Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IPO5
Description: importin 5
Alias: IMB3, KPNB3, Pse1, RANBP5, imp5, importin-5, RAN binding protein 5, Ran_GTP binding protein 5, importin beta-3 subunit, importin subunit beta-3, karyopherin (importin) beta 3, karyopherin beta-3, ran-binding protein 5
- Liu L, Hu Y, Ju G, Zhang X, Xie L, Liu S, et al. Is KPNB3 locus associated with schizophrenia?. Biomed Environ Sci. 2007;20:52-5 pubmedTo reconfirm the association of KPNB3 with schizophrenia in Chinese population...
- Vodicka M, Koepp D, Silver P, Emerman M. HIV-1 Vpr interacts with the nuclear transport pathway to promote macrophage infection. Genes Dev. 1998;12:175-85 pubmed..Our data suggest Vpr functionally resembles importin-beta in nuclear import of the HIV-1 pre-integration complex and this function is essential for the role of Vpr in macrophage infection, but not G2 arrest. ..
- Chou C, Tai L, Kirby R, Lee I, Lin A. Importin ?3 mediates the nuclear import of human ribosomal protein L7 through its interaction with the multifaceted basic clusters of L7. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4151-6 pubmed publisher..We assume that having such a multiple NLS may provide L7 with preferential nuclear uptake. ..
- Bukrinsky M, Haggerty S, Dempsey M, Sharova N, Adzhubel A, Spitz L, et al. A nuclear localization signal within HIV-1 matrix protein that governs infection of non-dividing cells. Nature. 1993;365:666-9 pubmed
- Hutchinson E, Orr O, Man Liu S, Engelhardt O, Fodor E. Characterization of the interaction between the influenza A virus polymerase subunit PB1 and the host nuclear import factor Ran-binding protein 5. J Gen Virol. 2011;92:1859-69 pubmed publisher..form a dimer in the cytoplasm and are transported into the nucleus by the beta-importin Ran-binding protein 5 (RanBP5), with the PB2 subunit imported separately to complete the trimeric complex...
- Gallay P, Hope T, Chin D, Trono D. HIV-1 infection of nondividing cells through the recognition of integrase by the importin/karyopherin pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:9825-30 pubmed..This novel function of integrase reflects the recognition of an atypical bipartite nuclear localization signal by the importin/karyopherin pathway. ..
- Zhan P, Liu X, De Clercq E. Blocking nuclear import of pre-integration complex: an emerging anti-HIV-1 drug discovery paradigm. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:495-503 pubmed
- Da Costa B, Sausset A, Munier S, Ghounaris A, Naffakh N, Le Goffic R, et al. Temperature-Sensitive Mutants in the Influenza A Virus RNA Polymerase: Alterations in the PA Linker Reduce Nuclear Targeting of the PB1-PA Dimer and Result in Viral Attenuation. J Virol. 2015;89:6376-90 pubmed publisher..5Â°C. A protein complementation assay using PA mutants, PB1, and Î²-importin IPO5 tagged with fragments of the Gaussia princeps luciferase showed that increasing the temperature negatively ..
- Sachse S, Lievens S, Ribeiro L, Dascenco D, Masschaele D, Horré K, et al. Nuclear import of the DSCAM-cytoplasmic domain drives signaling capable of inhibiting synapse formation. EMBO J. 2019;38: pubmed publisher..we also found that the intracellular domains (ICDs) of DSCAM and DSCAML1 specifically and directly interact with IPO5, a nuclear import protein of the importin beta family, via a conserved nuclear localization signal...
- Sutherland J, Sobinoff A, Fraser B, Redgrove K, Davidson T, Siddall N, et al. RNA binding protein Musashi-1 directly targets Msi2 and Erh during early testis germ cell development and interacts with IPO5 upon translocation to the nucleus. FASEB J. 2015;29:2759-68 pubmed publisher..We have also provided evidence to suggest that nuclear import protein, IPO5, facilitates the nuclear translocation of MSI1 to the transcriptionally silenced XY chromatin domain in meiotic ..
- King F, Shtivelman E. Inhibition of nuclear import by the proapoptotic protein CC3. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7091-101 pubmed..Significantly, a dominant-negative form of importin beta1 shown previously to inhibit multiple transport pathways induces rapid cell death, strongly indicating that inhibition of nuclear transport serves as a potent apoptotic signal. ..
- Limon A, Devroe E, Lu R, Ghory H, Silver P, Engelman A. Nuclear localization of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 preintegration complexes (PICs): V165A and R166A are pleiotropic integrase mutants primarily defective for integration, not PIC nuclear import. J Virol. 2002;76:10598-607 pubmed
- Matsukura M, Ozaki K, Takahashi A, Onouchi Y, Morizono T, Komai H, et al. Genome-Wide Association Study of Peripheral Arterial Disease in a Japanese Population. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0139262 pubmed publisher..analyses including a total of 3,164 cases and 20,134 controls, we identified 3 novel PAD susceptibility loci at IPO5/RAP2A, EDNRA and HDAC9 with genome wide significance (combined P = 6.8 x 10-14, 5.3 x 10-9 and 8...
- Karolak J, Rydzanicz M, Ginter Matuszewska B, Pitarque J, Molinari A, Bejjani B, et al. Variant c.2262A>C in DOCK9 Leads to Exon Skipping in Keratoconus Family. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:7687-90 pubmed publisher..Previously, we identified heterozygous single base-pair substitutions in DOCK9, IPO5, and STK24, showing concurrent 100% segregation with the affected phenotype in an Ecuadorian family...
- Giovannone A, Winterstein C, Bhattaram P, Reales E, Low S, Baggs J, et al. Soluble syntaxin 3 functions as a transcriptional regulator. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:5478-5491 pubmed publisher..Soluble Stx3S binds to the nuclear import factor RanBP5 (RAN-binding protein 5), targets to the nucleus, and interacts physically and functionally with several ..
- Darshan M, Lucchi J, Harding E, Moroianu J. The l2 minor capsid protein of human papillomavirus type 16 interacts with a network of nuclear import receptors. J Virol. 2004;78:12179-88 pubmed..Together the data suggest that HPV16 L2 interacts via its NLSs with a network of karyopherins and can enter the nucleus via several import pathways mediated by Kapalpha(2)beta(1) heterodimers, Kapbeta(2), and Kapbeta(3). ..
- Efthymiadis A, Briggs L, Jans D. The HIV-1 Tat nuclear localization sequence confers novel nuclear import properties. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:1623-8 pubmed..These unique properties indicate that Tat accumulates in the nucleus through a novel import pathway. ..
- Mihalas B, Western P, Loveland K, McLaughlin E, Holt J. Changing expression and subcellular distribution of karyopherins during murine oogenesis. Reproduction. 2015;150:485-96 pubmed publisher..Of the KPNAs examined (Kpna1, Kpna2, Kpna3, Kpna4, Kpna6, Kpna7, Kpnb1, Ipo5 and Xpo1), all were expressed in the embryonic ovary with up-regulation of protein levels concomitant with meiotic ..
- Song S, Lee J, Kim H, Lee J, Chang J, Lee K. Fas-Associated Factor 1 Negatively Regulates the Antiviral Immune Response by Inhibiting Translocation of Interferon Regulatory Factor 3 to the Nucleus. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:1136-51 pubmed publisher..This study also found that FAF1 and IRF3 physically associate with IPO5/importin-Î²3 and that overexpression of FAF1 reduces the interaction between IRF3 and IPO5/importin-Î²3...
- Baas R, Sijm A, van Teeffelen H, van Es R, Vos H, Marc Timmers H. Quantitative Proteomics of the SMAD (Suppressor of Mothers against Decapentaplegic) Transcription Factor Family Identifies Importin 5 as a Bone Morphogenic Protein Receptor SMAD-specific Importin. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:24121-24132 pubmed..Data are available via ProteomeXchange with identifier PXD004529. The nuclear importin IPO5 was identified as a novel interacting protein of SMAD1...
- Sirchia F, Di Gregorio E, Restagno G, Grosso E, Pappi P, Talarico F, et al. A case of Feingold type 2 syndrome associated with keratoconus refines keratoconus type 7 locus on chromosome 13q. Eur J Med Genet. 2017;60:224-227 pubmed publisher..Among previously suggested candidates, we exclude DOCK9 and STK24, and propose as best candidates IPO5, DNAJC3, MBNL2 and RAP2A...
- Pramanik S, Kutzner A, Heese K. 3D Structure, Dimerization Modeling, and Lead Discovery by Ligand-protein Interaction Analysis of p60 Transcription Regulator Protein (p60TRP). Mol Inform. 2016;35:99-108 pubmed publisher..Interference with p60TRP signaling via CB1954/B73-related molecules might be a novel option for modifying neurodegenerative signaling pathways (e.g. RIN1, PP2A, RanBP5, CREB and SYNJ1) to treat various brain diseases.
- Depienne C, Roques P, Creminon C, Fritsch L, Casseron R, Dormont D, et al. Cellular distribution and karyophilic properties of matrix, integrase, and Vpr proteins from the human and simian immunodeficiency viruses. Exp Cell Res. 2000;260:387-95 pubmed..These results indicate that the viral proteins IN and Vpr, which are strongly associated with the viral DNA within PIC, may participate in the nuclear import of the HIV PIC. ..
- Soniat M, Cagatay T, Chook Y. Recognition Elements in the Histone H3 and H4 Tails for Seven Different Importins. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:21171-21183 pubmed..Biochemical studies of H3 and H4 tails binding to seven Importins, Imp?, Kap?2, Imp4, Imp5, Imp7, Imp9, and Imp?, show the H3 tail binding more tightly than the H4 tail...
- Christophe D, Christophe Hobertus C, Pichon B. Nuclear targeting of proteins: how many different signals?. Cell Signal. 2000;12:337-41 pubmed..It will probably also lead to the identification of novel target sequences for importins and will demonstrate the implication of additional members of this family of proteins in nuclear transport. ..
- Kahle J, Baake M, Doenecke D, Albig W. Subunits of the heterotrimeric transcription factor NF-Y are imported into the nucleus by distinct pathways involving importin beta and importin 13. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5339-54 pubmed..Importin 13 competes with NF-YA for binding to the NF-YB/NF-YC dimer. Our data suggest that a distinct binding platform derived from the HFM of both subunits, NF-YB/NF-YC, mediates those interactions. ..
- Holowaty M, Zeghouf M, Wu H, Tellam J, Athanasopoulos V, Greenblatt J, et al. Protein profiling with Epstein-Barr nuclear antigen-1 reveals an interaction with the herpesvirus-associated ubiquitin-specific protease HAUSP/USP7. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29987-94 pubmed..The results suggest that USP7 can regulate the replication function of EBNA1 and that EBNA1 may influence cellular events by sequestering key regulatory proteins. ..
- Jenkins Y, McEntee M, Weis K, Greene W. Characterization of HIV-1 vpr nuclear import: analysis of signals and pathways. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:875-85 pubmed..Rather, this viral protein appears to directly access the NPC, a property that may help to ensure the capacity of HIV to replicate in nondividing cellular hosts. ..
- Komlodi Pasztor E, Trostel S, Sackett D, Poruchynsky M, Fojo T. Impaired p53 binding to importin: a novel mechanism of cytoplasmic sequestration identified in oxaliplatin-resistant cells. Oncogene. 2009;28:3111-20 pubmed publisher..We also identified impaired association with importin as a novel mechanism of p53 cytoplasmic sequestration that impairs nuclear transport rendering cells functionally deficient in p53. ..
- Bukrinsky M, Sharova N, Dempsey M, Stanwick T, Bukrinskaya A, Haggerty S, et al. Active nuclear import of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 preintegration complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6580-4 pubmed
- Clerman A, Noor Z, Fishelevich R, Lockatell V, Hampton B, Shah N, et al. The full-length interleukin-33 (FLIL33)-importin-5 interaction does not regulate nuclear localization of FLIL33 but controls its intracellular degradation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:21653-21661 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified importin-5 (IPO5), a member of the importin family of nuclear transport proteins, as an intracellular binding partner of FLIL33...
- Liu Y, Sun J, Zhang H, Wang M, Gao G, Li X. Ebola virus encodes a miR-155 analog to regulate importin-?5 expression. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016;73:3733-44 pubmed publisher..We speculate that this microRNA could facilitate the evasion of the host immune system by the virus. Moreover, this microRNA might be a potential clinical therapeutic target or a diagnostic biomarker for Ebola virus. ..
- Arnold M, Nath A, Hauber J, Kehlenbach R. Multiple importins function as nuclear transport receptors for the Rev protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20883-90 pubmed..Besides importin beta, the transport receptors transportin, importin 5, and importin 7 specifically interact with Rev and promote its nuclear import in digitonin-permeabilized cells...
- Christian S, McDonough J, Liu Cy C, Shaikh S, Vlamakis V, Badner J, et al. An evaluation of the assembly of an approximately 15-Mb region on human chromosome 13q32-q33 linked to bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Genomics. 2002;79:635-56 pubmed..Overall, integration of the data from multiple sources is still needed for complete assembly of the 13q32-q33 region. (c) ..
- Chook Y, Blobel G. Karyopherins and nuclear import. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2001;11:703-15 pubmed..These karyopherin structures provide valuable insights into understanding the molecular mechanism of nuclear import, especially substrate recognition, substrate release by GTPase and interactions with the nuclear pore complex. ..
- Pluymers W, Cherepanov P, Schols D, De Clercq E, Debyser Z. Nuclear localization of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase expressed as a fusion protein with green fluorescent protein. Virology. 1999;258:327-32 pubmed..Nuclear localization of GFP-IN was also obtained after transient transfection of the cells arrested in the G1/S phase of the cell cycle. These results provide compelling evidence for the karyophilic properties of the HIV-1 integrase. ..
- Depienne C, Mousnier A, Leh H, Le Rouzic E, Dormont D, Benichou S, et al. Characterization of the nuclear import pathway for HIV-1 integrase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18102-7 pubmed
- Heese K, Yamada T, Akatsu H, Yamamoto T, Kosaka K, Nagai Y, et al. Characterizing the new transcription regulator protein p60TRP. J Cell Biochem. 2004;91:1030-42 pubmed..bHLH) domain-containing member of a new protein family that interacts with the Ran-binding-protein-5 (RanBP5) and the protein-phosphatase-2A (PP2A)...
- Falck J, Coates J, Jackson S. Conserved modes of recruitment of ATM, ATR and DNA-PKcs to sites of DNA damage. Nature. 2005;434:605-11 pubmed
- Jans D, Jans P, Jülich T, Briggs L, Xiao C, Piller S. Intranuclear binding by the HIV-1 regulatory protein VPR is dependent on cytosolic factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:1055-62 pubmed
- Nakamura T, Arai Y, Umehara H, Masuhara M, Kimura T, Taniguchi H, et al. PGC7/Stella protects against DNA demethylation in early embryogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:64-71 pubmed..After determining that PGC7/Stella binds to Ran binding protein 5 (RanBP5; a nuclear transport shuttle protein), mutant versions of the two proteins were used to examine ..
- Petit C, Schwartz O, Mammano F. The karyophilic properties of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase are not required for nuclear import of proviral DNA. J Virol. 2000;74:7119-26 pubmed..Besides reinforcing the association between dimerization of IN and nuclear accumulation of the enzyme, our data demonstrate that subcellular localization of IN alone cannot predict the fate of the PICs. ..
- Leng Y, Cao C, Ren J, Huang L, Chen D, Ito M, et al. Nuclear import of the MUC1-C oncoprotein is mediated by nucleoporin Nup62. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19321-30 pubmed..These findings indicate that the MUC1-C oncoprotein is imported to the nucleus by a pathway involving Nup62. ..
- Goto T, Sato A, Adachi S, Iemura S, Natsume T, Shibuya H. IQGAP1 protein regulates nuclear localization of β-catenin via importin-β5 protein in Wnt signaling. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:36351-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IQGAP1 functions as a regulator of translocation of β-catenin in the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Bukrinsky M, Haffar O. HIV-1 nuclear import: matrix protein is back on center stage, this time together with Vpr. Mol Med. 1998;4:138-43 pubmed
- Bukrinsky M, Haffar O. HIV-1 nuclear import: in search of a leader. Front Biosci. 1997;2:d578-87 pubmed..We also describe a class of novel anti-HIV compounds which target the NLSs of HIV-1 and effectively block viral replication in T cells and macrophages. ..
- Bouyac Bertoia M, Dvorin J, Fouchier R, Jenkins Y, Meyer B, Wu L, et al. HIV-1 infection requires a functional integrase NLS. Mol Cell. 2001;7:1025-35 pubmed
- Castle C, Cassimere E, Denicourt C. LAS1L interacts with the mammalian Rix1 complex to regulate ribosome biogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:716-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data identify a novel mammalian complex required for 60S ribosomal subunit synthesis, providing further insight into the intricate, yet poorly described, process of ribosome biogenesis in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Chao H, Lai Y, Lu Y, Lin C, Mai W, Huang Y. NMDAR signaling facilitates the IPO5-mediated nuclear import of CPEB3. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8484-98 pubmed..Here, we have identified that the karyopherins, IPO5 and CRM1, facilitate CPEB3 translocation by binding to RRM1 and a leucine-containing motif of CPEB3, respectively...
- Bolton D, Barnitz R, Sakai K, Lenardo M. 14-3-3 theta binding to cell cycle regulatory factors is enhanced by HIV-1 Vpr. Biol Direct. 2008;3:17 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal a new facet of Vpr-induced cell cycle arrest involving previously unrecognized abnormal rearrangements of multiprotein assemblies containing key cell cycle regulatory proteins. ..
- Dvorin J, Bell P, Maul G, Yamashita M, Emerman M, Malim M. Reassessment of the roles of integrase and the central DNA flap in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 nuclear import. J Virol. 2002;76:12087-96 pubmed..Thus, neither the cPPT nor the valine residue at position 165 of integrase is essential for the nuclear import of HIV-1 PICs. ..
- Fineberg K, Fineberg T, Graessmann A, Luedtke N, Tor Y, Lixin R, et al. Inhibition of nuclear import mediated by the Rev-arginine rich motif by RNA molecules. Biochemistry. 2003;42:2625-33 pubmed..The implication of our results for the regulation of the nuclear import of Rev as well as for the use of RNA molecules as antiviral drugs is discussed. ..
- Jayappa K, Ao Z, Yao X. The HIV-1 passage from cytoplasm to nucleus: the process involving a complex exchange between the components of HIV-1 and cellular machinery to access nucleus and successful integration. Int J Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;3:70-85 pubmed..Hereby we aim to further our understanding on molecular mechanism of HIV-1 nuclear import and its potential usefulness for anti-HIV-1 strategies. ..
- Hou Z, Li Q, He L, Lim H, Fu X, Cheung N, et al. Microtubule association of the neuronal p35 activator of Cdk5. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18666-70 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that p35 is a microtubule-associated protein that modulates microtubule dynamics. Also, microtubules play an important role in the control of Cdk5 activation. ..
- Wang Z, Liu Y, Wu N, Xu Q, Jin S, Ju G, et al. Genetic and functional study of the IPO5 gene in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2011;187:460-1 pubmed publisherThe present work reported on a weak association of the importin 5 (IPO5) gene with schizophrenia in combined family and case-control samples and also investigated a possible mechanism by which the IPO5 gene may contribute to the ..
- Chung K, Lee J, Kim J, Song O, Cho S, Lim J, et al. Nonstructural protein 5A of hepatitis C virus inhibits the function of karyopherin beta3. J Virol. 2000;74:5233-41 pubmed..of NS5A on the karyopherin beta3 activity was investigated using a yeast cell line containing mutations in both PSE1 and KAP123, genes that are homologous to the human karyopherin beta3 gene...
- Chung K, Cha S, Jang S. A novel function of karyopherin beta3 associated with apolipoprotein A-I secretion. Mol Cells. 2008;26:291-8 pubmedHuman karyopherin beta3, highly homologous to a yeast protein secretion enhancer (PSE1), has often been reported to be associated with a mediator of a nucleocytoplasmic transport pathway...
- Dean K, von Ahsen O, Gorlich D, Fried H. Signal recognition particle protein 19 is imported into the nucleus by importin 8 (RanBP8) and transportin. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3479-85 pubmed..Our results show that at least one mammalian SRP protein is specifically imported into the nucleus, by members of the importin beta family of transport receptors, and the findings add additional evidence for nuclear assembly of SRP. ..
- Bukrinsky M, Haffar O. HIV-1 nuclear import: in search of a leader. Front Biosci. 1999;4:D772-81 pubmed..We also describe a class of novel anti-HIV compounds that target the NLSs of HIV-1 and effectively block viral replication in T cells and macrophages. ..
- Tai L, Chou C, Lee I, Kirby R, Lin A. The quantitative assessment of the role played by basic amino acid clusters in the nuclear uptake of human ribosomal protein L7. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:367-75 pubmed publisher..Such a preferential usage of multiple basic clusters and importins to gain nuclear entry would seem to be a common practice among ribosomal proteins in order to ensure their full participation in high rate ribosome synthesis. ..
- Kang H, Lee Y, Shin J, Andrabi S, Chi Z, Gagné J, et al. Iduna is a poly(ADP-ribose) (PAR)-dependent E3 ubiquitin ligase that regulates DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14103-8 pubmed publisher..These results define Iduna as a PAR-dependent E3 ligase that regulates cell survival and DNA repair. ..
- Henderson B, Percipalle P. Interactions between HIV Rev and nuclear import and export factors: the Rev nuclear localisation signal mediates specific binding to human importin-beta. J Mol Biol. 1997;274:693-707 pubmed..The series of interactions we describe provide a novel pathway for the import of Rev across the nuclear pore complex, and a mechanism for its release into the nucleoplasm. ..
- Jäkel S, Albig W, Kutay U, Bischoff F, Schwamborn K, Doenecke D, et al. The importin beta/importin 7 heterodimer is a functional nuclear import receptor for histone H1. EMBO J. 1999;18:2411-23 pubmed..Its Ran-binding site is essential when operating as an autonomous import receptor, i.e. independently of Impbeta. Within the Impbeta/Imp7 heterodimer, however, Imp7 plays a more passive role than Impbeta and resembles an import adapter. ..
- Aida Y, Matsuda G. Role of Vpr in HIV-1 nuclear import: therapeutic implications. Curr HIV Res. 2009;7:136-43 pubmed
- Krawczyk E, Hanover J, Schlegel R, Suprynowicz F. Karyopherin beta3: a new cellular target for the HPV-16 E5 oncoprotein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:684-8 pubmed publisher..This target is karyopherin beta3, a member of the nuclear import receptor family with critical roles in the nuclear import of ribosomal proteins and in the secretory pathway...
- Truant R, Cullen B. The arginine-rich domains present in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat and Rev function as direct importin beta-dependent nuclear localization signals. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1210-7 pubmed..Together, these studies define a novel class of arginine-rich NLS sequences that are direct targets for Imp beta and that therefore function independently of Imp alpha. ..
- Yaseen N, Blobel G. Cloning and characterization of human karyopherin beta3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:4451-6 pubmed..Furthermore, it interacted with two ribosomal proteins in an overlay assay. We suggest that karyopherin beta3 is a nuclear transport factor that may mediate the import of some ribosomal proteins into the nucleus. ..
- Lipowsky G, Bischoff F, Schwarzmaier P, Kraft R, Kostka S, Hartmann E, et al. Exportin 4: a mediator of a novel nuclear export pathway in higher eukaryotes. EMBO J. 2000;19:4362-71 pubmed..The export signal in eIF-5A appears to be complex and to involve the hypusine modification that is unique to eIF-5A. We discuss possible cellular roles for nuclear export of eIF-5A. ..
- Haffar O, Popov S, Dubrovsky L, Agostini I, Tang H, Pushkarsky T, et al. Two nuclear localization signals in the HIV-1 matrix protein regulate nuclear import of the HIV-1 pre-integration complex. J Mol Biol. 2000;299:359-68 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Vpr does not function as an independent nuclear import factor and demonstrate that HIV-1 MA, by virtue of its two nuclear localization signals, regulates HIV-1 nuclear import. ..