Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: integrin alpha2
Description: integrin subunit alpha 2
Alias: CD49B, GPIa, HPA-5, VLA-2, VLAA2, integrin alpha-2, CD49 antigen-like family member B, alpha 2 subunit of VLA-2 receptor, collagen receptor, human platelet alloantigen system 5, integrin, alpha 2 (CD49B, alpha 2 subunit of VLA-2 receptor), platelet antigen Br, platelet glycoprotein GPIa, platelet membrane glycoprotein Ia, very late activation protein 2 receptor, alpha-2 subunit
Products: integrin alpha2
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Grzesiak J, Bouvet M. The alpha2beta1 integrin mediates the malignant phenotype on type I collagen in pancreatic cancer cell lines. Br J Cancer. 2006;94:1311-9 pubmed..These results identify alpha2beta1 integrin-mediated adhesion to type I collagen as a potential therapeutic target in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Emsley J, Knight C, Farndale R, Barnes M, Liddington R. Structural basis of collagen recognition by integrin alpha2beta1. Cell. 2000;101:47-56 pubmed..The structural features observed here may represent a general mechanism for integrin-ligand recognition. ..
- Karjalainen M, Kakkonen E, Upla P, Paloranta H, Kankaanpää P, Liberali P, et al. A Raft-derived, Pak1-regulated entry participates in alpha2beta1 integrin-dependent sorting to caveosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2857-69 pubmed publisher..Our results together suggest that alpha2beta1 integrin clustering defines its own entry pathway that is Pak1 dependent but clathrin and caveolin independent and that is able to sort cargo to caveosomes. ..
- Senger D, Claffey K, Benes J, Perruzzi C, Sergiou A, Detmar M. Angiogenesis promoted by vascular endothelial growth factor: regulation through alpha1beta1 and alpha2beta1 integrins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:13612-7 pubmed..matrix, we investigated the possibility that VEGF promotes neovascularization through regulation of collagen receptor expression...
- White D, Puranen S, Johnson M, Heino J. The collagen receptor subfamily of the integrins. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;36:1405-10 pubmedThe four collagen receptor integrins, alpha1beta1, alpha2beta1, alpha10beta1 and alpha11beta1, form a structurally and functionally distinct subgroup when compared to other members of the integrin family...
- Shintani Y, Fukumoto Y, Chaika N, Svoboda R, Wheelock M, Johnson K. Collagen I-mediated up-regulation of N-cadherin requires cooperative signals from integrins and discoidin domain receptor 1. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:1277-89 pubmed publisher..Both receptor complexes rely on the p130 Crk-associated substrate scaffold. Interestingly, Rap1, but not Rho family guanosine triphosphatases, is required for the response to collagen I. ..
- Munnix I, Gilio K, Siljander P, Raynal N, Feijge M, Hackeng T, et al. Collagen-mimetic peptides mediate flow-dependent thrombus formation by high- or low-affinity binding of integrin alpha2beta1 and glycoprotein VI. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:2132-42 pubmed publisher..an adhesive ligand for platelet integrin alpha2beta1, and (GPO)(n) as a binding sequence for the signaling collagen receptor, glycoprotein VI (GPVI)...
- Jokinen J, White D, Salmela M, Huhtala M, Kapyla J, Sipilä K, et al. Molecular mechanism of alpha2beta1 integrin interaction with human echovirus 1. EMBO J. 2010;29:196-208 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a mutation E336A in the alpha2 subunit, which inactivated alpha2beta1 as a collagen receptor, enhanced alpha2beta1 binding to EV1...
- Sottnik J, Daignault Newton S, Zhang X, Morrissey C, Hussain M, Keller E, et al. Integrin alpha2beta 1 (?2?1) promotes prostate cancer skeletal metastasis. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2013;30:569-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support that ?2?1 integrin is needed for the efficient metastasis of PCa cells to the skeleton. ..
- Santoso S, Kalb R, Walka M, Kiefel V, Mueller Eckhardt C, Newman P. The human platelet alloantigens Br(a) and Brb are associated with a single amino acid polymorphism on glycoprotein Ia (integrin subunit alpha 2). J Clin Invest. 1993;92:2427-32 pubmedThe human GPIa/IIa complex, also known as integrin alpha 2 beta 1, serves as a major receptor for collagen in platelets and other cell types...
- Emsley J, King S, Bergelson J, Liddington R. Crystal structure of the I domain from integrin alpha2beta1. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28512-7 pubmed..Comparison with the homologous von Willebrand factor A3 domain, which also binds collagen, suggests that the two domains bind collagen in different ways. ..
- Kritzik M, Savage B, Nugent D, Santoso S, Ruggeri Z, Kunicki T. Nucleotide polymorphisms in the alpha2 gene define multiple alleles that are associated with differences in platelet alpha2 beta1 density. Blood. 1998;92:2382-8 pubmed
- Iniesta J, Corral J, Gonzalez Conejero R, Piqueras C, Vicente V. Polymorphisms of platelet adhesive receptors: do they play a role in primary intracerebral hemorrhage?. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2003;15:51-5 pubmed..We evaluated the role of four putative prothrombotic polymorphisms: GP Ia [807 C/T, and human platelet alloantigen system 5 (HPA-5)], GP Ibalpha (variable number of tandem repeats), and GP IIIa (HPA-1) in 141 Caucasian ..
- Sabri S, Jandrot Perrus M, Bertoglio J, Farndale R, Mas V, Debili N, et al. Differential regulation of actin stress fiber assembly and proplatelet formation by alpha2beta1 integrin and GPVI in human megakaryocytes. Blood. 2004;104:3117-25 pubmed..Thus, proplatelet formation in human MKs could be tightly regulated by differential interactions with their collagen receptors. We propose that this interaction with collagen prevents proplatelet formation within the marrow. ..
- Aquilina A, Korda M, Bergelson J, Humphries M, Farndale R, Tuckwell D. A novel gain-of-function mutation of the integrin alpha2 VWFA domain. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:1136-44 pubmed..These data indicate that residue E318 plays a novel and important role in modulating alpha2 VWFA domain--ligand binding and may be involved in the conformational changes associated with its regulation. ..
- Grzesiak J, Bouvet M. Determination of the ligand-binding specificities of the alpha2beta1 and alpha1beta1 integrins in a novel 3-dimensional in vitro model of pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 2007;34:220-8 pubmed..We also demonstrate the novel finding that the alpha1beta1 integrin is a type IV collagen receptor in pancreatic cancer cells...
- Lamb L, Zarif J, Miranti C. The androgen receptor induces integrin α6β1 to promote prostate tumor cell survival via NF-κB and Bcl-xL Independently of PI3K signaling. Cancer Res. 2011;71:2739-49 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that combined targeting of both the AR/α6β1 and PI3K pathways may effectively trigger prostate cancer cell death, enhancing the potential therapeutic value of PI3K inhibitors being evaluated in this setting. ..
- Cadroy Y, Sakariassen K, Charlet J, Thalamas C, Boneu B, Sie P. Role of 4 platelet membrane glycoprotein polymorphisms on experimental arterial thrombus formation in men. Blood. 2001;98:3159-61 pubmed..repeat (VNTR) of GPIbalpha, the -5T/C polymorphism in the Kozak sequence of GPIbalpha, the 807C/T polymorphism of GPIa, and the PI(A1)/PI(A2) polymorphism of GPIIb/IIIa...
- Milanowski L, Rasul F, Natalia G, Eyileten C, Siller Matula J, Postula M. Genetic variability of SRC family kinases and its association with platelet hyperreactivity and clinical outcomes: a systematic review. Curr Pharm Des. 2017;: pubmed publisher..SFKs are important signal transmitters in platelets, interacting with several receptors as GPIIB/IIIa, GPIb, PEAR 1, GPIa, GPVI, PECAM and CD148.
- Sionova M, Blasko P, Jirous S, Vindis D, Rokyta R, Motovska Z. Association of polymorphisms of platelet receptors GPIa (807C>T), GPVI (13254T>C), and P2Y12 (34C>T and H1/H2 haplotype) with increased risk of periprocedural bleeding in patients undergoing coronary angiography/percutaneous coronary interve. Postepy Kardiol Interwencyjnej. 2017;13:202-209 pubmed publisher..Determining genetic variations associated with increased bleeding risk may help to identify high-risk patients...
- Carrasco GonzÃ¡lez C, Torrelles J, CantÃ³ J, Curiel S, Surcis G, Vlemmings W, et al. Stellar physics. Observing the onset of outflow collimation in a massive protostar. Science. 2015;348:114-7 pubmed publisher..We present radio continuum observations of the massive protostar W75N(B)-VLA 2, showing that it is a thermal, collimated ionized wind and that it has evolved in 18 years from a compact source ..
- Adams N, Vasquez Y, Mo Q, Gibbons W, Kovanci E, DeMayo F. WNK lysine deficient protein kinase 1 regulates human endometrial stromal cell decidualization, proliferation, and migration in part through mitogen-activated protein kinase 7. Biol Reprod. 2017;97:400-412 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that WNK1 and MAPK7 promote migration and proliferation during decidualization and regulate the expression of inflammatory cytokines and TGF-beta pathway genes in HESCs...
- Aissa A, Amaral C, Venâncio V, Machado C, Hernandes L, Santos P, et al. Methionine-supplemented diet affects the expression of cardiovascular disease-related genes and increases inflammatory cytokines in mice heart and liver. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2017;80:1116-1128 pubmed publisher..Both methionine supplementation and deprivation lowered hepatic levels of APOA5. In conclusion, data demonstrated that a methionine-supplemented diet modulated important biological processes associated with high risk of CVD development...
- Matsuda M, Doi K, Tsutsumi T, Fujii S, Kishima M, Nishimura K, et al. Regulation of allergic airway inflammation by adoptive transfer of CD4+ T cells preferentially producing IL-10. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;812:38-47 pubmed publisher..factors of naturally occurring regulatory T cells and Th2 cells, respectively, but double positive for LAG-3 and CD49b, surface markers of inducible regulatory T cells, Tr1 cells...
- Tai C, Wang H, Wang C, Tai C, Huang M, Wu C, et al. Bevacizumab and cetuximab with conventional chemotherapy reduced pancreatic tumor weight in mouse pancreatic cancer xenografts. Clin Exp Med. 2017;17:141-150 pubmed publisher..Mice treated with T-TR had slightly increased CD11c+ DC and CD49b+ NK cell levels in the spleen (p < 0.05) and significantly lower tumor VEGF expression (p < 0...
- Pavic M, Zadro R, Herak D, Antolic M, Dodig S. Gene frequencies of platelet-specific antigens in Croatian population. Transfus Med. 2010;20:73-7 pubmed publisher..283), HPA-1a/a, -2a/a, -3a/a, -5-a/a (0.137) and HPA-1a/b, -2a/a, -3a/b, -5-a/a (0.087). Data obtained in this study can be used for better understanding and treatment of immune-mediated platelet disorders in our population. ..
- Krishna O, Jha A, Jia X, Kiick K. Integrin-mediated adhesion and proliferation of human MSCs elicited by a hydroxyproline-lacking, collagen-like peptide. Biomaterials. 2011;32:6412-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, CLP-Cys-modified HA hydrogels are attractive candidates as bioactive scaffolds for tissue engineering applications. ..
- Hirsch M, Law L, Trinkaus Randall V, Svoboda K. The intracellular distribution of vinculin and alpha 2 integrin in epithelial cells and chondrocytes. Scanning. 1994;16:275-84 pubmed..In addition we have shown that confocal laser scanning microscopy combined with proper fixation and extraction protocols may optimize the localization of antigens in cultured and whole mount cells. ..
- Takada Y, Kamata T, Irie A, Puzon McLaughlin W, Zhang X. Structural basis of integrin-mediated signal transduction. Matrix Biol. 1997;16:143-51 pubmed..It has yet to be determined how these multiple ligand binding sites in the alpha and beta subunits are involved in ligand binding, and how conformational changes on activation/ligand occupancy relate to signal transduction. ..
- Coraux C, Delplanque A, Hinnrasky J, Peault B, Puchelle E, Gaillard D. Distribution of integrins during human fetal lung development. J Histochem Cytochem. 1998;46:803-10 pubmed..These results demonstrate differential expression of integrins during lung development and suggest that integrins may play multiple roles in organogenesis and maturation of respiratory surface epithelium and glands. ..
- Yan H, Zhang P, Kong X, Hou X, Zhao L, Li T, et al. Primary Tr1 cells from metastatic melanoma eliminate tumor-promoting macrophages through granzyme B- and perforin-dependent mechanisms. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317697554 pubmed publisher..characterized by high interleukin 10 secretion and low Foxp3 expression and were enriched in the CD4+CD49b+LAG-3+ T-cell fraction...
- Franchi A, Santoro R, Paglierani M, Bondi R. Immunolocalization of alpha 2, alpha 5, and alpha 6 integrin subunits in salivary tissue and adenomas of the parotid gland. J Oral Pathol Med. 1994;23:457-60 pubmed..We conclude that the pattern of a integrin subunit expression in salivary adenomas may be related to the "epithelial" or "mesenchymal" phenotype of the neoplastic cells. ..
- Komurcu E, Erginel Unaltuna N. Platelet glycoprotein Ia 807C/T (Phe224) and 873G/A (Thr246) dimorphisms in Turkey. Am J Hematol. 2002;69:83-4 pubmedAt sites of vascular injury, the platelet collagen receptor Glycoprotein Ia/IIa (GPIa/IIa) acts as an important mediator of platelet adhesion to fibrillar collagens...
- Xing L, Huhtala M, Pietiäinen V, Kapyla J, Vuorinen K, Marjomaki V, et al. Structural and functional analysis of integrin alpha2I domain interaction with echovirus 1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:11632-8 pubmed
- Ostojic L, Zelenika D, Zotz R, Sucker C, Ostojic Z, Loncar R. Platelet receptor HPA-1 polymorphism of alphaIIbbeta3 and 807 C/T polymorphism of alpha2beta1 and Buerger's disease. Angiology. 2007;58:169-74 pubmed..subjects (mean age 44 +/- 10 vs 45 +/- 8 years, respectively) were genotyped for platelet receptor HPA-1 and GPIa 807 C/T polymorphism. The gene frequency of HPA-1 and GPIa 807 C/T polymorphisms was identical in both groups...
- FitzGerald L, Patterson B, Thomson R, Polanowski A, Quinn S, Brohede J, et al. Identification of a prostate cancer susceptibility gene on chromosome 5p13q12 associated with risk of both familial and sporadic disease. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:368-77 pubmed publisher..Although the functional SNP remains to be identified, considerable circumstantial evidence, provided by in vivo and in vitro studies, supports a role for ITGA2 in tumour development. ..
- Dodson P, Haynes J, Starczynski J, Farmer J, Shigdar S, Fegan G, et al. The platelet glycoprotein Ia/IIa gene polymorphism C807T/G873A: a novel risk factor for retinal vein occlusion. Eye (Lond). 2003;17:772-7 pubmed..Platelet glycoprotein Ia/IIa (GpIa/IIa) is an adhesion molecule mediating platelet-collagen interactions and is key to the initiation of thrombosis...
- Jimenez S, Tassies D, Espinosa G, Garcia Criado A, Plaza J, Monteagudo J, et al. Double heterozygosity polymorphisms for platelet glycoproteins Ia/IIa and IIb/IIIa increases arterial thrombosis and arteriosclerosis in patients with the antiphospholipid syndrome or with systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008;67:835-40 pubmed..The coexistence of both 807 T and PlA2 alleles increased the arterial thrombosis risk in patients with APS and preclinical arteriosclerosis in patients with SLE. ..
- Rintanen N, Karjalainen M, Alanko J, Paavolainen L, Mäki A, Nissinen L, et al. Calpains promote ?2?1 integrin turnover in nonrecycling integrin pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:448-63 pubmed publisherb>Collagen receptor integrins recycle between the plasma membrane and endosomes and facilitate formation and turnover of focal adhesions...
- Ziaee S, Chung L. Induction of integrin Î±2 in a highly bone metastatic human prostate cancer cell line: roles of RANKL and AR under three-dimensional suspension culture. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:208 pubmed publisher..The interactions of PCa with ColI, mediated by integrin Î±2 and AR expression, could be a key molecular event accounting for PCa bone metastasis. ..
- Tögel M, Wiche G, Propst F. Novel features of the light chain of microtubule-associated protein MAP1B: microtubule stabilization, self interaction, actin filament binding, and regulation by the heavy chain. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:695-707 pubmed
- Guo Y, Zhao R, Ma J, Cui W, Sun Z, Gao B, et al. ?ig-h3 promotes human osteosarcoma cells metastasis by interacting with integrin ?2?1 and activating PI3K signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e90220 pubmed publisher..The discovery of ?ig-h3-mediated pathway helps us to understand the mechanism of human osteosarcoma metastasis and provides evidence for the possibility that ?ig-h3 can be a potential therapeutic target for osteosarcoma treatment. ..
- Lee C, Turco M, Gardner L, Simons B, Hemberger M, Moffett A. Integrin α2 marks a niche of trophoblast progenitor cells in first trimester human placenta. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..ITGA2 thus marks a niche allowing the study of pure populations of trophoblast progenitor cells. ..
- Camper L, Heinegard D, Lundgren Akerlund E. Integrin alpha2beta1 is a receptor for the cartilage matrix protein chondroadherin. J Cell Biol. 1997;138:1159-67 pubmed..Although alpha2beta1 is a receptor for both collagen type II and chondroadherin, only adhesion of cells to collagen type II was found to mediate spreading. ..
- Honore S, Kovacic H, Pichard V, Briand C, Rognoni J. Alpha2beta1-integrin signaling by itself controls G1/S transition in a human adenocarcinoma cell line (Caco-2): implication of NADPH oxidase-dependent production of ROS. Exp Cell Res. 2003;285:59-71 pubmed..We thus identified in this work a new integrin-signaling pathway in colon tumor cells involved in cell cycle regulation by the extracellular matrix. ..
- Gendron S, Couture J, Aoudjit F. Integrin alpha2beta1 inhibits Fas-mediated apoptosis in T lymphocytes by protein phosphatase 2A-dependent activation of the MAPK/ERK pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48633-43 pubmed..As such, this study emphasizes the potential importance that Coll I interactions may have on the control of T lymphocyte homeostasis and their persistence in chronic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Arlinghaus F, Eble J. The collagen-binding integrin ?2?1 is a novel interaction partner of the Trimeresurus flavoviridis venom protein flavocetin-A. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:947-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings suggest that the separation of GPIb- and ?2?1 integrin-blocking members within the C-type lectin-related protein family is less strict than previously assumed...
- Vlachadis N, Tsamadias V, Vrachnis N, Kaparos G, Vitoratos N, Kouskouni E, et al. Associations of combined polymorphisms of the platelet membrane glycoproteins Ia and IIIa and the platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 and P-Selectin genes with IVF implantation failures. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2017;37:363-369 pubmed publisherThe aim of the study was to investigate the combined impact of the genetic heterogeneity of the glycoproteins Ia (GpIa) and IIIa (GpIIIa) and the platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) and P-Selectin genes on IVF embryo ..
- Dickeson S, Santoro S. Ligand recognition by the I domain-containing integrins. Cell Mol Life Sci. 1998;54:556-66 pubmed
- Whittard J, Craig S, Mould A, Koch A, Pertz O, Engel J, et al. E-cadherin is a ligand for integrin alpha2beta1. Matrix Biol. 2002;21:525-32 pubmed..E-cadherin, and this adhesion was inhibited by anti-functional monoclonal antibodies directed against the integrin alpha2 and beta1 subunits, but not by a series of antibodies recognising other subunits...
- Bix G, Fu J, Gonzalez E, Macro L, Barker A, Campbell S, et al. Endorepellin causes endothelial cell disassembly of actin cytoskeleton and focal adhesions through alpha2beta1 integrin. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:97-109 pubmed
- Martinez C, Antón A, Corral J, Quiroga T, Panes O, Lozano M, et al. Genotype-phenotype relationship for six common polymorphisms in genes affecting platelet function from 286 healthy subjects and 160 patients with mucocutaneous bleeding of unknown cause. Br J Haematol. 2009;146:95-103 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study demonstrated that polymorphisms in genes affecting platelet function do not influence significantly major platelet functions and appear irrelevant in the pathogenesis of bleeding disorders...
- Kunicki T, Williams S, Salomon D, Harrison P, Crisler P, Nakagawa P, et al. Genetics of platelet reactivity in normal, healthy individuals. J Thromb Haemost. 2009;7:2116-22 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the PFA-100 can be used to evaluate the effects of genetic predictors of platelet function. ..
- Pedroza Gonzalez A, Zhou G, Vargas Mendez E, Boor P, Mancham S, Verhoef C, et al. Tumor-infiltrating plasmacytoid dendritic cells promote immunosuppression by Tr1 cells in human liver tumors. Oncoimmunology. 2015;4:e1008355 pubmed..of individuals with primary or secondary liver cancer that is characterized as Tr1 cells by the expression of CD49b and the lymphocyte activation gene 3 (LAG-3) and strong suppression activity of T cell responses in an IL-..
- Barbieri S, Petrucci G, Tarantino E, Amadio P, Rocca B, Pesce M, et al. Abnormal megakaryopoiesis and platelet function in cyclooxygenase-2-deficient mice. Thromb Haemost. 2015;114:1218-29 pubmed publisher..with high nuclear/cytoplasmic ratios, low ploidy and poor expression of lineage markers of maturation (CD42d, CD49b)...
- Sucker C, Schmitz M, Hetzel G, Grabensee B, Maruhn Debowski B, Ostojic L, et al. Are prothrombotic variants of platelet glycoprotein receptor polymorphisms involved in the pathogenesis of thrombotic microangiopathies?. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2009;15:402-7 pubmed publisher..receptor GP IIb-IIIa (integrin alpha(IIb)beta( 3)) and the HPA-5 and GP Ia 807 C/T polymorphism of the collagen receptor GP Ia-IIa (integrin alpha(2)beta(1)) were determined according to standard procedures...
- Brouk H, Halle L, Bertrand G, Neche F, Ouelaa H, Kaplan C. Human platelet antigen allele frequencies in different Algerian populations. Tissue Antigens. 2010;75:673-8 pubmed publisher..217-0.087), leading to a high risk of alloimmunization in this population, especially the Mzab and the population of Annaba. Our results could have some impact in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of alloimmune thrombocytopenia. ..
- Hydes T, Abuhilal M, Armstrong T, Primrose J, Takhar A, KHAKOO S. Natural killer cell maturation markers in the human liver and expansion of an NKG2C+KIR+ population. Lancet. 2015;385 Suppl 1:S45 pubmed publisher..separation and cell surface staining performed for CD3, CD56, CD16, CD57, CD117, CD161, CD158a, CD158b, CD49a, CD49b, CXCR6, NKG2C, and NKp46...
- Dumin J, Dickeson S, Stricker T, Bhattacharyya Pakrasi M, Roby J, Santoro S, et al. Pro-collagenase-1 (matrix metalloproteinase-1) binds the alpha(2)beta(1) integrin upon release from keratinocytes migrating on type I collagen. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29368-74 pubmed
- Souza Andrade E, da Costa Miguel M, Pinto L, de Souza L. Ameloblastoma and adenomatoid odontogenic tumor: the role of alpha2beta1, alpha3beta1, and alpha5beta1 integrins in local invasiveness and architectural characteristics. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2007;11:199-205 pubmed..Our findings suggest an important role of the integrins studied in the architectural characteristics of ameloblastomas and AOTs and a possible participation of alpha5beta1 integrin in the mechanism of local invasion of ameloblastomas. ..
- Campos F, Santos M, Kano F, Fontes C, Lacerda M, Brito C, et al. Genetic variability in platelet integrin ?2?1 density: possible contributor to Plasmodium vivax-induced severe thrombocytopenia. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013;88:325-8 pubmed publisher..This evidence of the association of integrin polymorphism and P. vivax morbidity was further demonstrated by a moderate but significant correlation between clinical disease and surface levels of the integrin ?2?1. ..
- Turner N, Murphy M, Kielty C, Shuttleworth C, Black R, Humphries M, et al. Alpha2(VIII) collagen substrata enhance endothelial cell retention under acute shear stress flow via an alpha2beta1 integrin-dependent mechanism: an in vitro and in vivo study. Circulation. 2006;114:820-9 pubmed
- Patrawala L, Calhoun Davis T, Schneider Broussard R, Tang D. Hierarchical organization of prostate cancer cells in xenograft tumors: the CD44+alpha2beta1+ cell population is enriched in tumor-initiating cells. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6796-805 pubmed..These observations together suggest that prostate cancer cells are organized as a hierarchy. ..
- Liu J, Fong Y, Chang C, Huang C, Chen H, Yang W, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 enhances alpha2beta1 integrin expression and cell migration via EP1 dependent signaling pathway in human chondrosarcoma cells. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:43 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that PGE2 enhances the migration of chondrosarcoma cells by increasing alpha2beta1 integrin expression through the EP1/PLC/PKCalpha/c-Src/NF-kappaB signal transduction pathway. ..
- Wu G, Xi Y, Yao L, Su L, Yan Y, Li M, et al. Genetic polymorphism of ITGA2 C807T can increase the risk of ischemic stroke. Int J Neurosci. 2014;124:841-51 pubmed publisher..Several studies have been examined the association of the Integrin alpha2 (ITGA2) gene-C807T (rs1126643) polymorphism with ischemic stroke susceptibility...
- Zhang L, Huang Y, Yu Z, Shao M, Luo Y, Zhu Y. Identification of key genes and pathways and therapeutic agents in cadmium-treated liver cells: A bioinformatics study. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;56:145-150 pubmed publisher..The present study gave a novel insight into the mechanisms of Cd-induced liver cell damage or malignant transformation and identified several small agents that might be critical for Cd toxicity prevention and treatment. ..
- Jinquan T, Quan S, Feili G, Larsen C, Thestrup Pedersen K. Eotaxin activates T cells to chemotaxis and adhesion only if induced to express CCR3 by IL-2 together with IL-4. J Immunol. 1999;162:4285-92 pubmed..IL-4, eotaxin enhances the expression of adhesion molecules such as ICAM-1 and several integrins (CD29, CD49a, and CD49b) on T lymphocytes and thus promotes adhesion and aggregation of T lymphocytes...
- Jacquelin B, Tarantino M, Kritzik M, Rozenshteyn D, Koziol J, Nurden A, et al. Allele-dependent transcriptional regulation of the human integrin alpha2 gene. Blood. 2001;97:1721-6 pubmed..In summary, a natural dimorphism has been identified within the proximal 5' regulatory region of the human integrin alpha2 gene that is responsible for decreased expression levels of the integrin alpha2beta1 on blood platelets ..
- Li J, Zhao Z, Wang J, Chen G, Yang J, Luo S. The role of extracellular matrix, integrins, and cytoskeleton in mechanotransduction of centrifugal loading. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;309:41-8 pubmed..The result suggested that cytoskeleton was a possible mechanical sensor to centrifugal stimuli, and the cytoskeleton regulation to centrifugal loading was in an ECM-dependent and integrin-mediated manner. ..
- Pellitero S, Reverter J, Tassies D, Pizarro E, Monteagudo J, Salinas I, et al. Polymorphisms in platelet glycoproteins Ia and IIIa are associated with arterial thrombosis and carotid atherosclerosis in type 2 diabetes. Thromb Haemost. 2010;103:630-7 pubmed publisher..42; p=0.04). In conclusion, the 807T allele of GP Ia and the PlA2 allele of GP IIIa, and specially its combination, may confer an additional risk for development of carotid atherosclerosis and arterial thrombosis in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Girotti M, Fernandez M, Lopez J, Camafeita E, Fernandez E, Albar J, et al. SPARC promotes cathepsin B-mediated melanoma invasiveness through a collagen I/?2?1 integrin axis. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:2438-47 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a previously unreported molecular pathway for SPARC activity on invasion and support an active role of SPARC in the mesenchymal transformation that contributes to melanoma dissemination. ..
- Naci D, El Azreq M, Chetoui N, Lauden L, Sigaux F, Charron D, et al. ?2?1 integrin promotes chemoresistance against doxorubicin in cancer cells through extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17065-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifies ?2?1 integrin as an important survival pathway in drug-induced apoptosis of T-ALL cells and suggests that its activation can contribute to the generation of drug resistance. ..
- Bertrand G, Jallu V, Beranger T, Bianchi F, Casale C, Dufour V, et al. HPA-5 typing discrepancy reveals an Ile503Leu substitution in platelet GPIa (?2 integrin). Vox Sang. 2013;105:73-6 pubmed publisher..Mother's platelets were phenotyped as HPA-5b(+). GPIa exon 13 sequencing confirmed the HPA-5ab genotype of the mother and newborn, and revealed an NM_002203.3:c...
- Yamada Y, Matsuo H, Segawa T, Watanabe S, Kato K, Hibino T, et al. Assessment of the genetic component of hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2006;19:1158-65 pubmed..Determination of the combined genotypes for these genes may contribute to personalized prevention of this condition. ..
- HOFMANN G, Langsenlehner U, Langsenlehner T, Glehr M, Gerger A, Absenger G, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of integrin alpha-2 and beta-3 genes are not associated with relapse-free and overall survival in colorectal cancer patients. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:1373-7 pubmed..603, OS p=0.807) and the ITGB3 176C allele (RFS p=0.719, OS p=0.261) and survival was detectable. The investigated integrin polymorphisms are not associated with RFS or OS in colorectal cancer patients. ..
- Stawikowski M, Aukszi B, Stawikowska R, Cudic M, Fields G. Glycosylation modulates melanoma cell ?2?1 and ?3?1 integrin interactions with type IV collagen. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:21591-604 pubmed publisher..Thus, glycosylation of collagen can modulate integrin binding, and levels of glycosylation could be altered by reduction in expression of glycosylation enzymes but most likely not by extracellular deglycosylation activity. ..
- Kwong L, Wozniak M, Collins A, Wilson S, Keely P. R-Ras promotes focal adhesion formation through focal adhesion kinase and p130(Cas) by a novel mechanism that differs from integrins. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:933-49 pubmed..Our results suggest that R-Ras promotes focal adhesion formation by signaling to FAK and p130(Cas) through a novel mechanism that differs from but synergizes with the alpha2beta1 integrin. ..
- Giusti B, Gori A, Marcucci R, Sestini I, Saracini C, Paniccia R, et al. Role of glycoprotein Ia gene polymorphisms in determining platelet function in myocardial infarction patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention on dual antiplatelet treatment. Atherosclerosis. 2008;196:341-8 pubmed..Various glycoprotein Ia (GpIa) polymorphisms have been investigated, but their influence on platelet reactivity in myocardial infarction (MI) ..
- Lim E, Carballo S, Cornelissen J, Ali Z, Grignani R, Bellm S, et al. Dose-related efficacy of aspirin after coronary surgery in patients With Pl(A2) polymorphism (NCT00262275). Ann Thorac Surg. 2007;83:134-8 pubmed..The impaired response of persons with the Pl(A2) polymorphism to aspirin may be dose related, with significant improvement observed in patients using medium- rather than low-dose aspirin. ..
- Gadelha T, Biancardi A, Forster M, Spector N. 807C/T polymorphism in platelet glycoprotein Ia gene is not associated with retinal vein occlusion. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007;245:1739-40 pubmed
- Wang Y, Luk A, Ma R, So W, Tam C, Ng M, et al. Predictive role of multilocus genetic polymorphisms in cardiovascular disease and inflammation-related genes on chronic kidney disease in Type 2 diabetes--an 8-year prospective cohort analysis of 1163 patients. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:190-6 pubmed publisher..Risk associations with PON1, PON2, CETP, ITGA2 and LTA genetic polymorphisms underline the importance of lipid metabolism, haemostasis and inflammation in the development of CKD in patients with Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Fleming F, Böhm R, Dang V, Holloway G, Haselhorst T, Madge P, et al. Relative roles of GM1 ganglioside, N-acylneuraminic acids, and ?2?1 integrin in mediating rotavirus infection. J Virol. 2014;88:4558-71 pubmed publisher..In contrast, most animal rotaviruses that bind terminal sialic acids did not utilize GM1 for VP4 cell binding or infection. These studies support a significant role for GM1 in mediating host cell invasion by human rotaviruses. ..
- Witz C, Montoya Rodriguez I, Miller D, Schneider B, Schenken R. Mesothelium expression of integrins in vivo and in vitro. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 1998;5:87-93 pubmed..Integrins are expressed by the mesothelium of the peritoneum. The mesothelium expression of integrins in vivo differs from that of the mesothelium integrin expression in monolayer culture and explant culture. ..
- Gerhardt A, Scharf R, Mikat Drozdzynski B, Krüssel J, Bender H, Zotz R. The polymorphism of platelet membrane integrin alpha2beta1 (alpha2807TT) is associated with premature onset of fetal loss. Thromb Haemost. 2005;93:124-9 pubmed..It appears that this risk factor does not induce the pathomechanism, but modulates the course of fetal loss. Furthermore, our study confirms the association of FVL with late fetal loss. ..
- Di Paola J, Jugessur A, Goldman T, Reiland J, Tallman D, Sayago C, et al. Platelet glycoprotein I(b)alpha and integrin alpha2 beta1 polymorphisms: gene frequencies and linkage disequilibrium in a population diversity panel. J Thromb Haemost. 2005;3:1511-21 pubmed..These data provide a valuable resource for optimal selection of variants best tailored for association studies of vascular disease or bleeding disorders when examining individuals of different ancestral origins. ..
- Ogino M, Kido J, Bando M, Hayashi N, Wada C, Nagata T, et al. Alpha 2 integrin +807 polymorphism in drug-induced gingival overgrowth. J Dent Res. 2005;84:1183-6 pubmed..61; 95% confidence interval, 2.14 - 6.10; P < 0.05). The present findings suggest that the alpha2 +807 C allele is one of the genetic risk factors for drug-induced gingival overgrowth. ..
- Nikolopoulos G, Tsantes A, Bagos P, Travlou A, Vaiopoulos G. Integrin, alpha 2 gene C807T polymorphism and risk of ischemic stroke: a meta-analysis. Thromb Res. 2007;119:501-10 pubmed..single nucleotide polymorphism of the integrin, alpha 2 (ITGA2) gene has been shown to correlate with the platelet GPIa/IIa density...
- Hong Y, Lange Asschenfeldt B, Velasco P, Hirakawa S, Kunstfeld R, Brown L, et al. VEGF-A promotes tissue repair-associated lymphatic vessel formation via VEGFR-2 and the alpha1beta1 and alpha2beta1 integrins. FASEB J. 2004;18:1111-3 pubmed
- Liu H, Wang Y, Zheng J, Li G, Chen T, Lei J, et al. Platelet glycoprotein gene Ia C807T, HPA-3, and Ib? VNTR polymorphisms are associated with increased ischemic stroke risk: Evidence from a comprehensive meta-analysis. Int J Stroke. 2017;12:46-70 pubmed publisher..Future studies with larger sample sizes will be necessary to confirm the results. In addition, analyses of ischemic stroke subtypes and gene-gene and gene-environment interactions are warranted. ..