Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KDM6A
Description: lysine (K)-specific demethylase 6A
Alias: KABUK2, UTX, bA386N14.2, bA386N14.2 (ubiquitously transcribed X chromosome tetratricopeptide repeat protein (UTX)), histone demethylase UTX, lysine-specific demethylase 6A, ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat protein X-linked, ubiquitously-transcribed TPR gene on the X chromosome
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Demethylation of H3K27 regulates polycomb recruitment and H2A ubiquitinationMin Gyu Lee
Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 318:447-50. 2007..Here we show that human UTX, a member of the Jumonji C family of proteins, is a di- and trimethyl H3K27 demethylase...
- A histone H3 lysine 27 demethylase regulates animal posterior developmentFei Lan
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 449:689-94. 2007..Here we show that the JmjC-domain-containing related proteins UTX and JMJD3 catalyse demethylation of H3K27me3/2...
- Knockdown of ALR (MLL2) reveals ALR target genes and leads to alterations in cell adhesion and growthIrina Issaeva
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 27:1889-903. 2007..shared with other SET1 family complexes and several unique components, such as PTIP and the jumonji family member UTX. Like other complexes formed by SET1 family members, the ALR complex exhibited strong H3K4 methyltransferase ..
- The UTX gene escapes X inactivation in mice and humansA Greenfield
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology and Department of Anatomical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 7:737-42. 1998..Here we report the characterization of a widely transcribed X-linked homologue of Uty , called Utx , which maps to the proximal region of the mouse X chromosome and which detects a human X-linked homologue at Xp11...
- Mutations of polycomb-associated gene ASXL1 in myelodysplastic syndromes and chronic myelomonocytic leukaemiaVéronique Gelsi-Boyer
Centre de Recherche en Cancerologie de Marseille, Département d Oncologie Moléculaire, UMR891 Inserm, Institut Paoli Calmettes, France
Br J Haematol 145:788-800. 2009..g. ASXL1, ASXL2, UTX, CXXC4, CXXC5, TET2, TET3). To validate some of these candidates we studied the sequence of ASXL1...
- The potential role of epigenetic therapy in multiple myelomaEmma M Smith
Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Br J Haematol 148:702-13. 2010..to the overexpression of a histone methylatransferase (MMSET) and inactivating mutations of a histone demethylase (UTX), suggesting that the regulation of histone methylation is a potential therapeutic target...
- Genome-wide profiling reveals stimulus-specific functions of p53 during differentiation and DNA damage of human embryonic stem cellsKadir C Akdemir
Program in Genes and Development, UT Graduate School in Biomedical Sciences at Houston, Center for Stem Cell and Development Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA, Division of Biomedical Informatics, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA and Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 42:205-23. 2014..Activation of these genes occurs with recruitment of p53 and H3K27me3-specific demethylases, UTX and JMJD3, to chromatin...
- KSHV PAN RNA associates with demethylases UTX and JMJD3 to activate lytic replication through a physical interaction with the virus genomeCyprian C Rossetto
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002680. 2012..RNA chromatin immunoprecipitation assays show that PAN RNA interacts with demethylases JMJD3 and UTX, and the histone methyltransferase MLL2...
- Sex-specific differences in expression of histone demethylases Utx and Uty in mouse brain and neuronsJun Xu
Department of Pathology and Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Neurosci 28:4521-7. 2008..b>Utx (ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat gene on X chromosome) is an escapee gene that encodes a ..
- Copy number analysis of 413 isolated talipes equinovarus patients suggests role for transcriptional regulators of early limb developmentDavid M Alvarado
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 21:373-80. 2013..and contain the developmentally expressed transcription factors and transcriptional regulators PITX1, TBX4, HOXC13, UTX, CHD (chromodomain protein)1, and RIPPLY2...
- Boron tracedrug design for neutron dynamic therapeutics for LDLHitoshi Hori
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, Graduate School, The University of Tokushima, Minamijosanjimacho 2, Tokushima, 770 8506, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 789:385-9. 2013..Thus, we examined, among our developed boron tracedrugs, a boron-containing curcuminoid derivative UTX-51, to destroy freshly isolated human LDL dynamically under irradiated thermal neutron to obtain a decreased ..
- Fast and non-invasive PCR sexing of primates: apes, Old World monkeys, New World monkeys and StrepsirrhinesPalle Villesen
Bioinformatics Research Center BiRC, University of Aarhus, H, Guldbergsgade 10, Building 1090, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Ecol 6:8. 2006..Hence, it is highly desirable to develop markers that simultaneously detect Y- and X-chromosome specific sequences and also work across many species...
- Aberrant patterns of H3K4 and H3K27 histone lysine methylation occur across subgroups in medulloblastomaAdrian M Dubuc
Division of Neurosurgery, Arthur and Sonia Labatt Brain Tumour Research Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 125:373-84. 2013..Notably, we also report mutations affecting the MLL2-binding partner KDM6A, in 4 % (7/175) of tumors...
- Histone lysine demethylases in breast cancerElisa Paolicchi
Transgenic Oncogenesis and Genomics Section, Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 86:97-103. 2013..005 and response to docetaxel p=0.005); conversely, KDM6A is overexpressed in BC patients with an unfavorable prognosis (mortality at 1 year, p=8.65E-7)...
- Histone demethylase UTX-1 regulates C. elegans life span by targeting the insulin/IGF-1 signaling pathwayChunyu Jin
Chinese Academy of Sciences Key Laboratory of Computational Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences Max Planck Partner Institute for Computational Biology, China
Cell Metab 14:161-72. 2011..and loss of H3K27me3 on IIS components are due, at least in part, to increased activity of the H3K27 demethylase UTX-1 during aging. RNAi of the utx-1 gene extended the mean life span of C...
- Identification of the chromatin regions coated by non-coding Xist RNAK Murakami
Department of Biomedical Science, Regenerative Medicine and Biofunction, Graduate School of Medical Science, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Cytogenet Genome Res 125:19-25. 2009..In mouse cells, Xist RNA was detected on the Uba1 gene, but not on Jarid1c and Utx genes, which escape from XCI...
- Does the incidence of unexpected malignancy in 'benign' rectal neoplasms undergoing trans-anal endoscopic microsurgery vary according to lesion morphology?I Dash
Cheltenham General Hospital GHNHSFT, Cheltenham, UK
Colorectal Dis 15:183-6. 2013..This study examines the relationship between lesion morphology and accurate benign preoperative classification of rectal lesions undergoing TEMS...
- The ethics of uterus transplantationRuby Catsanos
Department of Philosophy, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Bioethics 27:65-73. 2013Human uterus transplantation (UTx) is currently under investigation as a treatment for uterine infertility...
- The H3K27 demethylase Utx regulates somatic and germ cell epigenetic reprogrammingAbed Alfatah Mansour
The Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Nature 488:409-13. 2012..Here we show in mice and humans that the histone H3 methylated Lys 27 (H3K27) demethylase Utx (also known as Kdm6a) regulates the efficient induction, rather than maintenance, of pluripotency...
- Administration of oral charcoal adsorbent (AST-120) suppresses low-turnover bone progression in uraemic ratsYoshiko Iwasaki
Department of Health Sciences, Oiya University of Nursing and Health Sciences, Oita 870 1201, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2768-74. 2006..that bone formation decreased depending on the degree of renal dysfunction, and hypothesized that uraemic toxins (UTx) are associated with the development of low-turnover bone development, complicating renal failure...
- Mammalian male mutation bias: impacts of generation time and regional variation in substitution ratesM Paula Goetting-Minesky
Department of Biology, Center for Comparative Genomics and Bioinformatics, 518A Mueller Lab, Penn State University, University Park, PA 16803, USA
J Mol Evol 63:537-44. 2006..Here we sequenced and analyzed five introns of three genes (DBX/DBY, UTX/UTY, and ZFX/ZFY) homologous between X and Y chromosomes in several species of perissodactyls (horses and rhinos) ..
- Absence of deletion and duplication of MLL2 and KDM6A genes in a large cohort of patients with Kabuki syndromeManuela Priolo
Unita Operativa di Genetica Medica, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Mol Genet Metab 107:627-9. 2012..syndrome is a rare, multiple congenital anomaly/mental retardation syndrome caused by MLL2 point mutations and KDM6A microdeletions...
- Histone H3K27me3 demethylases KDM6A and KDM6B modulate definitive endoderm differentiation from human ESCs by regulating WNT signaling pathwayWei Jiang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815 6789, USA
Cell Res 23:122-30. 2013..Here, we show that the H3K27me3 demethylases KDM6A and KDM6B play an important role in endoderm differentiation from human ESCs...
- Targeting of NF-kappaB signaling pathway, other signaling pathways and epigenetics in therapy of multiple myelomaOta Fuchs
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Prague 2, Czech Republic
Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 13:16-34. 2013..of MM genomes revealed also mutations in genes for histone methyltransferases (HMTases), histone demethylase (UTX) and serine/threonine protein kinase BRAF...
- Expression and significance of histone H3K27 demethylases in renal cell carcinomaYongqing Shen
Laboratory of Iron Metabolism and Molecular Biology, College of Life Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang 050016, China
BMC Cancer 12:470. 2012The histone H3K27 demethylases UTX and JMJD3 are important regulatory factors that modulate gene expression by altering the physical state of chromatin...
- Aberrant promoter hypermethylation of PBRM1, BAP1, SETD2, KDM6A and other chromatin-modifying genes is absent or rare in clear cell RCCIlsiya Ibragimova
Cancer Epigenetics Program and Kidney Keystone Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Epigenetics 8:486-93. 2013..renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) have identified inactivating point mutations in the chromatin-modifying genes PBRM1, KDM6A/UTX, KDM5C/JARID1C, SETD2, MLL2 and BAP1...
- Histone demethylase UTX and chromatin remodeler BRM bind directly to CBP and modulate acetylation of histone H3 lysine 27Feng Tie
Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:2323-34. 2012..we show that H3K27ac levels also depend on other TrxG proteins, including the histone H3K27-specific demethylase UTX and the chromatin-remodeling ATPase Brahma (BRM)...
- Deletion of KDM6A, a histone demethylase interacting with MLL2, in three patients with Kabuki syndromeDamien Lederer
Centre de Genetique Humaine, Institut de Pathologie et Genetique, Charleroi, Belgium
Am J Hum Genet 90:119-24. 2012..Here, we describe three KS individuals with de novo partial or complete deletions of an X chromosome gene, KDM6A, that encodes a histone demethylase that interacts with MLL2...
- The C. elegans H3K27 demethylase UTX-1 is essential for normal development, independent of its enzymatic activityJulien Vandamme
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS Genet 8:e1002647. 2012..Here we report on the biological functions of UTX-1, the Caenorhabditis elegans homologue of mammalian UTX, a histone demethylase specific for H3K27me2/3...
- Uterus transplantation in a non-human primate: long-term follow-up after autologous transplantationL Johannesson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Hum Reprod 27:1640-8. 2012Uterus transplantation (UTx) may provide the first available treatment for women affected by uterine infertility...
- The mutational landscape of lethal castration-resistant prostate cancerCatherine S Grasso
Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 487:239-43. 2012..that physically interact with the AR, such as the ERG gene fusion product, FOXA1, MLL2, UTX (also known as KDM6A) and ASXL1 were found to be mutated in CRPC...
- Effects of immunosuppression by cyclosporine A on allogenic uterine transplant in the ratKlaus Groth
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, S 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 163:97-103. 2012Research on uterine transplantation (UTx) is conducted in preparation for its introduction in the human as a treatment for absolute uterine factor infertility...
- Comparative expression analysis of the H3K27 demethylases, JMJD3 and UTX, with the H3K27 methylase, EZH2, in XenopusAkane Kawaguchi
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology NAIST, Ikoma, Nara, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 56:295-300. 2012..activation of developmental genes; however, the extent of embryonic expression of its demethylases, JMJD3 and UTX, has remained unclear...
- X-linked H3K27me3 demethylase Utx is required for embryonic development in a sex-specific mannerG Grant Welstead
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:13004-9. 2012..It has been suggested that the recently discovered class of histone demethylases (UTX and JMJD3) that specifically target the repressive H3K27me3 modification play an important role in the activation ..
- Histone recognition and nuclear receptor co-activator functions of Drosophila cara mitad, a homolog of the N-terminal portion of mammalian MLL2 and MLL3Chhavi Chauhan
Oncology Institute, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University of Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Development 139:1997-2008. 2012..requires chromatin binding by CMI, methylation of H3K4 by TRR and demethylation of H3K27 by the demethylase UTX. The evolutionary split of MLL2 into two distinct genes in Drosophila provides important insight into distinct ..
- Jumonji domain-containing protein 3 regulates histone 3 lysine 27 methylation during bovine preimplantation developmentSebastian Canovas
Laboratorio Andaluz de Reprogramación Celular, Consejeria de Salud, Junta de Andalucia, 41092 Seville, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:2400-5. 2012..Jumonji domain-containing protein 3 (JMJD3), but not ubiquitously transcribed tetratricopeptide repeat X (UTX), present high transcript levels in oocytes...
- UTX, a histone H3-lysine 27 demethylase, acts as a critical switch to activate the cardiac developmental programSeunghee Lee
Pediatric Neuroscience Research Program, Papé Family Pediatric Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Dev Cell 22:25-37. 2012..Here we show that UTX, a H3K27 demethylase, acts as a critical switch to promote a cardiac-specific gene program...
- Uterine transplantation research: laboratory protocols for clinical applicationC Diaz-Garcia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg SE 41345, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 18:68-78. 2012..clinical organ transplantation today, as well as the major findings of recent experimental uterus transplantation (UTx) research regarding organ donation/retrieval, ischemic preservation, surgical techniques for anastomosis, ..
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia and atypical chronic myeloid leukemia: novel pathogenetic lesionsHideki Muramatsu
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Semin Oncol 39:67-73. 2012..proliferation signaling (CBL, RAS, RUNX1, JAK2 (V617F)) and with modification of epigenetic status (TET2, ASXL1, UTX, EZH2) have been found...
- Uterine transplantation: one human case followed by a decade of experimental research in animal modelsAsh Hanafy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Griffith University, 16 30 High Street, Southport, QLD 4215, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 51:199-203. 2011Uterine transplantation (UTx) aims to treat unconditional uterine factor infertility by replacing a non-functioning or non-existing uterus. After one attempt of UTx in the human 10 years ago, intensive research has been performed...
- Current status of surrogacy in Japan and uterine transplantation researchIori Kisu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 158:135-40. 2011..Uterine transplantation (UTx) is a potential alternative for young women with uterine factor infertility due to hysterectomy for treatment of a ..
- Enzyme kinetic studies of histone demethylases KDM4C and KDM6A: towards understanding selectivity of inhibitors targeting oncogenic histone demethylasesJan B L Kristensen
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
FEBS Lett 585:1951-6. 2011To investigate ligand selectivity between the oncogenic KDM4C and tumor repressor protein KDM6A histone demethylases, KDM4C and KDM6A were enzymatically characterized, and subsequently, four compounds were tested for inhibitory effects...
- Bromodomain protein 7 interacts with PRMT5 and PRC2, and is involved in transcriptional repression of their target genesSookil Tae
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, OH 43210, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 39:5424-38. 2011..RDM) JMJD6, which can erase PRMT5-induced H4R3 methylation, and the H3K27-lysine-specific demethylases, KDM6A/UTX and KDM6B/JMJD3, are differentially recruited to ST7 and RBL2...
- Sequencing a mouse acute promyelocytic leukemia genome reveals genetic events relevant for disease progressionLukas D Wartman
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stem Cell Biology Section, Washington University School of Medicine, Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1445-55. 2011..We also discovered a somatic 150-kb deletion involving the lysine (K)-specific demethylase 6A (Kdm6a, also known as Utx) gene, in the mouse APL genome...
- Frequent mutations of chromatin remodeling genes in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderYaoting Gui
Guangdong and Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Male Reproductive Medicine and Genetics, Institute of Urology, Peking University Shenzhen Hospital, Shenzhen PKU HKUST Medical Center, Shenzhen, China
Nat Genet 43:875-8. 2011..Notably, we identified genetic aberrations of the chromatin remodeling genes (UTX, MLL-MLL3, CREBBP-EP300, NCOR1, ARID1A and CHD6) in 59% of our 97 subjects with TCC...
- Mutational spectrum analysis of chronic myelomonocytic leukemia includes genes associated with epigenetic regulation: UTX, EZH2, and DNMT3AAnna M Jankowska
Department of Translational Hematology and Oncology Research, Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Blood 118:3932-41. 2011..At least 1 mutation was found in 86% of all cases; novel UTX, DNMT3A, and EZH2 mutations were found in 8%, 10%, and 5.5% of patients, respectively...
- The H3K27 demethylase UTX-1 regulates C. elegans lifespan in a germline-independent, insulin-dependent mannerTravis J Maures
Department of Genetics, Stanford University, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Aging Cell 10:980-90. 2011..These findings identify the H3K27me3 histone demethylase UTX-1 as a novel regulator of worm lifespan in somatic cells.
- Consequences from emotional stimulus on breathing for singingViggo Pettersen
Department of Music and Dance, University of Stavanger, Stavanger, Norway
J Voice 23:295-303. 2009..RC], lateral abdomen [OBL], and lower lateral abdomen [LOBL]) muscle activity and trunk wall (upper thorax [UTX], lower thorax [LTX], and abdomen [ABD]) movement...
- Genetics of myelodysplastic syndromes: new insightsTimothy Graubert
Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2011:543-9. 2011..interest is the recent recognition that genes involved in the regulation of histone function (EZH2, ASXL1, and UTX) and DNA methylation (DNMT3A, IDH1/IDH2, and TET2) are recurrently mutated in MDS, providing an important link ..
- Diverse ways to be specific: a novel Zn-binding domain confers substrate specificity to UTX/KDM6A histone H3 Lys 27 demethylaseEunji Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Nanoscience and Technology WCU, KAIST, Daejeon, South Korea
Genes Dev 25:2223-6. 2011..2266-2277) demonstrate that a novel Zn-binding domain and the Jumonji domain of UTX/KDM6A (Lys demethylase 6A) recognize histone H3 and together function as a substrate specificity determinant for H3K27 ..
- [An update on epigenetic regulator gene mutations and pathogenesis of myelodysplastic syndromes]Jie Yu Wang
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 19:1303-9. 2011..Recently, more and more epigenetic regulator gene such as TET2, ASXL1, EZH2, DNMT3A and UTX mutations were detected in patients with MDS: TET2 may convert 5-methylcytosine (5mC) to 5-hydroxymethylcytosine (..
- Structural basis for histone H3 Lys 27 demethylation by UTX/KDM6AToru Sengoku
RIKEN Systems and Structural Biology Center, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Japan
Genes Dev 25:2266-77. 2011..Here we report the crystal structures of the catalytic fragment of UTX/KDM6A, an H3K27me3/2-specific demethylase, in the free and H3 peptide-bound forms...
- Design, synthesis and destructive dynamic effects of BODIPY-containing and curcuminoid boron tracedrugs for neutron dynamic therapyEiji Nakata
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, Graduate School, The University of Tokushima, Minamijosanjimacho 2, Tokushima, 770 8506 Japan
Anticancer Res 31:2477-81. 2011We previously designed the boron tracedrugs UTX-42, UTX-43, and UTX-44, which possess antioxidant potency...
- Evidence for alteration of EZH2, BMI1, and KDM6A and epigenetic reprogramming in human papillomavirus type 16 E6/E7-expressing keratinocytesPaula L Hyland
Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, United Kingdom
J Virol 85:10999-1006. 2011..In contrast, these cells show a reduction in global H3K27me3 levels in vitro, as well as upregulation of the KDM6A demethylase...
- H3K27 demethylation by JMJD3 at a poised enhancer of anti-apoptotic gene BCL2 determines ERα ligand dependencyAmy Svotelis
Departement de Biologie, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
EMBO J 30:3947-61. 2011..Our results describe a mechanism in which the epigenetic state of chromatin affects ligand dependency during ERα-regulated gene expression...
- Finding a needle in a haystack: whole genome sequencing and mutation discovery in murine modelsRaajit K Rampal
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program and Leukemia Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1255-8. 2011..a well-characterized APL mouse model to uncover somatic mutations in Jak1 and lysine (K)-specific demethylase 6A (Kdm6a, also known as Utx) in mice with APL and validated the ability of Jak1 mutations to cooperate with PML-RARA in APL...
- Updates in cytogenetics and molecular markers in MDSRamon V Tiu
Department of Translational Hematology and Oncology Research, Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, R40, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 6:126-35. 2011..Newly elucidated molecular abnormalities in MDS include mutations in CBL, TET2, ASXL1, IDH1/IDH2, EZH2, DNMT3A, and UTX. This review provides an update on the changing landscape of molecular and cytogenetic characterization in MDS and ..
- Groucho/transducin-like enhancer of split (TLE) family members interact with the yeast transcriptional co-repressor SSN6 and mammalian SSN6-related proteins: implications for evolutionary conservation of transcription repression mechanismsD Grbavec
Center for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, 3801 rue University, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2B4 Canada
Biochem J 337:13-7. 1999..These findings suggest that mammalian TLE and UTY/X proteins may mediate repression mechanisms similar to those performed by TUP1-SSN6 in yeast...
- H3K27 demethylases, at long lastTomek Swigut
Department of Chemical and Systems Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 131:29-32. 2007..2007; De Santa et al., 2007; Lan et al., 2007; Lee et al., 2007) identify the JmjC-domain proteins UTX and JMJD3 as H3K27-specific demethylases that remove this methyl mark, enabling the activation of genes involved in ..
- The BRCT-domain containing protein PTIP links PAX2 to a histone H3, lysine 4 methyltransferase complexSanjeevkumar R Patel
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Cell 13:580-92. 2007..Embryonic lethal ptip-null mutants and conditional mutants both show reduced levels of methylated H3K4. Thus, PTIP bridges DNA-binding developmental regulators to histone methyltransferase-dependent epigenetic regulation...
- Drosophila UTX is a histone H3 Lys27 demethylase that colocalizes with the elongating form of RNA polymerase IIEdwin R Smith
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 East 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1041-6. 2008..Our data indicate that dUTX is intimately associated with actively transcribed genes and may provide a paradigm for how H3K27 demethylation is required for the activation of preinitiated Pol II on transcriptionally poised genes...
- Influence of new Eurotransplant heart allocation policy on outcome of heart transplant candidates in GermanyTakeshi Komoda
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:1108-14. 2008..The Eurotransplant community adopted an urgency-based heart allocation algorithm in August 2000. The effect of the new allocation policy on critically ill patients with end-stage heart failure was studied...
- Somatic mutations of the histone H3K27 demethylase gene UTX in human cancerGijs van Haaften
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK
Nat Genet 41:521-3. 2009..Here, we describe inactivating somatic mutations in the histone lysine demethylase gene UTX, pointing to histone H3 lysine methylation deregulation in multiple tumor types...
- A systematic, large-scale resequencing screen of X-chromosome coding exons in mental retardationPatrick S Tarpey
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 41:535-43. 2009..The study has, however, also highlighted issues confronting whole-genome sequencing screens, including the observation that loss of function of 1% or more of X-chromosome genes is compatible with apparently normal existence...
- Epigenetic reprogramming during wound healing: loss of polycomb-mediated silencing may enable upregulation of repair genesTanya Shaw
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
EMBO Rep 10:881-6. 2009..Suz12 are significantly downregulated during murine skin repair, whereas the newly described demethylases Jmjd3 and Utx are markedly upregulated...
- Design of a bioreductively-activated fluorescent pH probe for tumor hypoxia imagingEiji Nakata
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, Graduate School, The University of Tokushima, Minamijosanjimacho 2, Tokushima 770 8506, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 17:6952-8. 2009We have designed and evaluated UTX-12 as a novel fluorescent pH probe for tumor hypoxia imaging...
- UTX and JMJD3 are histone H3K27 demethylases involved in HOX gene regulation and developmentKarl Agger
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Nature 449:731-4. 2007..Here we show that the human JmjC-domain-containing proteins UTX and JMJD3 demethylate tri-methylated Lys 27 on histone H3...
- PTIP associates with MLL3- and MLL4-containing histone H3 lysine 4 methyltransferase complexYoung Wook Cho
Nuclear Receptor Biology Section, Clinical Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 282:20395-406. 2007..SET domain-containing HMTs MLL3 and MLL4, and substoichiometric amount of JmjC domain-containing putative histone demethylase UTX. PTIP complex carries robust HMT activity and specifically methylates lysine 4 (K4) on histone H3...
- Indoxyl sulfate induces skeletal resistance to parathyroid hormone in cultured osteoblastic cellsT Nii-Kono
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Kidney Int 71:738-43. 2007..In the present study, we focused on the accumulation of uremic toxins (UTx) in blood, and examined whether indoxyl sulfate (IS), a UTx, is associated with PTH resistance...
- Molecular and genetic analysis of the Tribolium Ultrabithorax ortholog, UltrathoraxR L Bennett
Zoology Department, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Dev Genes Evol 209:608-19. 1999..Phenotypic analysis of mutant variants of the Ultrathorax (Utx) gene, and its location within the beetle HOM-C, strongly supports Utx being the Tribolium ortholog of Ubx...
- Deletion and expression analysis of AZFa genes on the human Y chromosome revealed a major role for DBY in male infertilityC Foresta
University of Padova, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Clinica Medica 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 9:1161-9. 2000..This hypothesis is further supported by the high similarity of DBY to other DEAD box proteins belonging to the PL10 subclass...
- UTY gene codes for an HLA-B60-restricted human male-specific minor histocompatibility antigen involved in stem cell graft rejection: characterization of the critical polymorphic amino acid residues for T-cell recognitionM H Vogt
Departments of Hematology and Immunohematology and Bloodbank, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 96:3126-32. 2000..Although the epitope differed by 3 amino acids from its X-homologue, UTX, only 2 polymorphisms were essential for recognition by the CTL clone HLA-B60 HY...
- Sex differences in sex chromosome gene expression in mouse brainJun Xu
Department of Physiological Science and Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology of the Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1606, USA
Hum Mol Genet 11:1409-19. 2002..Six X-linked homologues (Usp9x, Ube1x, Smcx, Eif2s3x, Utx and Dbx) were also expressed in brain, and in adulthood all of these transcripts were expressed at significantly ..
- Sex differences in structure and expression of the sex chromosome genes CHD1Z and CHD1W in zebra finchesRobert J Agate
Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Mol Biol Evol 21:384-96. 2004..These differences between CHD1Z and CHD1W suggest that the two proteins may have diverged in their function...
- Impact of chemoradiotherapy-induced anemia on survival in uniformly staged patients with locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusR D Hofheinz
Okologisches Zentrum, III, Medizinische Klinik, Fakultät für Klinische Medizin Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Germany
Onkologie 27:462-6. 2004....
- Positive and negative selection on mammalian Y chromosomesDave T Gerrard
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 22:1423-32. 2005..Taking positive selection into account, we demonstrate that purifying selection is less efficient in mammalian Y-linked genes compared to their X-linked homologues, suggesting that these genes continue to degenerate...
- Preliminary findings on the classical singer's use of the pectoralis major muscleViggo Pettersen
Department of Music and Dance, University of Stavanger, Stavanger, Norway
Folia Phoniatr Logop 58:427-39. 2006..The activity in the pectoralis major (PC) muscle and the phasing of PC activity to sternocleidomastoideus (STM) activity and upper thorax (UTX) movement were investigated.
- Dual role for the methyltransferase G9a in the maintenance of beta-globin gene transcription in adult erythroid cellsChandra Prakash Chaturvedi
The Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18303-8. 2009..Interestingly, the demethylase UTX is recruited to the beta(maj) (but not the E(y)) promoter where it antagonizes G9a-dependent H3K27 dimethylation...
- Experimental uterus transplantationMats Brannstrom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Hum Reprod Update 16:329-45. 2010Uterus transplantation (UTx) is developed in animal models as a future method to treat uterine factor infertility.
- Systematic sequencing of renal carcinoma reveals inactivation of histone modifying genesGillian L Dalgliesh
Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 463:360-3. 2010..known as KDM5C), a histone H3 lysine 4 demethylase-as well as mutations in the histone H3 lysine 27 demethylase, UTX (KMD6A), that we recently reported...
- The tumor suppressor Rb and its related Rbl2 genes are regulated by Utx histone demethylaseMinoru Terashima
Division of Functional Genomics, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Ishikawa, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 399:238-44. 2010b>Utx is a candidate tumor suppressor gene that encodes histone H3 lysine 27 (H3K27) demethylase...
- Regulating a master regulator: establishing tissue-specific gene expression in skeletal muscleArif Aziz
Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, CA
Epigenetics 5:691-5. 2010..where the transcriptional activators Mef2d and Six4 mediate recruitment of Trithorax Group proteins Ash2L/MLL2 and UTX to MyoD-bound promoters to overcome the Polycomb-mediated repression of muscle genes...
- Reversible histone methylation regulates brain gene expression and behaviorJun Xu
Tufts University, Department of Biomedical Sciences, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Horm Behav 59:383-92. 2011..Some chromatin enzymes, such as histone demethylases JARID1C and UTX, are coded by X-linked genes which are not X-inactivated in females...
- [Molecular mechanisms involved in epigenetic alterations in cancer]Minoru Toyota
Dept of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 37:1650-3. 2010..Mutations of DNA methyltransferase and histone modification enzymes such as DNMT3A, UTX and EZH2 have been shown in various types of tumors...
- Genetic and epigenetic underpinnings of sex differences in the brain and in neurological and psychiatric disease susceptibilityIrfan A Qureshi
Rosyln and Leslie Goldstein Laboratory for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Prog Brain Res 186:77-95. 2010..function of epigenetic factors such as the methyl-CpG-binding protein, MeCP2, and the histone-modifying enzymes, UTX and UTY, are sexually dimorphic in the brain. ncRNAs are also implicated in promoting sex differences...
- Jmjd3 and UTX play a demethylase-independent role in chromatin remodeling to regulate T-box family member-dependent gene expressionSara A Miller
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Cell 40:594-605. 2010..In this study, we show that the H3K27 demethylases, Jmjd3 and UTX, mediate a functional interaction between the lineage-defining T-box transcription factor family and a Brg1-..
- Pregnancy after syngeneic uterus transplantation and spontaneous mating in the ratCaiza A Wranning
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Hum Reprod 26:553-8. 2011Uterus transplantation (UTx) research aims towards the introduction of UTx as a treatment for uterine factor infertility...
- Role of H3K27 demethylases Jmjd3 and UTX in transcriptional regulationM R Hübner
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 75:43-9. 2010..The histone H3 lysine 27 (H3K27) demethylases Jmjd3 and UTX remove the gene-inactivating H3K27 dimethyl and trimethyl marks and are involved in inducing and/or maintaining ..
- Human papillomavirus E7 oncoprotein induces KDM6A and KDM6B histone demethylase expression and causes epigenetic reprogrammingMargaret E McLaughlin-Drubin
Infectious Diseases Division, Department of Medicine, The Channing Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2130-5. 2011..This is caused by transcriptional induction of the KDM6A and KDM6B histone 3 lysine 27-specific demethylases...
- Uterus transplantation in the baboon: methodology and long-term function after auto-transplantationA Enskog
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Göteborg S 413 45, Sweden
Hum Reprod 25:1980-7. 2010Techniques for uterus transplantation (UTx) have been developed in rodent/domestic animals towards future clinical introduction of UTx to treat uterine factor infertility...
- Tumor suppression by the histone demethylase UTXMiao Chih Tsai
Stanford University School of Medicine Stanford, CA
Cell Cycle 9:2043-4. 2010..Comment on: Wang JK, et al. Genes Dev 2010; 24:327-32...
- Follow-up of potential novel Graves' disease susceptibility loci, identified in the UK WTCCC genome-wide nonsynonymous SNP studyPaul R Newby
Centre for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 18:1021-6. 2010..remained in the combined collection of 5924 subjects for four of the nsSNPs, present within HDLBP, TEKT1, JSRP1 and UTX. An additional 29 Tag SNPs were screened within these four gene regions to determine if further associations could ..
- Somatic mutations altering EZH2 (Tyr641) in follicular and diffuse large B-cell lymphomas of germinal-center originRyan D Morin
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nat Genet 42:181-5. 2010..After the recent discovery of mutations in KDM6A (UTX), which encodes the histone H3K27me3 demethylase UTX, in several cancer types, EZH2 is the second histone ..
- The histone demethylase UTX enables RB-dependent cell fate controlJordon K Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Program in Epithelial Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 24:327-32. 2010Trimethylation of histone H3 on Lys 27 (H3K27me3) is key for cell fate regulation. The H3K27me3 demethylase UTX functions in development and tumor suppression with undefined mechanisms...
- Design of novel hypoxia-targeting IDO hybrid inhibitors conjugated with an unsubstituted L-TRP as an IDO affinity moietyHitomi Nakashima
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, Graduate School, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima 770 8506, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 662:415-21. 2010..an unsubstituted L-Trp as an IDO affinity moiety without inhibitor 1MT, such as L-Trp-TPZ hybrids 1 (TX-2274), 2 (UTX-3), 3 (UTX-4), and 4 (UTX-2)...
- The H3K27me3 demethylase dUTX is a suppressor of Notch- and Rb-dependent tumors in DrosophilaHans Martin Herz
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate Program in Genes and Development, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1000, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:2485-97. 2010..27 of histone H3 (H3K27me3) is an epigenetic mark for gene silencing and can be demethylated by the JmjC domain of UTX. Excessive H3K27me3 levels can cause tumorigenesis, but little is known about the mechanisms leading to those ..
- UTX mediates demethylation of H3K27me3 at muscle-specific genes during myogenesisShayesta Seenundun
Regenerative Medicine Program, Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
EMBO J 29:1401-11. 2010..Here, we demonstrate a two-step mechanism for UTX-mediated demethylation at muscle-specific genes during myogenesis...
- Regulation of H3K27me3 and H3K4me3 during early porcine embryonic developmentYu Gao
Department of Basic Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Reprod Dev 77:540-9. 2010..the expression of H3K27me3's methyltransferase (EZH2), EZH2 co-factors (EED and SUZ12) and demethylases (JMJD3 and UTX), as well as H3K4me3's methylases (ASH1L and MLL1) and demethylase (RBP2) in porcine pre-implantation embryos...
- Crosstalk between histone modifications maintains the developmental pattern of gene expression on a tissue-specific locusAlison M Hosey
The Sprott Center for Stem Cell Research, Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, CA
Epigenetics 5:273-81. 2010..Specifically, we focus on how seemingly antagonistic complexes, such as those including MLL2, G9a and UTX, can cooperate to functionally regulate developmentally controlled gene expression...
- Exome sequencing identifies frequent mutation of the SWI/SNF complex gene PBRM1 in renal carcinomaIgnacio Varela
Cancer Genome Project, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 469:539-42. 2011..genes by PCR-based exon re-sequencing identified several new cancer genes in ccRCC including UTX (also known as KDM6A), JARID1C (also known as KDM5C) and SETD2 (ref. 2)...
- Role of UTX in escape from X inactivationJOEL BRADFORD BERLETCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..We proposethat removal of this repressive histone modification by the histone de-methylases UTX and JMJD3 is an essential part of escape from X inactivation. We will pursue the following three aims: Aim1...
- Roles of Histone H3K27 demethylases in germ cell epigenetic developmentKARL BRYAN SHPARGEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..I hypothesize that Utx and JmjdS H3K27 demethylases are required in the early mammalian embryo and will prove essential for reprogramming ..
- ACQUISTION OF A CYTOMATION MOFLO CELL SORTERTimothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2001..An advisory committee will oversee management of the cell sorter and ensure its long-term stability as a resource for the medical school...
- GENETIC TARGETING OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSTimothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term goal of this investigator is to study the molecular bases of hematopoiesis and leukemogenesis as an active member of a clinical Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Division. ..
- Acquistion of an inFlux GMP cell sorter.Timothy Graubert; Fiscal Year: 2005..This instrument will provide added value for many funded projects at Washington University that collectively accounted for over $328M in total awards from the NIH in 2002, placing it third among medical centers in the United States. ..
- Role of HPV16 E7/E2F6 interaction in viral oncogenesisMargaret McLaughlin Drubin; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will further the understanding of how viral proteins interact with cellular factors to induce cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..