Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IRF-1
Description: interferon regulatory factor 1
Alias: IRF-1, MAR, interferon regulatory factor 1, interferon regulatory factor 1 isoform +I9, interferon regulatory factor 1 isoform d78, interferon regulatory factor 1 isoform d9,10+, interferon regulatory factor 1 isoform delta4, interferon regulatory factor 1 isoform delta7
- Miyamoto M, Fujita T, Kimura Y, Maruyama M, Harada H, Sudo Y, et al. Regulated expression of a gene encoding a nuclear factor, IRF-1, that specifically binds to IFN-beta gene regulatory elements. Cell. 1988;54:903-13 pubmed..Surprisingly, IRF-1 gene expression is dramatically induced by Newcastle disease virus in mouse L929 cells and by Concanavalin A in spleen cells. We show here that the IRF-1 gene possesses virus-inducible promoter. ..
- Shi L, Perin J, Leipzig J, Zhang Z, Sullivan K. Genome-wide analysis of interferon regulatory factor I binding in primary human monocytes. Gene. 2011;487:21-8 pubmed publisher..In all cases, the 18bp consensus motif was more strongly associated with transcriptional responses than the 13bp motif. Therefore, the new 18bp consensus motif appears to have a greater association with biological activities of IRF1. ..
- Merika M, Williams A, Chen G, Collins T, Thanos D. Recruitment of CBP/p300 by the IFN beta enhanceosome is required for synergistic activation of transcription. Mol Cell. 1998;1:277-87 pubmed..Deletion, substitution, or rearrangement of any one of the activation domains in the context of the enhanceosome decreases both recruitment of CBP and transcriptional synergy. ..
- Drew P, Franzoso G, Becker K, Bours V, Carlson L, Siebenlist U, et al. NF kappa B and interferon regulatory factor 1 physically interact and synergistically induce major histocompatibility class I gene expression. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 1995;15:1037-45 pubmed..These results provide a molecular mechanism by which TNF-alpha and IFN-gamma synergistically induce the expression of a variety of genes involved in immune responses, including MHC class I. ..
- Gao J, Senthil M, Ren B, Yan J, Xing Q, Yu J, et al. IRF-1 transcriptionally upregulates PUMA, which mediates the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway in IRF-1-induced apoptosis in cancer cells. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:699-709 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that IFN-gamma induces IRF-1-mediated upregulation of PUMA in cancer cells. We conclude that IRF-1 can induce apoptosis by the intrinsic pathway independent of the extrinsic pathway by upregulation of PUMA. ..
- Camicia R, Bachmann S, Winkler H, Beer M, Tinguely M, Haralambieva E, et al. BAL1/ARTD9 represses the anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic IFN?-STAT1-IRF1-p53 axis in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1969-80 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that BAL1 may induce an switch in STAT1 from a tumor suppressor to an oncogene in high-risk DLBCL. ..
- Schaper F, Kirchhoff S, Posern G, Koster M, Oumard A, Sharf R, et al. Functional domains of interferon regulatory factor I (IRF-1). Biochem J. 1998;335 ( Pt 1):147-57 pubmed..Epitope mapping of IRF-1 showed that regions within the NLS, the heterodimerization domain and the transcriptional activation domain are exposed for possible contacts with interacting proteins. ..
- Ruiz Ruiz C, Ruiz de Almodovar C, Rodriguez A, Ortiz Ferrón G, Redondo J, Lopez Rivas A. The up-regulation of human caspase-8 by interferon-gamma in breast tumor cells requires the induction and action of the transcription factor interferon regulatory factor-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19712-20 pubmed..These data define a new pathway through which IFN-gamma might control the sensitivity of tumor cell to death receptor-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Bouker K, Skaar T, Fernandez D, O Brien K, Riggins R, Cao D, et al. interferon regulatory factor-1 mediates the proapoptotic but not cell cycle arrest effects of the steroidal antiestrogen ICI 182,780 (faslodex, fulvestrant). Cancer Res. 2004;64:4030-9 pubmed..These data identify a novel mechanism of antiestrogen resistance and implicate IRF-1 as a key component in signaling some ER-mediated effects on apoptosis/cell survival. ..
- Namiki S, Nakamura T, Oshima S, Yamazaki M, Sekine Y, Tsuchiya K, et al. IRF-1 mediates upregulation of LMP7 by IFN-gamma and concerted expression of immunosubunits of the proteasome. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2781-7 pubmed..These results suggest that IRF-1 acts as a master regulator for the concerted expression of immunoproteasome components. ..
- Liu J, Guan X, Tamura T, Ozato K, Ma X. Synergistic activation of interleukin-12 p35 gene transcription by interferon regulatory factor-1 and interferon consensus sequence-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55609-17 pubmed..This study provides novel mechanistic information on how signals initiated during innate and adaptive immune responses synergize to yield greater IL-12 production and sustained cellular immunity. ..
- Harada H, Takahashi E, Itoh S, Harada K, Hori T, Taniguchi T. Structure and regulation of the human interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF-1) and IRF-2 genes: implications for a gene network in the interferon system. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:1500-9 pubmedb>Interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF-1) and IRF-2 are structurally similar DNA-binding factors which were originally identified as regulators of the type I interferon (IFN) system; the former functions as a transcriptional activator, and ..
- Harada H, Taniguchi T, Tanaka N. The role of interferon regulatory factors in the interferon system and cell growth control. Biochimie. 1998;80:641-50 pubmed
- Frontini M, Vijayakumar M, Garvin A, Clarke N. A ChIP-chip approach reveals a novel role for transcription factor IRF1 in the DNA damage response. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:1073-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data provides a more complete understanding of the regulatory networks controlled by IRF1 and reveals a novel role for IRF1 in regulating the ICL DNA damage response. ..
- Cavalli L, Riggins R, Wang A, Clarke R, Haddad B. Frequent loss of heterozygosity at the interferon regulatory factor-1 gene locus in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;121:227-31 pubmed publisher..00; P = 0.003; n = 273 cases) and risk of death (OR = 4.18; P = 0.004; n = 191 cases). Our findings strongly imply a tumor suppressor role for the IRF1 gene in breast cancer. ..
- Landré V, Pion E, Narayan V, Xirodimas D, Ball K. DNA-binding regulates site-specific ubiquitination of IRF-1. Biochem J. 2013;449:707-17 pubmed publisher..Hyperubiquitination of a non-DNA-binding mutant supports a mechanism where an active DNA-bound pool of IRF-1 is protected from polyubiquitination and degradation. ..
- Narayan V, Pion E, Landré V, Muller P, Ball K. Docking-dependent ubiquitination of the interferon regulatory factor-1 tumor suppressor protein by the ubiquitin ligase CHIP. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:607-19 pubmed publisher..The study reveals a complex relationship between CHIP and IRF-1 and highlights the role that direct binding or "docking" of CHIP to its substrate(s) can play in its mechanism of action as an E3 ligase. ..
- Park S, Seol J, Lee Y, Cho J, Kang H, Kim I, et al. IFN-gamma enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis through IRF-1. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4222-8 pubmed..Therefore, our data indicate that IFN-gamma enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis through IRF-1. ..
- Park J, Kim E, Kwon H, Hwang E, Namkoong S, Um S. Inactivation of interferon regulatory factor-1 tumor suppressor protein by HPV E7 oncoprotein. Implication for the E7-mediated immune evasion mechanism in cervical carcinogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:6764-9 pubmed..The immune-promoting role of IRF-1 evokes the idea that our novel finding might be important for the elucidation of the E7-mediated immune evading mechanism that is frequently found in cervical cancer. ..
- Pizzoferrato E, Liu Y, Gambotto A, Armstrong M, Stang M, Gooding W, et al. Ectopic expression of interferon regulatory factor-1 promotes human breast cancer cell death and results in reduced expression of survivin. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8381-8 pubmed..Collectively, these observations suggest that therapies designed to enhance IRF-1 expression within tumor cells may represent novel treatment strategies for breast cancer. ..
- Oshima S, Nakamura T, Namiki S, Okada E, Tsuchiya K, Okamoto R, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF-1) and IRF-2 distinctively up-regulate gene expression and production of interleukin-7 in human intestinal epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6298-310 pubmed
- Lee Y, Kang S, Song J, Baek H, Choi H, Bae Y, et al. Associations between interferon regulatory factor-1 polymorphisms and Behçet's disease. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:770-8 pubmed..5%, OR = 3.7147, 95% CI = 1.778-7.770, p(c) = 0.0015). These results suggest that IRF-1 is a novel susceptibility gene in BD, especially in women, and furthermore, that IRF-1 polymorphisms may be related to thrombosis in BD patients. ..
- Hu Y, Park Min K, Yarilina A, Ivashkiv L. Regulation of STAT pathways and IRF1 during human dendritic cell maturation by TNF-alpha and PGE2. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:1353-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TNF-alpha and PGE2 activate STAT-mediated components of human DC maturation by alternative pathways to the IFN-beta-mediated autocrine loop used by TLRs. ..
- Vollstedt S, Yuliwulandari R, Okamoto K, Lien L, Keicho N, Rochani J, et al. No evidence for association between the interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF1) gene and clinical tuberculosis. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2009;89:71-6 pubmed publisherb>Interferon regulatory factor 1 is a transcription factor involved in initiating a vigorous Th1 response during Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection...
- Lin R, Hiscott J. A role for casein kinase II phosphorylation in the regulation of IRF-1 transcriptional activity. Mol Cell Biochem. 1999;191:169-80 pubmed..The present experiments, together with previously published studies with IkappaBalpha, c-Jun and other proteins, indicate a broad role for casein kinase II phosphorylation in the regulation of transcription factor activity. ..
- Mangano V, Luoni G, Rockett K, Sirima B, Konate A, Forton J, et al. Interferon regulatory factor-1 polymorphisms are associated with the control of Plasmodium falciparum infection. Genes Immun. 2008;9:122-9 pubmed publisher..02). These findings provide the first evidence of the involvement in malaria susceptibility of a specific locus within the 5q31 region, previously shown to be linked with P. falciparum infection levels. ..
- Pamment J, Ramsay E, Kelleher M, Dornan D, Ball K. Regulation of the IRF-1 tumour modifier during the response to genotoxic stress involves an ATM-dependent signalling pathway. Oncogene. 2002;21:7776-85 pubmed..Thus, IRF-1 is controlled by two distinct signalling pathways; a JAK/STAT-signalling pathway in viral infected cells and an ATM-signalling pathway in DNA damaged cells. ..
- Sgarbanti M, Borsetti A, Moscufo N, Bellocchi M, Ridolfi B, Nappi F, et al. Modulation of human immunodeficiency virus 1 replication by interferon regulatory factors. J Exp Med. 2002;195:1359-70 pubmed
- Bensdorp A, Hukkelhoven C, van der Veen F, Mol B, Lambalk C, van Wely M. Dizygotic twin pregnancies after medically assisted reproduction and after natural conception: maternal and perinatal outcomes. Fertil Steril. 2016;106:371-377.e2 pubmed publisher..maternal and perinatal outcomes in dizygotic twin pregnancies conceived after medically assisted reproduction (MAR) with outcomes after natural conception (NC). Nationwide registry based study. Academic medical center...
- Klemetsen T, Raknes I, Fu J, Agafonov A, Balasundaram S, Tartari G, et al. The MAR databases: development and implementation of databases specific for marine metagenomics. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;: pubmed publisher..All contextual and sequence databases are freely accessible and downloadable from https://s1.sfb.uit.no/public/mar/.
- Zhu K, Song P, Lai Y, Liu C, Xiao G. Prolyl hydroxylase domain proteins regulate bone mass through their expression in osteoblasts. Gene. 2016;594:125-130 pubmed publisher..Th). The mineralization apposition rate (MAR) was increased in Phd1-3ob-/- bone compared to that of wild-type (WT) bone, demonstrating an enhancement ..
- Wang F, van Halem D, van der Hoek J. The fate of H2O2 during managed aquifer recharge: A residual from advanced oxidation processes for drinking water production. Chemosphere. 2016;148:263-9 pubmed publisherThe fate of H2O2 residual from advanced oxidation process (AOP) preceding managed aquifer recharge (MAR) is of concern because H2O2 could lead to undesired effects on organisms in the MAR aquatic and soil ecosystem...
- Yuan S, Zheng T, Li P, Yang R, Ruan J, Huang S, et al. Characterization of Amphioxus IFN Regulatory Factor Family Reveals an Archaic Signaling Framework for Innate Immune Response. J Immunol. 2015;195:5657-66 pubmed publisher..Collectively, to our knowledge we present for the first time an archaic IRF signaling framework in a basal chordate, shedding new insights into the origin and evolution of vertebrate IFN-based antiviral networks. ..
- Chen C, Lin S, Lin Y, Chern S, Wu P, Chen Y, et al. Molecular cytogenetic characterization of mosaicism for a small supernumerary marker chromosome derived from chromosome 8 or r(8)(::p12?q13.1::) associated with phenotypic abnormalities. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2016;55:852-855 pubmed publisher..Amniocentesis revealed a karyotype of 47,XY,+mar/46,XY...
- PagÃ¡n J, LÃ³pez M, LÃ³pez I, Tenza Abril A, AragonÃ©s L. Study of the evolution of gravel beaches nourished with sand. Sci Total Environ. 2018;626:87-95 pubmed publisher..8%, while Carrer de mar is the most instable with a loss of 20.9%...
- Kawasaki S, Abe N, Ohtake F, Islam A, Choudhury M, Utsunomiya R, et al. Effects of hypnotic bromovalerylurea on microglial BV2 cells. J Pharmacol Sci. 2017;134:116-123 pubmed publisher..phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 (STAT1) and expression of interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF1)...
- Yuasa K, Hijikata T. Distal regulatory element of the STAT1 gene potentially mediates positive feedback control of STAT1 expression. Genes Cells. 2016;21:25-40 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results suggest that 5.5URR may provide a regulatory platform for positive feedback control of STAT1 expression possibly to amplify or sustain the intracellular IFN signals. ..
- Fernández Jiménez R, Barreiro Pérez M, Martin Garcia A, Sánchez Gonzalez J, Aguero J, Galan Arriola C, et al. Dynamic Edematous Response of the Human Heart to Myocardial Infarction: Implications for Assessing Myocardial Area at Risk and Salvage. Circulation. 2017;136:1288-1300 pubmed publisher..reaction in patients with ST-segment-elevation MI by CMR and assessed its implications for myocardium-at-risk (MaR) quantification both in patients and in a large-animal model...
- Tian M, Wang H, Chen Y, Zhang L, Shi G, Liu Y, et al. Highly time-resolved characterization of water-soluble inorganic ions in PM2.5 in a humid and acidic mega city in Sichuan Basin, China. Sci Total Environ. 2017;580:224-234 pubmed publisher..5 during winter (from Dec. 18, 2015 to Mar. 20, 2016) in Chongqing were collected by applying In-situ Gas and Aerosol Compositions Monitor...
- Bloomfield S, Girten B, Weisbrode S. Effects of vigorous exercise training and beta-agonist administration on bone response to hindlimb suspension. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1997;83:172-8 pubmed..at midfemur revealed a 17% smaller cortical bone area (CBA) and a 32% lower periosteal mineral apposition rate (MAR) in suspended vs. nonsuspended Sed/Sal rats...
- Zhao Z, Qian Y, Wald D, Xia Y, Geng J, Li X. IFN regulatory factor-1 is required for the up-regulation of the CD40-NF-kappa B activator 1 axis during airway inflammation. J Immunol. 2003;170:5674-80 pubmed..The induced expression of the CD40-Act1 axis by inflammatory cytokines in epithelial cells probably plays an important role in priming these cells for their response to CD40 ligand during airway inflammation. ..
- Wietzke Braun P, Maouzi A, Mänhardt L, Bickeböller H, Ramadori G, Mihm S. Interferon regulatory factor-1 promoter polymorphism and the outcome of hepatitis C virus infection. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;18:991-7 pubmed..In addition, in HCV genotype-1-infected patients, this genotype appears associated with response to therapy. ..
- Darai E, Cohen J, Ballester M. Colorectal endometriosis and fertility. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017;209:86-94 pubmed publisher..of colorectal endometriosis on spontaneous fertility and the potential benefit of Medically Assisted Reproduction (MAR) (in vitro fertilization and intrauterine insemination) and surgery on fertility outcomes...
- Carballo C, Castro D, Borrego J, Manchado M. Gene expression profiles associated with lymphocystis disease virus (LCDV) in experimentally infected Senegalese sole (Solea senegalensis). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;66:129-139 pubmed publisher..The expression profile observed indicated that the host triggered a systemic defensive response including inflammation able to cope with the viral challenge. ..
- Kostyrko K, Neuenschwander S, Junier T, Regamey A, Iseli C, Schmid Siegert E, et al. MAR-Mediated transgene integration into permissive chromatin and increased expression by recombination pathway engineering. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:384-396 pubmed publisher..SD-MMEJ pathway for transgene integration close to cellular genes, an effect shared with matrix attachment region (MAR) DNA elements that stimulate plasmid integration and expression...
- Li A, Xuan H, Sun A, Liu R, Cui J. Preparative separation of polyphenols from water-soluble fraction of Chinese propolis using macroporous absorptive resin coupled with preparative high performance liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1012-1013:42-9 pubmed publisher..isolation of eleven polyphenols from water-soluble fraction of Chinese propolis using macroporous absorptive resin (MAR) coupled with preparative high performance liquid chromatography (PHPLC)...
- Blackwell G, Nigro S, Hall R. Evolution of AbGRI2-0, the Progenitor of the AbGRI2 Resistance Island in Global Clone 2 of Acinetobacter baumannii. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015;60:1421-9 pubmed publisher..in the Netherlands in 1982 and also known as RUH134, is the earliest available multiply antibiotic-resistant (MAR) Acinetobacter baumannii isolate belonging to global clone 2 (GC2) and is the reference strain for this clone...
- Courter J, Parker S, Thurm C, Kronman M, Weissman S, Shah S, et al. Accuracy of Administrative Data for Antimicrobial Administration in Hospitalized Children. J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2017;: pubmed publisherAdministrative data are often used as a proxy for medication-administration record (MAR) data...
- Gu Z, Lee R, Skaar T, Bouker K, Welch J, Lu J, et al. Association of interferon regulatory factor-1, nucleophosmin, nuclear factor-kappaB, and cyclic AMP response element binding with acquired resistance to Faslodex (ICI 182,780). Cancer Res. 2002;62:3428-37 pubmed..Thus, some breast cancer cells may survive antiestrogen treatment by bypassing specific growth inhibitory signals induced by antagonist-occupied estrogen receptors. ..
- Jeong H, Kang W, Hong M, Jeong H, Shin M, Jeong M, et al. 5-Azacytidine modulates interferon regulatory factor 1 in macrophages to exert a cardioprotective effect. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15768 pubmed publisher..Collectively, 5AZ had a protective effect after MI by potentiation of IRF1 sumoylation and is suggested as a novel therapeutic intervention for cardiac repair. ..
- Xu X, Chai K, Chen Y, Lin Y, Zhang S, Li X, et al. Interferon activates promoter of Nmi gene via interferon regulator factor-1. Mol Cell Biochem. 2018;441:165-171 pubmed publisher..We also found that interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF-1) could activate transcription of Nmi by binding to the ISRE in the promoter...
- Anderson K, Rueter M, Connor J, Koh B. Observed Mother- and Father-Child Interaction Differences in Families with Medically Assisted Reproduction-Conceived Twins and Singletons. Fam Process. 2016;: pubmed publisherIncreased medically assisted reproduction (MAR) use to treat infertility has resulted in a growing twin birth rate. Little is known about parent-child relationships for twin relative to singleton children in middle childhood...
- Aresté C, Blackbourn D. HIV Tat-mediated transcriptional regulation of proteasome protein cleavage specificity. Biochem J. 2006;396:e13-5 pubmed..They may also provide an avenue for manipulating vaccine efficacy and specificity with Tat-based adjuvants. ..
- Arendt L, Lindhard M, Henriksen T, Forman A, Olsen J, Ramlau Hansen C. Maternal endometriosis and genital malformations in boys: a Danish register-based study. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:687-693 pubmed publisher..18; 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.97, 1.44). When stratified by medically assisted reproduction (MAR) technologies, the association was slightly stronger among boys born to women with endometriosis who had conceived ..
- Elkaim R, Bugueno Valdebenito I, Benkirane Jessel N, Tenenbaum H. Porphyromonas gingivalis and its lipopolysaccharide differently modulate epidermal growth factor-dependent signaling in human gingival epithelial cells. J Oral Microbiol. 2017;9:1334503 pubmed publisher..gingivalis. This study highlights that P. gingivalis and its purified LPS differentially modulated the expression of proteins (SOCS-3, IRF-1, EGFR, and STAT-3) interfering with EGF signaling. ..
- Cohen S, Mosig R, Moshier E, Pereira E, Rahaman J, Prasad Hayes M, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 1 is an independent predictor of platinum resistance and survival in high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;134:591-8 pubmed publisher..Transcriptome analysis identifies IRF1, a transcription factor that functions both in immune regulation and as a tumor suppressor, as being associated with platinum sensitivity and an independent predictor of both PFS and OS in HGSOC. ..
- Bouker K, Skaar T, Riggins R, Harburger D, Fernandez D, Zwart A, et al. Interferon regulatory factor-1 (IRF-1) exhibits tumor suppressor activities in breast cancer associated with caspase activation and induction of apoptosis. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1527-35 pubmed..03). These data establish a functional role for IRF-1 in the growth suppression of breast cancer cells and strongly implicate IRF-1 as a tumor suppressor gene in breast cancer that acts, independent of p53, to control apoptosis. ..
- Tooze R, Stephenson S, Doody G. Repression of IFN-gamma induction of class II transactivator: a role for PRDM1/Blimp-1 in regulation of cytokine signaling. J Immunol. 2006;177:4584-93 pubmed..These findings support a model in which PRDM1/Blimp-1 can modulate the cellular response to IFN-gamma by competing with IRF-1/IRF-2 dependent activation of target promoters. ..
- Azhdar F, Esmaeilnasab N, Moradi G, Roshani D, Ghaderi E, Nori B. Estimation of Intravenous Drug Users' Population in Kermanshah City, West of Iran in 2016 using Capture-recapture Method. J Res Health Sci. 2017;17:e00388 pubmed..Centers (DICs), Out Reach Teams (ORTs) and Methadone Maintenance Treatment centers (MMTs) in Kermanshah City from Mar 2015 until Mar 2016, and then indirect Capture-recapture was used to estimate the IDUs' population...
- Smithy J, Moore L, Pelekanou V, Rehman J, Gaule P, Wong P, et al. Nuclear IRF-1 expression as a mechanism to assess "Capability" to express PD-L1 and response to PD-1 therapy in metastatic melanoma. J Immunother Cancer. 2017;5:25 pubmed publisher..hypothesize that capacity to express PD-L1, as assessed by an assay for a PD-L1 transcription factor, interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF-1), may better distinguish patients likely to benefit from anti-PD-1 immunotherapy...
- Korachi M, Ceran N, Adaleti R, Niğdelioğlu A, Sokmen M. An association study of functional polymorphic genes IRF-1, IFNGR-1, and IFN-? with disease progression, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, and viral load in chronic hepatitis B and C. Int J Infect Dis. 2013;17:e44-9 pubmed publisher..05). Findings suggest that IFN-? (+874), IRF-1 (-410, -388), and IFNGR-1 (-56, -611) are candidate gene markers for determining patient susceptibility to the development of chronic hepatitis B and C. ..
- Lahdenperä A, Ludvigsson J, Fälth Magnusson K, Högberg L, Vaarala O. The effect of gluten-free diet on Th1-Th2-Th3-associated intestinal immune responses in celiac disease. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:538-49 pubmed publisher..The GFD did not correct the increased activation of the IFN-? signaling pathway related markers and reduced IL-2 expression, suggesting that they represent an immune dysregulation not dependent on gluten exposure. ..
- Nair S, Poddar S, Shimak R, Diamond M. Interferon regulatory factor-1 (IRF-1) protects against chikungunya virus induced immunopathology by restricting infection in muscle cells. J Virol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The antiviral actions of IRF-1 resulted in decreased local inflammatory responses in joint associated tissues, which prevented immunopathology. ..
- Dehghan A, Dupuis J, Barbalic M, Bis J, Eiriksdottir G, Lu C, et al. Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in >80 000 subjects identifies multiple loci for C-reactive protein levels. Circulation. 2011;123:731-8 pubmed publisher..We identified 18 loci that were associated with CRP levels. Our study highlights immune response and metabolic regulatory pathways involved in the regulation of chronic inflammation. ..
- Myers R, Scott N, Gauderman W, Qiu W, Mathias R, Romieu I, et al. Genome-wide interaction studies reveal sex-specific asthma risk alleles. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:5251-9 pubmed publisher..The most significant sex-specific association in European Americans was at the interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF1) locus on 5q31.1. We also identify a Latino female-specific association in RAP1GAP2...
- Hogan N, Whalen M, Stolze L, Hadeli N, Lam M, Springstead J, et al. Transcriptional networks specifying homeostatic and inflammatory programs of gene expression in human aortic endothelial cells. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings identify cis-regulatory elements and corresponding trans-acting factors that contribute to EC identity and their specific responses to pro-inflammatory stimuli...
- Chang P, Cheng C, Campbell M, Yang Y, Hsu H, Chang T, et al. The chromatin modification by SUMO-2/3 but not SUMO-1 prevents the epigenetic activation of key immune-related genes during Kaposi's sarcoma associated herpesvirus reactivation. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:824 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that SUMO-2/3 modification near protein-coding gene promoters occurs in order to maintain host immune-related gene unaltered during viral reactivation. ..
- Sun Q, Wu Y, Zhao F, Wang J. Maresin 1 Ameliorates Lung Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury by Suppressing Oxidative Stress via Activation of the Nrf-2-Mediated HO-1 Signaling Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2017;2017:9634803 pubmed publisher..b>MaR 1 ameliorated I/R-induced lung injury score, wet/dry weight ratio, myeloperoxidase, tumor necrosis factor, ..
- Silva T, Barros R, Tiago Filho G, Dos Santos I. Methodology for the determination of optimum power of a Thermal Power Plant (TPP) by biogas from sanitary landfill. Waste Manag. 2017;65:75-91 pubmed publisher..The smallest population to that can achieve a minimum attractiveness rate (MAR) of 15% should be 3,700,000 inhabitants under the conditions studied...
- LandrÃ© V, Revi B, Mir M, Verma C, Hupp T, Gilbert N, et al. Regulation of transcriptional activators by DNA-binding domain ubiquitination. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:903-916 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate an unexpected role for ubiquitin in the mechanism of TA-activity enhancement and provides insight into a new level of transcriptional regulation. ..
- Lv W, Guan Q, Hu X, Chen J, Jiang H, Zhang L, et al. Vestibulo-ocular reflex abnormality in Parkinson's disease detected by video head impulse test. Neurosci Lett. 2017;657:211-214 pubmed publisher..Sixty-three PD patients and 56 control healthy individuals were enrolled in this study between Mar 2015 and Aug 2015. VOR gains were determined by video head impulse test (vHIT) device...
- Lou Y, Xia D, Yu M, Tong J, Jin J. Identification of an IRF-1 splicing transcript in APL cells sharing similar transactivation activity of the full length one. Gene. 2017;605:108-113 pubmed publisher..Identification of IRF-1-s in NB4 cells would be benefit for our further exploring the signaling pathway of ATRA and interferons, as well as the mechanisms of differentiation of APL cells. ..