Genomes and Genes
interleukin 23 receptor
Gene Symbol: interleukin 23 receptor
Description: interleukin 23 receptor
Alias: interleukin-23 receptor, IL-23 receptor
Products: interleukin 23 receptor
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Liu Y, Helms C, Liao W, Zaba L, Duan S, Gardner J, et al. A genome-wide association study of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis identifies new disease loci. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000041 pubmed publisher..We replicated the previously reported association with interleukin 23 receptor and interleukin 12B (IL12B) polymorphisms in PS and PSA cohorts (IL23R: rs11209026, U.S. PS, P = 1...
- Orozco G, Rueda B, Robledo G, Garcia A, Martin J. Investigation of the IL23R gene in a Spanish rheumatoid arthritis cohort. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:681-4 pubmed..We conclude that the IL23R gene does not seem to be associated with RA predisposition in a Spanish population. ..
- Kan S, Mancini G, Gallagher G. Identification and characterization of multiple splice forms of the human interleukin-23 receptor alpha chain in mitogen-activated leukocytes. Genes Immun. 2008;9:631-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, identification of potentially functional splice variants of IL23R underscores the biological diversity of the IL23R gene and will aid in the understanding of the gene's function in normal and pathological conditions. ..
- Kim H, Choi D, Lim L, Allada G, Smith J, Austin C, et al. Association of interleukin 23 receptor gene with sarcoidosis. Dis Markers. 2011;31:17-24 pubmed publisherb>Interleukin 23 receptor (IL23R) gene has been reported as a genetic factor strongly associated with inflammatory bowel disease, psoriasis, and ankylosing spondylitis...
- Fisher S, Tremelling M, Anderson C, Gwilliam R, Bumpstead S, Prescott N, et al. Genetic determinants of ulcerative colitis include the ECM1 locus and five loci implicated in Crohn's disease. Nat Genet. 2008;40:710-2 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first detailed illustration of the genetic relationship between these common inflammatory bowel diseases. ..
- Zheng J, Jiang L, Zhang L, Yang L, Deng J, You Y, et al. Functional genetic variations in the IL-23 receptor gene are associated with risk of breast, lung and nasopharyngeal cancer in Chinese populations. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:2409-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the IL-23R rs10889677A>C polymorphism may influence T-cell proliferation, resulting in changes in the levels of Tregs in vivo and modifying cancer susceptibility. ..
- McGovern D, Rotter J, Mei L, Haritunians T, Landers C, Derkowski C, et al. Genetic epistasis of IL23/IL17 pathway genes in Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2009;15:883-9 pubmed publisher..Inflamm Bowel Dis 2009). ..
- Weersma R, Zhernakova A, Nolte I, Lefebvre C, Rioux J, Mulder F, et al. ATG16L1 and IL23R are associated with inflammatory bowel diseases but not with celiac disease in the Netherlands. Am J Gastroenterol. 2008;103:621-7 pubmed..We confirmed the association of IL23R and ATG16L1 with CD susceptibility and also the association of IL23R with UC. We found IL23R and ATG16L1 were not associated with celiac disease susceptibility. ..
- Silverberg M, Cho J, Rioux J, McGovern D, Wu J, Annese V, et al. Ulcerative colitis-risk loci on chromosomes 1p36 and 12q15 found by genome-wide association study. Nat Genet. 2009;41:216-20 pubmed publisher..0 x 10(-16), combined OR = 0.66) and at the IL23R locus on chromosome 1p31 (rs11209026, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 0.56; rs10889677, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 1.29). ..
- Kim S, Kim E, Moon C, Park J, Kim T, Kim W, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of IL-23R and IL-17A and novel insights into their associations with inflammatory bowel disease. Gut. 2011;60:1527-36 pubmed publisher..The results provide insights into the genetic and epigenetic interactions in the IL-23R/IL-17 axis that are associated with elevated expression of IL-17 and IBD pathogenesis. ..
- Buning C, Schmidt H, Molnar T, de Jong D, Fiedler T, Buhner S, et al. Heterozygosity for IL23R p.Arg381Gln confers a protective effect not only against Crohn's disease but also ulcerative colitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007;26:1025-33 pubmed..Arg381Gln and CARD15 variants or any significant associations between p.Arg381Gln genotype and subphenotypes. The p.Arg381Gln IL23R variant confers a protective effect against both CD and UC, but does not determine disease phenotype. ..
- Smith R, Warren R, Eyre S, Ho P, Ke X, Young H, et al. Polymorphisms in the IL-12beta and IL-23R genes are associated with psoriasis of early onset in a UK cohort. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1325-7 pubmed
- Nair R, Ruether A, Stuart P, Jenisch S, Tejasvi T, Hiremagalore R, et al. Polymorphisms of the IL12B and IL23R genes are associated with psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1653-61 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm associations between IL12B and IL23R and psoriasis in Caucasians, and provide a genetic basis for the clinical association between psoriasis and Crohn's disease. ..
- Nair R, Duffin K, Helms C, Ding J, Stuart P, Goldgar D, et al. Genome-wide scan reveals association of psoriasis with IL-23 and NF-kappaB pathways. Nat Genet. 2009;41:199-204 pubmed publisher..Our results expand the catalog of genetic loci implicated in psoriasis susceptibility and suggest priority targets for study in other auto-immune disorders. ..
- Li Z, Wu F, Brant S, Kwon J. IL-23 receptor regulation by Let-7f in human CD4+ memory T cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:6182-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel mechanism in regulating the IL-23/IL-23R pathway and subsequent downstream IL-17 production, which may provide novel therapeutics for human inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. ..
- Tremelling M, Cummings F, Fisher S, Mansfield J, Gwilliam R, Keniry A, et al. IL23R variation determines susceptibility but not disease phenotype in inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:1657-64 pubmed..This extends the findings of the North American study, providing clear evidence that genome-wide association scanning can successfully identify true complex disease genes. ..
- Schmechel S, Konrad A, Diegelmann J, Glas J, Wetzke M, Paschos E, et al. Linking genetic susceptibility to Crohn's disease with Th17 cell function: IL-22 serum levels are increased in Crohn's disease and correlate with disease activity and IL23R genotype status. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:204-12 pubmed..IL23R genotypes influence IL-22 serum expression, linking genetic CD susceptibility to Th17 cell function for the first time. ..
- Weersma R, Stokkers P, van Bodegraven A, Van Hogezand R, Verspaget H, de Jong D, et al. Molecular prediction of disease risk and severity in a large Dutch Crohn's disease cohort. Gut. 2009;58:388-95 pubmed publisher..the Drosophila discs large homologue 5 and autophagy-related 16-like 1 genes (DLG5 and ATG16L1) and the interleukin 23 receptor gene (IL23R)...
- Chu H, Cao W, Chen W, Pan S, Xiao Y, Liu Y, et al. Potentially functional polymorphisms in IL-23 receptor and risk of esophageal cancer in a Chinese population. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:1093-7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that genetic variants in IL-23R may contribute to esophageal cancer risk in our Chinese population. ..
- Oliver J, Rueda B, Lopez Nevot M, Gómez Garcia M, Martin J. Replication of an association between IL23R gene polymorphism with inflammatory bowel disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;5:977-81, 981.e1-2 pubmedRecently, the interleukin 23 receptor (IL23R) gene encoding a subunit of the receptor of the inflammatory cytokine IL-23 has been identified as a novel genetic factor strongly associated with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- Marquez A, Mendoza J, Taxonera C, Diaz Rubio M, De la Concha E, Urcelay E, et al. IL23R and IL12B polymorphisms in Spanish IBD patients: no evidence of interaction. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:1192-6 pubmed publisher..No interaction was observed between any of the polymorphisms studied at IL12B and IL23R. Our study confirms the association of IL23R and IL12B with IBD in the Spanish population, but no interaction between either loci could be detected. ..
- Taylor K, Targan S, Mei L, Ippoliti A, McGovern D, Mengesha E, et al. IL23R haplotypes provide a large population attributable risk for Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:1185-91 pubmed publisher..Multiple studies have now established the contribution of the interleukin 23 receptor gene (IL23R) to Crohn's disease (CD) risk in general and of the IL23R R381Q variant in particular...
- Wang L, Liu W, Jiang W, Lin J, Jiang Y, Li B, et al. A miRNA binding site single-nucleotide polymorphism in the 3'-UTR region of the IL23R gene is associated with breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49823 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a miRNA binding site SNP in the 3'-UTR region of the IL23R gene may be associated with the risk of breast cancer and contribute to the early development of breast cancer in Chinese women. ..
- Pirhonen J, Matikainen S, Julkunen I. Regulation of virus-induced IL-12 and IL-23 expression in human macrophages. J Immunol. 2002;169:5673-8 pubmed..IFN-gamma, in contrast, up-regulates the p19 and p40 mRNA expression in Sendai virus infection. Thus, IL-4 and IFN-gamma serve as opposing factors in the regulation of IFN-gamma-inducing cytokines, including IL-23, in macrophages. ..
- Raelson J, Little R, Ruether A, Fournier H, Paquin B, Van Eerdewegh P, et al. Genome-wide association study for Crohn's disease in the Quebec Founder Population identifies multiple validated disease loci. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14747-52 pubmed..Together with previously published loci, the spectrum of CD genes identified to date involves biochemical networks that affect epithelial defense mechanisms, innate and adaptive immune response, and the repair or remodeling of tissue. ..
- Burton P, Clayton D, Cardon L, Craddock N, Deloukas P, Duncanson A, et al. Association scan of 14,500 nonsynonymous SNPs in four diseases identifies autoimmunity variants. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1329-37 pubmed
- Zhou H, Jiang Z, Yang P, Hou S, Li F, Shu Q, et al. Polymorphisms of IL23R and Fuchs' syndrome in a Chinese Han population. Mol Vis. 2010;16:2585-9 pubmed..Our results suggested that the rs11209032 AA genotype of the IL23R gene may predispose for Fuchs' syndrome in Chinese patients. ..
- Sarin R, Wu X, Abraham C. Inflammatory disease protective R381Q IL23 receptor polymorphism results in decreased primary CD4+ and CD8+ human T-cell functional responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9560-5 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the R381Q IL23R variant leads to selective, potentially desirable, loss of function alterations in primary human CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, resulting in highly significant protection against autoimmunity. ..
- Lin Z, Poritz L, Franke A, Li T, Ruether A, Byrnes K, et al. Genetic association of nonsynonymous variants of the IL23R with familial and sporadic inflammatory bowel disease in women. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:739-46 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of the distribution of IL23R variants revealed that these effects were largely female-specific. The results suggest that IL23R R381Q confers protection against CD and that L310P confers protection against UC in females. ..
- Van Limbergen J, Russell R, Nimmo E, Drummond H, Smith L, Davies G, et al. IL23R Arg381Gln is associated with childhood onset inflammatory bowel disease in Scotland. Gut. 2007;56:1173-4 pubmed
- Capon F, Di Meglio P, Szaub J, Prescott N, Dunster C, Baumber L, et al. Sequence variants in the genes for the interleukin-23 receptor (IL23R) and its ligand (IL12B) confer protection against psoriasis. Hum Genet. 2007;122:201-6 pubmed..Here, we report a genetic analysis of the interleukin 23 receptor gene (IL23R), which was recently identified as a susceptibility determinant for Crohn's disease...
- Seiderer J, Elben I, Diegelmann J, Glas J, Stallhofer J, Tillack C, et al. Role of the novel Th17 cytokine IL-17F in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): upregulated colonic IL-17F expression in active Crohn's disease and analysis of the IL17F p.His161Arg polymorphism in IBD. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:437-45 pubmed..Intestinal IL17F gene expression is increased in active CD. The IL17F p.His161Arg polymorphism is not associated with IBD susceptibility and has no epistatic interaction with CD-associated IL23R variants. ..
- Carvalho A, Cunha C, Di Ianni M, Pitzurra L, Aloisi T, Falzetti F, et al. Prognostic significance of genetic variants in the IL-23/Th17 pathway for the outcome of T cell-depleted allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2010;45:1645-52 pubmed publisher..Although validation studies are ultimately required, our results would suggest the potential usefulness of IL-23/Th17 genotyping in donor selection and patient evaluation. ..
- Yu R, Gallagher G. A naturally occurring, soluble antagonist of human IL-23 inhibits the development and in vitro function of human Th17 cells. J Immunol. 2010;185:7302-8 pubmed publisher..9 does not bind IL-12; thus, it is a specific inhibitor of IL-23 and a modulator of Th17 cells. Our results indicate that this soluble form of HuIL23R? likely functions to regulate Th17 activity. ..
- Oppmann B, Lesley R, Blom B, Timans J, Xu Y, Hunte B, et al. Novel p19 protein engages IL-12p40 to form a cytokine, IL-23, with biological activities similar as well as distinct from IL-12. Immunity. 2000;13:715-25 pubmed..Similar to IL-12, human IL-23 stimulates IFN-gamma production and proliferation in PHA blast T cells, as well as in CD45RO (memory) T cells. ..
- Parham C, Chirica M, Timans J, Vaisberg E, Travis M, Cheung J, et al. A receptor for the heterodimeric cytokine IL-23 is composed of IL-12Rbeta1 and a novel cytokine receptor subunit, IL-23R. J Immunol. 2002;168:5699-708 pubmed..The ability of cells to respond to IL-23 or IL-12 correlates with expression of IL-23R or IL-12Rbeta2, respectively. The human IL-23R gene is on human chromosome 1 within 150 kb of IL-12Rbeta2. ..
- Glas J, Konrad A, Schmechel S, Dambacher J, Seiderer J, Schroff F, et al. The ATG16L1 gene variants rs2241879 and rs2241880 (T300A) are strongly associated with susceptibility to Crohn's disease in the German population. Am J Gastroenterol. 2008;103:682-91 pubmed..ATG16L1 is a CD susceptibility gene without epistatic interaction with other CD susceptibility genes and is not upregulated in intestinal inflammation. ..
- Huffmeier U, Lascorz J, Böhm B, Lohmann J, Wendler J, Mossner R, et al. Genetic variants of the IL-23R pathway: association with psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis vulgaris, but no specific risk factor for arthritis. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:355-8 pubmed publisher..However, our results indicate that these variants are not specific risk factors for arthritis, but relevant for susceptibility to psoriasis in general. ..
- Karaderi T, Harvey D, Farrar C, Appleton L, Stone M, Sturrock R, et al. Association between the interleukin 23 receptor and ankylosing spondylitis is confirmed by a new UK case-control study and meta-analysis of published series. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009;48:386-9 pubmed publisher..Additionally, observed stronger associations with SNPs rs11209026 and rs11465804 upon exclusion of IBD and/or psoriasis cases may represent an independent association with AS. ..
- Sung I, Kim T, Bang S, Kim T, Lee B, Peddle L, et al. IL-23R polymorphisms in patients with ankylosing spondylitis in Korea. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:1003-5 pubmed publisher..No IL-23R SNP were found to be associated with AS in Koreans. The association of IL23R and AS that is seen in Caucasian patients with AS is not present in Korean patients with AS. ..
- Sventoraityte J, Zvirbliene A, Franke A, Kwiatkowski R, Kiudelis G, Kupcinskas L, et al. NOD2, IL23R and ATG16L1 polymorphisms in Lithuanian patients with inflammatory bowel disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:359-64 pubmed..The results support a strong association between CD susceptibility and the Leu1007insC variant in NOD2 in the Lithuanian study population. ..
- Lacher M, Schroepf S, Helmbrecht J, von Schweinitz D, Ballauff A, Koch I, et al. Association of the interleukin-23 receptor gene variant rs11209026 with Crohn's disease in German children. Acta Paediatr. 2010;99:727-733 pubmed publisher..Arg381Gln) variant against paediatric CD. IL23R was expressed in both CD and UC with a great variability. However, expression levels showed no significant association with the disease. ..
- Zwiers A, Kraal L, van de Pouw Kraan T, Wurdinger T, Bouma G, Kraal G. Cutting edge: a variant of the IL-23R gene associated with inflammatory bowel disease induces loss of microRNA regulation and enhanced protein production. J Immunol. 2012;188:1573-7 pubmed publisher..This implies that this mutation, in combination with other genetic risk factors, can lead to disease through sustained IL-23R signaling, contributing to the chronicity of IBD. ..
- Reveille J, Sims A, Danoy P, Evans D, Leo P, Pointon J, et al. Genome-wide association study of ankylosing spondylitis identifies non-MHC susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2010;42:123-7 pubmed publisher..3 x 10(-12)). This study reports four genetic loci associated with ankylosing spondylitis risk and identifies a major role for the interleukin (IL)-23 and IL-1 cytokine pathways in disease susceptibility. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhou B, Zhang J, Chen Y, Lai T, Yan L, et al. Association of interleukin-23 receptor gene polymorphisms with risk of ovarian cancer. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;196:146-52 pubmed publisher..027, OR=2.087, 95% CI=1.083-4.023). These findings indicate that IL23R polymorphisms may play an important role in the susceptibility and prognosis of ovarian cancer in the Chinese population. ..
- Jiang Z, Yang P, Hou S, Li F, Zhou H. Polymorphisms of IL23R and Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome in a Chinese Han population. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:414-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the tested IL23R gene polymorphisms are not associated with the susceptibility to VKH syndrome in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Libioulle C, Louis E, Hansoul S, Sandor C, Farnir F, Franchimont D, et al. Novel Crohn disease locus identified by genome-wide association maps to a gene desert on 5p13.1 and modulates expression of PTGER4. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e58 pubmed..Our results identify a major new susceptibility locus for CD, and suggest that genetic variants associated with disease risk at this locus could modulate cis-acting regulatory elements of PTGER4. ..
- Lappalainen M, Halme L, Turunen U, Saavalainen P, Einarsdottir E, Farkkila M, et al. Association of IL23R, TNFRSF1A, and HLA-DRB1*0103 allele variants with inflammatory bowel disease phenotypes in the Finnish population. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:1118-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggest that polymorphisms at IL23R and TNFRSF1A, and possibly HLA and TLR4, loci may account for phenotypic variation in IBD. ..
- Weersma R, Stokkers P, Cleynen I, Wolfkamp S, Henckaerts L, Schreiber S, et al. Confirmation of multiple Crohn's disease susceptibility loci in a large Dutch-Belgian cohort. Am J Gastroenterol. 2009;104:630-8 pubmed publisher..We show that a genetic risk profile can be constructed that is clinically useful and that can aid in making treatment decisions. ..
- Csongei V, Jaromi L, Safrany E, Sipeky C, Magyari L, Farago B, et al. Interaction of the major inflammatory bowel disease susceptibility alleles in Crohn's disease patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:176-83 pubmed..001, OR = 9.15, 95% CI: 2.05-40.74). The present study suggests a cumulative effect of individual IBD susceptibility loci. ..
- Chien M, Hsin C, Chou L, Chung T, Lin C, Weng M, et al. Interleukin-23 receptor polymorphism as a risk factor for oral cancer susceptibility. Head Neck. 2012;34:551-6 pubmed publisher..The varied C allele of the IL-23R gene may be considered a factor contributing to increased susceptibility and may be a predictive factor for tumor lymph node metastasis in Taiwanese with oral cancer. ..
- Lakatos P, Szamosi T, Szilvasi A, Molnar E, Lakatos L, Kovacs A, et al. ATG16L1 and IL23 receptor (IL23R) genes are associated with disease susceptibility in Hungarian CD patients. Dig Liver Dis. 2008;40:867-73 pubmed publisher..We confirmed that ATG16L1 and IL23R are susceptibility loci for CD in Hungarian CD patients. Further studies are needed to confirm the reported phenotype-genotype associations found in this study. ..
- Venegas M, Beltrán C, Alvarez L, Castro A, Torres T, Leal A, et al. IL-23R Arg381Gln polymorphism in Chilean patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2008;19:190-5 pubmed publisher..Replication studies by independent groups are necessary to elucidate the contribution of susceptibility genes to IBD in different ethnic populations. ..
- Jürgens M, Laubender R, Hartl F, Weidinger M, Seiderer J, Wagner J, et al. Disease activity, ANCA, and IL23R genotype status determine early response to infliximab in patients with ulcerative colitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:1811-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that IFX therapy is safe and effective in patients with moderate-to-severe UC. A high CAI before IFX therapy, ANCA seronegativity, and the IL23R genotype were predictors of early response to IFX. ..
- McGovern D, Gardet A, TÃ¶rkvist L, Goyette P, Essers J, Taylor K, et al. Genome-wide association identifies multiple ulcerative colitis susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2010;42:332-7 pubmed publisher..These data implicate approximately 30 loci in ulcerative colitis, thereby providing insight into disease pathogenesis. ..
- Dubinsky M, Wang D, Picornell Y, Wrobel I, Katzir L, Quiros A, et al. IL-23 receptor (IL-23R) gene protects against pediatric Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2007;13:511-5 pubmed..Thus, the initial whole genome association study based on ileal CD in adults has been extended to the pediatric population and beyond small bowel CD. ..
- Sanchez E, Rueda B, Callejas J, Sabio J, Ortego Centeno N, Jimenez Alonso J, et al. Analysis of interleukin-23 receptor (IL23R) gene polymorphisms in systemic lupus erythematosus. Tissue Antigens. 2007;70:233-7 pubmed..These results suggest that IL23R polymorphisms do not appear to play an important role in the susceptibility or severity of SLE in the Spanish population. ..
- Glas J, Seiderer J, Wetzke M, Konrad A, Török H, Schmechel S, et al. rs1004819 is the main disease-associated IL23R variant in German Crohn's disease patients: combined analysis of IL23R, CARD15, and OCTN1/2 variants. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e819 pubmed..rs1004819 is the major IL23R variant associated with CD in the German population, while the p.Arg381Gln IL23R variant is a protective marker for CD and UC. ..
- Magyari L, Melegh B. [Susceptibility genetic variants in Hungarian morbus Crohn and ulcerative colitis patients]. Orv Hetil. 2009;150:81-8 pubmed publisher..It depends on the different populations whether this genetic variant means an obligatory risk factor to inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Newman W, Zhang Q, Liu X, Amos C, Siminovitch K. Genetic variants in IL-23R and ATG16L1 independently predispose to increased susceptibility to Crohn's disease in a Canadian population. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2009;43:444-7 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that these variants act independently of one another to influence risk and pathogenesis of IBD. ..
- Chen J, Lu Y, Zhang H, Ding Y, Ren C, Hua Z, et al. A nonsynonymous polymorphism in IL23R gene is associated with risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese population. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:862-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate, for the first time, that the nonsynonymous variant rs1884444 T>G of IL-23R may contribute to gastric cancer susceptibility, especially in intestinal-type gastric cancer, in Chinese population. ..
- Latiano A, Palmieri O, Valvano M, D Incà R, Cucchiara S, Riegler G, et al. Replication of interleukin 23 receptor and autophagy-related 16-like 1 association in adult- and pediatric-onset inflammatory bowel disease in Italy. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:4643-51 pubmed..The rs2241880 [autophagy-related 16-like 1 (ATG16L1)], rs11209026 and rs7517847 [interleukin 23 receptor (IL23R)], rs2066844, rs2066845, rs2066847 (CARD15), rs1050152 (OCTN1), and rs2631367 (OCTN2) gene ..
- Remmers E, Cosan F, Kirino Y, Ombrello M, Abaci N, Satorius C, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies variants in the MHC class I, IL10, and IL23R-IL12RB2 regions associated with BehÃ§et's disease. Nat Genet. 2010;42:698-702 pubmed publisher..34-1.58) and the IL23R-IL12RB2 locus (rs924080, P = 6.69 x 10(-9), OR = 1.28, 95% CI 1.18-1.39). The disease-associated IL10 variant (the rs1518111 A allele) was associated with diminished mRNA expression and low protein production. ..
- Pidasheva S, Trifari S, Phillips A, Hackney J, Ma Y, Smith A, et al. Functional studies on the IBD susceptibility gene IL23R implicate reduced receptor function in the protective genetic variant R381Q. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25038 pubmed publisher..This data provides an explanation for the protective role of R381Q in CD and may lead to the development of improved therapeutics for autoimmune disorders like CD. ..
- Cargill M, Schrodi S, Chang M, Garcia V, Brandon R, Callis K, et al. A large-scale genetic association study confirms IL12B and leads to the identification of IL23R as psoriasis-risk genes. Am J Hum Genet. 2007;80:273-90 pubmed..These data, and the previous observation that administration of an antibody specific for the IL-12p40 subunit to patients with psoriasis is highly efficacious, suggest that these genes play a fundamental role in psoriasis pathogenesis. ..
- Illes Z, Safrany E, Peterfalvi A, Magyari L, Farago B, Pozsonyi E, et al. 3'UTR C2370A allele of the IL-23 receptor gene is associated with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Neurosci Lett. 2008;431:36-8 pubmed publisher..072, 95% CI: 0.988-4.347, p<0.05). These data indicate that IL23R represents a novel shared susceptibility gene as its association with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) has recently been verified. ..
- Huber A, Jacobson E, Jazdzewski K, Concepcion E, Tomer Y. Interleukin (IL)-23 receptor is a major susceptibility gene for Graves' ophthalmopathy: the IL-23/T-helper 17 axis extends to thyroid autoimmunity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:1077-81 pubmed..Variants in the IL-23R gene are strongly associated with GO. These variants may predispose to GO by changing the expression and/or function of IL-23R, thereby promoting a proinflammatory signaling cascade. ..
- Baldassano R, Bradfield J, Monos D, Kim C, Glessner J, Casalunovo T, et al. Association of variants of the interleukin-23 receptor gene with susceptibility to pediatric Crohn's disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;5:972-6 pubmed..26). As such, variants in the IL23R gene confer a similar magnitude of risk of CD to children as for their adult counterparts. ..
- Dusatkova P, Hradsky O, Lenicek M, Bronsky J, Nevoral J, Kotalova R, et al. Association of IL23R p.381Gln and ATG16L1 p.197Ala with Crohn disease in the Czech population. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2009;49:405-10 pubmed publisherAn association of variants in the genes encoding the interleukin 23 receptor (IL23R, p.Arg381Gln, rs11209026), and the autophagy-related gene 16-like 1 (ATG16L1, p...
- Davidson S, Wu X, Liu Y, Wei M, Danoy P, Thomas G, et al. Association of ERAP1, but not IL23R, with ankylosing spondylitis in a Han Chinese population. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:3263-8 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we undertook the current study to investigate whether single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) covering the genes ERAP1 and IL23R are associated with AS in a Han Chinese population...
- Jiang Z, Yang P, Hou S, Du L, Xie L, Zhou H, et al. IL-23R gene confers susceptibility to Behcet's disease in a Chinese Han population. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010;69:1325-8 pubmed publisher..The results also suggested that both rs11209032 AA and rs17375018 GG of IL-23R are predisposing genotypes for BD and that the AGCG haplotype may provide protection against BD. ..
- Vaknin Dembinsky A, Balashov K, Weiner H. IL-23 is increased in dendritic cells in multiple sclerosis and down-regulation of IL-23 by antisense oligos increases dendritic cell IL-10 production. J Immunol. 2006;176:7768-74 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that an abnormal Th1 bias in DCs from MS patients related to IL-23 exists, and that antisense oligonucleotides specific to IL-23 can be used for immune modulation by targeting DC gene expression. ..
- Yamazaki K, Onouchi Y, Takazoe M, Kubo M, Nakamura Y, Hata A. Association analysis of genetic variants in IL23R, ATG16L1 and 5p13.1 loci with Crohn's disease in Japanese patients. J Hum Genet. 2007;52:575-83 pubmed..Recently, positive association of CD with the variants in interleukin 23 receptor (IL23R), autophagy-related 16-like 1 (ATG16L1) genes and chromosome 5p13...
- Chang M, Li Y, Yan C, Callis Duffin K, Matsunami N, Garcia V, et al. Variants in the 5q31 cytokine gene cluster are associated with psoriasis. Genes Immun. 2008;9:176-81 pubmed
- Hollis Moffatt J, Merriman M, Rodger R, Rowley K, Chapman P, Dalbeth N, et al. Evidence for association of an interleukin 23 receptor variant independent of the R381Q variant with rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:1340-4 pubmed publisherThe rare allele of a non-synonymous interleukin 23 receptor (IL23R) single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs11209026 (p.Arg381Gln) confers strong protection against Crohn disease (CD) and psoriasis...
- Chen B, Zeng Z, Xu L, Wu X, Yu J, Xue L, et al. IL23R +2199A/C polymorphism is associated with decreased risk of certain subtypes of gastric cancer in Chinese: a case-control study. Cancer Epidemiol. 2011;35:165-9 pubmed publisher..pylori) infection and progression of gastric lesions. Interleukin 23 receptor (IL23R), as a key cytokine receptor gene in the important inflammatory IL-17/IL-23 axis, may contribute ..
- Roberts R, Gearry R, Hollis Moffatt J, Miller A, Reid J, Abkevich V, et al. IL23R R381Q and ATG16L1 T300A are strongly associated with Crohn's disease in a study of New Zealand Caucasians with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007;102:2754-61 pubmed..We also provide further evidence for association of rs11209026 with UC and a report of an additive effect between IL23R and CARD15 genotypes in CD. ..
- Xavier J, Shahram F, Davatchi F, Rosa A, Crespo J, Abdollahi B, et al. Association study of IL10 and IL23R-IL12RB2 in Iranian patients with Behçet's disease. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:2761-72 pubmed publisher..These associations warrant further validation and investigation in patients with BD, as they may have implications for the development of novel therapies (e.g., immunosuppressive therapy targeted at IL-23p19). ..
- Filer C, Ho P, Smith R, Griffiths C, Young H, Worthington J, et al. Investigation of association of the IL12B and IL23R genes with psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:3705-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine whether these variants are also associated with susceptibility to psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- Pimentel Santos F, Ligeiro D, Matos M, Mourão A, Sousa E, Pinto P, et al. Association of IL23R and ERAP1 genes with ankylosing spondylitis in a Portuguese population. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2009;27:800-6 pubmed..These results show that IL23R and ERAP1 genes are also associated with susceptibility to AS in the Portuguese population, and that they contribute a significant proportion of the population risk for this disease. ..
- Mizuki N, Meguro A, Ota M, Ohno S, Shiota T, Kawagoe T, et al. Genome-wide association studies identify IL23R-IL12RB2 and IL10 as Behçet's disease susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2010;42:703-6 pubmed publisher..9 x 10(-11), odds ratio = 1.35; rs1800871 in IL10, P = 1.0 x 10(-14), odds ratio = 1.45). ..
- Strange A, Capon F, Spencer C, Knight J, Weale M, Allen M, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies new psoriasis susceptibility loci and an interaction between HLA-C and ERAP1. Nat Genet. 2010;42:985-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate pathways that integrate epidermal barrier dysfunction with innate and adaptive immune dysregulation in psoriasis pathogenesis. ..
- Lee Y, Choi S, Ji J, Song G. Associations between interleukin-23R polymorphisms and ankylosing spondylitis susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Inflamm Res. 2012;61:143-9 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis shows that the IL-23R polymorphisms are associated with the development of AS in Europeans. ..
- Rioux J, Xavier R, Taylor K, Silverberg M, Goyette P, Huett A, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies new susceptibility loci for Crohn disease and implicates autophagy in disease pathogenesis. Nat Genet. 2007;39:596-604 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that autophagy and host cell responses to intracellular microbes are involved in the pathogenesis of Crohn disease. ..
- Einarsdottir E, Koskinen L, Dukes E, Kainu K, Suomela S, Lappalainen M, et al. IL23R in the Swedish, Finnish, Hungarian and Italian populations: association with IBD and psoriasis, and linkage to celiac disease. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:8 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this is the first report of linkage of the IL23R region to celiac disease, a chronic inflammatory condition in which IL23R has not been previously implicated. ..