Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KLC2
Description: kinesin light chain 2
Alias: kinesin light chain 2, KLC 2
- Morgan G, Hollinshead M, Ferguson B, Murphy B, Carpentier D, Smith G. Vaccinia protein F12 has structural similarity to kinesin light chain and contains a motor binding motif required for virion export. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000785 pubmed publisher..Moreover, molecular modeling of F12 TPRs upon the crystal structure of KLC2 TPRs showed a striking conservation of structure. We also identified multiple TPRs in VACV proteins E2 and A36...
- Du J, Wei Y, Liu L, Wang Y, Khairova R, Blumenthal R, et al. A kinesin signaling complex mediates the ability of GSK-3beta to affect mood-associated behaviors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11573-8 pubmed publisher..AMPA)-induced GluR1 and GluR2 internalization via phosphorylation of kinesin light chain 2 (KLC2), the key molecule of the kinesin cargo delivery system...
- DuRaine G, Wisner T, Howard P, Johnson D. Kinesin-1 Proteins KIF5A, -5B, and -5C Promote Anterograde Transport of Herpes Simplex Virus Enveloped Virions in Axons. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..Silencing of kinesin-1 proteins KIF5A, -5B, and -5C or light chains KLC1 and KLC2 inhibited the majority of HSV anterograde transport, while silencing of KIF1A had little effect on HSV transport in ..
- Trejo H, Lecuona E, Grillo D, Szleifer I, Nekrasova O, Gelfand V, et al. Role of kinesin light chain-2 of kinesin-1 in the traffic of Na,K-ATPase-containing vesicles in alveolar epithelial cells. FASEB J. 2010;24:374-82 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of kinesin-1 heavy chain (KHC) or the light chain-2 (KLC2), but not of the light chain-1 (KLC1), decreased the movement of Na,K-ATPase-containing vesicles when compared to ..
- Milewska M, McRedmond J, Byrne P. Identification of novel spartin-interactors shows spartin is a multifunctional protein. J Neurochem. 2009;111:1022-30 pubmed publisher..We also show for the first time interaction between spartin and a nucleolar protein, nucleolin. ..
- Zhu H, Lee H, Tong Y, Hong B, Kim K, Shen Y, et al. Crystal structures of the tetratricopeptide repeat domains of kinesin light chains: insight into cargo recognition mechanisms. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33943 pubmed publisher..Despite a high sequence identity between their TPR domains (87%), KLC1 and KLC2 isoforms exhibit differential binding properties towards some cargos...
- Newsome T, Scaplehorn N, Way M. SRC mediates a switch from microtubule- to actin-based motility of vaccinia virus. Science. 2004;306:124-9 pubmed..Thus, Src activity regulates the transition between cytoplasmic microtubule transport and actin-based motility at the plasma membrane. ..
- Nguyen T, Chenon M, Vilela F, Velours C, Aumont Nicaise M, Andreani J, et al. Structural plasticity of the N-terminal capping helix of the TPR domain of kinesin light chain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186354 pubmed publisher..We determined crystal structures of the TPR domain of both KLC1 and KLC2 encompassing the N-terminal capping helix and show that this helix exhibits two distinct and defined orientations ..
- Wang M, Zhu X, Sha Z, Li N, Li D, Chen L. High expression of kinesin light chain-2, a novel target of miR-125b, is associated with poor clinical outcome of elderly non-small-cell lung cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2015;112:874-82 pubmed publisher..This study is to identify the function of KLC2 and its interaction with miR-125b in NSCLC...
- Yip Y, Pernigo S, Sanger A, Xu M, Parsons M, Steiner R, et al. The light chains of kinesin-1 are autoinhibited. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:2418-23 pubmed publisher..biochemical, and biophysical approaches, we describe how an intramolecular interaction between the KLC2(TPR) domain and a conserved peptide motif within an unstructured region of the molecule, partly occludes the W-..
- Melo U, Macedo Souza L, Figueiredo T, Muotri A, Gleeson J, Coux G, et al. Overexpression of KLC2 due to a homozygous deletion in the non-coding region causes SPOAN syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6877-85 pubmed publisher..hg19:g.66,024,557_66,024,773del) located at the non-coding upstream region of the KLC2 gene...
- Raiborg C, Wenzel E, Pedersen N, Olsvik H, Schink K, Schultz S, et al. Repeated ER-endosome contacts promote endosome translocation and neurite outgrowth. Nature. 2015;520:234-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, protrudin-containing ER-LE contact sites are platforms for kinesin-1 loading onto LEs, and kinesin-1-mediated translocation of LEs to the plasma membrane, fuelled by repeated ER contacts, promotes protrusion and neurite outgrowth. ..
- Ligon L, Tokito M, Finklestein J, Grossman F, Holzbaur E. A direct interaction between cytoplasmic dynein and kinesin I may coordinate motor activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19201-8 pubmed..There is also a vesicle population with both dynein and kinesin I bound that may be capable of bi-directional motility along cellular microtubules. ..
- Bowman A, Kamal A, Ritchings B, Philp A, McGrail M, Gindhart J, et al. Kinesin-dependent axonal transport is mediated by the sunday driver (SYD) protein. Cell. 2000;103:583-94 pubmed..We propose that SYD mediates the axonal transport of at least one class of vesicles by interacting directly with KLC. ..