Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITPA
Description: inosine triphosphatase (nucleoside triphosphate pyrophosphatase)
Alias: C20orf37, HLC14-06-P, dJ794I6.3, ITPase, NTPase, inosine triphosphatase-A, inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase, inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase, non-canonical purine NTP pyrophosphatase, non-standard purine NTP pyrophosphatase, nucleoside-triphosphate diphosphatase
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- House cleaning, a part of good housekeepingMichael Y Galperin
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
Mol Microbiol 59:5-19. 2006..non-canonical NTPs belong to at least four structural superfamilies: MutT-related (Nudix) hydrolases, dUTPase, ITPase (Maf/HAM1) and all-alpha NTP pyrophosphatases (MazG)...
- Distribution of ITPA P32T alleles in multiple world populationsSharon Marsh
Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8069, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Hum Genet 49:579-81. 2004..Recently, a polymorphism in the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase gene (ITPA) has been associated with severe azathioprine toxicity...
- Adverse drug reactions to azathioprine therapy are associated with polymorphism in the gene encoding inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase)Anthony M Marinaki
Purine Research Laboratory, Department of Chemical Pathology and Department of Gastroenterology, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Pharmacogenetics 14:181-7. 2004..b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase) deficiency results in the benign accumulation of the inosine nucleotide ITP...
- Functional study of the P32T ITPA variant associated with drug sensitivity in humansElena I Stepchenkova
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198 6805, USA
J Mol Biol 392:602-13. 2009..or 6-hydroxylaminopurine (HAP) deoxynucleoside triphosphate] into nucleic acids is prevented by inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA). The ITPA gene is a highly conserved, moderately expressed gene...
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of a human inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase encoded by the itpa geneS Lin
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
J Biol Chem 276:18695-701. 2001..dITP is potentially mutagenic, and the levels of these nucleotides are controlled by inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (EC ). Here we report the cloning, expression, and characterization of a 21...
- Translating pharmacogenetics into clinical practice: interleukin (IL)28B and inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) polymophisms in hepatitis C virus (HCV) infectionElisabetta Cariani
Clinical Pathology Toxicology, Ospedale Civile S Agostino Estense, Modena, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:1247-56. 2011..This review will cover recent reports on the subject, focusing on the potential use of the new genetic markers in the diagnostic algorithm for the stratification of patients for personalized antiviral regimens...
- Association between inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiency and azathioprine-related adverse drug reactions in the Chinese kidney transplant recipientsHui Xiong
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Command, Wuhan 430070, China
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 24:393-400. 2010..transplantation whether AZA-related side effects can be explained by the inosine triphophate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) or thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) polymorphisms using both pheno-and genotyping...
- Quantitative in vitro and in vivo characterization of the human P32T mutant ITPaseGreg Herting
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 226 Science Building, Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA 99004, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1802:269-74. 2010Human ITPase, encoded by the ITPA gene, and its orthologs (RdgB in Escherichia coli and HAM1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae) exclude noncanonical nucleoside triphosphates (NTPs) from NTP pools...
- Individual variation in inosine triphosphate accumulation in human erythrocytesJ H Fraser
Clin Biochem 8:353-64. 1975..The metabolism of [14C]adenine and [14C]guanine was the same in erythrocytes that accumulated "normal" and "high" amounts of inosine triphosphate. Inosine triphosphate did not accumulate in leukocytes...
- Association of inosine triphosphatase 94C>A and thiopurine S-methyltransferase deficiency with adverse events and study drop-outs under azathioprine therapy in a prospective Crohn disease studyNicolas von Ahsen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Chem 51:2282-8. 2005..Inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) mutations are other pharmacogenetic polymorphisms possibly involved in thiopurine metabolism and tolerance.
- Analysis of ITPA phenotype-genotype correlation in the Bulgarian population revealed a novel gene variant in exon 6Srebrena Atanasova
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Ther Drug Monit 29:6-10. 2007Mutations in the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA) gene causing enzyme deficiency were shown to have pharmacogenetic implications in azathioprine-induced adverse drug reactions...
- Genetic basis of inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiencySatoshi Sumi
Purine Research Unit, Department of Chemical Pathology, 5th Floor Thomas Guy House, Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Hum Genet 111:360-7. 2002b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPase) deficiency is a common inherited condition characterized by the abnormal accumulation of inosine triphosphate (ITP) in erythrocytes...
- The ITPA c.94C>A and g.IVS2+21A>C sequence variants contribute to missplicing of the ITPA geneMonica Arenas
Purine Research Laboratory, Department of Chemical Pathology, Guy s Hospital, London, SE1 9RT, UK, and Department of Paediatrics, Neonatology and Congenital Disorders, Nagoya City University, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:96-102. 2007b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase) catalyzes the conversion of inosine triphosphate (ITP) to the correspondent monophosphate. The ITPA c.94C>A and g...
- Genetic polymorphism of inosine-triphosphate-pyrophosphatase influences mercaptopurine metabolism and toxicity during treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia individualized for thiopurine-S-methyl-transferase statusGabriele Stocco
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 262 Danny Thomas Place MS 272, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 9:23-37. 2010..encoding an enzyme involved in mercaptopurine metabolism (SNP rs1127354 in inosine-triphospate-pyrophosphatase, ITPA), showing that genetic polymorphism of ITPA is a significant determinant of mercaptopurine metabolism and of ..
- ITPase-deficient mice show growth retardation and die before weaningM Behmanesh
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Cell Death Differ 16:1315-22. 2009b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase), the enzyme that hydrolyzes ITP and other deaminated purine nucleoside triphosphates to the corresponding purine nucleoside monophosphate and pyrophosphate, is encoded by the Itpa gene...
- ITPA protein, an enzyme that eliminates deaminated purine nucleoside triphosphates in cellsKunihiko Sakumi
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mutat Res 703:43-50. 2010b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA protein) (EC 126.96.36.199) hydrolyzes deaminated purine nucleoside triphosphates, such as ITP and dITP, to their corresponding purine nucleoside monophosphate and pyrophosphate...
- Relevance of pharmacogenetic aspects of mercaptopurine metabolism in the treatment of interstitial lung diseaseJaap A Bakker
Department of Clinical Genetics, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Pulm Med 13:458-63. 2007..Mercaptopurine therapy is increasingly important as immunosuppressive therapy in interstitial lung disease. We focus on human mercaptopurine metabolism and the defects in this metabolism causing adverse drug reactions...
- [Working memory, phonological awareness and spelling hypothesis]Gigiane Gindri
Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Brazil
Pro Fono 19:313-22. 2007..Working memory, phonological awareness and spelling hypothesis...
- Pharmacogenetics of thiopurines in inflammatory bowel diseaseLuc J J Derijks
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Maxima Medical Centre, PO Box 7777, 5500 MB Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Curr Pharm Des 16:145-54. 2010..of genes encoding for glutathione S-tranferases, xanthine oxidase, thiopurine S-methyltransferase, inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase, hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase, inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase and multidrug ..
- Gender differences in outcome after neonatal intensive care: speech and language skills are less influenced in boys than in girls at 6.5 yearsM Jennische
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Section for Pediatrics and Perinatal Research Laboratory, Uppsala University Children s Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 92:364-78. 2003..To study language development at age 6.5 y in 230 children who had required neonatal intensive care (NIC) and 71 full-term neonatally healthy control children, all born in 1986-1989, with a focus on comparison between genders...
- HIV and syphilis: when to perform a lumbar punctureAgnes Libois
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, CHU Saint Pierre, 322 rue Haute, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Sex Transm Dis 34:141-4. 2007..The objectives of this study were to determine predictive factors for neurosyphilis in HIV-infected patients with syphilis and optimize the use of lumbar puncture...
- Determination of ITPase activity in erythrocyte lysates obtained for determination of TPMT activityJ Bierau
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics, Department of Clinical Genetics, Maastricht University Hospital, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 25:1129-32. 2006The indication for the determination of both thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase is identical (i.e., adverse drug reactions toward mercaptopurines)...
- A Japanese case with inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase deficiency attributable to an enzymatic defect in white blood cellsS Sumi
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya City University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuyo ku, Nagoya, Japan
J Inherit Metab Dis 27:277-8. 2004b>Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPase) deficiency is characterized by abnormal accumulation of inosine triphosphate...
- Clinical pharmacology and pharmacogenetics of thiopurinesSrikumar Sahasranaman
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:753-67. 2008..of the mechanism of action as well as the molecular basis and interethnic variations of TPMT and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase; EC 188.8.131.52), another enzyme implicated in thiopurine toxicity...
- Characterization of the structure and expression of mouse Itpa gene and its related sequences in the mouse genomeMehrdad Behmanesh
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
DNA Res 12:39-51. 2005In the mouse genome, we found one processed Itpa gene-like sequence and two processed Itpa pseudogenes as well as the Itpa gene itself with introns, located on chromosome 2F3, which was isolated by a retro-recombination method...
- Glutamine 170 to tyrosine substitution in yeast mitochondrial F1 beta-subunit increases catalytic site interaction with GDP and IDP and produces negative cooperativity of GTP and ITP hydrolysisJ M Jault
Department of Chemistry, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0601
J Biol Chem 268:20762-7. 1993..for GDP, IDP, and guanosine 5'-(beta,gamma-imidotriphosphate), which are competitive inhibitors of GTPase and ITPase activities...
- Linguistic skills in relation to neurological findings at 8 years of age in children born pretermA Yliherva
Department of Finnish, Saami and Logopedics, University of Oulu
Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 26:66-75. 2001..Finland were studied with three different language tests, namely the Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities (ITPA), the Token Test for Children (TTC) and the Morphological Test (MT) for Finnish children...
- Variants in the ITPA gene protect against ribavirin-induced hemolytic anemia and decrease the need for ribavirin dose reductionAlexander J Thompson
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina 27715, USA
Gastroenterology 139:1181-9. 2010..patients being treated for chronic hepatitis C, 2 functional variants in ITPA that cause inosine triphosphatase (ITPase) deficiency were shown to protect against ribavirin (RBV)-induced hemolytic anemia during early stages of ..
- Isothermal target and signaling probe amplification method, based on a combination of an isothermal chain amplification technique and a fluorescence resonance energy transfer cycling probe technologyCheulhee Jung
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, KAIST, 335 Gwahak ro, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Anal Chem 82:5937-43. 2010An iTPA (isothermal target and signaling probe amplification) method for the quantitative detection of nucleic acids, based on a combination of novel ICA (isothermal chain amplification) and fluorescence resonance energy transfer cycling ..
- ITPA polymorphism affects ribavirin-induced anemia and outcomes of therapy--a genome-wide study of Japanese HCV virus patientsHidenori Ochi
Laboratory for Liver Diseases, RIKEN Center for Genomic Medicine, Hiroshima, Japan
Gastroenterology 139:1190-7. 2010..Factors influencing this anemia, especially host genetic factors, are poorly understood. In this study we investigated predictive factors in hepatitis C virus patients treated with combination therapy...
- The increasing complexity of mercaptopurine pharmacogenomicsS Marsh
Genome Quebec and Montreal Heart Institute Pharmacogenomics Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:139-41. 2009..However, recent research has shown that genetic contribution to mercaptopurine toxicity is more complex, possibly involving other genes, in particular ITPA, which encodes inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase.
- Effects of a computer-supported interactive tailored patient assessment tool on patient care, symptom distress, and patients' need for symptom management support: a randomized clinical trialCornelia M Ruland
Center for Shared Decision Making and Nursing Research, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:403-10. 2010To examine the effects of a computer-assisted, interactive tailored patient assessment (ITPA) tool in oncology practice on: documented patient care, symptom distress, and patients' need for symptom management support during treatment and ..
- Inosine triphosphatase deficiency helps predict anaemia, anaemia management and response in chronic hepatitis C therapyP J Clark
GI Hepatology, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
J Viral Hepat 20:858-66. 2013..Inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) genetic variants are associated with ribavirin-induced anaemia and dose reduction; however, their impact in real-..
- ITPA gene variants protect against anaemia in patients treated for chronic hepatitis CJacques Fellay
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Center for Human Genome Variation, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Nature 464:405-8. 2010..Here we show that genetic variants leading to inosine triphosphatase deficiency, a condition not thought to be clinically important, protect against haemolytic anaemia in hepatitis-C-infected patients receiving RBV...
- [Higher brain dysfunction in benign childhood epilepsy with centrotemporal spike and atypical benign partial epilepsy of childhood]Junri Hattori
Department of Child Neurology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama
No To Hattatsu 34:484-90. 2002..K-ABC), Wechsler intelligence scales for children-revised (WISC-R), Illinois test of psycholinguistic abilities (ITPA), Benton visual retention test (BVRT), Token test, calculation, figure copying task, letter copying task, line ..
- The impact of inosine triphosphatase variants on hemoglobin level and sustained virologic response of chronic hepatitis C in KoreanJu Seung Kim
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Gachon University, Gil Medical Center, Incheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 28:1213-9. 2013rs1127354, rs7270101) gene cause ITPA deficiency and protect against the hemolytic toxicity of ribavirin...
- Analysis of human ITPase nucleobase specificity by site-directed mutagenesisAmanda D Gall
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Eastern Washington University, 226 Science Building, Cheney, WA 99004, USA
Biochimie 95:1711-21. 2013Inosine triphosphate (ITP) pyrophosphohydrolase, or ITPase, is an intracellular enzyme that is responsible for the hydrolysis of the acidic anhydride bond between the alpha and beta phosphates in ITP, and other noncanonical nucleoside ..
- Localization of the inosine triphosphatase locus (Itp) on chromosome 2 of the mouseB A Taylor
Biochem Genet 25:267-74. 1987..The mapping of Itp on chromosome 2 identifies a chromosomal segment that has been conserved since the divergence of lineages leading to mouse and man...
- Allelic inhibition of displacement activity: a simplified one tube allele-specific PCR for evaluation of ITPA polymorphismsE Galmozzi
First Division of Gastroenterology, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Virol Methods 187:271-3. 2013..infection have identified two functional single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene, that are associated strongly and independently with hemolytic anemia in patients exposed to pegylated-..
- The role of viral and host genetics in natural history and treatment of chronic HCV infectionJoseph S Doyle
Centre for Population Health, Burnet Institute, 85 Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 26:413-27. 2012..treatment outcome: IL28B polymorphism is associated with spontaneous clearance and treatment responsiveness; ITPA polymorphism protects against ribavirin-induced anaemia and dose reductions; genetic determinants of liver fibrosis ..
- Genetic variants at the ITPA locus protect against ribavirin-induced hemolytic anemia and dose reduction in an HCV G2/G3 cohortArne Nørgaard Eskesen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Medical Division, Akershus University Hospital, Lørenskog, Norway
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:890-6. 2012Two functional genetic variants in the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene have been shown to be strongly associated with protection from ribavirin (RBV)-induced hemolysis...
- A novel multiparameter flow cytometric assay for inosine triphosphatase expression analysis in leukocytesWim H M Vroemen
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology, Atrium Medical Center Parkstad, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Cytometry A 81:672-8. 2012The aim of this study was to assess inosine triphosphate (ITPase) expression in the different leukocyte populations present in peripheral blood samples of a nonimmune compromised control group...
- Genomic variation-guided management in chronic hepatitis CChing Sheng Hsu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Taipei Branch, Taiwan
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:497-506. 2012..Following these studies, ITPA gene variants were reported to affect ribavirin-induced anemia and therapeutic outcomes of CHC patients...
- Identification of an ITPase/XTPase in Escherichia coli by structural and biochemical analysisJimin Zheng
Department of Biochemistry, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
Structure 13:1511-20. 2005..The enzymatic activity of YjjX as an inosine/xanthosine triphosphatase provides evidence for a plausible protection mechanism by clearing the noncanonical nucleotides from the cell during oxidative stress in E. coli...
- Pharmacogenetics during standardised initiation of thiopurine treatment in inflammatory bowel diseaseU Hindorf
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, 22185 Lund, Sweden
Gut 55:1423-31. 2006..Firm recommendations about the way thiopurine drugs are introduced and the use of thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and metabolite measurements during treatment in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) are lacking...
- Linguistic features of Japanese twins at 3 or 4 years of age evaluated by Illinois test of psycholinguistic abilitiesYoko Kobayashi
Department of Health Promotion Science, Faculty of Health Science Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Twin Res Hum Genet 9:272-8. 2006..A Japanese version of the Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities (ITPA) was administered in 24 twin pairs (aged 3 to 4 years) at their own homes...
- The Fagan Test of Infant Intelligence: predictive validity in a random sampleH W Andersson
Department of Psychology, University of Trondheim, Dragvoll, Norway
Psychol Rep 78:1015-26. 1996..Scale of Intelligence-Revised (WPPSI-R) and three subtests from the Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic Abilities (ITPA). Low internal consistency of the Fagan test was found, with alphas of .10 and .02 for the two study sites...
- Molecular basis of the antimutagenic activity of the house-cleaning inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase RdgB from Escherichia coliAlexei Savchenko
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research and Ontario Center for Structural Proteomics, University of Toronto, 112 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L6
J Mol Biol 374:1091-103. 2007..Here we present the 1.5-A-resolution crystal structure of the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase RdgB from Escherichia coli in a free state and in complex with a substrate (ITP+Ca(2+)) or a ..
- Reliability and validity issues related to interactive tailored patient assessments: a case studyCornelia M Ruland
Center for Shared Decision Making and Nursing Research, Rikshospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
J Med Internet Res 9:e22. 2007Recently there has been a proliferation of interactive tailored patient assessment (ITPA) tools...
- [Basic patterns of learning disability: follow-up study of very low birth weight children]M Ishikawa
Nagoya City District Care Center for Disabled Children
No To Hattatsu 31:229-36. 1999..mental development of VLBW without major handicap was investigated using several neuropsychological tests (ITPA, BGT, WISC-R) suitable for their ages...
- Common genetic polymorphism of ITPA gene affects ribavirin-induced anemia and effect of peg-interferon plus ribavirin therapyTakahiro Azakami
Laboratory for Digestive Diseases, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Hiroshima, Japan
J Med Virol 83:1048-57. 2011An association between a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) gene and reduction of hemoglobin during peg-interferon plus ribavirin combination therapy for patients with chronic hepatitis ..
- Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase 94C>A polymorphism: clinical implications for patients with systemic lupus erythematosus treated with azathioprineKoujirou Yamamoto
Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Maebashi, Japan
Expert Opin Drug Saf 9:447-57. 2010..Under AZA therapy, inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) deficiency presumably leads to accumulation of unusual thioinosine metabolites with the ..
- No induction of thiopurine methyltransferase during thiopurine treatment in inflammatory bowel diseaseM Lindqvist
Department of Medicine and Care, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 25:1033-7. 2006..gene expression and enzyme activity and thiopurine metabolite concentrations, and to study the role of TPMT and ITPA 94C > A polymorphisms for the development of adverse drug reactions...
- The impact of human gene polymorphisms on HCV infection and disease outcomeEsperance A K Schaefer
GI Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Semin Liver Dis 31:375-86. 2011..b>ITPA is a gene on chromosome 20, coding for inosine triphosphatase, and polymorphisms on this gene have been associated ..
- [Genetic polymorphisms as predictors of response to antiviral treatment in chronic hepatitis C virus infection]Alajos Par
Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Klinikai Központ I Belgyógyászati Klinika Pécs Ifjúság u 13 7624
Orv Hetil 152:876-81. 2011..Last year it was shown that two genetic variants leading to inosine triphosphatase deficiency protect against haemolytic anemia in patients receiving ribavirin during antiviral treatment for chronic HCV infection...
- Genome-wide association study of interferon-related cytopenia in chronic hepatitis C patientsAlexander J Thompson
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27701, USA
J Hepatol 56:313-9. 2012..We performed a genome wide association study on a well-characterized genotype 1 HCV cohort to identify genetic determinants of peginterferon-α (pegIFN)-related thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, and leukopenia...
- Management and treatment of chronic hepatitis C in HIV patientsPablo Barreiro
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Semin Liver Dis 32:138-46. 2012..e., elastometry) and pharmacogenomics (testing for IL28B and perhaps ITPA polymorphisms), along with consideration of early viral kinetics to guide length and drugs needed could help to ..
- Influences of thiopurine methyltransferase genotype and activity on thiopurine-induced leukopenia in Korean patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a retrospective cohort studyJae Hak Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Dongguk University College of Medicine, Goyang si, Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 44:e242-8. 2010..of this study was to investigate the relative risk of the thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) genotypes and TPMT activity for the development of leukopenia in Korean IBD patients during ..
- Identification of two novel tumor-associated antigens recognized by HLA-B46-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocytesShigeki Shichijo
Department of Immunology, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume, Fukuoka 830 0011, Japan
Int J Mol Med 12:895-902. 2003..We show that two genes encoding splicing factor (SF) 2 and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) have epitopes recognized by HLA-B46-restricted and tumor cell-reactive CTL lines established ..
- Structures of dimeric nonstandard nucleotide triphosphate pyrophosphatase from Pyrococcus horikoshii OT3: functional significance of interprotomer conformational changesNeratur K Lokanath
Advanced Protein Crystallography Research Group, RIKEN SPring 8 Center, Harima Institute, 1 1 1 Kouto, Sayo cho, Sayo gun, Hyogo 679 5148, Japan
J Mol Biol 375:1013-25. 2008..to that of previously reported crystal structures of the NTPase from Methanococcus jannaschii and the human ITPase. They share a similar protomer folding with two domains and a similar homodimeric quaternary structure...
- Allele frequency of inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) and thiopurine-S-methyl transferase (TPMT) genes in the Tunisian populationSalma Melaouhia
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Centre National de Pharmacovigilance, Tunis, Tunisia
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 36:178-84. 2012The aim of this study was to determine the frequencies of TPMT and ITPA polymorphisms in Crohn's disease patients of Tunisian origin and to compare them with allele frequencies previously reported in other populations of various ethnic ..
- Inosine triphosphatase polymorphisms and ribavirin pharmacokinetics as determinants of ribavirin-associate anemia in patients receiving standard anti-HCV treatmentAntonio DʼAvolio
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Turin, Amedeo di Savoia Hospital, Italy
Ther Drug Monit 34:165-70. 2012Functional variants of inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) were recently found to protect against ribavirin (RBV)-induced hemolytic anemia...
- HCV-GenoFibrotest: a combination of viral, liver and genomic (IL28b, ITPA, UGT1A1) biomarkers for predicting treatment response in patients with chronic hepatitis CJean Marc Costa
Pasteur Cerba, Cergy Pontoise, France
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 35:204-13. 2011Three gene polymorphisms, interferon-lambda-3 (IL28B), inosinetriphosphatase (ITPA) and bilirubinuridine diphosphate-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT1A1) are associated with treatment (interferon and ribavirin) efficacy and adherence in ..
- Pharmacogenomic studies of the anticancer and immunosuppressive thiopurines mercaptopurine and azathioprineAhmed F Hawwa
Clinical and Practice Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Medical Biology Centre, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:517-28. 2008....
- Isothermal target and probe amplification for Mycobacterium tuberculosis identification from broth culturesH W Moon
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Konkuk University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 16:516-20. 2012Various methods are used to identify Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex (MTC) from broth cultures. The isothermal target and probe amplification (iTPA) method has recently been introduced as a simple and cost-effective molecular assay.
- Interleukin28B and inosine triphosphatase help to personalize hepatitis C treatmentYasuhito Tanaka
Department of Virology and Liver Unit, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi, Mizuho, Nagoya, Japan
Digestion 84:50-5. 2011..by a genome-wide association study technology provides the unexpected role of IL28B and inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) in HCV infection...
- The multidrug-resistance protein 4 polymorphism is a new factor accounting for thiopurine sensitivity in Japanese patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseHiromistu Ban
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta Tukinowa, Otsu, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:1014-21. 2010..In this study, we investigated the association between MRP4 G2269A polymorphism and thiopurine sensitivity in Japanese IBD patients...
- Azathioprine in the treatment of autoimmune blistering diseasesVolker Meyer
Department of Dermatology, University of Muenster, Von Esmarch Str 58, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
Dermatol Clin 29:545-54. 2011..Severe reactions are due to reduced thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) or inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA) activity...
- Inosine triphosphate protects against ribavirin-induced adenosine triphosphate loss by adenylosuccinate synthase functionYuki Hitomi
Center for Human Genome Variation, School of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Gastroenterology 140:1314-21. 2011Genetic variation of inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) causing an accumulation of inosine triphosphate (ITP) has been shown to protect patients against ribavirin (RBV)-induced anemia during treatment for chronic hepatitis C infection by ..
- A comprehensive screening system for damaged nucleotide-binding proteinsDaisuke Tsuchimoto
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mutat Res 703:37-42. 2010..We identified both mouse inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) and human ITPA, well-known ITP hydrolyzing enzymes, as ITP-binding proteins...
- Review article: the benefits of pharmacogenetics for improving thiopurine therapy in inflammatory bowel diseaseL Chouchana
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Biochimie, Pharmacogénétique et Oncologie Moléculaire, Paris, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 35:15-36. 2012..Optimal thiopurine dosing is challenging for preventing adverse drug reactions and improving clinical response...
- Single and combined IL28B, ITPA and SLC28A3 host genetic markers modulating response to anti-hepatitis C therapyJorn Lotsch
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Goethe University Hospital, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Franfurt am Main, Germany
Pharmacogenomics 12:1729-40. 2011..a sustained virologic response (SVR) by frequent IL28B gene variants and of ribavirin-induced hemolysis by frequent ITPA gene variants...
- A pharmacogenetics study of TPMT and ITPA genes detects a relationship with side effects and clinical response in patients with inflammatory bowel disease receiving AzathioprineWilliam Zabala-Fernández
Laboratorio de Genetica Molecular, Unidad de Genética Médica, Universidad del Zulia, República Bolivariana de Venezuela
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 20:247-53. 2011..Variants in the Thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) and Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) genes have been associated with AZA toxicity, but also can contribute to the lack of ..
- Redefining baseline demographics: the role of genetic testing in hepatitis C virus infectionJacinta A Holmes
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, St Vincent s Hospital, 41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy 3065, Victoria, Australia
Clin Liver Dis 15:497-513. 2011..Genome-wide association studies have recently identified genetic variants, most notably IL28B and ITPA, which will enhance the ability of clinicians to personalize antiviral therapy for HCV infection.
- IL28B but not ITPA polymorphism is predictive of response to pegylated interferon, ribavirin, and telaprevir triple therapy in patients with genotype 1 hepatitis CKazuaki Chayama
Laboratory for Digestive Diseases, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Japan
J Infect Dis 204:84-93. 2011....
- Variants in the ITPA gene protect against ribavirin-induced hemolytic anemia in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients with all HCV genotypesSusanna Naggie
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Infect Dis 205:376-83. 2012..study reported a strong association with a single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the inosine triphosphate (ITPA) gene and hemolytic anemia in patients infected with hepatitis C virus (HCV) receiving pegylated interferon and ..
- Pharmacological exposure to ribavirin: a key player in the complex network of factors implicated in virological response and anaemia in hepatitis C treatmentVeronique Loustaud-Ratti
Federation d Hépatologie, CHU de Limoges, Limoges, France
Dig Liver Dis 43:850-5. 2011..on anaemia is probably genetically determined; however, the low prevalence of the implicated protective alleles of the inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase gene could explain their lack of influence on sustained virological response.
- Determinants of mercaptopurine toxicity in paediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia maintenance therapyTiphaine Adam de Beaumais
Department of Pediatric Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Robert Debre Hospital, Paris, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:575-84. 2011..We investigated the impact of non-genetic covariates and pharmacogenetic polymorphisms affecting thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) on 6-MP metabolism and response.
- Rapid and simple detection of the invA gene in Salmonella spp. by isothermal target and probe amplification (iTPA)J S Kim
Food Research and Development Center, Samsung Everland Inc, Giheung gu, Yongin, South Korea
Lett Appl Microbiol 52:399-405. 2011..Salmonella enterica serovars Enteritidis and Typhimurium cause the majority of human gastroenteritis infections, and there are a reported 40,000 cases of salmonellosis in the United States each year...
- Inosine triphosphatase genetic variants are protective against anemia during antiviral therapy for HCV2/3 but do not decrease dose reductions of RBV or increase SVRAlexander J Thompson
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA
Hepatology 53:389-95. 2011Two functional variants in the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene causing inosine triphosphatase (ITPase) deficiency protect against ribavirin (RBV)-induced hemolytic anemia and the need for RBV dose reduction in patients with genotype 1 ..
- Influence of ITPA polymorphisms on decreases of hemoglobin during treatment with pegylated interferon, ribavirin, and telaprevirFumitaka Suzuki
Department of Hepatology, Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatology 53:415-21. 2011Polymorphisms of the inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) gene influence anemia during pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin (RBV) therapy, but their effects during triple therapy with PEG-IFN, RBV, and telaprevir are not known...
- Real-time colorimetric detection of target DNA using isothermal target and signaling probe amplification and gold nanoparticle cross-linking assayCheulhee Jung
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, KAIST, 335 Gwahak ro, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Biosens Bioelectron 26:1953-8. 2011..detection of target DNA in conjugation with our unique isothermal target and signaling probe amplification (iTPA) method, comprising novel ICA (isothermal chain amplification) and CPT (cycling probe technology)...
- The effect of ITPA polymorphisms on the enzyme kinetic properties of human erythrocyte inosine triphosphatase toward its substrates ITP and 6-Thio-ITPJaap A Bakker
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics, Department of Clinical Genetics, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 30:839-49. 2011The role of inosine triphosphatase (ITPase) in adverse drug reactions associated with thiopurine therapy is still under heavy debate. Surprisingly, little is known about the way thiopurines are handled by ITPase...
- [Prognosis of three-year-old children with developmental speech delay: reading and writing abilities at eight years of age]T Koeda
Division of Child Neurology, Tottori University School of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 22:235-40. 1990..Reading and writing skills were evaluated in twelve of the speech delayed children at 8 years by ITPA, Token test and their compositions...
- Genetic variations in the HGPRT, ITPA, IMPDH1, IMPDH2, and GMPS genes in Japanese individualsMutsumi Kudo
Department of Clinical Pharmaceutics, Tohoku Pharmaceutical University, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8578, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 24:557-64. 2009..and exon-intron junctions of 5 enzyme genes (hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase, HGPRT; inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase, ITPA; inosine monophosphate dehydrogenases 1 and 2, IMPDH1 and IMPDH2 and guanosine monophosphate ..
- Crystal structure of human inosine triphosphatase. Substrate binding and implication of the inosine triphosphatase deficiency mutation P32TPal Stenmark
Structural Genomics Consortium, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 282:3182-7. 2007Inosine triphosphatase (ITPA) is a ubiquitous key regulator of cellular non-canonical nucleotide levels. It breaks down inosine and xanthine nucleotides generated by deamination of purine bases...
- Review article: interactions between genotype and response to therapy in inflammatory bowel diseasesK R Herrlinger
Radcliffe Infirmary, Gastroenterology Unit, Oxford, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:1403-12. 2006..Recent research has focussed on the possibility of predicting a drugs' efficacy and/or toxicity by identifying polymorphic variants in the genes encoding enzymes involved in metabolic pathways...
- Review article: thiopurines in inflammatory bowel diseaseL J J Derijks
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Maxima Medical Center, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:715-29. 2006..In the past 10-20 years, knowledge of both thiopurine pharmacology and -pharmacogenetics has been extended dramatically and used to develop new strategies to improve efficacy and reduce toxicity...
- Pancytopenia due to high 6-methylmercaptopurine levels in a 6-mercaptopurine treated patient with Crohn's diseaseL P L Gilissen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Maastricht azM, P Debyelaan 25, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Dig Liver Dis 39:182-6. 2007..showed a wildtype thiopurine S-methyltransferase TPMT(H/H) (*1/*1) genotype and a wildtype inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase gene. TPMT and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase activity were normal...
- Pharmacogenetics of thiopurine therapy in paediatric IBD patientsL de Ridder
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1137-41. 2006..The occurrence and type of adverse events to azathioprine may be related to thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) enzyme activity and to inosine triphophate pyrophosphatase (ITPase) deficiency.
- Inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase and thiopurine s-methyltransferase genotypes relationship to azathioprine-induced myelosuppressionZuzana Zelinkova
Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:44-9. 2006..Mutations in the thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) genes have been associated with the occurrence of AZA-related toxicity...
- [Working memory abilities and the severity of phonological disorders]Lisiane Zorzella Linassi
Distúrbios da Comunicação Humana, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria
Pro Fono 17:383-92. 2005..Working memory...
- YjjX: from structure "Tu" functionZihe Rao
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics IBP, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Structure 13:1401-2. 2005It has been shown by structural analysis that YjjX, a hypothetical protein in E. coli, is an ITPase/XTPase and suggest that it may play dual roles in prokaryotic translational regulation and oxidative cell stress response.
- Information transmission defect identified and localized in language learning impaired children by means of electrophysiologyMarkus Huber
Department of Psychiatry, Laboratory of Psychophysiology and Sleep Research, University of Innsbruck Medical School, Innsbruck, Austria
Cortex 41:464-70. 2005..deficit can be identified by the Sound Connecting Sub-Test of the Illinois Test of Psycholinguistic-Abilities (SC-ITPA)...
- Pharmacogenetic association with adverse drug reactions to azathioprine immunosuppressive therapy following liver transplantationDavid P Breen
College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Liver Transpl 11:826-33. 2005..There is evidence that polymorphisms in the genes encoding thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPase) predict adverse drug reactions to AZA therapy...
- Measurement of erythrocyte inosine triphosphate pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA) activity by HPLC and correlation of ITPA genotype-phenotype in a Caucasian populationMaria Shipkova
Central Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Klinikum Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
Clin Chem 52:240-7. 2006Inosine triphosphate (ITP) pyrophosphohydrolase (ITPA) catalyzes the pyrophosphohydrolysis of ITP/dITP and xanthosine triphosphate to prevent incorporation of unusual nucleotides into RNA and DNA...
- Lack of association between the ITPA 94C>A polymorphism and adverse effects from azathioprineRichard B Gearry
Department of Medicine, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Christchurch, New Zealand
Pharmacogenetics 14:779-81. 2004A 94C>A missense mutation in the ITPA gene which encodes inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase has been associated with adverse effects from azathioprine, specifically flu-like symptoms, pancreatitis and rash...
- [Working memory in children with phonological deviation]Lisiane Zorzella Linassi
Fonoaudióloga, Mestre em Distúrbios da Comunicação Humana pela, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria
Pro Fono 16:75-82. 2004..working memory...
- Expression analyses identify MLL as a prominent target of 11q23 amplification and support an etiologic role for MLL gain of function in myeloid malignanciesBruce Poppe
Centre for Medical Genetics, University Hospital Ghent, Belgium
Blood 103:229-35. 2004..In MLL-amplified samples, a significant transcriptional up-regulation of MEIS1, PROML1, ADAM10, NKG2D, and ITPA was noted...
- DNA polymorphisms in ITPA including basis of inosine triphosphatase deficiencyHenian Cao
Blackburn Cardiovascular Genetics Laboratory, Robarts Research Institute, 406 100 Perth Drive, London, ON N6A 5K8, Canada
J Hum Genet 47:620-2. 2002..6.1.19), which is encoded by ITPA on chromosome 20p...