Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: interleukin 2
Description: interleukin 2
Alias: IL-2, TCGF, lymphokine, T cell growth factor, aldesleukin, interleukin-2, involved in regulation of T-cell clonal expansion
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Association study of IL2/IL21 and FcgRIIa: significant association with the IL2/IL21 region in Scandinavian coeliac disease familiesS Adamovic
Department of Medical and Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Genes Immun 9:364-7. 2008..001 and 0.002, respectively). However, we found no association with the FcgammaRIIa rs1801274 G>A polymorphism (P-value=0.3). In conclusion, our results support the KIAA1109/Tenr/IL2/IL21 region as a true CD susceptibility region...
- Shared and distinct genetic variants in type 1 diabetes and celiac diseaseDeborah J Smyth
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 359:2767-77. 2008..Since both diseases are associated with the HLA class II genes on chromosome 6p21, we tested whether non-HLA loci are shared...
- Structure of the quaternary complex of interleukin-2 with its alpha, beta, and gammac receptorsXinquan Wang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 299 Campus Drive, Fairchild D319, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Science 310:1159-63. 2005..This complex structure provides a framework for other gammac-dependent cytokine-receptor interactions and for the engineering of improved IL-2 therapeutics...
- Association of interleukin-2, interleukin-4 and transforming growth factor-beta gene polymorphisms with Behcet's diseaseFarhad Shahram
Rheumatology Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:S28-31. 2011..Cytokine single nucleotide polymorphisms could play a role in the pathophysiology of BD. The results of this study could suggest a tendency towards higher production of IL-2 and lower production of IL-4 in the patients with BD...
- Cutting edge: IL-2 signals determine the degree of TCR signaling necessary to support regulatory T cell proliferation in vivoTao Zou
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 189:28-32. 2012..These findings also have therapeutic implications, as TCR signaling by Tregs may not be required when using IL-2 to increase Treg numbers for treatment of inflammatory disorders...
- Development and function of T cells in mice rendered interleukin-2 deficient by gene targetingH Schorle
Institute of Virology and Immunobiology, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Nature 352:621-4. 1991....
- Crystal structure of the IL-2 signaling complex: paradigm for a heterotrimeric cytokine receptorDeborah J Stauber
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2788-93. 2006..The IL-2/gamma(c) interface itself exhibits the smallest buried surface and the fewest hydrogen bonds in the complex, which is consistent with its promiscuous use in other cytokine receptor complexes...
- The basis of distinctive IL-2- and IL-15-dependent signaling: weak CD122-dependent signaling favors CD8+ T central-memory cell survival but not T effector-memory cell developmentIris Castro
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Immunol 187:5170-82. 2011..Our findings are consistent with a model whereby low, intermediate, and high CD122 signaling support T(CM) memory survival, T(EM) programming, and terminal T effector cell differentiation, respectively...
- Ulcerative colitis-like disease in mice with a disrupted interleukin-2 geneB Sadlack
Institute of Virology and Immunobiology, University of Wurzburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 75:253-61. 1993..The data provide evidence for a primary role of the immune system in the etiology of ulcerative colitis and strongly suggest that the disease results from an abnormal immune response to a normal antigenic stimulus...
- Differential regulation of the IL-17 receptor by gammac cytokines: inhibitory signaling by the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathwayMatthew J Lindemann
Department of Oral Biology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14100-8. 2008..Thus, there are intrinsic signaling differences between IL-2 and IL-15 that can be attributed to differences in activation of the PI3K pathway...
- Shock waves increase T-cell proliferation or IL-2 expression by activating p38 MAP kinaseTie Cheng Yu
Department of Orthopedics, The First Teaching Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun 130021, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 36:741-8. 2004..We concluded that the p38 MAPK activation played a key role in the regulation of T cells function by the LDSWs...
- Impact of IL2 and IL2RB genetic polymorphisms in kidney transplantationS J Park
Organ Transplantation Center, College of Medicine, Inje University, Busan, South Korea
Transplant Proc 43:2383-7. 2011..738; P = .0295) showed associations with ARE. Our results demonstrate that genetic variants of IL2RB may be associated with the development of AREs and may help predict ARE risk in kidney transplantation patients...
- Nuclear export of NF90 to stabilize IL-2 mRNA is mediated by AKT-dependent phosphorylation at Ser647 in response to CD28 costimulationYuan Pei
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Immunol 180:222-9. 2008..In vivo and in vitro data support a model in which CD28 costimulation activates AKT to phosphorylate NF90 at Ser647 and phosphorylation triggers NF90 to relocate to the cytoplasm and stabilize IL-2 mRNA...
- Definition and spatial location of mouse interleukin-2 residues that interact with its heterotrimeric receptorS M Zurawski
DNAX Research Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1104
EMBO J 12:5113-9. 1993..The relative spatial locations of these three surfaces are different from the two receptor binding sites known for the structurally related human growth hormone and the significance of this observation is discussed...
- Interleukin (IL)-12 receptor beta1 codon 378 G homozygote and allele, but not IL-1 (beta-511 promoter, 3953 exon 5, receptor antagonist), IL-2 114, IL-4-590 intron 3, IL-8 3'-UTR 2767, and IL-18 105, are associated with higher susceptibility to leiomyomaYao Yuan Hsieh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 87:886-95. 2007..e., interleukin (IL)-1, IL-2, IL-4, IL-8, IL-12, and IL-18, which are all immunomodulatory cytokines that play important roles in host immune responses against cancers...
- Genetic variants in interleukin-2 and risk of lymphoma among children in KoreaNan Song
Department of Molecular Medicine and Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology and College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:621-3. 2012..TT=3.43 (1.29-9.11), P(trend)=0.002, minP=0.005). These findings suggest that common genetic variants in IL2 might play a role in the pathogenesis of childhood lymphoma...
- Allelic expression and interleukin-2 polymorphisms in multiple sclerosisF Matesanz
Department of Immunology and Cellular Biology, Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, CSIC, C Ventanilla 11, 18001, Granada, Spain
J Neuroimmunol 119:101-5. 2001..These data indicate for the first time the relevance of the il-2 gene locus in human MS and its possible involvement in other autoimmune diseases...
- Analysis of allelic expression patterns of IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, and IL-13 in human CD4+ T cell clonesJean Pierre Bayley
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 33:2142-8. 2003..The gene for IL-4 showed an imbalance in expression from each allele, indicating differential expression of IL-4 alleles within or between IL-4-expressing cells...
- Allelic selection of human IL-2 geneF Matesanz
Departamento de Biología Celular e Inmunología, Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, CSIC, Granada, Spain
Eur J Immunol 30:3516-21. 2000..These findings may be used as a suitable marker for monitoring the IL-2 allelic contribution to effector activities and in immune responses against different infections or in pathological situations...
- G/T polymorphism in the interleukin-2 exon 1 region among Han Chinese systemic lupus erythematosus patients in TaiwanYing Ju Lin
Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Clin Immunol 129:36-9. 2008..01-17.51) and (c) a significantly lower G allele frequency in SLE patients with discoid rash (P=0.019; OR=0.41; 95% CI=0.19-0.88). Our results suggest that this polymorphism may be involved in the genetic background of Taiwanese SLE...
- Polymorphisms in the IL2, IL2RA and IL2RB genes in multiple sclerosis riskMaría L Cavanillas
Immunology Department, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Hum Genet 18:794-9. 2010..The relevant role of the IL2RA gene on MS susceptibility adds support to its common effect on autoimmune risk and the suggestive association of IL2/IL21 warrants further investigation...
- Natural and induced CD4+CD25+ cells educate CD4+CD25- cells to develop suppressive activity: the role of IL-2, TGF-beta, and IL-10Song Guo Zheng
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Immunol 172:5213-21. 2004..We suggest that the long-term effects of adoptively transferred natural-like CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory cells induced ex vivo are due to their ability to generate new cytokine-producing CD4(+) regulatory T cells in vivo...
- Structure and expression of a cloned cDNA for human interleukin-2T Taniguchi
Nature 302:305-10. 1983..A biologically active polypeptide, characteristic of human IL-2, was produced when the cDNA was fused to a simian virus 40 promoter sequence and used to transfect cultured monkey COS cells...
- Whole-blood flow-cytometric analysis of antigen-specific CD4 T-cell cytokine profiles distinguishes active tuberculosis from non-active statesUrban Sester
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Saarland University, Homburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e17813. 2011..In conclusion, a frequency lower than 56% IFN-γ/IL-2 dual positive PPD-specific circulating CD4 T-cells is strongly indicative of active TB...
- Genetic variants in the region harbouring IL2/IL21 associated with ulcerative colitisE A M Festen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Gut 58:799-804. 2009..type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus and psoriasis), while the roles that interleukin 2 (IL2) and IL21 play in the immune response also make them attractive candidates for IBD...
- The IL-2 receptor complex: its structure, function, and target genesY Minami
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Annu Rev Immunol 11:245-68. 1993..Another pathway leads to c-myc gene induction by an as yet unknown mechanism. We discuss the complex signalling machinery that links the cell surface receptor to the nuclear events...
- Association of interleukin (IL)-4 intron-3 and IL-6 -174 G/C gene polymorphism with susceptibility to end-stage renal diseaseRama Devi Mittal
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, 226014, India
Immunogenetics 59:159-65. 2007..Further, combined analysis implicated a higher risk in ESRD patients with low IL-4 and high IL-6 producing genotypes. This study provided the basis for defined anti-inflammatory approaches to limit renal disease progression...
- Nuclear export of NF90 is required for interleukin-2 mRNA stabilizationJaekyung Shim
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Cell 10:1331-44. 2002..In nonstimulated cells, NF90 is mostly nuclear, but T cell activation results in its accumulation in the cytoplasm. The nuclear export of NF90 is required for IL-2 mRNA stabilization...
- HIV-Nef enhances interleukin-2 production and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity in a human T cell lineS D Schibeci
Department of Clinical Immunology, Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia
AIDS 14:1701-7. 2000..The Nef protein has a major influence on disease pathogenesis in HIV-infected individuals. The objective of the present study was to examine the effects of Nef on T lymphocyte activation and associated signalling events...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes in the healthy Slovak populationJ Javor
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Comenius University, Saskinova 4, 811 08 Bratislava, Slovakia
Int J Immunogenet 34:273-80. 2007..However, several differences were found between the Slovak and four populations from Southern Europe. The obtained data represent a basis for further studies on association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with some diseases...
- The CXC chemokine stromal cell-derived factor activates a Gi-coupled phosphoinositide 3-kinase in T lymphocytesY Sotsios
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Bath University, Claverton Down, Bath, Avon, United Kingdom
J Immunol 163:5954-63. 1999..Hence, it appears that ERK1/2 activation is dependent on PI 3-kinase activation, and both biochemical events are involved in the regulation of SDF-1-stimulated chemotaxis...
- Confirmation of an association between rs6822844 at the Il2-Il21 region and multiple autoimmune diseases: evidence of a general susceptibility locusAmit K Maiti
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK73104, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:323-9. 2010....
- Common and different genetic background for rheumatoid arthritis and coeliac diseaseMarieke J H Coenen
Department of Human Genetics, Institute for Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 18:4195-203. 2009..We confirmed two known loci and identified four novel ones for shared CD-RA genetic risk. Most of the shared loci further emphasize a role for adaptive and innate immunity in these diseases...
- Schnurri-3 (KRC) interacts with c-Jun to regulate the IL-2 gene in T cellsMohamed Oukka
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 199:15-24. 2004..KRC), is induced upon T cell receptor signaling in T cells and functions to regulate the expression of the interleukin 2 (IL-2) gene...
- Immune hyperactivation of HIV-1-infected T cells mediated by Tat and the CD28 pathwayM Ott
The Picower Institute for Medical Research, 350 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Science 275:1481-5. 1997..IL-2 superinduction by Tat occurred at the transcriptional level, was mediated by the CD28-responsive element in the IL-2 promoter, and was exclusively dependent on the 29 amino acids encoded by the second exon of Tat...
- Confirmation of STAT4, IL2/IL21, and CTLA4 polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritisNina A Daha
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 60:1255-60. 2009....
- Testing for the association of the KIAA1109/Tenr/IL2/IL21 gene region with rheumatoid arthritis in a European family-based studyVitor Hugo Teixeira
GenHotel EA3886, Evry University Paris 7 University Medical School, AutoCure European Consortium, Evry Genopole, France
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R45. 2009..Therefore, our aim was to test this association in populations of European origin by using a family-based approach...
- Novel association of the interleukin 2-interleukin 21 region with inflammatory bowel diseaseAna Marquez
Immunology Department, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid 28040, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1968-75. 2009..Therefore, we decide to investigate the association of polymorphisms in the IL-2 axis (IL2, IL2RA, and IL2RB genes) with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs)...
- Multiple sclerosis association study with the TENR-IL2-IL21 region in a Spanish populationM Fedetz
Departmento de Biología Celulare Immunologia, Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Granada, Spain
Tissue Antigens 74:244-7. 2009..Additional studies, using much larger sample sizes and analysis of additional polymorphisms in the gene and its flanking region, will be required to ascertain their contributions to MS susceptibility...
- Combined analysis of cytokine genotype polymorphism and the level of expression with allograft function in African-American renal transplant patientsD O McDaniel
Department of Surgery, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216 4550, USA
Transpl Immunol 11:107-19. 2003..Identification of peripheral markers diagnostic of rejection could allow advance anticipation of clinical outcome, and might reduce the need for tissue biopsy...
- Study of the association with -330T/G IL-2 in a population of centenarians from centre and south ItalyLetizia Scola
Gruppo di Studio sull Immunosenescenza, Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Metodologie Biomediche, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Biogerontology 6:425-9. 2005..All in all our data seem to suggest that reduction of -330G allele frequency might be protective for healthy ageing limiting cell mediated inflammation implied in age associated diseases...
- Interleukin-2 and interleukin-6 gene promoter polymorphisms, and early failure of dental implantsMaria Isabela Guimarães Campos
Department of Morphology, Dental School of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Brazil
Implant Dent 14:391-6. 2005....
- The cytokine gene polymorphisms in patients with chronic kidney graft rejectionA Pawlik
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Pomeranian Medical University, 70 111 Szczecin, Powst Wielkopolskich 72, Poland
Transpl Immunol 14:49-52. 2005..The results of present study suggest that the genetically determined low IL-6 production may be the risk factor of chronic allograft nephropathy development...
- IL-2 and TNF-alpha promoter polymorphisms in patients with acute kidney graft rejectionA Pawlik
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Pomeranian Medical University, 70 111 Szczecin, Powst Wlkp 72, Poland
Transplant Proc 37:2041-3. 2005..The aim of the study was to examine the association between interleukin (IL)-2 -330 and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha -308 promoter polymorphisms and acute kidney allograft rejection...
- IL-2 gene C/T polymorphism is associated with prostate cancerHsi Chin Wu
Department of Urology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Lab Anal 20:245-9. 2006..388). This study suggests that the IL-2 gene may be associated with susceptibility to prostate cancer in the Taiwan population...
- Interleukin-2 gene polymorphism is associated with renal but not cardiac transplant outcomeA Morgun
Division of Immunogenetics, Department of Pediatrics, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transplant Proc 35:1344-5. 2003..Further studies are necessary not only to dissect the nature of IL-2 T/T genotype association with kidney rejection, but also to explain why this genotype does not apparently influence cardiac allograft outcome...
- Recipient gene polymorphisms in the Th-1 cytokines IL-2 and IFN-gamma in relation to acute rejection and graft vascular disease after clinical heart transplantationC T J Holweg
Erasmus MC, Department of Internal Medicine, Room Ee 563a, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Transpl Immunol 11:121-7. 2003..63). In conclusion, we did not detect an association between the IL-2 T-330G promoter polymorphism and CA repeat polymorphism in the first intron of the IFN-gamma gene and AR or GVD after heart transplantation...
- Cytokine polymorphic analyses indicate ethnic differences in the allelic distribution of interleukin-2 and interleukin-6E D Cox
Department of Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Transplantation 72:720-6. 2001..Ethnic origin has been identified as a significant prognostic factor for several immune-mediated diseases and for outcome after allotransplantation. A clear relationship between cytokine polymorphisms and ethnicity has not been shown...
- Effects of the multiple sclerosis associated -330 promoter polymorphism in IL2 allelic expressionFuencisla Matesanz
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, CSIC, C Ventanilla 11, 18001 Granada, Spain
J Neuroimmunol 148:212-7. 2004..Our data show an increased IL2 expression among GT and TT genotypes previously associated with susceptibility to MS...
- A genome-wide association study for celiac disease identifies risk variants in the region harboring IL2 and IL21David A van Heel
Centre for Gastroenterology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Queen Mary University of London, London E1 2AT, UK
Nat Genet 39:827-9. 2007..3 x 10(-14), odds ratio = 0.63), suggesting that genetic variation in this region predisposes to celiac disease...
- The human IL-2 gene promoter can assemble a positioned nucleosome that becomes remodeled upon T cell activationJoanne L Attema
Division of Molecular Bioscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
J Immunol 169:2466-76. 2002....
- Lack of association between -384 and 114 IL-2 gene polymorphisms and rheumatoid arthritisMaria Fedetz
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, Granada, Spain
J Rheumatol 30:435-7. 2003To investigate the association of 2 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) at positions -384 and 114 in the human interleukin 2 (IL-2) gene with susceptibility to and severity of rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Unraveling the structure of IL-2J F Bazan
Science 257:410-3. 1992
- The interleukin-2 and interleukin-4 receptors studied by molecular modellingP Bamborough
Oxford Centre for Molecular Science, Physical Chemistry Laboratory, UK
Structure 2:839-51. 1994..They are therefore of interest as transmembrane signalling proteins, as well as potential pharmaceutical targets...
- Amino acid sequence and post-translational modification of human interleukin 2R J Robb
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:6486-90. 1984Human interleukin 2 was separated into multiple molecular forms by selective immunoaffinity chromatography and chromatofocusing...
- Characterization of the pulmonary lesions induced in rats by human recombinant interleukin-2J Zhang
Pathology Section, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1518, USA
Toxicol Pathol 23:653-66. 1995..to endothelial cells in capillaries and venules, marked interstitial infiltration by cytotoxic T lymphocytes, lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells (as demonstrated by cell counting in preparations ..
- Investigations of cytokine production in whole blood cultures of paranoid and residual schizophrenic patientsI Wilke
Institute of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, , Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 246:279-84. 1996..In summary, our data reinforce the possibility of immune dysfunction in schizophrenia and point to the possible relevance of disease subgroups in this respect...
- Halothane inhibits T cell proliferation and interleukin-2 receptor expression in ratsJ G Hamra
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego, LaJolla 92093-0818, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:323-36. 1996..These results suggest that halothane suppresses rat T cell function, perhaps through suppression of IL-2 receptor expression...
- Serum levels of interleukins 2, 6 and 8, soluble interleukin-2 receptor and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 during treatment with interleukin-2 plus interferon-alfaM S Vuoristo
Department of Oncology, Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:337-54. 1996..Thus, no definite conclusions could be drawn. However, it seems worthwhile to measure IL-2, sIL-2R and sICAM-1 during immunotherapy; their prognostic value should be further evaluated in a larger patient population...
- Effects of cytokines on oxygen radical production by peripheral blood monocytes and alveolar macrophages in patients with lung cancerY Tohda
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Tumori 82:382-5. 1996..The results suggest that stimulation of macrophages by interleukin-2, tumor necrosis factor-alpha or interferon-gamma can exert an antitumor action in patients with lung cancer...
- Potentiation of inhaled staphylococcal enterotoxin B-induced toxicity by lipopolysaccharide in miceR D LeClaire
Toxinology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Frederick, Maryland 21702 5011, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:619-26. 1996..Temporal responses of interleukin 1 alpha, tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin 2, and interferon-gamma evoked by inhaled SEB were enhanced by LPS...
- Garlic extracts stimulate proliferation of rat lymphocytes in vitro by increasing IL-2 and IL-4 productionM Colic
Institute of Medical Research, Military Medical Academy, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:163-81. 2000..The effect correlated with upregulation of the Interleukin 2 receptor alpha (IL-2R alpha) expression and the increase in IL-2 production...
- Investigation of the influence of maternal infection with Wuchereria bancrofti on the humoral and cellular responses of neonates to filarial antigensW L Hitch
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 91:461-9. 1997..Based on these limited responses to filarial antigens, few neonates display evidence of in-utero sensitization to filarial antigens...
- In vitro treatment with interleukin-2 normalizes type-1 cytokine production by lymphocytes from elderlyD Lio
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:195-203. 2000..Present and previous results suggest that rIL-2 completely restores Type 1 responses by overcoming the well known costimulation deficit of aged lymphocytes...
- Cytokine pattern secretion by murine spleen cells after inactivated Candida albicans immunization. Effect of cocaine and morphine treatmentI A Casalinuovo
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, Microbiology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 22:35-48. 2000..The results showed that non-viable Candida cells of this strain induce a predominant Th0 response. This immune effect is in part impaired only by a subchronic administration of morphine...
- Effects of glyburide-cyclosporin A interaction on interleukin-2 production in ratsG Sireci
Institute of General Pathology, University of Palermo, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 21:583-98. 1999....
- [Serum adenosine deaminase as a parameter for activity in sarcoidosis]E Wetzel
Krankenanstalt, , Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus,
Pneumologie 53:323-8. 1999..In comparison to the other parameters, measurement of the serum ADA indicates a greater discrimination between active and inactive disease...
- Inducing a cell-mediated immune response against peptides of the Plasmodium vivax circumsporozoite proteinB E Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:573-86. 2001..vivax sporozoites...
- [Spinach powder-induced exogenous allergic alveolitis]J Schreiber
Forschungszentrum Borstel, Medizinische Klinik
Pneumologie 52:61-5. 1998..24 hours after exposure bronchoalveolar lavage showed an increase of neutrophils. In lung parenchyma mononuclear interstitial infiltrates and an epitheloid cell granuloma were seen...
- Modulation of the interleukin 2 receptor by maternal and cord blood serumY E Vanderbeeken
Department of Immunology, Hospital St-Pierre, Brussels, Belgium
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:211-36. 1990..However, at physiological concentrations of IgG, the Interleukin 2 receptor downregulation becomes irreversible.
- Neuroleptic treatment increases soluble IL-2 receptors and decreases soluble IL-6 receptors in schizophreniaN Muller
Psychiatric Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 247:308-13. 1997..This suggests that neuroleptic therapy has a differentiated immunomodulatory effect...
- [Study on cellular immunity in children with respiratory syncytial virus associated acute lower respiratory infection]Z Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan 430030
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:263-6. 1997..These results suggested that human body had a functional disturbance in cellular immunity when infected with RSV...
- Histamine and cytokine therapyK Hellstrand
Department of Virology, , Sweden
Acta Oncol 37:347-53. 1998..The potential benefit of histamine therapy in melanoma and AML will be evaluated in randomized trials...
- Enhancement of human T lymphocyte function by prothymosin alpha: increased production of interleukin-2 and expression of interleukin-2 receptors in normal human peripheral blood T lymphocytesC N Baxevanis
Department of Immunology, Hellenic Anticancer Institute, Athens, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:595-617. 1990..These data provide the basis for understanding the in vitro immunoenhancing effects of ProT alpha in cellular immune systems...
- Correlation of serum interleukin-2 levels, soluble interleukin-2 receptors and T lymphocyte subsets in cancer patientsP Lissoni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale San Gerardo, Monza, Milano, Italy
Tumori 76:14-7. 1990..These results would suggest that metastatic dissemination is associated with a decreased IL-2 production in vivo, and that reduced IL-2 production is more frequent in patients with low CD4/CD8 ratio...
- Re-infection in human schistosomiasis mansoni: a prospective field study 18 months after praziquantel therapyK Zwingenberger
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 84:457-65. 1990..Both soluble CD8 antigen and interleukin 2 receptor in patients' sera were significantly elevated throughout the study period...
- Interleukin 1 and interferon-gamma: cytokines that provide reciprocal regulation of macrophage and T cell functionR M Schultz
Department of Immunology Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285
Toxicol Pathol 15:333-7. 1987..induces activation and replication of several subsets of precursor lymphocytes, including cytotoxic T cells, lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells, and natural killer (NK) cells, and enhances their cytotoxic activity for tumor ..
- Immunohistochemical demonstration of subclasses of inflammatory cells and active, collagen-producing fibroblasts in the synovial plicae of lumbar facet jointsY T Konttinen
Fourth Department of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Central Hospital, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:387-90. 1990....
- Circulating soluble IL-2 receptor levels are low in patients with hypothyroid autoimmune thyroiditisA Loviselli
Institute of Internal Medicine, University of Cagliari, Italy
Horm Metab Res 26:548-51. 1994..In our report we studied circulating soluble interleukin 2 receptors in 22 patients with hypothyroid autoimmune thyroiditis before L-thyroxine treatment and when the ..
- Enhancement of methotrexate cytotoxicity by modulation of proliferative activity in normal and neoplastic T lymphocytes and in a myeloid leukemia cell lineC Ciaiolo
Amedeo di Savoia Hospital, Turin, Italia
Tumori 74:537-42. 1988..The truth of this hypothesis was investigated by studying the effect of phytohemagglutinin and/or interleukin 2 on the sensitivity to methotrexate (MTX) of normal T lymphocytes and of lymphoblasts of a patient with acute T-..
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Recent developments and the potential expansion of the donor poolH G Prentice
Bone Marrow Transplant Programme, Royal Free Hospital and Medical School, Hampstead, England
Acta Oncol 27:567-70. 1988..Of further interest will be the potential for application of lymphokines (e.g. IL2) without increasing the risk of lethal graft versus host disease...
- The effect of interferon on activated peripheral blood T lymphocytes in patients with chronic active hepatitis BM Raptopoulou-Gigi
2nd Medical Department, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:577-88. 1994..These results confirm the immunomodulatory effect of interferon and reflect the effect of treatment in the management of the disease...
- Suppressive and enhancing effect of T-2 toxin on murine lymphocyte activation and interleukin 2 productionP S Holt
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Veterinary Toxicology and Entomology Research Laboratory, College Station, Texas 77841
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:365-85. 1988..shown previously to exert potent immunosuppressive effects, was examined for its effects on activation and interleukin 2 (IL 2) production by murine and rat splenocytes...
- Plasma-soluble interleukin-2 and transferrin receptor in schizophrenia and major depressionM Maes
University Department of Psychiatry, AZ Stuivenberg, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:325-9. 1995..It is suggested that schizophrenia and major depression are characterized by immune disorders that may indicate activation of cell-mediated immunity such as T-cell activation...
- Modulating effects on CD25 and CD71 antigen expression by lectin-stimulated T lymphocytes in the elderlyS Antonaci
University of Bari Medical Faculty, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:87-100. 1991..observations outline that the impaired T lymphocyte proliferative capacity in the elderly is due to a reduced interleukin 2 (IL-2) release...
- Decreased serum interleukin-2 level in patients with chronic headacheT Shimomura
Division of Neurology, Tottori University Faculty of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Headache 31:310-3. 1991..The decreased serum IL-2 level, observed in this study, might reflect a reduction in 5-HT or catecholamine levels in CNS in the patients with migraine or TH...
- Sodium aurothiomalate inhibits T cell responses to interleukin-2M Harth
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, University Hospital, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:141-56. 1988..These effects of SATM may explain some of the conflicting data in the literature on T cell responses to IL-2 in rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and suggest a possible mechanism of action for the drug in the treatment of RA...
- Evaluation of cellular immune responses and soluble mediators in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (cHCV) infectionE Jirillo
Faculty of Medicine, University of Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:347-64. 1995..In conclusion, the overall results indicate a condition of peripheral immune depression in cHCV patients with an exaggerated shedding of various mediators endowed with noxious effects for the host...
- Mechanism of phosphatidylserine-induced inhibition of interleukin 2 synthesis in the human T cell line JurkatP Claudette
, INSERM U210, , Pasteur) Nice, France
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:633-45. 1990....
- Serum levels of cytokines and soluble cytokine receptors in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma or malignant melanoma receiving IL-2/interferon-alpha combination therapyS D Fossa
Department of Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Acta Oncol 34:599-603. 1995..In most patients the increase of sIL-2R and sTNFRs lasted for at least 3 weeks after treatment discontinuation. The clinical significance of the increase remains unknown...
- Increased level of soluble interleukin-2 receptor in advanced solid tumors: a preliminary studyF Rovelli
Laboratorio di Radioimmunologia, Ospedale San Gerardo, Milano, Italia
Tumori 74:633-7. 1988..Further studies will be needed to establish if elevated concentrations of IL-2R in the serum can contribute to the immunoincompetence of patients with disseminated solid neoplasms...
- Immunoendocrine aspects of major depression. Relationships between plasma interleukin-6 and soluble interleukin-2 receptor, prolactin and cortisolM Maes
CRC-MH, Department of Psychiatry, AZ Stuivenberg, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 245:172-8. 1995..There were also significant positive correlations between plasma prolactin and sIL-2R concentrations in major depressed subjects and in the combined groups of normal and major depressed subjects...
- [Sarcoidosis of the lung: clinical course and inflammatory activity]M Schmidt
Pneumologie 49:226-32. 1995..Hence, acute lymphocytic inflammation is a favourable prognostic sign and should not prompt premature treatment with cortisone...
- Intracavitary administration of interleukin-2 as palliative therapy for neoplastic effusionsP Lissoni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale S. Gerardo, Monza, Milano, Italy
Tumori 78:118-20. 1992..No important toxicity was seen. This preliminary study showed that low dose IL-2 given intracavitarily is an effective and well-tolerated therapy in patients with neoplastic effusions...
- Mechanism of action of prothymosin alpha in the human autologous mixed lymphocyte responseC N Baxevanis
Department of Immunology, Hellenic Anticancer Institute, Athens, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:443-61. 1988..In addition, ProT alpha-sup did not demonstrate any detectable interleukin 1 (IL 1) or interleukin 2 (IL 2) - like activity...
- Peripheral blood and tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in non-small cell lung cancer: analysis at the population and clonal levelM Viale
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Laboratorio di Farmacologia, Genova, Italy
Tumori 76:488-94. 1990..Moreover, most PBL- and TIL-derived clones released tumor necrosis factor alpha in response to mitogen stimulation...
- Histamine blocks interleukin 2 (IL-2) gene expression and regulates IL-2 receptor expressionA R Rezai
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, UCLA School of Medicine 90024
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 12:345-62. 1990..In addition, histamine seems to exert immunomodulating effects on IL-2 receptor expression, particularly in those individuals with AIDS-KS...
- [Monitoring sarcoidosis therapy with immunopathologic parameters]J Muller-Quernheim
III Med Klinik, Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz
Pneumologie 48:47-9. 1994..Bronchoalveolar lavage yields different cytological patterns typical for the acute and chronic forms of the disease permitting the identification of the subpopulation on risk for functional deterioration...
- Effect of cytokines on cytosolic-free calcium in human platelets from essential hypertensivesM Tepel
, , Germany
Am J Hypertens 6:660-6. 1993..Erythropoietin (EPO) and interleukin 2 significantly increased platelet [Ca2+]i, whereas platelet-derived growth factor, and fibroblast growth factor ..
- Subcutaneous low-dose interleukin-2 plus alpha interferon in advanced malignant melanomaF de Braud
Divisione di Oncologia Medica B, Istituto Nazionale per la Cura e lo Studio dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Tumori 79:187-90. 1993..The good patient compliance makes this schedule eligible to evaluate whether IL-2 plus rIFN-alpha can enhance the results of chemotherapy in this disease...
Research Grants154 found, 100 shown here
- DCTD Biopharmaceutical DevelopmentLARRY ARTHUR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The BDP scientific staff members continued to be active within the extramural community, serving on academic faculties and advisory committees, and presenting scientific findings at national and international meetings. ..
- DCTD Biopharmaceutical Development - Type 1 Diabetes RAID projectsLARRY ARTHUR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The BDP scientific staff members continued to be active within the extramural community, serving on academic faculties and advisory committees, and presenting scientific findings at national and international meetings. ..
- DCTD Biopharmaceutical DevelopmentDavid Heimbrook; Fiscal Year: 2011..The BDP scientific staff members continued to be active within the extramural community, serving on academic faculties and advisory committees, and presenting scientific findings at national and international meetings. ..
- DCTD Biopharmaceutical DevelopmentDavid Heimbrook; Fiscal Year: 2012
- DCTD Biopharmaceutical DevelopmentDavid Heimbrook; Fiscal Year: 2013
- DCTD Biopharmaceutical DevelopmentLARRY ARTHUR; Fiscal Year: 2010
- T1D:Investigating the Gut Microbiome, Urinary Proteome and MetabolomeRamana Madupu; Fiscal Year: 2011..We propose to study the complex interplay of environmental, immunological and genetic factors to discover molecular signatures with a potential to advance clinical diagnosis and therapy at or before the onset of T1D. ..
- Nebraska/Kansas Blood and Marrow Transplant Research NetworkJULIE MARIE VOSE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The BMT/CTN including our consortium will be the only clinical cooperative group to accomplish this goal. ..
- Neuroimaging abnormalities in major depressive disorder: effect of inflammationJonathan Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Immune modulators of inflammation in servere COPDFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2010..is enriched with T helper type 1 (Th1) cells, CD4+ and CD8+ T lymphocytes that secrete cytokines such as interleukin 2 (IL-2), and interferon gamma (IFN?)...
- Structural basis of Jak3-mediated interleukin-2 family signal transductionTITUS JONATHON BOGGON; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will directly impact healthcare stimulating the development of improved immunomodulatory and anti-proliferative therapies and by enhancing molecular-level understanding of cytokine signaling pathways. ..
- Novel Nanopolymers to Inhibit Angiogenesis and Increase the Anti-tumor ImmunityMANUEL L contact PENICHET; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Novel Nanopolymers to Inhibit Angiogenesis and Increase the Anti-tumor ImmunityManuel L Penichet; Fiscal Year: 2013..A novel nanobiopolymer-based therapy against HER2/neu expressing cancer cells with sufficient capacity to inhibit angiogenesis and orchestrate an anti-tumor immune response should make a significant clinical impact. ..
- Novel Nanopolymers to Inhibit Angiogenesis and Increase the Anti-tumor ImmunityManuel L Penichet; Fiscal Year: 2013..A novel nanobiopolymer-based therapy against HER2/neu expressing cancer cells with sufficient capacity to inhibit angiogenesis and orchestrate an anti-tumor immune response should make a significant clinical impact. ..
- New Strategies to Prevent Death from InfluenzaKendall A Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, this research effort will provide the foundation for the development of a universal approach to the prevention and treatment of one of the world's most dangerous microbes, one that kills hundreds of thousands yearly. ..
- Role of MEK1 in T cell function in asthmaRafeul Alam; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposal is important because it addresses the mechanism of persistence of airway inflammation in asthma. The results of this study will lead to the development of novel therapeutic modalities for asthma. ..
- The Role of EOS in Regulatory T-cell Biology.Drew M Pardoll; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal explore mechanism of Eos dependent Gene silencing and test the hypothesis that regulation of Eos is an important mechanism to control the regulatory T cell/ effector T cell balance in immunity. ..
- THC impairment of CD4/CD8 T cell-mediated host resistance to HIV and influenzaNorbert E Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project assesses the consequences of cannabis on immunity against HIV and the common pathogen, influenza, which afflicts immune compromised individuals at a higher incidence. ..
- THC impairment of CD4/CD8 T cell-mediated host resistance to HIV and influenzaNorbert Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project assesses the consequences of cannabis on immunity against HIV and the common pathogen, influenza, which afflicts immune compromised individuals at a higher incidence. ..
- THC impairment of CD4/CD8 T cell-mediated host resistance to HIV and influenzaNORBERT EDWARD KAMINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project assesses the consequences of cannabis on immunity against HIV and the common pathogen, influenza, which afflicts immune compromised individuals at a higher incidence. ..
- The Role of EOS in Regulatory T-cell Biology.Drew M Pardoll; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- VEGI-192 As An Anticancer Therapeutic AgentLUYUAN LI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Genetic and Functional Analysis of IL-2 Deficiency in Lupus-Prone MiceZhiwei Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our design of this project aims at identifying the gene responsible for the IL-2 deficiency and elucidating its roles in lupus pathogenesis, which will contribute to discovering a new therapeutic target for lupus treatment. ..
- Genetic and Functional Analysis of IL-2 Deficiency in Lupus-Prone MiceZhiwei Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our design of this project aims at identifying the gene responsible for the IL-2 deficiency and elucidating its roles in lupus pathogenesis, which will contribute to discovering a new therapeutic target for lupus treatment. ..
- Mechanisms of invariant NKT cell-mediated in vivo anti-tumor responsesHamid Bassiri; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Bridging Pediatric and Adult Biomarkers of Graft-Versus-Host-DiseaseJamie L Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultimately, we propose the discovery of a GVHD-specific drug to increase efficacy and lower toxicity. ..
- THC impairment of CD4/CD8 T cell-mediated host resistance to HIV and influenzaNorbert E Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Interferon actions and autoimmune disordersMichael David; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) is powerful mitogen for T cells, and its production is a hallmark of T cell activation...
- Development of Intestinal Immune Regulation in Human InfantsJOERN HENDRIK WEITKAMP; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will help identify patients at highest risk and provide the basis for the development of treatments to prevent or ameliorate this, often fatal, disease. ..
- Role of BCL11B in CD4+ T CellsDorina Avram; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, these studies will enhance our understanding of the transcriptional control of late stages of T cell development and mature CD4 T cell function, and have important implications for autoimmune diseases. ..
- MOLECULAR ENGINEERING OF IL-2 FOR THE TREATMENT AND PREVENTION OF TYPE I DIABETESAARON MICHAEL RING; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, through these multidisciplinary and translational studies, we will advance new candidate T1D therapies for clinical development. ! ..
- MOLECULAR ENGINEERING OF IL-2 FOR THE TREATMENT AND PREVENTION OF TYPE I DIABETESAARON MICHAEL RING; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, through these multidisciplinary and translational studies, we will advance new candidate T1D therapies for clinical development. ! ..
- Development of Intestinal Immune Regulation in Human InfantsJOERN HENDRIK WEITKAMP; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal develops novel translational approaches to identify cellular and molecular targets for reducing the pathologic host immune response in NEC and to detect infants at highest risk of this devastating disease. ..
- Pathophysiology of Adult T-cell Leukemia/LymphomaUTPAL P DAVE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our aims are well-timed and can have a significant impact on a disease that is universally fatal upon diagnosis and advance our understanding of JAK3's role in T-cell neoplasia. ..
- Regulatory T Cell-Deficient Mouse Model Rapidly Develops Sjogren's SyndromeShyr Te Ju; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study should identify new and useful models for Sjogren's syndrome research. It should identify new mechanism(s) for the pathogenesis of the disease and provide potential treatment of the disease. ..
- Early Environmental Hygiene and Pediatric AsthmaChristine C Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..If factors associated with animal or endotoxin contact are related to asthma risk, such factors would likely lend themselves to public health interventions. ..
- Signal transduction and gene induction in lymphocytesAnjana Rao; Fiscal Year: 2012..We expect to identify new regulatory proteins that will provide novel therapies for autoimmunity and other important diseases. ..
- The Role of Interleukin-2 in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell HomeostasisLucile E Wrenshall; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is of great significance to public health, given the prevalence of cardiovascular disease in the United States. ..
- Interleukin-2 and autoimmune diseaseAbul K Abbas; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will also analyze the mechanisms of the autoimmune disease caused by the absence of IL-2, and determine if different amounts and duration of IL-2 administration can be used to differentially activate effector cells and Treg. ..
- Inflammation Pathways in Breast CancerMargaret M Madeleine; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cytokine genes are expressed at different levels in older compared to younger women;therefore, we will also evaluate their contribution to breast cancer risk by levels of common exposures such as obesity and HRT use. ..
- The Role of Interleukin-2 in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell HomeostasisLucile E Wrenshall; Fiscal Year: 2011..The proposed research is of great significance to public health, given the prevalence of cardiovascular disease in the United States. ..
- The Role of KIR and FcR Genotype in the Efficacy of mAb and IL2 ImmunotherapyPaul M Sondel; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR AND T LYMPHOCYTE GROWTHTHOMAS MALEK; Fiscal Year: 1999b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) is a key growth factor for the clonal expansion of antigen activated T lymphocytes whose biological activity is mediated by binding to the high affinity IL-2 receptor (IL-2R), comprised of 3 subunits, alpha, beta and ..
- Signal transduction and gene induction in lymphocytesAnjana Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Adoptive Transfer of MART-1 TCR Engineered Cells after a Myelodepleting RegimenAntoni Ribas; Fiscal Year: 2011..In summary, we propose to test tumor antigen-specific TCR transgenic cell adoptive transfer in a bench-tobedside and bedside-to-bench clinical research project. ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR ANALYSIS OF G PROTEIN FUNCTIONCatherine H Berlot; Fiscal Year: 2010..the small molecule, 1 gallein, leads to increased T cell receptor (TCR)-stimulated production of the cytokine, interleukin 2 (IL-2) in CD4+ T cells...
- Arginine Availability, Modulated by MDSC, Regulates T Cell Function in CancerAugusto C Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2011..Cancer vaccines and cytokines can be an important therapeutic approach for patients whose tumors have failed standard forms of treatment. ..
- Re-activating Memory T Cells in the Microenvironment of Human TumorsRichard B Bankert; Fiscal Year: 2011..These studies are expected to lay the foundation for the design of strategies that can be used to enhance the efficacy of our current cancer vaccination clinical trials. ..
- Arginine Availability, Modulated by MDSC, Regulates T Cell Function in CancerAugusto C Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cancer vaccines and cytokines can be an important therapeutic approach for patients whose tumors have failed standard forms of treatment. ..
- Manipulation of Immune Responsiveness after Hematopoietic Cell TransplantationROBERT JON SOIFFER; Fiscal Year: 2013..PROJECT/PERFORMANGE SITE(S) (if additional space is needed, use Project/Perfonnance Site Fonnat Page) ..
- Expression profiling of renal cell carcinoma utilizing tissue from CALGB 90206Hyung L Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Expression profiling of renal cell carcinoma utilizing tissue from CALGB 90206Hyung L Kim; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR ANALYSIS OF G PROTEIN FUNCTIONCatherine H Berlot; Fiscal Year: 2013..the small molecule, 1 gallein, leads to increased T cell receptor (TCR)-stimulated production of the cytokine, interleukin 2 (IL-2) in CD4+ T cells...
- DESIGN OF MULTIMERIC INTERLEUKIN-2 RECEPTOR ECTODOMAINSThomas Ciardelli; Fiscal Year: 1999..4. To obtain detailed structure-activity data on these complexes by co-crystallizing them with IL-2 and determining their X-ray structures to high resolution. ..
- DESIGN OF MULTIMERIC INTERLEUKIN-2 RECEPTOR ECTODOMAINSThomas Ciardelli; Fiscal Year: 2000..4. To obtain detailed structure-activity data on these complexes by co-crystallizing them with IL-2 and determining their X-ray structures to high resolution. ..
- INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR & T LYMPHOCYTE GROWTHTHOMAS MALEK; Fiscal Year: 1992b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) is the major growth factor for T lymphocytes and plays a critical role in the regulation of specific immune responses...
- THE INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR & T LYMPHOCYTE GROWTHTHOMAS MALEK; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) is the major growth factor for T lymphocytes and plays a critical role in the regulation of specific immune responses...
- THE INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR & T LYMPHOCYTE GROWTHTHOMAS MALEK; Fiscal Year: 1991b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) is the major growth factor for T lymphocytes and plays a critical role in the regulation of specific immune responses...
- INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR AND T LYMPHOCYTE GROWTHTHOMAS MALEK; Fiscal Year: 1990
- Structural basis of Jak3-mediated interleukin-2 family signal transductionTITUS BOGGON; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will directly impact healthcare stimulating the development of improved immunomodulatory and anti-proliferative therapies and by enhancing molecular-level understanding of cytokine signaling pathways. ..
- Structural basis of Jak3-mediated interleukin-2 family signal transductionTITUS BOGGON; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will directly impact healthcare stimulating the development of improved immunomodulatory and anti-proliferative therapies and by enhancing molecular-level understanding of cytokine signaling pathways. ..
- Bifunctional T cell receptor based immunotherapeuticsHing C Wong; Fiscal Year: 2010..This may lead to a safe and effective approach to treat patients with refractory, metastatic cancer. ..
- Bifunctional T cell receptor based immunotherapeuticsHing Wong; Fiscal Year: 2009..This may lead to a safe and effective approach to treat patients with refractory, metastatic cancer. ..
- CANCER THERAPY WITH ACTIVATED NATURAL KILLER CELLSRonald Herberman; Fiscal Year: 1999..efficacy of lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells when administered in combination with high dose interleukin 2 (IL2), and the demonstration that most LAK activity is attributable to IL2-activated NK cells, the therapeutic ..
- CANCER THERAPY WITH ACTIVATED NATURAL KILLER CELLSRonald Herberman; Fiscal Year: 2000..efficacy of lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells when administered in combination with high dose interleukin 2 (IL2), and the demonstration that most LAK activity is attributable to IL2-activated NK cells, the therapeutic ..
- RENAL CELL CARCINOMA--ADOPTIVE IMMUNOTHERAPYKURT STENZEL; Fiscal Year: 1990..Methodology and feasibility for on-line activation of lymphoid cells for adoptive immunotherapy will be investigated using a murine tumor model...
- EFFECTS OF PHORBOL ESTERS ON LYMPHOCYTE STIMULATIONAndrea Mastro; Fiscal Year: 1990..Mitogenic lectins along with macro-phages induce production of interleukin 1 (IL1), interleukin 2 (IL2), and their receptors which interact to cause proliferation. These interactions are not well understood...
- ROLE OF T & B CELL STIMULATORY CYTOKINES IN SLECHARLES VIA; Fiscal Year: 1992..In vivo mAb will be given at the onset of GVHD to determine if mAb treatment can block disease development. In later studies, mAb will be delayed until 2 weeks after SLE GVHD induction to determine if established disease can be reversed...
- IMMUNOREGULATION OF ERYTHROPOIESISLee Levitt; Fiscal Year: 1990..assess how triggering CD2 with a defined ligand, or with CD2-activating monoclonal antibodies, modulates T cell growth factor production and erythroid regulation...
- TUMOR SPECIFIC TIL FROM RENAL CANCERArie Belldegrun; Fiscal Year: 1990Systemic administration of recombinant human interleukin 2 (IL 2)-expanded tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) obtained from freshly resected surgical specimens is an experimental approach to adoptive immunotherapy of cancer...
- IL2 RECEPTORS--ANALYSIS OF ASSEMBLY AND SIGNALINGWarner Greene; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Soluble TCR-IL15 Fusions as Targeted Therapeutics for CancerPeter Rhode; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ultimately, this approach may provide a safer and more effective treatment for patients with cancer than the currently approved immunotherapies. ..
- NCI CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR AWARDDavid Peace; Fiscal Year: 1990The lymphokine Interleukin 2 (IL2) was first recognized for its ability to induce the proliferation of T cells activated by antigen or mitogen to express IL2 receptors...
- The Cytoskeleton, Rafts and the Interleukin-2 ReceptorJens Goebel; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- The Cytoskeleton, Rafts and the Interleukin-2 ReceptorJens Goebel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Cytoskeleton, Rafts and the Interleukin-2 ReceptorJens Goebel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..