..
- Mullen K, Rozycka M, Rus H, Hu L, Cudrici C, Zafranskaia E, et al. Potassium channels Kv1.3 and Kv1.5 are expressed on blood-derived dendritic cells in the central nervous system. Ann Neurol. 2006;60:118-27 pubmed..3 and K(v)1.5 blockade. These data support a functional role of K(v)1.5 and K(v)1.3 on activated human DCs and further define the mechanisms by which K(+) channel blockade may act to suppress immune-mediated neurological diseases. ..
- Ren Y, Pan F, Parvez S, Fleig A, Chong C, Xu J, et al. Clofazimine inhibits human Kv1.3 potassium channel by perturbing calcium oscillation in T lymphocytes. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e4009 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that clofazimine is a promising immunomodulatory drug candidate for treating a variety of autoimmune disorders. ..
- Tucker K, Cavallin M, Jean Baptiste P, Biju K, Overton J, Pedarzani P, et al. The Olfactory Bulb: A Metabolic Sensor of Brain Insulin and Glucose Concentrations via a Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel. Results Probl Cell Differ. 2010;52:147-57 pubmed publisher..We have discovered that Kv1.3 contributes an unusual nonconducting role - the detection of metabolic state. ..
- Yamaji M, Mahmoud M, Evans I, Zachary I. Neuropilin 1 is essential for gastrointestinal smooth muscle contractility and motility in aged mice. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0115563 pubmed publisher..whereas we observed a significant increase in the expression of the small-conductance calcium-activated potassium channel 3 (SK3/KCa2.3), implicated in negative regulation of smooth muscle contraction...
- Lively S, Lam D, Wong R, Schlichter L. Comparing Effects of Transforming Growth Factor β1 on Microglia From Rat and Mouse: Transcriptional Profiles and Potassium Channels. Front Cell Neurosci. 2018;12:115 pubmed publisher..Overall, the numerous species differences should be considered when characterizing neuroinflammation and microglial activation in vitro and in vivo, and when targeting potassium channels. ..
- Zeng Z, Zhang Q, Hong W, Xie Y, Liu Y, Li W, et al. A Scorpion Defensin BmKDfsin4 Inhibits Hepatitis B Virus Replication in Vitro. Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..Our work also provides a good molecule material which will be used to investigate the link or relationship of its antiviral, antibacterial and ion channel-modulating activities in the future. ..
- Gerits N, Shiryaev A, Kostenko S, Klenow H, Shiryaeva O, Johannessen M, et al. The transcriptional regulation and cell-specific expression of the MAPK-activated protein kinase MK5. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2009;14:548-74 pubmed publisher..This applies to the MAPK-activated protein kinases MK2 and MK3. By contrast, the transcriptional regulation of the related MK5 has not yet been studied...
- Guo M, Tang X, Sheng X, Xing J, Zhan W. The Immune Adjuvant Effects of Flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) Interleukin-6 on E. tarda Subunit Vaccine OmpV. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..1 (pcn3)...
- Chen Y, Rivera J, Fitzgerald M, Hausding C, Ying Y, Wang X, et al. PreImplantation factor prevents atherosclerosis via its immunomodulatory effects without affecting serum lipids. Thromb Haemost. 2016;115:1010-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PIF regulates/lowers inflammation and prevents atherosclerosis development without affecting circulating lipids. Overall our findings establish PIF as a strong immunomodulatory drug candidate for atherosclerosis therapy. ..
- Rada C, Murray G, England S. The SK3 channel promotes placental vascularization by enhancing secretion of angiogenic factors. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2014;307:E935-43 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of one channel in particular, the small-conductance calcium-activated potassium channel 3 (SK3), is known to increase vascularization in mice, and mice overexpressing the SK3 channel (SK3(T/T) mice)..
- He D, Pan Q, Chen Z, Sun C, Zhang P, Mao A, et al. Treatment of hypertension by increasing impaired endothelial TRPV4-KCa2.3 interaction. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:1491-1503 pubmed publisher..We report that transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) interacts with Ca2+-activated potassium channel 3 (KCa2...
- Lang F, Vallon V. Serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 1 in the regulation of renal and extrarenal potassium transport. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2012;16:73-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, SGK1 has a profound effect on K(+) homeostasis and on a multitude of K(+)-sensitive cellular functions. ..
- Gonnissen D, Qu Y, Langer K, Ozturk C, Zhao Y, Chen C, et al. Comparison of cellular effects of starch-coated SPIONs and poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) matrix nanoparticles on human monocytes. Int J Nanomedicine. 2016;11:5221-5236 pubmed..The results are highly relevant for medical application and further evaluation of nanomaterial biosafety. ..
- He Y, Shu G, Yang Y, Xu P, Xia Y, Wang C, et al. A Small Potassium Current in AgRP/NPY Neurons Regulates Feeding Behavior and Energy Metabolism. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1807-1818 pubmed publisher..found that AgRP/NPY neurons in satiated mice express high levels of the small-conductance calcium-activated potassium channel 3 (SK3) and are inhibited by SK3-mediated potassium currents; on the other hand, food deprivation suppresses ..
- Rangaraju S, Dammer E, Raza S, Rathakrishnan P, Xiao H, Gao T, et al. Identification and therapeutic modulation of a pro-inflammatory subset of disease-associated-microglia in Alzheimer's disease. Mol Neurodegener. 2018;13:24 pubmed publisher..We provide a predictive transcriptomic framework of microglial activation in neurodegeneration that can guide pre-clinical studies to characterize and therapeutically modulate neuroinflammation in AD. ..
- Lang R, Lee G, Liu W, Tian S, Rafi H, Orias M, et al. KCNA10: a novel ion channel functionally related to both voltage-gated potassium and CNG cation channels. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;278:F1013-21 pubmed..Given its distribution in renal blood vessels and heart, we speculate that KCNA10 may be involved in regulating the tone of renal vascular smooth muscle and may also participate in the cardiac action potential...
- Chang S, Galea C, Leung E, Tajhya R, Beeton C, Pennington M, et al. Expression and isotopic labelling of the potassium channel blocker ShK toxin as a thioredoxin fusion protein in bacteria. Toxicon. 2012;60:840-50 pubmed publisher..This expression system also enables the efficient production of Â¹âµN-labelled ShK for NMR studies of peptide dynamics and of the interaction of ShK with Kv1.3 channels. ..
- Siddiqui T, Lively S, Schlichter L. Complex molecular and functional outcomes of single versus sequential cytokine stimulation of rat microglia. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:66 pubmed publisher..Because these changes might affect microglia-mediated CNS inflammation, they should be considered in future experimental, pre-clinical studies. ..
- Meng L, Xie Z, Zhang Q, Li Y, Yang F, Chen Z, et al. Scorpion Potassium Channel-blocking Defensin Highlights a Functional Link with Neurotoxin. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:7097-106 pubmed publisher..These findings not only demonstrate that defensins from invertebrate animals are a novel type of potassium channel blockers but also provide evidence of a functional link between defensins and neurotoxins. ..
- Lam D, Lively S, Schlichter L. Responses of rat and mouse primary microglia to pro- and anti-inflammatory stimuli: molecular profiles, K+ channels and migration. J Neuroinflammation. 2017;14:166 pubmed publisher..Caution is recommended in generalizing molecular and functional responses of microglia to activating stimuli between species. ..
- Lu C, Huang X, Lu H, Liu S, Zang J, Li Y, et al. Different distributions of interstitial cells of Cajal and platelet-derived growth factor receptor-α positive cells in colonic smooth muscle cell/interstitial cell of Cajal/platelet-derived growth factor receptor-α positive cell syncytium in mice. World J Gastroenterol. 2018;24:4989-5004 pubmed publisher..colon were much higher, while protein expression levels of PDGFRα and small conductance calcium-activated potassium channel 3 (SK3) in the distal colon were much higher...
- Guo S, Shen Y, He G, Wang T, Xu D, Wen F. Involvement of Ca2+-activated K+ channel 3.1 in hypoxia-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension and therapeutic effects of TRAM-34 in rats. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..The present study examined whether TRAM-34, a highly selective blocker of calcium-activated potassium channel 3.1 (Kca3.1), can help prevent such hypertension by reducing proliferation in PASMCs...
- ZÃºÃ±iga GarcÃa V, ChÃ¡vez LÃ³pez M, Quintanar Jurado V, GabiÃ±o LÃ³pez N, HernÃ¡ndez Gallegos E, Soriano Rosas J, et al. Differential Expression of Ion Channels and Transporters During Hepatocellular Carcinoma Development. Dig Dis Sci. 2015;60:2373-83 pubmed publisher..The ion channel/transporter expression profile observed suggests that these genes are potential early markers or therapeutic targets of HCC. The differential localization of Abcc3 may be useful in the diagnosis of cirrhosis and HCC. ..
- Gilhar A, Schrum A, Etzioni A, Waldmann H, Paus R. Alopecia areata: Animal models illuminate autoimmune pathogenesis and novel immunotherapeutic strategies. Autoimmun Rev. 2016;15:726-35 pubmed publisher..As such, AA provides a model disease, in which to contemplate general challenges, opportunities, and limitations one faces when selecting appropriate animal models in preclinical research for human autoimmune diseases. ..
- Zaccagnino A, ManagÃ² A, Leanza L, Gontarewitz A, Linder B, Azzolini M, et al. Tumor-reducing effect of the clinically used drug clofazimine in a SCID mouse model of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:38276-38293 pubmed publisher..Thus, our work identifies clofazimine as a promising therapeutic agent against PDAC and further highlights ion channels as possible oncological targets. ..
- Kuras Z, Grissmer S. Effect of K+ and Rb+ on the action of verapamil on a voltage-gated K+ channel, hKv1.3: implications for a second open state?. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;157:757-68 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the wild-type hK(v)1.3 channel undergoes at least two different conformational changes before finally closing with a low verapamil affinity in one open state and a high verapamil affinity in the other open state. ..
- Nicolaou S, Neumeier L, Steckly A, Kucher V, Takimoto K, Conforti L. Localization of Kv1.3 channels in the immunological synapse modulates the calcium response to antigen stimulation in T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2009;183:6296-302 pubmed publisher..This localization is important to control the amplitude of the Ca(2+) response, and disruption of this process can account for alterations of downstream Ca(2+)-dependent signaling events. ..
- Zhang H, Du M, Xie J, Liu X, Sun J, Wang W, et al. Autocrine-Based Selection of Drugs That Target Ion Channels from Combinatorial Venom Peptide Libraries. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2016;55:9306-10 pubmed publisher..We also engineered a Kv1.3 blocker peptide (ShK) derived from sea anemone to generate a subtype-selective Kv1.3 blocker with a long half-life in?vivo. ..
- Gunadi -, Sunardi M, Budi N, Kalim A, Iskandar K, Dwihantoro A. The impact of down-regulated SK3 expressions on Hirschsprung disease. BMC Med Genet. 2018;19:24 pubmed publisher..The mechanism is presumed to be down-regulated small-conductance calcium-activated potassium channel 3 (SK3) expression in the HSCR ganglionic intestines...
- Cheong A, Li J, Sukumar P, Kumar B, Zeng F, Riches K, et al. Potent suppression of vascular smooth muscle cell migration and human neointimal hyperplasia by KV1.3 channel blockers. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;89:282-9 pubmed publisher..Blockers of the channels may be useful as inhibitors of neointimal hyperplasia and other unwanted vascular remodelling events. ..
- Zhao Y, Huang J, Yuan X, Peng B, Liu W, Han S, et al. Toxins Targeting the Kv1.3 Channel: Potential Immunomodulators for Autoimmune Diseases. Toxins (Basel). 2015;7:1749-64 pubmed publisher..3. By blocking the KV1.3 channel, these toxins are able to suppress the activation and proliferation of TEM cells and may improve TEM cell-mediated autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and type I diabetes mellitus. ..
- Laskowski M, Augustynek B, Kulawiak B, Koprowski P, Bednarczyk P, Jarmuszkiewicz W, et al. What do we not know about mitochondrial potassium channels?. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1857:1247-1257 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'EBEC 2016: 19th European Bioenergetics Conference, Riva del Garda, Italy, July 2-6, 2016', edited by Prof. Paolo Bernardi. ..
- Balajthy A, Somodi S, PethÅ‘ Z, PÃ©ter M, Varga Z, SzabÃ³ G, et al. 7DHC-induced changes of Kv1.3 operation contributes to modified T cell function in Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome. Pflugers Arch. 2016;468:1403-18 pubmed publisher..3 operation. We concluded that the altered membrane sterol composition hindered the operation of Kv1.3 as well as the ion channel-controlled T cell functions. ..
- Shabani F, Kumar L, Taylor S. Climate change impacts on the future distribution of date palms: a modeling exercise using CLIMEX. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48021 pubmed publisher..future climate models by using one emission scenario (A2) with two different global climate models (GCMs), CSIRO-Mk3.0 (CS) and MIROC-H (MR)...
- Toldi G, Munoz L, Herrmann M, Schett G, Balog A. The effects of Kv1.3 and IKCa1 channel inhibition on cytokine production and calcium influx of T lymphocytes in rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Immunol Res. 2016;64:627-31 pubmed publisher..The effects of IKCa1 channel inhibition are controversial in samples of RA and AS patients, since it shifts the inflammatory balance into the pro-inflammatory direction. ..
- Zhang S, Wang X, Ju C, Zhu L, Du Y, Gao C. Blockage of K(Ca)3.1 and Kv1.3 channels of the B lymphocyte decreases the inflammatory monocyte chemotaxis. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;31:266-71 pubmed publisher..The opening of KCa3.1 and Kv1.3 channels promote B lymphocyte activation, proliferation and Ly-6C(hi) monocyte chemotaxis. The increase of CCL7 secretion by B lymphocyte may explain the pro migration effects. ..
- Huang S, He S, Zhang Y. The effects of telmisartan on the nuclear factor of activated T lymphocytes signalling pathway in hypertensive patients. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2016;17:1470320316655005 pubmed publisher..Telmisartan may exert anti-inflammatory effects by inhibition of the NFAT signalling pathway in the T lymphocytes of hypertensive patients. ..
- Huang S, Zhang Q, Yuan Q, He S, Zhang Y. Inhibitory effects of telmisartan on culture and proliferation of and Kv1.3 potassium channel expression in peripheral blood CD4+ T lymphocytes from Xinjiang Kazakh patients with hypertension. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2016;17: pubmed..Telmisartan may potentially regulate hypertensive inflammatory responses by inhibiting T-lymphocytic proliferation and Kv1.3 potassium channel expression in CD4+ T lymphocytes. ..
- Moïse N, Dingar D, Mamarbachi A, Villeneuve L, Farhat N, Gaestel M, et al. Characterization of a novel MK3 splice variant from murine ventricular myocardium. Cell Signal. 2010;22:1502-12 pubmed publisher..We cloned full-length MK3 (MK3.1, 384 aa) and a novel splice variant (MK3.2, 266 aa) from murine heart. For MK3...
- Hu L, Wang T, Gocke A, Nath A, Zhang H, Margolick J, et al. Blockade of Kv1.3 potassium channels inhibits differentiation and granzyme B secretion of human CD8+ T effector memory lymphocytes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54267 pubmed publisher..CD8+ T(EM) have a critical role in MS and other autoimmune diseases. Our present results indicate a critical role for Kv1.3 in the conversion of CD8+ T cells into potential pathogenic effector cells with cytotoxic function. ..
- Zhao R, Dai H, Mendelman N, Cuello L, Chill J, Goldstein S. Designer and natural peptide toxin blockers of the KcsA potassium channel identified by phage display. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E7013-21 pubmed publisher..The 3D structure of Hui1 reveals a SAK1 fold, rationalizes KcsA inhibition, and validates the scaffold-based approach for isolation of high-affinity toxins for orphan receptors. ..
- Eldstrom J, Doerksen K, Steele D, Fedida D. N-terminal PDZ-binding domain in Kv1 potassium channels. FEBS Lett. 2002;531:529-37 pubmed..These findings may have important implications for the regulation of channel expression and function by PDZ proteins like PSD95. ..
- Matsushita Y, Ohya S, Itoda H, Kimura T, Suzuki Y, Yamamura H, et al. Molecular mechanisms for Kv1.3 potassium channel current inhibition by CD3/CD28 stimulation in Jurkat T cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:152-7 pubmed publisher..01. In conclusion, the stimulation of CD28 in addition to CD3 strongly inhibits Kv1.3 current and this additive inhibition is mediated by CD45 activation. ..
- Hosseinzadeh Z, Warsi J, Elvira B, Almilaji A, Shumilina E, Lang F. Up-regulation of Kv1.3 channels by janus kinase 2. J Membr Biol. 2015;248:309-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, JAK2 participates in the signalling, regulating the voltage-gated K(+) channel KCNA3. ..
- Steinestel K, Eder S, Ehinger K, Schneider J, Genze F, Winkler E, et al. The small conductance calcium-activated potassium channel 3 (SK3) is a molecular target for Edelfosine to reduce the invasive potential of urothelial carcinoma cells. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:6275-83 pubmed publisher..The small conductance calcium-activated potassium channel 3 (SK3) enhances tumor cell invasion in breast cancer and malignant melanoma...
- Jaimes Hoy L, Gurrola G, Cisneros M, Joseph Bravo P, Possani L, Charli J. The Kv1.3 channel blocker Vm24 enhances muscle glucose transporter 4 mobilization but does not reduce body-weight gain in diet-induced obese male rats. Life Sci. 2017;181:23-30 pubmed publisher..3 channels with Vm24 does not reduce weight gain and visceral adiposity induced by HFF diet; instead, it reduces serum insulin concentration, and enhances GLUT4 mobilization in skeletal muscle. ..
- Balajthy A, Hajdu P, Panyi G, Varga Z. Sterol Regulation of Voltage-Gated K+ Channels. Curr Top Membr. 2017;80:255-292 pubmed publisher..3 function with ex vivo effects on cells from hypercholesterolemic and Smith-Lemli-Opitz patients. ..
- GÄ…siorowska J, Teisseyre A, Uryga A, Michalak K. Inhibition of Kv1.3 Channels in Human Jurkat T Cells by Xanthohumol and Isoxanthohumol. J Membr Biol. 2015;248:705-11 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of Kv1.3 channels might be involved in antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects of the compounds observed in cancer cell lines expressing these channels. ..
- Drube S, Kraft F, Dudeck J, Müller A, Weber F, Göpfert C, et al. MK2/3 Are Pivotal for IL-33-Induced and Mast Cell-Dependent Leukocyte Recruitment and the Resulting Skin Inflammation. J Immunol. 2016;197:3662-3668 pubmed..We aimed to define the relevance of the p38-targets, the MAPK-activated protein kinases 2 and 3 (MK2 and MK3) in IL-33-induced signaling and the resulting mast cell effector functions in vitro and in vivo...
- Fung Leung W, EDWARDS W, Liu Y, Ngo K, Angsana J, Castro G, et al. T Cell Subset and Stimulation Strength-Dependent Modulation of T Cell Activation by Kv1.3 Blockers. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0170102 pubmed publisher..3 blockers inhibit T cells in a unique, conditional manner, further refining our understanding of the therapeutic potential of Kv1.3 blockers. ..
- OrbÃ¡n C, SzabÃ³ D, Bajnok A, VÃ¡sÃ¡rhelyi B, Tulassay T, AratÃ³ A, et al. Altered activation of peripheral CD8+ T cells in pediatric Crohn's disease. Immunol Lett. 2017;185:48-51 pubmed publisher..Calcium handling of CD8+ lymphocytes is altered in pediatric CD, which is normalized by infliximab therapy. ..
- Chandy K, Norton R. Peptide blockers of Kv1.3 channels in T cells as therapeutics for autoimmune disease. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2017;38:97-107 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight the therapeutic potential of Kv1.3 peptide inhibitors to treat autoimmune diseases without compromising protective immune responses. ..
- Xia H, Yan X, Liu Y, Ju P, Liu J, Ni D, et al. Six2 is involved in GATA1-mediated cell apoptosis in mouse embryonic kidney-derived cell lines. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2017;53:827-833 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of GATA1 decreased Six2 expression in mk3 cells and increased cell apoptosis of mk3 and mk4 compared with corresponding control cells, but this up-regulation ..
- Mackenzie A, Chirakkal H, North R. Kv1.3 potassium channels in human alveolar macrophages. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2003;285:L862-8 pubmed..Under these experimental conditions Kv1.3 sets the resting potential of the cells, but it is not required for Fc receptor-mediated phagocytosis. ..
- Feng J, Yang W, Xie Z, Xiang F, Cao Z, Li W, et al. Kv Channel S1-S2 Linker Working as a Binding Site of Human Î²-Defensin 2 for Channel Activation Modulation. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:15487-95 pubmed publisher..These findings also highlight the functional importance of the Kv channel S1-S2 linker in ligand recognition and modification of channel activation. ..
- Reynoird N, Mazur P, Stellfeld T, Flores N, Lofgren S, Carlson S, et al. Coordination of stress signals by the lysine methyltransferase SMYD2 promotes pancreatic cancer. Genes Dev. 2016;30:772-85 pubmed publisher..We further identified the stress response kinase MAPKAPK3 (MK3) as a new physiologic substrate of SMYD2 in PDAC cells...
- Wang X, Lybarger L, Connors R, Harris M, Hansen T. Model for the interaction of gammaherpesvirus 68 RING-CH finger protein mK3 with major histocompatibility complex class I and the peptide-loading complex. J Virol. 2004;78:8673-86 pubmedThe mK3 protein of gammaherpesvirus 68 and the kK5 protein of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus are members of a family of structurally related viral immune evasion molecules that all possess a RING-CH domain with ubiquitin ligase ..
- Marks D, Fadool D. Post-synaptic density perturbs insulin-induced Kv1.3 channel modulation via a clustering mechanism involving the SH3 domain. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1608-27 pubmed
- Tu L, Deutsch C. A folding zone in the ribosomal exit tunnel for Kv1.3 helix formation. J Mol Biol. 2010;396:1346-60 pubmed publisher..These findings emerge from accessibility studies of a diversity of native transmembrane and linker sequences and may therefore be applicable to protein biogenesis in general. ..
- Hou P, Zhang R, Liu Y, Feng J, Wang W, Wu Y, et al. Physiological role of Kv1.3 channel in T lymphocyte cell investigated quantitatively by kinetic modeling. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89975 pubmed publisher..This was the first successful attempt to simulate membrane potential in non-excitable cells, which laid a solid basis for quantitatively studying the regulatory mechanism and physiological role of channels in non-excitable cells. ..
- Kan X, Gao H, Ma Z, Liu L, Ling M, Wang Y. Kv1.3 potassium channel mediates macrophage migration in atherosclerosis by regulating ERK activity. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016;591:150-6 pubmed publisher..It means that ERK is downstream signal of Kv1.3 channel. We concluded that Kv1.3 may stimulate macrophage migration through the activation of ERK. ..
- Ren D, Ju P, Liu J, Ni D, Gu Y, Long Y, et al. BMP7 plays a critical role in TMEM100-inhibited cell proliferation and apoptosis in mouse metanephric mesenchymal cells in vitro. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2018;54:111-119 pubmed publisher..In BMP7-depleted MK3 cells, Tmem100 is highly upregulated and BMPR-II is downregulated...
- Grunnet M, Rasmussen H, Hay Schmidt A, Rosenstierne M, Klaerke D, Olesen S, et al. KCNE4 is an inhibitory subunit to Kv1.1 and Kv1.3 potassium channels. Biophys J. 2003;85:1525-37 pubmed
- Poulopoulou C, Markakis I, Davaki P, Tsaltas E, Rombos A, Hatzimanolis A, et al. Aberrant modulation of a delayed rectifier potassium channel by glutamate in Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;37:339-48 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, if this aberration reflects a corresponding one in neural tissue, it could provide a potential target in AD pathogenesis. ..
- Kremer W, Weyand M, Winklmeier A, Schreier C, Kalbitzer H. 1.2 Å X-ray structure of the renal potassium channel Kv1.3 T1 domain. Protein J. 2013;32:533-42 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that in solution these amino acids are involved in an equilibrium of conformational states that may be coupled to the functional states of the whole potassium channel. ..
- Cidad P, Miguel Velado E, Ruiz McDavitt C, Alonso E, JimÃ©nez PÃ©rez L, Asuaje A, et al. Kv1.3 channels modulate human vascular smooth muscle cells proliferation independently of mTOR signaling pathway. Pflugers Arch. 2015;467:1711-22 pubmed publisher..3 channels in the PM of human VSMCs. Moreover, as current therapies to prevent restenosis rely on mTOR blockers, our results provide the basis for the development of novel, more specific therapies. ..
- Ramirez Cabral N, Kumar L, Shabani F. Global alterations in areas of suitability for maize production from climate change and using a mechanistic species distribution model (CLIMEX). Sci Rep. 2017;7:5910 pubmed publisher..the global level using the CLIMEX distribution model with climate data from two general circulation models, CSIRO-Mk3.0 and MIROC-H, assuming an A2 emissions scenario for 2050 and 2100...
- Szabo I, Bock J, Grassme H, Soddemann M, Wilker B, Lang F, et al. Mitochondrial potassium channel Kv1.3 mediates Bax-induced apoptosis in lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14861-6 pubmed publisher..3 and mitochondria. These findings suggest that Bax mediates cytochrome c release and mitochondrial depolarization in lymphocytes, at least in part, via its interaction with mitochondrial Kv1.3. ..
- Winklmeier A, Weyand M, Schreier C, Kalbitzer H, Kremer W. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of the tetramerization domain derived from the human potassium channel Kv1.3. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:688-91 pubmed publisher..The crystals showed I4 symmetry characteristic of the naturally occurring tetrameric assembly of the single subunits. A complete native data set was collected to 1.2 A resolution at 100 K using synchrotron radiation. ..
- Ellinghaus E, Stanulla M, Richter G, Ellinghaus D, te Kronnie G, Cario G, et al. Identification of germline susceptibility loci in ETV6-RUNX1-rearranged childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2012;26:902-9 pubmed publisher..The identification of TP63 and PTPRJ as susceptibility genes emphasize the role of the TP53 gene family and the importance of proteins regulating cellular processes in connection with tumorigenesis. ..
- Yang Y, Wang Y, Yang X, Wang Z, Lian Y, Yang Y, et al. Specific Kv1.3 blockade modulates key cholesterol-metabolism-associated molecules in human macrophages exposed to ox-LDL. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:34-43 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that specific Kv1.3 blockade represents a novel strategy modulating cholesterol metabolism in macrophages, which benefits the treatment of atherosclerotic lesions...
- Zhao N, Dong Q, Fu X, Du L, Cheng X, Du Y, et al. Acacetin blocks kv1.3 channels and inhibits human T cell activation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:1359-72 pubmed publisher..3 reduced the inhibitory effect of Acacetin on IL-2 secretion. Acacetin blocks the Kv1.3 channel and inhibits human T cell activation. This action most likely contributes to its immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory actions. ..
- Kim E, Niethammer M, Rothschild A, Jan Y, Sheng M. Clustering of Shaker-type K+ channels by interaction with a family of membrane-associated guanylate kinases. Nature. 1995;378:85-8 pubmed..3) and syntrophin), suggest that PDZ-domain-containing polypeptides may be widely involved in the organization of proteins at sites of membrane specialization. ..
- Jang S, Choi S, Ryu P, Lee S. Anti-proliferative effect of Kv1.3 blockers in A549 human lung adenocarcinoma in vitro and in vivo. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;651:26-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Kv1.3 may serve as a novel therapeutic target for lung adenocarcinoma therapy. ..
- Xu R, Cao M, Wu X, Wang X, Ruan L, Quan X, et al. Kv1.3 channels as a potential target for immunomodulation of CD4+ CD28null T cells in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Clin Immunol. 2012;142:209-17 pubmed publisher..3 blocker 5-(4-phenoxybutoxy)psoralen PAP-1. Therefore, selective targeting of Kv1.3 in CD4(+)CD28null T cells may hold potential therapeutic promise for ACS. ..
- David M, Macías A, Moreno C, Prieto A, Martínez Mármol R, Vicente R, et al. Protein kinase C (PKC) activity regulates functional effects of Kv?1.3 subunit on KV1.5 channels: identification of a cardiac Kv1.5 channelosome. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:21416-28 pubmed publisher..5, K(v)?1.3, the receptor for activated C kinase (RACK1), PKC?I, PKC?II, and PKC? in HEK293 cells. A very similar K(v)1.5 channelosome was found in rat ventricular tissue but not in atrial tissue. ..
- EDWARDS W, Fung Leung W, Huang C, Chi E, Wu N, Liu Y, et al. Targeting the ion channel Kv1.3 with scorpion venom peptides engineered for potency, selectivity, and half-life. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:22704-14 pubmed publisher..3 inhibitor fusion proteins may have potential for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Our results support an emerging approach to generating subtype selective therapeutic ion channel inhibitors. ..
- Pérez García M, Cidad P, López López J. Review on "The secret life of ion channels: Kv1.3 potassium channels and cell proliferation". Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;:ajpcell.00136.2017 pubmed publisher..3 channels surely gives a new perspective on their functions beyond their elementary role as ion channels, although a conclusive picture of the mechanisms involved in Kv1.3 signaling to proliferation is yet to be reached. ..
- PÃ©rez Verdaguer M, Capera J, Serrano Novillo C, Estadella I, Sastre D, Felipe A. The voltage-gated potassium channel Kv1.3 is a promising multitherapeutic target against human pathologies. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2016;20:577-91 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Kv1.3 blockers are showing positive results in preclinical trials. Considering this evidence, the implication of Kv1.3 in a wide repertoire of human pathologies indicates this channel is an important therapeutic target. ..
- Chen Y, Nguyen H, Maezawa I, Grössinger E, Garing A, Köhler R, et al. The potassium channel KCa3.1 constitutes a pharmacological target for neuroinflammation associated with ischemia/reperfusion stroke. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2016;36:2146-2161 pubmed..Our findings suggest KCa3.1 as a pharmacological target for ischemic stroke. Of potential, clinical relevance is that KCa3.1 blockade is still effective when initiated 12â€‰h after the insult. ..
- PÃ©rez Verdaguer M, Capera J, MartÃnez MÃ¡rmol R, Camps M, Comes N, Tamkun M, et al. Caveolin interaction governs Kv1.3 lipid raft targeting. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22453 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a caveolin-binding domain in Kv1 channels and highlight the mechanisms that govern the regulation of channel surface localization during cellular processes. ..
- Legány N, Toldi G, Orban C, Megyes N, Bajnok A, Balog A. Calcium influx kinetics, and the features of potassium channels of peripheral lymphocytes in primary Sjögren's syndrome. Immunobiology. 2016;221:1266-72 pubmed publisher..The altered expression and specific inhibition of potassium channels seem to be related to altered calcium influx kinetics in pSS which distinguish pSS either from healthy controls or other systemic autoimmune diseases. ..
- Panyi G, Bagdany M, Bodnar A, Vámosi G, Szentesi G, Jenei A, et al. Colocalization and nonrandom distribution of Kv1.3 potassium channels and CD3 molecules in the plasma membrane of human T lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2592-7 pubmed..These findings implicate that reciprocal regulation of ion-channel activity, membrane potential, and the function of receptor complexes may contribute to the proper functioning of the immunological synapse. ..
- Teisseyre A, Mozrzymas J. The influence of protons and zinc ions on the steady-state inactivation of Kv1.3 potassium channels. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2007;12:220-30 pubmed..The possible physiological significance of the observed modulatory effects is discussed herein. ..