Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: integrin alpha3
Description: integrin subunit alpha 3
Alias: CD49C, FRP-2, GAP-B3, GAPB3, ILNEB, MSK18, VCA-2, VL3A, VLA3a, integrin alpha-3, CD49 antigen-like family member C, alpha 3 subunit of VLA-3 receptor, antigen CD49C, antigen identified by monoclonal antibody J143, galactoprotein B3, integrin alpha 3, integrin, alpha 3 (antigen CD49C, alpha 3 subunit of VLA-3 receptor), testicular tissue protein Li 96, testicular tissue protein Li 98, very late activation protein 3 receptor, alpha-3 subunit
Products: integrin alpha3
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- Kamoshida G, Matsuda A, Katabami K, Kato T, Mizuno H, Sekine W, et al. Involvement of transcription factor Ets-1 in the expression of the ?3 integrin subunit gene. FEBS J. 2012;279:4535-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ets-1 is involved in transcriptional activation of the ?3 integrin gene through its binding to the Ets-consensus sequence at -133 bp. ..
- Fujiwara H, Kikkawa Y, Sanzen N, Sekiguchi K. Purification and characterization of human laminin-8. Laminin-8 stimulates cell adhesion and migration through alpha3beta1 and alpha6beta1 integrins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17550-8 pubmed..was abolished by an antibody against the integrin beta1 subunit or a combination of antibodies against the integrin alpha3 and alpha6 subunits, but not by either anti-alpha3 or anti-alpha6 antibody alone, suggesting that both ..
- Saito Y, Sekine W, Sano R, Komatsu S, Mizuno H, Katabami K, et al. Potentiation of cell invasion and matrix metalloproteinase production by alpha3beta1 integrin-mediated adhesion of gastric carcinoma cells to laminin-5. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2010;27:197-205 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the production of MMP-9 by MKN1 cells was potentiated by the alpha3beta1 integrin-laminin-5 interaction, which facilitated their invasion via degradation of the matrix...
- Has C, Spartà G, Kiritsi D, Weibel L, Moeller A, Vega Warner V, et al. Integrin ?3 mutations with kidney, lung, and skin disease. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:1508-14 pubmed publisher..The renal and respiratory features predominated, and the lung involvement accounted for the lethal course of the disease. Although skin fragility was mild, it provided clues to the diagnosis...
- Sterk L, Geuijen C, Van Den Berg J, Claessen N, Weening J, Sonnenberg A. Association of the tetraspanin CD151 with the laminin-binding integrins alpha3beta1, alpha6beta1, alpha6beta4 and alpha7beta1 in cells in culture and in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:1161-73 pubmed..These results suggest that the interactions between CD151 and laminin-binding integrins are subject to cell-type-specific regulation. ..
- Wang H, Fu W, Im J, Zhou Z, Santoro S, Iyer V, et al. Tumor cell alpha3beta1 integrin and vascular laminin-5 mediate pulmonary arrest and metastasis. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:935-41 pubmed..The early arrest of tumor cells in the pulmonary vasculature through interaction of alpha3beta1 integrin with LN-5 in exposed BM provides both a molecular and a structural basis for cell arrest during pulmonary metastasis. ..
- Mitsuzuka K, Handa K, Satoh M, Arai Y, Hakomori S. A specific microdomain ("glycosynapse 3") controls phenotypic conversion and reversion of bladder cancer cells through GM3-mediated interaction of alpha3beta1 integrin with CD9. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35545-53 pubmed..We now report that the GM3 level reflects glycosynapse function as follows: (i) a stronger interaction of integrin alpha3 with CD9 in KK47 than in YTS1; (ii) conversion of benign, low motility KK47 to invasive, high motility cells ..
- Behera A, Hildebrand E, Uematsu S, Akira S, Coburn J, Hu L. Identification of a TLR-independent pathway for Borrelia burgdorferi-induced expression of matrix metalloproteinases and inflammatory mediators through binding to integrin alpha 3 beta 1. J Immunol. 2006;177:657-64 pubmed..burgdorferi to integrin alpha(3)beta(1) results in the release of inflammatory mediators and is proposed as a TLR-independent pathway for activation of the innate immune response by the organism...
- Gonzales M, Haan K, Baker S, Fitchmun M, Todorov I, Weitzman S, et al. A cell signal pathway involving laminin-5, alpha3beta1 integrin, and mitogen-activated protein kinase can regulate epithelial cell proliferation. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:259-70 pubmed..We discuss our study in light of recent evidence that LN5 expression is up-regulated at the leading tips of tumors, where it may play a role in tumor cell proliferation. ..
- Yang X, Claas C, Kraeft S, Chen L, Wang Z, Kreidberg J, et al. Palmitoylation of tetraspanin proteins: modulation of CD151 lateral interactions, subcellular distribution, and integrin-dependent cell morphology. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:767-81 pubmed..These results point to novel biochemical and biological functions for tetraspanin palmitoylation. ..
- Fukushi J, Makagiansar I, Stallcup W. NG2 proteoglycan promotes endothelial cell motility and angiogenesis via engagement of galectin-3 and alpha3beta1 integrin. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3580-90 pubmed
- Winterwood N, Varzavand A, Meland M, Ashman L, Stipp C. A critical role for tetraspanin CD151 in alpha3beta1 and alpha6beta4 integrin-dependent tumor cell functions on laminin-5. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2707-21 pubmed..These data show that CD151 plays a critical role in tumor cell responses to laminin-5 and reveal promotion of integrin recycling as a novel potential mechanism whereby CD151 regulates tumor cell migration. ..
- Akula S, Pramod N, Wang F, Chandran B. Integrin alpha3beta1 (CD 49c/29) is a cellular receptor for Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV/HHV-8) entry into the target cells. Cell. 2002;108:407-19 pubmed..Further, HHV-8 infection induced the integrin-mediated activation of focal adhesion kinase (FAK). These findings implicate a role for alpha3beta1 integrin and the associated signaling pathways in HHV-8 entry into the target cells. ..
- Nishiuchi R, Sanzen N, Nada S, Sumida Y, Wada Y, Okada M, et al. Potentiation of the ligand-binding activity of integrin alpha3beta1 via association with tetraspanin CD151. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1939-44 pubmed
- Margadant C, Charafeddine R, Sonnenberg A. Unique and redundant functions of integrins in the epidermis. FASEB J. 2010;24:4133-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we discuss human pathologies associated with altered integrin functions in the epidermis. ..
- Sterk L, Geuijen C, Oomen L, Calafat J, Janssen H, Sonnenberg A. The tetraspan molecule CD151, a novel constituent of hemidesmosomes, associates with the integrin alpha6beta4 and may regulate the spatial organization of hemidesmosomes. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:969-82 pubmed..We suggest that CD151 plays a role in the formation and stability of hemidesmosomes by providing a framework for the spatial organization of the different hemidesmosomal components. ..
- Stipp C, Kolesnikova T, Hemler M. EWI-2 regulates alpha3beta1 integrin-dependent cell functions on laminin-5. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:1167-77 pubmed..These results show how laterally associated EWI-2 might regulate alpha3beta1 function in disease and development, and demonstrate how tetraspanin proteins can assemble multiple nontetraspanin proteins into functional complexes. ..
- Mizuno H, Ogura M, Saito Y, Sekine W, Sano R, Gotou T, et al. Changes in adhesive and migratory characteristics of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells induced by expression of alpha3beta1 integrin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:564-70 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that enhanced expression of alpha3beta1 integrin on HCC cells is directly involved in their malignant phenotypes such as invasion and metastasis. ..
- de Melker A, Sterk L, Delwel G, Fles D, Daams H, Weening J, et al. The A and B variants of the alpha 3 integrin subunit: tissue distribution and functional characterization. Lab Invest. 1997;76:547-63 pubmed..Thus, we found no differences between the adhesion functions of the A and B variants of alpha 3. ..
- Subbaram S, Lyons S, Svenson K, Hammond S, McCabe L, Chittur S, et al. Integrin ?3?1 controls mRNA splicing that determines Cox-2 mRNA stability in breast cancer cells. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:1179-89 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies ?3?1-mediated AEU as a novel paradigm of integrin-dependent gene regulation that has potential for exploitation as a therapeutic target...
- Takada Y, Strominger J, Hemler M. The very late antigen family of heterodimers is part of a superfamily of molecules involved in adhesion and embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:3239-43 pubmed
- Lu Y, Li C, Chen H, Zhong W. Identification of hub genes and analysis of prognostic values in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma by integrated bioinformatics methods. Mol Biol Rep. 2018;45:1799-1807 pubmed publisher..The present study identified hub genes and pathways in PDAC, which may be potential targets for its diagnosis, treatment, and prognostic prediction. ..
- Dallaire F, Blanchette P, Branton P. A proteomic approach to identify candidate substrates of human adenovirus E4orf6-E1B55K and other viral cullin-based E3 ubiquitin ligases. J Virol. 2009;83:12172-84 pubmed publisher..Several species were detected and identified by mass spectroscopy, and for one of these, integrin alpha3, we went on in a parallel study to confirm it as a bone fide substrate of the complex (F. Dallaire et al., J...
- Krishnaswamy V, Balaguru U, Chatterjee S, Korrapati P. Dermatopontin augments angiogenesis and modulates the expression of transforming growth factor beta 1 and integrin alpha 3 beta 1 in endothelial cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2017;96:266-275 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DPT possess vital pro-angiogenic properties and thus retains promising therapeutic values in managing chronic wounds and cancer. ..
- Lerman Y, Lim K, Hyun Y, Falkner K, Yang H, Pietropaoli A, et al. Sepsis lethality via exacerbated tissue infiltration and TLR-induced cytokine production by neutrophils is integrin Î±3Î²1-dependent. Blood. 2014;124:3515-23 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report that integrin Î±3Î²1 (VLA-3; CD49c/CD29) is dramatically upregulated on neutrophils isolated from both human septic patients and in mouse models of ..
- Tan A, Alegre AguarÃ³n E, O Connell G, VandenBerg C, Aaron R, Vunjak Novakovic G, et al. Passage-dependent relationship between mesenchymal stem cell mobilization and chondrogenic potential. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015;23:319-27 pubmed publisher..Over four passages of SDSCs, we measured the expression of cell surface markers (CD31, CD34, CD49c, CD73) and assessed their migratory potential in response to applied direct current (DC) electric field...
- Rettig W, Dracopoli N, Goetzger T, Spengler B, Biedler J, Oettgen H, et al. Somatic cell genetic analysis of human cell surface antigens: chromosomal assignments and regulation of expression in rodent-human hybrid cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:6437-41 pubmed..The rapidly expanding list of monoclonal antibodies defining human cell surface molecules provides a range of markers to probe the genetic regulation of antigen diversity in somatic cells. ..
- Sawada K, Toyoda M, Kaneyama N, Shiraiwa S, Moriya H, Miyatake H, et al. Upregulation of ?3?1-Integrin in Podocytes in Early-Stage Diabetic Nephropathy. J Diabetes Res. 2016;2016:9265074 pubmed publisher..Conclusions. The results suggested that podocyte detachment during early stage of DN is mediated through upregulation of ?3?1-integrin. ..
- Edick M, Tesfay L, Lamb L, Knudsen B, Miranti C. Inhibition of integrin-mediated crosstalk with epidermal growth factor receptor/Erk or Src signaling pathways in autophagic prostate epithelial cells induces caspase-independent death. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2481-90 pubmed..Suppression of autophagy is sufficient to induce caspase activation and apoptosis in LM5-adherent primary prostate epithelial cells. ..
- de Jesus Perez V, Yuan K, Orcholski M, Sawada H, Zhao M, Li C, et al. Loss of adenomatous poliposis coli-α3 integrin interaction promotes endothelial apoptosis in mice and humans. Circ Res. 2012;111:1551-64 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that decreased APC may be a cause of increased risk or severity of PH in genetically susceptible individuals. ..
- Fiscon G, Conte F, Paci P. SWIM tool application to expression data of glioblastoma stem-like cell lines, corresponding primary tumors and conventional glioma cell lines. BMC Bioinformatics. 2018;19:436 pubmed publisher..We suggest FOSL1 as novel putative therapeutic and prognostic biomarker, worthy of further investigation. ..
- Yoshizawa S, Brown A, Barchowsky A, Sfeir C. Role of magnesium ions on osteogenic response in bone marrow stromal cells. Connect Tissue Res. 2014;55 Suppl 1:155-9 pubmed publisher..increased mRNA expression of collagen type X and insulin-like growth factor 2, and decreased expression of integrin alpha 3 in the presence of 10â€‰mM MgSO4...
- He Y, Thriene K, Boerries M, Hausser I, Franzke C, Busch H, et al. Constitutional absence of epithelial integrin α3 impacts the composition of the cellular microenvironment of ILNEB keratinocytes. Matrix Biol. 2018;74:62-76 pubmed publisher..Integrin α3 deficiency leads to interstitial lung disease, nephrotic syndrome and epidermolysis bullosa (ILNEB), an autosomal recessive multiorgan disease characterized by basement membrane abnormalities in skin, lung and ..
- Fornaro M, Languino L. Alternatively spliced variants: a new view of the integrin cytoplasmic domain. Matrix Biol. 1997;16:185-93 pubmed
- Chandrasekaran L, He C, Al Barazi H, Krutzsch H, Iruela Arispe M, Roberts D. Cell contact-dependent activation of alpha3beta1 integrin modulates endothelial cell responses to thrombospondin-1. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2885-900 pubmed..Therefore, recognition of immobilized TSP1 by alpha3beta1 integrin may stimulate endothelial cell proliferation and angiogenesis. Peptides that inhibit this interaction are a novel class of angiogenesis inhibitors. ..
- de Nigris F, Botti C, Rossiello R, Crimi E, Sica V, Napoli C. Cooperation between Myc and YY1 provides novel silencing transcriptional targets of alpha3beta1-integrin in tumour cells. Oncogene. 2007;26:382-94 pubmed..YY1 regulated negatively the Myc activity through a direct interaction with the Myc/Max and deacetylase complexes. This represents a novel silencing mechanism with broad implications in the transcription machinery of tumours. ..
- Akimov S, Krylov D, Fleischman L, Belkin A. Tissue transglutaminase is an integrin-binding adhesion coreceptor for fibronectin. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:825-38 pubmed..Together our results demonstrate that tissue transglutaminase mediates the interaction of integrins with fibronectin, thereby acting as an integrin-associated coreceptor to promote cell adhesion and spreading. ..
- Oh J, Kook J, Min B. Beta ig-h3 induces keratinocyte differentiation via modulation of involucrin and transglutaminase expression through the integrin alpha3beta1 and the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21629-37 pubmed..Lastly, it was observed that beta ig-h3-mediated keratinocyte differentiation was caused by promotion of cell adhesion and not by calcium regulation. ..
- Kim S, Cho Y, Kim H, Oh J, Ahn E, Ko H, et al. Antagonism of VEGF-A-induced increase in vascular permeability by an integrin ?3?1-Shp-1-cAMP/PKA pathway. Blood. 2012;120:4892-902 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the potential utility for TIMP-2 in cancer therapy through "normalization" of vascular permeability in addition to previously described antiangiogenic effects. ..
- Borza C, Pozzi A, Borza D, Pedchenko V, Hellmark T, Hudson B, et al. Integrin alpha3beta1, a novel receptor for alpha3(IV) noncollagenous domain and a trans-dominant Inhibitor for integrin alphavbeta3. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20932-9 pubmed..Thus integrin alpha3beta1, in conjunction with integrin alphavbeta3, modulates cellular responses to the alpha3NC1 domain, which may be pivotal in the mechanism underpinning its anti-angiogenic and anti-tumorigenic activities. ..
- Brown A, Dysart M, Clarke K, STABENFELDT S, Barker T. Integrin Î±3Î²1 Binding to Fibronectin Is Dependent on the Ninth Type III Repeat. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:25534-47 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that the presence and spacing of the RGD and synergy sites modulate integrin Î±3Î²1 binding to Fn. ..
- Romanska H, Potemski P, Kusinska R, Kopczynski J, Sadej R, Kordek R. Expression of CD151/Tspan24 and integrin alpha 3 complex in aid of prognostication of HER2-negative high-grade ductal carcinoma in situ. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:9471-8 pubmed..Expression of the CD151/alpha3beta1 complex in HER2-negative DCIS might reflect tumor behavior relevant to the patient outcome and thus might aid prognostication of the disease. ..
- Wang R, Paraskevas S, Rosenberg L. Characterization of integrin expression in islets isolated from hamster, canine, porcine, and human pancreas. J Histochem Cytochem. 1999;47:499-506 pubmed..In the pancreas of all four species, integrin alpha3 was expressed only on islet cells, and integrin alpha5 was present on islet cells as well as on acinar, ..
- Turner F, Broad S, Khanim F, Jeanes A, Talma S, Hughes S, et al. Slug regulates integrin expression and cell proliferation in human epidermal keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21321-31 pubmed..Despite the reduction in integrin expression and function, we do not observe any increase in differentiation. We do, however, find that activation of Slug results in a significant reduction in keratinocyte proliferation. ..
- Dallaire F, Blanchette P, Groitl P, Dobner T, Branton P. Identification of integrin alpha3 as a new substrate of the adenovirus E4orf6/E1B 55-kilodalton E3 ubiquitin ligase complex. J Virol. 2009;83:5329-38 pubmed publisher..with the E4orf6 protein was a species of molecular mass approximately 130 kDa that was identified as the integrin alpha3 subunit (i.e., very late activation antigen 3 alpha subunit)...
- Kurozumi A, Goto Y, Matsushita R, Fukumoto I, Kato M, Nishikawa R, et al. Tumor-suppressive microRNA-223 inhibits cancer cell migration and invasion by targeting ITGA3/ITGB1 signaling in prostate cancer. Cancer Sci. 2016;107:84-94 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of the molecular pathways modulated by tumor-suppressive miRNAs provides insights into the mechanisms of PCa progression and metastasis. ..
- Ohta H, Tsurudome M, Matsumura H, Koga Y, Morikawa S, Kawano M, et al. Molecular and biological characterization of fusion regulatory proteins (FRPs): anti-FRP mAbs induced HIV-mediated cell fusion via an integrin system. EMBO J. 1994;13:2044-55 pubmed..FRP-mediated fusion was temperature, cytoskeleton, energy and Ca2+ dependent. These experiments showed a possible regulatory function of cell fusion by an integrin system(s). ..
- Challier J, Carbillon L, Kacemi A, Vervelle C, Bintein T, Galtier M, et al. Characterization of first trimester human fetal placental vessels using immunocytochemical markers. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2001;47 Online Pub:OL79-87 pubmed
- Perreault N, Vachon P, Beaulieu J. Appearance and distribution of laminin A chain isoforms and integrin alpha 2, alpha 3, alpha 6, beta 1, and beta 4 subunits in the developing human small intestinal mucosa. Anat Rec. 1995;242:242-50 pubmed
- Rudack C, Langer C, Junker R. Platelet GPIaC807T polymorphism is associated with negative outcome of sudden hearing loss. Hear Res. 2004;191:41-8 pubmed..The single-nucleotide polymorphism of GPIa C807T seems to play a role as a prognostic factor in recovery from sudden hearing loss...
- Rodrigues R, Guo N, Zhou L, Sipes J, Williams S, Templeton N, et al. Conformational regulation of the fibronectin binding and alpha 3beta 1 integrin-mediated adhesive activities of thrombospondin-1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27913-22 pubmed..The conformational and functional regulation of TSP1 activity by fibronectin represents a novel mechanism for extracellular signal transduction. ..
- Nishiuchi R, Murayama O, Fujiwara H, Gu J, Kawakami T, Aimoto S, et al. Characterization of the ligand-binding specificities of integrin alpha3beta1 and alpha6beta1 using a panel of purified laminin isoforms containing distinct alpha chains. J Biochem. 2003;134:497-504 pubmed
- Gokulan K, Cerniglia C, Thomas C, Pineiro S, Khare S. Effects of residual levels of tetracycline on the barrier functions of human intestinal epithelial cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109:253-263 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to evaluate whether residual concentrations of tetracycline impact epithelial cell integrity. ..
- Hadari Y, Arbel Goren R, Levy Y, Amsterdam A, Alon R, Zakut R, et al. Galectin-8 binding to integrins inhibits cell adhesion and induces apoptosis. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 13):2385-97 pubmed..Binding of galectin-8 modulates integrin interactions with the extracellular matrix and thus regulates cell adhesion and cell survival. ..
- Lopes N, Pereira A, Hueb W, Soares P, Lanz J, Gersh B, et al. Effect of glycoprotein IIIa PlA2 polymorphism on outcome of patients with stable coronary artery disease and effect of smoking. Am J Cardiol. 2004;93:1469-72 pubmed..Smokers with the Pl(A2) polymorphism of platelet glycoprotein IIIa are at greater risk for subsequent cardiac events in stable coronary disease. ..
- Chen C, Hwang J, Guh J, Chang J, Lai Y, Chen H. Reduced podocyte expression of alpha3beta1 integrins and podocyte depletion in patients with primary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and chronic PAN-treated rats. J Lab Clin Med. 2006;147:74-82 pubmed..The decreased podocyte expression of alpha3beta1 integrins is closely related with podocyte depletion, glomerular sclerosis, and daily protein loss in patients with primary FSGS. ..
- Stawikowski M, Aukszi B, Stawikowska R, Cudic M, Fields G. Glycosylation modulates melanoma cell ?2?1 and ?3?1 integrin interactions with type IV collagen. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:21591-604 pubmed publisher..Thus, glycosylation of collagen can modulate integrin binding, and levels of glycosylation could be altered by reduction in expression of glycosylation enzymes but most likely not by extracellular deglycosylation activity. ..
- Garrigues H, DeMaster L, Rubinchikova Y, Rose T. KSHV attachment and entry are dependent on ?V?3 integrin localized to specific cell surface microdomains and do not correlate with the presence of heparan sulfate. Virology. 2014;464-465:118-133 pubmed publisher..Reconstitution of cell surface ?V?3 rendered HSG cells highly susceptible to KSHV infection, demonstrating a critical role for ?V?3 in the binding and entry of KSHV that is not shared with other proposed receptors. ..
- Berditchevski F, Chang S, Bodorova J, Hemler M. Generation of monoclonal antibodies to integrin-associated proteins. Evidence that alpha3beta1 complexes with EMMPRIN/basigin/OX47/M6. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:29174-80 pubmed..Among these, 12 antibodies directly recognizing integrin alpha3 or beta1 subunits were eliminated...
- Witz C, Cho S, Montoya Rodriguez I, Schenken R. The alpha(2)beta(1) and alpha(3)beta(1) integrins do not mediate attachment of endometrial cells to peritoneal mesothelium. Fertil Steril. 2002;78:796-803 pubmed..In contrast, ESC and EEC attachment to collagen IV and collagen I, which are present in the submesothelial extracellular matrix, is mediated by beta1 integrins. ..
- Zhu G, Huang C, Qiu Z, Liu J, Zhang Z, Zhao N, et al. Expression and prognostic significance of CD151, c-Met, and integrin alpha3/alpha6 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56:1090-8 pubmed publisherCD151, c-Met, and integrin alpha3/alpha6 are all involved in the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)/c-Met signal pathway, which plays an important role in the malignant progression of tumors...
- Scales T, Jayo A, Obara B, Holt M, Hotchin N, Berditchevski F, et al. ?3?1 integrins regulate CD151 complex assembly and membrane dynamics in carcinoma cells within 3D environments. Oncogene. 2013;32:3965-79 pubmed publisher..These novel findings shed light on the complex crosstalk and switching between receptor complexes in response to different extracellular cues during cell invasion in 3D environments. ..
- Wang H, Jin H, Rapraeger A. Syndecan-1 and Syndecan-4 Capture Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Family Members and the Î±3Î²1 Integrin Via Binding Sites in Their Ectodomains: NOVEL SYNSTATINS PREVENT KINASE CAPTURE AND INHIBIT Î±6Î²4-INTEGRIN-DEPENDENT EPITHELIAL CELL MOTILITY. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:26103-13 pubmed publisher..These novel SSTN peptides are potential therapeutics for carcinomas that depend on these HER2- and EGFR-coupled mechanisms for their invasion and survival. ..
- Techavichit P, Gao Y, Kurenbekova L, Shuck R, Donehower L, Yustein J. Secreted Frizzled-Related Protein 2 (sFRP2) promotes osteosarcoma invasion and metastatic potential. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:869 pubmed
- Lacin S, Vatansever S, Kuscu N, Koyuncu F, Ozbilgin K, Ceylan E. Clomiphene citrate does not affect the secretion of alpha3, alphaV and beta1 integrin molecules during the implantation window in patients with unexplained infertility. Hum Reprod. 2001;16:2305-9 pubmed..However, secretion of alpha(v), beta1 and alpha3 integrin molecules, which might play a role in implantation, was not affected. ..
- Li G, Lubin F, McGee D. alpha3beta1 integrin induced suppression of the Caco-2 epithelial cell IL-1 signaling pathway leading to NF-(kappa)B activation. Cell Immunol. 2004;231:30-9 pubmed..These studies define a novel regulatory mechanism which may be important in the control of IEC cytokine responses during inflammation. ..
- Katabami K, Mizuno H, Sano R, Saito Y, Ogura M, Itoh S, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta1 upregulates transcription of alpha3 integrin gene in hepatocellular carcinoma cells via Ets-transcription factor-binding motif in the promoter region. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2005;22:539-48 pubmed..These results suggest that TGF-beta1 stimulates HepG2 cells to express a higher level of alpha3 integrin by transcriptional upregulation via Ets transcription factors and to exhibit a more invasive phenotype. ..
- Morozevich G, Kozlova N, Preobrazhenskaya M, Ushakova N, Eltsov I, Shtil A, et al. The role of beta1 integrin subfamily in anchorage-dependent apoptosis of breast carcinoma cells differing in multidrug resistance. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2006;71:489-95 pubmed..These data show that activation of beta1-integrin signaling markedly upregulated anoikis of the adenocarcinoma cells. ..
- Yang Y, Zhang Z, Liu Q, Sun Y, Yu J, Xu W. Overexpression of CD151 predicts prognosis in patients with resected gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58990 pubmed publisher..CD151 is positively associated with the invasiveness of HGC, and CD151 or the combination of CD151 and integrin ?3 is a novel marker for predicting the prognosis of HGC patients and may be potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Aggarwal A, Al Rohil R, Batra A, Feustel P, Jones D, DiPersio C. Expression of integrin ?3?1 and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) are positively correlated in human breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:459 pubmed publisher..The findings also suggest that COX2-positive breast carcinomas of various subtypes might be vulnerable to therapeutic strategies that target ?3?1, and that ?3 expression might serve as an independent prognostic biomarker. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang J, Yu W, Zhang X, Wang G, Zhao Z. Dapper homolog 1 alpha suppresses metastasis ability of gastric cancer through inhibiting planar cell polarity pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:81423-81434 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DACT1Î± plays a pivotal role as a potential tumor suppressor in migration and invasion of gastric cancer. DACT1Î± methylation may serve as a biomarker for the prognosis of gastric cancer. ..
- Capmany G, Mart M, Santalo J, Bolton V. Distribution of alpha3, alpha5 and alpha(v) integrin subunits in mature and immature human oocytes. Mol Hum Reprod. 1998;4:951-6 pubmed..In contrast, the homogeneous distribution of alpha(v) throughout the oocyte suggests the existence of cytoplasmic reservoirs of this protein in the oocyte. ..
- Hirosaki T, Mizushima H, Tsubota Y, Moriyama K, Miyazaki K. Structural requirement of carboxyl-terminal globular domains of laminin alpha 3 chain for promotion of rapid cell adhesion and migration by laminin-5. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:22495-502 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that the G3 domain, but not the G4 and G5 domains, of the alpha3 chain is essential for the potent promotion of cell adhesion and motility by laminin-5. ..
- Ammon C, Meyer S, Schwarzfischer L, Krause S, Andreesen R, Kreutz M. Comparative analysis of integrin expression on monocyte-derived macrophages and monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Immunology. 2000;100:364-9 pubmed..By representational difference analysis, we identified CD49c (VLA-3), a member of the beta1-integrin family of adhesion receptors, as differentiation-associated antigen in MO-..
- Künneken K, Pohlentz G, Schmidt Hederich A, Odenthal U, Smyth N, Peter Katalinic J, et al. Recombinant human laminin-5 domains. Effects of heterotrimerization, proteolytic processing, and N-glycosylation on alpha3beta1 integrin binding. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5184-93 pubmed..Further, the laminin-5CCG molecule with the alpha3'LG1-3 chain showed an increased binding affinity for alpha3beta1 integrin, indicating that proteolytic processing of laminin-5 influences its interaction with alpha3beta1 integrin. ..
- Meng Y, Eshghi S, Li Y, Schmidt R, Schaffer D, Healy K. Characterization of integrin engagement during defined human embryonic stem cell culture. FASEB J. 2010;24:1056-65 pubmed publisher..Meng, Y., Eshghi, S., Li, Y. J., Schmidt, R., Schaffer, D. V., Healy, K. E. Characterization of integrin engagement during defined human embryonic stem cell culture. ..
- Wood E, Tamborero S, Mingarro I, Esteve Gassent M. BB0172, a Borrelia burgdorferi outer membrane protein that binds integrin ?3?1. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:3320-30 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a borrelial adhesin with a metal ion-dependent adhesion site (MIDAS) motif that is similar to those observed in eukaryotic integrins and has a similar function. ..
- Park K, Inoue T, Ueda M, Hirano T, Higuchi T, Maeda M, et al. CD9 is expressed on human endometrial epithelial cells in association with integrins alpha(6), alpha(3) and beta(1). Mol Hum Reprod. 2000;6:252-7 pubmed..These results also suggest that CD9 may be an important regulator of these integrins in the human endometrium. ..
- Tang J, Wu Y, Zhao P, Yang X, Jiang J, Chen Z. Overexpression of HAb18G/CD147 promotes invasion and metastasis via alpha3beta1 integrin mediated FAK-paxillin and FAK-PI3K-Ca2+ pathways. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:2933-42 pubmed publisher..01). Together, these results suggest that HAb18G/CD147 enhances the invasion and metastatic potentials of human hepatoma cells via integrin alpha3beta1-mediated FAK-paxillin and FAKPI3K-Ca(2+) signal pathways. ..
- Seo D, Li H, Guedez L, Wingfield P, Diaz T, Salloum R, et al. TIMP-2 mediated inhibition of angiogenesis: an MMP-independent mechanism. Cell. 2003;114:171-80 pubmed..Our findings establish an unexpected, MMP-independent mechanism for TIMP-2 inhibition of endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and reveal an important component of the antiangiogenic effect of TIMP2 in vivo. ..
- Krokhin O, Cheng K, Sousa S, Ens W, Standing K, Wilkins J. Mass spectrometric based mapping of the disulfide bonding patterns of integrin alpha chains. Biochemistry. 2003;42:12950-9 pubmed..These results indicate that not all integrin species display the same disulfide bonding patterns. They also highlight the need for caution in the use of assignments based on sequence homology. ..
- Seo D, Li H, Qu C, Oh J, Kim Y, Diaz T, et al. Shp-1 mediates the antiproliferative activity of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in human microvascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3711-21 pubmed
- Eto D, Jones T, Sundsbak J, Mulvey M. Integrin-mediated host cell invasion by type 1-piliated uropathogenic Escherichia coli. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e100 pubmed..Cumulatively, these results indicate that beta1 and alpha3 integrins are functionally important receptors for type 1 pili-expressing bacteria within the urinary tract and possibly at other sites within the host...
- Alì G, Borrelli N, Riccardo G, Proietti A, Pelliccioni S, Niccoli C, et al. Differential expression of extracellular matrix constituents and cell adhesion molecules between malignant pleural mesothelioma and mesothelial hyperplasia. J Thorac Oncol. 2013;8:1389-95 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data suggest that these factors could be potential biomarkers for MPM. ..