Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KDM7A
Description: lysine demethylase 7A
Alias: JHDM1D, lysine-specific demethylase 7A, histone lysine demethylase JHDM1D, jmjC domain-containing histone demethylation protein 1D, jumonji C domain containing histone demethylase 1 homolog D, lysine (K)-specific demethylase 7A, lysine-specific demethylase 7
- Pan M, Hsu M, Chen L, Hung W. G9a orchestrates PCL3 and KDM7A to promote histone H3K27 methylation. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18709 pubmed publisher..promoter by upregulating PCL3 to increase PRC2 promoter recruitment and by downregulating the H3K27 demethylase KDM7A to silence E-cadherin gene...
- Huang C, Xiang Y, Wang Y, Li X, Xu L, Zhu Z, et al. Dual-specificity histone demethylase KIAA1718 (KDM7A) regulates neural differentiation through FGF4. Cell Res. 2010;20:154-65 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified KIAA1718 (KDM7A) as a novel histone demethylase specific for these two repressing marks...
- Choi J, Jo S. KDM7A histone demethylase mediates TNF-?-induced ICAM1 protein upregulation by modulating lysosomal activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;478:1355-62 pubmed publisher..TNF-? also upregulated histone demethylases KDM1B and KDM7A responsible for demethylation of H3K9me2, a well-known repression marker...
- Qi H, Sarkissian M, Hu G, Wang Z, Bhattacharjee A, Gordon D, et al. Histone H4K20/H3K9 demethylase PHF8 regulates zebrafish brain and craniofacial development. Nature. 2010;466:503-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that an imbalance of histone methylation dynamics has a critical role in XLMR. ..
- Osawa T, Muramatsu M, Wang F, Tsuchida R, Kodama T, Minami T, et al. Increased expression of histone demethylase JHDM1D under nutrient starvation suppresses tumor growth via down-regulating angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20725-9 pubmed publisherHistone demethylase JHDM1D (also known as KDM7A) modifies the level of methylation in histone and participates in epigenetic gene regulation; however, the role of JHDM1D in tumor progression is unknown...
- Guo T, Chung J, Wang T, McDonald McGinn D, Kates W, HawuÅ‚a W, et al. Histone Modifier Genes Alter Conotruncal Heart Phenotypes in 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2015;97:869-77 pubmed publisher..Eighteen case subjects (20%) had rdSNVs in four genes (JMJD1C, RREB1, MINA, KDM7A) all involved in demethylation of histones (H3K9, H3K27)...