Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITGB7
Description: integrin subunit beta 7
Alias: integrin beta-7, gut homing receptor beta subunit, integrin beta 7 subunit
- Pentikäinen U, Ylanne J. The regulation mechanism for the auto-inhibition of binding of human filamin A to integrin. J Mol Biol. 2009;393:644-57 pubmed publisher..This observed force-induced conformational change can also be one of possible mechanisms involved in the regulation of integrin activation. ..
- Jelicic K, Cimbro R, Nawaz F, Huang D, Zheng X, Yang J, et al. The HIV-1 envelope protein gp120 impairs B cell proliferation by inducing TGF-Î²1 production and FcRL4 expression. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:1256-65 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify a mechanism whereby the virus may subvert the early HIV-1-specific humoral immune response. ..
- Arthos J, Cicala C, Martinelli E, Macleod K, Van Ryk D, Wei D, et al. HIV-1 envelope protein binds to and signals through integrin alpha4beta7, the gut mucosal homing receptor for peripheral T cells. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:301-9 pubmed publisher..On CD4+ T cells, engagement of alpha4beta7 by gp120 resulted in rapid activation of LFA-1, the central integrin involved in the establishment of virological synapses, which facilitate efficient cell-to-cell spreading of HIV-1. ..
- Shaw S, Cepek K, Murphy E, Russell G, Brenner M, Parker C. Molecular cloning of the human mucosal lymphocyte integrin alpha E subunit. Unusual structure and restricted RNA distribution. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:6016-25 pubmed..High levels of alpha E and beta 7 mRNA were restricted to mucosal lymphocytes supporting the hypothesis that alpha E beta 7 plays a role in the localization or site-specific functions of intra-epithelial T-lymphocytes. ..
- Woodberry T, Suscovich T, Henry L, August M, Waring M, Kaur A, et al. Alpha E beta 7 (CD103) expression identifies a highly active, tonsil-resident effector-memory CTL population. J Immunol. 2005;175:4355-62 pubmed
- Calderwood D, Huttenlocher A, Kiosses W, Rose D, Woodside D, Schwartz M, et al. Increased filamin binding to beta-integrin cytoplasmic domains inhibits cell migration. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:1060-8 pubmed..Thus, tight filamin binding restricts integrin-dependent cell migration by inhibiting transient membrane protrusion and cell polarization. ..
- Tan K, Casasnovas J, Liu J, Briskin M, Springer T, Wang J. The structure of immunoglobulin superfamily domains 1 and 2 of MAdCAM-1 reveals novel features important for integrin recognition. Structure. 1998;6:793-801 pubmed..Finally, the unusual charge distribution of the two-domain fragment of MAdCAM-1 is predicted to orient the molecule optimally for integrin binding on the top of its long mucin-like stalk. ..
- Travis M, van der Flier A, Kammerer R, Mould A, Sonnenberg A, Humphries M. Interaction of filamin A with the integrin beta 7 cytoplasmic domain: role of alternative splicing and phosphorylation. FEBS Lett. 2004;569:185-90 pubmed..the interaction between recombinant fragments from the C-terminus of filamin A and the cytoplasmic tail of integrin beta 7 as a model, we report a negative regulatory role for filamin alternative splicing...
- Nawaz F, Cicala C, Van Ryk D, Block K, Jelicic K, McNally J, et al. The genotype of early-transmitting HIV gp120s promotes ? (4) ?(7)-reactivity, revealing ? (4) ?(7) +/CD4+ T cells as key targets in mucosal transmission. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001301 pubmed publisher..Understanding the structural features that characterize early-transmitting gp120s may aid in the design of an effective gp120-based subunit vaccine. ..
- Zhang Y, Hou Y, Wang X, Ping J, Ma Z, Suo C, et al. The effects of kisspeptin-10 on serum metabolism and myocardium in rats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179164 pubmed publisher..The RT-PCR result for ITGB8, ITGA4, ITGB7, MYL7, HIF1-? and BNP corresponded with the gene chip assay...
- Delecluse S, Tsai M, Shumilov A, Bencun M, Arrow S, Beshirova A, et al. Epstein-Barr Virus Induces Expression of the LPAM-1 Integrin in B Cells In Vitro and In Vivo. J Virol. 2019;93: pubmed publisher..We found that EBV infection induces the expression of integrin beta 7 (ITGB7), an integrin that associates with integrin alpha 4 to form the LPAM-1 dimer...
- Gorfu G, Rivera Nieves J, Hoang S, Abbott D, Arbenz Smith K, Azar D, et al. Beta7 integrin deficiency suppresses B cell homing and attenuates chronic ileitis in SAMP1/YitFc mice. J Immunol. 2010;185:5561-8 pubmed publisher..assess the role of ?(7) integrins in chronic ileitis, we generated SAMP1/YitFc lacking ?(7) integrins (SAMP1/YitFc Itgb7(-/-)) using a congenic strain developed via marker-assisted selection...
- Tassaneetrithep B, Tivon D, Swetnam J, Karasavvas N, Michael N, Kim J, et al. Cryptic determinant of Î±4Î²7 binding in the V2 loop of HIV-1 gp120. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108446 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, the anti-V2 antibodies that apparently reduced the risk of infection in the RV144 trial may have functioned by blocking Î±4Î²7-mediated HIV-host cell interactions via this cryptic determinant. ..
- Kawabata Y, Nishida N, Awata T, Kawasaki E, Imagawa A, Shimada A, et al. Genome-Wide Association Study Confirming a Strong Effect of HLA and Identifying Variants in CSAD/lnc-ITGB7-1 on Chromosome 12q13.13 Associated With Susceptibility to Fulminant Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes. 2019;68:665-675 pubmed publisher..56 × 10-23, odds ratio [OR] 3.18). In addition, rs11170445 in CSAD/lnc-ITGB7-1 on chromosome 12q13.13 showed an association at a genome-wide significance level (P = 7...
- Monteiro P, Gilot D, Le Ferrec E, Lecureur V, N Diaye M, Le Vee M, et al. AhR- and c-maf-dependent induction of beta7-integrin expression in human macrophages in response to environmental polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:442-8 pubmed..Taken together, these data establish beta7 ITG as a new molecular target of PAHs, whose up-regulation by these environmental contaminants most likely requires activation of co-operative pathways involving both AhR and c-maf. ..
- Witt S, Frank J, Gilles M, Lang M, Treutlein J, Streit F, et al. Impact on birth weight of maternal smoking throughout pregnancy mediated by DNA methylation. BMC Genomics. 2018;19:290 pubmed publisher..birth weight was partly mediated by the methylation of cg25325512 (PIM1); cg25949550 (CNTNAP2); and cg08699196 (ITGB7). Sex-specific analyses revealed a mediating effect for cg25949550 (CNTNAP2) in male newborns...
- Hilden T, Valmu L, Kärkkäinen S, Gahmberg C. Threonine phosphorylation sites in the beta 2 and beta 7 leukocyte integrin polypeptides. J Immunol. 2003;170:4170-7 pubmed..Sequence analysis by manual radiosequencing by Edman degradation established that threonine phosphorylation occurred in the same threonine triplet as in beta(2) phosphorylation. ..
- Ehrlicher A, Nakamura F, Hartwig J, Weitz D, Stossel T. Mechanical strain in actin networks regulates FilGAP and integrin binding to filamin A. Nature. 2011;478:260-3 pubmed publisher..These results identify a molecular mechanotransduction element within the actin cytoskeleton, revealing that mechanical strain of key proteins regulates the binding of signalling molecules. ..
- Calderwood D, Fujioka Y, de Pereda J, García Alvarez B, Nakamoto T, Margolis B, et al. Integrin beta cytoplasmic domain interactions with phosphotyrosine-binding domains: a structural prototype for diversity in integrin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2272-7 pubmed..These data establish that short integrin beta tails interact with a large number of PTB domain-containing proteins through a structurally conserved mechanism. ..
- Ohguchi H, Hideshima T, Bhasin M, Görgün G, Santo L, Cea M, et al. The KDM3A-KLF2-IRF4 axis maintains myeloma cell survival. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10258 pubmed publisher..adhesion to bone marrow stromal cells and reduces MM cell homing to the bone marrow, in association with decreased ITGB7 expression in MAF-translocated MM cell lines...
- Qi J, Zhang K, Zhang Q, Sun Y, Fu T, Li G, et al. Identification, characterization, and epitope mapping of human monoclonal antibody J19 that specifically recognizes activated integrin ?4?7. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15749-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, J19 is a potentially powerful tool for both studies on ?(4)?(7) activation mechanism and development of novel therapeutics targeting the activated lymphocyte expressing high affinity ?(4)?(7). ..
- Neri P, Ren L, Azab A, Brentnall M, Gratton K, Klimowicz A, et al. Integrin ?7-mediated regulation of multiple myeloma cell adhesion, migration, and invasion. Blood. 2011;117:6202-13 pubmed publisherIntegrin-?7 (ITGB7) mRNA is detected in multiple myeloma (MM) cells and its presence is correlated with MAF gene activation...
- Cleret Buhot A, Zhang Y, Planas D, Goulet J, Monteiro P, Gosselin A, et al. Identification of novel HIV-1 dependency factors in primary CCR4(+)CCR6(+)Th17 cells via a genome-wide transcriptional approach. Retrovirology. 2015;12:102 pubmed publisher..the NCBI HIV Interaction Database revealed a set of Th17-specific HIV dependency factors (HDFs): PARG, PAK2, KLF2, ITGB7, PTEN, ATG16L1, Alix/AIP1/PDCD6IP, LGALS3, JAK1, TRIM8, MALT1, FOXO3, ARNTL/BMAL1, ABCB1/MDR1, TNFSF13B/BAFF, and ..
- Reitano K, Kottilil S, Gille C, Zhang X, Yan M, O Shea M, et al. Defective plasmacytoid dendritic cell-NK cell cross-talk in HIV infection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2009;25:1029-37 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mechanism by which HIV is capable of suppressing an innate immune function in infected individuals. ..
- Jiang W, Jenkins D, Yuan Q, Leung E, Choo K, Watson J, et al. The gene organization of the human beta 7 subunit, the common beta subunit of the leukocyte integrins HML-1 and LPAM-1. Int Immunol. 1992;4:1031-40 pubmedThe integrin beta 7 subunit associates with two alternative alpha subunits termed alpha HML-1 and alpha 4 to give the lymphocyte activation and homing receptors HML-1 and LPAM-1...
- Perez L, Chen H, Liao H, Montefiori D. Envelope glycoprotein binding to the integrin ?4?7 is not a general property of most HIV-1 strains. J Virol. 2014;88:10767-77 pubmed publisher..Our evidence indicates that infectious HIV-1 virions and many gp120s lack detectable ?4?7 binding activity, suggesting that this homing receptor may play a limited role in direct HIV-1 infection of cells. ..
- Chakupurakal G, Onion D, Cobbold M, Mautner V, Moss P. Adenovirus vector-specific T cells demonstrate a unique memory phenotype with high proliferative potential and coexpression of CCR5 and integrin alpha4beta7. AIDS. 2010;24:205-10 pubmed publisher..Ad5-specific T cells demonstrate a phenotype and proliferative potential that would support HIV infection; these results are pertinent to the findings of the Step Study and future use of Ad5 as a vaccine vector. ..
- Schneider D, Engelman D. Involvement of transmembrane domain interactions in signal transduction by alpha/beta integrins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9840-6 pubmed
- Rao M, Peachman K, Kim J, Gao G, Alving C, Michael N, et al. HIV-1 variable loop 2 and its importance in HIV-1 infection and vaccine development. Curr HIV Res. 2013;11:427-38 pubmed..Immunogens that can induce these antibodies should therefore be taken into consideration when designing HIV-1 vaccine formulations. ..
- Zhang K, Pan Y, Qi J, Yue J, Zhang M, Xu C, et al. Disruption of disulfide restriction at integrin knees induces activation and ligand-independent signaling of ????. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5030-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel mechanism of integrin activation under specific reducing conditions by which integrin can signal and promote cell spreading in the absence of ligand. ..
- Girard A, Vergnon Miszczycha D, DepincÃ© Berger A, Roblin X, Lutch F, Lambert C, et al. Brief Report: A High Rate of Î²7+ Gut-Homing Lymphocytes in HIV-Infected Immunological Nonresponders is Associated With Poor CD4 T-Cell Recovery During Suppressive HAART. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2016;72:259-65 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the great interest to consider Î±4Î²7-targeted therapy in INR patients to block homing of lymphocytes and/or to directly impair gp120-Î±4Î²7 interactions. ..
- Zundler S, Schillinger D, Fischer A, Atreya R, LÃ³pez Posadas R, Watson A, et al. Blockade of Î±EÎ²7 integrin suppresses accumulation of CD8+ and Th9 lymphocytes from patients with IBD in the inflamed gut in vivo. Gut. 2017;66:1936-1948 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that blockade of Î±EÎ²7 in addition to Î±4Î²7 may be particularly effective in intestinal disorders with expansion of CD8+ and Th9 cells such as IBD. ..
- Ithychanda S, Qin J. Evidence for multisite ligand binding and stretching of filamin by integrin and migfilin. Biochemistry. 2011;50:4229-31 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that filamin is mechanically stretched by integrin or migfilin via a multisite binding mechanism for regulating cytoskeleton and integrin-mediated cell adhesion. ..
- Rivera Nieves J, Olson T, Bamias G, Bruce A, Solga M, Knight R, et al. L-selectin, alpha 4 beta 1, and alpha 4 beta 7 integrins participate in CD4+ T cell recruitment to chronically inflamed small intestine. J Immunol. 2005;174:2343-52 pubmed..Thus, pathogenic CD4+ T cells not only use the physiologic alpha4beta7/MAdCAM-1 pathway, but alternatively engage alpha4beta1 and L-selectin to recirculate to the chronically inflamed small intestine...
- Krissansen G, Singh J, Kanwar R, Chan Y, Leung E, Lehnert K, et al. A pseudosymmetric cell adhesion regulatory domain in the beta7 tail of the integrin alpha4beta7 that interacts with focal adhesion kinase and src. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:2203-14 pubmed..Cell-permeable peptidomimetics based on this motif have utility as anti-inflammatory reagents for the treatment of chronic inflammatory disease. ..
- Jiang A, Jiang J, Guo M, Jin Y, Li Y, Wang J. Human Blood-Circulating Basophils Capture HIV-1 and Mediate Viral trans-Infection of CD4+ T Cells. J Virol. 2015;89:8050-62 pubmed publisher..We suggest that strategies designed to prevent basophil-mediated viral capture and transfer may be a new direction for the development of anti-HIV therapy. ..
- Postigo A, Sánchez Mateos P, Lazarovits A, Sanchez Madrid F, de Landazuri M. Alpha 4 beta 7 integrin mediates B cell binding to fibronectin and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1. Expression and function of alpha 4 integrins on human B lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1993;151:2471-83 pubmed..Our studies demonstrate the differential regulation on the expression and function of alpha 4 beta 7 integrin among different human B cell populations. ..
- Li C, Jin W, Du T, Wu B, Liu Y, Shattock R, et al. Binding of HIV-1 virions to Î±4Î² 7 expressing cells and impact of antagonizing Î±4Î² 7 on HIV-1 infection of primary CD4+ T cells. Virol Sin. 2014;29:381-92 pubmed publisher..The established approach provides a promising means for the investigation of other viral strains to understand the potential roles of Î±4Î²7 in HIV-1 infection. ..
- Cicala C, Arthos J. Virion attachment and entry: HIV gp120 Env biotinylation, gp120 Env, or integrin ligand-binding assay. Methods Mol Biol. 2014;1087:3-12 pubmed publisher..Leitinger Biochim Biophys Acta 1498:91-98, 2000). Here we describe a protocol to detect biotinylated recombinant HIV-1 gp120 binding to integrin ?4?7 in both primary cells and cell lines expressing the gut-homing receptor. ..
- Li H, Pauza C. HIV envelope-mediated, CCR5/?4?7-dependent killing of CD4-negative ?? T cells which are lost during progression to AIDS. Blood. 2011;118:5824-31 pubmed publisher..Cell death was increased by antigen stimulation after exposure to envelope glycoprotein. Direct signaling by envelope glycoprotein killed CD4-negative ?? T cells and reproduced a defect observed in all patients with HIV disease. ..
- Hait S, Darc M, Machado E, Soares E, Sprinz E, Soares M. Conservation of the ?4?7 lymphocyte homing receptor in HIV-infected patients with distinct transmission routes and disease progression profiles. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2014;30:493-7 pubmed publisher..routes (HIV-positive adults, vertically infected infants, and seronegative subjects) had their ITGA4 and ITGB7 gene segments corresponding to virus binding sites and C-terminal domains PCR amplified and sequenced...
- Lad Y, Jiang P, Ruskamo S, Harburger D, Ylanne J, Campbell I, et al. Structural basis of the migfilin-filamin interaction and competition with integrin beta tails. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35154-63 pubmed publisher..In this specific case, displacement of integrin tails from filamin by migfilin may provide a mechanism for switching between different integrin-cytoskeleton linkages. ..
- Rossi B, Espeli M, Schiff C, Gauthier L. Clustering of pre-B cell integrins induces galectin-1-dependent pre-B cell receptor relocalization and activation. J Immunol. 2006;177:796-803 pubmed..These results suggest that during pre-B/stromal cell synapse formation, relocalization of pre-B cell integrins mediated by their stromal cell ligands drives pre-BCR clustering and activation, in a GAL1-dependent manner. ..
- Anthis N, Haling J, Oxley C, Memo M, Wegener K, Lim C, et al. Beta integrin tyrosine phosphorylation is a conserved mechanism for regulating talin-induced integrin activation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:36700-10 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that tyrosine phosphorylation is a common mechanism for regulating integrin activation, despite subtle differences in how these integrins interact with their binding proteins. ..
- Parra M, Herrera D, Calvo Calle J, Stern L, Parra López C, Butcher E, et al. Circulating human rotavirus specific CD4 T cells identified with a class II tetramer express the intestinal homing receptors ?4?7 and CCR9. Virology. 2014;452-453:191-201 pubmed publisher..Circulating RV-specific CD4 T cells represent a unique subset that expresses intestinal homing receptors. ..
- Chan B, Elices M, Murphy E, Hemler M. Adhesion to vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 and fibronectin. Comparison of alpha 4 beta 1 (VLA-4) and alpha 4 beta 7 on the human B cell line JY. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:8366-70 pubmed..and immunoprecipitation experiments to demonstrate that a B lymphoblastoid cell line (JY) expressed the integrin beta 7 subunit in association with alpha 4...
- Erle D, Ruegg C, Sheppard D, Pytela R. Complete amino acid sequence of an integrin beta subunit (beta 7) identified in leukocytes. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:11009-16 pubmed..b>Integrin beta 7 is expected to play a role in adhesive interactions of leukocytes.
- Baker E, Sutherland G, Jiang W, Yuan Q, Leung E, Watson J, et al. Mapping of the human integrin beta 7 gene (ITG beta 7) to 12q13.13 by non-isotopic in situ hybridization. Mamm Genome. 1992;2:272-3 pubmed
- Yue J, Pan Y, Sun L, Zhang K, Liu J, Lu L, et al. The unique disulfide bond-stabilized W1 ?4-?1 loop in the ?4 ?-propeller domain regulates integrin ?4?7 affinity and signaling. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:14228-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings reveal a particular molecular basis for ?4?7-mediated rolling cell adhesion and a novel regulatory element of integrin affinity and signaling. ..
- Erle D, Brown T, Christian D, Aris R. Lung epithelial lining fluid T cell subsets defined by distinct patterns of beta 7 and beta 1 integrin expression. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1994;10:237-44 pubmed..The alpha E beta 7- and alpha E beta 7+ BALF T cell subsets were also found to differ in their expression of other integrins.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Yu Y, Zhu J, Mi L, Walz T, Sun H, Chen J, et al. Structural specializations of ?(4)?(7), an integrin that mediates rolling adhesion. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:131-46 pubmed publisher..Lack of induction of the open headpiece conformation by ligand binding enables rolling adhesion to persist until integrin activation is signaled. ..
- Higgins J, Cernadas M, Tan K, Irie A, Wang J, Takada Y, et al. The role of alpha and beta chains in ligand recognition by beta 7 integrins. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:25652-64 pubmed..Thus, although specificity can be determined by the integrin alpha or beta chain, common structural features of both subunits are required for recognition of dissimilar ligands. ..
- Richardson S, Gray E, Mkhize N, Sheward D, Lambson B, Wibmer C, et al. South African HIV-1 subtype C transmitted variants with a specific V2 motif show higher dependence on ?4?7 for replication. Retrovirology. 2015;12:54 pubmed publisher..The higher frequency of P/SDI/V sequences among South African HIV-1 subtype C viruses may have particular significance for the role of ?4?7 in this geographical region. ..
- Vollmert C, Illig T, Altmuller J, Klugbauer S, Loesgen S, Dumitrescu L, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism screening and association analysis--exclusion of integrin beta 7 and vitamin D receptor (chromosome 12q) as candidate genes for asthma. Clin Exp Allergy. 2004;34:1841-50 pubmedThe human genes coding for integrin beta 7 (ITGB7) and vitamin D receptor (VDR) are two of the several candidate genes for asthma and related phenotypes found in a promising candidate region on chromosome 12q that has been identified in ..
- Le Floc h A, Jalil A, Vergnon I, Le Maux Chansac B, Lazar V, Bismuth G, et al. Alpha E beta 7 integrin interaction with E-cadherin promotes antitumor CTL activity by triggering lytic granule polarization and exocytosis. J Exp Med. 2007;204:559-70 pubmed..Thus, CD8(+)/CD103(+) tumor-reactive T lymphocytes infiltrating epithelial tumors most likely play a major role in antitumor cytotoxic response through alpha(E)beta(7)-E-cadherin interactions. ..
- McLinden R, LaBranche C, Chenine A, Polonis V, Eller M, Wieczorek L, et al. Detection of HIV-1 neutralizing antibodies in a human CD4?/CXCR4?/CCR5? T-lymphoblastoid cell assay system. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77756 pubmed publisher..The A3R5 cell line provides a novel approach to guide the development and qualification of promising new HIV-1 vaccine immunogens. ..
- Lundell A, Rabe H, Quiding Jarbrink M, Andersson K, Nordström I, Adlerberth I, et al. Development of gut-homing receptors on circulating B cells during infancy. Clin Immunol. 2011;138:97-106 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the high fraction of circulating IgA+ and IgG+ B cells expressing CCR9 and CCR10 in the first months of life indicates activation of naïve B cells in the gut, coinciding with bacterial colonization. ..
- Liu J, Fu T, Peng B, Sun H, Chu H, Li G, et al. The hydrophobic contacts between the center of the ?I domain and the ?1/?7 helices are crucial for the low-affinity state of integrin ?4 ?7. FEBS J. 2014;281:2915-26 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the hydrophobic contacts also induced the active conformation of ?4 ?7 . Thus, the findings obtained in the present study reveal an important structural basis for the low-affinity state of integrin. ..
- DeNucci C, Shimizu Y. ?1 integrin is critical for the maintenance of antigen-specific CD4 T cells in the bone marrow but not long-term immunological memory. J Immunol. 2011;186:4019-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?(1) integrin-dependent maintenance of memory CD4 T cells in the bone marrow is not required for long-term CD4 T cell memory. ..
- Mora J, Bono M, Manjunath N, Weninger W, Cavanagh L, Rosemblatt M, et al. Selective imprinting of gut-homing T cells by Peyer's patch dendritic cells. Nature. 2003;424:88-93 pubmed..These findings establish that Peyer's patch dendritic cells imprint gut-homing specificity on T cells, and thus license effector/memory cells to access anatomical sites most likely to contain their cognate antigen. ..
- Weitkamp J, Kallewaard N, Bowen A, Lafleur B, Greenberg H, Crowe J. VH1-46 is the dominant immunoglobulin heavy chain gene segment in rotavirus-specific memory B cells expressing the intestinal homing receptor alpha4beta7. J Immunol. 2005;174:3454-60 pubmed..Interestingly, RV-specific intestinal homing IgD-/alpha4beta7+ B cells using the VH1-46 gene segment were not mutated, in contrast to systemic RV-specific IgD- B cells. ..
- Puig Kröger A, Sanz Rodriguez F, Longo N, Sánchez Mateos P, Botella L, Teixido J, et al. Maturation-dependent expression and function of the CD49d integrin on monocyte-derived human dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2000;165:4338-45 pubmed..The differential expression of CD49d on immature and mature MDDC might contribute to their distinct motility capabilities and mediate mature DC migration into lymphoid organs. ..
- He X, Mokili J, Hong K, Chen J, Wei J, Xin R, et al. Conservancy of the ?4?7 integrin mimotope in the V2 domain of HIV type 1 CRF07_BC compared to subtype B' strains in China. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2011;27:1127-33 pubmed publisher..In this study, we compared the ?(4)?(7) binding sites of two HIV-1 subtypes prevalent in China and found that the tripeptide binding domain of ?(4)?(7) was more diverse in subtype B' strains than in CRF07_BC. ..
- Schreder A, Moschovakis G, Halle S, Schlue J, Lee C, Schippers A, et al. Differential Effects of Gut-Homing Molecules CC Chemokine Receptor 9 and Integrin-Î²7 during Acute Graft-versus-Host Disease of the Liver. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015;21:2069-2078 pubmed publisher..However, infiltration of donor T cells in gut but not liver was dependent of MAdCAM-1 expression, indicating, that homing and/or retention of donor T cells rests on divergent molecular pathways depending on the GVHD target tissue. ..
- Riches J, O Donovan C, Kingdon S, McClanahan F, Clear A, Neuberg D, et al. Trisomy 12 chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells exhibit upregulation of integrin signaling that is modulated by NOTCH1 mutations. Blood. 2014;123:4101-10 pubmed publisher..that circulating trisomy 12 CLL cells also have increased expression of the integrins CD11b, CD18, CD29, and ITGB7, and the adhesion molecule CD323...
- Yuan Q, Jiang W, Krissansen G, Watson J. Cloning and sequence analysis of a novel beta 2-related integrin transcript from T lymphocytes: homology of integrin cysteine-rich repeats to domain III of laminin B chains. Int Immunol. 1990;2:1097-108 pubmed..We conclude that beta 7 may be a new member of the leukocyte cell adhesion molecule subset of integrins, and is a candidate immunoregulatory molecule. ..
- Ruegg C, Postigo A, Sikorski E, Butcher E, Pytela R, Erle D. Role of integrin alpha 4 beta 7/alpha 4 beta P in lymphocyte adherence to fibronectin and VCAM-1 and in homotypic cell clustering. J Cell Biol. 1992;117:179-89 pubmed