Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: interleukin 2
Description: interleukin 2
Alias: IL-2, TCGF, lymphokine, T cell growth factor, aldesleukin, interleukin-2, involved in regulation of T-cell clonal expansion
Publications241 found, 100 shown here
- Shared and distinct genetic variants in type 1 diabetes and celiac diseaseDeborah J Smyth
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 359:2767-77. 2008..Since both diseases are associated with the HLA class II genes on chromosome 6p21, we tested whether non-HLA loci are shared...
- HIV-Nef enhances interleukin-2 production and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity in a human T cell lineS D Schibeci
Department of Clinical Immunology, Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia
AIDS 14:1701-7. 2000..The Nef protein has a major influence on disease pathogenesis in HIV-infected individuals. The objective of the present study was to examine the effects of Nef on T lymphocyte activation and associated signalling events...
- Schnurri-3 (KRC) interacts with c-Jun to regulate the IL-2 gene in T cellsMohamed Oukka
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 199:15-24. 2004..KRC), is induced upon T cell receptor signaling in T cells and functions to regulate the expression of the interleukin 2 (IL-2) gene...
- IL-2 and TNF-alpha promoter polymorphisms in patients with acute kidney graft rejectionA Pawlik
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Pomeranian Medical University, 70 111 Szczecin, Powst Wlkp 72, Poland
Transplant Proc 37:2041-3. 2005..The aim of the study was to examine the association between interleukin (IL)-2 -330 and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha -308 promoter polymorphisms and acute kidney allograft rejection...
- The cytokine gene polymorphisms in patients with chronic kidney graft rejectionA Pawlik
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Pomeranian Medical University, 70 111 Szczecin, Powst Wielkopolskich 72, Poland
Transpl Immunol 14:49-52. 2005..The results of present study suggest that the genetically determined low IL-6 production may be the risk factor of chronic allograft nephropathy development...
- Natural and induced CD4+CD25+ cells educate CD4+CD25- cells to develop suppressive activity: the role of IL-2, TGF-beta, and IL-10Song Guo Zheng
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Immunol 172:5213-21. 2004..We suggest that the long-term effects of adoptively transferred natural-like CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory cells induced ex vivo are due to their ability to generate new cytokine-producing CD4(+) regulatory T cells in vivo...
- Effects of the multiple sclerosis associated -330 promoter polymorphism in IL2 allelic expressionFuencisla Matesanz
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, CSIC, C Ventanilla 11, 18001 Granada, Spain
J Neuroimmunol 148:212-7. 2004..Our data show an increased IL2 expression among GT and TT genotypes previously associated with susceptibility to MS...
- Interleukin-2 gene polymorphism is associated with renal but not cardiac transplant outcomeA Morgun
Division of Immunogenetics, Department of Pediatrics, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transplant Proc 35:1344-5. 2003..Further studies are necessary not only to dissect the nature of IL-2 T/T genotype association with kidney rejection, but also to explain why this genotype does not apparently influence cardiac allograft outcome...
- Recipient gene polymorphisms in the Th-1 cytokines IL-2 and IFN-gamma in relation to acute rejection and graft vascular disease after clinical heart transplantationC T J Holweg
Erasmus MC, Department of Internal Medicine, Room Ee 563a, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Transpl Immunol 11:121-7. 2003..63). In conclusion, we did not detect an association between the IL-2 T-330G promoter polymorphism and CA repeat polymorphism in the first intron of the IFN-gamma gene and AR or GVD after heart transplantation...
- Combined analysis of cytokine genotype polymorphism and the level of expression with allograft function in African-American renal transplant patientsD O McDaniel
Department of Surgery, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216 4550, USA
Transpl Immunol 11:107-19. 2003..Identification of peripheral markers diagnostic of rejection could allow advance anticipation of clinical outcome, and might reduce the need for tissue biopsy...
- Cytokine polymorphic analyses indicate ethnic differences in the allelic distribution of interleukin-2 and interleukin-6E D Cox
Department of Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Transplantation 72:720-6. 2001..Ethnic origin has been identified as a significant prognostic factor for several immune-mediated diseases and for outcome after allotransplantation. A clear relationship between cytokine polymorphisms and ethnicity has not been shown...
- The CXC chemokine stromal cell-derived factor activates a Gi-coupled phosphoinositide 3-kinase in T lymphocytesY Sotsios
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Bath University, Claverton Down, Bath, Avon, United Kingdom
J Immunol 163:5954-63. 1999..Hence, it appears that ERK1/2 activation is dependent on PI 3-kinase activation, and both biochemical events are involved in the regulation of SDF-1-stimulated chemotaxis...
- The IL-2 receptor complex: its structure, function, and target genesY Minami
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Annu Rev Immunol 11:245-68. 1993..Another pathway leads to c-myc gene induction by an as yet unknown mechanism. We discuss the complex signalling machinery that links the cell surface receptor to the nuclear events...
- Ulcerative colitis-like disease in mice with a disrupted interleukin-2 geneB Sadlack
Institute of Virology and Immunobiology, University of Wurzburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 75:253-61. 1993..The data provide evidence for a primary role of the immune system in the etiology of ulcerative colitis and strongly suggest that the disease results from an abnormal immune response to a normal antigenic stimulus...
- Interleukin-2 and interleukin-6 gene promoter polymorphisms, and early failure of dental implantsMaria Isabela Guimarães Campos
Department of Morphology, Dental School of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Brazil
Implant Dent 14:391-6. 2005....
- Study of the association with -330T/G IL-2 in a population of centenarians from centre and south ItalyLetizia Scola
Gruppo di Studio sull Immunosenescenza, Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Metodologie Biomediche, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Biogerontology 6:425-9. 2005..All in all our data seem to suggest that reduction of -330G allele frequency might be protective for healthy ageing limiting cell mediated inflammation implied in age associated diseases...
- IL-2 gene C/T polymorphism is associated with prostate cancerHsi Chin Wu
Department of Urology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Lab Anal 20:245-9. 2006..388). This study suggests that the IL-2 gene may be associated with susceptibility to prostate cancer in the Taiwan population...
- Multiple sclerosis association study with the TENR-IL2-IL21 region in a Spanish populationM Fedetz
Departmento de Biología Celulare Immunologia, Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Granada, Spain
Tissue Antigens 74:244-7. 2009..Additional studies, using much larger sample sizes and analysis of additional polymorphisms in the gene and its flanking region, will be required to ascertain their contributions to MS susceptibility...
- Confirmation of STAT4, IL2/IL21, and CTLA4 polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritisNina A Daha
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 60:1255-60. 2009....
- Testing for the association of the KIAA1109/Tenr/IL2/IL21 gene region with rheumatoid arthritis in a European family-based studyVitor Hugo Teixeira
GenHotel EA3886, Evry University Paris 7 University Medical School, AutoCure European Consortium, Evry Genopole, France
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R45. 2009..Therefore, our aim was to test this association in populations of European origin by using a family-based approach...
- Novel association of the interleukin 2-interleukin 21 region with inflammatory bowel diseaseAna Marquez
Immunology Department, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid 28040, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1968-75. 2009..Therefore, we decide to investigate the association of polymorphisms in the IL-2 axis (IL2, IL2RA, and IL2RB genes) with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs)...
- Confirmation of an association between rs6822844 at the Il2-Il21 region and multiple autoimmune diseases: evidence of a general susceptibility locusAmit K Maiti
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK73104, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:323-9. 2010....
- Association study of IL2/IL21 and FcgRIIa: significant association with the IL2/IL21 region in Scandinavian coeliac disease familiesS Adamovic
Department of Medical and Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Genes Immun 9:364-7. 2008..001 and 0.002, respectively). However, we found no association with the FcgammaRIIa rs1801274 G>A polymorphism (P-value=0.3). In conclusion, our results support the KIAA1109/Tenr/IL2/IL21 region as a true CD susceptibility region...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes in the healthy Slovak populationJ Javor
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Comenius University, Saskinova 4, 811 08 Bratislava, Slovakia
Int J Immunogenet 34:273-80. 2007..However, several differences were found between the Slovak and four populations from Southern Europe. The obtained data represent a basis for further studies on association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with some diseases...
- A genome-wide association study for celiac disease identifies risk variants in the region harboring IL2 and IL21David A van Heel
Centre for Gastroenterology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Queen Mary University of London, London E1 2AT, UK
Nat Genet 39:827-9. 2007..3 x 10(-14), odds ratio = 0.63), suggesting that genetic variation in this region predisposes to celiac disease...
- Unraveling the structure of IL-2J F Bazan
Science 257:410-3. 1992
- Structure and expression of a cloned cDNA for human interleukin-2T Taniguchi
Nature 302:305-10. 1983..A biologically active polypeptide, characteristic of human IL-2, was produced when the cDNA was fused to a simian virus 40 promoter sequence and used to transfect cultured monkey COS cells...
- Association of interleukin (IL)-4 intron-3 and IL-6 -174 G/C gene polymorphism with susceptibility to end-stage renal diseaseRama Devi Mittal
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, 226014, India
Immunogenetics 59:159-65. 2007..Further, combined analysis implicated a higher risk in ESRD patients with low IL-4 and high IL-6 producing genotypes. This study provided the basis for defined anti-inflammatory approaches to limit renal disease progression...
- Amino acid sequence and post-translational modification of human interleukin 2R J Robb
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:6486-90. 1984Human interleukin 2 was separated into multiple molecular forms by selective immunoaffinity chromatography and chromatofocusing...
- The interleukin-2 and interleukin-4 receptors studied by molecular modellingP Bamborough
Oxford Centre for Molecular Science, Physical Chemistry Laboratory, UK
Structure 2:839-51. 1994..They are therefore of interest as transmembrane signalling proteins, as well as potential pharmaceutical targets...
- Common and different genetic background for rheumatoid arthritis and coeliac diseaseMarieke J H Coenen
Department of Human Genetics, Institute for Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 18:4195-203. 2009..We confirmed two known loci and identified four novel ones for shared CD-RA genetic risk. Most of the shared loci further emphasize a role for adaptive and innate immunity in these diseases...
- Genetic variants in the region harbouring IL2/IL21 associated with ulcerative colitisE A M Festen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Gut 58:799-804. 2009..type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus and psoriasis), while the roles that interleukin 2 (IL2) and IL21 play in the immune response also make them attractive candidates for IBD...
- Effects of cytokines on oxygen radical production by peripheral blood monocytes and alveolar macrophages in patients with lung cancerY Tohda
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Tumori 82:382-5. 1996..The results suggest that stimulation of macrophages by interleukin-2, tumor necrosis factor-alpha or interferon-gamma can exert an antitumor action in patients with lung cancer...
- Halothane inhibits T cell proliferation and interleukin-2 receptor expression in ratsJ G Hamra
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego, LaJolla 92093-0818, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:323-36. 1996..These results suggest that halothane suppresses rat T cell function, perhaps through suppression of IL-2 receptor expression...
- Characterization of the pulmonary lesions induced in rats by human recombinant interleukin-2J Zhang
Pathology Section, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1518, USA
Toxicol Pathol 23:653-66. 1995..to endothelial cells in capillaries and venules, marked interstitial infiltration by cytotoxic T lymphocytes, lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells (as demonstrated by cell counting in preparations ..
- Clinical efficacy of cancer subcutaneous immunotherapy with interleukin-2 in relation to the pretreatment levels of tumor growth factor insulin-like growth factor-1P Lissoni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Milano, Italy
Tumori 81:261-4. 1995..Further studies are required to establish whether IGF-1 levels simply reflect the extension of disease, or whether they may influence per se the action of IL-2...
- Increased serum soluble interleukin-2 receptors in schizophrenic monozygotic twinsM H Rapaport
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 243:7-10. 1993..08) showed trends towards higher serum SIL-2R levels than their respective control groups. These data contribute to the growing body of evidence that immune activation is associated with some forms of schizophrenia...
- Subcutaneous low-dose interleukin-2 plus alpha interferon in advanced malignant melanomaF de Braud
Divisione di Oncologia Medica B, Istituto Nazionale per la Cura e lo Studio dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Tumori 79:187-90. 1993..The good patient compliance makes this schedule eligible to evaluate whether IL-2 plus rIFN-alpha can enhance the results of chemotherapy in this disease...
- Effect of cytokines on cytosolic-free calcium in human platelets from essential hypertensivesM Tepel
, , Germany
Am J Hypertens 6:660-6. 1993..Erythropoietin (EPO) and interleukin 2 significantly increased platelet [Ca2+]i, whereas platelet-derived growth factor, and fibroblast growth factor ..
- [Monitoring sarcoidosis therapy with immunopathologic parameters]J Muller-Quernheim
III Med Klinik, Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz
Pneumologie 48:47-9. 1994..Bronchoalveolar lavage yields different cytological patterns typical for the acute and chronic forms of the disease permitting the identification of the subpopulation on risk for functional deterioration...
- Subcutaneous therapy with low-dose interleukin-2 plus the neurohormone melatonin in metastatic gastric cancer patients with low performance statusP Lissoni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza (Milano, Italy
Tumori 79:401-4. 1993....
- Immunotherapy with low-dose subcutaneous interleukin-2 plus beta-interferon as a second-line therapy for metastatic colorectal carcinomaS Barni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Milano, Italy
Tumori 79:343-6. 1993..Further studies in patients with less advanced disease are needed to better define the impact of the immune improvement induced by low-dose IL-2 plus beta-IFN on the clinical course of the neoplastic disease...
- On the role of monokines in the generation of nonspecific suppressor T cell activity in vitroC N Baxevanis
Department of Immunology, Hellenic Anticancer Institute, Athens, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:225-45. 1994..Since lectin-induced nonspecific suppressor activity in vitro is deficient in certain autoimmune disorders the data presented herein might help in understanding the cellular basis for this immunodeficiency...
- Investigations of cytokine production in whole blood cultures of paranoid and residual schizophrenic patientsI Wilke
Institute of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, , Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 246:279-84. 1996..In summary, our data reinforce the possibility of immune dysfunction in schizophrenia and point to the possible relevance of disease subgroups in this respect...
- Serum levels of interleukins 2, 6 and 8, soluble interleukin-2 receptor and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 during treatment with interleukin-2 plus interferon-alfaM S Vuoristo
Department of Oncology, Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:337-54. 1996..Thus, no definite conclusions could be drawn. However, it seems worthwhile to measure IL-2, sIL-2R and sICAM-1 during immunotherapy; their prognostic value should be further evaluated in a larger patient population...
- Inducing a cell-mediated immune response against peptides of the Plasmodium vivax circumsporozoite proteinB E Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:573-86. 2001..vivax sporozoites...
- Neuroleptic treatment increases soluble IL-2 receptors and decreases soluble IL-6 receptors in schizophreniaN Muller
Psychiatric Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 247:308-13. 1997..This suggests that neuroleptic therapy has a differentiated immunomodulatory effect...
- In vitro treatment with interleukin-2 normalizes type-1 cytokine production by lymphocytes from elderlyD Lio
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:195-203. 2000..Present and previous results suggest that rIL-2 completely restores Type 1 responses by overcoming the well known costimulation deficit of aged lymphocytes...
- Garlic extracts stimulate proliferation of rat lymphocytes in vitro by increasing IL-2 and IL-4 productionM Colic
Institute of Medical Research, Military Medical Academy, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:163-81. 2000..The effect correlated with upregulation of the Interleukin 2 receptor alpha (IL-2R alpha) expression and the increase in IL-2 production...
- Cytokine pattern secretion by murine spleen cells after inactivated Candida albicans immunization. Effect of cocaine and morphine treatmentI A Casalinuovo
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, Microbiology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:35-48. 2000..The results showed that non-viable Candida cells of this strain induce a predominant Th0 response. This immune effect is in part impaired only by a subchronic administration of morphine...
- Effects of glyburide-cyclosporin A interaction on interleukin-2 production in ratsG Sireci
Institute of General Pathology, University of Palermo, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 21:583-98. 1999....
- [Serum adenosine deaminase as a parameter for activity in sarcoidosis]E Wetzel
Krankenanstalt, , Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus,
Pneumologie 53:323-8. 1999..In comparison to the other parameters, measurement of the serum ADA indicates a greater discrimination between active and inactive disease...
- Histamine and cytokine therapyK Hellstrand
Department of Virology, , Sweden
Acta Oncol 37:347-53. 1998..The potential benefit of histamine therapy in melanoma and AML will be evaluated in randomized trials...
- [Spinach powder-induced exogenous allergic alveolitis]J Schreiber
Forschungszentrum Borstel, Medizinische Klinik
Pneumologie 52:61-5. 1998..24 hours after exposure bronchoalveolar lavage showed an increase of neutrophils. In lung parenchyma mononuclear interstitial infiltrates and an epitheloid cell granuloma were seen...
- Investigation of the influence of maternal infection with Wuchereria bancrofti on the humoral and cellular responses of neonates to filarial antigensW L Hitch
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 91:461-9. 1997..Based on these limited responses to filarial antigens, few neonates display evidence of in-utero sensitization to filarial antigens...
- Potentiation of inhaled staphylococcal enterotoxin B-induced toxicity by lipopolysaccharide in miceR D LeClaire
Toxinology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Frederick, Maryland 21702 5011, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:619-26. 1996..Temporal responses of interleukin 1 alpha, tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin 2, and interferon-gamma evoked by inhaled SEB were enhanced by LPS...
- [Study on cellular immunity in children with respiratory syncytial virus associated acute lower respiratory infection]Z Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan 430030
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:263-6. 1997..These results suggested that human body had a functional disturbance in cellular immunity when infected with RSV...
- Suppressive and enhancing effect of T-2 toxin on murine lymphocyte activation and interleukin 2 productionP S Holt
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Veterinary Toxicology and Entomology Research Laboratory, College Station, Texas 77841
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:365-85. 1988..shown previously to exert potent immunosuppressive effects, was examined for its effects on activation and interleukin 2 (IL 2) production by murine and rat splenocytes...
- Interleukin-2 receptor levels in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Correlation to histological degree of malignancy and presence of constitutional symptomsJ M Tangen
Department of Oncology, , Oslo, Norway
Acta Oncol 29:581-3. 1990..All three parameters should therefore be taken into account when the clinical significance of Il-2R levels is evaluated...
- Immunotoxicity of cocaethyleneF Chiappelli
Laboratory of Human Oral and Molecular Immunology, UCLA School of Dentistry 90024-1668, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:399-417. 1995....
- Cellular reaction to the Vascugraft polyesterurethane vascular prosthesis: in vivo studies in ratsB Huang
, Department of Surgery, , , Canada
Biomaterials 13:209-16. 1992..The Mitrathane prosthesis exhibited a moderate inflammatory response, characterized by a high level of activation on fibroblasts compared to other grafts...
- Nicotine enhances interleukin production of rat splenic T lymphocytesT M Petro
University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Dentistry, Dept. of Oral Biology, Lincoln 68583-0740
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:463-75. 1992..A (ConA) or phytohemagglutinin (PHA), and the ability of mitogen stimulated splenic T lymphocytes to produce interleukin 2 (IL2) were determined...
- Modulation of the interleukin 2 receptor by maternal and cord blood serumY E Vanderbeeken
Department of Immunology, Hospital St-Pierre, Brussels, Belgium
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:211-36. 1990..However, at physiological concentrations of IgG, the Interleukin 2 receptor downregulation becomes irreversible.
- Histamine blocks interleukin 2 (IL-2) gene expression and regulates IL-2 receptor expressionA R Rezai
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, UCLA School of Medicine 90024
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:345-62. 1990..In addition, histamine seems to exert immunomodulating effects on IL-2 receptor expression, particularly in those individuals with AIDS-KS...
- Defective expression of IL-2 receptors on peripheral blood lymphocytes from patients with cluster headacheP Martelletti
Headache Centre, , Rome, Italy
Headache 30:228-31. 1990..Indirect fluorescence with a Becton Dickinson FACS-420 flow cytometer was used to analyze the cells.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Acute thyroid dysfunction (thyroiditis) after therapy with interleukin-2R Vassilopoulou-Sellin
Section of Endocrinology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
Horm Metab Res 24:434-8. 1992..We conclude that IL-2 administration is associated with the development of transient, subacute, painless thyroiditis. The frequency and severity of this complication requires further elucidation through systematic, prospective study...
- Serum levels of cytokines and soluble cytokine receptors in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma or malignant melanoma receiving IL-2/interferon-alpha combination therapyS D Fossa
Department of Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Acta Oncol 34:599-603. 1995..In most patients the increase of sIL-2R and sTNFRs lasted for at least 3 weeks after treatment discontinuation. The clinical significance of the increase remains unknown...
- Mechanism of action of prothymosin alpha in the human autologous mixed lymphocyte responseC N Baxevanis
Department of Immunology, Hellenic Anticancer Institute, Athens, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:443-61. 1988..In addition, ProT alpha-sup did not demonstrate any detectable interleukin 1 (IL 1) or interleukin 2 (IL 2) - like activity...
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Recent developments and the potential expansion of the donor poolH G Prentice
Bone Marrow Transplant Programme, Royal Free Hospital and Medical School, Hampstead, England
Acta Oncol 27:567-70. 1988..Of further interest will be the potential for application of lymphokines (e.g. IL2) without increasing the risk of lethal graft versus host disease...
- Enhancement of methotrexate cytotoxicity by modulation of proliferative activity in normal and neoplastic T lymphocytes and in a myeloid leukemia cell lineC Ciaiolo
Amedeo di Savoia Hospital, Turin, Italia
Tumori 74:537-42. 1988..The truth of this hypothesis was investigated by studying the effect of phytohemagglutinin and/or interleukin 2 on the sensitivity to methotrexate (MTX) of normal T lymphocytes and of lymphoblasts of a patient with acute T-..
- Interleukin 1 and interferon-gamma: cytokines that provide reciprocal regulation of macrophage and T cell functionR M Schultz
Department of Immunology Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
Toxicol Pathol 15:333-7. 1987..induces activation and replication of several subsets of precursor lymphocytes, including cytotoxic T cells, lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells, and natural killer (NK) cells, and enhances their cytotoxic activity for tumor ..
- Increased level of soluble interleukin-2 receptor in advanced solid tumors: a preliminary studyF Rovelli
Laboratorio di Radioimmunologia, Ospedale San Gerardo, Milano, Italia
Tumori 74:633-7. 1988..Further studies will be needed to establish if elevated concentrations of IL-2R in the serum can contribute to the immunoincompetence of patients with disseminated solid neoplasms...
- Sodium aurothiomalate inhibits T cell responses to interleukin-2M Harth
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, University Hospital, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:141-56. 1988..These effects of SATM may explain some of the conflicting data in the literature on T cell responses to IL-2 in rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and suggest a possible mechanism of action for the drug in the treatment of RA...
- [Human lymphocyte proliferative response and gamma-interferon production to Pneumocystis carinii antigen in vitro]A Nakamoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:1651-9. 1992..In the samples showing strong proliferative response, CD4 lymphocytes expressed interleukin 2 receptors. None of the 3 CBMC samples had proliferative response nor production of IFN-gamma...
- Immunoendocrine aspects of major depression. Relationships between plasma interleukin-6 and soluble interleukin-2 receptor, prolactin and cortisolM Maes
CRC-MH, Department of Psychiatry, AZ Stuivenberg, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 245:172-8. 1995..There were also significant positive correlations between plasma prolactin and sIL-2R concentrations in major depressed subjects and in the combined groups of normal and major depressed subjects...
- Immunohistochemical demonstration of subclasses of inflammatory cells and active, collagen-producing fibroblasts in the synovial plicae of lumbar facet jointsY T Konttinen
Fourth Department of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Central Hospital, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:387-90. 1990....
- Intracavitary administration of interleukin-2 as palliative therapy for neoplastic effusionsP Lissoni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale S. Gerardo, Monza, Milano, Italy
Tumori 78:118-20. 1992..No important toxicity was seen. This preliminary study showed that low dose IL-2 given intracavitarily is an effective and well-tolerated therapy in patients with neoplastic effusions...
- Lymphocytosis decline is not responsible for tumor progression in cancer patients chronically treated with interleukin-2P Lissoni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologia, Ospedale S. Gerardo, Monza, Italy
Tumori 80:283-5. 1994..Further studies, carried out to analyze the functional status of immune cells at the time of tumor progression, will be necessary to define the role of immunity in cancer patients progressing under IL-2 chronic therapy...
- Modulating effects on CD25 and CD71 antigen expression by lectin-stimulated T lymphocytes in the elderlyS Antonaci
University of Bari Medical Faculty, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:87-100. 1991..observations outline that the impaired T lymphocyte proliferative capacity in the elderly is due to a reduced interleukin 2 (IL-2) release...
- Decreased serum interleukin-2 level in patients with chronic headacheT Shimomura
Division of Neurology, Tottori University Faculty of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Headache 31:310-3. 1991..The decreased serum IL-2 level, observed in this study, might reflect a reduction in 5-HT or catecholamine levels in CNS in the patients with migraine or TH...
- The effect of interferon on activated peripheral blood T lymphocytes in patients with chronic active hepatitis BM Raptopoulou-Gigi
2nd Medical Department, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:577-88. 1994..These results confirm the immunomodulatory effect of interferon and reflect the effect of treatment in the management of the disease...
- Circulating soluble IL-2 receptor levels are low in patients with hypothyroid autoimmune thyroiditisA Loviselli
Institute of Internal Medicine, University of Cagliari, Italy
Horm Metab Res 26:548-51. 1994..In our report we studied circulating soluble interleukin 2 receptors in 22 patients with hypothyroid autoimmune thyroiditis before L-thyroxine treatment and when the ..
- Interleukin-1 alpha reduces the severity of the vascular leak syndrome produced by interleukin-2 and interleukin-2 plus interferon-alphaS Fujita
Pathology Branch, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Maryland 20892
Toxicol Pathol 22:381-97. 1994..Taken together, these observations show that IL-1 alpha reduces ultrastructural changes produced by IL-2 and IFN-alpha. This reduction may be clinically useful in the treatment of neoplasms...
- Enhancement of human T lymphocyte function by prothymosin alpha: increased production of interleukin-2 and expression of interleukin-2 receptors in normal human peripheral blood T lymphocytesC N Baxevanis
Department of Immunology, Hellenic Anticancer Institute, Athens, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:595-617. 1990..These data provide the basis for understanding the in vitro immunoenhancing effects of ProT alpha in cellular immune systems...
- Mechanism of phosphatidylserine-induced inhibition of interleukin 2 synthesis in the human T cell line JurkatP Claudette
, INSERM U210, , Pasteur) Nice, France
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:633-45. 1990....
- Correlation of serum interleukin-2 levels, soluble interleukin-2 receptors and T lymphocyte subsets in cancer patientsP Lissoni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Milano, Italy
Tumori 76:14-7. 1990..These results would suggest that metastatic dissemination is associated with a decreased IL-2 production in vivo, and that reduced IL-2 production is more frequent in patients with low CD4/CD8 ratio...
- [The serum level of the secreted interleukin 2 receptor (sIL-2R): a lymphocyte activity parameter in sarcoidosis]J Muller-Quernheim
III Med Klinik Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, Universitätskliniken Mainz
Pneumologie 44:213-4. 1990....
- Peripheral blood and tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in non-small cell lung cancer: analysis at the population and clonal levelM Viale
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Laboratorio di Farmacologia, Genova, Italy
Tumori 76:488-94. 1990..Moreover, most PBL- and TIL-derived clones released tumor necrosis factor alpha in response to mitogen stimulation...
- [Sarcoidosis of the lung: clinical course and inflammatory activity]M Schmidt
Pneumologie 49:226-32. 1995..Hence, acute lymphocytic inflammation is a favourable prognostic sign and should not prompt premature treatment with cortisone...
- Plasma-soluble interleukin-2 and transferrin receptor in schizophrenia and major depressionM Maes
University Department of Psychiatry, AZ Stuivenberg, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:325-9. 1995..It is suggested that schizophrenia and major depression are characterized by immune disorders that may indicate activation of cell-mediated immunity such as T-cell activation...
- Re-infection in human schistosomiasis mansoni: a prospective field study 18 months after praziquantel therapyK Zwingenberger
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 84:457-65. 1990..Both soluble CD8 antigen and interleukin 2 receptor in patients' sera were significantly elevated throughout the study period...
- Evaluation of cellular immune responses and soluble mediators in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (cHCV) infectionE Jirillo
Faculty of Medicine, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:347-64. 1995..In conclusion, the overall results indicate a condition of peripheral immune depression in cHCV patients with an exaggerated shedding of various mediators endowed with noxious effects for the host...
- Effects of interleukin-2 and interferon-alpha A/D treatment on lymphocytes from tumour-bearing miceM Ligo
Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Centre Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 59:883-8. 1989..The increase in Lyt-2+/L3T4- T-cells in the peritoneal cavity may be related to changes in the T-cells in thymus...
- Functional analysis of a single nucleotide polymorphism in a potential binding site for GATA transcription factors in the ovine interleukin 2 geneGesine Luhken
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Justus Liebig University, Ludwigstrasse 21b, 35390 Giessen, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 107:51-6. 2005..we recently discovered a putative GATA-binding site (WGATAR) in the second intron of the Th1-cytokine gene interleukin 2 (IL2), showing a single nucleotide polymorphism (G/C)...
- Soluble interleukin-2 receptor and interleukin-8 plasma levels during and after cardiopulmonary bypass: correlations with creatine kinase and creatine kinase MBO Alatas
Department of Biochemistry, Osmangazi University, The Medical School, Eskisehir, Turkey
Clin Exp Med 1:13-8. 2001....
- Lentivirus-induced immune dysregulationMary B Tompkins
Department of Population Health and Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27606, United States
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 123:45-55. 2008..As such, the natural history and pathogenesis provides an excellent model to study the long-term relationships between AIDS lentivirus and host immune system function/dysregulation...
- Leukocyte Interleukin, Inj. (LI) augmentation of natural killer cells and cytolytic T-lymphocytesM A Chirigos
CEL-SCI Corporation, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:247-64. 1995A serum free lymphokine preparation derived from human buffy-coat mononuclear cells [buffy coat interleukins (BC-IL)], also named Leukocyte Interleukin, Inj...
- The effect of combined expression of interleukin 2 and interleukin 4 on the tumorigenicity and treatment of B16F10 melanomaS J Hollingsworth
Department of Haematological Medicine, King s College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Br J Cancer 74:6-15. 1996The recent use of interleukin 2 (IL-2) and interleukin 4 (IL-4) single cytokine modified tumour cells in rodent models has demonstrated a potential use of these cytokines to produce autologous cancer cell vaccines...
- Local interleukin-2 and interleukin-12 therapy of bovine ocular squamous cell carcinomasRachel J E Stewart
Department of Clinical Veterinary Studies, University of Zimbabwe, Mount Pleasant, Harare, Zimbabwe
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 106:277-84. 2005..Stewart, R., Faber, J.A., Ruitenberg, E.J., 1995. Therapy of bovine ocular squamous cell carcinoma with local doses of interleukin-2: 67% complete regressions after 20 months of follow-up. Cancer Immunol. Immunother. 41, 10-14]...
- Serum soluble interleukin-2 receptor, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha levels in children with celiac disease: response to treatmentCeres C Romaldini
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:513-7. 2002..We investigated the serum levels of soluble interleukin-2 receptor, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in celiac children before and after gluten exclusion...
- INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR AND T LYMPHOCYTE GROWTHTHOMAS MALEK; Fiscal Year: 1999b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) is a key growth factor for the clonal expansion of antigen activated T lymphocytes whose biological activity is mediated by binding to the high affinity IL-2 receptor (IL-2R), comprised of 3 subunits, alpha, beta and ..
- THE INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR & T LYMPHOCYTE GROWTHTHOMAS MALEK; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) is the major growth factor for T lymphocytes and plays a critical role in the regulation of specific immune responses...
- Structural basis of Jak3-mediated interleukin-2 family signal transductionTITUS JONATHON BOGGON; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will directly impact healthcare stimulating the development of improved immunomodulatory and anti-proliferative therapies and by enhancing molecular-level understanding of cytokine signaling pathways. ..
- Structural basis of Jak3-mediated interleukin-2 family signal transductionTITUS BOGGON; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will directly impact healthcare stimulating the development of improved immunomodulatory and anti-proliferative therapies and by enhancing molecular-level understanding of cytokine signaling pathways. ..
- The Cytoskeleton, Rafts and the Interleukin-2 ReceptorJens Goebel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Interleukin-2 and autoimmune diseaseAbul K Abbas; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also analyze the mechanisms of the autoimmune disease caused by the absence of IL-2, and determine if different amounts and duration of IL-2 administration can be used to differentially activate effector cells and Treg. ..
- Interleukin-2 and autoimmune diseaseAbul K Abbas; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will also analyze the mechanisms of the autoimmune disease caused by the absence of IL-2, and determine if different amounts and duration of IL-2 administration can be used to differentially activate effector cells and Treg. ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR ANALYSIS OF G PROTEIN FUNCTIONCatherine H Berlot; Fiscal Year: 2010..the small molecule, 1 gallein, leads to increased T cell receptor (TCR)-stimulated production of the cytokine, interleukin 2 (IL-2) in CD4+ T cells...
- MONONUCLEAR PHAGOCYTE KILLING OF LEISHMANIA PARASITESHenry Murray; Fiscal Year: 1993..1) determine the mechanisms of production of leishmanial antigen-specific interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) and interleukin 2 (IL2); (2) characterize the role of il2 in experimental VL; (3) determine the role of the sensitized LYT-2+ ..
- Phase I Study of ALT-801 in Metastatic Melanoma/Kidney Cancer PatientsMayer Fishman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY AND IMMUNOLOGIC EFFECTSEnrico Mihich; Fiscal Year: 2001As shown in this laboratory, combinations of doxorubicin plus interleukin 2 (DOX + IL2) exert curative effects in C57BL/6 mice implanted with 10-5 EL4 lymphoma cells, a relatively nonimmunogenic syngeneic tumor/mouse model where 10 EL4 ..
- BLOCKING NEGATIVE SIGNALS TO NK CELLS TO TREAT LEUKEMIAMichael Bennett; Fiscal Year: 1999..p.), and later the hybridomas secreting the anti-5E6- Hgamma1 or 5E6-Hgamma1 will be put in diffusion chambers i.p. to create a continuous supply of the reagents. Thus, this is a model of cancer therapy. ..
- Naive T cell homeostasis: Treg selection and survivalChristophe Benoist; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results should lead to a better understanding of this population that is key to immune and autoimmune regulation. ..