Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Jak2
Description: Janus kinase 2
Alias: JTK10, THCYT3, JAK-2, Janus kinase 2 (a protein tyrosine kinase), tyrosine-protein kinase JAK2
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- A gain-of-function mutation of JAK2 in myeloproliferative disordersRobert Kralovics
Department of Research, Experimental Hematology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 352:1779-90. 2005..The loss of heterozygosity (LOH) on the short arm of chromosome 9 (9pLOH) in myeloproliferative disorders suggests that 9p harbors a mutation that contributes to the cause of clonal expansion of hematopoietic cells in these diseases...
- Activating mutation in the tyrosine kinase JAK2 in polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, and myeloid metaplasia with myelofibrosisRoss L Levine
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 7:387-97. 2005..In vitro analysis demonstrated that JAK2V617F is a constitutively active tyrosine kinase...
- A unique clonal JAK2 mutation leading to constitutive signalling causes polycythaemia veraChloe James
INSERM U362, Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris XI University, PR1, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Nature 434:1144-8. 2005..Here, we describe a clonal and recurrent mutation in the JH2 pseudo-kinase domain of the Janus kinase 2 (JAK2) gene in most (> 80%) polycythaemia vera patients...
- Acquired mutation of the tyrosine kinase JAK2 in human myeloproliferative disordersE Joanna Baxter
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Lancet 365:1054-61. 2005..We investigated the role of the cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase JAK2 in patients with a myeloproliferative disorder.
- Mutation in TET2 in myeloid cancersFrancois Delhommeau
INSERM U790, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
N Engl J Med 360:2289-301. 2009..The myelodysplastic syndromes and myeloproliferative disorders are associated with deregulated production of myeloid cells. The mechanisms underlying these disorders are not well defined...
- JAK2 phosphorylates histone H3Y41 and excludes HP1alpha from chromatinMark A Dawson
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research and Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Nature 461:819-22. 2009Activation of Janus kinase 2 (JAK2) by chromosomal translocations or point mutations is a frequent event in haematological malignancies...
- Identification of an acquired JAK2 mutation in polycythemia veraRunxiang Zhao
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 280:22788-92. 2005..the entire coding regions of cDNAs of candidate enzymes, we identified a G:C--> T:A point mutation of the JAK2 tyrosine kinase in 20 of 24 PV blood samples but none in 12 normal samples...
- IDH1 and IDH2 mutation studies in 1473 patients with chronic-, fibrotic- or blast-phase essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera or myelofibrosisA Tefferi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 24:1302-9. 2010..6%) blast-phase MPN (P<0.01). Mutant IDH was documented in the presence or absence of JAK2, MPL and TET2 mutations, with similar mutational frequencies...
- A prospective study of 338 patients with polycythemia vera: the impact of JAK2 (V617F) allele burden and leukocytosis on fibrotic or leukemic disease transformation and vascular complicationsF Passamonti
Division of Hematology, Department of Hematology Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Leukemia 24:1574-9. 2010We studied the relationship between JAK2 (V617F) mutant allele burden and clinical phenotype, disease progression and survival in patients with polycythemia vera (PV)...
- JAK2 V617F mutational status predicts progression to large splenomegaly and leukemic transformation in primary myelofibrosisGiovanni Barosi
Unit of Clinical Epidemiology and Center for the Study of Myelofibrosis, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Blood 110:4030-6. 2007Few investigators have evaluated the usefulness of the JAK2 V617F mutation for explaining the phenotypic variations and for predicting the risk of major clinical events in primary myelofibrosis (PMF)...
- Low JAK2V617F allele burden in primary myelofibrosis, compared to either a higher allele burden or unmutated status, is associated with inferior overall and leukemia-free survivalA Tefferi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Leukemia 22:756-61. 2008..We conclude that low V617F allele burden in PMF might indicate the presence of an overriding V617F-negative clone that confers a more aggressive disease phenotype...
- The structural basis of Janus kinase 2 inhibition by a potent and specific pan-Janus kinase inhibitorIsabelle S Lucet
Protein Crystallography Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Blood 107:176-83. 2006b>JAK2, a member of the Janus kinase (JAK) family of protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs), is an important intracellular mediator of cytokine signaling...
- MPL515 mutations in myeloproliferative and other myeloid disorders: a study of 1182 patientsAnimesh D Pardanani
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 108:3472-6. 2006..Furthermore, MPL mutations may occur concurrently with the JAK2V617F mutation, suggesting that these alleles may have functional complementation in myeloproliferative disease...
- JAK2(V617F) negatively regulates p53 stabilization by enhancing MDM2 via La expression in myeloproliferative neoplasmsM Nakatake
INSERM UMR 1009, Villejuif, France
Oncogene 31:1323-33. 2012b>JAK2(V617F) is a gain of function mutation that promotes cytokine-independent growth of myeloid cells and accounts for a majority of myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN)...
- Jak2 is a negative regulator of ubiquitin-dependent endocytosis of the growth hormone receptorJoyce Putters
Department of Cell Biology and Institute of Biomembranes, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e14676. 2011..Degradation of certain cytokine receptors is mediated by the ubiquitin ligase SCF(βTrCP). In several instances, Janus kinase (Jak) family members can stabilise their cognate cytokine receptors at the cell surface...
- Myeloproliferative neoplasm induced by constitutive expression of JAK2V617F in knock-in miceCaroline Marty
Inserm U1009, Institut Gustave Roussy, PR1, 114 rue Edouard Vaillant, 94805 Villejuif, France
Blood 116:783-7. 2010The Jak2(V617F) mutation is found in most classical BCR/ABL-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs)...
- Two routes to leukemic transformation after a JAK2 mutation-positive myeloproliferative neoplasmPhilip A Beer
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Cambridge, UK
Blood 115:2891-900. 2010Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) may follow a JAK2-positive myeloproliferative neoplasm (MPN), although the mechanisms of disease evolution, often involving loss of mutant JAK2, remain obscure...
- Identification of patients with poorer survival in primary myelofibrosis based on the burden of JAK2V617F mutated allelePaola Guglielmelli
Unita Funzionale di Ematologia, Dipartimento di Area Critica, Universita di Firenze, and Istituto Toscano Tumori, Firenze, Italy
Blood 114:1477-83. 2009..Furthermore, survival was significantly reduced in the lower quartile compared with upper quartiles and JAK2 wild-type patients...
- The JAK2 V617F mutation occurs in hematopoietic stem cells in polycythemia vera and predisposes toward erythroid differentiationCatriona H M Jamieson
Department of Medicine and Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:6224-9. 2006..of patients with polycythemia vera (PV) harbor a valine-to-phenylalanine mutation at amino acid 617 (V617F) in the JAK2 signaling molecule, the stage of hematopoiesis at which the mutation arises is unknown...
- IDH1 and IDH2 mutation analysis in chronic- and blast-phase myeloproliferative neoplasmsA Pardanani
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 24:1146-51. 2010..The entire study cohort was also screened for JAK2 and MPL mutations and JAK2V617F was found in three IDH-mutated cases (two PMF and one PV)...
- The impact of JAK2 and MPL mutations on diagnosis and prognosis of splanchnic vein thrombosis: a report on 241 casesJean Jacques Kiladjian
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Avicenne, Service d Hematologie Clinique, and Université Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Blood 111:4922-9. 2008..We assessed the diagnostic and prognostic value of JAK2 and MPL515 mutations in 241 SVT patients (104 BCS, 137 PVT)...
- A new protein containing an SH2 domain that inhibits JAK kinasesT A Endo
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Aikawamachi, Japan
Nature 387:921-4. 1997..have now isolated a new SH2-domain-containing protein, JAB, which is a JAK-binding protein that interacts with the Jak2 tyrosine-kinase JH1 domain. JAB is structurally related to CIS, a cytokine-inducible SH2 protein...
- The JAK2-V617F mutation is frequently present at diagnosis in patients with essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia veraEric Lippert
Laboratoire d Hématologie du CHU de Bourdeaux, France
Blood 108:1865-7. 2006We determined the allelic frequency of the JAK2-V617F mutation in DNA and assessed the expression levels of the mutant and wild-type JAK2 mRNA in granulocytes from 60 patients with essential thrombocythemia (ET) and 62 patients with ..
- Clinical profile of homozygous JAK2 617V>F mutation in patients with polycythemia vera or essential thrombocythemiaAlessandro M Vannucchi
Department of Hematology, University of Florence, 50134 Florence, Italy
Blood 110:840-6. 2007b>JAK2 617V>F mutation occurs in a homozygous state in 25% to 30% of patients with polycythemia vera (PV) and 2% to 4% with essential thrombocythemia (ET)...
- Jak2 inhibition deactivates Lyn kinase through the SET-PP2A-SHP1 pathway, causing apoptosis in drug-resistant cells from chronic myelogenous leukemia patientsA K Samanta
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Oncogene 28:1669-81. 2009..In Bcr-Abl+ cells inhibition of Jak2, a downstream target of Bcr-Abl, by either Jak2 inhibitors or Jak2-specific short interfering RNA (siRNA) reduced ..
- The N-terminal domain of Janus kinase 2 is required for Golgi processing and cell surface expression of erythropoietin receptorL J Huang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Mol Cell 8:1327-38. 2001We show that Janus kinase 2 (JAK2), and more specifically just its intact N-terminal domain, binds to the erythropoietin receptor (EpoR) in the endoplasmic reticulum and promotes its cell surface expression...
- CIS3/SOCS-3 suppresses erythropoietin (EPO) signaling by binding the EPO receptor and JAK2A Sasaki
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Aikawa machi 2432 3, Kurume 839 0861, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:29338-47. 2000..CIS3 binds directly to the EPOR as well as JAK2 and inhibits EPO-dependent proliferation and STAT5 activation...
- The structure of the GM-CSF receptor complex reveals a distinct mode of cytokine receptor activationGuido Hansen
Biota Structural Biology Laboratory, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, 41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
Cell 134:496-507. 2008..This unusual form of receptor assembly likely applies also to IL-3 and IL-5 receptors, providing a structural basis for understanding their mechanism of activation and for the development of therapeutics...
- Lyn physically associates with the erythropoietin receptor and may play a role in activation of the Stat5 pathwayH Chin
First Department of Internal Medicine and School of Allied Health Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 91:3734-45. 1998..We have previously shown that the Jak2 tyrosine kinase couples with the EpoR to transduce a growth signal...
- Effects of the JAK2 mutation on the hematopoietic stem and progenitor compartment in human myeloproliferative neoplasmsShubha Anand
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Cambridge, UK
Blood 118:177-81. 2011The JAK2 V617F mutation is present in the majority of patients with a myeloproliferative neoplasm (MPN) and is sufficient to recapitulate an MPN in murine models...
- Human gastrin mRNA expression up-regulated by Helicobacter pylori CagA through MEK/ERK and JAK2-signaling pathways in gastric cancer cellsJianjiang Zhou
Affiliated Hospital, Guiyang Medical University, No 9 Beijiang Road, Guiyang, China
Gastric Cancer 14:322-31. 2011..Helicobacter pylori-cytotoxin-associated protein A (CagA) and gastrin are believed to play an important role in gastric carcinogenesis, but their interaction has been incompletely clear...
- MUC16 induced rapid G2/M transition via interactions with JAK2 for increased proliferation and anti-apoptosis in breast cancer cellsI Lakshmanan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5870, USA
Oncogene 31:805-17. 2012..we found that MUC16 interacts with the ezrin/radixin/moesin domain-containing protein of Janus kinase (JAK2) as demonstrated by the reciprocal immunoprecipitation method...
- Risk of thrombosis in patients with essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia vera according to JAK2 V617F mutation statusGuido Finazzi
Haematologica 92:135-6. 2007..with essential thrombocythemia (ET) and 77 with polycythemia vera (PV) classified according to the presence of the JAK2 V617F mutation...
- The JAK2 V617F allele burden in essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera and primary myelofibrosis--impact on disease phenotypeThomas Stauffer Larsen
Department of Haematology, Odense University Hospital, Odense C, Denmark
Eur J Haematol 79:508-15. 2007The JAK2 V617F tyrosine kinase mutation is present in the great majority of patients with polycythemia vera (PV), and approximately half of the patients with essential thrombocythemia (ET) and primary myelofibrosis (PMF)...
- JAK2 V617F-dependent upregulation of PU.1 expression in the peripheral blood of myeloproliferative neoplasm patientsTamotsu Irino
Shiga Medical Center for Adults, Moriyama, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e22148. 2011..e. granulocytic, erythroid, megakaryocytic and mast cell). JAK2 mutations, such as the common V617F substitution and the less common exon 12 mutations, are frequently detected in ..
- Fusion of TEL, the ETS-variant gene 6 (ETV6), to the receptor-associated kinase JAK2 as a result of t(9;12) in a lymphoid and t(9;15;12) in a myeloid leukemiaP Peeters
Center for Human Genetics, University of Leuven, Belgium
Blood 90:2535-40. 1997..in atypical chronic myelogenous leukemia in transformation involve the ETV6 gene at 12p13 and the JAK2 gene at 9p24...
- Is the absence of JAK2 mutation a risk factor for bleeding in essential thrombocythemia? An analysis of 106 patientsAndrea Patriarca
Dipartimento di Ematologia, Servizio di Prevenzione e Cura Sindromi Emorragiche e Trombotiche, Ospedale Civile dello Spirito Santo, Pescara, Italy
Blood Transfus 8:21-7. 2010b>JAK2(V617F) mutation has been recognized as a possible thrombotic risk factor in essential thrombocythaemia (ET). It's role is probably due to an increased myeloid proliferation and white blood cells (WBC) activation...
- A BCR-JAK2 fusion gene as the result of a t(9;22)(p24;q11) in a patient with acute myeloid leukemiaGabriella Cirmena
Department of Hematology, University of Genoa, V le Benedetto XV 6, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 183:105-8. 2008We report the occurrence of a BCR-JAK2 fusion gene in a case of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) resulting from a t(9;22)(p24;q11) translocation as the sole cytogenetic abnormality...
- The pseudokinase domain of JAK2 is a dual-specificity protein kinase that negatively regulates cytokine signalingDaniela Ungureanu
Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere, and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:971-6. 2011Human JAK2 tyrosine kinase mediates signaling through numerous cytokine receptors...
- Apoptosis induced by JAK2 inhibition is mediated by Bim and enhanced by the BH3 mimetic ABT-737 in JAK2 mutant human erythroid cellsBritta Will
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 115:2901-9. 2010The activating mutation JAK2 V617F plays a central role in the pathogenesis of polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, and primary myelofibrosis...
- The G allele of the JAK2 rs10974944 SNP, part of JAK2 46/1 haplotype, is strongly associated with JAK2 V617F-positive myeloproliferative neoplasmsAdrian P Trifa
Department of Medical Genetics, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Ann Hematol 89:979-83. 2010..are myeloproliferative neoplasms, characterized in a majority of cases by a unique somatic point mutation, JAK2 V617F. Recently, it was shown that JAK2 V617F occurs more frequently on a specific JAK2 haplotype, named JAK2 46/1...
- JAK2V617F mutation screening as part of the hypercoagulable work-up in the absence of splanchnic venous thrombosis or overt myeloproliferative neoplasm: assessment of value in a series of 664 consecutive patientsAnimesh Pardanani
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:457-9. 2008..Our study also suggests that the natural history of a JAK2V617F-positive "occult" MPN might be different from that of a typical MPN...
- The t(8;9)(p22;p24) is a recurrent abnormality in chronic and acute leukemia that fuses PCM1 to JAK2Andreas Reiter
III Medizinische Universitätsklinik, Fakultät für Klinische Medizin Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Cancer Res 65:2662-7. 2005..situ hybridization studies of one patient indicated that the nonreceptor tyrosine kinase Janus-activated kinase 2 (JAK2) at 9p24 was disrupted...
- Involvement of Janus kinases in the insulin signaling pathwayS Giorgetti-Peraldi
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U145, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, France
Eur J Biochem 234:656-60. 1995..Further, we found that both JAK1 and JAK2 constitutively associate with Grb2, through interaction with the SH3 domains of Grb2...
- JAK2V617F mutation for the early diagnosis of Ph- myeloproliferative neoplasms in patients with venous thromboembolism: a meta-analysisFrancesco Dentali
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Blood 113:5617-23. 2009..Therefore, we performed a systematic review to assess the frequency of JAK2 mutation in VTE patients and the role of JAK2V617F mutation in the diagnosis of myeloproliferative neoplasms...
- JAK2 germline genetic variation affects disease susceptibility in primary myelofibrosis regardless of V617F mutational status: nullizygosity for the JAK2 46/1 haplotype is associated with inferior survivalA Tefferi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 24:105-9. 2010A common JAK2 germline haplotype (46/1) has been associated with JAK2V617F (VF)-positive myeloproliferative neoplasms. The rs12343867 SNP (C/T) tags this haplotype...
- Interaction of Janus kinases JAK-1 and JAK-2 with the insulin receptor and the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptorP Gual
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 145, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, France
Endocrinology 139:884-93. 1998....
- SOCS3 tyrosine phosphorylation as a potential bio-marker for myeloproliferative neoplasms associated with mutant JAK2 kinasesJoanne Elliott
Centre for Infection and Immunity, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, QUB, 2 Floor, Whitla Medical Building, 97 Lisburn Rd, Belfast BT97BL, Northern Ireland
Haematologica 94:576-80. 2009b>JAK2 V617F, identified in the majority of patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms, tyrosine phosphorylates SOCS3 and escapes its inhibition...
- Effects of the JAK2 inhibitor, AZ960, on Pim/BAD/BCL-xL survival signaling in the human JAK2 V617F cell line SET-2Joseph M Gozgit
Cancer Biosciences, AstraZeneca R and D Boston, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
J Biol Chem 283:32334-43. 2008The Janus-associated kinase 2 (JAK2) V617F mutation is believed to play a critical role in the pathogenesis of polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, and idiopathic myelofibrosis...
- α4β2 nicotinic receptors partially mediate anti-inflammatory effects through Janus kinase 2-signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 but not calcium or cAMP signalingVishnu Hosur
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Pharmacol 79:167-74. 2011..the effects of nicotine on NF-κB activity were significantly blocked by the highly specific janus kinase 2 (JAK2) inhibitor α-cyano-(3,4-dihydroxy)-N-benzylcinnamide (AG-490) and the signal transducer and activator of ..
- Host genetic variation contributes to phenotypic diversity in myeloproliferative disordersAnimesh Pardanani
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 111:2785-9. 2008..receptors for erythropoietin (EPOR), thrombopoietin (MPL), and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (GCSFR), and JAK2. We genotyped 32 linkage disequilibrium tag single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) loci in 179 white patients: 84 had ..
- The clinical phenotype of wild-type, heterozygous, and homozygous JAK2V617F in polycythemia veraAyalew Tefferi
Division of Hematology and Laboratory Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, and Department of Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer 106:631-5. 2006Several studies have recently reported on the occurrence of a JAK2(V617F) mutation in myeloid cells from the majority of patients with polycythemia vera (PV). The clinical relevance of this novel observation currently is under study.
- Prospective identification of high-risk polycythemia vera patients based on JAK2(V617F) allele burdenA M Vannucchi
Department of Hematology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Leukemia 21:1952-9. 2007The aim of this study was to determine whether the burden of JAK2(V617F) allele correlated with major clinical outcomes in patients with polycythemia vera (PV)...
- V617F mutation in JAK2 is associated with poorer survival in idiopathic myelofibrosisPeter J Campbell
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Blood 107:2098-100. 2006..vera and half with idiopathic myelofibrosis and essential thrombocythemia have an acquired V617F mutation in JAK2. Using sensitive polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based methods, we genotyped 152 patients with idiopathic ..
- Leukemic blasts in transformed JAK2-V617F-positive myeloproliferative disorders are frequently negative for the JAK2-V617F mutationAlexandre Theocharides
Department of Research, Experimental Hematology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Blood 110:375-9. 2007To study the role of the JAK2-V617F mutation in leukemic transformation, we examined 27 patients with myeloproliferative disorders (MPDs) who transformed to acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Relation between JAK2 (V617F) mutation status, granulocyte activation, and constitutive mobilization of CD34+ cells into peripheral blood in myeloproliferative disordersFrancesco Passamonti
Department of Hematology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood 107:3676-82. 2006We studied the relationship between granulocyte JAK2 (V617F) mutation status, circulating CD34(+) cells, and granulocyte activation in myeloproliferative disorders...
- The JAK-binding protein JAB inhibits Janus tyrosine kinase activity through binding in the activation loopH Yasukawa
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Aikawa machi 2432 3 Kurume 839 0861, Japan
EMBO J 18:1309-20. 1999..presented here we demonstrate that JAB specifically binds to the tyrosine residue (Y1007) in the activation loop of JAK2, whose phosphorylation is required for activation of kinase activity...
- Prevalence of the activating JAK2 tyrosine kinase mutation V617F in the Budd-Chiari syndromeRaj K Patel
Department of Haematological Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, England
Gastroenterology 130:2031-8. 2006..A clonal mutation in JAK2 tyrosine kinase (JAK2V617F) occurs in a high proportion of patients with MPD and is of use in the characterization ..
- A role for JAK2 mutations in myeloproliferative diseasesKelly J Morgan
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Annu Rev Med 59:213-22. 2008..The JAK2V617F mutation alters the JAK2 tyrosine kinase to confer constitutive activation and affect downstream signaling pathways...
- Influence of JAK2V617F allele burden on phenotype in essential thrombocythemiaElisabetta Antonioli
Department of Hematology, University of Florence, 50134, Florence, Italy
Haematologica 93:41-8. 2008Fifty to sixty percent of patients with essential thrombocythemia harbor the JAK2(V617F) mutation. The impact of this mutation on clinical phenotype is still debated...
- Bone marrow JAK2V617F allele burden and clinical correlates in polycythemia veraA Tefferi
Leukemia 21:2074-5. 2007
- The JAK2 V617F somatic mutation, mortality and cancer risk in the general populationCamilla Nielsen
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Haematologica 96:450-3. 2011b>JAK2 V617F is present in the majority of patients with myeloproliferative cancer; however, its prevalence and clinical significance in the general population is unknown...
- SOCS2: inhibitor of JAK2V617F-mediated signal transductionH Quentmeier
DSMZ German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Braunschweig, Germany
Leukemia 22:2169-75. 2008Janus kinase 2 (JAK2)V617F-activating mutations (JAK2mu) occur in myeloproliferative disorders (MPDs) and myelodysplastic syndromes (MDSs)...
- Jak2 deficiency defines an essential developmental checkpoint in definitive hematopoiesisH Neubauer
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Hygiene, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Cell 93:397-409. 1998..A targeted inactivation of Jak2 was performed. Jak2-/- embryos are anemic and die around day 12.5 postcoitum...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of Jak2 in the JH2 domain inhibits cytokine signalingEdward P Feener
Joslin Proteomics Core, Joslin Diabetes Center, 1 Joslin Pl, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4968-78. 2004..Although Jak2 and other Jak kinase family members are phosphorylated on numerous sites during cytokine signaling, the identity ..
- Validity test study of JAK2 V617F and allele burden quantification in the diagnosis of myeloproliferative diseasesInmaculada Rapado
Hematology Service, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Avenida Córdoba s n, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Ann Hematol 87:741-9. 2008Several sensitive methods for the detection of JAK2 V617F mutation have been published recently, most of them based on Real Time polymerase chain reaction (PCR). However, only some of them have performed studies of diagnostic validity...
- Autophosphorylation of JAK2 on tyrosines 221 and 570 regulates its activityLawrence S Argetsinger
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4955-67. 2004The tyrosine kinase JAK2 is a key signaling protein for at least 20 receptors in the cytokine/hematopoietin receptor superfamily and is a component of signaling by insulin receptor and several G-protein-coupled receptors...
- The gain-of-function JAK2 V617F mutation shifts the phenotype of essential thrombocythemia and chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis to more "erythremic" and less "thrombocythemic": a molecular, histologic, and clinical studyZbigniew Rudzki
Department of Pathomorphology, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Int J Hematol 86:130-6. 2007We investigated the prevalence of the JAK2 V617F gain-of-function mutation in patients with Philadelphia chromosome-negative chronic myeloproliferative disorders (Ph- MPD) and explored the links between JAK2 mutational status and the ..
- JAK2(V617F) allele burden in polycythemia vera correlates with grade of myelofibrosis, but is not substantially affected by therapyRichard T Silver
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065 4896, USA
Leuk Res 35:177-82. 2011In a series of 105 patients with polycythemia vera, we retrospectively determined whether the JAK2(V617F) mutation correlated with severity of disease phenotype...
- Screening for hotspot mutations in PI3K, JAK2, FLT3 and NPM1 in patients with myelodysplastic syndromesJoão Agostinho Machado-Neto
Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, National Institute of Blood, University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:793-9. 2011..The accumulation of genetic alterations is closely associated with the progression of myelodysplastic syndromes toward acute myeloid leukemia...
- Prevalence of JAK2 V617F mutation in Indian patients with chronic myeloproliferative disordersSudha Sazawal
Department of Haematology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 132:423-7. 2010The Janus-associated Kinase-2 mutation JAK2 V617F in chronic myeloproliferative disorders (CMPDs) has been described as a frequent genetic event in majority of patients with polycythemia vera (PV), essential thrombocythemia (ET) and ..
- JAK pathway induction of c-Myc critical to IL-5 stimulation of cell proliferation and inhibition of apoptosisWei Hwa Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Taipei Medical University Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 106:929-36. 2009..we demonstrate that IL-5 induced c-Myc RNA and protein expressions, as well as activated Janus kinases (JAK1 and JAK2) and signal transducer and activator of transcription-5b (STAT5b)...
- JAK2 V617F is specifically associated with idiopathic splanchnic vein thrombosisS Regina
J Thromb Haemost 5:859-61. 2007
- JAK2 mutation status, hemostatic risk factors and thrombophilic factors in essential thrombocythemia (ET) patientsBozena Sokołowska
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 49:267-71. 2011The recently discovered JAK2 V617F point mutation, found in 50-60% of ET patients, has been reported to be associated with a higher risk of thrombotic events...
- A t(8;9) translocation with PCM1-JAK2 fusion in a patient with T-cell lymphomaJ Adelaide
Leukemia 20:536-7. 2006
- Janus kinase 2 (V617F) mutation status, signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 phosphorylation and impaired neutrophil apoptosis in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaR A Mesa
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 20:1800-8. 2006An activating point mutation in Janus kinase 2 (JAK2 V617F) was recently identified in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia (MMM)...
- Bim and Mcl-1 exert key roles in regulating JAK2V617F cell survivalJoëlle Rubert
Disease Area Oncology, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
BMC Cancer 11:24. 2011..It has previously been shown that activated JAK2 promotes cell survival by upregulating the anti-apoptotic STAT5 target gene Bcl-xL...
- JAK2 rearrangements, including the novel SEC31A-JAK2 fusion, are recurrent in classical Hodgkin lymphomaKatrien Van Roosbroeck
Center for Human Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Blood 117:4056-64. 2011The genetics of classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) is poorly understood. The finding of a JAK2-involving t(4;9)(q21;p24) in 1 case of cHL prompted us to characterize this translocation on a molecular level and to determine the prevalence of ..
- JAK2V617F prevalence and allele burden in non-splanchnic venous thrombosis in the absence of overt myeloproliferative disorderA Pardanani
Leukemia 21:1828-9. 2007
- JAK2 exon 14 deletion in patients with chronic myeloproliferative neoplasmsWanlong Ma
Department of Hematology Oncology, Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute, San Juan Capistrano, California, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e12165. 2010The JAK2 V617F mutation in exon 14 is the most common mutation in chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs); deletion of the entire exon 14 is rarely detected...
- The role of the JAK2 GGCC haplotype and the TET2 gene in familial myeloproliferative neoplasmsDamla Olcaydu
Center for Molecular Medicine, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Lazarettgasse 14, AKH BT25 3, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Haematologica 96:367-74. 2011..a group of diverse chronic myeloid malignancies that share pathogenic features such as acquired mutations in the JAK2, TET2, CBL and MPL genes...
- The JAK2 46/1 haplotype in Budd-Chiari syndrome and portal vein thrombosisJasper H Smalberg
Department of Hematology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 117:3968-73. 2011The germline JAK2 46/1 haplotype has been associated with the development of JAK2(V617F)-positive as well as JAK2(V617F)-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs)...
- JAK2(V617F) mutational status as determined by semiquantitative sequence-specific primer-single molecule fluorescence detection assay is linked to clinical features in chronic myeloproliferative disordersK Ohyashiki
Leukemia 21:1097-9. 2007
- JAK2V617F activating mutation is associated with the myeloproliferative type of chronic myelomonocytic leukaemiaA Pich
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Section of Pathology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Clin Pathol 62:798-801. 2009..It is classified in the World Health Organization myeloproliferative-myelodysplastic overlap category. JAK2(V617F) mutation can be found in a large percentage of patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms.
- Prevalence of the JAK2 V617F mutation is low among unselected patients with a first episode of unprovoked venous thromboembolismV Ugo
J Thromb Haemost 6:203-5. 2008
- The V617F mutation of JAK2 is very uncommon in patients with thrombosisAngel F Remacha
Haematologica 92:285-6. 2007..We investigated the V617F mutation of the JAK2 gene in 295 patients with thrombosis. Only one case was positive...
- The JAK2 46/1 haplotype predisposes to MPL-mutated myeloproliferative neoplasmsAmy V Jones
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury District Hospital, Salisbury, United Kingdom
Blood 115:4517-23. 2010The 46/1 JAK2 haplotype predisposes to V617F-positive myeloproliferative neoplasms, but the underlying mechanism is obscure...
- Inhibition and restoration of prolactin signal transduction by suppressors of cytokine signalingA Pezet
INSERM U344, Faculte de Medecine Necker, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Biol Chem 274:24497-502. 1999Prolactin (PRL) has been shown to activate the cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase Janus kinase 2 (Jak2) and the subsequent recruitment of various signaling molecules including members of the signal transducer and activator of transcription ..
- Sustained Src inhibition results in signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) activation and cancer cell survival via altered Janus-activated kinase-STAT3 bindingBanibrata Sen
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Cancer Res 69:1958-65. 2009..resulted in STAT3 activation showing specificity, which was inhibited by Janus-activated kinase (JAK; TYK2 and JAK2) depletion with siRNA...
- Simultaneous activation of JAK1 and JAK2 confers IL-3 independent growth on Ba/F3 pro-B cellsHuei Mei Huang
Graduate Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, Center for Stem Cells Research at Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 96:361-75. 2005JAK1 and JAK2 are tyrosine kinases involved in the regulation of cell proliferation, differentiation, and survival. These proteins may play a key role in mediating the effects of the cytokine IL-3 on hematopoietic cells...
- Tec tyrosine kinase links the cytokine receptors to PI-3 kinase probably through JAKM Takahashi-Tezuka
Department of Molecular Oncology, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Oncogene 14:2273-82. 1997..Here we show the association between Jak1/Jak2 and Tec or Jak1 and Btk. Furthermore, Jak1 but not Jak2 induces tyrosine phosphorylation of Btk, but not Tec...
- Signal transducers and activators of transcription-3 binding to the fibroblast growth factor receptor is activated by receptor amplificationAnna A Dudka
CRUK Growth Factor Group, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 70:3391-401. 2010..Our findings show that amplified FGFR expression engages the STAT3 pathway, and they suggest therapeutic strategies to attack FGFR-overexpressing cancers...
- Role of the vav proto-oncogene product (Vav) in erythropoietin-mediated cell proliferation and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activityH Shigematsu
Cancer Center and First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:14334-40. 1997..Finally, we found that JAK2 was associated with Vav in vivo and that Vav could be tyrosine-phosphorylated by activated JAK2 in vitro...
- JAK mutations in high-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaCharles G Mullighan
Departments of Pathology and Biostatistics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9414-8. 2009..Here, we report activating mutations in the Janus kinases JAK1 (n = 3), JAK2 (n = 16), and JAK3 (n = 1) in 20 (10.7%) of 187 BCR-ABL1-negative, high-risk pediatric ALL cases...
- Ratio of mutant JAK2-V617F to wild-type Jak2 determines the MPD phenotypes in transgenic miceRalph Tiedt
Department of Research, Experimental Hematology, University Hospital Basel, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Blood 111:3931-40. 2008An acquired somatic mutation in the JAK2 gene (JAK2-V617F) is present in the majority of patients with myeloproliferative disorders (MPDs)...
- SOCS-mediated downregulation of mutant Jak2 (V617F, T875N and K539L) counteracts cytokine-independent signalingS Haan
Life Sciences Research Unit, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Oncogene 28:3069-80. 2009Recently, mutations in the gene of Janus kinase 2 (Jak2) were discovered in patients suffering from chronic myeloproliferative disorders (MPD) and leukemia...
- Activation of Jak2 catalytic activity requires phosphorylation of Y1007 in the kinase activation loopJ Feng
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:2497-501. 1997..Within the Jak2 kinase domain, there is a region that has considerable sequence homology to the regulatory region of the insulin ..
- Expression of a homodimeric type I cytokine receptor is required for JAK2V617F-mediated transformationXiaohui Lu
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and the Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18962-7. 2005A recurrent somatic activating mutation in the nonreceptor tyrosine kinase JAK2 (JAK2V617F) occurs in the majority of patients with the myeloproliferative disorders polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, myelofibrosis with myeloid ..
- Tyrosine Phosphatase PTP-MEG2 and HematopoiesisZHIZHUANG ZHAO; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recently, we have made a major breakthrough in the study of PV by identifying a mutation of the JAK2 tyrosine kinase in over 80% of PV patients...
- Tyrosine Kinase JAK2 and Myeloproliferative DisordersZhizhuang Joe Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, we and others have identified a mutation in the JAK2 tyrosine kinases in classic MPDs including polycythemia vera (PV), essential thrombocythemia (ET), and primary ..
- Role of JAK2V617F in the Pathogenesis of Myeloproliferative Disorders.Golam Mohi; Fiscal Year: 2013..A somatic point mutation (V617F) in the Janus Kinase 2 (JAK2) has been found in majority of patients with polycythemia vera (PV), essential thrombocythemia (ET), and primary ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR BIOLOGY OF THROMBOPOIETINKenneth Kaushansky; Fiscal Year: 2013..with the c-Mpl receptor, TPO initiates a signaling cascade by triggering the phosphorylation and activation of Jak2. Although this is well established, it remains unclear as to how TPO signaling is modulated, which has important ..
- Role of Gab2 and Shp2 in Hematopoietic SignallingBenjamin G Neel; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., leukemia-associated translocations that encode fusion-PTKs (e.g. Bcr/Abl, Tel-Jak2), or point mutations in PTKs, such as the V617F mutation in Jak2 found in many adult MPDs...
- Inhibition of Histone Deacetylase in Myeloproliferative NeoplasmsGolam Mohi; Fiscal Year: 2012..A somatic point mutation (V617F) in the JAK2 tyrosine kinase has been detected in most patients with PV and 50-60% patients with ET and PMF...
- Identification of novel target genes for polycythemia vera (PV)Shaoguang Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent discovery of the JAK2V617F mutation has promoted the development of targeted therapy using JAK2 inhibitors to inhibit the function of JAK2V617F...
- Molecular Pathogenesis & Therapy in JAK2 V617F Myeloproliferative DiseaseVirginia Zaleskas; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recently, a somatic activating mutation (V617F) in the JAK2 tyrosine kinase was discovered in most patients with PV and some patients with ET and CIMF...
- Molecular Pathogenesis &Therapy of JAK2 V617F-induced Myeloproliferative DiseaseRichard A Van Etten; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently, a somatic activating mutation (V617F) in the JAK2 tyrosine kinase was discovered in most patients with PV and some patients with ET and CIMF...
- AKT Signaling and Oxidative Stress Regulation of ErythropoiesisSaghi Ghaffari; Fiscal Year: 2013..Signals generated from Erythropoietin (Epo) binding to its receptor erythropoietin receptor (EpoR) are mediated by JAK2 tyrosine kinase and are essential for normal erythroid cell development...
- Diagnostic Assay for ThrombocytosisDmitri V Gnatenko; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Jak2 genetic testing offers some diagnostic value, but it does not have adequate specificity or selectivity...
- Predictors of therapeutic responsiveness to lestaurtinib in myelofibrosisElizabeth O Hexner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently, several groups identified a gain- of-function mutation in Janus Kinase 2 (JAK2 V617F) in the majority of patients with MPDs, suggesting that JAK2 is a potential therapeutic target in these ..
- CRLF2 signaling in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDAVID MARC WEINSTOCK; Fiscal Year: 2013..based on the presence or absence of somatic mutations within either CRLF2 itself or the receptor-associated kinase JAK2. Our central hypothesis is that B-ALLs with CRLF2 overexpression are dependent on CRLF2 signaling for survival...
- TSAD AS AN EPOR/JAK2 ADAPTOR AND ERYTHROPOIETIC REGULATORDONALD JOSEPH MCCRANN; Fiscal Year: 2010..goal of this application is to define roles of TSAD (T-cell specific adaptor protein) in a novel context of EPOR/JAK2 dependent erythropoiesis...
- Role of JAK2-PAK1 interaction in prolactin-dependent signalingMaria Diakonova; Fiscal Year: 2013..Tyrosine (Tyr) kinase JAK2 was identified as a PRLR-bound signaling molecule...
- Growth Hormone Regulation of SH2B1Christin Carter-Su; Fiscal Year: 2013..SH2B1 is recruited to JAK2 and is a critical component in GH regulation of the actin cytoskeleton, a prerequisite for cellular proliferation, ..
- Characterization of a Novel Erythropoietin Signaling PathwayAdam N Goldfarb; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the essential EpoR downstream mediators, JAK2 and PLC3, will be analyzed for their contributions to PKD activation...
- Tyrosine Phosphyorylation and Growth Hormone SignalingSTUART FRANK; Fiscal Year: 2005..receptors (GHR; PRLR), both cytokine receptors, causing activation of the GHR- and PRLR-associated tyrosine kinase, JAK2, and the STATS and ERK pathways...
- Cytokine Signaling in Autoimmune APC DysfunctionSally Litherland; Fiscal Year: 2005..Like many cytokines involved in hematopoiesis, GM-CSF uses the JAK2-STAT5 signal transduction/transcriptional regulatory pathway to exert its control over cellular functions...
- SRC-LIKE KINASES IN INTERLEUKIN-3 RECEPTOR SIGNALINGSteven Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2001..It appears that the activation of JAK2 and STAT molecules may be necessary, but not sufficient, for GM-CSF-induced mitogenesis...
- Erythropoietin receptor /Janus Kinase 2 complexLily Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The EpoR lacks intrinsic catalytic activity and relies on Janus Kinase 2 (JAK2) for signal transduction...