Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IREB2
Description: iron-responsive element binding protein 2
Alias: ACO3, IRP2, IRP2AD, IRE-BP 2, iron regulatory protein 2, iron-responsive element-binding protein 2
Publications142 found, 100 shown here
- Phylogeny, virulence factors and antimicrobial susceptibility of Escherichia coli isolated in clinical bovine mastitisLeena Suojala
Department of Production Animal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Paroninkuja 20, FI 04920 Saarentaus, Finland
Vet Microbiol 147:383-8. 2011..Altogether 56 isolates (38.9%) had at least one virulence gene detected. Most common virulence genes detected were irp2, iucD, papC iss; genes svg, stx1, stx2, cnf1 and hlyA were not found...
- Sulfide increases labile iron pool in RD4 cellsJonas Hälldin
Department of Neurochemistry, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Biometals 21:127-31. 2008..We have also detected the amounts of L-ferritin protein as well as the iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2). The sulfide treatment resulted in a 100% increase in the amount of LIP after 1 and 2 h...
- Yersiniabactin production by Pseudomonas syringae and Escherichia coli, and description of a second yersiniabactin locus evolutionary groupAlain Bultreys
Département Biotechnologie, Centre Wallon de Recherches Agronomiques, Chaussée de Charleroi 234, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:3814-25. 2006..HPLC-proven yersiniabactin-producing E. coli lacked modifications found in irp1 and irp2 in the human pathogen CFT073, and it is not clear whether CFT073 produces yersiniabactin...
- Targeted deletion of the gene encoding iron regulatory protein-2 causes misregulation of iron metabolism and neurodegenerative disease in miceT LaVaute
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 27:209-14. 2001..Here we generate mice with a targeted disruption of the gene encoding Irp2 (Ireb2). These mutant mice misregulate iron metabolism in the intestinal mucosa and the central nervous system...
- The molecular features and catalytic activity of CuA-containing aco3-type cytochrome c oxidase from a facultative alkalophilic BacillusI Yumoto
Department of Life Science, Faculty of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Kanagawa
J Biochem 114:88-95. 1993Cytochrome aco3 of Bacillus YN-2000 was purified by an improved procedure and its molecular features and catalytic activity were extensively studied...
- Coordinated regulation of iron-controlling genes, H-ferritin and IRP2, by c-MYCK J Wu
Division of Oncology, Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA an
Science 283:676-9. 1999..which sequesters intracellular iron, and to stimulate the expression of the iron regulatory protein-2 (IRP2), which increases the intracellular iron pool...
- Integration of genomic and genetic approaches implicates IREB2 as a COPD susceptibility geneDawn L DeMeo
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 85:493-502. 2009..60 x 10(-5) as a conservative threshold for significance. Three SNPs in the iron regulatory protein 2 (IREB2) gene met this stringent threshold for significance, and four other IREB2 SNPs demonstrated ..
- Novel translational control through an iron-responsive element by interaction of multifunctional protein YB-1 and IRP2Megumi Ashizuka
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 22:6375-83. 2002..screenings to identify partners of this protein; the results showed that YB-1 itself, iron-regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), and five ribosomal proteins each served as partners to YB-1...
- Control of iron homeostasis by an iron-regulated ubiquitin ligaseAjay A Vashisht
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 326:718-21. 2009..The degradation of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) in iron-replete cells is a key event in this pathway, but the E3 ubiquitin ligase responsible for ..
- An E3 ligase possessing an iron-responsive hemerythrin domain is a regulator of iron homeostasisAmeen A Salahudeen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Science 326:722-6. 2009..responsible for iron uptake, release, use, and storage through the actions of the iron regulatory proteins IRP1 and IRP2. However, the manner in which iron levels are sensed to affect IRP2 activity is poorly understood...
- Excess capacity of the iron regulatory protein systemWei Wang
Department of Cancer Biology, Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24650-9. 2007Iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) are master regulators of cellular iron metabolism...
- Human iron regulatory protein 2 is easily cleaved in its specific domain: consequences for the haem binding properties of the proteinCamille Dycke
CEA, DSV, iRTSV, Laboratoire de Chimie et Biologie des Metaux, 17 rue des Martyrs, Grenoble F 38054, France
Biochem J 408:429-39. 2007Mammalian IRPs (iron regulatory proteins), IRP1 and IRP2, are cytosolic RNA-binding proteins that post-transcriptionally control the mRNA of proteins involved in storage, transport, and utilization of iron...
- HOIL-1 is not required for iron-mediated IRP2 degradation in HEK293 cellsKimberly B Zumbrennen
Eccles Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:246-52. 2008b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) binds to iron-responsive elements (IREs) to regulate the translation and stability of mRNAs encoding several proteins involved in mammalian iron homeostasis...
- Oxygen and iron regulation of iron regulatory protein 2Eric S Hanson
Eccles Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics and the Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40337-42. 2003b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) is a central regulator of cellular iron homeostasis due to its regulation of specific mRNAs encoding proteins of iron uptake and storage...
- Iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 in human monocytes, macrophages and duodenum: expression and regulation in hereditary hemochromatosis and iron deficiencyStefania Recalcati
Institute of General Pathology, Milano, Italy
Haematologica 91:303-10. 2006The functions of the iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2), which control cellular iron homeostasis are similar but not identical...
- A study of genes that may modulate the expression of hereditary hemochromatosis: transferrin receptor-1, ferroportin, ceruloplasmin, ferritin light and heavy chains, iron regulatory proteins (IRP)-1 and -2, and hepcidinP L Lee
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 27:783-802. 2001..These were further examined for association with differences in iron accumulation as measured by plasma transferrin saturation and ferritin levels, but no such association could be documented...
- Decreased transferrin receptor expression by neuromelanin cells in restless legs syndromeJ R Connor
Department of Neural and Behavior Sciences, G M Leader Family Laboratory for AD Research, Penn Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Neurology 62:1563-7. 2004..Its etiology is unknown, but MRI analyses and immunohistochemical studies on autopsy tissue suggest the substantia nigra (SN) of patients with RLS has subnormal amounts of iron...
- Tempol-mediated activation of latent iron regulatory protein activity prevents symptoms of neurodegenerative disease in IRP2 knockout miceManik C Ghosh
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and Radiation Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12028-33. 2008..homologous cytosolic regulatory proteins, iron regulatory protein 1 (also known as IRP1 and Aco1) and iron regulatory protein 2 (also known as IRP2 and Ireb2), sense cytosolic iron levels and posttranscriptionally regulate iron ..
- Microcytic anemia, erythropoietic protoporphyria, and neurodegeneration in mice with targeted deletion of iron-regulatory protein 2Sharon S Cooperman
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 106:1084-91. 2005..Mice with targeted deletion of IRP2 overexpress ferritin and express abnormally low TfR levels in multiple tissues...
- Genetic ablations of iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 reveal why iron regulatory protein 2 dominates iron homeostasisEsther G Meyron-Holtz
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, NIHCD, Bethesda, MD, USA
EMBO J 23:386-95. 2004The two iron regulatory proteins IRP1 and IRP2 bind to transcripts of ferritin, transferrin receptor and other target genes to control the expression of iron metabolism proteins at the post-transcriptional level...
- Zinc deficiency-induced iron accumulation, a consequence of alterations in iron regulatory protein-binding activity, iron transporters, and iron storage proteinsBrad J Niles
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8669, USA
J Biol Chem 283:5168-77. 2008..Examination of zinc-deficient cells revealed increased binding of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) and decreased binding of IRP1 to a consensus iron-responsive element...
- Iron-dependent regulation of frataxin expression: implications for treatment of Friedreich ataxiaKuanyu Li
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Molecular Medicine Program, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2265-73. 2008..of FA patients have evidence of cytosolic iron depletion, as indicated by increased levels of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) and/or increased IRE-binding activity of IRP1...
- Coordination of PGC-1beta and iron uptake in mitochondrial biogenesis and osteoclast activationKiyo aki Ishii
Department of Bone and Joint Disease, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology NCGG, 36 3 Gengo, Morioka, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Nat Med 15:259-66. 2009..osteoclast development, transferrin receptor 1 (TfR1) expression was induced post-transcriptionally via iron regulatory protein 2. TfR1-mediated iron uptake promoted osteoclast differentiation and bone-resorbing activity, associated ..
- Characterization of the 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid (ACC) oxidase multigene family of Malus domestica BorkhJan E Binnie
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Phytochemistry 70:348-60. 2009..Royal Gala). The genes, designated MD-ACO2 (with an ORF of 990bp) and MD-ACO3 (966bp) have been compared with a previously cloned gene of apple, MD-ACO1 (with an ORF of 942bp)...
- Heme induces ubiquitination and degradation of the transcription factor Bach1Yukari Zenke-Kawasaki
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo machi 2 1, Sendai, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:6962-71. 2007..HOIL-1, an ubiquitin-protein ligase which recognizes heme-bound, oxidized iron regulatory protein 2, was found to bind with Bach1 when both were overexpressed in NIH 3T3 cells...
- Genotypic and phenotypic heterogeneity of African Americans with primary iron overloadJames C Barton
Southern Iron Disorders Center, G 105, 20220 Brookwood Medical Center Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 31:310-9. 2003..Abnormal alleles of beta-2 microglobulin, Nramp2, TFR2, hepcidin, or IRP2 alleles were not detected in either of the 2 patients so tested...
- Tumorigenic properties of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) mediated by its specific 73-amino acids insertCarmen Maffettone
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, and Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e10163. 2010Iron regulatory proteins, IRP1 and IRP2, bind to mRNAs harboring iron responsive elements and control their expression. IRPs may also perform additional functions...
- MRI detection of ferritin iron overload and associated neuronal pathology in iron regulatory protein-2 knockout miceColette Grabill
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bldg 18T, Room 101 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res 971:95-106. 2003Genetic ablation of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP-2), a protein responsible for post-transcriptional regulation of expression of several iron metabolism proteins, predisposes IRP-2 -/- mice to develop adult onset neurodegenerative ..
- Altered body iron distribution and microcytosis in mice deficient in iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2)Bruno Galy
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 106:2580-9. 2005b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2)-deficient mice have been reported to suffer from late-onset neurodegeneration by an unknown mechanism...
- Neuroprotective mechanism of mitochondrial ferritin on 6-hydroxydopamine-induced dopaminergic cell damage: implication for neuroprotection in Parkinson's diseaseZhen hua Shi
Laboratory of Molecular Iron Metabolism, College of Life Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, China
Antioxid Redox Signal 13:783-96. 2010..Adult iron-regulatory protein 2 knockout (Ireb2(-/-)) mice develop iron accumulation in white matter tracts and nuclei in different brain area and display severe ..
- Loss of the von Hippel Lindau tumor suppressor disrupts iron homeostasis in renal carcinoma cellsAlessandra Alberghini
Institute of General Pathology, University of Milan, Via Mangiagalli 31, 20133 Milan
J Biol Chem 280:30120-8. 2005..Despite the similarities between HIF-1 and iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), we found no evidence of specific regulation of IRP2 by VHL...
- Neurochemical investigations of dopamine neuronal systems in iron-regulatory protein 2 (IRP-2) knockout miceMichael F Salvatore
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, The Morris K Udall Parkinson s Disease Research Center of Excellence, 306 Whitney Hendrickson Bldg, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 139:341-7. 2005..Instead, these observations support that the IRP-2 -/- genotype may enable neurobiological events associated with aging...
- Iron, copper, and iron regulatory protein 2 in Alzheimer's disease and related dementiasShino Magaki
Center for Neurosurgery Research, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Neurosci Lett 418:72-6. 2007..Additionally, the expression of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) was examined in relation to the pathological hallmarks of AD and DLB, amyloid plaques, ..
- Neurons lacking iron regulatory protein-2 are highly resistant to the toxicity of hemoglobinRaymond F Regan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Sansom Street, Thompson Building Room 239, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neurobiol Dis 31:242-9. 2008The effect of iron regulatory protein-2 (IRP2) on ferritin expression and neuronal vulnerability to hemoglobin was assessed in primary cortical cell cultures prepared from wild-type and IRP2 knockout mice...
- Isolation, characterization, and functional studies of rat liver iron regulatory protein 1R S Eisenstein
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 343:81-91. 1997..translationally regulated by the binding of either of two cytosolic proteins, iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) or IRP2, to the iron responsive element (IRE) located in their 5' untranslated region (UTR)...
- Iron-activated iron uptake: a positive feedback loop mediated by iron regulatory protein 1Marto T Núñez
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Chile, Casilla 653, Santiago, Chile
Biometals 16:83-90. 2003..When cells were incubated with up to 20 microM of iron, a typical decrease in IRP1 and IRP2 activity was observed. Interestingly, when iron was further increased to 40 or 80 microM...
- The acute box cis-element in human heavy ferritin mRNA 5'-untranslated region is a unique translation enhancer that binds poly(C)-binding proteinsAndrew M Thomson
Laboratory for Cancer Medicine, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, UWA Centre for Medical Research, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research and University of Western Australia, Royal Perth Hospital
J Biol Chem 280:30032-45. 2005..iron at the level of message translation via a modulated interaction between the iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) and a 5'-untranslated region. Iron-responsive element (IRE)...
- Responsiveness of Trichomonas vaginalis to iron concentrations: evidence for a post-transcriptional iron regulation by an IRE/IRP-like systemJ C Torres-Romero
Departamento de Infectómica y Patogénesis Molecular, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico City, Mexico
Infect Genet Evol 9:1065-74. 2009..post-transcriptional level by a well known mechanism mediated by the binding of iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) to hairpin-loop structures, dubbed iron-responsive elements (IREs), localized in the untranslated regions (UTRs) ..
- Analysis of nucleotide variations in genes of iron management in patients of Parkinson's disease and other movement disordersEmanuela Castiglioni
Genomic Unit for the Diagnosis of Human Pathologies, Center for Genomics, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
Parkinsons Dis 2011:827693. 2010..movement disorders, we scanned by DHPLC the exons and intronic boundary regions of ceruloplasmin, iron regulatory protein 2, hemopexin, hepcidin and hemojuvelin genes in cohorts of subjects affected by Parkinson's disease and ..
- Molecular regulation of iron homeostasis and resistance to infection in alcoholicsBarry J Potter
Department of Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 1393, USA
Front Biosci 7:d1396-409. 2002..state of knowledge on cellular iron homeostasis, with particular reference to the iron regulatory proteins (IRP1, IRP2 and HFE) and the iron membrane transport proteins, two of which have been shown to be members of the natural ..
- Up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 in 6-hydroxydopamine intoxication is IRE/IRP dependentHong Jiang
Department of Physiology, Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Pathogenesis and Prevention of Neurological Disorders and State Key Disciplines Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, Qingdao 266071, China
Cell Res 20:345-56. 2010..5 cells. In 6-OHDA-treated MES23.5 cells, increased iron regulatory protein (IRP) 1 and IRP2 expression was observed, while silencing of IRPs dramatically diminished 6-OHDA-induced DMT1+IRE up-regulation...
- Unexpected anthracycline-mediated alterations in iron-regulatory protein-RNA-binding activity: the iron and copper complexes of anthracyclines decrease RNA-binding activityJuliana C Kwok
The Heart Research Institute, The Iron Metabolism and Chelation Group, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Mol Pharmacol 62:888-900. 2002..of cardiomyocytes was similar to that observed using neoplastic cells, and particularly notable was the decrease in IRP2-RNA-binding activity...
- Up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 is involved in 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP(+))-induced apoptosis in MES23.5 cellsShuzhen Zhang
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, China
Neurobiol Aging 30:1466-76. 2009..However, there were no changes for iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1), despite decreased expression of IRP2. Iron itself had no effect on IRP1 and IRP2 expression...
- Structure and expression of three genes encoding ACC oxidase homologs from melon (Cucumis melo L.)E Lasserre
Laboratoire Ethylène et Mécanismes Moléculaires de la Maturation des Fruits UA INRA, Ecole Nationale Superieure Agronomique de Toulouse, France
Mol Gen Genet 251:81-90. 1996..The other two genes (CM-ACO2, CM-ACO3) have only two introns, at positions identical to their counterparts in CM-ACO1...
- The yersiniabactin biosynthetic gene cluster of Yersinia enterocolitica: organization and siderophore-dependent regulationC Pelludat
Max von Pettenkofer Institut für Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Bacteriol 180:538-46. 1998..These genes constitute the yersiniabactin biosynthetic gene cluster together with the previously defined irp2. The irp1 gene consists of 9,486 bp capable of encoding a 3,161-amino-acid high-molecular-weight protein 1 (HMWP1) ..
- The functional duality of iron regulatory protein 1Karl Volz
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7344, USA
Curr Opin Struct Biol 18:106-11. 2008Iron homeostasis in animal cells is controlled post-transcriptionally by the iron regulatory proteins IRP1 and IRP2. IRP1 can assume two different functions in the cell, depending on conditions...
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase HOIL-1 induces the polyubiquitination and degradation of SOCS6 associated proteinsJulie Bayle
INSERM UMR599, Laboratoire d Hématopoïèse Moléculaire et Fonctionnelle, Marseille, France
FEBS Lett 580:2609-14. 2006..Here, we show that haem-oxidized IRP2 ubiquitin ligase-1 (HOIL-1), another E3 ubiquitin ligase, interacts with SOCS6...
- IRP1-independent alterations of cardiac iron metabolism in doxorubicin-treated miceGianfranca Corna
Institute of General Pathology, University of Milan, Via Mangiagalli 31, Milan 20133, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 84:551-60. 2006..DOX exposure elicits a differential modulation of the two IRPs with reduced IRP2 activity and unchanged IRP1 activity...
- Identification of the ubiquitin-protein ligase that recognizes oxidized IRP2Koji Yamanaka
Department of Molecular and System Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 5:336-40. 2003..b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), a modulator of iron metabolism, is regulated by iron-induced ubiquitination and degradation...
- A siderophore biosynthesis gene cluster from the fish pathogen Photobacterium damselae subsp. piscicida is structurally and functionally related to the Yersinia high-pathogenicity islandCarlos R Osorio
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Institute of Aquaculture and Faculty of Biology, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela 15782, Galicia, Spain
Microbiology 152:3327-41. 2006..DNA region of 35 kb was identified in strain DI21, and 11 genes were defined: dahP, araC1, araC2, frpA, irp8, irp2, irp1, irp3, irp4, irp9 and irp5...
- Iron-dependent degradation of IRP2 requires its C-terminal region and IRP structural integrityJian Wang
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B, Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Mol Biol 9:15. 2008b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), a post-transcriptional regulator of cellular iron metabolism, undergoes iron-dependent degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway...
- Fine mapping of chromosome 15q25.1 lung cancer susceptibility in African-AmericansHelen M Hansen
Division of Neuroepidemiology, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:3652-61. 2010..A haplotype and its tagging single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) encompassing six genes from IREB2 to CHRNB4 were most strongly associated with lung cancer risk (OR = 1.3; P < 10(-20))...
- Glutaredoxin 5 deficiency causes sideroblastic anemia by specifically impairing heme biosynthesis and depleting cytosolic iron in human erythroblastsHong Ye
Molecular Medicine Program, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 120:1749-61. 2010..element-binding (IRE-binding) activity of iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) was activated, and increased IRP2 levels, indicative of relative cytosolic iron depletion, were observed together with mitochondrial iron overload...
- High-molecular-weight protein 2 of Yersinia enterocolitica is homologous to AngR of Vibrio anguillarum and belongs to a family of proteins involved in nonribosomal peptide synthesisI Guilvout
Unité de bactériologie moléculaire et médicale, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Bacteriol 175:5488-504. 1993The iron-regulated irp2 gene is specific for the highly pathogenic Yersinia species and encodes high-molecular-weight protein 2 (HMWP2)...
- HSC20 interacts with frataxin and is involved in iron-sulfur cluster biogenesis and iron homeostasisYuxi Shan
School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:1457-69. 2012..cytosolic and mitochondrial iron pools and increased the expression of transferrin receptor 1 and iron regulatory protein 2 consistent with decreased iron bioavailability...
- Familial keratoconus with cataract: linkage to the long arm of chromosome 15 and exclusion of candidate genesAnne E Hughes
Department of Medical Genetics, Queen s University, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland, U K
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:5063-6. 2003..Uniquely, in this family both disorders were present and fully penetrant in those affected...
- Electron tomography of degenerating neurons in mice with abnormal regulation of iron metabolismPeijun Zhang
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
J Struct Biol 150:144-53. 2005Previous studies have shown that IRP1(+/-) IRP2(-/-) knockout mice develop progressive neurodegenerative symptoms similar to those observed in human movement disorders such as Parkinson's disease...
- Aging-related changes in the iron status of skeletal muscleKeith C DeRuisseau
Department of Exercise Science, Syracuse University, 820 Comstock Ave, Room 201 WB, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA Electronic address
Exp Gerontol 48:1294-302. 2013..TfR1), storage (ferritin), export (ferroportin; FPN), and regulation (iron regulatory protein-1 (IRP1) and -2 (IRP2)) of male F344xBN F1 rats (n=10/group) of various ages (8, 18, 28, 32, and 36 months) to further understand iron ..
- Nitrogen monoxide-mediated control of ferritin synthesis: implications for macrophage iron homeostasisSangwon Kim
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital and Department of Physiology, McGill University, 3755 Cote Sainte Catherine Road, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12214-9. 2002Intracellular iron homeostasis is regulated posttranscriptionally by iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 (IRP1 and IRP2)...
- Functional interaction between nitric oxide-induced iron homeostasis and heme oxygenase-1 in immortalized and malignant oral keratinocytesSun Kyung Lee
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, College of Dentistry, Wonkwang University, Iksan City, Jeonbuk 570 749, Republic of Korea
Cancer Lett 249:283-93. 2007..The roles of the caspase pathway, of regulatory proteins of iron metabolism (iron regulatory protein (IRP)1, IRP2, transferrin receptor (TfR), and ferritin), and of HO-1 in protection against NO-induced cytotoxicity were assessed...
- Iron regulatory protein-independent regulation of ferritin synthesis by nitrogen monoxideMarc Mikhael
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
FEBS J 273:3828-36. 2006The discovery of iron-responsive elements (IREs), along with the identification of iron regulatory proteins (IRP1, IRP2), has provided a molecular basis for our current understanding of the remarkable post-transcriptional regulation of ..
- Nitric oxide inhibits the degradation of IRP2Jian Wang
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Rd, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 25:1347-53. 2005Iron-regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), a posttranscriptional regulator of iron metabolism, undergoes proteasomal degradation in iron-replete cells, while it is stabilized in iron deficiency or hypoxia...
- Association of pro-inflammatory cytokines and iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) with Leishmania burden in canine visceral leishmaniasisPaulo Ricardo Porfírio do Nascimento
Department of Biochemistry, BioScience Center, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil Institute of Tropical Medicine of Rio Grande do Norte, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e73873. 2013..The expression of IFN-γ, TNF-α, IL-10 and Iron Regulatory Protein 2 (IRP2) were determined in the spleen by quantitative PCR. Sera cytokines were evaluated by ELISA...
- Iron regulatory protein 1 outcompetes iron regulatory protein 2 in regulating cellular iron homeostasis in response to nitric oxideAgnieszka Styś
Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Jastrzebiec, 05 552 Wolka Kosowska, Poland
J Biol Chem 286:22846-54. 2011..IRP1 is a bifunctional protein that mostly exists in a non-IRE-binding, [4Fe-4S] cluster aconitase form, whereas IRP2, which does not assemble an Fe-S cluster, spontaneously binds IREs...
- Developmental changes in the expression of iron regulatory proteins and iron transport proteins in the perinatal rat brainAsha Jyothi M Siddappa
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Neurosci Res 68:761-75. 2002..IRP and transport protein expression increased in parallel over time. IRP1, IRP2, and DMT-1 were partially expressed in the choroid plexus epithelial cells at PND 5 and 10, and fully expressed at ..
- Stat5 regulates cellular iron uptake of erythroid cells via IRP-2 and TfR-1Marc A Kerenyi
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Blood 112:3878-88. 2008..This reduction could be attributed to reduced transcription of TfR-1 mRNA and iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP-2), the major translational regulator of TfR-1 mRNA stability in erythroid cells...
- Identification, expression, and assay of an oxidation-specific ubiquitin ligase, HOIL-1Kazuhiro Iwai
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, and Japan Science and Technology Agency, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Methods Enzymol 398:256-71. 2005..Through studies analyzing iron-mediated degradation of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), a central regulator of iron metabolism in mammalian cells, we have identified a RING finger ..
- A mechanistic study of proteasome inhibition-induced iron misregulation in dopamine neuron degenerationXu Ping Li
Parkinson Disease Research Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurosignals 20:223-36. 2012..We documented that IRP2 disruption resulted in an increase in transferrin receptor 1 (TfR1), a decrease in ferritin heavy chain (H-Frt), ..
- Virulence-associated traits in avian Escherichia coli: comparison between isolates from colibacillosis-affected and clinically healthy layer flocksD Vandekerchove
Department of Bacteriology and Immunology, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre, Groeselenberg 99, Brussel 1180, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 108:75-87. 2005..were significantly more often detected in the outbreak isolates than in the control isolates: tsh, iss, iucA, iutA, irp2, fyuA, iroC, cvaC, colicin and colicin V production...
- Dissecting direct and indirect genetic effects on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) susceptibilityMateusz Siedlinski
Channing Division of Network Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Genet 132:431-41. 2013..Simultaneous analysis of modestly (r (2) = 0.21) linked markers in CHRNA3 and IREB2 revealed that an even larger (~42%) proportion of the total effect of the CHRNA3 locus on COPD was mediated by ..
- Adhesion of human and animal Escherichia coli strains in association with their virulence-associated genes and phylogenetic originsUlrike Frömmel
Brandenburgische Technische Universität Cottbus Senftenberg, Senftenberg, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 79:5814-29. 2013..a higher rate of adhesion to one or more cell lines: afa-dra, daaD, tsh, vat, ibeA, fyuA, mat, sfa-foc, malX, pic, irp2, and papC. In summary, we established new screening methods which enabled us to characterize large numbers of E...
- Surgical trauma induces iron accumulation and oxidative stress in a rodent model of postoperative cognitive dysfunctionLi na An
Anesthesia and Operation Center, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Biol Trace Elem Res 151:277-83. 2013..involved in the maintenance of brain iron homeostasis, including ferritin, transferrin receptor 1, and iron regulatory protein 2, were significantly different at postoperative days 1 and 3 in the hippocampus of splenectomized animals ..
- IRP1 regulates erythropoiesis and systemic iron homeostasis by controlling HIF2α mRNA translationNicole Wilkinson
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, and Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Blood 122:1658-68. 2013..mechanism for translational regulation of its expression via iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 (IRP1 and IRP2, respectively)...
- Isolation and characterization of a potato cDNA corresponding to a 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate (ACC) oxidase gene differentially activated by stressMaria Eugenia Zanetti
Instituto de Investigaciones Biológicas Departamento de Biología, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Funes 3250, CC 1245, 7600 Mar del Plata, Argentina
J Exp Bot 53:2455-7. 2002..A cDNA clone encoding an ACC oxidase, ST-ACO3, was isolated from potato (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Genetic modification of iron metabolism in mice affects the gut microbiotaKeren Buhnik-Rosenblau
Department of Biotechnolgy and Food Engineering, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 32000, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Biometals 25:883-92. 2012..The iron regulatory protein 2 (Irp2) and one of the genes mutated in hereditary hemochromatosis Hfe , are both proteins involved in ..
- Pathotyping avian pathogenic Escherichia coli strains in KoreaYong Wun Jeong
Laboratory of Avian Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine and BK21 for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
J Vet Sci 13:145-52. 2012..The virulence genes we tested included ones encoding type 1 fimbriae (fimC), iron uptake-related (iroN, irp2, iucD, and fyuA), toxins (lt, st, stx1, stx2, and vat), and other factors (tsh, hlyF, ompT, and iss)...
- HO-1-mediated macroautophagy: a mechanism for unregulated iron deposition in aging and degenerating neural tissuesHillel Zukor
Centre for Neurotranslational Research, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 109:776-91. 2009..and sulfur within many cytopathological profiles without impacting ferroportin, transferrin receptor, ferritin, and IRP2 protein levels or IRP1 activity...
- Human ISD11 is essential for both iron-sulfur cluster assembly and maintenance of normal cellular iron homeostasisYanbo Shi
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Molecular Medicine Program, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:3014-25. 2009..iron-responsive element-binding activity of iron regulatory protein 1, increased protein levels of iron regulatory protein 2, and resulted in abnormal punctate ferric iron accumulations in cells...
- The frequency of molecular detection of virulence genes encoding cytolysin A, high-pathogenicity island and cytolethal distending toxin of Escherichia coli in cases of sudden infant death syndrome does not differ from that in other infant deaths and healtAmanda R Highet
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Med Microbiol 58:285-9. 2009..and 101 dead control and healthy infants for three new candidate pathogenicity-related genes: clyA (cytolysin A), irp2 [high-pathogenicity island (HPI)-specific gene] and cdt (cytolethal distending toxin)...
- In vivo role(s) of the iron regulatory proteins (IRP) 1 and 2 in aseptic local inflammationLydie Viatte
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:913-21. 2009..To explore the role of IRP1 and IRP2 in inflammation, IRP-deficient mice, i.e...
- A novel streptococcal integrative conjugative element involved in iron acquisitionZoe Heather
Centre for Preventive Medicine, Animal Health Trust, Lanwades Park, Kentford, Newmarket, Suffolk, UK
Mol Microbiol 70:1274-92. 2008..Deletion of eqbA resulted in a small-colony phenotype. Further deletion of the irp2 homologue eqbE, or the genes eqbH, eqbI and eqbJ encoding a putative ABC transporter, or addition of the iron ..
- Demonstration and characterization of the iron regulatory protein in human brainJ Hu
Department of Neuroscience and Anatomy, Penn State University College of Medicine, M S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Neurochem 67:838-44. 1996..Two IRPs (IRP1 and IRP2) have been reported...
- Transcription deregulation at the 15q25 locus in association with lung adenocarcinoma riskFelicia S Falvella
Fondazione IRCCS, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 15:1837-42. 2009....
- Cysteine oxidation regulates the RNA-binding activity of iron regulatory protein 2Kimberly B Zumbrennen
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2219-29. 2009b>Iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) is an RNA-binding protein that regulates the posttranscriptional expression of proteins required for iron homeostasis such as ferritin and transferrin receptor 1...
- Iron regulatory protein 2 is involved in brain copper homeostasisClaudius Mueller
Neurosurgery Center for Research, Training and Education, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 18:201-10. 2009..we have therefore compared brain regional copper levels and AbetaPP expression in mice with a targeted deletion of IRP2-/-...
- Chronic expression of H-ferritin in dopaminergic midbrain neurons results in an age-related expansion of the labile iron pool and subsequent neurodegeneration: implications for Parkinson's diseaseDeepinder Kaur
Buck Institute for Age Research, 8001 Redwood Blvd, Novato, CA 94945, USA
Brain Res 1297:17-22. 2009..A similar age-related neurodegeneration has been reported in iron regulatory protein 2-deficient (IRP2 -/-) mice coinciding with increased ferritin levels within degenerating neurons...
- An iron-clad role for proteasomal degradationNancy C Andrews
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cell Metab 14:281-2. 2011..In this issue of Cell Metabolism, Moroishi and colleagues (2011) show that FBXL5, an iron sensor in an ubiquitin ligase complex, keeps cellular iron in balance by promoting the degradation of IRP2 in vivo.
- The embryo lethality of Escherichia coli isolates and its relationship to the presence of virulence-associated genesJ Y Oh
Animal, Plant and Fisheries Quarantine and Inspection Agency, Anyang, Kyunggi, Korea
Poult Sci 91:370-5. 2012..from visceral organs of chickens with colibacillosis for the presence of 9 virulence genes (fimC, tsh, fyuA, irp2, iucD, cvi/cva, iss, astA, and vat) by PCR...
- Nitrosative and oxidative modulation of iron regulatory proteinsC Bouton
Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 55:1043-53. 1999..Iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2), two post-transcriptional regulators of gene expression, are particularly sensitive to NO synthesis and to ..
- From grazing resistance to pathogenesis: the coincidental evolution of virulence factorsSandrine Adiba
Laboratoire d Ecologie, CNRS UMR7625, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris Universitas, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11882. 2010..coli collection faced to the grazing of D. discoideum. E. coli strains carrying virulence genes such as iroN, irp2, fyuA involved in iron uptake, belonging to the B2 phylogenetic group and being virulent in a mouse model of ..
- Selective translational control of the Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein transcript by iron regulatory protein-1Hyun Hee Cho
Neurochemistry Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry Neuroscience, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 285:31217-32. 2010..Equal modulated interaction of the iron regulatory proteins (IRP1 and IRP2) with canonical IREs controls iron-dependent translation of the ferritin subunits...
- Iron regulatory protein-2 knockout increases perihematomal ferritin expression and cell viability after intracerebral hemorrhageMai Chen
Department of Emergency Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Brain Res 1337:95-103. 2010..In order to assess the therapeutic potential of this approach after striatal ICH, the effect of IRP1 or IRP2 gene knockout on ferritin expression and injury was quantified...
- The role of IREB2 and transforming growth factor beta-1 genetic variants in COPD: a replication case-control studySally L Chappell
The University of Nottingham, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, University Hospital, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
BMC Med Genet 12:24. 2011..association studies in combination with expression profiling have identified a number of new candidates including IREB2. A meta-analysis has implicated transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGFbeta1) as a contributor to disease ..
- Mammalian iron metabolismLuis G Valerio
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Food Additive Safety, Division of Biotechnology and GRAS Notice Review, College Park, MD, 20470, USA
Toxicol Mech Methods 17:497-517. 2007..In the cytosol, iron regulatory proteins 1 and 2 (IRP1 and IRP2) play a prominent role in sensing the presence of iron in order to posttranscriptionally regulate the expression of ..
- Posttranslational stability of the heme biosynthetic enzyme ferrochelatase is dependent on iron availability and intact iron-sulfur cluster assembly machineryDaniel R Crooks
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Blood 115:860-9. 2010..We investigated ferrochelatase expression in iron-deficient erythropoietic tissues of mice lacking iron regulatory protein 2, in iron-deficient murine erythroleukemia cells, and in human patients with ISCU myopathy...
- A case report of spontaneous mutation (C33>U) in the iron-responsive element of L-ferritin causing hyperferritinemia-cataract syndromeWei Cao
Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Blood Cells Mol Dis 44:22-7. 2010..post-transcriptional negative feedback exerted by the interaction between iron regulatory proteins 1, 2 (IRP1 and IRP2) and IRE, which leads to uncontrolled expression of L-ferritin...
- Virulence-associated fyuA/irp2 gene cluster of Yersinia enterocolitica biotype 1B carries a novel insertion sequence IS1328A Rakin
Institut für Hygiene und Mikrobiologie, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 129:287-92. 1995The fyuA/irp2 gene cluster, which is part of the Yersinia pestis pigmentation (pgm) locus encoding genes involved in iron uptake and virulence, is present in all pesticin-sensitive bacteria. In Y...
- [Regulating action of iron regulatory protein-2 in iron metabolism of lung cancer]Zhe Cheng
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 91:1992-5. 2011To discuss the regulating mechanism of iron regulatory protein-2 (IRP2) in the iron metabolism of lung cancer.
- Hereditary causes of disturbed iron homeostasis in the central nervous systemPrem Ponka
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Department of Physiology and Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1012:267-81. 2004..Mice with a targeted disruption of a gene for iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), a translational repressor of ferritin, misregulate iron metabolism in the intestinal mucosa and ..
- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of iron homeostasis and toxicity in mammalian cellsRobert R Crichton
Unite de Biochimie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Inorg Biochem 91:9-18. 2002..Current views on cellular iron homeostasis involving the iron regulatory proteins IRP1 and IRP2 and their interactions with the iron regulatory elements, affecting either mRNA translation (ferritin and erythroid ..
- Regional dissection and determination of loosely bound and non-heme iron in the developing mouse brainShino Magaki
Neurosurgery Center for Research, Training and Education, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Brain Res 1158:144-50. 2007..We examined 6, 12, and 24 week old wildtype C57BL/6 mice and mice with a targeted deletion of iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2-/-) that have been reported to develop neurodegenerative symptoms in adulthood...
- HYPOXIC REGULATION OF IRON REGULATORY PROTEIN 2 (IRP2)Eric Hanson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The RNA binding iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2), an important post-transcriptional regulator, was recently found to be regulates by hypoxia by a ..
- Iron Metabolism Alterations in Alzheimer's DiseaseWolff Kirsch; Fiscal Year: 2006..A genetically engineered mouse with an iron regulatory protein 2 "knockout" that accumulates abnormal quantities of brain iron and displays a neurodegenerative disorder ..
- NOVEL BIOCHEMICAL ROLES FOR IRON REGULATORY PROTEIN 2ELIZABETH LEIBOLD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mammals have therefore evolved complex regulatory mechanisms devoted to iron homeostasis, where iron regulatory protein 2 (IRP2) serves a critical function...
- Alteration of host iron homeostasis by NeisseriaROBERT BONNAH; Fiscal Year: 2005..The other key host iron homeostasis proteins, ferritin, iron regulatory protein-1 (IRP1) and IRP2 levels and biological activity will also be monitored during the course of GC infection...
- Structure and Function of Iron Regulatory ProteinsKARL W VOLZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..and storage in animal cells is regulated post-transcriptionally by two iron regulatory proteins, IRP1 and IRP2. The IRPs reversibly bind to highly conserved stem-loop structures known as iron responsive elements (IREs) in the ..
- IRON METABOLISM AND PHOSPHORYLATION OF IRPS BY PKCRICHARD EISENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..is modulated through the action of two regulatory RNA binding proteins, iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) and IRP2. IRPs bind to iron responsive elements (IRE) in ferritin (iron storage) and transferrin receptor (TfR) (iron uptake)..
- Optimizing Heme Oxygenase Activity after CNS HemorrhageRaymond Regan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal is to reduce brain injury in tissue surrounding a blood clot, and to thereby improve the likelihood of survival and return to an independent, productive life. ..
- Effect of Inducible Antioxidants on Hemoglobin ToxicityRaymond F Regan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal is to reduce brain injury in tissue surrounding a blood clot, and to thereby improve the likelihood of survival and return to an independent, productive life. ..
- Asthma Candidate Genes in Alpha 1-Antitrypsin DeficiencyDawn DeMeo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The identification of modifying factors of COPD in AAT deficiency may have significant public health relevance to COPD patients without AAT deficiency. ..