Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITM2B
Description: integral membrane protein 2B
Alias: ABRI, BRI, BRI2, BRICD2B, E25B, E3-16, FBD, imBRI2, ABri/ADan amyloid peptide, BRICHOS domain containing 2B, immature BRI2, transmembrane protein BRI
Publications143 found, 100 shown here
- BRI3 inhibits amyloid precursor protein processing in a mechanistically distinct manner from its homologue dementia gene BRI2Shuji Matsuda
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 1046, USA
J Biol Chem 284:15815-25. 2009..we show that BRI3, a member of the BRI gene family that includes the familial British and Danish dementia gene BRI2, interacts with APP and serves as an endogenous negative regulator of Abeta production...
- The familial dementia BRI2 gene binds the Alzheimer gene amyloid-beta precursor protein and inhibits amyloid-beta productionShuji Matsuda
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 280:28912-6. 2005..Here, we show that BRI2, a type II membrane protein, interacts with A(beta)PP...
- BRI2 interacts with amyloid precursor protein (APP) and regulates amyloid beta (Abeta) productionAngeliki Fotinopoulou
Division of Animal and Human Physiology, Department of Biology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 157 84 Panepistimiopolis, Ilisia, Athens, Greece
J Biol Chem 280:30768-72. 2005Transmembrane proteins BRI2 and amyloid precursor protein (APP) co-localize with amyloid beta (Abeta) lesions in sporadic Alzheimer disease and mutations in both precursor proteins are linked to early-onset familial cases of cerebral ..
- [Hereditary cerebral amyloid angiopathies]F Gray
Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, Hopital Raymond Poincare, Paris
Rev Neurol (Paris) 157:1207-17. 2001..g. beta-amyloid, cystatin C, transthyretin, gelsolin, amyloid protein Bri, prion protein)...
- Giant syncytia and virus-like particles in ovarian carcinoma cells isolated from ascites fluidE M Rakowicz-Szulczynska
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3255, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 6:115-26. 1999..stained with an anti-human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) gp120 monoclonal antibody (MAb) and MAb RAK-BrI. Both MAbs recognized cancer-associated antigens RAK (for Rakowicz markers) p120, p42, and p25...
- Identification of heat shock protein 5, calnexin and integral membrane protein 2B as Adam7-interacting membrane proteins in mouse spermCecil Han
School of Life Sciences, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Korea
J Cell Physiol 226:1186-95. 2011..that Adam7 forms complexes with calnexin (Canx), heat shock protein 5 (Hspa5), and integral membrane protein 2B (Itm2b)...
- Differential expression and regulation of integral membrane protein 2b in rat male reproductive tissuesDeivendran Rengaraj
College of Life Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Asian J Androl 10:503-11. 2008To examine the expression and regulation of integral membrane protein 2b (Itm2b) in rat male reproductive tissues during sexual maturation and under different treatments by in situ hybridization.
- Bile reflux index after therapeutic biliary proceduresSedef Kuran
Gastroenterology Department, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Gastroenterol 8:4. 2008..Patients are potential "bile refluxers". The aim of this study was to assess how these procedures affect the histology-based bile reflux index (BRI), which can be used to reflect duodenogastric reflux (DGR).
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathies: a pathologic, biochemical, and genetic viewTamas Revesz
Queen Square Brain Bank, Department of Molecular Neuroscience and Division of Neuropathology, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 62:885-98. 2003..of the Gerstmann-Sträussler-Scheinker syndrome, and 5) ABri and ADan in CAAs observed in the recently described BRI2 gene-related dementias, familial British dementia and familial Danish dementia, respectively...
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy and gene polymorphismsMasahito Yamada
Department of Neurology and Neurobiology of Aging, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, 13 1, Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
J Neurol Sci 226:41-4. 2004..in association with various amyloid proteins including amyloid beta protein (Abeta), cystatin C, prion protein, ABri/ADan, transthyretin, and gelsolin...
- Trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C in the treatment of pediatric glaucomasP A Sidoti
Department of Ophthalmology, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York 10003, USA
Ophthalmology 107:422-9. 2000..To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C (MMC) in the management of childhood glaucomas...
- Herbal formula FBD extracts prevented brain injury and inflammation induced by cerebral ischemia-reperfusionZhihong Lin
Department of Chinese Medicinal Prescription, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 118:140-7. 2008The aim of this work was to verify neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties of FBD, a herbal formula composed of Poria cocos, Atractylodes macrocephala and Angelica sinensis, in ICR mice subjected to repetitive 10 min of common ..
- Many drugs and phytochemicals can be activated to biological reactive intermediatesWilliam W Johnson
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, OSI Pharmaceuticals, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
Curr Drug Metab 9:344-51. 2008..Because any consequence of a biological reactive intermediate (BRI) is dependent on many factors a number of BRIs are benign...
- Laxative and anti-diarrheal activity of polycarbophil in mice and ratsTakaharu Saito
Research and Development Headquarters, Hokuriku Seiyaku, CO, Ltd, Katsuyama, Fukui, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 89:133-41. 2002..an insoluble hydrophilic polymer, in comparison with other agents used for treating functional bowel disorder (FBD). In naive rats, polycarbophil (500 mg/kg) increased fecal weight and water contents without producing diarrhea...
- Bile reflux gastritis and intestinal metaplasia at the cardiaM F Dixon
Academic Unit of Pathology, University of Leeds, UK
Gut 51:351-5. 2002..reflux brings about histological changes in the gastric mucosa that can be graded and used to calculate a bile reflux index (BRI). We used the BRI to assess whether reflux of bile plays a part in the development of cardia IM.
- Investigation of three new mouse mammary tumor cell lines as models for transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta and Neu pathway signaling studies: identification of a novel model for TGF-beta-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitionAnne E G Lenferink
Receptor, Signaling and Proteomics Group, National Research Council, Biotechnology Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 6:R514-30. 2004..mouse mammary tumor virus)/activated Neu + TbetaRII-AS (transforming growth factor [TGF]-beta type II receptor antisense RNA) bigenic mice (BRI-JM01 and BRI-JM05 cell lines) and MMTV/activated Neu transgenic mice (BRI-JM04 cell line).
- Sporadic and familial cerebral amyloid angiopathiesTamas Revesz
Queen Square Brain Bank, Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, University College London, UK
Brain Pathol 12:343-57. 2002..meningo-vascular amyloidoses, gelsolin as well as familial prion disease-related CAAs and the recently described BRI2 gene-related CAAs in familial British dementia and familial Danish dementia...
- The clinical course of postinfectious irritable bowel syndrome: a five-year follow-up studyIn Su Jung
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei Institute of Gastroenterology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:534-40. 2009..Bacterial gastroenteritis has been known to be a risk factor for IBS. We investigated the clinical course, risk factors, and prognosis of postinfectious IBS (PI-IBS) 5 years after Shigella infection...
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy: an overviewM Yamada
Department of Neurology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Neuropathology 20:8-22. 2000..amyloid beta-protein (Abeta), cystatin C (ACys), prion protein (AScr), transthyretin (ATTR), gelsolin (AGel), and ABri (or A-WD)) have been identified, leading to the classification of several types of CAA...
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy and parenchymal amyloid deposition in transgenic mice expressing the Danish mutant form of human BRI2Ruben Vidal
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Brain Pathol 19:58-68. 2009..FDD is caused by a 10-nucleotide duplication-insertion in the BRI(2) gene that generates a larger-than-normal precursor protein, of which the Danish amyloid subunit (ADan) comprises ..
- Isolation of small-sized human epidermal progenitor/stem cells by Gravity Assisted Cell Sorting (GACS)Yasushi Fujimori
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0654, USA
J Dermatol Sci 56:181-7. 2009..Small diameter characterizes epidermal progenitor/stem cells. We have developed Gravity Assisted Cell Sorting (GACS) to simply enrich small-sized epidermal progenitor/stem cells...
- Symptom patterns and relative distribution of functional bowel disorders in 1,023 gastroenterology patients in IranDelnaz Roshandel
Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Taleghani Hospital, Parvaneh Street, Velenjak, Tehran, Iran
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:814-25. 2006There are scanty data on functional bowel disorder (FBD) patterns in Iran. This first-time study tried to provide preliminary data on relative distribution of different types of FBD and their symptom patterns in Iranian patients.
- A new approach to the diagnosis of children's urolithiasis based on the Bonn Risk IndexTadeusz Porowski
First Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1123-8. 2008..The aims of this study were to determine CaOx crystallization using the Bonn Risk Index (BRI) in children with urolithiasis in comparison to healthy controls, to evaluate the relationships between BRI and ..
- Bile reflux gastritis and Barrett's oesophagus: further evidence of a role for duodenogastro-oesophageal reflux?M F Dixon
Academic Unit of Pathology, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Gut 49:359-63. 2001..Bile injury to the gastric mucosa results in a "chemical" gastritis in which oedema and intestinal metaplasia are prominent...
- Pyroglutamate formation influences solubility and amyloidogenicity of amyloid peptidesDagmar Schlenzig
Probiodrug AG, Weinbergweg 22, 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Biochemistry 48:7072-8. 2009..Similarly, the deposited amyloid peptides ABri and ADan, which cause a very similar histopathology in familial British dementia (FBD) and familial Danish dementia ..
- Memory deficits due to familial British dementia BRI2 mutation are caused by loss of BRI2 function rather than amyloidosisRobert Tamayev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 30:14915-24. 2010..FBD is caused by a missense mutation at the stop codon of the BRI2 gene (Vidal et al...
- Enrichment of human beta 1 bri/alpha 6 bri/CD71 dim keratinocytes after culture in defined mediaKatrin Lorenz
University of Leipzig, Biotechnological Biomedical Center, Department of Cell Techniques and Applied Stem Cell Biology, Leipzig, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 189:382-90. 2009..In addition, the proportion of the alpha(6)(bri)/ CD71(dim)-expressing keratinocyte cell population was enhanced about 35.4 +/- 6...
- [Origins determination of Herba Abri cantoniensis and Herba Abri mollis with FTIR combined with fuzzy cluster and curve-fitting]Yi Bing Wang
Lab of Biophysics, Guangxi Academy of Sciences, Nanning 530007, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 30:937-42. 2010The methods of fuzzy cluster and curve-fitting combined with FTIR were used to determine the origins of Herba Abri cantoniensis and Herba Abri mollis...
- ["Sick building syndrome"--a new problem of occupational medicine]T Wittczak
Klinika Chorób Zawodowych Instytut Medycyny Pracy, Łódź
Med Pr 52:369-73. 2001..This term or another one "building-related illness" (BRI) is used to define illnesses related to non-industrial and non-residential buildings, mainly modern offices, in ..
- Genetic diversity among Toxoplasma gondii isolates of small ruminants from Brazil: novel genotypes revealedAlessandra M A Ragozo
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva e Saude Animal, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Dr Orlando Marques de Paiva, 87, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 05508 270, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 170:307-12. 2010..gondii isolates. Eight isolates (4 from sheep and 4 from goats) were grouped into the common clonal type BrI lineage. One sheep isolate was grouped to the type BrIII lineage...
- Expression of intracellular cytokines, HSP72, and apoptosis in monocyte subsets during exertional heat stress in trained and untrained individualsG A Selkirk
Defence R and D Canada Toronto, 1133 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, ON, Canada M3M 3B9
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R575-86. 2009..TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-6, IL-1ra, and IL-10) in CD14(++)CD16(-)/CD14(+)CD16(+) and HSP72/apoptosis in CD14(Bri)/CD14(Dim) subsets. In addition, serum levels of extracellular (e)HSP72 were also examined...
- Probing the relationship between interfacial concentrations and lipase activity in cationic W/O microemulsions: a quantitative study by chemical trappingAntara Dasgupta
Department of Biological Chemistry and Center for Advanced Materials, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, India
Langmuir 23:4137-43. 2007..The interfacial concentrations of water ([H2Oi]), bromide ([Bri-]), and n-hexanol ([HexOHi]) were estimated in the W/O microemulsions of six surfactants with varying headgroup ..
- Familial British dementia: colocalization of furin and ABri amyloidClaudia Schwab
Kinsmen Laboratory of Neurological Research, University of British Columbia, 2255 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 106:278-84. 2003..The abnormal C-terminal fragment, ABri, accumulates in FBD in the form of extracellular amyloid deposits...
- [Epidemiological study of functional bowel disorders in Iceland]Linda B Olafsdóttir
Iceland University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Laeknabladid 91:329-33. 2005The aim of the present study was to evaluate the prevalence of functional bowel disorders (FBD) in a population-based sample and to assess FBD-related health care seeking and medication in Iceland.
- Automated measurement and calibration of reactive volatile halogenated organic compounds in the atmosphereDavid J Wevill
Department of Chemistry, University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD UK
Analyst 129:634-8. 2004..organic halocarbons CH(3)I, CHCl(3), C(2)H(5)I, 2-C(3)H(7)I, CH(2)Br(2), CH(2)ClI, CHBr(2)Cl, 1-C(3)H(7)I, CH(2)BrI, CHBr(3) and CH(2)I(2) for long term atmospheric field measurements are described...
- Characterization of health related quality of life (HRQOL) for patients with functional bowel disorder (FBD) and its response to treatmentDouglas Drossman
The UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1442-53. 2007..little information is available on the performance of HRQOL questionnaires for the functional bowel disorders (FBD)...
- Detecting points as developmental delay based on the life-history development and urosome deformity of the harpacticoid copepod, Tigriopus japonicus sensu lato, following exposure to benzo(a)pyreneHyun Woo Bang
Division of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University, Yeosu 550 749, Republic of Korea
Chemosphere 76:1435-9. 2009..male emergence day (AMED), sex ratio (MER), brooding success rate (BSR), and first brooding day of adult females (FBD) were measured...
- Between celiac disease and irritable bowel syndrome: the "no man's land" of gluten sensitivityElena F Verdu
Farncombe Family Digestive Health Research Institute, Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1587-94. 2009..It explores the hypothesis that, in a proportion of patients, GS causes functional bowel disorder (FBD)-like symptoms...
- Critical role for reactive oxygen species in apoptosis induction and cell migration inhibition by diallyl trisulfide, a cancer chemopreventive component of garlicKumar Chandra-Kuntal
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2 32A Hillman Cancer Center Research Pavilion, 5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 138:69-79. 2013..MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231) and a cell line derived from spontaneously developing mammary tumor of a transgenic mouse (BRI-JM04) to DATS resulted in a dose-dependent inhibition of cell viability that was accompanied by apoptosis induction...
- [Bacteriostatic and/or bactericidal extract of Aloe vera gel on cultures of Listeria monocytogenes]Luis Guillermo Ramírez Mérida
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias y Tecnologia, Escuela de Ciencias Biomédicas y Tecnológicas, Instituto de Investigaciones en Nutrición, Universidad de Carabobo, Sede Valencia, Venezuela
Arch Latinoam Nutr 62:73-8. 2012Listeria monocytogenes is a bacteria responsible for food borne diseases (FBD)...
- Female-biased dispersal in a bat with a female-defence mating strategyMartina Nagy
Museum für Naturkunde, Leibniz Institute for Research on Evolution and Biodiversity, Invalidenstraße 43, D 10115, Berlin, Germany
Mol Ecol 22:1733-45. 2013The ultimate causes for predominant male-biased dispersal (MBD) in mammals and female-biased dispersal (FBD) in birds are still subject to much debate...
- PCR-RFLP genotyping of Toxoplasma gondii from chickens from Espírito Santo state, Southeast region, Brazil: new genotypes and a new SAG3 marker alleleH F J Pena
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva e Saude Animal, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 192:111-7. 2013..Four isolates, distributed in four counties, corresponded to the Type BrI lineage, the genotype found most frequently in Brazil. No clonal Types I, II or III lineages were found...
- Abundant pyroglutamate-modified ABri and ADan peptides in extracellular and vascular amyloid deposits in familial British and Danish dementiasAnika Saul
Division of Molecular Psychiatry, Georg August University Goettingen, University Medicine Goettingen, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 34:1416-25. 2013..are progressive neurodegenerative disorders characterized by cerebral deposition of the amyloidogenic peptides ABri and ADan, respectively...
- Inhibition of γ-secretase worsens memory deficits in a genetically congruous mouse model of Danish dementiaRobert Tamayev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Neurodegener 7:19. 2012A mutation in the BRI2/ITM2b gene causes familial Danish dementia (FDD). BRI2 is an inhibitor of amyloid-β precursor protein (APP) processing, which is genetically linked to Alzheimer's disease (AD) pathogenesis...
- Čerenkov radiation emission and excited luminescence (CREL) sensitivity during external beam radiation therapy: Monte Carlo and tissue oxygenation phantom studiesRongxiao Zhang
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Dartmouth College, Hanover NH 03755, USA
Biomed Opt Express 3:2381-94. 2012..As the fiber-to-beam distance (FBD) varied from 0 to 30 mm, i.e...
- Differential features of foodborne gastroenteritis outbreaks of known and unknown etiologyA Dominguez
Department of Public Health, University of Barcelona, Casanova 143, Barcelona 08036, Spain
J Food Prot 72:1958-62. 2009Foodborne diseases (FBD) are a major cause of disease and death, but their etiologies are not always known...
- Effect of gonadectomy on HCC development in HBV transgenic miceM Barone
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation D E T O, University of Bari, Ospedale Policlinico, Piazza G Cesare 11, 70124 Bari, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 41:150-5. 2009..Epidemiological data demonstrate that HCC is prevalent in men compared to women. Herein, we examined the effect of gonadectomy in a murine model that spontaneously develops HCC...
- BRI3 associates with SCG10 and attenuates NGF-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cellsYanhua Gong
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Science, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, National Human Genome Center, Beijing, China
BMB Rep 41:287-93. 2008..These results identify a novel connection between a neuron-specific BRI protein and the cytoskeletal network, suggesting possible roles of BRI3 in the process of neuronal differentiation.
- Form and dimensions of aggregates dictate cytotoxicities of Danish dementia peptidesIra Surolia
Department of Biochemistry, South Campus, Delhi University, New Delhi 100021, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:62-6. 2008Familial Danish dementia (FDD) is a neurodegenerative disease which results due to alterations in the BRI2 gene. The pathological symptoms of the disease are cerebral amyloidolysis, parenchymal protein deposits and neuronal degeneration...
- N-Terminal pyroglutamate formation of Aβ38 and Aβ40 enforces oligomer formation and potency to disrupt hippocampal long-term potentiationDagmar Schlenzig
Probiodrug AG, Halle Saale, Germany
J Neurochem 121:774-84. 2012..and familial forms of Alzheimer's disease (AD) and the inherited disorders familial British and Danish Dementia (FBD and FDD)...
- Application of biomarkers to assess the condition of European Marine SitesJosephine A Hagger
School of Biosciences, University of Exeter, Prince of Wales Road, Exeter, Devon EX4 4PS, UK
Environ Pollut 157:2003-10. 2009..information on the activity of certain classes of contaminants and an integrated Biomarker Response Index (BRI) was used to achieve a more holistic understanding of the condition of the SAC...
- Analysis of foodborne disease outbreaks for improvement of food safety programs in Seoul, Republic of Korea, from 2002 to 2006Jib Ho Lee
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Environ Health 71:51-5. 2009Foodborne disease (FBD) is a common food safety problem in Seoul, Republic of Korea...
- The extracellular domain of Bri2 (ITM2B) binds the ABri peptide (1-23) and amyloid beta-peptide (Abeta1-40): Implications for Bri2 effects on processing of amyloid precursor protein and Abeta aggregationSiwei Peng
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, The Biomedical Centre, Box 575, 75123 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 393:356-61. 2010..Recently, the transmembrane protein ITM2B/Bri2, which is expressed in neurons and associated with familial British and Danish dementia, was shown to inhibit ..
- Radiographic abnormalities in cats with feline bronchial disease and intra- and interobserver variability in radiographic interpretation: 40 cases (1999-2006)Julie Gadbois
Companion Animal Research Group, Departement de Sciences Cliniques, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S 7C6, Canada
J Am Vet Med Assoc 234:367-75. 2009To determine prevalence of various radiographic signs in cats with feline bronchial disease (FBD) and evaluate intra- and interobserver variability in radiographic interpretation for examiners with variable degrees of experience in ..
- Relevance of the BONN Risk Index for metabolic monitoring of patients with calcium oxalate urolithiasis: a clinical application study of the UrolizerWolfgang Berg
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Klinikum der Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Lessingstrasse 1, 07743, Jena, Germany
Urol Res 37:55-62. 2009The BONN Risk Index (BRI) successfully determines the calcium oxalate (CaOx) crystallization risk from urine samples. The BRI is based on a standardized crystallization test performed on native urine...
- Cognitive factors affect treatment response to medical and psychological treatments in functional bowel disordersStephan R Weinland
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7080, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 105:1397-406. 2010For clinical trials in functional bowel disorders (FBD), the definition of a responder, one who meets the predefined criteria for a clinical response, is needed...
- Exploring photoinduced decarboxylation mechanism of o-acetylphenylacetic acid from the combined CASSCF and DFT studiesLina Ding
Department of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, People s Republic of China
J Org Chem 75:1630-6. 2010..Four isomers, (3)BRi (i = 1-4), were found to be stable for the triplet 1,4-biradical...
- Diagnostic performance of Baveno IV criteria in cirrhotic patients with upper gastrointestinal bleeding: analysis of the F7 liver-1288 study populationD Thabut
UPMC, AP HP, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Hepatol 53:1029-34. 2010..to control bleeding agreed upon at the Baveno IV consensus meeting, included the Adjusted Blood Requirement Index [ABRI: number of blood units/(final-initial hematocrit+0.01)]. ABRI ≥0.75 denotes failure...
- An antioxidant phytotherapy to rescue neuronal oxidative stressZhihong Lin
Department of Chinese Medicinal Prescription, China Pharmaceutical University, 639 Longmian Avenue, Jiangning University City, Nanjing, Jiangsu 211198, China
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:519517. 2011..Chinese name: Bai Zhu) and Angelica sinensis (Chinese names: Danggui, Dong quai, Donggui; Korean name: Danggwi) (FBD), has been proved to be beneficial in the treatment of cerebral ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)...
- Experimental acute respiratory Burkholderia pseudomallei infection in BALB/c miceMark S Lever
Biomedical Sciences, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory Dstl, Porton Down, Salisbury, UK
Int J Exp Pathol 90:16-25. 2009..Mice were infected with 100 B. pseudomallei strain BRI bacteria by the aerosol route (approximately 20 median lethal doses)...
- Instruction in behavior modification can significantly alter soil-transmitted helminth (STH) re-infection following therapeutic de-wormingJulia W Albright
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Tropical Medicine, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 37:48-57. 2006..with a course of mebendazole and provided with 6-7 months of "behavioral remediation instruction" (BRI). In other ("control") schools, children were treated with mebendazole but were not provided BRI...
- RecQ promotes toxic recombination in cells lacking recombination intermediate-removal proteinsDaniel B Magner
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell 26:273-86. 2007..coli RecQ can promote the opposite: the net accumulation of BRIs. We report that cells lacking Ruv and UvrD BRI-resolution and -prevention proteins die and display failed chromosome segregation attributable to accumulation of ..
- Diagnosing irritable bowel syndrome: poor agreement between general practitioners and the Rome II criteriaP O Vandvik
Dept of Medicine, Innlandet Hospital Health Authority, Gjøvik, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:448-53. 2004..In this study the agreement between general practitioners (GPs) and the Rome II criteria for diagnosing of IBS and functional bowel disorders (FBD) is examined.
- Extensive analysis of the 13q14 region in human prostate tumors: DNA analysis and quantitative expression of genes lying in the interval of deletionAlain Latil
UroGene, Genopole, 4 rue Pierre Fontaine, F 91058, Evry Cedex, France
Prostate 57:39-50. 2003..This alteration may be involved in prostate oncogenesis through inactivation of one or more tumor suppressor genes (TSGs). Candidate gene expression is an approach to focus the search for TSGs in this region...
- Prevalence of functional bowel disorders and related health care seeking: a population-based studyA Icks
Dept of Biometrics and Epidemiology, German Diabetes Research Institute, Dusseldorf, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 40:177-83. 2002There are few population-based studies on prevalence of functional bowel disorders (FBD) and related health care seeking...
- The relation of urinary Tamm-Horsfall-protein on CaOx-crystallization under the scope of the Bonn-Risk-IndexN Laube
Division of Experimental Urology, Department of Urology, Bonn University, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Urol Res 29:45-9. 2001In previous papers we introduced the Bonn-Risk Index (BRI) as a new method of evaluating an individual's actual risk of forming calcium oxalate (CaOx)...
- Effect of nectar secretion rate on pollination success of Passiflora coccinea (Passifloraceae) in the Central AmazonE Fischer
Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, CEP 13081 970, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Braz J Biol 66:747-54. 2006..superciliosus visiting behavior. For control flowers, NSR was an increasing function of flower base diameter (FBD). The total number of Ph. superciliosus probes per flower was an increasing function of FBD...
- β- but not γ-secretase proteolysis of APP causes synaptic and memory deficits in a mouse model of dementiaRobert Tamayev
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
EMBO Mol Med 4:171-9. 2012A mutation in the BRI2/ITM2b gene causes loss of BRI2 protein leading to familial Danish dementia (FDD)...
- The α-helical content of the transmembrane domain of the British dementia protein-2 (Bri2) determines its processing by signal peptide peptidase-like 2b (SPPL2b)Regina Fluhrer
Adolf Butenandt Institute, Biochemistry, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:5156-63. 2012..We recently demonstrated that Bri2 (itm2b) is a substrate for regulated intramembrane proteolysis by SPPL2a and SPPL2b...
- 2-[(4-Bromo-phenyl-imino)-meth-yl]-4,6-di-iodo-phenolHao Ji
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, People s Republic of China, and Jiangsu Tiansheng Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Jurong Jiangsu 212415, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online 68:o788. 2012The title compound, C(13)H(8)BrI(2)NO, was prepared by the reaction of 3,5-diiodo-salicyl-aldehyde with 4-bromo-phenyl-amine in ethanol. There is an intra-molecular O-H⋯N hydrogen bond in the mol-ecule, which generates an S(6) ring...
- Three-dimensional evaluation of root canal morphology in lower second premolars of early and middle Pleistocene human populations from Atapuerca (Burgos, Spain)Leyre Prado-Simón
Dental Anthropology Group, National Research Centre on Human Evolution CENIEH, Burgos, Spain
Am J Phys Anthropol 147:452-61. 2012..heidelbergensis from Atapuerca-Sima de los Huesos locality, H. neanderthalensis from Krapina, Regourdou, and Abri Bourgeois-Delaunay localities, and two contemporary H. sapiens groups...
- Benzyl isothiocyanate causes FoxO1-mediated autophagic death in human breast cancer cellsDong Xiao
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e32597. 2012..The BITC-treated breast cancer cells (MDA-MB-231, MCF-7, MDA-MB-468, BT-474, and BRI-JM04) and MDA-MB-231 xenografts from BITC-treated mice exhibited several features characteristic of autophagy, ..
- The promotion of neurological recovery in an intracerebral hemorrhage model using fibrin-binding brain derived neurotrophic factorQian Qian Han
Key Laboratory of Molecular Developmental Biology, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Biomaterials 32:3244-52. 2011..In this work, we have fused a fibrin-binding domain (FBD) to BDNF (FBD-BDNF), and results demonstrate that FBD-BDNF has specific binding ability to fibrin and is retained ..
- Testing the predictability of the relative urinary supersaturation from the Bonn-Risk-Index for calcium oxalate stone formationN Laube
Department of Urology, University of Bonn, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:966-9. 2001..The Bonn-Risk-Index (BRI) is a new strategy for the evaluation of the risk of calcium oxalate formation, by performing crystallization ..
- In silico identification of carboxylate clamp type tetratricopeptide repeat proteins in Arabidopsis and rice as putative co-chaperones of Hsp90/Hsp70Bishun D Prasad
Department of Biology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e12761. 2010..additional protein domains such as ankyrin, SET, octicosapeptide/Phox/Bem1p (Phox/PB1), DnaJ-like, thioredoxin, FBD and F-box, and protein kinase and U-box, indicating varied functions for these proteins...
- Finding cancer stem cells: are aldehyde dehydrogenases fit for purpose?Malcolm R Alison
Blizard Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and London School of Medicine, London, UK
J Pathol 222:335-44. 2010..useful marker for enriching for cells with tumour-initiating activity (presumed cancer stem cells) in immunodeficient mice, and indeed the frequency of so-called ALDH(bri) cells in many tumours can be an independent prognostic indicator.
- Standards in consent for cataract surgeryBertie Fernando
East Lancashire NHS Trust, Burnley General Hospital, Burnley, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1464-8. 2007Consent forms for cataract surgery performed at Burnley General Hospital (BGH) and Blackburn Royal Infirmary (BRI) from October 4 to December 7, 2004, were prospectively reviewed to ensure that the East Lancashire Hospital's National ..
- Burn resuscitation index: a simple method for calculating fluid resuscitation in the burn patientSteven A Kahn
Department of Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Burn Care Res 31:616-23. 2010..Size Score (BSS), which is then crossreferenced with the patient's weight on a preprinted Burn Resuscitation Index (BRI), based on the Parkland formula, to determine initial hourly fluid rate...
- Communications: Photoinitiated bond dissociation of bromoiodomethane in solution: Comparison of one-photon and two-photon excitations and the formation of iso-CH(2)Br-I and iso-CH(2)I-BrKuo Chun Tang
Department of Chemistry, University of Michigan, 930 N University Ave, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1055, USA
J Chem Phys 132:141102. 2010..femtosecond transient absorption spectroscopy was used to monitor the excited state photochemistry of CH(2)BrI following one-photon excitation at 266 or 271 nm and two-photon excitation at 395 or 405 nm in 2-butanol...
- Effects of combined androgen blockade on bone metabolism and density in men with locally advanced prostate cancerM Ozgür Tan
Ministry of Health Ankara Hospital, Clinics of Urology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ankara, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 34:75-9. 2002..To investigate whether combined androgen blockade (CAB) produces any adverse effects on bone metabolism and mineral density in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer...
- Foodborne disease surveillance in the Pacific: perspectives for the futureTom Chiller
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Foodborne and Diarrheal Disease Branch, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Pac Health Dialog 12:127-33. 2005..of technical experts convened to develop practical options that PICTs might consider to enhance foodborne disease (FBD) surveillance systems...
- The alteration of urine composition due to stone material present in the urinary tractNorbert Laube
Division of Experimental Urology, Department of Urology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur Urol 44:595-9. 2003..Based on a recently introduced mathematical model approach we show that uroliths located in the urinary tract (UT) can substantially deplete the urinary concentrations of lithogenic constituents by continuous growth...
- Inhibition of vitreoretinal VEGF elevation and blood-retinal barrier breakdown in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats by brimonidineJyotirmoy Kusari
Department of Biological Sciences, Allergan, Inc, Irvine, California 92612 1599, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:1044-51. 2010To determine whether long-term brimonidine (BRI) treatment prevents the hyperglycemia-induced increase in vitreoretinal vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression and breakdown of the blood-retinal barrier (BRB) in ..
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy: a common cause of cerebral hemorrhageA Pezzini
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Neurology Clinic, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Curr Med Chem 16:2498-513. 2009..to the protein deposited including amyloid beta peptide (Abeta), cystatin C (ACys C), prion protein (PrP(Sc)), ABri/ADan, transthyretin (ATTR), and gelsolin (AGel). Most often amyloid deposition occurs in sporadic forms...
- Usefulness of bronchial reactivity analysis in the diagnosis of bronchial asthma in patients with bronchial hyperresponsivenessF Garcia-Rio
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Respir Med 98:199-204. 2004..Dose-response slope, continuous index of responsiveness (CIR) and bronchial reactivity index (BRI) with respect to baseline and post-diluent baseline values were determined as reactivity indices...
- Progranulin expression correlates with dense-core amyloid plaque burden in Alzheimer disease mouse modelsSandra Pereson
Department of Molecular Genetics, VIB, Antwerpen, Belgium
J Pathol 219:173-81. 2009..Data were validated by image and biochemical analyses on different ages of Tg2576, APPPS1, and Abeta42-depositing BRI-Abeta42 mice...
- Long-term genetic stability and population dynamics of laboratory strains of Schistosoma mansoniWalter A Blank
Center for Global Health and Diseases, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Parasitol 96:900-7. 2010..The first period corresponds to an admixture event with the BRI strain in which a new equilibrium was established as the "migrants" became blended into the existing CWRU ..
- Comparison of food safety cognitions and self-reported food-handling behaviors with observed food safety behaviors of young adultsJ M Abbot
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:572-9. 2009..roles as caregivers likely to be preparing food for populations who may be at greater risk for foodborne disease (FBD)...
- The genomic sequence analysis of the left and right species-specific terminal region of a cowpox virus strain reveals unique sequences and a cluster of intact ORFs for immunomodulatory and host range proteinsS N Shchelkunov
Department of Molecular Biology of Genomes, State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology Vector Koitsovo, Novosibirsk Region, Russia
Virology 243:432-60. 1998..A comparison of the sequences of ORF B, crmA, crmB, crmC, IMP, and CHO hr genes of CPV Brighton strain (CPV-BRI) with the corresponding genes in strain GRI-90 have revealed an identity at the amino acid level ranging from 82 to ..
- Perception of dysphonic voice quality by naive listenersV I Wolfe
Department of Communication and Dramatic Arts, Auburn University at Montgomery, AL 36117 3596, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 43:697-705. 2000..female voices was associated with high frequency noise as reflected by two acoustic measures: breathiness index (BRI) and a high-frequency power ratio...
- Effect of ethanol on BOLD response to acoustic stimulation: implications for neuropharmacological fMRIE Seifritz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Psychiatry Res 99:1-13. 2000..Assuming a baseline flow increase by 10% after ethanol intake, the resulting 'Flow-BOLD-Dependence' (FBD) curve suggested that the ethanol-related BOLD signal reduction was approximately 7-12% greater than the reduction ..
- Expression and regulation of type II integral membrane protein family members in mouse male reproductive tissuesDeivendran Rengaraj
College of Life Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen, 361005, China
Endocrine 31:193-201. 2007Type II Integral membrane protein (Itm2) family consists of three members, Itm2a, Itm2b and Itm2c. ITM2B has been shown to be closely related to human male reproduction...
- Sequence, genomic structure and tissue expression of Human BRI3, a member of the BRI gene familyR Vidal
New York University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, New York, USA
Gene 266:95-102. 2001..Previous studies established the cDNA sequence and structure of the human and mouse BRI1 and BRI2 genes and we recently reported that mutations in the BRI2 isoform, located on chromosome 13, are associated with ..
- [Sequence analysis and expression study of BRI gene in two lung adenocarcinoma cell lines with different metastatic potential]Huan Jie Yang
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, 150086 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 20:292-6. 2003To investigate the sequence of amyloid fibrils (BRI) gene and its expression in two lung adenocarcinoma cell lines AGZY83-a and Anip973 with the same tumor origin but different metastatic potential.
- Population structure and mouse-virulence of Toxoplasma gondii in BrazilH F J Pena
Department of Preventive Veterinary Medicine and Animal Health, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Dr Orlando Marques de Paiva, 87, CEP 05508 270, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Parasitol 38:561-9. 2008..These lineages are designated as Types BrI, BrII, BrIII and BrIV. These results indicate that the T...
- Evaluation of the altimetry from SRTM-3 and planimetry from high-resolution PALSAR FBD data for semi-detailed topographic mapping in the Amazon RegionThiago G Rodrigues
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais, Divisão de Sensoriamento Remoto, Sao Jose dos Campos, SP, Brasil
An Acad Bras Cienc 83:953-66. 2011..was acquired from Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM), while the planimetry was provided from Fine Beam Dual (FBD) images of the Phased Array L-band Synthetic Aperture Radar (PALSAR) sensor...
- Lower respiratory tract infections in cats: reaching beyond empirical therapySusan F Foster
Vetnostics, 60 Waterloo Rd, North Ryde, NSW 2060, Australia
J Feline Med Surg 13:313-32. 2011..temptation in practice to treat cats with lower respiratory tract signs empirically for feline bronchial disease (FBD)/asthma...
- Results of and further prevention of hypoxic fetal brain damage by inhibition of xanthine oxidase enzyme with allopurinolDomokos Boda
Department of Pediatrics, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
J Perinat Med 39:441-4. 2011..The explanation for the poor results of AP treatment in human fetal brain damage (FBD) cases is that the drug was applied postnatally...
- [Expression of tumor matrix markers rebuild in laryngeal cancer depends on number of smoked cigarettes]Magdalena Bodnar
Katedra i Zakład Patomorfologii Klinicznej, Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika, Torun, Collegium Medicum im L Rydygiera, Bydgoszcz
Przegl Lek 67:850-4. 2010..8%) compared with cancer cells (6%). However we've found no expression of TGF-BRI in samples from patients smoking more then 20 cigarettes a day...
- Magnetic resonance imaging response monitoring of breast cancer during neoadjuvant chemotherapy: relevance of breast cancer subtypeClaudette E Loo
Department of Radiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital NKI AVL, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 29:660-6. 2011..To evaluate the relevance of breast cancer subtypes for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) markers for monitoring of therapy response during neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC)...
- 5-Bromo-2-iodo-1,3-dimethyl-benzeneRui Liu
Department of Applied Chemistry, College of Science, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing 210009, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr E Struct Rep Online 64:o219. 2007The asymmetric unit of the title compound, C(8)H(8)BrI, contains three independent mol-ecules. In each molecule, the Br, I and C atoms of the methyl groups lie in the benzene ring plane...
- Cerebral Amyloidosis and DementiaJorge Ghiso; Fiscal Year: 2009..The deposited proteins (ABri in FBD and ADan in FDD), nevertheless, differ from AB in length and in primary structure and yet, all species share ..
- Cerebral Amyloidosis and DementiaJORGE A GHISO; Fiscal Year: 2010..The deposited proteins (ABri in FBD and ADan in FDD), nevertheless, differ from AB in length and in primary structure and yet, all species share ..
- Cerebral Amyloidosis and DementiaJorge Ghiso; Fiscal Year: 2009..The deposited proteins (ABri in FBD and ADan in FDD), nevertheless, differ from AB in length and in primary structure and yet, all species share ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF FUNCTIONAL BOWEL DISORDERSDouglas Drossman; Fiscal Year: 2001..is to compare the efficacies of clinical treatments for the group of chronic, painful functional bowel disorders (FBD) that predominantly affect women...
- AMYLOID ANGIOPATHY, EARLY PLAQUES & AGINGBlas Frangione; Fiscal Year: 2003..Degradation of the carboxyl-end of this abnormal precursor molecule releases a 34 amino acid amyloid peptide (ABri) found deposited in vascular and parenchymal plaques in patients with FBD...
- Capillary DNA Sequencer/Genetic AnalyzerLESTER CASHDOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 2003The Blood Research Institute (BRI) of The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin has an established, long-term commitment to blood-related research...
- Breast Cancer Prevention by Ayurvedic Medicine ConstituentsShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010..aims of this project are to: (1) Determine the mechanism of WA-mediated ROS production using MDA-MB-231, MCF-7, BRI-JM04, and MCF-10A cell lines as a model;(2) Determine the mechanism of WA-mediated activation of JNK1/2 using the ..
- C. Elegans Model for Neurodegenerative Diseases of AgingRichard I Morimoto; Fiscal Year: 2010..proteins (Androgen Receptor, Ataxin-3, Huntingtin, mutant SOD1, A2 and related amyloidogenic proteins ADan and ABri, and yeast prions (Sup35)...
- Therapeutic Targeting of Abnormal Conformation in Neurodegenerative DiseaseThomas M Wisniewski; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesized that through "conformational mimicry" the polymerized ABri peptide could induce a conformation selective immune response that will recognize both A and conformationally ..
- Breast Cancer Prevention by Ayurvedic Medicine ConstituentsShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2011..aims of this project are to: (1) Determine the mechanism of WA-mediated ROS production using MDA-MB-231, MCF-7, BRI-JM04, and MCF-10A cell lines as a model;(2) Determine the mechanism of WA-mediated activation of JNK1/2 using the ..
- EARLY DETECTION OF URINARY BLADDER CANCERBogdan Czerniak; Fiscal Year: 2007..of studies: (1) Perform functional analyses and assessment of the already identified putative "forerunner genes" (ITM2B, P2RY5, and CHClL) located contiguously to RB1 as novel early detection biomarkers...
- Bruker Biospec 9.4T/40cm Bore MRI SystemShi Jiang Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..The NCRR-SIG will be administered by the MCW Biophysics Research Institute (BRI) in alliance with the college's Cancer Center and the Human and Molecular Genetics Center...
- Transgenic Mice Depositing Individual AB peptidesEileen McGowan; Fiscal Year: 2006..peptides are efficiently expressed and secreted without APP overexpression, we created transgenic mice that express BRI-Abeta, fusion proteins...
- Research IrradiatorLESTER CASHDOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 2006The Blood Research Institute (BRI) of The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin has an established, long-term commitment to blood-related research...
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN TRANSFUSION SCIENCERICHARD ASTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Senior Investigators at the Blood Research Institute (BRI) of BCSEW will serve as mentors for trainees. Richard H Aster, M.D. and Peter J Newman, Ph.D...