Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ITGB5
Description: integrin, beta 5
Alias: integrin beta-5
- A NPxY-independent beta5 integrin activation signal regulates phagocytosis of apoptotic cellsSukhwinder Singh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07103 6399, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:540-8. 2007....
- Inhibition of migration and invasion of carcinoma cells by urokinase-derived antagonists of alphavbeta5 integrin activationImmacolata Vocca
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, National Research Council, via Castellino, 111, Naples, Italy
Int J Cancer 124:316-25. 2009..These results shed light on the regulation of cell migration by uPA phosphorylation and provide a realistic opportunity for a novel antiinvasive/metastatic therapeutic intervention...
- Involvement of alphavbeta5 integrin in the establishment of autocrine TGF-beta signaling in dermal fibroblasts derived from localized sclerodermaYoshihide Asano
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 126:1761-9. 2006..Anti-alphavbeta5 antibody reversed the myofibroblastic features of LSc fibroblasts. These results indicate that upregulated expression of alphavbeta5 contributes to autocrine TGF-beta signaling in LSc fibroblasts...
- Syndecan-1 regulates alphavbeta3 and alphavbeta5 integrin activation during angiogenesis and is blocked by synstatin, a novel peptide inhibitorDeannaLee M Beauvais
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Exp Med 206:691-705. 2009..Thus, Sdc1 is a critical regulator of these two important integrins during angiogenesis and tumorigenesis, and is inhibited by the novel SSTN peptide...
- Urokinase receptor interacts with alpha(v)beta5 vitronectin receptor, promoting urokinase-dependent cell migration in breast cancerM V Carriero
National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Cancer Res 59:5307-14. 1999..These data show that uPAR association with alpha(v)beta5 leads to a functional interaction of these receptors and suggest that uPAR directs cytoskeletal rearrangements and cell migration by altering alpha(v)beta5 signaling specificity...
- The alphavbeta5 integrin functions as an endocytic receptor for vitronectinL M Memmo
Cell and Molecular Biology Program, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 111:425-33. 1998..This study provides the first evidence that the alphavbeta5 vitronectin receptor directly mediates the internalization of vitronectin...
- Overexpression of integrin beta 5 enhances the paracrine properties of circulating angiogenic cells via Src kinase-mediated activation of STAT3Maren Leifheit-Nestler
Department of Cardiology and Pulmonology, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1398-406. 2010..To determine the intracellular mechanisms mediating the angiogenic effects of integrin alpha v beta 5 overexpression in circulating angiogenic cells (CACs)...
- P21-activated kinase 4 interacts with integrin alpha v beta 5 and regulates alpha v beta 5-mediated cell migrationHongquan Zhang
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Microbiology, Pathology, and Immunology, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
J Cell Biol 158:1287-97. 2002..Yeast two-hybrid screening identified PAK4 binding to the cytoplasmic domain of the integrin beta 5 subunit, an association that was also found in mammalian cells between endogenous PAK4 and integrin alpha v ..
- Myosin-X provides a motor-based link between integrins and the cytoskeletonHongquan Zhang
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pathology F46, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Nat Cell Biol 6:523-31. 2004..Taken together, these results indicate that Myo10-mediated relocalization of integrins might serve to form adhesive structures and thereby promote filopodial extension...
- Src-mediated coupling of focal adhesion kinase to integrin alpha(v)beta5 in vascular endothelial growth factor signalingBrian P Eliceiri
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 157:149-60. 2002..Our findings indicate that Src can coordinate specific growth factor and extracellular matrix inputs by recruiting integrin alpha(v)beta5 into a FAK-containing signaling complex during growth factor-mediated biological responses...
- Tumor cell invasion is promoted by activation of protease activated receptor-1 in cooperation with the alpha vbeta 5 integrinS C Even-Ram
Departments of Oncology and Pharmacology at the Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Jerusalem 91120, Israel, The Department of Hematology, Medical Center, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
J Biol Chem 276:10952-62. 2001..We propose that the activation of PAR1 may lead to a novel cooperation with the alpha(v)beta(5) integrin that supports tumor cell invasion...
- A biochemical characterization of the binding of osteopontin to integrins alpha v beta 1 and alpha v beta 5D D Hu
Cancer Research Center, La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26232-8. 1995..Collectively, these findings prove that integrins alpha v beta 1, alpha v beta 3, and alpha v beta 5 have similar affinity for OPN. Therefore, all three integrins must be considered when evaluating the biological affects of OPN...
- Rack1, a receptor for activated protein kinase C, interacts with integrin beta subunitJ Liliental
Department of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 273:2379-83. 1998..These findings suggest that Rack1 may link protein kinase C directly to integrins and participate in the regulation of integrin functions...
- Inflammatory cytokines synergize with the HIV-1 Tat protein to promote angiogenesis and Kaposi's sarcoma via induction of basic fibroblast growth factor and the alpha v beta 3 integrinG Barillari
Laboratory of Virology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 163:1929-35. 1999....
- p21-activated kinase 4 phosphorylation of integrin beta5 Ser-759 and Ser-762 regulates cell migrationZhilun Li
Center for Biosciences, Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, 141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 285:23699-710. 2010..Our results may give important leads to the functional regulation of integrin alphavbeta5, with implications for vascular permeability, angiogenesis, and cancer dissemination...
- HIV-1-Tat protein promotes chemotaxis and invasive behavior by monocytesR M Lafrenie
Laboratories of Developmental Biology and Immunology, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Immunol 157:974-7. 1996....
- Cloning, primary structure and properties of a novel human integrin beta subunitH Ramaswamy
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
EMBO J 9:1561-8. 1990..By immunoprecipitation, beta 5 was most prevalent on carcinoma cell lines, was also present on hepatoma and fibroblast cell lines, and was absent from lymphoblastoid cells and platelets...
- Expression of beta 1, beta 3, beta 4, and beta 5 integrins by human epidermal keratinocytes and non-differentiating keratinocytesJ C Adams
Keratinocyte Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, England
J Cell Biol 115:829-41. 1991..ndk thus have a number of characteristics that distinguish them from normal basal keratinocytes...
- The Foxc2 transcription factor regulates angiogenesis via induction of integrin beta3 expressionHisaki Hayashi
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2220 Pierce Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
J Biol Chem 283:23791-800. 2008..molecules associated with cell-extracellular matrix interactions, integrin beta3 (Itgb3), integrin beta5 (Itgb5), and fibronectin, as downstream targets of Foxc2...
- [Regulatory mechanism of malignant behavior of endometriosis mediated by puerarin]Chao Qin Yu
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 7:41-7. 2009..To observe the inhibitory effects of puerarin on angiopoiesis of endometriotic tissue, and to explore the regulatory effects of puerarin on tumor-related gene expression of endometriosis...
- Monitoring of deiodinase deficiency based on transcriptomic responses in SH-SY5Y cellsMee Song
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Laboratory, Center for Integrated Risk Research, Korea Institute of Science and Technology KIST, P O BOX 131, Cheongryang, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Arch Toxicol 87:1103-13. 2013..The expression levels of 10 of these genes (ID2, ID3, CCL2, TBX3, TGOLN2, C1orf71, ZNF676, GULP1, KLF9, and ITGB5) were altered by deiodinase-disrupting chemicals (2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, polychlorinated biphenyls, ..
- Targeting ανβ3 and ανβ5 inhibits photon-induced hypermigration of malignant glioma cellsStefan Rieken
University Hospital of Heidelberg, Department of Radiation Oncology, Heidelberg, Germany
Radiat Oncol 6:132. 2011..This study was set up to describe mechanisms underlying increased glioma cell migration through photon irradiation and to analyse the modifiability of photon-altered glioma cell motility by integrin inhibition...
- Expression of mesenchymal-related genes by the bovine trophectoderm following conceptus attachment to the endometrial epitheliumSachiko Yamakoshi
Laboratory of Animal Breeding, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Reproduction 143:377-87. 2012..alpha 8 (ITGA8), integrin, beta 3 (platelet glycoprotein IIIa, antigen CD61) (ITGB3), and integrin, beta 5 (ITGB5) mRNAs on day 22...
- Integrin β5 contributes to the tumorigenic potential of breast cancer cells through the Src-FAK and MEK-ERK signaling pathwaysA Bianchi-Smiraglia
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Oncogene 32:3049-58. 2013....
- CTGF increases IL-6 expression in human synovial fibroblasts through integrin-dependent signaling pathwayShan Chi Liu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e51097. 2012..CTGF is abundantly expressed in osteoarthritis (OA). However, the relationship between CTGF and IL-6 in OA synovial fibroblasts (OASFs) is mostly unknown...
- A genome-wide association study identifies two novel promising candidate genes affecting Escherichia coli F4ab/F4ac susceptibility in swineWei Xuan Fu
Key Laboratory of Animal Genetics Breeding and Reproduction, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e32127. 2012..From these significant findings, two novel candidate genes, HEG1 and ITGB5, were firstly identified as the most promising genes underlying F4ab/F4ac susceptibility in swine according to ..
- Integrin and defensin modulate the mechanical properties of adenovirusJoost Snijder
Natuur en Sterrenkunde and LaserLab, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Virol 87:2756-66. 2013..Host factors that influence adenovirus infectivity thus modulate the elastic properties of the capsid. Our findings reveal a direct link between virus-host interactions and capsid mechanics...
- Androgen receptor-target genes in african american prostate cancer disparitiesBi Dar Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Prostate Cancer 2013:763569. 2013..Chromatin immunoprecipitation confirmed STAT1, RHOA, ITGB5, MAPKAPK2, CSNK2A,1 and PIK3CB genes as novel AR targets in PCa disparities...
- The matrix protein CCN1/CYR61 is required for α(V)β5-mediated cancer cell migrationJana Jandova
Department of Medicine, Dermatology Division, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cell Biochem Funct 30:687-95. 2012..These results represent an advance to the understanding of the role of CYR61 and α(V)β5 integrin as proteins that cooperate to mediate cancer cell migration...
- Highly invasive melanoma cells activate the vascular endothelium via an MMP-2/integrin αvβ5-induced secretion of VEGF-AAnna Desch
Division of Experimental Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Venereology, and Allergology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Am J Pathol 181:693-705. 2012..In conclusion, these results indicate an important role of VEGF-A in acute endothelium activation and provide clear evidence that MMP-2 plays a pivotal role in the autocrine regulation of VEGF-A expression in melanoma cells...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction promotes cell migration via reactive oxygen species-enhanced β5-integrin expression in human gastric cancer SC-M1 cellsWen Yi Hung
Department and Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, and Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1820:1102-10. 2012..Mitochondrial dysfunction has been shown to promote cancer cell migration. However, molecular mechanism by which mitochondrial dysfunction enhances gastric cancer (GC) cell migration remains unclear...
- Degradation of internalized αvβ5 integrin is controlled by uPAR bound uPA: effect on β1 integrin activity and α-SMA stress fiber assemblyLingyan Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33915. 2012..Our data support a novel mechanism by which downregulation of uPA/uPAR results in increased integrin αvβ5 cell-surface protein levels that regulate the activity of β1 integrins, promoting characteristics of the persistent Mf...
- Elevated expression of integrin αv and β5 subunit in laryngeal squamous-cell carcinoma associated with lymphatic metastasis and angiogenesisFeng Li
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, PR China
Pathol Res Pract 209:105-9. 2013..Among the members of integrin αv subfamily, integrin αvβ5 might play an important role in invasion and metastases of the LSCC, and it may become a valuable marker for the evolution of the LSCC...
- Cyclic DGR-peptidomimetic containing a bicyclic reverse turn inducer as a selective alpha(v)beta (5) integrin ligandA Trabocchi
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica Ugo Schiff, Polo Scientifico di Sesto Fiorentino, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, Italy
Amino Acids 38:329-37. 2010....
- PAI1 stimulates assembly of the fibronectin matrix in osteosarcoma cells through crosstalk between the alphavbeta5 and alpha5beta1 integrinsDaniel Vial
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research MC 165, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 121:1661-70. 2008..Our data identify PAI1 as a novel regulator of fibronectin matrix assembly, and indicate that this regulation occurs through a previously undescribed crosstalk between the alphavbeta5 and alpha5beta1 integrins...
- Phenotypic and gene expression diversity of malignant cells in human blast crisis chronic myeloid leukemiaMasha Simanovsky
Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Laboratory of Molecular Immunobiology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Differentiation 76:908-22. 2008..up-regulation of the oncogenes BCR-ABL, c-JUN, and c-FOS along with the adhesion-related genes KiSS-1, THBS3, and ITGB5. The adherent blasts stably retain their unique properties even after elimination of the adherence selection ..
- Transforming growth factor beta (TGFB) signaling is activated during porcine implantation: proposed role for latency-associated peptide interactions with integrins at the conceptus-maternal interfaceDana A Massuto
Departments of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences Veterinary Large Animal Clinical Sciences Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4458, USA
Reproduction 139:465-78. 2010..10, 12, 16, 20, and 24 pregnant gilts were immunostained for TGFB, LAP, and ITG subunits (ITGAV, ITGB1, ITGB3, ITGB5, ITGB6, and ITGB8)...
- Enhanced focal adhesion assembly reflects increased mechanosensation and mechanotransduction at maternal-conceptus interface and uterine wall during ovine pregnancyRobert C Burghardt
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4458, USA
Reproduction 137:567-82. 2009..on days 40, 80, or 120 of pregnancy, and uteri immunostained for integrins (ITGAV, ITGA4, ITGA5, ITGB1, ITGB3, and ITGB5), ECM proteins (SPP1, LGALS15, fibronectin (FN), and vitronectin (VTN)), cytoskeletal molecules (ACTN and TLN1), ..
- Polymorphisms in predicted microRNA-binding sites in integrin genes and breast cancer: ITGB4 as prognostic markerAnnika Brendle
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 29:1394-9. 2008..polymorphisms (SNPs) in predicted miRNA target sites of six integrin genes (ITGA3, ITGA6, ITGAv, ITGB3, ITGB4 and ITGB5) on breast cancer (BC) risk and clinical outcome...
- Periostin mediates vascular smooth muscle cell migration through the integrins alphavbeta3 and alphavbeta5 and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) pathwayGuohong Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1501 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA, United States
Atherosclerosis 208:358-65. 2010..These results reveal a mechanism whereby PN mediates vascular SMC migration through an interaction with alphaV-integrins (mainly alphanubeta3) and subsequent activation of FAK pathway...
- Roles of integrins in human induced pluripotent stem cell growth on Matrigel and vitronectinTeisha J Rowland
Center for Stem Cell Biology and Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Stem Cells Dev 19:1231-40. 2010..These studies suggest that vitronectin, or derivatives thereof, might substitute for Matrigel in a more defined system for iPSC culture...
- Purification and functional characterization of integrin alpha v beta 5. An adhesion receptor for vitronectinJ W Smith
Department of Immunology IMM13, Research Institute of Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California 92037
J Biol Chem 265:11008-13. 1990..Secondly, polyclonal antibodies raised against alpha v beta 5 immunoprecipitate both beta 5 and beta x, and finally, the amino-terminal amino acid sequences of beta x and beta 5 are identical...
- Prion protein expression regulates embryonic stem cell pluripotency and differentiationAlberto Miranda
Departamento de Reproducción Animal y Conservación de Recursos Zoogenéticos, Instituto Nacional de Investigacion y Tecnologia Agraria y Alimentaria, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e18422. 2011..In addition, antibody-mediated inhibition of ITGB5 (integrin αvβ5) in the KO line rescued the low expression of Nanog on Day 5, suggesting the regulation of Nanog ..
- CCN3 increases cell motility and MMP-13 expression in human chondrosarcoma through integrin-dependent pathwayHuey En Tzeng
Division of Hematology Oncology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 226:3181-9. 2011..Taken together, our results indicate that CCN3 enhances the migration of chondrosarcoma cells by increasing MMP-13 expression through the αvβ3/αvβ5 integrin receptor, FAK, PI3K, Akt, p65, and NF-κB signal transduction pathway...
- β5 integrin is the major contributor to the αVintegrin-mediated blockade of HIV-1 replicationEster Ballana
IrsiCaixa, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
J Immunol 186:464-70. 2011..Importantly, such inhibition did not induce changes in cell adhesion to the substrate. In conclusion, our results reveal a significant role of the integrin dimer α(v)β(5) in HIV-1 infection of macrophages...
- Integrin-mediated cell attachment induces a PAK4-dependent feedback loop regulating cell adhesion through modified integrin alpha v beta 5 clustering and turnoverZhilun Li
Center for Biosciences, Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, 141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
Mol Biol Cell 21:3317-29. 2010..We thus demonstrate a novel mechanism deployed by cells to tune cell adhesion levels through the autoinhibitory regulation of integrin adhesion...
- Significance of integrin αvβ5 and erbB3 in enhanced cell migration and liver metastasis of colon carcinomas stimulated by hepatocyte-derived heregulinToshiaki Yoshioka
Department of Molecular Pathology and Tumor Pathology, Akita University Graduate School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:2011-8. 2010..Our study suggests that hepatocyte-derived HRG might participate in a highly liver-metastatic phenotype of LS-LM6 through enhancement of integrin αvβ5-mediated cell migration and erbB3/erbB2 signaling...
- Integrin alphavbeta5 is a primary receptor for adenovirus in CAR-negative cellsCynthia Lyle
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Virol J 7:148. 2010..However, a number of studies reporting data which conflicts with this simple model have been published. These observations have led us to question the proposed two-step model for adenovirus infection...
- Ovarian cancer ascites protects from TRAIL-induced cell death through alphavbeta5 integrin-mediated focal adhesion kinase and Akt activationD Lane
Departement De Microbiologie et Infectiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Canada
Oncogene 29:3519-31. 2010..These results suggest that ovarian cancer ascites induces FAK and Akt activation in an alphavbeta5 integrin-dependent pathway, which confers protection from TRAIL-induced cell death and caspase activation...
- Gene expression profile towards the prediction of patient survival of gastric cancerZhen Yu Xu
Biomed Pharmacother 64:133-9. 2010..However, the prognostic gene lists have overlapped poorly until now. This study conducted an analysis to characterize gene expression profile and developed a survival prediction model...
- Role of β5-integrin in epithelial-mesenchymal transition in response to TGF-βAnna Bianchi
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Cell Cycle 9:1647-59. 2010..Finally, depletion of β5-integrin significantly reduced invasiveness of breast carcinoma cells. Thus, the β5-integrin adhesions contribute to the TGFβ-induced EMT and the tumorigenic potential of carcinoma cells...
- CX3CL1 and CCL14 regulate extracellular matrix and adhesion molecules in the trophoblast: potential roles in human embryo implantationNatalie J Hannan
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, 3168 Victoria, Australia
Biol Reprod 79:58-65. 2008..protein 1 (ECM1), osteopontin (SPP1), integrin alpha 6 (ITGA6), matrix metalloproteinase 12 (MMP12), and integrin beta 5 (ITGB5) following chemokine treatment. Several of these genes have previously been implicated in implantation...
- Diagnostic value of integrin alpha3, beta4, and beta5 gene expression levels for the clinical outcome of tongue squamous cell carcinomaAkira Kurokawa
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Cancer 112:1272-81. 2008..The objective of the current study was to identify biomarkers that reflect the clinical course of squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue (TSCC)...
- Smooth muscle contraction and relaxationR Clinton Webb
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 27:201-6. 2003..Removal of Ca(2+) from the cytosol and stimulation of myosin phosphatase initiate the process of smooth muscle relaxation...
- Alpha v beta 5 integrin-dependent programmed cell death triggered by a peptide mimic of annexin VMarina Cardo-Vila
M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell 11:1151-62. 2003..Our results suggest a functional link between the alpha v beta 5 integrin, annexin V, and programmed cell death. We propose the term "endothanatos" to designate this phenomenon...
- Integrin beta cytoplasmic domain interactions with phosphotyrosine-binding domains: a structural prototype for diversity in integrin signalingDavid A Calderwood
Division of Vascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2272-7. 2003..These data establish that short integrin beta tails interact with a large number of PTB domain-containing proteins through a structurally conserved mechanism...
- Integrin-nucleated Toll-like receptor (TLR) dimerization reveals subcellular targeting of TLRs and distinct mechanisms of TLR4 activation and signalingHaifeng Zhang
National University Medical Institutes, Clinical Research Centre, Blk MD11, 10 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597, Singapore
FEBS Lett 532:171-6. 2002..NF-kappaB activation by TLR2/1, TLR2/6 and the TLR4 monomer, but not TLR4/4, was completely inhibited by dominant negative MyD88, suggesting that TLR4 homodimers and monomers could activate NF-kappaB through different mechanisms...
- The integrin alphavbeta3 is a receptor for the latency-associated peptides of transforming growth factors beta1 and beta3Steven B Ludbrook
Department of Systems Research, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage SG1 2NY, U K
Biochem J 369:311-8. 2003..Furthermore, they are important as they link alpha(v)beta(3) and TGFbeta, which may have implications in cancer and a number of inflammatory and fibrotic diseases where expression of both proteins has been documented...
- Identification of motifs in the fasciclin domains of the transforming growth factor-beta-induced matrix protein betaig-h3 that interact with the alphavbeta5 integrinJung Eun Kim
Cell and Matrix Biology National Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Taegu 700 422, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:46159-65. 2002..This suggests that fas-1 domain-containing proteins may perform their biological functions by interacting with integrins...
- Fertilin beta and other ADAMs as integrin ligands: insights into cell adhesion and fertilizationJ P Evans
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, MD 615 N Wolfe St, Room 3606A, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Bioessays 23:628-39. 2001..Key issues in cell adhesion that pertain to gametes and fertilization will also be highlighted...
- CYR61 stimulates human skin fibroblast migration through Integrin alpha vbeta 5 and enhances mitogenesis through integrin alpha vbeta 3, independent of its carboxyl-terminal domainT M Grzeszkiewicz
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 276:21943-50. 2001..Together, these findings establish CYR61 as a novel ligand for integrin alpha(v)beta(5) and show that CYR61 interacts with distinct integrins to mediate disparate activities in a cell type-specific manner...
- MDC-9 (ADAM-9/Meltrin gamma) functions as an adhesion molecule by binding the alpha(v)beta(5) integrinM Zhou
Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield Medical School, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 280:574-80. 2001..These data indicated that the disintegrin domain of MDC-9 can function as an adhesion molecule by interacting with an alpha(v)beta(5) integrin...
- alphavbeta5 integrin recruits the CrkII-Dock180-rac1 complex for phagocytosis of apoptotic cellsM L Albert
Laboratory of Neuro Oncology, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 226 New York 10021, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:899-905. 2000....
- Expression and function of alpha(v)beta(3) and alpha(v)beta(5) integrins in the developing pancreas: roles in the adhesion and migration of putative endocrine progenitor cellsV Cirulli
The Islet Research Laboratory at The Whittier Institute for Diabetes, La Jolla, California, USA
J Cell Biol 150:1445-60. 2000..Thus, these data provide the first evidence for the contribution of integrins alpha(v)beta(3) and alpha(v)beta(5) and their ligands to morphogenetic events in the human endocrine pancreas...
- Alpha-V/beta-3 and alpha-V/beta-5 integrin distribution in neoplastic kidneyH Rabb
Department of Internal Medicine, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Am J Nephrol 16:402-8. 1996..Variations in alpha v beta 3-and alpha v beta 5-integrin expression may play a role in normal and neoplastic processes of the kidney...
- A novel integrin specificity exemplified by binding of the alpha v beta 5 integrin to the basic domain of the HIV Tat protein and vitronectinB E Vogel
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California 92037
J Cell Biol 121:461-8. 1993..These data define an auxiliary integrin binding specificity for basic amino acid sequences. These basic domain binding sites may function synergistically with the binding sites that recognize RGD or equivalent sequences...
- Cloning of an integrin beta subunit exhibiting high homology with integrin beta 3 subunitS Suzuki
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:5354-8. 1990..The beta subunit described herein seems to be identical to the beta x subunit and to function as the beta subunit of a vitronectin receptor...
- Characterization of the expression of key adenoviral receptors CAR and integrin beta3/beta5 subunits on the membrane of human NT2 neuronsDeqi Huang
Experimental Stroke Group, NRC Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6, Canada
J Mol Neurosci 24:323-8. 2004..These observations suggest that modulating the expression of integrin subunits beta3/5 or the functional heterodimer alphavbeta3/5 in human NT2/Ns may enhance adenoviral infectivity of NT2/Ns...
- cDNA sequence of the human integrin beta 5 subunitJ W McLean
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Biol Chem 265:17126-31. 1990....
- Hypoxia modifies the transcriptome of primary human monocytes: modulation of novel immune-related genes and identification of CC-chemokine ligand 20 as a new hypoxia-inducible geneMaria Carla Bosco
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, G Gaslini Institute, Genova, Italy
J Immunol 177:1941-55. 2006..MSR1, MARCO, TLR7), immunoregulatory, costimulatory, and adhesion molecules (CD32, CD64, CD69, CD89, CMRF-35H, ITGB5, LAIR1, LIR9), chemokines/cytokines and receptors (CCL23, CCL15, CCL8, CCR1, CCR2, RDC1, IL-23A, IL-6ST)...
- Transcriptosome and serum cytokine profiling of an atypical case of myelodysplastic syndrome with progression to acute myelogenous leukemiaDaruka Mahadevan
University of Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Am J Hematol 81:779-86. 2006..oncogenes (HOXA9, N-MYC, KOC1), proliferative genes (PAWR, DLG5, AKR1C3), invasion/metastatic genes (FN1, N-CAM-1, ITGB5), pro-angiogenesis genes (c-Kit), and down regulation of tumor suppressor genes (SUI1, BARD1) and anti-apoptotic ..
- betaig-h3 triggers signaling pathways mediating adhesion and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells through alphavbeta5 integrinByung Heon Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Cell and Matrix Biology Research Institute, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 422, Korea
Exp Mol Med 38:153-61. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that betaig-h3 and alphavbeta5 integrin play a role in the adhesion and migration of VSMCs during the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- The apoptotic-cell receptor CR3, but not alphavbeta5, is a regulator of human dendritic-cell immunostimulatory functionMojca Skoberne
New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Ave, MSB 507, New York, NY 10016, USA
Blood 108:947-55. 2006..This immunomodulatory role, however, is countered by a significant inflammatory stimulus such as bacterial infection. Overall, our data suggest that under steady-state conditions, signaling via CRs predominates to render DCs tolerogenic...
- Expression of integrins in cerebral arteriovenous and cavernous malformationsAskin Seker
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Neurosurgery 58:159-68; discussion 159-68. 2006..To assess and compare levels and patterns of expression for integrins alphavbeta1, alphavbeta3, and alphavbeta5 in arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and cavernous malformations (CCMs) of the brain...
- Four and half lim protein 2 (FHL2) stimulates osteoblast differentiationChung Fang Lai
Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:17-28. 2006..Overexpression of FHL2 increases the accumulation of osteoblast differentiation markers and matrix mineralization, whereas FHL2 deficiency results in inhibition of osteoblast differentiation and decreased bone formation...
- Cell surface overexpression of alphavbeta5 integrin impedes alphavbeta3-mediated migration of the human ovarian adenocarcinoma cell line IGROV1Sylvie Maubant
GRECAN, Université de Caen Basse Normandie and Centre de Lutte Contre le Cancer François Baclesse, Avenue du General Harris, 14076 Caen Cedex 05, France
Cell Biol Int 31:109-18. 2007..Finally, the response to cisplatin was not significantly modified in beta5 transfectants when compared to IGROV1 parental cells...
- Ethanol increases fetal human neurosphere size and alters adhesion molecule gene expressionSharada D Vangipuram
Children s Research Center of Michigan, The Carman and Ann Adams Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University School of Medicine and Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:339-47. 2008..To date, the cellular targets and mechanisms responsible for FASD are not fully characterized. Our aim was to determine if ETOH can affect fetal human brain-derived neural progenitor cells (NPC)...
- Adhesiveness of beta5 integrin variant lacking FNK767-769 is similar to that of the prototype containing FNKFNK764-769Ei Kawahara
Department of Laboratory Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Kanazawa University Faculty of Medicine, 5 11 80 Kodatsuno, Kanazawa 920 0942, Japan
Cell Biol Int 29:521-8. 2005..CHO cells transfected with single-FNK and repeated-FNK showed similar adhesiveness to, and proliferative activity on, vitronectin substrates...
- Cooperation between Myc and YY1 provides novel silencing transcriptional targets of alpha3beta1-integrin in tumour cellsF de Nigris
Department of General Pathology, Division of Clinical Pathology, 1st School of Medicine, II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 26:382-94. 2007..YY1 regulated negatively the Myc activity through a direct interaction with the Myc/Max and deacetylase complexes. This represents a novel silencing mechanism with broad implications in the transcription machinery of tumours...
- cDNA cloning reveals two mouse beta5 integrin transcripts distinct in cytoplasmic domains as a result of alternative splicingH Zhang
National University Medical Institute, 02 01 Clinical Research Centre, Blk MD11, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119260
Biochem J 331:631-7. 1998..Since the cytoplasmic domains of the integrin beta subunits are important in cytoskeleton attachment and signalling, the two alternatively spliced beta5 isoforms may have distinct roles in cell adhesion and other cellular functions...
- Enhancement of endothelial cell migration and in vitro tube formation by TAP20, a novel beta 5 integrin-modulating, PKC theta-dependent proteinS Tang
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Cell Biol 147:1073-84. 1999..Thus, the discovery of TAP20, which interacts with integrin beta5 and modulates cell adhesion, migration, and tube formation, further defines a possible pathway to angiogenesis dependent on PKCtheta...
- Oxidized low density lipoprotein impairs endothelial progenitor cell function by downregulation of E-selectin and integrin alpha(v)beta5Stefano Di Santo
Department of Vascular Medicine, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:528-32. 2008..In the present study, we hypothesized that even sub-apoptotic concentrations of oxLDL impair the angiogenic potential of EPC and investigated if this effect is mediated by affecting adhesion and incorporation...
- The CXC-chemokine CXCL4 interacts with integrins implicated in angiogenesisSallouha Aidoudi
INSERM, U920, Talence, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2657. 2008..Soluble CXCL4, in turn, inhibits integrin-dependent endothelial cell adhesion and migration. As a whole, our study identifies integrins as novel receptors for CXCL4 that may contribute to its antiangiogenic effect...
- An RGD sequence in the P2Y(2) receptor interacts with alpha(V)beta(3) integrins and is required for G(o)-mediated signal transductionL Erb
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Cell Biol 153:491-501. 2001..Since CD47 has been shown to associate directly with G(i/o) family proteins, these results suggest that interactions between P2Y(2)Rs, integrins, and CD47 may be important for coupling the P2Y(2)R to G(o)...
- Intercellular adhesion molecule-4 binds alpha(4)beta(1) and alpha(V)-family integrins through novel integrin-binding mechanismsF A Spring
Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences, United Kingdom
Blood 98:458-66. 2001..These findings suggest a role for ICAM-4 in normal erythropoiesis and may also be relevant to the adhesive interactions of sickle cells...
- Leptin enhances the potency of circulating angiogenic cells via src kinase and integrin (alpha)vbeta5: implications for angiogenesis in human obesityNana Maria Heida
Department of Cardiology and Pulmonology, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:200-6. 2010..To investigate the capacity of the adipokine leptin to promote angiogenesis by modulating the function of circulating angiogenic cells (CACs)...
- Distinct structural requirements for binding of the integrins alphavbeta6, alphavbeta3, alphavbeta5, alpha5beta1 and alpha9beta1 to osteopontinYasuyuki Yokosaki
Molecular Division, Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minamiku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
Matrix Biol 24:418-27. 2005..These results suggest that the hierarchy of integrin interactions with osteopontin can undergo complex regulation at least in part through the action of extracellular proteases...
- Cross-talk between fMLP and vitronectin receptors triggered by urokinase receptor-derived SRSRY peptideLucia Gargiulo
Department of Experimental Oncology, National Cancer Institute, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:25225-32. 2005..The data indicate that the ability of uPAR to stimulate cell migration and cytoskeletal rearrangements is retained by the SRSRY peptide alone and that it is supported by cross-talk between FPR and alphavbeta5...
- The anchoring protein RACK1 links protein kinase Cepsilon to integrin beta chains. Requirements for adhesion and motilityArnaud Besson
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:22073-84. 2002..Altogether, these results provide a novel mechanistic link between PKC activation and integrin-mediated adhesion and motility...
- A study of the structure, function and distribution of beta 5 integrins using novel anti-beta 5 monoclonal antibodiesR Pasqualini
Division of Tumor Virology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
J Cell Sci 105:101-11. 1993....
- The endoproteolytic processing of alphavbeta5 integrin is involved in cytoskeleton remodelling and cell migrationVirginie Berthet
CNRS UMR6032, Faculte de Pharmacie, 27 Bd J Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
FEBS Lett 557:159-63. 2004..The alphav subunit cleavage is thus essential for integrin function and has a considerable impact on integrin-dependent events, especially those leading to cell migration...
- TAP20, NOVEL INTEGRIN MODULATING PROTEINShaoqing Tang; Fiscal Year: 2001..We anticipate that these studies should provide data that will be useful in designing new strategic for pharmacologic intervention in ischemic vascular disease and cancer. ..
- TNF-alpha: a key player in erectile (dys)functionR Clinton Webb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, this work will greatly assist in a better understanding of mechanisms of erectile disease, as well as in the identification of novel and more efficacious therapeutic options for restoration of erectile function. ..
- In the Penis, RhoA Activation is Enhanced by Guanine Nucleotide Exchange FactorsR Clinton Webb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our research has identified novel cellular events regulating constrictor responses, and an understanding of how these events can be inhibited will provide an alternative therapeutic approach to treating erectile dysfunction. ..
- In the Penis, RhoA Activation is Enhanced by Guanine Nucleotide Exchange FactorsR Webb; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our research has identified novel cellular events regulating constrictor responses, and an understanding of how these events can be inhibited will provide an alternative therapeutic approach to treating erectile dysfunction. ..
- Investigating the role of the P2Y2 nucleotide receptor in inflammationLaurie Erb; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CELL ADHESION MOLECULES OF MAMMALIAN FERTILIZATIONJanice Evans; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research also will also address fundamental questions in cell adhesion biology by examining this interesting, biologically relevant cell-cell interaction event. ..
- Nitric Oxide Inhibits RhoA/Rho-kinase in Penile ErectionR Clinton Webb; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will define the molecular basis for NO-mediated cavernosal vasodilation in the normal state and how long-term changes in the Ca 2+ sensitizing mechanism contribute to erectile dysfunction. ..
- Mechanisms of CD40/CD40L in vascular injury and repairGuohong Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results obtained will provide novel insights into the mechanisms of restenosis and promise to provide valuable information for the development of novel therapeutic strategies to prevent and treat vascular disease in humans. ..