Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KCNB1
Description: potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily B member 1
Alias: DRK1, Kv2.1, potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily B member 1, delayed rectifier potassium channel 1, potassium voltage-gated channel, Shab-related subfamily, member 1, voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv2.1
Publications106 found, 100 shown here
- Consiglio J, Korn S. Influence of permeant ions on voltage sensor function in the Kv2.1 potassium channel. J Gen Physiol. 2004;123:387-400 pubmed..These results provide strong evidence for a direct functional interaction, which is modulated by permeant ions acting at the selectivity filter, between the outer vestibule of the Kv2.1 potassium channel and the voltage sensor. ..
- Weigel A, Tamkun M, Krapf D. Anomalous diffusion of kv2.1 channels observed by single molecule tracking in live cells. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2010;2010:3005-8 pubmed publisher..The effect of actin cytoskeleton on the diffusion properties of the channels is also investigated in the presence of cytochalasin D, a F-actin binding drug that blocks actin polymerization. ..
- Jepps T, Carr G, Lundegaard P, Olesen S, Greenwood I. Fundamental role for the KCNE4 ancillary subunit in Kv7.4 regulation of arterial tone. J Physiol. 2015;593:5325-40 pubmed publisher..The present study is the first to demonstrate an integral role of KCNE4 in regulating the function and expression of Kv7.4 in vascular smooth muscle. ..
- Bocksteins E, Ottschytsch N, Timmermans J, Labro A, Snyders D. Functional interactions between residues in the S1, S4, and S5 domains of Kv2.1. Eur Biophys J. 2011;40:783-93 pubmed publisher..1 channel maturation. These data support the view of an anchoring interaction between S1 and S5, but indicate that this interaction surface is more extensive than previously proposed. ..
- Ihara Y, Tomonoh Y, Deshimaru M, Zhang B, Uchida T, Ishii A, et al. Retigabine, a Kv7.2/Kv7.3-Channel Opener, Attenuates Drug-Induced Seizures in Knock-In Mice Harboring Kcnq2 Mutations. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150095 pubmed publisher..RTG or other Kv7.2-channel openers may be considered as first-line antiepileptic treatments for epilepsies resulting from KCNQ2 mutations. ..
- Hyltén Cavallius L, Iepsen E, Wewer Albrechtsen N, Svendstrup M, Lubberding A, Hartmann B, et al. Patients With Long-QT Syndrome Caused by Impaired hERG-Encoded Kv11.1 Potassium Channel Have Exaggerated Endocrine Pancreatic and Incretin Function Associated With Reactive Hypoglycemia. Circulation. 2017;135:1705-1719 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, glucose ingestion increased QT interval and aggravated the cardiac repolarization disturbances in LQT2 patients. URL: http://clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT02775513. ..
- Fletcher E, Simon C, Pagiazitis J, Chalif J, Vukojicic A, Drobac E, et al. Reduced sensory synaptic excitation impairs motor neuron function via Kv2.1 in spinal muscular atrophy. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:905-916 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a key role of excitatory synaptic drive in shaping the function of motor neurons during development and the contribution of its disruption to a neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Jensen C, Watanabe S, Stas J, Klaphaak J, Yamane A, Schmitt N, et al. Trafficking of Kv2.1 Channels to the Axon Initial Segment by a Novel Non-Conventional Secretory Pathway. J Neurosci. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This raises the possibility that the destination of a channel protein can be dynamically regulated via changes in posttranslational modification, which would impact the excitability of specific membrane compartments...
- Bhuyan R, Seal A. Molecular dynamics of Kv1.3 ion channel and structural basis of its inhibition by scorpion toxin-OSK1 derivatives. Biophys Chem. 2015;203-204:1-11 pubmed publisher..We believe that the insights came from Kv1.3-OSK1 interaction will be valuable in pharmacological studies for strategic development of both potent and selective therapeutic drugs against T-cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- Fellerhoff Losch B, Korol S, Ganor Y, Gu S, Cooper I, Eilam R, et al. Normal human CD4(+) helper T cells express Kv1.1 voltage-gated K(+) channels, and selective Kv1.1 block in T cells induces by itself robust TNFÎ± production and secretion and activation of the NFÎºB non-canonical pathway. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2016;123:137-57 pubmed publisher..induce recruitment and extravasation of curative immune cells and factors; c. improve accessibility of drugs to the brain and few peripheral organs thanks to TNFÎ±-induced increased permeability of organ's barriers. ..
- Koge J, Hayashi S, Murai H, Yokoyama J, Mizuno Y, Uehara T, et al. Morvan's syndrome and myasthenia gravis related to familial Mediterranean fever gene mutations. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:68 pubmed publisher..The present case illustrates a possible link between auto-inflammation and auto-antibody-mediated neurological diseases. ..
- Yu Y, Hasegawa D, Fujiwara Igarashi A, Hamamoto Y, Mizoguchi S, Kuwabara T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the family of feline leucine-rich glioma-inactivated (LGI) genes, and mutational analysis in familial spontaneous epileptic cats. BMC Vet Res. 2017;13:389 pubmed publisher..No co-segregation of the disease was found with any variant. We cloned the cDNAs of the four feline LGI genes, analyzed the amino acid sequences, and revealed that epilepsy in FSEC is not a monogenic disorder associated with LGI genes. ..
- Conner L, Alvarez P, Bogen O, Levine J. Role of Kv4.3 in Vibration-Induced Muscle Pain in the Rat. J Pain. 2016;17:444-50 pubmed publisher..3 may contribute to neuropathic pain in people affected by hand-arm vibration syndrome. Our findings establish Kv4.3 as a potential molecular target for the treatment of hand-arm vibration syndrome. ..
- MenÃ©ndez S, Villaronga M, Rodrigo J, Ãlvarez Teijeiro S, Urdinguio R, Fraga M, et al. HERG1A potassium channel is the predominant isoform in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas: evidence for regulation by epigenetic mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19666 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that HERG1A is the predominant and disease-relevant isoform in HNSCC progression, while histone acetylation emerges as an important regulatory mechanism underlying Kv gene expression. ..
- Barone D, Krieger A. Sleep disturbances in voltage-gated potassium channel antibody syndrome. Sleep Med. 2016;21:171-3 pubmed publisher..The prompt recognition and treatment of this condition may prevent the morbidity associated with cerebral atrophy and the mortality associated with intractable seizures and electrolyte disturbances. ..
- Kopljar I, Grottesi A, de Block T, Rainier J, Tytgat J, Labro A, et al. Voltage-sensor conformation shapes the intra-membrane drug binding site that determines gambierol affinity in Kv channels. Neuropharmacology. 2016;107:160-167 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these findings explain the observed difference in gambierol affinity for the closed and open channel configurations of Kv3.1, opening new possibilities for exploring the VSDs as selectivity determinants in drug design. ..
- Lawry S, Tebbets B, Kean I, Stewart D, Hetelle J, Klein B. Fludioxonil Induces Drk1, a Fungal Group III Hybrid Histidine Kinase, To Dephosphorylate Its Downstream Target, Ypd1. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..We expressed Drk1 (dimorphism-regulating kinase), which is an intracellular group III HHK from the fungal pathogen Blastomyces ..
- Grishkan I, Tosi D, Bowman M, Harary M, Calabresi P, Gocke A. Antigenic Stimulation of Kv1.3-Deficient Th Cells Gives Rise to a Population of Foxp3-Independent T Cells with Suppressive Properties. J Immunol. 2015;195:1399-1407 pubmed publisher..This increased understanding could contribute to the development of novel therapies for MS patients that promote heightened immune regulation. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang R, Zeng X, Song C. The inhibitory effect of propofol on Kv2.1 potassium channel in rat parietal cortical neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2016;616:93-7 pubmed publisher..1 protein level at 30Î¼M, 50Î¼M, 100Î¼M concentration. In conclusion, our data showed that propofol could inhibit Ik, probably via depressing the expression of Kv2.1 protein in rat cerebral parietal cortical neurons. ..
- Argenziano M, Tiscornia G, Moretta R, Casal L, Potilinski C, Amorena C, et al. Arrhythmogenic effect of androgens on the rat heart. J Physiol Sci. 2017;67:217-225 pubmed..Our results indicate that androgenic control of NCX expression plays a key role in determining arrhythmogenicity in the rat heart. ..
- Lou K, Hsieh M, Chen W, Cheng Y, Jian J, Lee M, et al. Hanatoxin inserts into phospholipid membranes without pore formation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017;1859:917-923 pubmed publisher..Our current study thus describes the interaction pattern of HaTx with vesicle membranes, defining a membrane-partitioning mechanism for peptide insertion involving the membrane hydrocarbon core without pore formation. ..
- Hansen N, Ernst L, RÃ¼ber T, Widman G, Becker A, Elger C, et al. Pre- and long-term postoperative courses of hippocampus-associated memory impairment in epilepsy patients with antibody-associated limbic encephalitis and selective amygdalohippocampectomy. Epilepsy Behav. 2018;79:93-99 pubmed publisher..Particular caution is recommended in patients with GAD65-LE. ..
- Stas J, Bocksteins E, Labro A, Snyders D. Modulation of Closed-State Inactivation in Kv2.1/Kv6.4 Heterotetramers as Mechanism for 4-AP Induced Potentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0141349 pubmed publisher..1/Kv6.4 channels. ..
- Frazzini V, Guarnieri S, Bomba M, Navarra R, Morabito C, MariggiÃ² M, et al. Altered Kv2.1 functioning promotes increased excitability in hippocampal neurons of an Alzheimer's disease mouse model. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2100 pubmed publisher..1 channels. These processes can be part on the increased neuronal excitability of these neurons. These steps may set a deleterious vicious circle that eventually helps to promote excitotoxic damage found in the AD brain. ..
- Tao H, Chen X, Deng M, Xiao Y, Wu Y, Liu Z, et al. Interaction site for the inhibition of tarantula Jingzhaotoxin-XI on voltage-gated potassium channel Kv2.1. Toxicon. 2016;124:8-14 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the in-depth investigation of the subtle differences in molecular determinants may be useful for increasing our understanding of the molecular details regarding toxin-channel interactions. ..
- Schönewolf Greulich B, Bisgaard A, Møller R, Dunø M, Brøndum Nielsen K, Kaur S, et al. Clinician's guide to genes associated with Rett-like phenotypes - Investigation of a Danish cohort and review of the literature. Clin Genet. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We also found a patient with a pathogenic variant in KCNB1, which has not previously been linked to a Rett-like phenotype...
- Ru Q, Li W, Xiong Q, Chen L, Tian X, Li C. Voltage-gated potassium channel blocker 4-aminopyridine induces glioma cell apoptosis by reducing expression of microRNA-10b-5p. Mol Biol Cell. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Current data provide evidence that miRNAs play important roles in Kv channels-mediated cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- He K, McCord M, Hartnett K, Aizenman E. Regulation of Pro-Apoptotic Phosphorylation of Kv2.1 K+ Channels. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0129498 pubmed publisher..1, and vice versa, suggesting possible new avenues for modifying the apoptotic insertion of these channels during neurodegenerative processes. ..
- Spear J, Koborssy D, Schwartz A, Johnson A, Audhya A, Fadool D, et al. Kv1.3 contains an alternative C-terminal ER exit motif and is recruited into COPII vesicles by Sec24a. BMC Biochem. 2015;16:16 pubmed publisher..These results expand upon previous studies aimed at deciphering the Kv1.3 secretory trafficking mechanisms and further show in vitro evidence of the association between Kv1.3 and the COPII cargo adaptor subunit isoform Sec24a. ..
- Savard M, Irani S, Guillemette A, Gosselin Lefebvre S, Geschwind M, Jansen G, et al. Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease-Like Periodic Sharp Wave Complexes in Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel-Complex Antibodies Encephalitis: A Case Report. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2016;33:e1-4 pubmed publisher..These clues are of paramount importance because VGKC-cAbs encephalitis is a treatable disease. ..
- ..The concept of autoantibody-mediated pain offers hope for the development of novel therapies for currently intractable pains. ..
- Shepard A, Rae J. Electrically silent potassium channel subunits from human lens epithelium. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:C412-24 pubmed..3 gene to 2p24. Each electrically silent subunit, when coexpressed with hKv2.l, slows deactivation and inactivation compared with hKv2. 1 expressed alone. In addition, each results in an increment in the single channel conductance. ..
- Mortensen L, Schmidt H, Farsi Z, Barrantes Freer A, Rubio M, Ufartes R, et al. KV 10.1 opposes activity-dependent increase in Ca²? influx into the presynaptic terminal of the parallel fibre-Purkinje cell synapse. J Physiol. 2015;593:181-96 pubmed publisher..We propose that KV 10.1 acts as a modulator of local AP shape specifically during high-frequency burst firing when other potassium channels suffer cumulative inactivation. ..
- ArÃ©chiga Figueroa I, Delgado RamÃrez M, MorÃ¡n Zendejas R, RodrÃguez Menchaca A. Modulation of Kv2.1 channels inactivation by curcumin. Pharmacol Rep. 2015;67:1273-9 pubmed publisher..Curcumin inhibition of Kv2.1 current was not use-dependent. Overall, our data suggest that curcumin inhibits Kv2.1 channels by modulating the inactivation gating, which would be expected to impact cellular physiology. ..
- Bei F, Lee H, Liu X, Gunner G, Jin H, Ma L, et al. Restoration of Visual Function by Enhancing Conduction in Regenerated Axons. Cell. 2016;164:219-232 pubmed publisher..Thus, enhancing both regeneration and conduction effectively improves function after retinal axon injury. ..
- ..Although more research must be done to understand better the role of autoantibodies in autoimmune disease related pain, this may be a promising area of research for new analgesic therapeutic targets. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Chen A, Meliza C. Phasic and Tonic Cell Types in the Zebra Finch Auditory Caudal Mesopallium. J Neurophysiol. 2017;:jn.00694.2017 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that intrinsic dynamics in CM are matched to the temporal statistics of conspecific song...
- Delgado RamÃrez M, De JesÃºs PÃ©rez J, ArÃ©chiga Figueroa I, Arreola J, Adney S, Villalba Galea C, et al. Regulation of Kv2.1 channel inactivation by phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate. Sci Rep. 2018;8:1769 pubmed publisher..1. We propose that PIP2 regulates Kv2.1 channels by interfering with the inactivation mechanism. ..
- Clemens K, Yeh C, Aizenman E. Critical role of Casein kinase 2 in hepatitis C NS5A-mediated inhibition of Kv2.1 K(+) channel function. Neurosci Lett. 2015;609:48-52 pubmed publisher..1 function. This suggests that the modulation of NS5A function by CK2 may be a component of HCV unique to the regulation of apoptosis. ..
- Shi J, Jin L, Leng J, Lang J. [Response of potassium channels to estrogen and progesterone in the uterine smooth muscle cells of adenomyosis in vitro]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2015;50:843-7 pubmed..05). There is an abnormal expression of potassium channels in the adenomyosis USMC, which is regulated by high concentration of estrogen and might be resistant to progesterone. ..
- Haloi K, Kalita M, Nath R, Devi D. Characterization and pathogenicity assessment of gut-associated microbes of muga silkworm Antheraea assamensis Helfer (Lepidoptera: Saturniidae). J Invertebr Pathol. 2016;138:73-85 pubmed publisher..Pseudomonas aeruginosa (DRK1), Ornithinibacillus bavariensis (DRK2), Achromobacter xylosoxidans (KH3) and Staphylococcus aureus (FLG1) strains ..
- Wang H, Wang W, Liu Y, Li M, Liang T, Li J, et al. Role of KCNB1 in the prognosis of gliomas and autophagy modulation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14 pubmed publisher..We identified KCNB1 as a novel ion gene, associated with malignant progression and favorable overall survival (OS) and progression-..
- Jukkola P, Lovett Racke A, Zamvil S, Gu C. K+ channel alterations in the progression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Neurobiol Dis. 2012;47:280-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies reveal myelin-dependent and -independent alterations of Kv channels in the progression of EAE and lay a solid foundation for future study in search of a better treatment for MS. ..
- Tur J, Badole S, Cheng F, Das A, Kukreja R, Tipparaju S. Corticosteroids and aldose reductase inhibitor Epalrestat modulates cardiac action potential via Kv?1.1 (AKR6A8) subunit of voltage-gated potassium channel. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;436:71-78 pubmed publisher..1 knock out mouse. Our results show that pharmacological modulation of cardiac electrical activity by cortisone analogs and epalrestat is mediated by Kv?1.1. ..
- Leung Y, Kang Y, Xia F, Sheu L, Gao X, Xie H, et al. Open form of syntaxin-1A is a more potent inhibitor than wild-type syntaxin-1A of Kv2.1 channels. Biochem J. 2005;387:195-202 pubmed..1 channel. Such stronger inhibition by the open form of Syn-1A may limit K+ efflux and thus decelerate membrane repolarization during exocytosis, leading to optimization of insulin release. ..
- Mankouri J, Dallas M, Hughes M, Griffin S, Macdonald A, Peers C, et al. Suppression of a pro-apoptotic K+ channel as a mechanism for hepatitis C virus persistence. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15903-8 pubmed publisher..1. The inhibition of a host cell K(+) channel by a viral protein is a hitherto undescribed viral anti-apoptotic mechanism and represents a potential target for antiviral therapy. ..
- Jin L, Boyd B, Larson I, Pennington M, Norton R, Nicolazzo J. Enabling Noninvasive Systemic Delivery of the Kv1.3-Blocking Peptide HsTX1[R14A] via the Buccal Mucosa. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:2173-9 pubmed publisher..9 Â± 9.7 and 31.0 Â± 2.3 nMÂ·h, respectively. The buccal mucosa is a promising alternative administration route for the systemic delivery of HsTX1[R14A] for the treatment of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Yeh C, Bulas A, Moutal A, Saloman J, Hartnett K, Anderson C, et al. Targeting a Potassium Channel/Syntaxin Interaction Ameliorates Cell Death in Ischemic Stroke. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5648-5658 pubmed publisher..1 can be uniquely modulated to provide neuroprotection in an animal model of acute ischemic stroke. We thus reveal a novel therapeutic strategy for neurological disorders that are accompanied by Kv2.1-facilitated forms of cell death. ..
- Albrecht B, Lorra C, Stocker M, Pongs O. Cloning and characterization of a human delayed rectifier potassium channel gene. Receptors Channels. 1993;1:99-110 pubmedA human genomic DNA library was screened for sequences homologues to the rat delayed rectifier Kv 2.1 (DRK1) K+ channel cDNA. Three phages were isolated which hybridized to Kv 2.1 cDNA probes...
- Sano Y, Mochizuki S, Miyake A, Kitada C, Inamura K, Yokoi H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of Kv6.3, a novel modulatory subunit for voltage-gated K(+) channel Kv2.1. FEBS Lett. 2002;512:230-4 pubmed..1 channels. Immunoprecipitation studies indicated that Kv6.3 bound with Kv2.1 in co-transfected cells. These results indicate that Kv6.3 is a novel member of the voltage-gated K(+) channel which functions as a modulatory subunit. ..
- Mei Z, Mao H, Jiang L. Conserved cysteine residues in the pore region are obligatory for human TRPM2 channel function. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C1022-8 pubmed..These results taken together suggest that the cysteine residues in the pore region are obligatory for TRPM2 channel function...
- Torkamani A, Bersell K, Jorge B, Bjork R, Friedman J, Bloss C, et al. De novo KCNB1 mutations in epileptic encephalopathy. Ann Neurol. 2014;76:529-540 pubmed publisher..We identified a de novo missense mutation in KCNB1 that encodes the KV 2.1 voltage-gated potassium channel...
- Thiffault I, Speca D, Austin D, Cobb M, Eum K, Safina N, et al. A novel epileptic encephalopathy mutation in KCNB1 disrupts Kv2.1 ion selectivity, expression, and localization. J Gen Physiol. 2015;146:399-410 pubmed publisher..The patient was heterozygous for a de novo missense variant in the coding region of the KCNB1 gene, c.1133T>C. The variant encodes a V378A mutation in the Î± subunit of the Kv2...
- Shin S, Li H, An J, Seo M, Na S, Jung W, et al. Inhibition of the Voltage-Dependent K+ Current by the Tricyclic Antidepressant Desipramine in Rabbit Coronary Arterial Smooth Muscle Cells. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we concluded that desipramine directly inhibited the Kv channels in a dose- and state-dependent manner, but the effect was independent of norepinephrine/serotonin reuptake inhibition...
- Koide M, Moshkforoush A, Tsoukias N, Hill Eubanks D, Wellman G, Nelson M, et al. The yin and yang of KV channels in cerebral small vessel pathologies. Microcirculation. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Hugnot J, Salinas M, Lesage F, Guillemare E, De Weille J, Heurteaux C, et al. Kv8.1, a new neuronal potassium channel subunit with specific inhibitory properties towards Shab and Shaw channels. EMBO J. 1996;15:3322-31 pubmed..1 chimeras have indicated that association of Kv8.1 with other types of subunits is via its N-terminal domain...
- Park K, Mohapatra D, Trimmer J. Proteomic analyses of K(v)2.1 channel phosphorylation sites determining cell background specific differences in function. Channels (Austin). 2007;1:59-61 pubmed..1 in different cell types under basal conditions, and in the same cell type under basal versus stimulated conditions. ..
- Song M, Hong C, Bae S, So I, Park K. Dynamic modulation of the kv2.1 channel by SRC-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:1018-26 pubmed publisher..1 are crucial to regulating diverse aspects of Kv2.1 channel function and provide novel insights into molecular mechanisms for the regulation of Src-dependent modulation of Kv2.1 channels. ..
- Davis S, Thomas A, Liu L, Campbell I, Dierick H. Isolation of Aggressive Behavior Mutants in Drosophila Using a Screen for Wing Damage. Genetics. 2018;208:273-282 pubmed publisher..This simple screen can be used to dissect the molecular mechanisms underlying aggression. ..
- Thebaud B, Michelakis E, Wu X, Moudgil R, Kuzyk M, Dyck J, et al. Oxygen-sensitive Kv channel gene transfer confers oxygen responsiveness to preterm rabbit and remodeled human ductus arteriosus: implications for infants with patent ductus arteriosus. Circulation. 2004;110:1372-9 pubmed..Modulation of Kv channels may have therapeutic potential in diseases associated with impaired O2 responsiveness, including persistent DA. ..
- Adair B, Nunn R, Lewis S, Dukes I, Philipson L, Yeager M. Single particle image reconstruction of the human recombinant Kv2.1 channel. Biophys J. 2008;94:2106-14 pubmed publisher..1 may also represent a closed conformation. Substantial cytoplasmic density is closely associated with the T1 tetramerization domain and is ascribed to the approximately 184 kDa C-terminal regulatory domains within each tetramer. ..
- O Connell K, Loftus R, Tamkun M. Localization-dependent activity of the Kv2.1 delayed-rectifier K+ channel. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12351-6 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we propose unique roles for the clustered Kv2.1 that are independent of K(+) conductance. ..
- Shepherd A, Loo L, Mohapatra D. Chemokine co-receptor CCR5/CXCR4-dependent modulation of Kv2.1 channel confers acute neuroprotection to HIV-1 glycoprotein gp120 exposure. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76698 pubmed publisher..These observations shed new light on the intrinsic homeostatic mechanisms of neuronal resilience during the acute stages of neuro-HIV infections. ..
- Zhu X, Netzer R, Bohlke K, Liu Q, Pongs O. Structural and functional characterization of Kv6.2 a new gamma-subunit of voltage-gated potassium channel. Receptors Channels. 1999;6:337-50 pubmed..1/Kv6.2 channels was their submicromolar sensitivity to the antiarrhythmic drug propafenone. The data suggest that delayed-rectifier type channels containing Kv6.2 subunits may contribute to cardiac action potential repolarization. ..
- Godani M, Zoccarato M, Beronio A, Zuliani L, Benedetti L, Giometto B, et al. Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel Antibodies in Slow-Progression Motor Neuron Disease. Neurodegener Dis. 2017;17:59-62 pubmed..Recently, low titers of VGKC-complex Abs have also been reported in neurodegenerative disorders, but their clinical relevance is unknown...
- Konuskan B, Yildirim M, Topaloglu H, Erol I, Oztoprak U, Tan H, et al. Clinical presentation of anti-N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor and anti-voltage-gated potassium channel complex antibodies in children: A series of 24 cases. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2018;22:135-142 pubmed publisher..In contrast with adult cases, routine CSF testing, MRI and EEG did not contribute to the diagnosis in this series. ..
- Melis R, Stauffer D, Zhao X, Zhu X, Albrecht B, Pongs O, et al. Physical and genetic localization of a Shab subfamily potassium channel (KCNB1) gene to chromosomal region 20q13.2. Genomics. 1995;25:285-7 pubmed..2 eliminates it as a candidate for the gene associated with benign familial neonatal convulsions (BFNC), which has been localized to 20q13.3. Genetically, the K+ channel gene maps more than 30 cM proximal to the BFNC locus. ..
- Cornfield D, Saqueton C, Porter V, Herron J, Resnik E, Haddad I, et al. Voltage-gated K(+)-channel activity in ovine pulmonary vasculature is developmentally regulated. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2000;278:L1297-304 pubmed..We conclude that there are maturation-dependent changes in PASMC O(2) sensing that may render the adult PASMCs more responsive to acute hypoxia...
- Kurata H, Soon G, Eldstrom J, Lu G, Steele D, Fedida D. Amino-terminal determinants of U-type inactivation of voltage-gated K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29045-53 pubmed..1. These data suggest that intersubunit T1 domain interactions influence U-type inactivation in Kv1 channels, and suggest a generalized influence of the T1 domain on U-type inactivation between Kv channel subfamilies. ..
- Gomez Lagunas F. Quinidine interaction with Shab K+ channels: pore block and irreversible collapse of the K+ conductance. J Physiol. 2010;588:2691-706 pubmed publisher..1 per pulse at 80 mV. It appears that when Shab channels are open, the pore conformation able to conduct is stable in the absence of K(+), but on deactivation this conformation collapses irreversibly. ..
- Chen L, Bi D, Lu Z, McClafferty H, Shipston M. Distinct domains of the ?1-subunit cytosolic N terminus control surface expression and functional properties of large-conductance calcium-activated potassium (BK) channels. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:8694-8704 pubmed publisher..Thus cell surface trafficking and functional coupling with BK channels are controlled by distinct domains of the ?1-subunit N terminus. ..
- Stipoljev F, Miric Tesanic D, Hafner T, Barbalic M, Logara M, Lasan Trcić R, et al. Prenatal diagnosis of complex phenotype in a 13-week-old fetus with an interstitial multigene deletion 20q13.13.-q13.2 by chromosomal microarray. Eur J Med Genet. 2017;60:589-594 pubmed publisher..Deleted region included 38 genes, where only SALL4, ADNP and KCNB1 heterozygote pathogenic variants were described to be cause of syndromic forms...
- Dou Y, Macdonald L, Wu Y, Fedida D. The Fast Component of hERG Gating Charge: An Interaction between D411 in the S1 and S4 Residues. Biophys J. 2017;113:1979-1991 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the D411-S4 interactions destabilizes these early closed states, leaving hERG channels able to activate at a rate similar to conventional potassium channels. ..
- Tiran Z, Peretz A, Attali B, Elson A. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of Kv2.1 Channel activity at tyrosine 124 by Src and by protein-tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17509-14 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that Tyr(124) is a significant site at which the mutually antagonistic activities of Src and cyt-PTPepsilon affect Kv2.1 phosphorylation and activity. ..
- Khare S, Nick J, Zhang Y, Galeano K, Butler B, Khoshbouei H, et al. A KCNC3 mutation causes a neurodevelopmental, non-progressive SCA13 subtype associated with dominant negative effects and aberrant EGFR trafficking. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173565 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore confirm the KCNC3R423H allele as causative for SCA13, through a dominant negative effect on KCNC3WT and links with EGFR that account for dominant inheritance, congenital onset, and disease pathology. ..
- Aréchiga Figueroa I, Morán Zendejas R, Delgado Ramírez M, Rodríguez Menchaca A. Phytochemicals genistein and capsaicin modulate Kv2.1 channel gating. Pharmacol Rep. 2017;69:1145-1153 pubmed publisher..Some of these effects are derived from their action on transport proteins, including ion channels. The present study investigates the effects of the phytochemicals genistein and capsaicin on voltage-gated potassium Kv2.1 channels...
- Shen H, Bocksteins E, Kondrychyn I, Snyders D, Korzh V. Functional antagonism of voltage-gated K+ channel ?-subunits in the developing brain ventricular system. Development. 2016;143:4249-4260 pubmed..Electrophysiological studies suggest that Kcng4b mediates its effects via an antagonistic interaction with Kcnb1, the homologue of the electrically active delayed rectifier potassium channel subunit Kv2.1...
- de Kovel C, Syrbe S, Brilstra E, Verbeek N, Kerr B, Dubbs H, et al. Neurodevelopmental Disorders Caused by De Novo Variants in KCNB1 Genotypes and Phenotypes. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:1228-1236 pubmed publisherKnowing the range of symptoms seen in patients with a missense or loss-of-function variant in KCNB1 and how these symptoms correlate with the type of variant will help clinicians with diagnosis and prognosis when treating new patients...
- Wang C, Huang A, Zhou M, Mei Y. GDF15 regulates Kv2.1-mediated outward K+ current through the Akt/mTOR signalling pathway in rat cerebellar granule cells. Biochem J. 2014;460:35-47 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study reveal a novel regulation of Kv2.1 by GDF15 mediated through the TGF?RII-activated Akt/mTOR pathway, which is a previously uncharacterized Smad-independent mechanism of GDF15 signalling. ..
- Justice J, Schulien A, He K, Hartnett K, Aizenman E, Shah N. Disruption of KV2.1 somato-dendritic clusters prevents the apoptogenic increase of potassium currents. Neuroscience. 2017;354:158-167 pubmed publisher..1-somato-dendritic clusters in apoptogenic increases in KV2.1-mediated currents. ..
- Li Z, Mao Y, Liang L, Wu S, Yuan J, Mo K, et al. The transcription factor C/EBPÎ² in the dorsal root ganglion contributes to peripheral nerve trauma-induced nociceptive hypersensitivity. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that C/EBPÎ² is an endogenous initiator of neuropathic pain and could be a potential target for the prevention and treatment of this disorder. ..
- Moreels L, Peigneur S, Galan D, De Pauw E, Béress L, Waelkens E, et al. APETx4, a Novel Sea Anemone Toxin and a Modulator of the Cancer-Relevant Potassium Channel KV10.1. Mar Drugs. 2017;15: pubmed publisher..This newly identified KV10.1 inhibitor can be used as a tool to further characterize the oncogenic channel KV10.1 or as a scaffold for the design and synthesis of more potent and safer anticancer drugs. ..
- Wei H, Wu J, Liu Z. Studying KCNQ1 Mutation and Drug Response in Type 1 Long QT Syndrome Using Patient-Specific Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1684:7-28 pubmed publisher..1 defects, and evaluation of the effects of K+ channel-specific drugs...
- Post M, Kirsch G, Brown A. Kv2.1 and electrically silent Kv6.1 potassium channel subunits combine and express a novel current. FEBS Lett. 1996;399:177-82 pubmed..1. Our results indicate that Kv channel subfamilies can form heteromultimeric channels and, for the first time, suggest a possible functional role for the Kv6 subfamily. ..
- Peretz A, Gil Henn H, Sobko A, Shinder V, Attali B, Elson A. Hypomyelination and increased activity of voltage-gated K(+) channels in mice lacking protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. EMBO J. 2000;19:4036-45 pubmed..In all, PTP epsilon antagonizes activation of Kv channels by tyrosine kinases in vivo, and affects Schwann cell function during a critical period of Schwann cell growth and myelination. ..
- Kuryshev Y, Wible B, Gudz T, Ramirez A, Brown A. KChAP/Kvbeta1.2 interactions and their effects on cardiac Kv channel expression. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;281:C290-9 pubmed..2 may alter both sustained and transient cardiac Kv currents. The interaction of these two different classes of modulatory proteins may constitute a novel mechanism for regulating cardiac K+ currents...
- Barbalic M, Narancic N, Skaric Juric T, Salihović M, Klaric I, Lauc L, et al. A quantitative trait locus for SBP maps near KCNB1 and PTGIS in a population isolate. Am J Hypertens. 2009;22:663-8 pubmed publisher..04) in the British 1958 Birth Cohort. rs237484 is in proximity to the potassium voltage gate channel gene (KCNB1) and close to the prostaglandin I2 (prostacyclin) synthase gene (PTGIS)...
- Arnett D, Li N, Tang W, Rao D, Devereux R, Claas S, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies single-nucleotide polymorphism in KCNB1 associated with left ventricular mass in humans: the HyperGEN Study. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:43 pubmed publisher..05) associated with LV mass after correction for multiple testing. One SNP (rs756529) is intragenic within KCNB1, which is dephosphorylated by calcineurin, a previously reported candidate gene for LV hypertrophy within this ..
- David J, Stas J, Schmitt N, Bocksteins E. Auxiliary KCNE subunits modulate both homotetrameric Kv2.1 and heterotetrameric Kv2.1/Kv6.4 channels. Sci Rep. 2015;5:12813 pubmed publisher..1, Kv6.4 and KCNE5 subunits can be formed. In vivo, formation of such tripartite Kv2.1/Kv6.4/KCNE5 channel complexes might contribute to tissue-specific fine-tuning of excitability. ..
- Binks S, Klein C, Waters P, Pittock S, Irani S. LGI1, CASPR2 and related antibodies: a molecular evolution of the phenotypes. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Hence, we argue for a molecular evolution alongside a clinical and phenotypic re-evaluation...
- Chung J, Li M. Biochemical characterization of the native Kv2.1 potassium channel. FEBS J. 2005;272:3743-55 pubmed..1 subunits but not homologous Kv2.2 subunits. The proteins precipitated by anti-Kv2.1 and their physiological relevance are of interest for further investigation. ..
- Yang Y, Wang Y, Yang X, Wang Z, Lian Y, Yang Y, et al. Specific Kv1.3 blockade modulates key cholesterol-metabolism-associated molecules in human macrophages exposed to ox-LDL. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:34-43 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that specific Kv1.3 blockade represents a novel strategy modulating cholesterol metabolism in macrophages, which benefits the treatment of atherosclerotic lesions...