Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ku70
Description: X-ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 6
Alias: CTC75, CTCBF, G22P1, KU70, ML8, TLAA, 5'-dRP lyase Ku70, 5'-deoxyribose-5-phosphate lyase Ku70, 70 kDa subunit of Ku antigen, ATP-dependent DNA helicase 2 subunit 1, ATP-dependent DNA helicase II 70 kDa subunit, ATP-dependent DNA helicase II, 70 kDa subunit, CTC box binding factor 75 kDa subunit, CTC box-binding factor 75 kDa subunit, DNA repair protein XRCC6, Ku autoantigen p70 subunit, Ku autoantigen, 70kDa, X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 6, lupus Ku autoantigen protein p70, thyroid autoantigen 70kD (Ku antigen), thyroid autoantigen 70kDa (Ku antigen), thyroid-lupus autoantigen p70
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors sensitize prostate cancer cells to agents that produce DNA double-strand breaks by targeting Ku70 acetylationChang Shi Chen
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cancer Res 67:5318-27. 2007..whereby histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors sensitize prostate cancer cells to DNA-damaging agents by targeting Ku70 acetylation...
- The DNA-repair Ku70 protein is located in the nucleus and tail of elongating spermatids in grasshoppersJosefa Cabrero
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Chromosome Res 15:1093-100. 2007..Immunofluorescence patterns for Ku70, a DNA-repair protein participating in the non-homologous end-joining (NHEJ) pathway, showed that this protein is ..
- NF-kappaB p65 regulates nuclear translocation of Ku70 via degradation of heat shock cognate protein 70 in pancreatic acinar AR42J cellsJoo Weon Lim
Institute of Gastroenterology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 752, Republic of Korea
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:2065-77. 2008Ku proteins such as Ku70 and Ku80 play key roles in multiple nuclear processes. Nuclear translocation of Ku70 is independent of Ku80 translocation and mediated by nuclear localization signal (NLS) receptors including importin-alpha...
- Cerebral expression of DNA repair protein, Ku70, and its association with cell proliferation following cerebral hypoxia-ischemia in neonatal ratsShuzhen Meng
MR Technology, Institute for Biodiagnostics West, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Int J Dev Neurosci 27:129-34. 2009We hypothesized that increased Ku70 expression could be involved in recovery following cerebral hypoxia-ischemia...
- Enhanced gene replacements in Ku80 disruption mutants of the dermatophyte, Trichophyton mentagrophytesTsuyoshi Yamada
Teikyo University Institute of Medical Mycology, Teikyo University, Tokyo, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 298:208-17. 2009..The Ku genes, Ku70 and Ku80, encode key components of the nonhomologous end-joining pathway involved in DNA double-strand break repair...
- Oral cancer and genetic polymorphism of DNA double strand break gene Ku70 in TaiwanDa Tian Bau
Terry Fox Cancer Research Laboratory, Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital, 2 Yuh Der Road, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Oral Oncol 44:1047-51. 2008The DNA repair gene Ku70, an important caretaker of the overall genome stability, is thought to play a major role in the DNA double strand break repair system...
- Human Ku70/80 associates physically with telomerase through interaction with hTERTWeihang Chai
Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9039, USA
J Biol Chem 277:47242-7. 2002..The DNA repair protein Ku (a heterodimer of Ku70 and Ku80 subunits) associates with mammalian telomeres and contributes to telomere maintenance...
- Expression of TRF1, TRF2, TIN2, TERT, KU70, and BRCA1 proteins is associated with telomere shortening and may contribute to multistage carcinogenesis of gastric cancerHua Hu
Cancer Research Institute, The Second Affiliated Hospital, University of South China, 421001, Hengyang, Hunan, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1407-14. 2010..To elucidate the carcinogenesis mechanism in gastric cancer, the expression of telomeric proteins and changes in telomere length were investigated during multistage carcinogenesis of gastric cancer...
- Regulation of the pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1 protein by DNA-dependent protein kinasePatricia Lebrun
INSERM U145, Faculty of Medicine, IFR50 Nice, France
J Biol Chem 280:38203-10. 2005..We identified new proteins associated with PDX-1 by mass spectrometry. These proteins, Ku70 and Ku80, are regulatory subunits of DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PK)...
- Pterygium and genetic polymorphism of DNA double strand break repair gene Ku70Yi Yu Tsai
Department of Ophthalmology, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Vis 13:1436-40. 2007..In humans, NHEJ is the predominant repair system and Ku70 protein plays an initial and important role in the NHEJ system...
- Ku binds telomeric DNA in vitroA Bianchi
Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 274:21223-7. 1999..Our results indicate that the DNA binding characteristics of Ku are consistent with its direct interaction with telomeric DNA in mammalian cells and its proposed role as a telomere end factor...
- Ku, a DNA repair protein with multiple cellular functions?C Featherstone
Wellcome Cancer Research Campaign Institute, Cambridge University, UK
Mutat Res 434:3-15. 1999..Ku also recruits DNA-PKcs to the DSB, activating its kinase function. Targeted disruption of the genes encoding Ku70 and Ku80 has identified significant differences between Ku-deficient mice and DNA-PKcs-deficient mice...
- Positive and negative modulation of the transcriptional activity of the ETS factor ESE-1 through interaction with p300, CREB-binding protein, and Ku 70/86Hong Wang
Cardiology Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 279:25241-50. 2004..We have determined that Ku70, Ku86, p300, and CREB-binding protein (CBP) are ESE-1 interacting proteins...
- Identification and biochemical characterization of a Werner's syndrome protein complex with Ku70/80 and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1Baomin Li
Departments of Molecular Microbiology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13659-67. 2004..We have previously reported that WRN interacts with Ku70/80 and this interaction strongly stimulates WRN exonuclease activity...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) Polymerase 1 Interacts with Nuclear Respiratory Factor 1 (NRF-1) and Plays a Role in NRF-1 Transcriptional RegulationMohammad B Hossain
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Genes and Development Program of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 284:8621-32. 2009..DNA-PK.Ku80.Ku70.topoisomerase IIbeta-containing protein complex...
- Implication of the lymphocyte-specific nuclear body protein Sp140 in an innate response to human immunodeficiency virus type 1Navid Madani
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201 3098, USA
J Virol 76:11133-8. 2002..Our results implicate Sp140 in a response to HIV-1 that may be related to or coordinated with the pathway that inactivates HIV-1 lacking vif...
- Identification of poly(ADP-ribose)polymerase-1 and Ku70/Ku80 as transcriptional regulators of S100A9 gene expressionJens Grote
Institute of Experimental Dermatology, University of Muenster, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 7:48. 2006..2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 41879-41887)...
- DNA-PK phosphorylation sites on Oct-1 promote cell survival following DNA damageC Schild-Poulter
Department of Medicine, The Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 26:3980-8. 2007..These results implicate Oct-1 as a primary effector in a DNA-PK-dependent cell survival pathway that is activated by double-stranded DNA breaks...
- Expression of human glucocorticoid receptor gene and interaction of nuclear proteins with the transcriptional control elementN Warriar
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, Laval University Hospital Center, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Sainte Foy, G1V 4G2, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:18662-71. 1996..Both Ku80 and Ku70 polypeptides were present in high concentrations in human placenta and HeLa cells...
- Ku70 and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 competitively regulate beta-catenin and T-cell factor-4-mediated gene transactivation: possible linkage of DNA damage recognition and Wnt signalingMasashi Idogawa
Chemotherapy Division and ADP Ribosylation in Oncology Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Res 67:911-8. 2007..Using immunoprecipitation and mass spectrometry, we found that two Ku proteins, Ku70 and Ku80, were also associated with the complex...
- Expression of apolipoprotein C-IV is regulated by Ku antigen/peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma complex and correlates with liver steatosisEun Kim
Liver Research Center, Rhode Island Hospital and Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Hepatol 49:787-98. 2008..7-fold increase), a member of the apolipoprotein family implicated in liver steatosis. Here, we identified host transcription factors regulating the ApoC-IV gene expression...
- Breast cancer risk associated with genotypic polymorphism of the nonhomologous end-joining genes: a multigenic study on cancer susceptibilityYi Ping Fu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 11529, Taiwan
Cancer Res 63:2440-6. 2003..genetic variation in the genome, to examine these hypotheses, we have genotyped 30 SNPs in all five NHEJ genes (Ku70, Ku80, DNA-PKcs, Ligase IV, and XRCC4) in 254 primary breast cancer patients and 379 healthy controls...
- Ku is a novel transcriptional recycling coactivator of the androgen receptor in prostate cancer cellsGreg L Mayeur
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, UC Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Biol Chem 280:10827-33. 2005..AR directly interacts with both Ku70 and Ku80 in vivo and in vitro, as shown by co-immunoprecipitation, glutathione S-transferase pull-down, and Sf9 ..
- Actinomycin D induces histone gamma-H2AX foci and complex formation of gamma-H2AX with Ku70 and nuclear DNA helicase IIHannah Elisabeth Mischo
Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Postfach 100 813, D 07708 Jena, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:9586-94. 2005..5 microg/ml DNA intercalating agent actinomycin D. In untreated cells, gamma-H2AX co-immunoprecipitated with Ku70, a subunit of DNA-dependent protein kinase, as well as with nuclear DNA helicase II (NDH II), a DEXH family ..
- Direct binding of AP-1 (Fos/Jun) proteins to a SMAD binding element facilitates both gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)- and activin-mediated transcriptional activation of the mouse GnRH receptor geneErrol R Norwitz
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:37469-78. 2002....
- Interaction of human Ku70 with TRF2K Song
Department of Biochemistry, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
FEBS Lett 481:81-5. 2000..We have utilized the yeast two-hybrid system to identify Ku70-interacting proteins other than Ku80...
- DNA-dependent protein kinase and XRCC4-DNA ligase IV mobilization in the cell in response to DNA double strand breaksJerome Drouet
Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, CNRS UMR 5089, 205 route de Narbonne, 31077 Toulouse, Cedex 4, France
J Biol Chem 280:7060-9. 2005..DNA-PK comprises the Ku70/Ku80 heterodimer and the catalytic subunit DNA-PKcs...
- A topoisomerase IIbeta-mediated dsDNA break required for regulated transcriptionBong Gun Ju
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0648, USA
Science 312:1798-802. 2006..Our data mechanistically link DNA topoisomerase IIbeta-dependent dsDNA breaks and the components of the DNA damage and repair machinery in regulated gene transcription...
- Ku autoantigen (DNA helicase) is required for interleukins-13/-4-induction of 15-lipoxygenase-1 gene expression in human epithelial cellsU P Kelavkar
Center for Glomerulonephritis, Renal Division, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Genes Immun 1:237-50. 2000..proteins, identified one as the 86 kDA Lupus KU autoantigen protein P86 and the second as the 70 kDa Lupus KU autoantigen protein P70. Gel shift and supershift experiments using monoclonal antibodies toward Ku antigen and its ..
- TLK1B promotes repair of DSBs via its interaction with Rad9 and Asf1Caroline Canfield
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Feist Weiller Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, 71130, USA
BMC Mol Biol 10:110. 2009..However, the phosphorylation of Rad9(S328) by TLK1B appeared important for mediating a cell cycle checkpoint, and thus, this phosphorylation of Rad9 may have other effects on 9-1-1 functionality...
- Micronucleus formation, DNA damage and repair in premenopausal women chronically exposed to high level of indoor air pollution from biomass fuel use in rural IndiaNandan Kumar Mondal
Department of Experimental Hematology, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, 37, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700026, West Bengal, India
Mutat Res 697:47-54. 2010..damage was examined by comet assay in peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBL); and expressions of gamma-H2AX, Mre11 and Ku70 proteins were localized in AEC and PBL by immunocytochemistry...
- Involvement of the nonhomologous end joining DNA repair pathway in the bystander effect for chromosomal aberrationsJohn B Little
Laboratory of Radiobiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Radiat Res 159:262-7. 2003Cells of mouse knockout cell lines for Ku80 (now known as Xrcc5), Ku70 (now known as G22p1), DNA-PKcs (now known as Prkdc) and PARP (now known as Adprt) were synchronized in G1 phase and exposed to very low fluences of alpha particles...
- NBS1 regulates a novel apoptotic pathway through Bax activationKenta Iijima
Department of Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science, Ibaraki University, Bunkyo 2 1 1, Mito, Ibaraki, Japan
DNA Repair (Amst) 7:1705-16. 2008..Interestingly, NBS1 regulates a novel Bax activation pathway by disrupting the Ku70-Bax complex which is required for activation of the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway...
- The radiosensitizing effect of Ku70/80 knockdown in MCF10A cells irradiated with X-rays and p(66)+Be(40) neutronsVeerle Vandersickel
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, Laboratory of Toxicology and Pharmacology, Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, Via A, Da Guissano 10, 21052 Busto Arsizio, Italy
Radiat Oncol 5:30. 2010..To date however, our knowledge regarding the importance of DNA DSB repair proteins and mechanisms in the response of human cells to high-LET radiation, is far from being complete...
- Reduced DNA double strand breaks in chlorambucil resistant cells are related to high DNA-PKcs activity and low oxidative stressIstvan Boldogh
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sealy Center for Molecular Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Toxicology 193:137-52. 2003..The decreased kinase activity of DNA-PKcs was not due to a change in its amount or the levels of Ku70 and Ku86, their subcellular distribution, cell cycle progression or caspase-mediated degradation of DNA-PK...
- Ku70 is required for late B cell development and immunoglobulin heavy chain class switchingJ P Manis
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Exp Med 187:2081-9. 1998..b>Ku70 and Ku80 form a DNA end-binding complex required for DNA double strand break repair and V(D)J recombination...
- Ku, Artemis, and ataxia-telangiectasia-mutated: signalling networks in DNA damageTomohiro Morio
Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Biology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:598-603. 2008..Once the DNA is damaged, the DNA repair protein Ku70/80 translocates into the nucleus, a process which may be mediated by ataxia-telangiectasia-mutated, a member of the ..
- Ku proteins interact with activator protein-2 transcription factors and contribute to ERBB2 overexpression in breast cancer cell linesGregory Nolens
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, GIGA Cancer, University of Liege, B34, Avenue de l Hopital, Liege, 4000, Belgium
Breast Cancer Res 11:R83. 2009..In order to understand the mechanism by which the ERBB2 gene is overexpressed we searched for novel AP-2 interacting factors that contribute to its activity...
- Bcr-Abl-independent imatinib-resistant K562 cells show aberrant protein acetylation and increased sensitivity to histone deacetylase inhibitorsSang Min Lee
Department of Biochemistry, Research Center for Ischemic Tissue Regeneration, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan 602 739, South Korea
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:1084-92. 2007..resistance mechanism in these variants also included aberrant acetylation of nonhistone proteins such as p53, Ku70, and Hsp90 that was due to upregulation of histone deacetylases (HDACs) and down-regulation of histone ..
- The DNA-dependent protein kinase interacts with DNA to form a protein-DNA complex that is disrupted by phosphorylationDennis Merkle
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, 3300 Hospital Drive, Calgary AB, T2N 4N1, Canada
Biochemistry 41:12706-14. 2002..DNA-PK is composed of a large catalytic subunit, DNA-PKcs, and a heterodimer of Ku70 and Ku80 subunits...
- Regulation of telomere length by fatty acid elongase 3 in yeast. Involvement of inositol phosphate metabolism and Ku70/80 functionSuriyan Ponnusamy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 283:27514-24. 2008....
- Alternative end-joining catalyzes robust IgH locus deletions and translocations in the combined absence of ligase 4 and Ku70Cristian Boboila
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:3034-9. 2010..In normal cells, many CSR junctions are mediated by classical nonhomologous end-joining (C-NHEJ), which employs the Ku70/80 complex for DSB recognition and XRCC4/DNA ligase 4 for ligation...
- Enhanced gene targeting frequency in ku70 and ku80 disruption mutants of Aspergillus sojae and Aspergillus oryzaeTadashi Takahashi
Noda Institute for Scientific Research, 399 Noda, 278 0037, Noda City, Chiba, Japan
Mol Genet Genomics 275:460-70. 2006..that DNA integration occurs predominantly through a nonhomologous end joining pathway where two ku genes, namely, ku70 and ku80, play a key role...
- Modulation of Ku70/80, clusterin/ApoJ isoforms and Bax expression in indocyanine-green-mediated photo-oxidative cell damageFederico Ricci
Section of Ophthalmology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Ophthalmic Res 39:164-73. 2007..Cell viability and death induction were examined, as well as the modulation of proteins involved in cell death and DNA repair...
- Alternative pathways for the repair of RAG-induced DNA breaksDavid M Weinstock
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:131-9. 2006..As expected, V(D)J recombination was substantially impaired in cells deficient for the NHEJ components Ku70, XRCC4, and DNA-PKcs...
- Mitomycin C modulates DNA-double strand break repair genes in cervical carcinoma cellsYun Hee Kang
Laboratory of Cell and Immuno biochemistry, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Bio Molecular Informatics Center, Konkuk University, Hwayang Dong 1, Gwangjin gu, Seoul, 143 701, South Korea
Amino Acids 39:1291-8. 2010..Three spots have not been identified in the database. Ku70-binding protein (KUB3), MHC class I antigen, MHC class I chain-related protein A or multi-PDZ domain protein 1, ..
- The Drosophila melanogaster DmRAD54 gene plays a crucial role in double-strand break repair after P-element excision and acts synergistically with Ku70 in the repair of X-ray damageR Kooistra
Department of Radiation Genetics and Chemical Mutagenesis, MGC, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 19:6269-75. 1999..P-element excision involves the formation of two DSBs which have identical 3' overhangs of 17 nucleotides. The crucial role of homologous recombination in the repair of these DSBs may be related to the very specific nature of the breaks...
- A role for endogenous and radiation-induced DNA double-strand breaks in p53-dependent apoptosis during cortical neurogenesisHongzhe Li
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Radiat Res 169:513-22. 2008..the neural developmental effects of acute radiation exposure in mouse littermate embryos harboring mutations in the Ku70 and p53 genes...
- 53BP1 contributes to survival of cells irradiated with X-ray during G1 without Ku70 or ArtemisKuniyoshi Iwabuchi
Department of Biochemistry, Kanazawa Medical University, Daigaku 1 1, Uchinada, Kahoku gun, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
Genes Cells 11:935-48. 2006..These results demonstrate that the 53BP1-dependent repair pathway is important for survival of cells irradiated with IR during the G1 phase of the cell cycle...
- Ku80 participates in the targeting of retroviral transgenes to the chromatin of CHO cellsChristel Masson
LBPA, CNRS, E N S Cachan, 61 Avenue du President Wilson, 94235 Cachan, France
J Virol 81:7924-32. 2007The heterodimer Ku70/80 Ku is the DNA-binding component of the DNA-PK complex required for the nonhomologous end-joining pathway...
- Differential regulation of Ku gene expression in etiolated mung bean hypocotyls by auxinsPei Feng Liu
Department of Life Sciences and Institute of Bioinformatics and Structural Biology, National Tsing Hua University, Hsin Chu, Taiwan 30043, Republic of China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1769:443-54. 2007..In this study, the cDNAs encoding Ku70 (VrKu70) and Ku80 (VrKu80) were isolated from mung bean (Vigna radiata L.) hypocotyls...
- A highly efficient gene-targeting system for Aspergillus parasiticusP K Chang
Southern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
Lett Appl Microbiol 46:587-92. 2008..To establish a system that greatly increases the gene-targeting frequency in Aspergillus parasiticus...
- Defective DNA strand break repair causes chromosomal instability and accelerates liver carcinogenesis in miceNarci C Teoh
Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, Australia
Hepatology 47:2078-88. 2008..We tested whether a defect in the nonhomologous end-joining (NHEJ) DNA repair gene Ku70 was associated with chromosomal abnormalities and enhanced liver carcinogenesis...
- Cell-penetrating penta-peptides and Bax-inhibiting peptides: protocol for their applicationJose Gomez
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Methods Mol Biol 683:465-71. 2011..penta-peptides (CPP5s) were discovered as cytoprotective penta-peptides designed from the Bax-inhibiting domain of Ku70. Bax is an inducer of programmed cell death, and Ku70 is a multifunctional protein maintaining genomic stability ..
- Interaction of a cyclin E fragment with Ku70 regulates Bax-mediated apoptosisSuparna Mazumder
Department of Cancer Biology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3511-20. 2007..Here we identify Ku70 as a specific p18-cyclin E-interacting partner...
- In prostate cancer cells the interaction of C/EBPalpha with Ku70, Ku80, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 increases sensitivity to DNA damageHong Yin
Feist Weiller Cancer Center and Department of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
J Biol Chem 281:11496-505. 2006..b>Ku70, Ku80, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP-1) were identified as proteins that associated with C/EBPalpha...
- Effects of HDF1 (Ku70) and HDF2 (Ku80) on spontaneous and DNA damage-induced intrachromosomal recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeT Cervelli
Genetica e Biochimica Tossicologica, Istituto di Mutagenesi e Differenziamento CNR, Pisa, Italy
Mol Gen Genet 264:56-63. 2000..HDF1 and HDF2, which have been identified in Saccharomyces cerevisiae as homologues of the Ku70 and Ku80 proteins of mammals, reduce radiosensitivity only when homologous recombination repair is impaired and, ..
- The non-homologous end-joining pathway is not involved in the radiosensitization of mammalian cells by heat shockJoseph R Dynlacht
Department of Radiation Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Cell Physiol 196:557-64. 2003..Several reports indicate that the Ku70 and Ku80 subunits of the mammalian DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PK), a complex involved in NHEJ, appear to be ..
- Ku70, an essential gene, modulates the frequency of rAAV-mediated gene targeting in human somatic cellsFarjana J Fattah
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8703-8. 2008..In this work, we attempted to generate Ku70-null human somatic cells by using a rAAV-based gene knockout strategy...
- Histone-deacetylase inhibitors may accelerate the aging process in stem cell-dependent mammals: stem cells, Ku70, and Drosophila at the crossroadsPatrick C Tapia
University of Alabama School of Medicine, 1530 3rd Avenue South, FOT 1203, 1670 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294 3412, United States
Med Hypotheses 66:332-6. 2006....
- Enhancement of extra chromosomal recombination in somatic cells by affecting the ratio of homologous recombination (HR) to non-homologous end joining (NHEJ)Gretchen M Zaunbrecher
Department of Veterinary Anatomy and Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
Anim Biotechnol 19:6-21. 2008..recombination system was used to study the effects of the manipulation of molecules involved in NHEJ (Mre11, Ku70/80, and p53) on HR/NHEJ ratios...
- Expression analysis of proteins involved in the non homologous end joining DNA repair mechanism, in the bone marrow of adult de novo myelodysplastic syndromesPanagiota Economopoulou
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Propaedeutic, University of Athens, Medical School, University General Hospital Attikon, 12 462 Haidari, Greece
Ann Hematol 89:233-9. 2010..which are mainly repaired by Non Homologous End Joining Mechanism (NHEJ), whose core enzyme components include the Ku70/Ku80 heterodimer, DNA-PKcs, XRCC4 and DNA Ligase IV...
- The DNA-PK catalytic subunit regulates Bax-mediated excitotoxic cell death by Ku70 phosphorylationJia Liu
Program in Neuroscience and Behavior, Department of Biology, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT 06459 0170, USA
Brain Res 1296:164-75. 2009..We compared DNA damage, Ku70-Bax interaction, and Bax-dependent excitotoxic cell death in kainic acid-treated primary cortical neurons derived ..
- Identification of in vitro and in vivo phosphorylation sites in the catalytic subunit of the DNA-dependent protein kinasePauline Douglas
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive, Calgary, AB, T2N 4N1, Canada
Biochem J 368:243-51. 2002..DNA-PK is composed of a large catalytic subunit (DNA-PKcs) and a heterodimer of Ku70 and Ku80 that assemble on the ends of double-stranded DNA to form an active serine/threonine protein kinase complex...
- Cell polarity protein Par3 complexes with DNA-PK via Ku70 and regulates DNA double-strand break repairLonghou Fang
Key Laboratory of Proteomics and Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Cell Res 17:100-16. 2007..Herein we report the identification of Ku70 and Ku80 as novel Par3-interacting proteins through an in vitro binding assay followed by liquid chromatography-..
- WRN counteracts the NHEJ pathway upon camptothecin exposureMakoto Otsuki
Molecular Cell Biology Laboratory, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba 6 3, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 355:477-82. 2007We investigated the function of the interaction between WRN (Werner syndrome gene product) and Ku70 and between WRN and DNA-PKcs, which are components of the DNA-PKcs/Ku70/Ku80 complex, by generating KU70(-/-)/WRN(-/-) and DNA-PKcs(-/-/-)/..
- Regulation of nuclear positioning and dynamics of the silent mating type loci by the yeast Ku70/Ku80 complexKerstin Bystricky
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, Bâtiment IBCG, Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Mol Cell Biol 29:835-48. 2009..However, HMLalpha, unlike HMRa and most telomeres, shows increased NE association in a strain lacking yeast Ku70 (yKu70)...
- DNA-dependent conformational changes in the Ku heterodimerJason A Lehman
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio 45435, USA
Biochemistry 47:4359-68. 2008..Biotinylation of free Ku revealed several reactive lysines on Ku70 and Ku80 which were reduced or eliminated upon DNA binding...
- Role of histone deacetylase inhibitor-induced reactive oxygen species and DNA damage in LAQ-824/fludarabine antileukemic interactionsRoberto R Rosato
Department of Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3285-97. 2008..g., down-regulation of Ku86 and Rad50, increased Ku70 acetylation, diminished Ku70 and Ku86 DNA-binding activity, and down-regulated DNA repair genes BRCA1, CHEK1, and ..
- Increased gene targeting in Ku70 and Xrcc4 transiently deficient human somatic cellsLuciana R Bertolini
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Mol Biotechnol 41:106-14. 2009..Here we demonstrate that the transient knockdown of integral NHEJ proteins, Ku70 and Xrcc4, by RNAi in human HCT116 cells has a remarkable effect on gene targeting/random insertions ratios...
- Ataxia-telangiectasia-mutated-dependent activation of Ku in human fibroblasts exposed to hydrogen peroxideJong Hwa Lee
Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Human Ecology, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Korea
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1091:76-82. 2006..Upon DNA damage, the DNA repair protein Ku70/80 translocates into the nucleus, which may be mediated by ATM...
- Expanding the ku70 toolbox for filamentous fungi: establishment of complementation vectors and recipient strains for advanced gene analysesNeuza D S P Carvalho
Department Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, Institute of Biology Leiden, Leiden University, Sylviusweg 72, 2333 BE Leiden, The Netherlands
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:1463-73. 2010..For example, deletion of the ku70 homologous gene kusA in Aspergillus niger resulted in a recipient strain in which deletions of essential or non-..
- Terminal deoxynucleotidyltransferase forms a ternary complex with a novel chromatin remodeling protein with 82 kDa and core histoneKiyoko Fujita
Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Applied Biological Science, Tokyo University of Science, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Genes Cells 8:559-71. 2003..TdT synthesizes the N region in concert with many proteins including DNA-PKcs, Ku70 and Ku86...
- Protective effect of lycopene on oxidative stress-induced cell death of pancreatic acinar cellsJeong Yeon Seo
Department of Food and Nutrition, Brain Korea 21 Project, Yonsei University College of Human Ecology, Seoul, Korea
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1171:570-5. 2009..we showed that the underlying mechanism of oxidative stress-induced apoptosis is nuclear loss of DNA repair protein Ku70 and Ku80, which are involved in the DNA repair process of double-strand breaks...
- Ku70 or Ku80 deficiencies in the fungus Botrytis cinerea facilitate targeting of genes that are hard to knock out in a wild-type contextMathias Choquer
UMR1290 BIOGER CPP, INRA AgroParisTech, Versailles, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 289:225-32. 2008..Ku deficiencies in B. cinerea did not disturb in vitro or in planta growth, but clearly improved HR efficiency for the putative sesquiterpene cyclase-encoding gene Cnd15, which was hard to knock out in a wild-type strain...
- The involvement of key DNA repair pathways in the formation of chromosome rearrangements in embryonic stem cellsCarol Griffin
Medical Research Council, Radiation and Genome Stability Unit, Harwell, Oxfordshire OX11 0RD, England, UK
DNA Repair (Amst) 4:1019-27. 2005..We chose cells deficient in Ku70 (DNA end joining), Xrcc2 (gene conversion), Ercc1 (single-strand annealing) and Csb (transcription-coupled repair) ..
- Regulation of homologous integration in yeast by the DNA repair proteins Ku70 and RecQYoshimasa Yamana
Department of Biological Functions and Engineering, Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 2 4 Hibikino, Wakamatsu ku, Kitakyushu, 808 0196, Japan
Mol Genet Genomics 273:167-76. 2005..cerevisiae homologue of the human DNA helicase Ku70. In a yku70 mutant background, sgs1 mutations increased sensitivity to DNA breakage induced either by treatment ..
- Ku protein and DNA strand breaks in lip glands of normal and primary Sjögren's syndrome subjects: lack of correlation with apoptosis- Larsson A
Department of of Oral Pathology, Centre for Oral Health Sciences, Malmo University, Sweden
Scand J Immunol 54:328-34. 2001..The aim was to examine tissue expression of Ku protein in lower lip salivary gland (LSG) biopsies from cases of primary Sjögren's syndrome (SS) and from normal subjects...
- Artemis-independent functions of DNA-dependent protein kinase in Ig heavy chain class switch recombination and developmentSean Rooney
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children s Hospital, CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:2471-5. 2005..In NHEJ, DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PK), which is comprised of the Ku70/80 end-binding heterodimer and the catalytic subunit (DNA-PKcs), activates Artemis to generate a nuclease that ..
- Severe hypoxia induces chemo-resistance in clinical cervical tumors through MVP over-expressionPedro C Lara
Radiation Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario de Gran Canaria Dr, Negrin, Spain
Radiat Oncol 4:29. 2009..Hypoxia may inhibit the non-homologous end-joining DNA repair through down regulating Ku70/80 expression...
- Large-scale identification of c-MYC-associated proteins using a combined TAP/MudPIT approachHeike B Koch
Molecular Oncology, Independent Max Planck Research Group, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Cell Cycle 6:205-17. 2007..Among them were 17 previously known c-MYC-interactors. Selected new c-MYC-associated proteins (DBC-1, FBX29, KU70, MCM7, Mi2-beta/CHD4, RNA Pol II, RFC2, RFC3, SV40 Large T Antigen, TCP1alpha, U5-116kD, ZNF281) were confirmed ..
- Up-regulation of DNA-dependent protein kinase correlates with radiation resistance in oral squamous cell carcinomaSatoru Shintani
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shigenobu cho, Onsen gun, Ehime, 791 0295, Japan
Cancer Sci 94:894-900. 2003..protein with serine/threonine kinase activity and forms a complex consisting of the DNA-PKcs and a heterodimer of Ku70 and Ku80 proteins...
- The Ku80 carboxy terminus stimulates joining and artemis-mediated processing of DNA endsEric Weterings
Division of Molecular Radiation Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9187, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:1134-42. 2009..NHEJ requires binding of the Ku70-Ku80 heterodimer (Ku70/80) to the DNA ends and subsequent recruitment of the DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic ..
- Generation of large chromosomal deletions in koji molds Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus sojae via a loop-out recombinationTadashi Takahashi
Noda Institute for Scientific Research, 399 Noda, Noda City, Chiba 278 0037, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:7684-93. 2008..sojae by using a ku70-deficient strain and a bidirectional marker. The approach allowed deletion of 200-kb and 100-kb sections of A...
- Tumor cell kill by c-MYC depletion: role of MYC-regulated genes that control DNA double-strand break repairKaisa R Luoto
Campbell Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Toronto, Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 70:8748-59. 2010..several DSB repair gene promoters including Rad51, Rad51B, Rad51C, XRCC2, Rad50, BRCA1, BRCA2, DNA-PKcs, XRCC4, Ku70, and DNA ligase IV...
- The relationship between the down-regulation of DNA-PKcs or Ku70 and the chemosensitization in human cervical carcinoma cell line HeLaXiaoyu Tian
Cancer Biology Research Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical School, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hubei 430030, P R China
Oncol Rep 18:927-32. 2007..Plasmid vectors pSIREN-Ku70shRNA and pSIREN-DNA-PKcssh-RNA, which coded small interfering RNA of Ku70 and DNA-PKcs, were constructed and transfected into human cervical cancer cell line HeLa...
- Polymorphisms in nonhomologous end-joining genes associated with breast cancer risk and chromosomal radiosensitivityPetra Willems
Department of Anatomy, Embryology, Histology and Medical Physics, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:137-48. 2008..The HV genotype of c.1781G>T (XRCC6Ku70) [corrected] on the contrary, seems to protect against breast cancer and ionizing radiation induced micronuclei...
- Interleukin-6 affects cell death escaping mechanisms acting on Bax-Ku70-Clusterin interactions in human colon cancer progressionSabina Pucci
Department of Biopathology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Cell Cycle 8:473-81. 2009..the expression and the molecular interactions among the pro-apoptotic factor Bax, the DNA repair proteins Ku70/86 and Clusterin isoforms...
- Telomere dynamics and fusion of critically shortened telomeres in plants lacking DNA ligase IVMichelle L Heacock
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University 2128 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843 2128, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:6490-500. 2007..shortened telomeres in Arabidopsis proceeds with approximately the same efficiency in the presence or absence of KU70, a key component of NHEJ. Here we report that DNA ligase IV (LIG4) is also not essential for telomere joining...
- Ku antigen interacts with abasic sitesEkaterina S Ilina
Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Prospect Lavrentieva 8, 630090, Novosibirsk, Russia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:1777-85. 2008..Ku antigen as a part of DNA-PK was shown to inhibit AP site cleavage by apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1...
- Dynamic binding of Ku80, Ku70 and NF90 to the IL-2 promoter in vivo in activated T-cellsLingfang Shi
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305 5236, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:2302-10. 2007..ARRE DNA-binding subunits were identified as NF90, NF45 and systemic lupus erythematosis autoantigens, Ku80 and Ku70. Monoclonal antibodies to Ku80, Ku70 and NF90 specifically inhibit constitutive and inducible ARRE DNA-binding ..
- Distinct faces of the Ku heterodimer mediate DNA repair and telomeric functionsAlbert Ribes-Zamora
Department of Pediatrics, Hematology Oncology Section, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, BCM225, Houston, Texas 77030 3411, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:301-7. 2007The Ku heterodimer, comprised of Ku70 and Ku80 subunits, is a conserved complex involved in nonhomologous end-joining (NHEJ)...
- DNA-Dependent protein kinase is not required for efficient lentivirus integrationV Baekelandt
Laboratory for Experimental Neurosurgery and Neuroanatomy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Virol 74:11278-85. 2000..However, no inhibition of lentivirus vector-mediated transduction or HIV-1 replication by 3-methoxybenzamide, a known PARP inhibitor, was observed. In conclusion, DNA-PK and PARP are not essential for lentivirus integration...
- Binding of inositol hexakisphosphate (IP6) to Ku but not to DNA-PKcsYunmei Ma
Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Pathology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90089 9176, USA
J Biol Chem 277:10756-9. 2002..Furthermore, the binding of DNA ends and IP(6) to Ku are independent of each other. The possible relationship between inositol phosphate metabolism and DNA repair is discussed in light of these findings...
- Lentivirus-mediated RNA interference of Ku70 to enhance radiosensitivity of human mammary epithelial cellsVeerle Vandersickel
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Ghent University, B 9000Gent, Belgium
Int J Radiat Biol 86:114-24. 2010To investigate the radiosensitising effect of Ku autoantigen 70 (Ku70) and Ku autoantigen 80 (Ku80) knockdown by lentivirus-mediated RNA interference (RNAi) in the MCF10A immortalised human mammary epithelial cell line.
- Hypertonic treatment inhibits radiation-induced nuclear translocation of the Ku proteins G22p1 (Ku70) and Xrcc5 (Ku80) in rat fibroblastsD Endoh
Department of Veterinary Radiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu 069 8501, Japan Hokkaido Institute of Public Health, Sapporo 060 0819, Japan
Radiat Res 155:320-7. 2001..5 M NaCl on the subcellular localization of the Ku proteins G22p1 (also known as Ku70) and Xrcc5 (also known as Ku80) in rat fibroblasts with normal radiosensitivity were examined ..
- Radiation-induced survivin nuclear accumulation is linked to DNA damage repairGianni Capalbo
Departments of Radiation Therapy and Oncology, University of Frankfurt Main, Frankfurt, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:226-34. 2010..In this study, we aimed to elucidate an interrelationship between survivin's cellular localization and DNA double-strand break repair...
- Radioresistant cervical cancer shows upregulation of the NHEJ proteins DNA-PKcs, Ku70 and Ku86C Beskow
Department of Gynaecologic Oncology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm SE 171 76, Sweden
Br J Cancer 101:816-21. 2009..The non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) proteins DNA-PKcs, Ku70 and Ku86 have a major role in repairing DNA lesions...
- Ku70 corrupts DNA repair in the absence of the Fanconi anemia pathwayPaul Pace
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Science 329:219-23. 2010..We found a genetic interaction between the FA gene FANCC and the nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ) factor Ku70. Disruption of both FANCC and Ku70 suppresses sensitivity to cross-linking agents, diminishes chromosome breaks, ..
- Productive and nonproductive complexes of Ku and DNA-dependent protein kinase at DNA terminiR B West
Departments of Pathology and of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:5908-20. 1998..Both the productive and nonproductive configurations are likely to be of physiologic importance, depending on the distance of the dsDNA break site to other protein complexes, such as nucleosomes...
- High RAD51 mRNA expression characterize estrogen receptor-positive/progesteron receptor-negative breast cancer and is associated with patient's outcomeRaffaela Barbano
Laboratory of Oncology, Research Department, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Foggia, Italy
Int J Cancer 129:536-45. 2011..b>G22P1/ku70, ATR and RAD51 genes were differentially expressed in the three branches recognized by clustering analysis...
- HYPERTHERMIA AND THE FUNCTIONS OF HSP70Gloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2000Ku autoantigen is a DNA binding protein consisting of 7O-kDa (Ku70) and 86-kDa (Ku80) subunits. Recent data have implicated Ku80 in the repair of DNA double strand breaks, and Ku70 in the suppression of heat-induced hsp70 expression...
- Role of the Werner syndrome protein complex in the metabolism of chromosome endsLucio Comai; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our biochemical studies have shown that WRN operates as a functional unit with the Ku70/80 heterodimer and have further demonstrated that loss of WRN function causes the production of telomeric circles ..
- DNA PK IN RADIATION DAMAGE REPAIR AND LYMPHOMAGENESISGloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..of a 465-kDA catalytic subunit, DNA-PKcs, and a 70 kDA and an 86-kDa heterodimeric DNA-targeting component, Ku70 and Ku80...
- Cdk-2 Independent role of cyclin E in Cell survivalALEXANDRU ALMASAN ALMASAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our hypothesis, supported by preliminary data, is that CycE function is mediated by its interaction with Ku70, which we have identified as a novel p18CycE-binding partner...
- Cdk-2 Independent role of cyclin E in Cell survivalALEXANDRU ALMASAN ALMASAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our hypothesis, supported by preliminary data, is that CycE function is mediated by its interaction with Ku70, which we have identified as a novel p18CycE-binding partner...
- The Roles of Conserved outer-membrane proteins in SFG rickettsia pathogenesisJuan J Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have identified the first rickettsial protein-host cell receptor pair (rOmpB-Ku70) that plays an important role in the establishment of a successful infection within target human cells...
- DNA STRAND BREAKS AND THE GENETIC BASIS OF LYMPHOMASGilbert Chu; Fiscal Year: 2001..DSB repair requires four genes: XRCC4, XRCC5 (Ku86), XRCC6 (Ku70), and XRCC7 (DNA-PKcs, the catalytic subunit of DNA-dependent protein kinase), the latter of which is mutated in ..
- Mechanism of Activation of Innate Immunity by ISS-DNAWen Ming Chu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, we will investigate if the regulatory subunits of DNA-PK, Ku70 and Ku80, and their associated factors are required for the innate response to ISS-DNA...
- HYPERTHERMIA AND THE FUNCTION OF HSP70Gloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will test a hypothesis, inferred from our preliminary studies, that Ku70 overexpression leads to hypermethylation of CpGs within the hsp70 promoter, and that this hypermethylation in turn ..
- HYPERTHERMIA AND THE FUNCTION OF HSP70Gloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..which Ku suppresses heat-induction of hsp70 We will test a hypothesis, inferred from our preliminary studies, that Ku70 overexpression leads to hyper- methylation of CpGs within the hsp70 promoter, and that this hypermethylation in ..
- HYPERTHERMIA AND THE FUNCTION OF HSP70Gloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will test a hypothesis, inferred from our preliminary studies, that Ku70 overexpression leads to hypermethylation of CpGs within the hsp70 promoter, and that this hypermethylation in turn ..
- ROLE OF DNA DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASE IN DNA REPAIRPaul Labhart; Fiscal Year: 2002..encoding the three components of the DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PKcs), the 470-kD catalytic subunit and the Ku70/80 heterodimer...
- TOPOISOMERASE DRUG ACTIONS AT NUCLEAR MATRIX DNA DOMAINDaniel Fernandes; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additional experiments are designed to quantitate the degrees of drug-induced RPA32 hyperphosphorylation and Ku70-DNA-Pkcs binding to replicating and nonreplicating DNA...
- Enhanced homologous recombination in Toxoplasma gondiiDAVID BZIK; Fiscal Year: 2007..gondii gene homologs corresponding to KU70 and KU80. We predict that KU70 as well as KU80 knockouts in T...
- Ku70 Binding Protein-5 (KUB5), a Novel Factor in Nonhomologous End JoiningDavid A Boothman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using yeast two hybrid analyses, we identified Ku70 binding protein #5 [(Kub5)/Hera], a highly conserved human homolog of yeast rtt103 that terminates RNA ..
- ATP-Ubiquitin Dependent ProteolysisArthur L Haas; Fiscal Year: 2010..model for polyubiquitin chain formation by Mdm2, and examine the in vitro conjugating activity of MdmX with Ku70 and Ku80, bona fide substrates of this ligase...
- ATP-Ubiquitin Dependent ProteolysisArthur L Haas; Fiscal Year: 2011..model for polyubiquitin chain formation by Mdm2, and examine the in vitro conjugating activity of MdmX with Ku70 and Ku80, bona fide substrates of this ligase...
- Capillary DNA Sequencer/Genetic AnalyzerLESTER CASHDOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..and Characterization of Human Homologs of Murine Histocompatibility Antigens, H60, H4, and H71; New Function of KU70 in Apoptosis Regulation; Role of PLCy1 in B Cell Development and Function...
- KU, TELOMERE MAINTENANCE AND CELLULAR SENESCENCEDavid Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004The goal of this proposal is to study the Ku heterodimer's (Ku70/80) role in telomere maintenance and cellular senescence in mammals...
- CryoEM Structural Studies of DNA-PKcs and Nonhomologous End Joining ComplexesPhoebe L Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Ku70/80 heterodimer is the first protein to recognize and bind DNA ends at double strand breaks and recruits DNA-PKcs to ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMANelson Fausto; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have shown that the lack of the Ku70 component of NHEJ repair pathway accelerates HCC development in mice injected with diethylnitrosamine (DEN), and ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMANelson Fausto; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have shown that the lack of the Ku70 component of NHEJ repair pathway accelerates HCC development in mice injected with diethylnitrosamine (DEN), and ..
- HOXBOXES, HOMEODOMAINS, AND OSTEOBLAST GENE EXPRESSIONDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2007..osteopontin). Specific aims are: Aim1: To identify the molecular interactions between Msx2, Runx2, and Ku70 that control calvarial osteoblast gene expression, using the OC promoter as a model for study...
- PATHOGENESIS OF HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMANelson Fausto; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have shown that the lack of the Ku70 component of NHEJ repair pathway accelerates HCC development in mice injected with diethylnitrosamine (DEN), and ..
- Mechansim of activation of innate immunity by ISS-DNAWen Ming Chu; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, recent discoveries demonstrate that Ku70 is a mammalian receptor for Rickettsia conorii, and HMGB1 acts as a crucial cytokine that mediates the response to ..
- THE ROLE OF HISTONE H4 IN GENOME STABILITYM Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..hypersensitivity to the radiomimetic drug camptothecin to screen for interacting genes, and we will purify yeast Ku70-associated proteins directly to identify new components of the H4-dependent repair pathway...
- In Vivo Image Guidance for Gene-Radiation TherapyGloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..The tumor's response to radiation will then be evaluated. In pilot studies, we have shown that antisense Ku70 or a dominant negative Ku70 fragment significantly radiosensitizes hypoxic tumor cells in vitro and in vivo, and ..