Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KRT8
Description: keratin 8
Alias: CARD2, CK-8, CK8, CYK8, K2C8, cytokeratin 8, cytokeratin-8, keratin, type II cytoskeletal 8, type-II keratin Kb8
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- The catalog of human cytokeratins: patterns of expression in normal epithelia, tumors and cultured cellsR Moll
Cell 31:11-24. 1982
- Implications of cytokeratin 8/18 filament formation in stratified epithelial cells: induction of transformed phenotypeUjwala Raul
Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Centre, Cancer Research Institute, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India
Int J Cancer 111:662-8. 2004..human foetal buccal mucosa (FBM) cell line that expresses significantly higher amounts of CK18 compared to CK8. FBM cells were transfected with the full-length CK8 gene to study the role of CKs 8 and 18 in malignant ..
- Keratin variants predispose to acute liver failure and adverse outcome: race and ethnic associationsPavel Strnad
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Medical Center Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Gastroenterology 139:828-35, 835.e1-3. 2010..However, K8/K18 variant-associated susceptibility to acute liver injury, which is well-described in animal models, has not been studied in humans...
- Phosphorylation of human keratin 8 in vivo at conserved head domain serine 23 and at epidermal growth factor-stimulated tail domain serine 431N O Ku
Department of Medicine, Veterans Administration Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 272:7556-64. 1997..Furthermore, K8 Ser-431 phosphorylation occurs after EGF stimulation and during mitotic arrest and is likely to be mediated by mitogen-activated protein and cdc2 kinases, respectively...
- Keratin variants are overrepresented in primary biliary cirrhosis and associate with disease severityBihui Zhong
Division of Gastroenterology, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, China
Hepatology 50:546-54. 2009..Notably, keratin variants associated with disease severity (12.4% variants in Ludwig stage III/IV versus 4.2% in stages I/II; P < 0.04, odds ratio = 3.25, 95% confidence interval = 1.02-10.40), but not with the presence of AMA...
- Keratin 8 Y54H and G62C mutations are not associated with inflammatory bowel diseaseC Buning
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite, Campus Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Dig Liver Dis 36:388-91. 2004..Keratin 8 deficient mice display signs of colitis and diarrhoea characteristic for inflammatory bowel disease. Very recently, two keratin 8 mutations, Y54H and G62C, were identified...
- Non-coding keratin variants associate with liver fibrosis progression in patients with hemochromatosisPavel Strnad
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Medical Center Ulm, Ulm, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e32669. 2012..Given the association of K8/K18 variants with end-stage liver disease and progression in several chronic liver disorders, we studied the importance of keratin variants in patients with hemochromatosis...
- Keratin 8 sequence variants in patients with pancreatitis and pancreatic cancerMatthias Treiber
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 84:1015-22. 2006Keratin 8 (KRT8) is one of the major intermediate filament proteins expressed in single-layered epithelia of the gastrointestinal tract...
- Down-modulation of keratin 8 phosphorylation levels by PRL-3 contributes to colorectal carcinoma progressionEri Mizuuchi
Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Int J Cancer 124:1802-10. 2009..in wild type and C104S mutant PRL-3-transfected SW480 cells; the cytoskeletal intermediate filament keratin 8 (KRT8) was identified as a physiological PRL-3-interacting protein...
- Keratin 8 Y54H and G62C mutations are not associated with liver diseaseJ Halangk
J Med Genet 41:e92. 2004
- APE1/Ref-1 interacts with NPM1 within nucleoli and plays a role in the rRNA quality control processCarlo Vascotto
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Udine, P le Kolbe 4, 33100 Udine, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 29:1834-54. 2009..Our data demonstrate that APE1 affects cell growth by directly acting on RNA quality control mechanisms, thus affecting gene expression through posttranscriptional mechanisms...
- Keratin hypersumoylation alters filament dynamics and is a marker for human liver disease and keratin mutationNatasha T Snider
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5622, USA
J Biol Chem 286:2273-84. 2011..Hence, conformational changes induced by keratin natural mutations and extensive tissue injury result in K8/K18/K19 hypersumoylation, which retains keratins in an insoluble compartment, thereby limiting their cytoprotective function...
- Keratin 8 modulation of desmoplakin deposition at desmosomes in hepatocytesAnne Loranger
Centre de Recherche en Cancerologie, QC, Canada G1R 2J6
Exp Cell Res 312:4108-19. 2006..Together, the data indicate that a proper alignment/deposition of desmoplakin with keratins and desmoglein in hepatocytes requires keratin 8, through a reciprocal phosphoserine-dependent process...
- Keratins as susceptibility genes for end-stage liver diseaseNam On Ku
Department of Medicine, Palo Alto VA Medical Center, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Gastroenterology 129:885-93. 2005..Keratin 8 and 18 variants in 17 of 467 liver disease explants and 2 of 349 blood bank controls were previously reported in 5 analyzed exonic regions. We asked whether mutations were present in the remaining 10 exons of keratins 8 and 18...
- Epidermal abnormalities and increased malignancy of skin tumors in human epidermal keratin 8-expressing transgenic miceM Llanos Casanova
Epithelial Damage, Repair and Tissue Engineering, CIEMAT, Avenida Complutense 22, 28040 Madrid, Spain
FASEB J 18:1556-8. 2004....
- Global proteomic approach unmasks involvement of keratins 8 and 18 in the delivery of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)/deltaF508-CFTR to the plasma membraneNoélie Davezac
INSERM U467, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Proteomics 4:3833-44. 2004..A functional assay for CFTR revealed that specifically lowering K18 expression or changing its distribution leads to the delivery of functional deltaF508-CFTR to the plasma membrane. This work suggests a novel function of K18 in CF...
- Raf-1 activation disrupts its binding to keratins during cell stressNam On Ku
Department of Medicine, VA Palo Alto Medical Center, 3801 Miranda Ave, 154J, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Cell Biol 166:479-85. 2004..Keratin-bound Raf kinase is released upon Raf hyperphosphorylation and activation during oxidative and other stresses...
- Stress, apoptosis, and mitosis induce phosphorylation of human keratin 8 at Ser-73 in tissues and cultured cellsJ Liao
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17565-73. 1997..The low steady state levels of HK8 during mitosis, in contrast to stress and apoptosis, suggest that accumulation of HK8 may represent a physiologic stress marker for simple epithelia...
- eIF3k regulates apoptosis in epithelial cells by releasing caspase 3 from keratin-containing inclusionsYu Min Lin
Institute of Biochemical Sciences, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
J Cell Sci 121:2382-93. 2008....
- Keratin 8 and 18 hyperphosphorylation is a marker of progression of human liver diseaseDiana M Toivola
Department of Medicine, Palo Alto VA Medical Center, Stanford University School of Medicine Digestive Disease Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Hepatology 40:459-66. 2004..In conclusion, site-specific keratin phosphorylation in liver disease is a progression marker when increased and a likely regression marker when decreased...
- A disease- and phosphorylation-related nonmechanical function for keratin 8Nam On Ku
Department of Medicine, Palo Alto VA Medical Center and Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Cell Biol 174:115-25. 2006....
- Identification of Mrj, a DnaJ/Hsp40 family protein, as a keratin 8/18 filament regulatory proteinI Izawa
Division of Biochemistry, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8681, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:34521-7. 2000..Taken together, these results suggest that Mrj may play an important role in the regulation of K8/18 filament organization as a K18-specific co-chaperone working together with Hsp/c70...
- Keratin 8 phosphorylation by p38 kinase regulates cellular keratin filament reorganization: modulation by a keratin 1-like disease causing mutationNam On Ku
Department of Medicine, and Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 277:10775-82. 2002..Also, disease-causing keratin mutations can modulate keratin phosphorylation and organization, which may affect disease pathogenesis...
- Keratin attenuates tumor necrosis factor-induced cytotoxicity through association with TRADDH Inada
Division of Biochemistry, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Aichi 464 8681, Japan
J Cell Biol 155:415-26. 2001..These results indicate that K18 may sequester TRADD to attenuate interactions between TRADD and activated TNFR1 and moderate TNF-induced apoptosis in simple epithelial cells...
- Negative regulation of the expressions of cytokeratins 8 and 19 by SLUG repressor protein in human breast cellsManish Kumar Tripathi
Division of Cancer Biology, Department of Basic Sciences, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 329:508-15. 2005..Inducible expression of SLUG in MDA-MB-468 cells inhibited the expressions of the cytokeratin 8 and 19 but not others as was revealed by microarray analysis...
- The intermediate filament protein keratin 8 is a novel cytoplasmic substrate for c-Jun N-terminal kinaseTao He
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, the Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy, Abo Akademi University, FIN 20521, Turku, Finland
J Biol Chem 277:10767-74. 2002..Taken together, K8 is a new cytoplasmic target for JNK in Fas receptor-mediated signaling. The functional significance of this phosphorylation could relate to regulation of JNK signaling and/or regulation of keratin dynamics...
- Keratin 8 mutations in patients with cryptogenic liver diseaseN O Ku
Gastroenterology Section, Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Stanford University School of Medicine, Calif 94304, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1580-7. 2001..We have previously described a mutation in the keratin 18 gene in a patient with cryptogenic cirrhosis, but the importance of mutations in the keratin 8 and keratin 18 genes in such patients is unclear...
- Characterization of the binding sites for plasminogen and tissue-type plasminogen activator in cytokeratin 8 and cytokeratin 18K R Kralovich
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22908, USA
J Protein Chem 17:845-54. 1998b>Cytokeratin 8 (CK8) is an intermediate filament protein that penetrates to the external surfaces of breast cancer cells and is released from cells in the form of soluble heteropolymers...
- Interaction of zonula occludens-1 (ZO-1) with alpha-actinin-4: application of functional proteomics for identification of PDZ domain-associated proteinsVincent C Chen
Department of Chemistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2, Canada
J Proteome Res 5:2123-34. 2006....
- In vitro production of Mallory bodies and intracellular hyaline bodies: the central role of sequestosome 1/p62Conny Stumptner
Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Hepatology 46:851-60. 2007....
- Human keratin 8 mutations that disturb filament assembly observed in inflammatory bowel disease patientsD W Owens
Cancer Research UK Cell Structure Research Group, School of Life Science, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 117:1989-99. 2004..Simple epithelial keratins may thus be considered as candidates for genes contributing to a risk of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Organization and sequence of the human gene encoding cytokeratin 8S Krauss
Institute of Cell and Tumor Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, F R G
Gene 86:241-9. 1990Among the various intermediate filament (IF) proteins, cytokeratin 8 (CK8) is especially remarkable as it is produced early in embryogenesis, is the only type-II CK occurring in many simple epithelial cells, and can also be synthesized ..
- Immunohistochemical and ultrastructural characterization of the initial post-hatching development of bovine embryosP Maddox-Hyttel
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Groennegaardsvej 7, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Reproduction 125:607-23. 2003..electron microscopy (n = 26) or immunohistochemistry (n = 27) for potential germ-layer characterization (cytokeratin 8 for potential ectoderm; alpha-1-fetoprotein for potential endoderm; and vimentin for potential mesoderm)...
- Immunotargeting with monoclonal cytokeratin 8 antibodies of human urothelial cancer transplanted to nude miceH Letocha
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 32:793-800. 1993..A monoclonal murine IgG antibody was raised against cytokeratin 8 and labelled with iodine-125; normal murine IgG was used for control purposes...
- Characterization of distinct early assembly units of different intermediate filament proteinsH Herrmann
German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, Heidelberg, D 69120, Germany
J Mol Biol 286:1403-20. 1999..The number of molecules per filament cross-section, as deduced from the MPL values, was lowest for CK8/18, i.e. 16 and 25 at two seconds compared to 16 and 21 at one hour...
- Comparative analysis of alternative and traditional immunohistochemical markers for the distinction of ovarian sertoli cell tumor from endometrioid tumors and carcinoid tumor: A study of 160 casesChengquan Zhao
Department of Gynecologic and Breast Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:255-66. 2007..Because traditional immunohistochemical markers [pan-cytokeratin (pan-CK), low molecular weight cytokeratin (CK8/18), epithelial membrane antigen (EMA), inhibin, calretinin, CD99, chromogranin, and synaptophysin] can ..
- Clinical, histopathologic, and immunohistochemical features of microglandular adenosis and transition into in situ and invasive carcinomaIbrahim M Khalifeh
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:544-52. 2008..All tumors had strong and diffuse CK8/18 and EGFR expression but no estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, HER2 (ie, triple negative), or CK5/6 ..
- The possible role of cytokeratin 8 in cadmium-induced adaptation and carcinogenesisAndy T Y Lau
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Cancer Res 67:2107-13. 2007..Interestingly, we showed that two intermediate filament proteins, cytokeratin 8 (CK8) and cytokeratin 14 (CK14), were increased significantly and stably maintained only in the adapted cells ..
- Expression of the O-linked N-acetylglucosamine containing epitope H in normal myometrium and uterine smooth muscle cell tumorsMarkos N Sgantzos
Department of Anatomy Histology Embryology, University of Thessaly Medical School, 22 Papakyriazi Street, Larissa 41222, Greece
Pathol Res Pract 203:31-7. 2007..The indirect immunoperoxidase method was applied using the mAbH and the monoclonal anti-cytokeratin 8 antibody (AbCK8) in 50 cases of typical uterine leiomyomas and in five cases of uterine leiomyosarcomas, with ..
- Expression of p53-related protein p63 in the gastrointestinal tract and in esophageal metaplastic and neoplastic disordersJ N Glickman
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Pathol 32:1157-65. 2001..p63-positive cells in multilayered epithelium and in the mucosal gland duct epithelium were positive for CK8/18 (100%) and CK13 (67% and 30%, respectively) and negative for CK14 (0%), in contrast to p63-positive cells in ..
- Parachordoma: a case reportR Separovic
University Hospital for Tumors, Zagreb, Croatia
Tumori 87:207-10. 2001..Immunohistochemistry showed positive staining of the tumor cells with cytokeratin 8/18, S-100 protein and vimentin. The patient is well and without recurrence 20 months after surgery.
- Expression and distribution of cytokeratin 8/18 intermediate filaments in bovine antral follicles and corpus luteum: an intrinsic mechanism of resistance to apoptosis?David H Townson
University of New Hampshire, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Biomedical Sciences, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Histol Histopathol 25:889-900. 2010..Specifically, cytokeratin 8/18 (CK8/18) filaments are thought to impart resistance to apoptosis...
- Expression and distribution of intermediate-filament proteins and laminin during the development of the bovine Müllerian ductR A M Kenngott
Lehrstuhl für Tieranatomie II, University of Munich, D 80539 Munich, Germany
Anat Histol Embryol 37:223-30. 2008The expression pattern of several intermediate-filament proteins (vimentin, cytokeratin 8, 18 and 19) and the basal lamina component laminin was investigated in the Wolffian and the Müllerian ducts of bovine embryos and fetuses...
- Small guanosine triphospatase RhoA and Rho-associated kinase as regulators of trophoblast migrationShigetatsu Shiokawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5808-16. 2002..The colocalization of RhoA, cytokeratin 8/18, and cytokeratin 7 in some cells located in the decidual stromal region indicated that extravillous ..
- Anomalous apical plasma membrane phenotype in CK8-deficient mice indicates a novel role for intermediate filaments in the polarization of simple epitheliaN A Ameen
Deptartment of Pediatrics, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Cell Sci 114:563-75. 2001..In this work localization with anti-CK antibodies indicated that many Ck8-/- epithelia still form IF in CK8-deficient mice, perhaps because of the expression of the promiscuous CK7...
- Immunohistochemical study of basaloid squamous cell carcinoma, adenoid cystic and mucoepidermoid carcinoma in the upper aerodigestive tractH Tsubochi
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Anticancer Res 20:1205-11. 2000..ACC and mucoepidermoid carcinoma were immunopositive for CK8, CK14 and CK17 and for CK8, CK14, CK17 and CK19, respectively...
- Cytokeratin 8 functions as a major plasminogen receptor in select epithelial and carcinoma cellsS L Gonias
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville VA 22908, USA
Front Biosci 6:D1403-11. 2001b>Cytokeratin 8 (K8) is a member of the intermediate filament (IF) gene family expressed by simple epithelial cells and by some carcinoma cells...
- Fungiform taste bud degeneration in C57BL/6J mice following chorda-lingual nerve transectionNick A Guagliardo
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904 4400, USA
J Comp Neurol 504:206-16. 2007..Fungiform taste buds were visualized and measured with the aid of cytokeratin 8. In control mice, taste buds were smaller and more abundant on the anterior tip (<1 mm) of the tongue...
- Isolation of genes differentially expressed between the Yoshida sarcoma and long-survival Yoshida sarcoma variants: origin of Yoshida sarcoma revisitedH Tsuchiya
Department of Experimental Pathology, Cancer Institute, Tokyo
Jpn J Cancer Res 85:1099-104. 1994..The mRNAs of the other six genes (those encoding for cytokeratin 8, cytokeratin18 (Endo B), TIMP2 and three unknown sequences) were not found in YS, but were present in LYs...
- Cytokeratin expression patterns in normal and malignant urothelium: a review of the biological and diagnostic implicationsJ Southgate
ICRF Cancer Medicine Research Unit, Research School of Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Histol Histopathol 14:657-64. 1999..The intensification of immunolabelling with some CK8 and CK18 antibodies may underly an active role in tumour invasion and foci of CK17-positive cells may represent ..
- Endolymphatic sac tumor associated with a von Hippel-Lindau disease patient: an immunohistochemical studyH Horiguchi
Department of Pathology, University of Tokushima School of Medicine, Kuramoto, Tokushima, Japan
Mod Pathol 14:727-32. 2001..2, 34betaE-12, CK7, CK8 and CK19), but not for CK10/13 or CK20...
- Characterization of epithelial cells derived from periodontal ligament by gene expression patterns of bone-related and enamel proteinsNoriyoshi Mizuno
Department of Periodontal Medicine, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 2 3, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Cell Biol Int 29:111-7. 2005..The mRNA expression patterns were determined by the reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). Cytokeratin 8 mRNA was expressed by oral epithelial cells but not oral mesenchymal cells...
- Proteomic analyses of intermediate filaments reveals cytokeratin8 is highly acetylated--implications for colorectal epithelial homeostasisSiân H Leech
Human Nutrition Unit, Division of Clinical Sciences North, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Proteomics 8:279-88. 2008..We report that CKs are highly acetylated in a colon cancer cell line, with five acetylation sites characterised on CK8 and a further one on CK18. Acetylation of CK8 is responsive to butyrate...
- Identification of six novel CC chemokines in gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata) implicated in the antiviral immune responseA Cuesta
Centro de Investigación en Sanidad Animal CISA INIA, Madrid, Spain
Mol Immunol 47:1235-43. 2010..have the highest identity, therefore we have designated the novel seabream CC chemokines as CK1, CK3, CK5, CK7, CK8 and CK10...
- Compensation of type I and type II cytokeratin pools in lung cancerNobuhiro Kanaji
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
Lung Cancer 55:295-302. 2007..the largest family of intermediate filament proteins, and are subdivided into type I (CK9-CK23) and type II (CK1-CK8) subclasses...
- [Clinicopathologic features of gallbladder adenocarcinoma with marked stromal fibrosis--a report of 19 cases]Yang Kun Wang
Department of Pathology, The 150th Hospital of PLA, Luoyang, Henan, 471031, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:896-900. 2006..This research was to explore the clinicopathologic features of gallbladder adenocarcinoma with marked stromal fibrosis...
- Diagnostic performance of the urinary bladder carcinoma antigen ELISA test and multiparametric DNA/cytokeratin flow cytometry in urine voided samples from patients with bladder carcinomaM Sanchez-Carbayo
Servicio de Bioquimica, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Centro de Investigacion del Cancer Instituto mixto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, Salamanca, Spain
Cancer 92:2811-9. 2001..of the current study was to comparatively analyze the sensitivity and specificity of flow cytometric DNA/cytokeratin 8/18 measurements and the urinary bladder carcinoma antigen (UBC) enzyme linked immunoabsorbent assay (ELISA) ..
- An immunohistochemical profile of giant cell carcinoma of the larynxYesim Gurbuz
Kocaeli University, Medical Faculty, Pathology Department, Kocaeli, Turkey
Auris Nasus Larynx 34:413-6. 2007..This report describes a case of a 62-year-old male with giant cell carcinoma of the larynx that presented as a neck mass and hoarseness...
- Cytokeratin 8/18 is a useful immunohistochemical marker for hepatocellular proliferative lesions in miceMasaomi Kawai
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 72:263-9. 2010..and the livers were subjected to histological examinations on hematoxylin and eosin (HE) stained sections, CK8/18 immunohistochemistry and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) histochemistry...
- Immunohistochemical profile of common epithelial neoplasms arising in the kidneyMi Kyung Kim
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 10:332-8. 2002..Both CD10 and VIM were predominantly expressed in CC and PC; E-CD in CPC, OC, and UC; CK7 in PC, CPC, and UC; CK8 and CK19 in CDC and UC; CK20 in UC; HCK in CDC and UC; and PL in CDC...
- P63 and cytokeratin8/18 expression in breast, atypical ductal hyperplasia, ductal carcinoma in situ and invasive duct carcinomaMaha M Shamloula
The Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Tanta University
J Egypt Natl Canc Inst 19:202-10. 2007..This work was designed to study and compare the expression of p63 and cytokeratin 8/18 (CK8/18) in some cases of ADH, DCIS and IDC...
- Estrogen receptor-alpha-interacting cytokeratins potentiate the antiestrogenic activity of fulvestrantXinghua Long
Medical Sciences, Indiana University School of Medicine, Bloomington, IN, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 9:389-96. 2010..that fulvestrant-induced ERalpha degradation depends on the interaction of ERalpha with cytokeratins 8 and 18 (CK8/CK18). Here we further investigate the role of these two cytokeratins in the antagonistic activity of the SERD...
- Immunohistochemical characterization of cytokeratins in the abnormal corneal endothelium of posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy patientsKaterina Jirsova
Ocular Tissue Bank, General Teaching Hospital and Charles University, U nemocnice 2, Prague 128 08, Czech Republic
Exp Eye Res 84:680-6. 2007..Both of these morphologically distinct cell types showed strong immunostaining for CK7, CK19, CK8 and CK18, while weaker positive signals were observed for CK1, CK3/12, CK4, CK5/6, CK10, CK10/13, CK14, CK16 and ..
- Analysis of sensitivity and specificity of cytokeratin 19 reverse transcriptase/polymerase chain reaction for detection of occult breast cancer in bone marrow and leukapheresis productsX Y Zhong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 125:286-91. 1999..The work aimed to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of the cytokeratin (CK) 19 reverse transcriptase/polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) for the detection of occult breast cancer in bone marrow and leukapheresis products...
- Expression patterns of ER-alpha, PR, HER-2/neu, and EGFR in different cell origin subtypes of high grade and non-high grade ductal carcinoma in situPing Tang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 626, Rochester, New York 14642 USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 36:137-43. 2006..Using a panel of antibodies to ER-alpha, PR, HER-2/neu, and EGFR, along with cytokeratin (CK) markers (CK5/6, CK8, CK14, CK17, and CK18), we found that all 3 cell origin subtypes can express ER-alpha and PR, and their expression ..
- Relationship between nuclear grade of ductal carcinoma in situ and cell origin markersPing Tang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center Box 626, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 36:16-22. 2006..been sub-classified based on the expression of several cytokeratin markers as stem cells (CK5/6 +), luminal cells (CK8, CK18 +), and basal cells (CK14, CK17 +)...
- Cytokeratin 8 protects from hepatotoxicity, and its ratio to cytokeratin 18 determines the ability of hepatocytes to form Mallory bodiesK Zatloukal
Department of Pathology, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Am J Pathol 156:1263-74. 2000..Here we report that mice lacking the CK8 gene and hence CK intermediate filaments in hepatocytes, but still expressing the type I partner, ie, the CK18 gene,..
- Genomic profiling of breast tumours in relation to BRCA abnormalities and phenotypesOlafur Andri Stefansson
Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland, Vatnsmyrarvegur 16, Reykjavik, Iceland
Breast Cancer Res 11:R47. 2009..Somatic mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2 have not been found and the involvement of these genes in sporadic tumour development therefore remains unclear...
- Differential expression of cytokeratins 8 and 20 distinguishes craniopharyngioma from rathke cleft cystWei Xin
Department of Pathology and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1174-8. 2002..Distinguishing craniopharyngioma from Rathke cleft cyst is sometimes difficult, and the distinction is clinically significant because Rathke cleft cysts have a better prognosis than craniopharyngiomas...
- Active Wnt signalling is associated with low differentiation and high proliferation in human biliary tract cancer in vitro and in vivo and is sensitive to pharmacological inhibitionTobias Kiesslich
Department of Internal Medicine I, Paracelsus Medical University Salzburger Landeskliniken SALK, Muellner Hauptstrasse 48, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Int J Oncol 36:49-58. 2010..Further investigation of the mechanism(s) of Wnt pathway activation and its inhibition may provide new molecular treatment strategies for biliary tract cancer...
- [Expression of cytokeratins and ret in thyroid papillary carcinoma]Wei Xun Zhou
Department of Pathology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 32:530-3. 2003..To investigate the expression of cytokeratins and ret in thyroid papillary carcinoma (TPC) and their diagnostic value...
- Proteomic analysis of the major cellular proteins of bovine trophectoderm cell lines derived from IVP, parthenogenetic and nuclear transfer embryos: Reduced expression of annexins I and II in nuclear transfer-derived cell linesNeil C Talbot
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service USDA, ARS, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Biosciences and Biotechnology Laboratory, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, United States
Anim Reprod Sci 120:187-202. 2010....
- Posterior Hox gene expression and differential androgen regulation in the developing and adult rat prostate lobesLiwei Huang
Department of Urology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 820 South Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Endocrinology 148:1235-45. 2007..expressing the Hoxb13 gene, NRP-152 cells cultured under nondifferentiating conditions exhibited robust cytokeratin 8 immunostain indicating that Hoxb13 expression drives luminal cell differentiation in the rat epithelium...
- Primary intradural chordoma: report on three cases and review of the literatureM Bergmann
Department of Neuropathology, Klinikum Bremen Mitte, Bremen, Germany
Clin Neuropathol 29:169-76. 2010..In this case, only an incomplete tumor resection was possible but progression has not occurred for 5 years...
- Histopathologic classification of lung cancer: Relevance of cytokeratin and TTF-1 immunophenotypingLeif Johansson
Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Ann Diagn Pathol 8:259-67. 2004..tumors had the "lung-specific" phenotype CK5-/TTF-1+; all small cell carcinomas had the phenotype CK5-/CK8+/TTF-1+, all adenocarcinomas CK5-/CK7+/TTF-1+ and (more than 50%) of LCC CK5-/CK7+/TTF-1+...
- Secretory breast carcinomas with ETV6-NTRK3 fusion gene belong to the basal-like carcinoma spectrumMarick Lae
Service de Pathologie, Section Médicale, Institut Curie, Paris Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 22:291-8. 2009..PR, ERBB2, KIT, EGFR, E-cadherin, vimentin, PS100, smooth muscle actin, basal (CK5/6 and 14), luminal cytokeratins (CK8/18) and p63 antibodies...
- Proteomic assays for the detection of urothelial cancerKris E Gaston
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit1373, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Methods Mol Biol 641:303-23. 2010..literature include bladder tumor antigen, nuclear matrix protein 22, BLCA-4, hyaluronic acid, hyaluronidase, cytokeratin 8, cytokeratin 18, cytokeratin 19, tissue polypeptide antigen, and tissue polypeptide-specific antigen...
- Identification of 5-fluorouracil response proteins in colorectal carcinoma cell line SW480 by two-dimensional electrophoresis and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometryCesar Sze Chuen Wong
Department of Clinical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, P R China
Oncol Rep 20:89-98. 2008..Protein identification indicated that cyclophilin A, cytokeratin 19 (CK19), cytokeratin 8 (CK8), ras-related nuclear protein, heat shock protein 27 (hsp27) and peroxiredoxin 6 (Prx 6) were upregulated ..
- Cytokeratin expression patterns in the rat respiratory tract as markers of epithelial differentiation in inhalation toxicology. I. Determination of normal cytokeratin expression patterns in nose, larynx, trachea, and lungW K Schlage
INBIFO Institut für biologische Forschung GmbH, Koln, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 26:324-43. 1998..Larynx: CK14, CK15 (basal, ciliated, nonciliated cells), CK8, CK18, CK19 (not in basal cells), CK4, and CK13 (cuboidal and squamoid cells of ventral half)...
- [A new way for isolation and cultivation of sweat gland ductal cells from human split-thickness skin in vitro]Yong hong Lei
Key Research Laboratory for Wound Repair and Regeneration, First Hospital Affiliated to the General Hospital of the People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100048, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1574-7. 2009..To explore a new method of isolation and culture of eccrine sweat gland ductal cells from human split-thickness skin graft in vitro...
- Phenotypic evaluation of the basal-like subtype of invasive breast carcinomaChad A Livasy
Department of Pathology and Lab Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7525, USA
Mod Pathol 19:264-71. 2006..for estrogen receptor (ER), HER2, EGFR, smooth muscle actin (SMA), p63, CD10, cytokeratin 5/6, cytokeratin 8/18, and vimentin was performed on 18 basal-like, 16 luminal, and 12 HER2+ tumors...
- Cytokeratin 8 and 18 expression in imprint smears of chronic viral hepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. A preliminary studyPauline Athanassiadou
Cytology Unit, Pathology Laboratory, Medical School, Athens University, Greece
Acta Cytol 51:61-5. 2007..To investigate whether the expression of cytokeratin (CK) 8 and 18 is altered in chronic active viral hepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Cytokeratins 8 and 18 in adult human corneal endotheliumStanislava Merjava
Laboratory of the Biology and Pathology of the Eye, Institute of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, General Teaching Hospital and First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Exp Eye Res 89:426-31. 2009..were applied before indirect immunofluorescent or enzymatic staining was performed with antibodies against CK8 (Chemicon), CK18 (Dako and Sigma) and CK8/18 (Novocastra)...
- Histopathological and molecular analysis of gastrectomy specimens from hereditary diffuse gastric cancer patients has implications for endoscopic surveillance of individuals at riskM E Barber
MRC Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK
J Pathol 216:286-94. 2008..and evidence of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) was sought by immunohistochemistry for vimentin and cytokeratin 8/18. Four of eight patients had lesions detected at endoscopic surveillance. A median of 20...
- Immunohistochemical profiling of cytokeratin expression by endometrial stroma sarcomaPatrick A Adegboyega
Department of Pathology and Feist Weiller Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Hum Pathol 39:1459-64. 2008..2 (CK8), CK19, CK20, and 34Ebeta12 (CK1, 5, 10, and 14)...
- Expression of cytokeratins (CKs) 8, 13 and 18 and their mRNA in epithelial linings of radicular cysts: implication for the same CK profiles as nasal columnar epithelium in squamous epithelial liningD P Lu
Department of Oral Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Japan
Oral Dis 8:30-6. 2002..Our objective was to specify cytokeratin (CK) patterns in lining epithelia of radicular cysts which are sometime lined with ciliated columnar epithelia as seen in the nasal epithelia...
- Enumeration of circulating tumor cells in the blood of breast cancer patients after filtration enrichment: correlation with disease stageHarriette J Kahn
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre SWCHSC, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 86:237-47. 2004..from the nucleated cell fraction by filtration and enumerated visually following immunostaining with anti-cytokeratin 8 (CK8) antibody CAM 5.2...
- Distribution of cytokeratins and vimentin in adult renal neoplasms and normal renal tissue: potential utility of a cytokeratin antibody panel in the differential diagnosis of renal tumorsBrian F Skinnider
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 29:747-54. 2005..Clear cell RCCs typically showed a restricted expression pattern of CK8, CK18 and Vim...
- In vivo clearing of idiotypic antibodies with antiidiotypic antibodies and their derivativesAnn Erlandsson
Department of Immunology, Umea University, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Mol Immunol 43:599-606. 2006At immunolocalization of experimental tumors, idiotypic monoclonal antibodies, such as TS1 against cytokeratin 8, can be used to carry and deposit in vivo terapeutics in the tumor...
- Mixed exocrine-neuroendocrine carcinoma of the nasal cavity: clinico-pathologic and molecular study of a case and review of the literatureStefano La Rosa
Department of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo, Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
Head Neck Pathol 7:76-84. 2013..Both exocrine and neuroendocrine components were CK8, CK20, CDX2 and p53 positive, and CK7 and TTF1 negative...
- Differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells into hepatocytes in liver fibrosis in ratsY Zhan
Peking University Hepatology Institute, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Transplant Proc 38:3082-5. 2006..The expressions of albumin (Alb), cytokeratin 8 (CK8), and alpha-smooth muscle actin (SMA) were determined by immunofluorescence methods...
- Morphology, sex ratio and gene expression of day 14 in vivo and in vitro bovine embryosGrazieli M Machado
Laboratory of Animal Reproduction, Embrapa Genetic Resources and Biotechnology, Parque Estação Biológica, Av W5 Norte final, Caixa Postal 02372, Brasilia, DF 70770 917, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 25:600-8. 2013..Embryos on Day 14 were used for sex determination and gene expression analysis of PLAC8, KRT8, CD9, SLC2A1, SLC2A3, PGK1, HSF1, MNSOD, HSP70 and IFNT using real-time quantitative (q) polymerase chain reaction (..
- Keratin 8/18 regulation of glucose metabolism in normal versus cancerous hepatic cells through differential modulation of hexokinase status and insulin signalingJasmin Mathew
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval and Centre de recherche du CHUQ L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, 9 McMahon, Quebec, QC, Canada G1R 2J6
Exp Cell Res 319:474-86. 2013..Together, the results uncover a key K8/K18 regulation of glucose metabolism in normal and cancerous hepatic cells through differential modulations of mitochondrial HK status and insulin-mediated signaling...
- [Expression of epidermal fatty acid-binding protein in cross-species hepatocellular carcinoma]Jun Lin Shi
Department of Experimental Pathology, Tumor Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning 530021, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 20:270-4. 2012..To evaluate the utility of the cross-species screening strategy for investigating key molecule(s) involved in onset and progression of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Cell-surface cytokeratin 8 is the major plasminogen receptor on breast cancer cells and is required for the accelerated activation of cell-associated plasminogen by tissue-type plasminogen activatorT A Hembrough
Department of Biochemistry, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 271:25684-91. 1996b>Cytokeratin 8 (CK 8) has been identified on the external surfaces of viable, unpermeabilized epithelial cells (Hembrough, T. A., Vasudevan, J., Allietta, M. M., Glass, W. F., and Gonias, S. L. (1995) J. Cell Sci. 108, 1071-1082)...
- Identification and quantification of concentration-dependent biomarkers in MCF-7/BOS cells exposed to 17β-estradiol by 2-D DIGE and label-free proteomicsMike Collodoro
Laboratory of Histology Cytology, GIGA R and CART, University of Liege, Allee de la Chimie 3, Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Proteomics 75:4555-69. 2012..were up-regulated proteins, namely HSP 74, EF2, FKBP4, EF1 and GDIB and one was a down-regulated protein, namely K2C8. Three of these proteins, EF2, FKBP4 and K2C8 are implicated in a network centered on the estrogen receptors ESR1 ..
- Projected focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver with pronounced atypical ductular reaction resembling ductal plate and expressing KITTadashi Terada
Department of Pathology, Shizuoka City Shimizu Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Hepatol Res 42:721-6. 2012..Immunohistochemically, the cells of DR were positive for cytokeratin (CK) AE1/3, CK CAM5.2, CK7, CK8, CK18, CK19, carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), CA19-9, Ki-67 (labeling = 3%) and KIT, but negative for CK20, p53, ..
- Molecular characterisation of breast cancer patients at high and low recurrence riskSerena Bonin
Department of Clinical, Morphological and Technological Sciences, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Virchows Arch 452:241-50. 2008..findings strongly demonstrate that retinoblastoma (RB) and cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) on one side and cytokeratin 8 (CK8) and epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) on the other may affect the clinical course of the disease ..
- Immunohistochemical profiling of Wilms tumor: a tissue microarray studyMohammad Vasei
Department of Pathology, Shiraz University, Medical School, Shiraz, Iran
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 16:128-34. 2008..This tissue microarray study was designed to investigate the immunohistochemical features that may prove useful in the accurate diagnosis of WT in small biopsy samples...
- Serum levels of tissue polypeptide specific antigen are correlated with hepatocyte cytokeratin expression in alcoholic liver diseaseA Gonzalez-Quintela
Department of Internal Medicine, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago, Spain
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:1413-8. 2004..Mallory bodies, characteristic of alcoholic hepatitis, are cytokeratin 8 and 18 aggregates...
- Mapping of bovine cytokeratin sequences to four different sites on three chromosomesR Fries
Department of Animal Sciences, Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zentrum, Zurich, Switzerland
Cytogenet Cell Genet 57:135-41. 1991..KRT19) and over region 5q14----q23 after hybridization with probes for the class II gene subfamily (KRT1, KRT5, and KRT8)...
- APICAL IF MEDIATE POST-ISCHEMIA RECOVERY IN EPITHELIAPedro Salas; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, using a transgenic knock-out of the CK8 gene, he have demonstrated that the terminal web is indeed required for apical polarity...
- Stem Cell Therapy for Hemophilia ACatherine Verfaillie; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 4: We will characterize the immune rejection fVIII following transplantation hfVIII transduced mMAPC in hemophilic mice. ..
- EARLY DETECT/CHARACTERIZATION OF TUMOR CELLS IN BLOODJonathan Uhr; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Core--Cell culture and physiologyKaren Ridge; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted Nanoparticle DNA Therapy for Ovarian CancerJanet A Sawicki; Fiscal Year: 2010..Targeted nanotherapy, used alone or as an adjuvant therapy, should lead to a more effective treatment for patients with metastatic ovarian cancer. ..
- Targeting Nanoparticle DNA Delivery to Prostate TumorsJanet A Sawicki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Effects of Hypoxia on Alveolar Epithelial CytoskeletonKaren Ridge; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting Nanoparticle DNA Delivery to Prostate TumorsJanet Sawicki; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Interactions of herpes simplex virus with nectin-1 at cell junctions Claude Krummenacher; Fiscal Year: 2007..By identifying new requirements for virus entry in the host, this study will provide targets for novel therapeutic approaches to interfere with this process. ..
- ANTIBODIES IN PATHOGENESIS OF HIV-1 TROMBOCYTOPENIAHenrik Ditzel; Fiscal Year: 1999..He will also look for molecular mimicry with foreign Ag's. ..
- ANTIBODIES IN PATHOGENESIS OF AUTOIMMUNE NEUTROPENIAHenrik Ditzel; Fiscal Year: 2002..3) Determine the pathogenesis of the cloned antibodies by generating intact human IgG1 antibodies from the cloned Fab fragments and testing for their ability to sensitize neutrophils by promoting ingestion by macrophages in vitro. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF GBS ADHERENCE TO FIBRONECTINGLEN TAMURA; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will allow for identification of the structural gene(s) for fibronectin adhesin(s). ..
- Targeted Death of Prostatic Cancer CellsJanet Sawicki; Fiscal Year: 2003..We expect our investigations will lead to the development of a novel gene therapy for prostate cancer patients that will effectively arrest the development of recurrent tumors. ..
- ANTIBODIES IN PATHOGENESIS OF HIV-1 TROMBOCYTOPENIAHenrik Ditzel; Fiscal Year: 2003..He will also look for molecular mimicry with foreign Ag's. ..
- Effects of Hypoxia on Alveolar Epithelial CytoskeletonKaren M Ridge; Fiscal Year: 2010....