Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KATNA1
Description: katanin catalytic subunit A1
Alias: katanin p60 ATPase-containing subunit A1, katanin p60 (ATPase containing) subunit A 1, katanin p60 subunit A1, p60 katanin
- Jiang K, Hua S, Mohan R, Grigoriev I, Yau K, Liu Q, et al. Microtubule minus-end stabilization by polymerization-driven CAMSAP deposition. Dev Cell. 2014;28:295-309 pubmed publisher..Our data thus indicate that microtubule minus-end assembly drives the stabilization of noncentrosomal microtubules and that katanin regulates this process...
- Eckert T, Le D, Link S, Friedmann L, Woehlke G. Spastin's microtubule-binding properties and comparison to katanin. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50161 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that dimer formation is a crucial step in the formation of the active complex, and thus the severing process by spastin. ..
- Moretti R, Montagnani Marelli M, Mai S, Cariboni A, Scaltriti M, Bettuzzi S, et al. Clusterin isoforms differentially affect growth and motility of prostate cells: possible implications in prostate tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10325-33 pubmed..Thus, the antimotility activity of nCLU and its ability to cause dismantling of the actin cytoskeleton seem to be mediated by its binding to alpha-actinin. ..
- Syu L, Saltiel A. Lipotransin: a novel docking protein for hormone-sensitive lipase. Mol Cell. 1999;4:109-15 pubmed..Thus, lipotransin is a novel docking protein that may direct the hormonally regulated redistribution of hormone-sensitive lipase. ..
- Sudo H, Maru Y. LAPSER1/LZTS2: a pluripotent tumor suppressor linked to the inhibition of katanin-mediated microtubule severing. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2524-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that microtubule severing at centrosomes is a novel tumor-associated molecular subcircuit in cells, in which LAPSER1 is a regulator. ..
- Ye X, Lee Y, Choueiri M, Chu K, Huang C, Tsai W, et al. Aberrant expression of katanin p60 in prostate cancer bone metastasis. Prostate. 2012;72:291-300 pubmed publisher..Its expression in the metastatic cells in bone was associated with the re-emergence of a basal cell-like phenotype. The elevated katanin p60 expression may contribute to cancer cell metastasis via a stimulatory effect on cell motility. ..
- Iwaya N, Akiyama K, Goda N, Tenno T, Fujiwara Y, Hamada D, et al. Effect of Ca2+ on the microtubule-severing enzyme p60-katanin. Insight into the substrate-dependent activation mechanism. FEBS J. 2012;279:1339-52 pubmed publisher..Our model can explain how Ca(2+) regulates both severing and ATP hydrolysis activity, because the Ca(2+) -binding site on the N-terminal domain moves close to the AAA domain during MT severing. ..
- Yang S, Oh K, Park E, Chang H, Park J, Seong M, et al. USP47 and C terminus of Hsp70-interacting protein (CHIP) antagonistically regulate katanin-p60-mediated axonal growth. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12728-38 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that USP47 plays a crucial role in the control of axonal growth during neuronal development by antagonizing CHIP-mediated katanin-p60 degradation. ..
- Buster D, McNally K, McNally F. Katanin inhibition prevents the redistribution of gamma-tubulin at mitosis. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:1083-92 pubmed..These results support a model in which katanin activity regulates the number of microtubule ends in the spindle. ..
- Cheung K, Senese S, Kuang J, Bui N, Ongpipattanakul C, Gholkar A, et al. Proteomic Analysis of the Mammalian Katanin Family of Microtubule-severing Enzymes Defines Katanin p80 subunit B-like 1 (KATNBL1) as a Regulator of Mammalian Katanin Microtubule-severing. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:1658-69 pubmed publisher..Katanin is composed of a catalytic p60 subunit (A subunit, KATNA1) and a regulatory p80 subunit (B subunit, KATNB1)...
- Dong C, Xu H, Zhang R, Tanaka N, Takeichi M, Meng W. CAMSAP3 accumulates in the pericentrosomal area and accompanies microtubule release from the centrosome via katanin. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1709-1715 pubmed publisher..Further studies demonstrated that CAMSAP3 precisely coordinates with dynein and katanin to regulate the MT detachment process. In conclusion, our results indicate that CAMSAP3 is a key molecule for generation of non-centrosomal MTs. ..
- Jiang K, Rezabkova L, Hua S, Liu Q, Capitani G, Altelaar A, et al. Microtubule minus-end regulation at spindle poles by an ASPM-katanin complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:480-492 pubmed publisher..We propose that the ASPM-katanin complex controls microtubule disassembly at spindle poles and that misregulation of this process can lead to microcephaly. ..
- Cummings C, Bentley C, Perdue S, Baas P, Singer J. The Cul3/Klhdc5 E3 ligase regulates p60/katanin and is required for normal mitosis in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11663-75 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate a novel regulatory mechanism for p60/katanin that occurs at the level of targeted proteolysis to allow normal mitotic progression in mammalian cells. ..
- Toyo oka K, Sasaki S, Yano Y, Mori D, Kobayashi T, Toyoshima Y, et al. Recruitment of katanin p60 by phosphorylated NDEL1, an LIS1 interacting protein, is essential for mitotic cell division and neuronal migration. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:3113-28 pubmed..Our results suggest that NDEL1 is essential for mitotic cell division and neuronal migration not only via regulation of cytoplasmic dynein function but also by modulation of katanin p60 localization and function. ..
- Bailey M, Sackett D, Ross J. Katanin Severing and Binding Microtubules Are Inhibited by Tubulin Carboxy Tails. Biophys J. 2015;109:2546-61 pubmed publisher..These results are distinct from those for other severing enzymes and suggest a scheme for regulation of katanin activity in cells dependent on free tubulin concentration and the modification state of the tubulin. ..
- McNally K, Bazirgan O, McNally F. Two domains of p80 katanin regulate microtubule severing and spindle pole targeting by p60 katanin. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 9):1623-33 pubmed..In this paper we demonstrate that human p60 katanin and the C-terminal domain of human p80 katanin both bind microtubules in vitro...