Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kv1.2
Description: potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily A member 2
Alias: EIEE32, HBK5, HK4, HUKIV, KV1.2, MK2, NGK1, RBK2, potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily A member 2, potassium channel, voltage gated shaker related subfamily A, member 2, potassium voltage-gated channel, shaker-related subfamily, member 2, voltage-gated K(+) channel HuKIV, voltage-gated potassium channel HBK5, voltage-gated potassium channel protein Kv1.2, voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv1.2
Publications155 found, 100 shown here
- Yu Y, Hasegawa D, Fujiwara Igarashi A, Hamamoto Y, Mizoguchi S, Kuwabara T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the family of feline leucine-rich glioma-inactivated (LGI) genes, and mutational analysis in familial spontaneous epileptic cats. BMC Vet Res. 2017;13:389 pubmed publisher..No co-segregation of the disease was found with any variant. We cloned the cDNAs of the four feline LGI genes, analyzed the amino acid sequences, and revealed that epilepsy in FSEC is not a monogenic disorder associated with LGI genes. ..
- Koeppen A, Ramirez R, Becker A, Mazurkiewicz J. Dorsal root ganglia in Friedreich ataxia: satellite cell proliferation and inflammation. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2016;4:46 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FA differentially affects the key cellular elements of DRG, and postulate that the disease causes loss of bidirectional trophic support between satellite cells and neurons. ..
- Kim K, Ryu D, Dongiovanni P, Ozcan L, Nayak S, Ueberheide B, et al. Degradation of PHLPP2 by KCTD17, via a Glucagon-Dependent Pathway, Promotes Hepatic Steatosis. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:1568-1580.e10 pubmed publisher..Inhibitors of this pathway might be developed for treatment of patients with NAFLD. ..
- Riezzo I, Fiore C, De Carlo D, Pascale N, Neri M, Turillazzi E, et al. Side effects of cocaine abuse: multiorgan toxicity and pathological consequences. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:5624-46 pubmed..Renal failure resulting from cocaine abuse has been also well documented. A lot of studies demonstrated a high incidence of congenital cardiovascular and brain malformations in offspring born to mothers with a history of cocaine abuse. ..
- Pierce M, Mehrotra S, Mustoe A, French J, Murray T. A Comparison of the Ability of Leu8- and Pro8-Oxytocin to Regulate Intracellular Ca2+ and Ca2+-Activated K+ Channels at Human and Marmoset Oxytocin Receptors. Mol Pharmacol. 2019;95:376-385 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of the influence of apamin, charybdotoxin, paxilline, and TRAM-34 demonstrated involvement of both intermediate and large conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels. ..
- Zhang M, Yin H, Wang W, Li J, Wang X. Over-expressed human TREK-1 inhibits CHO cell proliferation via inhibiting PKA and p38 MAPK pathways and subsequently inducing G1 arrest. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2016;37:1190-8 pubmed publisher..TREK-1 overexpression suppresses CHO cell proliferation by inhibiting the activity of PKA and p38/MAPK signaling pathways and subsequently inducing G1 phase cell arrest. ..
- Hollborn M, Ulbricht E, Rillich K, Dukic Stefanovic S, Wurm A, Wagner L, et al. The human Müller cell line MIO-M1 expresses opsins. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2738-50 pubmed..This suggests immortalized Müller cells could be used as a cellular source to produce human opsins for their potential application as therapeutic agents in patients with retinitis pigmentosa. ..
- Geraldes V, Goncalves Rosa N, Liu B, Paton J, Rocha I. Chronic depression of hypothalamic paraventricular neuronal activity produces sustained hypotension in hypertensive rats. Exp Physiol. 2014;99:89-100 pubmed publisher..Our results support the PVN as a powerful site to control BP in neurogenic hypertension...
- Kutz J, Greaney J, Santhanam L, Alexander L. Evidence for a functional vasodilatatory role for hydrogen sulphide in the human cutaneous microvasculature. J Physiol. 2015;593:2121-9 pubmed publisher..05). CSE and 3-MST are expressed in the human microvasculature. Exogenous H2 S elicits cutaneous vasodilatation mediated by KCa channels and has a functional interaction with both NO and COX vasodilatatory signalling pathways. ..
- Macrander J, Brugler M, Daly M. A RNA-seq approach to identify putative toxins from acrorhagi in aggressive and non-aggressive Anthopleura elegantissima polyps. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:221 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a framework for further investigation into components of venom used exclusively for intraspecific competition in acrorhagi-bearing sea anemones and potentially other venomous animals. ..
- Serafini A, Lukas R, VanHaerents S, Warnke P, Tao J, Rose S, et al. Paraneoplastic epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2016;61:51-58 pubmed publisher..Early treatment of the paraneoplastic syndrome with immune modulation/suppression may prevent the more serious potential consequences of paraneoplastic epilepsy. ..
- Xu R, Li C, Wu Y, Shen L, Ma J, Qian J, et al. Role of KCa3.1 Channels in Macrophage Polarization and Its Relevance in Atherosclerotic Plaque Instability. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:226-236 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that blocking KCa3.1 suppresses plaque instability in advanced stages of atherosclerosis by inhibiting macrophage polarization toward an M1 phenotype. ..
- Tobin W, Lennon V, Komorowski L, Probst C, Clardy S, Aksamit A, et al. DPPX potassium channel antibody: frequency, clinical accompaniments, and outcomes in 20 patients. Neurology. 2014;83:1797-803 pubmed publisher..DPPX-IgG was not detected in any of the stiff-person syndrome patients. DPPX-IgG is a biomarker for an immunotherapy-responsive multifocal neurologic disorder of the central and autonomic nervous systems. ..
- Ahmad A, Sattar M, Rathore H, Khan S, Lazhari M, Afzal S, et al. A critical review of pharmacological significance of Hydrogen Sulfide in hypertension. Indian J Pharmacol. 2015;47:243-7 pubmed publisher..This critical review on the role of H2S in hypertension will clarify the gray areas and highlight its future prospects. ..
- Hu Z, Crump S, Zhang P, Abbott G. Kcne2 deletion attenuates acute post-ischaemia/reperfusion myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;110:227-37 pubmed publisher..The findings contribute further evidence that genetic disruption of arrhythmia-associated ion channel genes has cardiac ramifications beyond abnormal electrical activity. ..
- Geraldes V, Goncalves Rosa N, Tavares C, Paton J, Rocha I. Reversing gene expression in cardiovascular target organs following chronic depression of the paraventricular nucleus of hypothalamus and rostral ventrolateral medulla in spontaneous hypertensive rats. Brain Res. 2016;1646:109-115 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate the potential efficacy of central manipulation to protect against end-organ damage in essential hypertension. ..
- Tan C, Ch ng Y, Loh Y, Zaini Asmawi M, Ahmad M, Yam M. Vasorelaxation effect of Glycyrrhizae uralensis through the endothelium-dependent Pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;199:149-160 pubmed publisher..EFG was also found to be effective in reducing Ca2+ release from sarcoplasmic reticulum and the blocking of calcium channels. The results obtained suggest that EFG is involved in the NO/sGC/cGMP pathway. ..
- Wang M, Shan J, Yang Q, Ma X, Jin S, Guo X, et al. Antiarrhythmic efficacy of CPUY102122, a multiple ion channel blocker, on rabbits with ischemia/reperfusion injury. Pharmacol Rep. 2014;66:1022-30 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that CY22 has both antiarrhythmic and cardiovascular protective effects partly by blocking IKr, the production of antioxidants and protection of Cx43. ..
- Yamaji M, Mahmoud M, Evans I, Zachary I. Neuropilin 1 is essential for gastrointestinal smooth muscle contractility and motility in aged mice. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0115563 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a new role for Nrp1 in the maintenance of the visceral SMC contractile phenotype required for normal GI motility in aged mice. ..
- Rathore G, Leung K, Muscal E. Autoimmune Encephalitis Following Bone Marrow Transplantation. Pediatr Neurol. 2015;53:253-6 pubmed publisher..Systemic autoimmune manifestations in bone marrow transplant patients have been well-documented, but autoimmune encephalitis after transplantation has yet to be described in children. ..
- Schmidt S, Schmidt J, Tolentino J, Ferreira C, de Almeida S, Alvarenga R, et al. Cholangiocarcinoma associated with limbic encephalitis and early cerebral abnormalities detected by 2-deoxy-2-[fluorine-18]fluoro-D-glucose integrated with computed tomography-positron emission tomography: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2016;10:200 pubmed publisher
- Sampaio T, Menezes R, da Costa M, Meneses G, Arrieta M, Chaves Filho A, et al. Nephroprotective effects of (-)-?-bisabolol against ischemic-reperfusion acute kidney injury. Phytomedicine. 2016;23:1843-1852 pubmed publisher..Tubular epithelial cells LLC-MK2 were used to assess Bis effect on in vitro I/R, by MTT assay...
- Haynes J, Selby J, Vandekolk T, Abad I, Ho J, Lieuw W, et al. Induced pluripotent stem cell derived podocyte like cells as models for assessing mechanisms underlying heritable disease phenotype: initial studies using two Alport syndrome patient lines indicate impaired potassium channel activity. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2018;: pubmed publisher..We conclude that the AS patient-derived podocyte-like cells used in this study show dysfunctional integrin signalling and potassium channel function which may contribute to podocyte death seen in Alport syndrome. ..
- Cheng Z, Shen X, Jiang X, Shan H, CIMINI M, Fang P, et al. Hyperhomocysteinemia potentiates diabetes-impaired EDHF-induced vascular relaxation: Role of insufficient hydrogen sulfide. Redox Biol. 2018;16:215-225 pubmed publisher..H2S therapy may be beneficial for prevention and treatment of micro-vascular complications in patients with T2DM and HHcy. ..
- Kharade S, Kurata H, Bender A, Blobaum A, Figueroa E, Duran A, et al. Discovery, Characterization, and Effects on Renal Fluid and Electrolyte Excretion of the Kir4.1 Potassium Channel Pore Blocker, VU0134992. Mol Pharmacol. 2018;94:926-937 pubmed publisher..Thus, VU0134992 represents the first in vivo active tool compound for probing the therapeutic potential of Kir4.1 as a novel diuretic target for the treatment of hypertension. ..
- Hansen N, Ernst L, Rüber T, Widman G, Becker A, Elger C, et al. Pre- and long-term postoperative courses of hippocampus-associated memory impairment in epilepsy patients with antibody-associated limbic encephalitis and selective amygdalohippocampectomy. Epilepsy Behav. 2018;79:93-99 pubmed publisher..Particular caution is recommended in patients with GAD65-LE. ..
- Shiota C, Larsson O, Shelton K, Shiota M, Efanov A, Hoy M, et al. Sulfonylurea receptor type 1 knock-out mice have intact feeding-stimulated insulin secretion despite marked impairment in their response to glucose. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37176-83 pubmed
- Mortensen L, Schmidt H, Farsi Z, Barrantes Freer A, Rubio M, Ufartes R, et al. KV 10.1 opposes activity-dependent increase in Ca2+ influx into the presynaptic terminal of the parallel fibre-Purkinje cell synapse. J Physiol. 2015;593:181-96 pubmed publisher..We propose that KV 10.1 acts as a modulator of local AP shape specifically during high-frequency burst firing when other potassium channels suffer cumulative inactivation. ..
- ArÃ©chiga Figueroa I, Delgado RamÃrez M, MorÃ¡n Zendejas R, RodrÃguez Menchaca A. Modulation of Kv2.1 channels inactivation by curcumin. Pharmacol Rep. 2015;67:1273-9 pubmed publisher..Curcumin inhibition of Kv2.1 current was not use-dependent. Overall, our data suggest that curcumin inhibits Kv2.1 channels by modulating the inactivation gating, which would be expected to impact cellular physiology. ..
- LÃ¼bbert M, Suciu S, Hagemeijer A, RÃ¼ter B, Platzbecker U, Giagounidis A, et al. Decitabine improves progression-free survival in older high-risk MDS patients with multiple autosomal monosomies: results of a subgroup analysis of the randomized phase III study 06011 of the EORTC Leukemia Cooperative Group and German MDS Study Grou. Ann Hematol. 2016;95:191-9 pubmed publisher..a surprisingly favorable outcome in the (usually very unfavorable) subgroup with two or more autosomal monosomies (MK2+) within a complex karyotype (LÃ¼bbert et al., Haematologica 97:393-401, 2012)...
- Akao M, Otani H, Horie M, Takano M, Kuniyasu A, Nakayama H, et al. Myocardial ischemia induces differential regulation of KATP channel gene expression in rat hearts. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:3053-9 pubmed..2-fold) region of rat hearts subjected to 60 min of ischemia followed by 24 h of reperfusion. Thus, prolonged myocardial ischemia rather than reperfusion induces delayed and differential regulation of cardiac KATP channel gene expression...
- Kamoun T, Chabchoub I, Ben Ameur S, Kmiha S, Aloulou H, Cave H, et al. Transient neonatal diabetes mellitus and activating mutation in the KCNJ11 gene in two siblings. Arch Pediatr. 2017;24:453-456 pubmed publisher..Mutations of the genes encoding the potassium channel are rarely associated with these transitional forms. Herein, we report the clinical features of two siblings with a heterozygous mutation C679 G>A in the KCNJ11 gene. ..
- Pineda R, Nedumaran B, Hypolite J, Pan X, Wilson S, Meacham R, et al. Altered expression and modulation of the two-pore-domain (K2P) mechanogated potassium channel TREK-1 in overactive human detrusor. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F535-F546 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of TREK-1 expression by saRNA could be a future step for the development of in vivo pharmacological and genetic approaches to treat DO in humans. ..
- Delgado Ramírez M, De Jesús Pérez J, Aréchiga Figueroa I, Arreola J, Adney S, Villalba Galea C, et al. Regulation of Kv2.1 channel inactivation by phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate. Sci Rep. 2018;8:1769 pubmed publisher..1. We propose that PIP2 regulates Kv2.1 channels by interfering with the inactivation mechanism. ..
- Tsai W, Morielli A, Cachero T, Peralta E. Receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase alpha participates in the m1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor-dependent regulation of Kv1.2 channel activity. EMBO J. 1999;18:109-18 pubmed
- Mei Z, Mao H, Jiang L. Conserved cysteine residues in the pore region are obligatory for human TRPM2 channel function. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C1022-8 pubmed..These results taken together suggest that the cysteine residues in the pore region are obligatory for TRPM2 channel function...
- Martelli A, Testai L, Breschi M, Calderone V. Inhibitors of the renal outer medullary potassium channel: a patent review. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2015;25:1035-51 pubmed publisher..However, only few selected compounds underwent an in vivo investigation of diuretic and anti-hypertensive activities, and no data on the hERG channel are given in these patents. ..
- Liu C, Liu Y, Shen Z, Miao L, Zhang K, Wang F, et al. Sevoflurane Preconditioning Reduces Intestinal Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury: Role of Protein Kinase C and Mitochondrial ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0141426 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that pretreatment with 0.5 MAC sevoflurane is as effective as IPC against intestinal IRI. The activation of PKC and mKATP may be involved in the protective mechanisms of SPC. ..
- Martin Eauclaire M, Pimenta A, Bougis P, de Lima M. Potassium channel blockers from the venom of the Brazilian scorpion Tityus serrulatus (). Toxicon. 2016;119:253-65 pubmed publisher..Also, special attention will be brought to the most recent data obtained by proteomic and transcriptomic analyses on Tityus serrulatus venoms and venom glands. ..
- Wang S, Long C, Chen J, Cui W, Zhang Y, Zhang H, et al. Pharmacological evidence: a new therapeutic approach to the treatment of chronic heart failure through SUR2B/Kir6.1 channel in endothelial cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2017;38:41-55 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates a new pharmacological approach to the treatment of CHF through activation of the SUR2B/Kir6.1 channel in endothelial cells, and that the eNOS/VASP pathways are involved in its signaling mechanisms. ..
- Yuan F, Guo D, Gao G, Liu Y, Xu Y, Wu Y, et al. Generation of a KCNJ11 homozygous knockout human embryonic stem cell line WAe001-A-12 using CRISPR/Cas9. Stem Cell Res. 2017;24:89-93 pubmed publisher..It was confirmed that this deletion in the KCNJ11 gene did not affect the protein expression levels of key pluripotent factors. Additionally, normal karyotype and differentiation potency were observed for the cell line. ..
- Levy J, Gyarmati J, Lesko J, Adler R, Stevens W. Dual regulation of leptin secretion: intracellular energy and calcium dependence of regulated pathway. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000;278:E892-901 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that intracellular energy production is important for acute leptin secretion and that potassium and calcium flux may play roles in coupling intracellular energy production to leptin secretion...
- Zhang X, Lu L, Wang L. Vitamin K3 inhibits mouse uterine contraction in vitro via interference with the calcium transfer and the potassium channels. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:393-399 pubmed publisher..These dates suggest that vitamin K3 specifically suppresses myometrial contractility by affecting calcium and potassium channels; thus, this approach has potential therapy for uterine contractile activity related disorders. ..
- Argenziano M, Tiscornia G, Moretta R, Casal L, Potilinski C, Amorena C, et al. Arrhythmogenic effect of androgens on the rat heart. J Physiol Sci. 2017;67:217-225 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that androgenic control of NCX expression plays a key role in determining arrhythmogenicity in the rat heart. ..
- O Donnell A, Coyle D, Puri P. Decreased expression of Kv7 channels in Hirchsprung's disease. J Pediatr Surg. 2017;52:1177-1181 pubmed publisher..A deficiency of Kv7.4 channels in the ganglionic and aganglionic bowel may place a role in colonic dysmotility in HSCR. ..
- Barone D, Krieger A. Sleep disturbances in voltage-gated potassium channel antibody syndrome. Sleep Med. 2016;21:171-3 pubmed publisher..The prompt recognition and treatment of this condition may prevent the morbidity associated with cerebral atrophy and the mortality associated with intractable seizures and electrolyte disturbances. ..
- JALIFE J. Dynamics and Molecular Mechanisms of Ventricular Fibrillation in Structurally Normal Hearts. Card Electrophysiol Clin. 2016;8:601-12 pubmed publisher..1, and the alpha subunit of the main cardiac sodium channel, NaV1.5. ..
- Tanner M, Tajhya R, Huq R, Gehrmann E, Rodarte K, Atik M, et al. Prolonged immunomodulation in inflammatory arthritis using the selective Kv1.3 channel blocker HsTX1[R14A] and its PEGylated analog. Clin Immunol. 2017;180:45-57 pubmed publisher..PEG-HsTX1[R14A] has the additional advantages of reduced non-specific adsorption to inert surfaces and enhanced circulating half-life. ..
- Fletcher E, Simon C, Pagiazitis J, Chalif J, Vukojicic A, Drobac E, et al. Reduced sensory synaptic excitation impairs motor neuron function via Kv2.1 in spinal muscular atrophy. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:905-916 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a key role of excitatory synaptic drive in shaping the function of motor neurons during development and the contribution of its disruption to a neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Lacin E, Aryal P, Glaaser I, Bodhinathan K, Tsai E, Marsh N, et al. Dynamic role of the tether helix in PIP2-dependent gating of a G protein-gated potassium channel. J Gen Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This dynamic interaction with PIP2 may explain the intrinsic low open probability of GIRK channels and the mechanism underlying activation by G protein G?? subunits and ethanol. ..
- Benamer N, Moha Ou Maati H, Demolombe S, Cantereau A, Delwail A, Bois P, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of a new potassium conductance in mouse ventricular fibroblasts. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;46:508-17 pubmed publisher..1 channels represent a significant potassium conductance in ventricular fibroblasts which may be activated in physio-pathological conditions and which may impact on fibroblast proliferation and function...
- Beltrand J, Elie C, Busiah K, Fournier E, Boddaert N, Bahi Buisson N, et al. Sulfonylurea Therapy Benefits Neurological and Psychomotor Functions in Patients With Neonatal Diabetes Owing to Potassium Channel Mutations. Diabetes Care. 2015;38:2033-41 pubmed publisher..An early genetic diagnosis should always be made, allowing for a rapid switch to SU. ..
- Kamikawa A, Sugimoto S, Ichii O, Kondoh D. Decrease in an Inwardly Rectifying Potassium Conductance in Mouse Mammary Secretory Cells after Forced Weaning. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0141131 pubmed publisher..1 mRNA and protein expression. These alterations during the post-weaning period may be involved in the cessation of ion secretion and/or preservation in the milk. ..
- Vila A, Whitaker C, O BRIEN J. Membrane-associated guanylate kinase scaffolds organize a horizontal cell synaptic complex restricted to invaginating contacts with photoreceptors. J Comp Neurol. 2017;525:850-867 pubmed publisher..J. Comp. Neurol. 525:850-867, 2017. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Kamarajan C, Pandey A, Chorlian D, Manz N, Stimus A, Edenberg H, et al. A KCNJ6 gene polymorphism modulates theta oscillations during reward processing. Int J Psychophysiol. 2017;115:13-23 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to determine the implications of these genetic effects on posterior theta EROs as possible "protective" factors, or as indices of delays in brain maturation (i.e., lack of frontalization). ..
- Sun H, Zheng S, Lu K, Hou F, Bi J, Liu X, et al. Hydrogen sulfide attenuates gastric mucosal injury induced by restraint water-immersion stress via activation of KATP channel and NF-?B dependent pathway. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:87-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that exogenous H2S plays a protective role against RWIS injury in rats, possibly through modulation of KATP channel opening and the NF-?B dependent pathway. ..
- Faouzi M, Kilch T, Horgen F, Fleig A, Penner R. The TRPM7 channel kinase regulates store-operated calcium entry. J Physiol. 2017;595:3165-3180 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the channel kinase TRPM7 and SOCE are synergistic mechanisms regulating intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis. ..
- Molina M, Giudici A, Poveda J, FernÃ¡ndez Ballester G, Montoya E, Renart M, et al. Competing Lipid-Protein and Protein-Protein Interactions Determine Clustering and Gating Patterns in the Potassium Channel from Streptomyces lividans (KcsA). J Biol Chem. 2015;290:25745-55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these latter effects of anionic lipids are mediated via the Trp(67)-Glu(71)-Asp(80) inactivation triad within the channel structure and its bearing on the selectivity filter. ..
- Burdette D, Gross A. Spin Labeling of Potassium Channels. Methods Enzymol. 2015;564:389-400 pubmed publisher..At the end of the chapter, we provide detailed methods to produce spin-labeled samples of KcsA and KvAP, the two most commonly studied potassium channels. ..
- Choi E, Sloma E, Miller A. Kir7.1 immunoreactivity in canine choroid plexus tumors. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2016;28:464-8 pubmed publisher..These results, including the distinctive pattern of immunostaining in CPTs, suggest that Kir7.1 is an excellent marker for CPTs in the dog. ..
- Koh W, Shin J, Bang J, Kim S, Song J. The Antiallodynic Effects of Nefopam Are Mediated by the Adenosine Triphosphate-Sensitive Potassium Channel in a Neuropathic Pain Model. Anesth Analg. 2016;123:762-70 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the KATP channel is involved in the antiallodynic effects of nefopam in a neuropathic pain model. ..
- Algalarrondo V, Nattel S. Potassium Channel Remodeling in Heart Disease. Card Electrophysiol Clin. 2016;8:337-47 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of K(+) channel remodeling will help clinicians to appreciate arrhythmia mechanisms and determinants in a variety of clinical situations and to better manage arrhythmia therapy in patients with heart disease. ..
- Kleschevnikov A, Yu J, Kim J, Lysenko L, Zeng Z, Yu Y, et al. Evidence that increased Kcnj6 gene dose is necessary for deficits in behavior and dentate gyrus synaptic plasticity in the Ts65Dn mouse model of Down syndrome. Neurobiol Dis. 2017;103:1-10 pubmed publisher..Strategies aimed at pharmacologically reducing channel function should be explored for enhancing cognition in DS. ..
- Sarookhani M, Haghdoost Yazdi H, Sarbazi Golezari A, Babayan Tazehkand A, Rastgoo N. Involvement of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels in the neuroprotective activity of hydrogen sulfide in the 6-hydroxydopamine-induced animal model of Parkinson's disease. Behav Pharmacol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Our data show that ATP-sensitive potassium channels are involved in the antiparkinsonian and neuroprotective effects of H2S in the 6-OHDA animal model of Parkinson's disease...
- Glaser B, Furth J, Stanley C, Baker L, Thornton P, Landau H, et al. Intragenic single nucleotide polymorphism haplotype analysis of SUR1 mutations in familial hyperinsulinism. Hum Mutat. 1999;14:23-9 pubmed..Furthermore, our findings have implications concerning the HI-associated chromosomes on which no mutation has been identified...
- Wang S, Zhou X, Huang B, Wang Z, Zhou L, Chen M, et al. Spinal cord stimulation suppresses atrial fibrillation by inhibiting autonomic remodeling. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:274-81 pubmed publisher..SCS may suppress RAP-induced AF by inhibiting autonomic remodeling, and the underlying mechanism of the salutary effect of SCS might contribute to modulation of the expression of c-fos, NGF, and SK2. ..
- Carr G, Chen J, Yang F, Ren M, Yuan P, Tian Q, et al. KCNH2-3.1 expression impairs cognition and alters neuronal function in a model of molecular pathology associated with schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21:1517-1526 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight into the mechanism of association of KCNH2-3.1 with variation in human cognition and neuronal physiology and may explain its role in schizophrenia. ..
- Nishitani A, Tanaka M, Shimizu S, Kunisawa N, Yokoe M, Yoshida Y, et al. Involvement of aspartoacylase in tremor expression in rats. Exp Anim. 2016;65:293-301 pubmed publisher..Our animal model suggested that the interaction of NAA accumulation due to ASPA deficiency with an unstable neuronal membrane potential caused by HCN1 deficiency was involved in tremor development. ..
- Larson N, Carlier P, Gross A, Islam R, Ma M, Sun B, et al. Toxicology of potassium channel-directed compounds in mosquitoes. Neurotoxicology. 2017;60:214-223 pubmed publisher..Interaction with the phenol oxidase system within insects may be the cause of this melanization, but any contribution to toxicity requires further investigation. ..
- Wu S, Gu Y, Huang Y, Wong T, Ding H, Liu T, et al. Novel Biomarkers for Non-functioning Invasive Pituitary Adenomas were Identified by Using Analysis of microRNAs Expression Profile. Biochem Genet. 2017;55:253-267 pubmed publisher..Our result can provide the evidence on featured miRNAs which play a prominent role in pituitary adenoma as effective biomarkers and therapeutic targets in the future. ..
- Cowles C, Wu Y, Barnett S, Lee M, Burkin H, Buxton I. Alternatively Spliced Human TREK-1 Variants Alter TREK-1 Channel Function and Localization. Biol Reprod. 2015;93:122 pubmed publisher..These data correlate the presence of TREK-1 variants to reduced TREK-1 activity, suggesting a pathological role for TREK-1 variants in preterm labor. ..
- Alimbetov D, Davis T, Brook A, Cox L, Faragher R, Nurgozhin T, et al. Suppression of the senescence-associated secretory phenotype (SASP) in human fibroblasts using small molecule inhibitors of p38 MAP kinase and MK2. Biogerontology. 2016;17:305-15 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate for the first time a requirement for signalling through the p38 downstream MK2 kinase in the regulation of the SASP using two MK2 inhibitors...
- Olamendi Portugal T, Bartok A, Zamudio ZuÃ±iga F, Balajthy A, Becerril B, Panyi G, et al. Isolation, chemical and functional characterization of several new K(+)-channel blocking peptides from the venom of the scorpion Centruroides tecomanus. Toxicon. 2016;115:1-12 pubmed publisher..The pharmacological properties of the peptides described in this study may provide valuable tools for understanding the structure-function relationship of K(+) channel blocking scorpion toxins. ..
- Jahn L, Mucha S, Bergmann S, Horn C, Staswick P, Steffens B, et al. The Clubroot Pathogen (Plasmodiophora brassicae) Influences Auxin Signaling to Regulate Auxin Homeostasis in Arabidopsis. Plants (Basel). 2013;2:726-49 pubmed publisher..This research provides evidence for the involvement of two auxin signaling pathways in Arabidopsis needed for the establishment of the root galls by P. brassicae. ..
- Wu W, Sanguinetti M. Molecular Basis of Cardiac Delayed Rectifier Potassium Channel Function and Pharmacology. Card Electrophysiol Clin. 2016;8:275-84 pubmed publisher..Most blockers bind to S6 residues that line the central cavity of the channel, whereas activators interact with the channel at 4 symmetric binding sites outside the cavity. ..
- Luo L, Cui J, Feng Z, Li Y, Wang M, Cai Y, et al. Lentiviral-mediated overexpression of KCTD12 inhibits the proliferation of human uveal melanoma OCM-1 cells. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:871-878 pubmed publisher..In addition, inhibition of KCTD12-overexpressing OCM-1 cell xenograft growth in nude mice was observed. Taken together, KCTD12 may serve as a novel therapeutic target for patients with uveal melanoma. ..
- Yuanyuan L, Xiumei G, Min C, Xin L, Yueyang P, Zhiliang G. [Role of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel in hydrogen sulfide-induced inhibition of high glucoseinduced osteoblast damage]. Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;35:473-478 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to identify the role of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel (KATP) in hydrogen sulfide (H?S)-induced inhibition of high glucose (HG)-induced osteoblast damage...
- Capurro C, Coutry N, Bonvalet J, Escoubet B, Garty H, Farman N. Cellular localization and regulation of CHIF in kidney and colon. Am J Physiol. 1996;271:C753-62 pubmed..The precise cell-specific functions of CHIF remain to be established...
- Joshi K, Shen L, Michaeli A, Salter M, Thibault Messier G, Hashmi S, et al. Infantile spasms in down syndrome: Rescue by knockdown of the GIRK2 channel. Ann Neurol. 2016;80:511-21 pubmed publisher..Ann Neurol 2016;80:511-521. ..
- Gasparotto Junior A, Dos Reis Piornedo R, Assreuy J, da Silva Santos J. Nitric oxide and Kir6.1 potassium channel mediate isoquercitrin-induced endothelium-dependent and independent vasodilation in the mesenteric arterial bed of rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;788:328-334 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that isoquercitrin induces vasodilation in resistance arteries, an effect mediated by K(+) channel opening and endothelial nitric oxide production. ..
- Gadoth A, Pittock S, Dubey D, McKeon A, Britton J, Schmeling J, et al. Expanded phenotypes and outcomes among 256 LGI1/CASPR2-IgG-positive patients. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:79-92 pubmed publisher..Response to initial immunotherapy is often favorable, but some patients remain severely disabled, requiring long-term immunotherapy and/or antiepileptic medications. Ann Neurol 2017;82:79-92. ..
- Kimura S, Nakao S, Kitaura A, Iwamoto T, Houri K, Matsushima M, et al. Sevoflurane causes greater QTc interval prolongation in chronically hyperglycemic patients than in normoglycemic patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188555 pubmed publisher..Although Tp-ec is not affected by sevoflurane, it should be noted that the simultaneous blockade of potassium channels would increase the risk of arrhythmias...
- Hansen T, Echwald S, Hansen L, Møller A, Almind K, Clausen J, et al. Decreased tolbutamide-stimulated insulin secretion in healthy subjects with sequence variants in the high-affinity sulfonylurea receptor gene. Diabetes. 1998;47:598-605 pubmed..In combination with an intron variant, the association is higher, and young, healthy carriers of the intragenic combination have reduced serum C-peptide and insulin responses to a tolbutamide load...
- Kukreja R. Role of KATP channel in heat shock and pharmacological preconditioning. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1999;874:211-21 pubmed..8 with 5-HD in MLA-treated rabbits. 5-HD did not alter infarct size significantly when given in vehicle-treated control rabbits. These data suggest that HS and MLA exert their anti-ischemic effect through activation of KATP channel...
- Puckerin A, Aromolaran K, Chang D, Zukin R, Colecraft H, Boutjdir M, et al. hERG 1a LQT2 C-terminus truncation mutants display hERG 1b-dependent dominant negative mechanisms. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:1121-1130 pubmed publisher..Heterologously expressed hERG 1a C-terminus truncation mutants, exert a dominant negative gating and trafficking effect only when co-expressed with hERG 1b. These findings may have potentially profound implications for LQT2 therapy. ..
- Alekseev A, Hodgson D, Karger A, Park S, Zingman L, Terzic A. ATP-sensitive K+ channel channel/enzyme multimer: metabolic gating in the heart. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;38:895-905 pubmed
- Tan K, Lennon V, Klein C, Boeve B, Pittock S. Clinical spectrum of voltage-gated potassium channel autoimmunity. Neurology. 2008;70:1883-90 pubmed publisher..Evaluation for VGKC antibodies is recommended in the comprehensive autoimmune serologic testing of subacute idiopathic neurologic disorders. ..