Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IRX3
Description: iroquois homeobox 3
Alias: IRX-1, IRXB1, homeodomain protein IRXB1, iroquois homeobox protein 3, iroquois-class homeodomain protein IRX-1, iroquois-class homeodomain protein IRX-3
- Somatic motoneurone specification in the hindbrain: the influence of somite-derived signals, retinoic acid and Hoxa3Sonia Guidato
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, 4th floor New Hunt s House, King s College, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Development 130:2981-96. 2003..motoneurones in ventral rhombomeres 1-4, and was accompanied by the repression of the dorsoventral patterning gene Irx3. Taken together, these observations suggest that the somites, retinoic acid and Hox genes play a role in patterning ..
- Irx3 and Pax6 establish differential competence for Shh-mediated induction of GABAergic and glutamatergic neurons of the thalamusEllen Robertshaw
Medical Research Council Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E3919-26. 2013..is established by the overlapping expression of two transcription factors: Iroquois-related homeobox gene 3 (Irx3) posterior to the ZLI, and paired box gene 6 (Pax6) anterior to the forebrain-midbrain boundary...
- Activation of stem-cell specific genes by HOXA9 and HOXA10 homeodomain proteins in CD34+ human cord blood cellsChristina M Ferrell
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Stem Cells 23:644-55. 2005..Other validated genes included v-ets-related gene (ERG), Iroquois 3 (IRX3), aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 (ALDH1), and very long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase homolog 1 (VLCS-H1)...
- A dynamic switch in the replication timing of key regulator genes in embryonic stem cells upon neural inductionPascale Perry
Lymphocyte Development Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Cell Cycle 3:1645-50. 2004..In particular, we demonstrate that DNA replication at a subset of neural-associated genes including Pax3, Pax6, Irx3, Nkx2.9 and Mash1 is advanced upon neural induction, consistent with increased locus accessibility...
- Hedgehog signaling from the ZLI regulates diencephalic regional identityClemens Kiecker
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, 4th Floor, New Hunt s House, Guy s Hospital Campus, King s College, London SE1 1UL, UK
Nat Neurosci 7:1242-9. 2004..of thalamic and prethalamic primordia in responding to Shh signaling is regulated by the transcription factor Irx3. We show that, through the release of Shh, the ZLI functions as a local signaling center that regulates the ..
- The irregular xylem 2 mutant is an allele of korrigan that affects the secondary cell wall of Arabidopsis thalianaPio M J Szyjanowicz
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, 3 614 Stopford Building, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Plant J 37:730-40. 2004..Co-precipitation experiments, using either an epitope-tagged form of KOR or IRX3 (AtCesA7), suggest that KOR is not an integral part of the cellulose synthase complex...
- Wnt signaling is required at distinct stages of development for the induction of the posterior forebrainMichelle M Braun
Program in Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Biological Structure, Box 357420, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Development 130:5579-87. 2003..manifestations of anteroposterior pattering in the developing brain is the restricted expression of Six3 and Irx3 in the anterior and posterior forebrain, respectively...
- A new cellulose synthase gene (PtrCesA2) from aspen xylem is orthologous to Arabidopsis AtCesA7 (irx3) gene associated with secondary cell wall synthesisAnita Samuga
Plant Biotechnology Research Center, School of Forestry and Wood Products, Michigan Technological University, 1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton 49931, USA
Gene 296:37-44. 2002..Previously, a mutation in AtCesA7 gene (irx3) was correlated with a significant decrease in the amount of cellulose synthesized (about 70%) and genetic ..
- Early subdivisions in the neural plate define distinct competence for inductive signalsDaisuke Kobayashi
Department of Neurobiology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Development 129:83-93. 2002..Next we found that homeodomain transcription factors Six3 and Irx3 can alter the regional responses to both Fgf8 and Shh in the forebrain...
- Cooperative and antagonistic roles for Irx3 and Irx5 in cardiac morphogenesis and postnatal physiologyNathalie Gaborit
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 139:4007-19. 2012..for certain postnatal cardiac functions, including cardiac repolarization (Irx5) and rapid ventricular conduction (Irx3). Irx genes are expressed in dynamic and partially overlapping patterns in the developing heart...
- Repeatability of internal aberrometry with a new simultaneous capture aberrometer/corneal topographerPaul Gifford
School of Optometry and Vision Science, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Optom Vis Sci 89:929-38. 2012..CT) measured simultaneously by the Innovative Visual Systems Discovery, against time displaced but same instrument measurement (Nidek OPD-Scan 3), and time displaced different instrument measurement (Medmont E300 and Imagine Eyes irx3).
- FGF signalling regulates chromatin organisation during neural differentiation via mechanisms that can be uncoupled from transcriptionNishal S Patel
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 9:e1003614. 2013..structured illumination microscopy, we show that chromatin around key differentiation gene loci Pax6 and Irx3 undergoes both decompaction and displacement towards the nuclear centre coincident with transcriptional onset...
- Monitoring meso-scale ordering of cellulose in intact plant cell walls using sum frequency generation spectroscopyYong Bum Park
Departments of Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
Plant Physiol 163:907-13. 2013..SFG analysis of two cellulose synthase mutants (irx1/cesa8 and irx3/cesa7) indicates a reduction in cellulose content without evidence of altered cellulose structure...
- Functional analysis of complexes with mixed primary and secondary cellulose synthasesShundai Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology The Center for LignoCellulose Structure and Formation Pennsylvania State University University Park, PA USA
Plant Signal Behav 8:e23179. 2013..at three of them cause the collapse of mature xylem cells in inflorescence stems of Arabidopsis (irx1(cesa8), irx3(cesa7) and irx5(cesa4)). These CESA genes are considered secondary cell wall CESAs...
- Identification of six potential markers for the detection of circulating canine mammary tumour cells in the peripheral blood identified by microarray analysisA Da Costa
Institute of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Strasse 15, 14163 Berlin, Germany
J Comp Pathol 146:143-51. 2012..Six mRNA markers, AGR2, ATP8B1, CRYAB, F3 IRX3 and SLC1A1 were expressed in cell lines, but not PBL...
- Wnt4/5a signalling coordinates cell adhesion and entry into meiosis during presumptive ovarian follicle developmentFlorence Naillat
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oulu Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Institute of Biomedicine, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, PO Box 5000, FIN 90220 Oulu, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 19:1539-50. 2010..ovary, in fact, rescues the female property to a certain degree, as seen by inhibition of Cyp26b1 and induction of Irx3 gene expression...
- Gender-related differences in ion-channel and transporter subunit expression in non-diseased human heartsNathalie Gaborit
INSERM, UMR915, l institut du thorax, Nantes, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:639-46. 2010..Iroquois transcription factors (IRX3, IRX5) were more strongly expressed in female than male epicardium, but the transmural gradient remained...
- Deletions of 16q in Wilms tumors localize to blastemal-anaplastic cells and are associated with reduced expression of the IRXB renal tubulogenesis gene clusterLinda Holmquist Mengelbier
Department of Clinical Genetics, University and Regional Laboratories, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Am J Pathol 177:2609-21. 2010..The smallest region of deletion overlap mapped to a 1.8-Mb segment containing the IRXB gene cluster including IRX3, IRX5, and IRX6, of which IRX3 is a recently identified regulator of tubular maturation during nephrogenesis...
- Long-range gene regulation links genomic type 2 diabetes and obesity risk regions to HHEX, SOX4, and IRX3Anja Ragvin
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, N 5020 Bergen, Norway
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:775-80. 2010..noncoding elements and overlap with the genomic regulatory blocks of the transcription factor genes HHEX, SOX4, and IRX3. We report that human highly conserved noncoding elements in LD with the risk SNPs drive expression in endoderm or ..
- Iroquois homeobox gene 3 establishes fast conduction in the cardiac His-Purkinje networkShan Shan Zhang
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:13576-81. 2011..Here we show that Iroquois homeobox gene 3 (Irx3) is critical for efficient conduction in this specialized tissue by antithetically regulating two gap junction-..
- Foxl2 functions in sex determination and histogenesis throughout mouse ovary developmentJose Elias Garcia-Ortiz
Laboratory of Genetics, NIA NIH IRP, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Dev Biol 9:36. 2009..g., Rspo1. Here we report expression profiling of mouse ovaries that lack Foxl2 alone or in combination with Wnt4 or Kit/c-Kit...
- Repeatability of corneal and ocular aberration measurements and changes in aberrations over one weekMarco A Miranda
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Clin Exp Optom 92:253-66. 2009Both Shack-Hartmann aberrometry (IRX3, Imagine Eyes, Orsay, France) and Scheimpflug photography (Oculus Pentacam, Oculus Inc Wetzlar, Germany) are known to provide repeatable measurements...
- The Xenopus Irx genes are essential for neural patterning and define the border between prethalamus and thalamus through mutual antagonism with the anterior repressors Fezf and ArxElisa Rodríguez-Seguel
Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo CABD, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Carretera de Utrera Km1, 41013 Sevilla, Spain
Dev Biol 329:258-68. 2009..contain six Irx genes organized in two clusters, IrxA (which harbors Irx1, Irx2 and Irx4) and IrxB (which harbors Irx3, Irx5 and Irx6)...
- Cell lineage and regional identity of cultured spinal cord neural stem cells and comparison to brain-derived neural stem cellsTheresa K Kelly
The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e4213. 2009..expressed between cortical and spinal cord derived neurospheres, including many Hox genes, Nuclear receptors, Irx3, Pace4, Lhx2, Emx2 and Ntrk2. NSCs in the cortex express LeX...
- Reversine increases the plasticity of lineage-committed cells toward neuroectodermal lineageEun Kyung Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Pharmacy, and Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:2891-901. 2009..Reversine treatment leads to up-regulation of priming genes of neuroectodermal lineages, such as Ngn2, Nts, Irx3, Pax7, Hes1, and Hes6, through active histone modifications in the promoter regions of these genes...
- Interaction between transcription factors Iroquois proteins 4 and 5 controls cardiac potassium channel Kv4.2 gene transcriptionWenjie He
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 100 Technology Drive, Bridgeside Point, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Cardiovasc Res 81:64-71. 2009..2 gene across the left ventricular wall of rodent hearts. Here, we analyse molecular mechanisms underlying the Irx5-induced regulation of the rat Kv4.2 promoter...
- Transforming properties of 8p11-12 amplified genes in human breast cancerZeng Quan Yang
Breast Cancer Program and Systems and Computational Biology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer Res 70:8487-97. 2010..Further, we identified several WHSC1L1 target genes, one of which is iroquois homeobox 3 gene (IRX3), a member of the Iroquois homeobox transcription factor family.
- Primordial germ cell proliferation is impaired in Fused Toes mutant embryosBongki Kim
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Dev Biol 349:417-26. 2011..5. The six genes within the Ft locus include the IrxB cluster (Irx3, -5, -6), Fts, Ftm, and Fto, of which only Ftm, Fto, and Fts are expressed in primordial germ cells of the early ..
- Expression of Irx6 during mouse morphogenesisJ Mummenhoff
Institut für Entwicklungs und Molekularbiologie der Tiere EMT, Heinrich Heine Universitat, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Mech Dev 103:193-5. 2001..Irx1, Irx2 and Irx4 belong to the IrxA cluster on chromosome 13, whereas Irx3, Irx5 and Irx6, comprising the IrxB cluster, are located on chromosome 8 (Peters et al., Genome Res...
- Neuronal induction and regional identity by co-culture of adherent human embryonic stem cells with chicken notochords and somitesHossein Salehi
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Royan Institute for Animal Biotechnology, Esfahan, Iran
Int J Dev Biol 55:321-6. 2011..Moreover, in somite and notochord co-culture groups, hESCs-derived neuronal cells expressed HOXB4, OTX2, IRX3 and PAX6, indicative of dorsal hindbrain and ventral anterior identities, respectively...
- Stage-specific mice ovarian somatic cell is involved in primordial folliculogenesisGe Li
State Key Laboratory for Agro Biotechnology, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing, PR China
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 3:1025-33. 2011..Here, we found after the PF pool is established, Irx3 and FoxL2 which were extensively expressed in the OSCs of the perinatal mouse decreased...
- A transcriptional program promotes remodeling of GABAergic synapses in Caenorhabditis elegansSarah C Petersen
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Neurosci 31:15362-75. 2011..Moreover, the well established roles of these conserved transcription factors in mammalian neural development suggest that a similar cascade may also control synaptic plasticity in more complex nervous systems...
- Mir-17-3p controls spinal neural progenitor patterning by regulating Olig2/Irx3 cross-repressive loopJun An Chen
Departments of Pathology and Cell Biology, Neurology, and Neuroscience, Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 69:721-35. 2011..neurons (pMN) and V2 interneurons (p2) are specified by a pair of cross-repressive transcription factors, Olig2 and Irx3. Lineage tracing revealed that many p2 progenitors transiently express the pMN marker Olig2 during spinal cord ..
- The fused toes locus is essential for somatic-germ cell interactions that foster germ cell maturation in developing gonads in miceBongki Kim
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
Biol Reprod 84:1024-32. 2011..Previously, we discovered that Irx3 expression was localized specifically to female gonads during embryonic development; therefore, we sought to ..
- An ancient mechanism of hindbrain patterning has been conserved in vertebrate evolutionEva Jimenez-Guri
Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
Evol Dev 13:38-46. 2011..However, while Irx3 is expressed anteriorly in amniotes, a novel Irx gene, iro7, acts in teleosts...
- Cell wall composition contributes to the control of transpiration efficiency in Arabidopsis thalianaYun Kuan Liang
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UG, UK
Plant J 64:679-86. 2010..We report the identification of a new allele of the Arabidopsis CesA7 cellulose synthase locus designated AtCesA7(irx3-5) involved in the control of TE. Leaves of the AtCesA7(irx3-5) mutant are warmer than the wild type (WT)...
- Evaluation of the comparability and repeatability of four wavefront aberrometersNienke Visser
University Eye Clinic, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:1302-11. 2011..To compare total ocular aberrations and corneal aberrations identified with four different aberrometers and to determine the repeatability and interobserver variability...
- Direct control of Hoxd1 and Irx3 expression by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during anteroposterior patterning of the neural axis in XenopusSylvie Janssens
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, B 9052 Ghent, Belgium
Int J Dev Biol 54:1435-42. 2010..Here we show that HoxD1 and Irx3 are transcriptionally induced by the Wnt pathway during neurulation...
- Expression study of cadherin7 and cadherin20 in the embryonic and adult rat central nervous systemMasanori Takahashi
Division of Developmental Neuroscience, Center for Translational and Advanced Animal Research, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
BMC Dev Biol 8:87. 2008..In this study, we identified rat cad7 and cad20 and analyzed their expression patterns in embryonic and adult rat brains...
- A dual requirement for Iroquois genes during Xenopus kidney developmentPilar Alarcon
Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo, CSIC UPO, Sevilla, Spain
Development 135:3197-207. 2008The Iroquois (Irx) genes encode evolutionary conserved homeoproteins. We report that Xenopus genes Irx1 and Irx3 are expressed and required during different stages of Xenopus pronephros development...
- Irx3 is differentially up-regulated in female gonads during sex determinationJoan S Jorgensen
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, 2001 South Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 5:756-62. 2005b>Irx3 is a member of the Iroquois homeobox gene family that encodes a protein known for its essential role in spinal cord development. Transcript screening of male and female gonads during the critical period of sex determination (E12-13...
- Xiro3 encodes a Xenopus homolog of the Drosophila Iroquois genes and functions in neural specificationE J Bellefroid
Wellcome CRC Institute, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
EMBO J 17:191-203. 1998We have identified in Xenopus and in the mouse two highly related genes, Xiro3 and Irx3 respectively, that encode a Drosophila Iroquois-related homeobox transcription factor...
- Interactions among three distinct CesA proteins essential for cellulose synthesisNeil G Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1450-5. 2003..have an identical phenotype to previously described mutations in two other members of this gene family (IRX1 and IRX3)...
- Structure of cellulose-deficient secondary cell walls from the irx3 mutant of Arabidopsis thalianaMarie Ann Ha
Chemistry Department, Glasgow University, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland, UK
Phytochemistry 61:7-14. 2002In the Arabidopsis mutant irx3, truncation of the AtCesA7 gene encoding a xylem-specific cellulose synthase results in reduced cellulose synthesis in the affected xylem cells and collapse of mature xylem vessels...
- Pax6 regulates specification of ventral neurone subtypes in the hindbrain by establishing progenitor domainsMasanori Takahashi
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Development 129:1327-38. 2002..We also observed that domains of all other HD protein genes (Nkx2.2, Nkx6.1, Irx3, Dbx2 and Dbx1) were shifted and their boundaries became blurred...
- Gene and cluster-specific expression of the Iroquois family members during mouse developmentA C Houweling
Experimental and Molecular Cardiology Group, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mech Dev 107:169-74. 2001..of the murine family were found to be organized in two cognate clusters of three genes each, Irx1, -2, -4 and Irx3, -5, -6, respectively (Peters et al., 2000)...
- Expression of two novel zebrafish iroquois homologues (ziro1 and ziro5) during early development of axial structures and central nervous systemX Wang
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, 119260, Singapore, Singapore
Mech Dev 105:191-5. 2001..Interestingly, all three iroquois zebrafish genes are expressed in the notochord while only Irx3 is active in the mouse notochord. Their expression in later stages of embryogenesis was also compared.
- Multiple cellulose synthase catalytic subunits are required for cellulose synthesis in ArabidopsisN G Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 12:2529-2540. 2000..IRX1 shows homology to a previously described cellulose synthase (IRX3)...
- The forkhead transcription factor Foxf1 is required for differentiation of extra-embryonic and lateral plate mesodermM Mahlapuu
Department of Molecular Biology, Goteborg University, The Lundberg Laboratory, Medicinaregatan 9C, Box 462, S 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Development 128:155-66. 2001..Expression of Foxf1 and the homeobox gene Irx3 defines the splanchnic and somatic mesodermal layers, respectively...
- Patterning the embryonic heart: identification of five mouse Iroquois homeobox genes in the developing heartV M Christoffels
Experimental and Molecular Cardiology Group, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dev Biol 224:263-74. 2000..b>Irx3 was found to be expressed specifically in the trabeculated myocardium of the ventricles...
- A homeodomain protein code specifies progenitor cell identity and neuronal fate in the ventral neural tubeJ Briscoe
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell 101:435-45. 2000..The combinatorial expression of three of these proteins--Nkx6.1, Nkx2.2, and Irx3--specifies the identity of three classes of neurons generated in the ventral third of the neural tube.
- Expression of two novel mouse Iroquois homeobox genes during neurogenesisD R Cohen
Program in Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mech Dev 91:317-21. 2000..Three mouse Irx genes, Irx1, Irx2 and Irx3, have been previously identified and are expressed with distinct spatio-temporal patterns during neurogenesis...
- Regulated expression patterns of IRX-2, an Iroquois-class homeobox gene, in the human breastM T Lewis
Department of Biology, Sinsheimer Laboratories, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Cell Tissue Res 296:549-54. 1999..Data suggest IRX-2 functions in epithelial cell differentiation and demonstrate regulated expression during ductal and lobular proliferation as well as lactation...
- Identification of novel genes in Arabidopsis involved in secondary cell wall formation using expression profiling and reverse geneticsDavid M Brown
Faculty of Life Science, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT United Kingdom
Plant Cell 17:2281-95. 2005..similar expression pattern to the secondary cell wall-specific cellulose synthase genes IRREGULAR XYLEM1 (IRX1) and IRX3. Cross-referencing this analysis with publicly available microarray data resulted in the selection of 16 genes for ..
- Regional variation in mRNA transcript abundance within the ventricular wallBarbara Rosati
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Molecular Cardiology, BST Room 124, Level 6, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8661, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 40:295-302. 2006..The transcription factor genes Irx3, Irx5 and Etv1 were found to be expressed in transmural gradients across the ventricular wall of rat heart and also ..
- R-spondin 2 is required for normal laryngeal-tracheal, lung and limb morphogenesisSheila M Bell
Section of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 135:1049-58. 2008..reduced branching, a reduction in TOPGAL reporter activity, and reduced expression of the downstream Wnt target Irx3. Interbreeding the Rspo2(Tg) and Lrp6(-) alleles resulted in more severe defects consisting of marked lung ..
- Directed differentiation of ventral spinal progenitors and motor neurons from human embryonic stem cells by small moleculesXue Jun Li
Department of Anatomy and the Stem Cell Research Program, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Stem Cells 26:886-93. 2008..2+, Irx3+, and Pax7-), with the exception of motor neurons (HB9+) and their progenitors (Olig2+)...
- Repeatability and reliability of ocular aberration measurements in contact lens wearSuzanne Efron
Eurolens Research, The University of Manchester, Moffat Building, P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, United Kingdom
Cont Lens Anterior Eye 31:81-8. 2008..To assess repeatability and within- and between-observer reliability when measuring ocular aberrations with and without soft contact lens wear...
- The prepattern transcription factor Irx3 directs nephron segment identityLuca Reggiani
Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ETH Zurich, CH 8093, Zurich, Switzerland
Genes Dev 21:2358-70. 2007..To date, the genetic basis of regionalization of the nephron has remained largely unknown. Here we show that Irx3, a member of the Iroquois (Irx) gene family, acts as a master regulator of intermediate tubule fate...
- Identification of cellulose synthase AtCesA7 (IRX3) in vivo phosphorylation sites--a potential role in regulating protein degradationNeil G Taylor
Centre for Novel Agricultural Products, Department of Biology, University of York, York, YO10 5DD, UK
Plant Mol Biol 64:161-71. 2007..This is a possible mechanism by which plants regulate the relative levels of the three proteins whose specific interaction are required to form an active cellulose synthase complex...
- Impairment of cellulose synthases required for Arabidopsis secondary cell wall formation enhances disease resistanceCamilo Hernández-Blanco
Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas, Departamento de Biotecnologia, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Escuela Técnica Superior Ingenieros Agrónomos, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Plant Cell 19:890-903. 2007..In Arabidopsis thaliana, three types of CESA subunits (CESA4/IRREGULAR XYLEM5 [IRX5], CESA7/IRX3, and CESA8/IRX1) are required for secondary cell wall formation...
- Arabidopsis MYB26/MALE STERILE35 regulates secondary thickening in the endothecium and is essential for anther dehiscenceCaiyun Yang
Plant Sciences Division, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leicstershire LE12 5RD, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 19:534-48. 2007..MYB26 regulates a number of genes linked to secondary thickening, including IRREGULAR XYLEM1 (IRX1), IRX3, IRX8, and IRX12...
- Fluctuations in intraocular pressure and the potential effect on aberrations of the eyeM Asejczyk-Widlicka
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine BT52 1SA, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1054-8. 2007..To investigate the fluctuations in intraocular pressure during the day and to see if these are associated with changes in corneal shape and in the patterns of ocular aberrations...
- Defects in brain patterning and head morphogenesis in the mouse mutant Fused toesIsabelle Anselme
Biologie du Développement, CNRS UMR7622, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 9 quai Saint Bernard, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Dev Biol 304:208-20. 2007..6-Mb deletion on chromosome 8. This deletion eliminates six genes, three members of the Iroquois gene family, Irx3, Irx5 and Irx6, which form the IrxB cluster, and three other genes of unknown function, Fts, Ftm and Fto...
- DNA methylation pathway alterations in an autochthonous murine model of prostate cancerShannon R Morey
Departments of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 66:11659-67. 2006..In contrast, hypermethylation of the 5' CpG island region of the homeobox gene Irx3 in TRAMP is associated with reduced gene expression...
- Concise review: epigenetic mechanisms contribute to pluripotency and cell lineage determination of embryonic stem cellsQiong Gan
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Stem Cells 25:2-9. 2007..embryonic stem cells (ESCs), wherein a number of untranscribed lineage-control genes, such as Sox1, Nkx2-2, Msx1, Irx3, and Pax3, are epigenetically modified with a unique combination of activating and repressive histone modifications ..
- Comprehensive DNA methylation profiling in a human cancer genome identifies novel epigenetic targetsJ M Ordway
Orion Genomics, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:2409-23. 2006..Finally, we report six new targets of epigenetic inactivation (IRX3, WNT10A, WNT6, RARalpha, BMP7 and ZGPAT)...
- Laminar organization of the early developing anterior hypothalamusAurore Caqueret
Research Center, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
Dev Biol 298:95-106. 2006..We examined the expression pattern of 10 of the identified genes--Cart, Cbln1, Alcam, Unc-13c, Rgs4, Lnx4, Irx3, Sax1, Ldb2 and Neurod6--by in situ hybridization in E12.5 embryos...
- The irregular xylem3 locus of Arabidopsis encodes a cellulose synthase required for secondary cell wall synthesisN G Taylor
University of Manchester, School of Biological Science, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 11:769-80. 1999The irregular xylem3 (irx3) mutant of Arabidopsis has a severe deficiency in secondary cell wall cellulose deposition that leads to collapsed xylem cells...
- Iroquois Homeobox Transcription Factors in Heart Development and PhysiologyBENOIT GAETAN BRUNEAU; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose three Specific Aims: 1. To define the role of Irx3 in establishing the identity of the developing distal conduction system of the mouse heart. 2...
- Transcriptional Control of Mammalian Sexual DevelopmentSergei G Tevosian; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., Sp5, Sprr2d, Irx3 and Gng13) have been recently identified as sexually dimorphic by us and others...
- Transcriptional Control of Mammalian Sexual DevelopmentSERGEI TEVOSIAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., Sp5, Sprr2d, Irx3 and Gng13) have been recently identified as sexually dimorphic by us and others...
- The Role of Iroquois Homeobox Genes in VasculogenesisLEONARD ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Indeed, our preliminary data indicates that Irx3 is expressed in VSMCs and is modulated in a temporal manner during VSMC differentiation from multipotent progenitor ..
- Sexually Dimorphic Regulation Of SF-1 In GonadogenesisJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- STEROIDS REPRESS LH THROUGH PROTEIN/PROTEIN INTERACTIONSJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Aim 3, we propose to design transgenic mice in order to define the site and mechanism of steroidogenic regulation on the LHbeta subunit gene. ..