Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: interleukin 5
Description: interleukin 5
Alias: EDF, IL-5, TRF, interleukin-5, B-cell differentiation factor I, T-cell replacing factor, colony-stimulating factor, eosinophil, eosinophil differentiation factor
Products: interleukin 5
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- Azuma C, Tanabe T, Konishi M, Kinashi T, Noma T, Matsuda F, et al. Cloning of cDNA for human T-cell replacing factor (interleukin-5) and comparison with the murine homologue. Nucleic Acids Res. 1986;14:9149-58 pubmed..Human interleukin-5 synthesized by the direction of the cloned cDNA induced immunoglobulin synthesis in human B cells stimulated by Staphylococcus aureus mitogen. ..
- Campbell H, Tucker W, Hort Y, Martinson M, Mayo G, Clutterbuck E, et al. Molecular cloning, nucleotide sequence, and expression of the gene encoding human eosinophil differentiation factor (interleukin 5). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:6629-33 pubmedThe human eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF) gene was cloned from a genomic library in lambda phage EMBL3A by using a murine EDF cDNA clone as a probe. The DNA sequence of a 3...
- Milburn M, Hassell A, Lambert M, Jordan S, Proudfoot A, Graber P, et al. A novel dimer configuration revealed by the crystal structure at 2.4 A resolution of human interleukin-5. Nature. 1993;363:172-6 pubmed..This structure determination extends the family of the cytokine bundle of four helices and emphasizes its fundamental significance and versatility in recognizing its receptor. ..
- Park S, Jangm H, An M, Min J, Jang A, Lee J, et al. Interleukin-13 and interleukin-5 in induced sputum of eosinophilic bronchitis: comparison with asthma. Chest. 2005;128:1921-7 pubmed..015), but the levels between EB patients and healthy control subjects was comparable. The results of the present study indicate that IL-13 is related to AHR in asthmatic patients. ..
- Chua H, Chou H, Tung Y, Chiang B, Liao C, Liu H, et al. Intestinal Dysbiosis Featuring Abundance of Ruminococcus gnavus Associates With Allergic Diseases in Infants. Gastroenterology. 2018;154:154-167 pubmed publisher..Mice fed R gnavus developed airway inflammation, characterized by expansion of T-helper 2 cells in the colon and lung, and infiltration of colon and lung parenchyma by eosinophils and mast cells. ..
- Popp V, Gerlach K, Mott S, Turowska A, Garn H, Atreya R, et al. Rectal Delivery of a DNAzyme That Specifically Blocks the Transcription Factor GATA3 and Reduces Colitis in Mice. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:176-192.e5 pubmed publisher..A DNAzyme that prevents expression of GATA3 reduces colitis in mice, independently of TNF, and reduces levels of cytokines in the colon. This DNAzyme might be developed for treatment of patients with UC. ..
- Han X, Zhang F, Tan X, Liu L, Ma W, Ou Yang H, et al. EPO modified MSCs can inhibit asthmatic airway remodeling in an animal model. J Cell Biochem. 2018;119:1008-1016 pubmed publisher..The concentrations of interleukin 4(IL-4), interleukin 5(IL-5), and interleukin 13(IL-13) in lung homogenate were determined by ELISA...
- Kubo F, Ariestanti D, Oki S, Fukuzawa T, Demizu R, Sato T, et al. Loss of the adhesion G-protein coupled receptor ADGRF5 in mice induces airway inflammation and the expression of CCL2 in lung endothelial cells. Respir Res. 2019;20:11 pubmed publisher..ADGRF5 also has a potential role in the regulation of genes encoding CCL2 in lung ECs, thereby maintaining immune homeostasis. ..
- Wang J, Xin L, Cheng W, Wang Z, Zhang W. [Effect of heat shock factor 1 on airway hyperresponsiveness and airway inflammation in mice with allergic asthma]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2017;19:222-228 pubmed..05). Knockdown of HSF1 aggravates airway hyperresponsiveness and airway inflammation in asthmatic mice, and its possible mechanism may involve the negative regulation of HMGB1 and JNK. ..
- Chang S, Linderholm A, Franzi L, Kenyon N, Grasberger H, Harper R. Dual oxidase regulates neutrophil recruitment in allergic airways. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;65:38-46 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that DUOX-derived H2O2 has an important role in signaling neutrophils into allergic airways. ..
- Micera A, Quaranta L, Esposito G, Floriani I, Pocobelli A, Saccà S, et al. Differential Protein Expression Profiles in Glaucomatous Trabecular Meshwork: An Evaluation Study on a Small Primary Open Angle Glaucoma Population. Adv Ther. 2016;33:252-67 pubmed publisher..This study was partially supported by the Fondazione Roma, the Italian Ministry of Health and the "National 5xMille 2010 tax donation to IRCCS-G.B. Bietti Foundation". ..
- Cloots R, Sankaranarayanan S, Poynter M, Terwindt E, Van Dijk P, Lamers W, et al. Arginase 1 deletion in myeloid cells affects the inflammatory response in allergic asthma, but not lung mechanics, in female mice. BMC Pulm Med. 2017;17:158 pubmed publisher..Complete ablation of Arg1 in the lung affects mRNA abundance of arginine-transporting and -metabolizing genes, and pro-inflammatory genes, but not methacholine responsiveness or accumulation of inflammatory cells. ..
- Edukulla R, Rehn K, Liu B, McAlees J, Hershey G, Wang Y, et al. Intratracheal myriocin enhances allergen-induced Th2 inflammation and airway hyper-responsiveness. Immun Inflamm Dis. 2016;4:248-62 pubmed publisher..Sphingolipid pathways may represent novel targets for possible future anti-inflammatory asthma medications. ..
- Saba E, Lee C, Jeong D, Lee K, Kim T, Roh S, et al. Fermented rice bran prevents atopic dermatitis in DNCB-treated NC/Nga mice. J Biomed Res. 2016;30:334-43 pubmed publisher..g., interleukin-5 and interleukin-13) and cyclooxygenase-2 in AD skin lesions. These results suggest that FRBE could be a valuable herbal remedy for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. ..
- Taylor B, Ness R, Klebanoff M, Zoh R, Bass D, Hougaard D, et al. First and second trimester immune biomarkers in preeclamptic and normotensive women. Pregnancy Hypertens. 2016;6:388-393 pubmed publisher..0288). Elevated first trimester IL1-beta appears to be associated with preterm preeclampsia. However, few associations were observed in the second trimester. Systemic immune markers alone may not be useful for preeclampsia prediction. ..
- Taylor B, Ness R, Klebanoff M, Tang G, Roberts J, Hougaard D, et al. The impact of female fetal sex on preeclampsia and the maternal immune milieu. Pregnancy Hypertens. 2018;12:53-57 pubmed publisher..We identified sexual dimorphism in maternal inflammation. Longitudinal studies are needed to determine if fetal sex impacts the maternal immune milieu across pregnancy. ..
- Pan Z, Zhou Y, Luo X, Ruan Y, Zhou L, Wang Q, et al. Against NF-κB/thymic stromal lymphopoietin signaling pathway, catechin alleviates the inflammation in allergic rhinitis. Int Immunopharmacol. 2018;61:241-248 pubmed publisher..Catechin effectively reduced the inflammation in allergic rhinitis. The underlying mechanism is that catechin inhibited the expression of TSLP in epithelial cells by influencing NF-κB/TSLP pathway. ..
- Pramanik J, Chen X, Kar G, Henriksson J, Gomes T, Park J, et al. Genome-wide analyses reveal the IRE1a-XBP1 pathway promotes T helper cell differentiation by resolving secretory stress and accelerating proliferation. Genome Med. 2018;10:76 pubmed publisher..Our high-quality genome-wide XBP1 ChIP and gene expression data provide a rich resource for investigating XBP1-regulated genes. We provide a browsable online database available at http://data.teichlab.org . ..
- Ye Y, Mo S, Feng W, Ye X, Shu X, Long Y, et al. The ethanol extract of Involcucrum castaneae ameliorated ovalbumin-induced airway inflammation and smooth muscle thickening in guinea pigs. J Ethnopharmacol. 2019;230:9-19 pubmed publisher..IC alleviated airway inflammation and smooth muscle thickening in guinea pigs with OVA-sensitized allergic asthma. The paper explains the traditional efficacy and material basis of IC and lays a foundation for further development. ..
- McNamee E, Biette K, Hammer J, Harris R, Miyazawa H, Lee J, et al. Targeting granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in epithelial and vascular remodeling in experimental eosinophilic esophagitis. Allergy. 2017;72:1232-1242 pubmed publisher..This treatment response was independent of effects on esophageal eosinophil maturation or activation. Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor is a potential therapeutic target to reduce esophageal eosinophilia and remodeling. ..
- Ong C, Kumagai K, Brooks P, Brandenberger C, Lewandowski R, Jackson Humbles D, et al. Ozone-Induced Type 2 Immunity in Nasal Airways. Development and Lymphoid Cell Dependence in Mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2016;54:331-40 pubmed publisher..These results provide a plausible paradigm for the activation of eosinophilic inflammation and type 2 immunity found in the nasal airways of nonatopic individuals subjected to episodic exposures to high ambient ozone. ..
- Nakayama T, Sugimoto N, Okada N, Tsurumoto T, Mitsuyoshi R, Takaishi S, et al. JESREC score and mucosal eosinophilia can predict endotypes of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2019;46:374-383 pubmed publisher..From these results, we concluded that the classification based on JESREC score and mucosal eosinophil count was useful for predicting CRS endotypes. ..
- Waitt C, Banda P, Glennie S, Kampmann B, Squire S, Pirmohamed M, et al. Monocyte unresponsiveness and impaired IL1Î², TNFÎ± and IL7 production are associated with a poor outcome in Malawian adults with pulmonary tuberculosis. BMC Infect Dis. 2015;15:513 pubmed publisher..Future work should explore the role of TLR polymorphisms in immune response and clinical outcome in TB patients. ..
- Fu T, Wang L, Zeng Q, Zhang Y, Sheng B, Han L. Ghrelin Ameliorates Asthma by Inhibiting Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:617-625 pubmed publisher..Ghrelin might prevent endoplasmic reticulum stress activation by stimulating the Akt signaling pathway, which attenuated inflammation and ameliorated asthma in mice. Ghrelin might be a new target for asthma therapy. ..
- Stephenson G, Morris K, O Neil T, Bruce M, Strom A, Bean A. Characterisation of the porcine cytokines which activate the CD131βc common sub-unit, for potential immune-augmentation. Cytokine. 2018;102:131-140 pubmed publisher..These results have demonstrated the effects of each of these rPo cytokines within the hematopoietic processes of the pig and may demonstrate similar outcomes in other mammalian models including human. ..
- Geremia A, Arancibia Cárcamo C. Innate Lymphoid Cells in Intestinal Inflammation. Front Immunol. 2017;8:1296 pubmed publisher..Here, we will review the evidence indicating a role for ILC in the pathogenesis of chronic intestinal inflammation...
- Minamitake Y, Kodama S, Katayama T, Adachi H, Tanaka S, Tsujimoto M. Structure of recombinant human interleukin 5 produced by Chinese hamster ovary cells. J Biochem. 1990;107:292-7 pubmedThe complete peptide map of purified recombinant human interleukin 5 (rhIL-5) was determined to verify its primary structure, glycosylation sites, and disulfide bonding structure...
- Freidin M, Puzyrev V, Ogorodova L, Kobiakova O, Kulmanakova I. [Polymorphism of interleukins and interleukin receptor genes: population distribution and association with atopic bronchial asthma]. Genetika. 2002;38:1710-8 pubmed..005). This is the first evidence of an association between the IL5 gene polymorphism and BA. ..
- Nomura T, Suzuki M, Yokota M, Nakamura Y, Ozeki K, Ito Y, et al. Effect of Japanese cedar-specific sublingual immunotherapy on allergen-specific TH2 cell counts in blood. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2016;117:72-78.e4 pubmed publisher..Although seasonal pollen exposure significantly increased the number of Japanese cedar-specific interleukin 5- and interleukin 4-producing TH cells in the control group (P < ...
- Kelly E, Esnault S, Liu L, Evans M, Johansson M, Mathur S, et al. Mepolizumab Attenuates Airway Eosinophil Numbers, but Not Their Functional Phenotype in Asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This observation may explain why interleukin-5 neutralization reduces but does not completely eradicate asthma exacerbations. Clinical trial registration available at www.clinicaltrials.gov, ID NCT00802438. ..
- Gorska M, Cen O, Liang Q, Stafford S, Alam R. Differential regulation of interleukin 5-stimulated signaling pathways by dynamin. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14429-39 pubmed..Thus, we have identified specific functions for dynamin in the IL-5 signaling pathway and demonstrated its role in receptor endocytosis and termination of the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang G, Rowe J, Kusel M, Bosco A, McKenna K, de Klerk N, et al. Interleukin-10/interleukin-5 responses at birth predict risk for respiratory infections in children with atopic family history. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;179:205-11 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanisms are unknown, but are suspected to involve imbalance(s) in host defense responses against pathogens stemming from functional immaturity of the immune system in this age group...
- Forton J, Rowlands K, Rockett K, Hanchard N, Herbert M, Kwiatkowski D, et al. Genetic association study for RSV bronchiolitis in infancy at the 5q31 cytokine cluster. Thorax. 2009;64:345-52 pubmed publisher..This study, together with previous studies implicating the same locus in atopic sensitisation, suggests that primary RSV bronchiolitis and atopy share a genetic contribution at the IL13-IL4 locus. ..
- Boggu P, Venkateswararao E, Manickam M, Kim Y, Jung S. Discovery of novel 3-(hydroxyalkoxy)-2-alkylchromen-4-one analogs as interleukin-5 inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;139:290-304 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the conformational restrictor (isopropyl, cyclohexyl group) at position 2 is much more favorable for the formation of effective conformer of side chain with hydrogen bonding donor property of these chromen-4-one analogs. ..
- Hwang J, Markkandan K, Kwon M, Seo J, Yoo S, Hwang S, et al. Transcriptome analysis of olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) head kidney infected with moderate and high virulent strains of infectious viral hemorrhagic septicaemia virus (VHSV). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;76:293-304 pubmed publisher..recognition receptors (TLRs & RLRs), Mx, complement proteins, lectins, and cytokines (chemokines, IFN, IRF, IL, TRF) were differentially expressed...
- Scibek J, Evergren E, Zahn S, Canziani G, Van Ryk D, Chaiken I. Biosensor analysis of dynamics of interleukin 5 receptor subunit beta(c) interaction with IL5:IL5R(alpha) complexes. Anal Biochem. 2002;307:258-65 pubmed
- Park S, Kim D, Chang H, Park S, Lee Y, Park J, et al. Association of interleukin-5 and eotaxin with acute exacerbation of asthma. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2003;131:283-90 pubmed..Both IL-5 and eotaxin are associated with acute exacerbation of asthma. IL-5 rather than eotaxin is effectively decreased by the inhibitory effect of steroid in acute exacerbation. ..
- Ma F, Zhang L, Oz H, Mashni M, Westlund K. Dysregulated TNFα promotes cytokine proteome profile increases and bilateral orofacial hypersensitivity. Neuroscience. 2015;300:493-507 pubmed publisher..Data support involvement of both neurogenic and humoral influences in chronic neuropathic pain. ..
- Xu J, Guardado J, Hoffman R, Xu H, Namas R, Vodovotz Y, et al. IL33-mediated ILC2 activation and neutrophil IL5 production in the lung response after severe trauma: A reverse translation study from a human cohort to a mouse trauma model. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002365 pubmed publisher..This IL33-ILC2-IL5-neutrophil axis defines a novel regulatory role for ILC2 in acute lung injury that could be targeted in trauma patients prone to early lung dysfunction. ..
- Ren Y, Li H, Xing X, Guan H, Zhang B, Chen C, et al. Preliminary study on pathogenesis of bronchial asthma in children. Pediatr Res. 2015;77:506-10 pubmed publisher..The levels of TRPV1 gene expression and Th1/Th2 cytokines have a close relationship with asthma onset in children, which provides theoretical evidences for molecular targeted treatment in children with bronchial asthma. ..
- Lebbe C, Becker J, Grob J, Malvehy J, del Marmol V, Pehamberger H, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of Merkel Cell Carcinoma. European consensus-based interdisciplinary guideline. Eur J Cancer. 2015;51:2396-403 pubmed publisher..A collaborative group of multidisciplinary experts form the European Dermatology Forum (EDF), The European Association of Dermato-Oncology (EADO) and the European Organization of Research and Treatment of ..
- Pine S, Mechanic L, Enewold L, Bowman E, Ryan B, Cote M, et al. Differential Serum Cytokine Levels and Risk of Lung Cancer Between African and European Americans. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:488-97 pubmed publisher..Future work examining risk prediction models of lung cancer can measure circulating cytokines to accurately characterize risk within racial groups. ..
- Liu M, Dong J, Lin Z, Niu Y, Zhang X, Jiang H, et al. Rapid screening of transferrin-binders in the flowers of Bauhinia blakeana Dunn by on-line high-performance liquid chromatography-diode-array detector-electrospray ionization-ion-trap-time-of-flight-mass spectrometry-transferrin-fluorescence detectio. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1450:17-28 pubmed publisherTransferrin (Transferrin, TRF, TF) has drawn increasing attention in cancer therapy due to its potential applications in drug delivery...
- Wang D, Zhu L, Pu Y, Wang J, Chen J, Dai L. Transferrin-coated magnetic upconversion nanoparticles for efficient photodynamic therapy with near-infrared irradiation and luminescence bioimaging. Nanoscale. 2017;9:11214-11221 pubmed publisher..A multifunctional nanoplatform was then developed by coating UCNPs with biocompatible transferrin (TRF) for magnetically-assisted and near-infrared light induced photodynamic therapy and bioimaging...
- Li H, Han D, Zhou B, Liu Z. [Relationship between GATA-3 and IL-4 and IL-5 in patients with allergic rhinitis]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi. 2004;39:479-82 pubmed..4) pg/mg, (77.5 +/- 29.4) pg/mg, respectively. The expressions of GATA-3 and IL-4, IL-5 had positive relationship (r = 0.45 and 0.62, P < 0.05). GATA-3 contributed to the production of IL-4, IL-5 in patients with allergic rhinitis. ..
- Lundgren J, Lehman R. Bacterial gut symbionts contribute to seed digestion in an omnivorous beetle. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10831 pubmed publisher..Using 16S rRNA gene clone libraries and terminal restriction fragment (tRF) length polymorphism analyses of these genes, we examined the bacterial communities within the guts of ..
- Claborn K, Miller M, Meier E, Carbone S. Development of a Conceptual Etiological Model of Treatment Regimen Fatigue Among Patients Engaged in HIV Care: A Qualitative Study. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2017;28:479-490 pubmed publisherTreatment regimen fatigue (TRF) is a decreased desire and motivation to maintain vigilance in adhering to treatment, and little is known about TRF in people living with HIV. We aimed to develop a conceptual framework of TRF...
- Ahmed N, Ghatak S, El Masry M, Gnyawali S, Roy S, Amer M, et al. Epidermal E-Cadherin Dependent β-Catenin Pathway Is Phytochemical Inducible and Accelerates Anagen Hair Cycling. Mol Ther. 2017;25:2502-2512 pubmed publisher..In this work, a phytochemical rich in the natural vitamin E tocotrienol (TRF) served as a productive tool to unveil a novel epidermal pathway of hair follicular regeneration...
- Lan Q, Zheng T, Rothman N, Zhang Y, Wang S, Shen M, et al. Cytokine polymorphisms in the Th1/Th2 pathway and susceptibility to non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Blood. 2006;107:4101-8 pubmed..84; 95% CI = 1.79-8.22; P < .001). Further, the IL10 and IL4 SNP associations remained significant after adjusting for multiple comparisons. These results suggest that SNPs in Th2 cytokine genes may be associated with risk of NHL. ..
- Maggi L, Montaini G, Mazzoni A, Rossettini B, Capone M, Rossi M, et al. Human circulating group 2 innate lymphoid cells can express CD154 and promote IgE production. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;139:964-976.e4 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence that human ILC2s can express CD154 and stimulate the production of IgE by B lymphocytes through IL-25/IL-33 stimulation or TLR triggering. ..
- Satoh M, Nasu T, Takahashi Y, Osaki T, Hitomi S, Morino Y, et al. Expression of miR-23a induces telomere shortening and is associated with poor clinical outcomes in patients with coronary artery disease. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:2007-2017 pubmed publisherTelomeric repeat binding factor (TRF) 2 (TRF2) plays an important role in telomere maintenance. miR-23a may directly inhibit TRF2 expression, thereby, inducing telomere shortening and cellular senescence...
- Tran G, Wilcox P, Dent L, Robinson C, Carter N, Verma N, et al. Interleukin-5 Mediates Parasite-Induced Protection against Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis: Association with Induction of Antigen-Specific CD4+CD25+ T Regulatory Cells. Front Immunol. 2017;8:1453 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that, in parasite infections, IL-5 also promotes expansion of antigen-specific T regulatory cells that control autoimmunity...
- Wilson K, Wesgate S, Pier J, Weis E, Love T, Evans K, et al. Secondhand smoke exposure and serum cytokine levels in healthy children. Cytokine. 2012;60:34-7 pubmed publisher..Further research to describe the acute and chronic effects of SHS on the immune systems of children is needed. ..
- Mattson M, Longo V, Harvie M. Impact of intermittent fasting on health and disease processes. Ageing Res Rev. 2017;39:46-58 pubmed publisher..g., a 5day diet providing 750-1100kcal) and time-restricted feeding (TRF; limiting the daily period of food intake to 8h or less) in normal and overweight human subjects have demonstrated ..
- Ramakrishnan S, Mustare V, Philip M, Thennarasu K, Periyavan S. Treatment-related Fluctuations in Guillain Barre Syndrome and the Conundrum of Additional Cycles of Plasmapheresis. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2017;20:372-377 pubmed publisherIn Guillain Barre syndrome (GBS), worsening of weakness or disability after initial period of recovery or stabilization is described as treatment-related fluctuations (TRF).
- Krishnaraj C, Harper S, Yun S. In Vivo toxicological assessment of biologically synthesized silver nanoparticles in adult Zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2016;301:480-91 pubmed publisher..effects the mRNA expression of stress related (MTF-1, HSP70) and immune response related (TLR4, NFKB, IL1B, CEBP, TRF, TLR22) genes were analyzed in liver tissues and the results clearly concluded that the plant extract mediated ..
- Paton D. Reslizumab: Maintenance treatment for eosinophilic asthma inadequately controlled on corticosteroids. Drugs Today (Barc). 2016;52:323-9 pubmed publisher..Because a very small percentage of patients receiving reslizumab may experience anaphylaxis, reslizumab must be only given in a facility with adequate facilities and by a health professional trained in the management of anaphylaxis. ..
- Zill S, Neff D, Chaudhry S, Exter A, Schmitz J, Buschges A. Effects of force detecting sense organs on muscle synergies are correlated with their response properties. Arthropod Struct Dev. 2017;46:564-578 pubmed publisher..The cockroach trochantero-femoral (TrF) joint is mobile and the joint membrane acts as an elastic antagonist to the reductor muscle...
- Zhang Y, Liu L, Liu J. [The role of protein kinase C and activator protein-1 signal cascade in the regulation of expression of interleukin-5 in T lymphocyte of allergic rhinitis]. Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2007;21:71-4 pubmed..This suggests the activation of PKC/AP-1 signal transduction cascade of T lymphocytes may play an important role in the pathogenesis of allergic rhinitis. ..
- Kumar S, Kolodkin Gal I, Vesper O, Alam N, Schueler Furman O, Moll I, et al. Escherichia coli Quorum-Sensing EDF, A Peptide Generated by Novel Multiple Distinct Mechanisms and Regulated by trans-Translation. MBio. 2016;7:e02034-15 pubmed publisher..toxin-antitoxin module mediating cell death and requiring a quorum-sensing (QS) extracellular death factor (EDF), the pentapeptide NNWNN...
- Bottero D, Zurita M, Gaillard M, Bartel E, Vercellini C, Hozbor D. Membrane Vesicles Derived from Bordetella bronchiseptica: Active Constituent of a New Vaccine against Infections Caused by This Pathogen. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2018;84: pubmed publisher..Stimulation of cultured splenocytes from immunized mice with OMVBbvir+ resulted in interleukin 5 (IL-5), gamma interferon (IFN-γ), and IL-17 production, indicating that the vesicles induced mixed Th2, Th1, ..
- Pandey A, Sharma A, Krishnamurthy P. 16??Gbps random bit generation using chaos in near-symmetric erbium-doped fiber ring laser. Appl Opt. 2017;56:9526-9530 pubmed publisherWe demonstrate a bias-free random bit generator at 16 Gbps using chaos in a near-symmetric erbium-doped fiber (EDF) ring laser. The laser consists of two EDFs, each pumped at 980 nm, two intracavity filters of central wavelength 1549...
- Petersen I, Bates J, Dodge K, Lansford J, Pettit G. Identifying an efficient set of items sensitive to clinical-range externalizing problems in children. Psychol Assess. 2016;28:598-612 pubmed publisher..of the Achenbach Externalizing scale from the Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL; 33 items) and Teacher's Report Form (TRF; 35 items) that were sensitive to clinical-range scores...
- Dean J, Zhang R, Hallani R, Pensack R, Sanders S, Oblinsky D, et al. Photophysical characterization and time-resolved spectroscopy of a anthradithiophene dimer: exploring the role of conformation in singlet fission. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2017;19:23162-23175 pubmed publisher..fluorescence spectroscopy, and their photo-initiated dynamics were investigated with time-resolved fluorescence (TRF) and transient absorption (TA) spectroscopy...
- Gu S, Lee H, Lee T, Song Y, Kim Y, Han K, et al. A synthetic cannabinoid JWH-210 reduces lymphoid organ weights and T-cell activator levels in mice via CB2 receptors. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2017;390:1201-1209 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that JWH-210 has a cytotoxicity via CB2 receptor action and results in decrement of lymphoid organ weights, T-cell activator, and cytokine mRNA expression levels. ..
- Soares A, Fernandes N, Reverendo M, AraÃºjo H, Oliveira J, Moura G, et al. Conserved and highly expressed tRNA derived fragments in zebrafish. BMC Mol Biol. 2015;16:22 pubmed publisher..We further show that a highly expressed tRF (5'tRF-Pro(CGG)) is cleaved in vitro by Dicer and has silencing ability, indicating that it can enter the RNAi ..
- Deeks E, Brusselle G. Reslizumab in Eosinophilic Asthma: A Review. Drugs. 2017;77:777-784 pubmed publisher..Thus, intravenous reslizumab extends the valuable add-on treatment options for adults with severe eosinophilic asthma inadequately controlled with standard therapies. ..
- Wang Z, Wang Y, Yang J, Hu K, An B, Deng X, et al. Reliable Selection and Holistic Stability Evaluation of Reference Genes for Rice Under 22 Different Experimental Conditions. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2016;179:753-75 pubmed publisher..isomerase (TI), profilin-2 (Profilin-2), ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 (UBC), endothelial differentiation factor (Edf), and ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF) were stable in most of our experimental conditions...
- Maro D, Vermorel F, Rozet M, Aulagnier C, Hebert D, Le Dizès S, et al. The VATO project: An original methodology to study the transfer of tritium as HT and HTO in grassland ecosystem. J Environ Radioact. 2017;167:235-248 pubmed publisher..The VATO project was set up by IRSN (Institut de Radioprotection et de Sûreté Nucléaire) and EDF (Electricité de France) to reduce the uncertainties in the knowledge about transfers of 3H from an ..
- Kobayashi H, Gleich G, Butterfield J, Kita H. Human eosinophils produce neurotrophins and secrete nerve growth factor on immunologic stimuli. Blood. 2002;99:2214-20 pubmed..Notably, supernatants of eosinophils stimulated with IgA immune complex and interleukin 5 promote neurite extension of the PC-12 pheochromocytoma cell line; this effect is abolished by pretreatment of ..
- Chong L, Aicheler R, Llewellyn Lacey S, Tomasec P, Brennan P, Wang E. Proliferation and interleukin 5 production by CD8hi CD57+ T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:995-1000 pubmed publisher..by a distinct cytokine profile late after activation that includes the unexpected release of high levels of interleukin 5. These data indicate that CD8hi CD57+ T cells should not be considered as "end-stage" effector T ..
- Hoffjan S, Ostrovnaja I, Nicolae D, Newman D, Nicolae R, Gangnon R, et al. Genetic variation in immunoregulatory pathways and atopic phenotypes in infancy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;113:511-8 pubmed..These data suggest that variations in genes involved in immune regulation are associated with biologic and clinical phenotypes in the first year of life that might increase the risk for the subsequent development of childhood asthma. ..
- Engel S, Olshan A, Savitz D, Thorp J, Erichsen H, Chanock S. Risk of small-for-gestational age is associated with common anti-inflammatory cytokine polymorphisms. Epidemiology. 2005;16:478-86 pubmed..Variants related to decreased anti-inflammatory cytokine production may lower risk of SGA. Furthermore, the same mechanism that protects against SGA might increase risk of spontaneous preterm birth. ..
- Han S, Lu J, Zhang Y, Cheng C, Han L, Wang X, et al. Recruitment of histone deacetylase 4 by transcription factors represses interleukin-5 transcription. Biochem J. 2006;400:439-48 pubmed..These data contribute to understanding the molecular mechanisms of IL-5 regulation, which is crucial to the development of new therapeutic strategies for IL-5-related allergic diseases. ..
- Molfino N, Gossage D, Kolbeck R, Parker J, Geba G. Molecular and clinical rationale for therapeutic targeting of interleukin-5 and its receptor. Clin Exp Allergy. 2012;42:712-37 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the structural interactions between IL-5 and IL-5R and the functional consequences of such interactions, and describes the pre-clinical and clinical evidence supporting IL-5R as a therapeutic target...
- El Wakkad A, Hassan N, Sibaii H, El Zayat S. Proinflammatory, anti-inflammatory cytokines and adiponkines in students with central obesity. Cytokine. 2013;61:682-7 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to explore the positive correlation we found between central obesity and the anti-inflammatory cytokines IL-4 and IL-5 known to be associated with bronchial asthma. ..
- Lee E, Lee S, Kim S, Cho S, Choi Y, Kim W, et al. Interleukin-5 enhances the migration and invasion of bladder cancer cells via ERK1/2-mediated MMP-9/NF-?B/AP-1 pathway: involvement of the p21WAF1 expression. Cell Signal. 2013;25:2025-38 pubmed publisher..These unexpected results provide a theoretical basis for the therapeutic targeting of IL-5 in bladder cancer. ..
- Kane S, Shah S, Erler A, Alfaro T. Sample processing approach for detection of ricin in surface samples. J Immunol Methods. 2017;451:54-60 pubmed publisher..sample material, wetting buffer), including reference dust, were tested using a Time-Resolved Fluorescence (TRF) immunoassay...
- Gant T, Sauer U, Zhang S, Chorley B, Hackermüller J, Perdichizzi S, et al. A generic Transcriptomics Reporting Framework (TRF) for 'omics data processing and analysis. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;91 Suppl 1:S36-S45 pubmed publisherA generic Transcriptomics Reporting Framework (TRF) is presented that lists parameters that should be reported in 'omics studies used in a regulatory context...
- Phillips C, Coward W, Pritchard D, Hewitt C. Basophils express a type 2 cytokine profile on exposure to proteases from helminths and house dust mites. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;73:165-71 pubmed..We speculate that this innate mechanism may contribute to the development of a cytokine milieu that could promote immunoglobulin E synthesis, eosinophil recruitment, and the development of type 2 T cells. ..
- Murata K, Sugie K, Takamure M, Fujimoto T, Ueno S. Eosinophilic major basic protein and interleukin-5 in eosinophilic myositis. Eur J Neurol. 2003;10:35-8 pubmed..These results suggest that IL-5 induces local accumulation of eosinophils and their release of MBP. The secreted proteins adhere to the muscle fiber membrane, resulting in muscle damage. ..
- Yamamoto N, Sugiura H, Tanaka K, Uehara M. Heterogeneity of interleukin 5 genetic background in atopic dermatitis patients: significant difference between those with blood eosinophilia and normal eosinophil levels. J Dermatol Sci. 2003;33:121-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the IL5 gene may play a role in blood eosinophilia associated with atopic dermatitis. We also considered that the IL5 -703C/T gene polymorphism does not have a direct relationship to disease specificity. ..
- Ishino T, Urbina C, Bhattacharya M, Panarello D, Chaiken I. Receptor epitope usage by an interleukin-5 mimetic peptide. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22951-61 pubmed..The fact that AF17121 mimics the receptor binding capability of IL5 but antagonizes biological function evokes several models for how IL5 induces activation of the multisubunit receptor system. ..
- Liu J, Liao H, Zhang Y, Liu L. [Regulation of the expression of interleukin-4 and interleukin-5 by the signal pathway of PKC-NF-kappaB in T lymphocyte of allergic rhinitis]. Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi. 2006;20:197-200 pubmed
- Kabesch M, Depner M, Dahmen I, Weiland S, Vogelberg C, Niggemann B, et al. Polymorphisms in eosinophil pathway genes, asthma and atopy. Allergy. 2007;62:423-8 pubmed..No significant associations were found with all other tested polymorphisms in the eosinophil regulation pathway after correction for multiple testing. ..
- Namkung J, Lee J, Kim E, Cho H, Kim S, Shin E, et al. IL-5 and IL-5 receptor alpha polymorphisms are associated with atopic dermatitis in Koreans. Allergy. 2007;62:934-42 pubmed..The association of the rs6771148SNP and the haplotype T-C-T in the IL5RA gene with the blood eosinophil counts and the serum ECP levels indicates that the IL5RA gene has a role for controlling eosinophils in the peripheral blood. ..
- Del Vecchio G, Martire B, Lassandro G, Cecinati V, De Mattia D, Ciccarelli M, et al. Reduced interleukin-5 production by peripheral CD4+ T cells in common variable immunodeficiency patients. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2008;30:679-86 pubmed..05). In conclusion, the reduction of IL-5, involved in the late regulation of B cell differentiation into Ig-secreting plasma cells, may contribute to the defective antibody production in CVI patients. ..
- Sheikh A, Nagai A, Wakabayashi K, Narantuya D, Kobayashi S, Yamaguchi S, et al. Mesenchymal stem cell transplantation modulates neuroinflammation in focal cerebral ischemia: contribution of fractalkine and IL-5. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;41:717-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that MSC transplantation suppresses MCAO focal ischemia-induced inflammation, possibly through expression of fractalkine and IL-5. ..