Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: INHBB
Description: inhibin subunit beta B
Alias: inhibin beta B chain, Inhibin, beta-2, activin AB beta polypeptide, activin beta-B chain, inhibin beta B subunit
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Ojima F, Saito Y, Tsuchiya Y, Ogoshi M, Fukamachi H, Inagaki K, et al. Runx3 regulates folliculogenesis and steroidogenesis in granulosa cells of immature mice. Cell Tissue Res. 2019;375:743-754 pubmed publisher..The expression of genes encoding activin and inhibin subunits (Inha, Inhba and Inhbb) was also decreased in ovaries from the Runx3-/- mice compared with that in wt mice...
- Wijayarathna R, de Kretser D, Sreenivasan R, Ludlow H, Middendorff R, Meinhardt A, et al. Comparative analysis of activins A and B in the adult mouse epididymis and vas deferens. Reproduction. 2018;155:15-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, Inhbb can compensate for Inhba in regulating epididymal morphology, although testis and epididymal maturation ..
- Frandsen U, Porneki A, Floridon C, Abdallah B, Kassem M. Activin B mediated induction of Pdx1 in human embryonic stem cell derived embryoid bodies. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:568-74 pubmed..The data suggest that additional suppression of Shh signaling may be required to allow for proper specification of pancreatic cell lineages in hESCs. ..
- Terenina E, Fabre S, Bonnet A, Monniaux D, Robert Granié C, SanCristobal M, et al. Differentially expressed genes and gene networks involved in pig ovarian follicular atresia. Physiol Genomics. 2017;49:67-80 pubmed publisher..Among these genes known to be inhibitors of apoptosis, stimulators of apoptosis, or tumor suppressors INHBB, HNF4, CLU, different interleukins (IL5, IL24), TNF-associated receptor (TNFR1), and cytochrome-c oxidase (COX) ..
- Tamminen J, Yin M, RÃ¶nty M, Sutinen E, Pasternack A, Ritvos O, et al. Overexpression of activin-A and -B in malignant mesothelioma - attenuated Smad3 signaling responses and ERK activation promote cell migration and invasive growth. Exp Cell Res. 2015;332:102-15 pubmed publisher..Blocking activin activity offers a new therapeutic approach for inhibition of mesothelioma invasive growth. ..
- Purdue M, Graubard B, Chanock S, Rubertone M, Erickson R, McGlynn K. Genetic variation in the inhibin pathway and risk of testicular germ cell tumors. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3043-8 pubmed publisher..Thirty-eight tagging SNPs in six genes (INHA, INHBA, INHBB, INHBC, INHBE, and SMAD4) were genotyped...
- Liu Z, Ren Y, Pangas S, Adams J, Zhou W, Castrillon D, et al. FOXO1/3 and PTEN Depletion in Granulosa Cells Promotes Ovarian Granulosa Cell Tumor Development. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:1006-24 pubmed publisher..Key genes (Amh, Bmp2, and Fshr) controlling follicle growth, apoptosis, and differentiation were also suppressed. Inhbb and Grem1 were selectively elevated, whereas reduction of Inha provided additional evidence that activin signaling ..
- Wang S, Liu W, Pang X, Dai S, Liu G. The Mechanism of Melatonin and Its Receptor MT2 Involved in the Development of Bovine Granulosa Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..were down-regulated, while genes related to hormonal synthesis (StAR, RUNX2, INHA and INHBB) were up-regulated without affecting the expression of INHBA, suggesting that MT2 silencing may ..
- Luisi S, Borges L, Lazzeri L, Dell Anna A, Severi F, Petraglia F. Vaginally administered estroprogestinic decreases serum inhibin A and inhibin B levels and reduces endometrial thickness. Fertil Steril. 2006;86:1483-7 pubmed..The present findings showed that treatment with vaginal estroprogestinic decreases serum inhibin A and inhibin B levels, the follicular diameter, and endometrial thickness, showing a rapid and significant effect with the vaginal route. ..
- Cai K, Hua G, Ahmad S, Liang A, Han L, Wu C, et al. Action mechanism of inhibin Î±-subunit on the development of Sertoli cells and first wave of spermatogenesis in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25585 pubmed publisher..Inha silencing also suppressed Pdgfa, Igf1, and Kitl mRNA levels and up-regulated Tgfbrs, Inhba, Inhbb, Cyp11a1, Dhh, and Tjp1 mRNA levels (as indicated by real-time polymerase chain reaction [PCR] analysis)...
- Brand J, Humphreys K, Li J, Karlsson R, Hall P, Czene K. Common genetic variation and novel loci associated with volumetric mammographic density. Breast Cancer Res. 2018;20:30 pubmed publisher..at P < 5 × 10- 8): one for percent dense volume (HABP2) and two for the absolute dense volume (INHBB, LINC01483)...
- Dutta D, Zameer A, Mariani J, Zhang J, Asp L, Huynh J, et al. Combinatorial actions of Tgf? and Activin ligands promote oligodendrocyte development and CNS myelination. Development. 2014;141:2414-28 pubmed publisher..In spinal cords of ActB-deficient Inhbb(-/-) embryos, apoptosis in the oligodendrocyte lineage is increased and OLP numbers transiently reduced, but ..
- Wacker I, Behrens J. Activin B antagonizes RhoA signaling to stimulate mesenchymal morphology and invasiveness of clear cell renal cell carcinomas. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111276 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data provide evidence that reduction of RhoA signaling by Activin B together with persistent Rac1 activity is a prerequisite for inducing an invasive phenotype in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Burger H, Igarashi M. Inhibin: definition and nomenclature, including related substances. Endocrinology. 1988;122:1701-2 pubmed
- Cuny A, Trivin C, Brailly Tabard S, Adan L, Zerah M, Sainte Rose C, et al. Inhibin B and anti-Müllerian hormone as markers of gonadal function after treatment for medulloblastoma or posterior fossa ependymoma during childhood. J Pediatr. 2011;158:1016-1022.e1 pubmed publisher..The plasma concentrations of inhibin B and AMH are useful means of detecting primary gonad deficiency in patients with no increase in their plasma gonadotropin levels because of radiation-induced gonadotropin deficiency. ..
- Radicioni A, Anzuini A, De Marco E, Nofroni I, Castracane V, Lenzi A. Changes in serum inhibin B during normal male puberty. Eur J Endocrinol. 2005;152:403-9 pubmed..We found that in mid-puberty (G3-G4), the serum concentration of InhB increases, as its inverse relationship with FSH is being established and hence spermatogenesis. ..
- Nio Kobayashi J, Trendell J, Giakoumelou S, Boswell L, Nicol L, Kudo M, et al. Bone morphogenetic proteins are mediators of luteolysis in the human corpus luteum. Endocrinology. 2015;156:1494-503 pubmed publisher..Like Activin A, BMP4 and BMP6 stimulated the expression of Inhibin/Activin subunits with a marked effect on INHBB expression (P<.05-.01)...
- Liu Q, Li Y, Feng Y, Liu C, Ma J, Li Y, et al. Single-cell analysis of differences in transcriptomic profiles of oocytes and cumulus cells at GV, MI, MII stages from PCOS patients. Sci Rep. 2016;6:39638 pubmed publisher..Differentially expressed genes including PPP2R1A, PDGFRA, EGFR, GJA1, PTGS2, TNFAIP6, TGF-?1, CAV1, INHBB et al...
- Sebastian A, Hum N, Morfin C, Murugesh D, Loots G. Global gene expression analysis identifies Mef2c as a potential player in Wnt16-mediated transcriptional regulation. Gene. 2018;675:312-321 pubmed publisher..and TGF-β/BMP signaling pathway (Bmp7, Inhba, Inhbb, Tgfb2 etc.). Wnt16 also regulated a large number of genes with known bone phenotypes...
- Hayes H, Zhang L, Becker T, Haldeman J, Stephens S, Arlotto M, et al. A Pdx-1-Regulated Soluble Factor Activates Rat and Human Islet Cell Proliferation. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:2918-2930 pubmed publisher..Microarray and gene ontology (GO) analysis identified inhibin beta-B (Inhbb), an activin subunit and member of the transforming growth factor β (TGF-β) superfamily, as a Pdx-1-responsive ..
- Cadoret V, Frapsauce C, Jarrier P, Maillard V, Bonnet A, Locatelli Y, et al. Molecular evidence that follicle development is accelerated in vitro compared to in vivo. Reproduction. 2017;153:493-508 pubmed publisher..expression of GJA1, CYP19A1, ESR1, ESR2, FSHR, INHA, INHBA, INHBB and FST There was a decrease in the expression of oocyte-specific molecular markers GJA4, KIT<..
- Niimi S, Hyuga M, Kazama H, Inagawa M, Seki T, Ariga T, et al. Activins A, AB, and B inhibit hepatocyte growth factor synthesis by MRC-5 human lung fibroblasts. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:1405-8 pubmed..At 25 ng/ml, activin A inhibited the increase in HGF in the cellular lysate and the increase in HGF mRNA level approximately 80% and 40%, respectively. ..
- Decanter C, Pigny P, Lefebvre C, Thomas P, Leroy M, Dewailly D. Serum inhibin B during controlled ovarian hyperstimulation: an additional criterion for deciding whether to proceed with egg retrieval. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:2419-25 pubmed publisher..The degree of inhibin B increment during COH provides additional information for predicting ovarian response to COH. An increment >300 pg/mL is required to rule out the eventuality of a poor ovarian response. ..
- Merriman T. An update on the genetic architecture of hyperuricemia and gout. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:98 pubmed publisher..At the other 26 loci, probable causal genes can be identified at three (PDZK1, SLC22A11, and INHBB) with strong candidates at a further 10 loci...
- Barton D, Yang Feng T, Mason A, Seeburg P, Francke U. Mapping of genes for inhibin subunits alpha, beta A, and beta B on human and mouse chromosomes and studies of jsd mice. Genomics. 1989;5:91-9 pubmed..The possibility that the mutation in jsd involves the INH alpha or INH beta B gene was investigated by Southern blotting of DNA from jsd/jsd mice, and no major deletions or rearrangements were detected. ..
- Martens J, de Winter J, Timmerman M, McLuskey A, van Schaik R, Themmen A, et al. Inhibin interferes with activin signaling at the level of the activin receptor complex in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Endocrinology. 1997;138:2928-36 pubmed..In conclusion, these data show that in Chinese hamster ovary cells inhibin acts directly at the activin receptor complex, most likely through displacement of activin from the activin type II receptor. ..
- Chen W, Liu L, Ge W. Expression analysis of growth differentiation factor 9 (Gdf9/gdf9), anti-müllerian hormone (Amh/amh) and aromatase (Cyp19a1a/cyp19a1a) during gonadal differentiation of the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Biol Reprod. 2017;96:401-413 pubmed publisher..that Gdf9 significantly suppressed the expression of amh while increased that of activin beta subunits (inhbaa and inhbb) in vitro...
- Mylonas I. Inhibin beta B: a useful tumor marker in uterine endometrioid adenocarcinomas?. Histol Histopathol. 2011;26:1415-22 pubmed publisher..However, further research is warranted in elucidating the possible implications of inhibin-?B and endometrial carcinogenesis. ..
- Liu X, Wang Y, Dan X, Kumar A, Ye T, Yu Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory potential of Î²-cryptoxanthin against LPS-induced inflammation in mouse Sertoli cells. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;60:148-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, CX significantly limited the LPS-induced down-regulation of AR, HSF2, CREB, FSHR, INHBB and ABP in Sertoli cells...
- Gherardi S, Ripoche D, Mikaelian I, Chanal M, Teinturier R, Goehrig D, et al. Menin regulates Inhbb expression through an Akt/Ezh2-mediated H3K27 histone modification. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:427-437 pubmed publisher..Having found that ActivinB - a TGF? superfamily member encoded by the Inhbb gene - is upregulated in insulinoma tumours caused by Men1 invalidation, we hypothesize that Menin could directly ..
- Adkins J, Varnum S, Auberry K, Moore R, Angell N, Smith R, et al. Toward a human blood serum proteome: analysis by multidimensional separation coupled with mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002;1:947-55 pubmed..With this study, we have performed the most extensive analysis of serum proteins to date and laid the foundation for future refinements in the identification of novel protein biomarkers of disease. ..
- Florio P, Calonaci G, Luisi S, Severi F, Ignacchiti E, Palumbo M, et al. Inhibin A, inhibin B and activin A concentrations in umbilical cord artery and vein. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2003;17:181-5 pubmed
- Mylonas I, Schiessl B, Jeschke U, Vogl J, Makrigiannakis A, Kuhn C, et al. Expression of inhibin/activin subunits alpha (-alpha), beta A (-beta (A)) and beta B (-beta (B)) in placental tissue of normal and intrauterine growth restricted (IUGR) pregnancies. J Mol Histol. 2006;37:43-52 pubmed
- Grusch M, Drucker C, Peter Vörösmarty B, Erlach N, Lackner A, Losert A, et al. Deregulation of the activin/follistatin system in hepatocarcinogenesis. J Hepatol. 2006;45:673-80 pubmed..The sensitivity of preneoplastic hepatocytes to activin signals suggests the activin/follistatin system as promising target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Lee A, Tyrer J, Doherty J, Stram D, Kupryjanczyk J, Dansonka Mieszkowska A, et al. Evaluating the ovarian cancer gonadotropin hypothesis: a candidate gene study. Gynecol Oncol. 2015;136:542-8 pubmed publisher..However, there was some suggestion of gene-level associations for four gonadotropin signaling pathway genes: INHBB (p=0.045, mucinous), LHCGR (p=0.046, high-grade serous), GNRH (p=0.041, high-grade serous), and FSHB (p=0...
- Dixit H, Deendayal M, Singh L. Mutational analysis of the mature peptide region of inhibin genes in Indian women with ovarian failure. Hum Reprod. 2004;19:1760-4 pubmed..001) with complete absence of this mutation in controls (none out of 100). The INHalpha gene is a strong candidate gene for ovarian failure. Mutations in INHbetaB and INHbetaA genes are not associated with ovarian failure. ..
- Auge A, Longui C, Almeida Prado R, Rocha M, Neves M, Hirota A, et al. Abnormal inhibin A and inhibin B secretion in obese women with and without insulin resistance. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2005;21:7-11 pubmed..In obese women, the percentage increase of inhibin A can represent an additional marker to recognize follicle luteinization. ..
- Johnson M, Brennecke S, East C, Goring H, Kent J, Dyer T, et al. Genome-wide association scan identifies a risk locus for preeclampsia on 2q14, near the inhibin, beta B gene. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33666 pubmed publisher..These SNPs reside in an intergenic region less than 15 kb downstream from the 3' terminus of the Inhibin, beta B (INHBB) gene on 2q14.2. They are in linkage disequilibrium (LD) with each other (r(2)?=?0.92), but not (r(2)<0...
- Wang Y, Bilandzic M, Ooi G, Findlay J, Stenvers K. Endogenous inhibins regulate steroidogenesis in mouse TM3 Leydig cells by altering SMAD2 signalling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;436:68-77 pubmed publisher..The expression of Inha, Inhba, and Inhbb in TM3 cells was determined by RT-PCR and the production of the inhibin-alpha subunit was confirmed by western ..
- Jiang L, Hermeking H. miR-34a and miR-34b/c Suppress Intestinal Tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2746-2758 pubmed publisher..elevated expression in primary human colorectal cancers that was associated with lymph-node metastases (INHBB, AXL, FGFR1, and PDFGRB) and upregulation of INHBB and AXL in primary colorectal cancer ..
- Feng Z, Bardin C, Chen C. Characterization and regulation of testicular inhibin beta-subunit mRNA. Mol Endocrinol. 1989;3:939-48 pubmed..We conclude that the inhibin subunit mRNAs are differentially regulated in rat testis. ..
- M baye M, Hua G, Khan H, Yang L. RNAi-mediated knockdown of INHBB increases apoptosis and inhibits steroidogenesis in mouse granulosa cells. J Reprod Dev. 2015;61:391-7 pubmed publisher..In this study, the INHBB gene was knocked down by three RNAi-Ready pSIREN-RetroQ-ZsGreen vector- mediated recombinant plasmids to explore ..
- Jørgensen N, Liu F, Andersson A, Vierula M, Irvine D, Auger J, et al. Serum inhibin-b in fertile men is strongly correlated with low but not high sperm counts: a coordinated study of 1,797 European and US men. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:2128-34 pubmed publisher..Serum inhibin-b levels decrease nonlinearly during the daytime, and are positively correlated with sperm counts, but the predictive power is best when inhibin-b is low. ..
- Kottgen A, Albrecht E, Teumer A, Vitart V, Krumsiek J, Hundertmark C, et al. Genome-wide association analyses identify 18 new loci associated with serum urate concentrations. Nat Genet. 2013;45:145-54 pubmed publisher..28 genome-wide significant loci in association with serum urate concentrations (18 new regions in or near TRIM46, INHBB, SFMBT1, TMEM171, VEGFA, BAZ1B, PRKAG2, STC1, HNF4G, A1CF, ATXN2, UBE2Q2, IGF1R, NFAT5, MAF, HLF, ACVR1B-ACVRL1 ..
- Nio Kobayashi J, Kudo M, Sakuragi N, Iwanaga T, Duncan W. Loss of luteotropic prostaglandin E plays an important role in the regulation of luteolysis in women. Mol Hum Reprod. 2017;23:271-281 pubmed publisher..PGF synthetic enzymes and down-regulate luteolytic molecules such as ?A- and ?B-inhibin subunits (INHBA and INHBB) and bone morphogenetic proteins (BMP2, BMP4 and BMP6)...
- Turkyilmaz Z, Karabulut R, Sonmez K, Demirogullari B, Ozen O, Moralioglu S, et al. Inhibin B levels in peripheral vein do not correlate with inhibin B levels in the spermatic vein in adolescents with varicocele. Arch Androl. 2006;52:325-8 pubmed..05). Preoperative serum inhibin B concentration could not reliably predict a response to varicocelectomy, but the increase in inhibin B levels after treatment might suggest an improvement in testicular function. ..
- Lahlou N, Roger M. Inhibin B in pubertal development and pubertal disorders. Semin Reprod Med. 2004;22:165-75 pubmed..In conclusion, inhibin determination is an essential tool in the assessment of physiological development as well as in the management of pubertal disorders. ..
- Mabeck L, Jensen M, Toft G, Thulstrup M, Andersson M, Jensen T, et al. Fecundability according to male serum inhibin B--a prospective study among first pregnancy planners. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:2909-15 pubmed..Our findings do not support the replacement of sperm density by male inhibin B when obtaining sperm data is an option. ..
- Chapman S, Woodruff T. Modulation of activin signal transduction by inhibin B and inhibin-binding protein (INhBP). Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:668-79 pubmed..These findings suggest that InhBP is an inhibin B-specific receptor that mediates antagonism of activin signal transduction through the modulation of activin heteromeric receptor complex assembly. ..
- Wang K, Li W, Zhang C, Wang Z, Glessner J, Grant S, et al. A genome-wide association study on obesity and obesity-related traits. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18939 pubmed publisher..67 × 10(-9)), previously associated with body weight and fat distribution. Our study demonstrated how a relatively small sample ascertained through extreme phenotypes can detect genuine associations in a GWAS. ..
- Hauzman E, Fancsovits P, Murber A, Rabe T, Strowitzki T, Papp Z, et al. Luteal-phase inhibin A and follicular-phase inhibin B levels are not characteristic of patients with an elevated LH-to-FSH ratio. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2006;23:141-7 pubmed..Opposite correlations with LH and BMI suggest dysregulation of inhibin secretion rather than dimeric inhibins having a central role to the endocrinological imbalance observed in polycystic ovary syndrome. ..
- Taneli F, Ersoy B, Ozhan B, Calkan M, Yilmaz O, Dinc G, et al. The effect of obesity on testicular function by insulin-like factor 3, inhibin B, and leptin concentrations in obese adolescents according to pubertal stages. Clin Biochem. 2010;43:1236-40 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated for the first time in the literature that obesity effects testicular Leydig cell function starting from Tanner stage 2. ..
- Nicolas N, Michel V, Bhushan S, Wahle E, Hayward S, Ludlow H, et al. Testicular activin and follistatin levels are elevated during the course of experimental autoimmune epididymo-orchitis in mice. Sci Rep. 2017;7:42391 pubmed publisher..expression during the active phase of the disease, whereas mRNA expression of the inhibin B subunits (Inha and Inhbb) and activin receptor subunits (Acvr1b and Acvr2b) were downregulated...
- Freeman E, Sammel M, Lin H, Gracia C, Pien G, Nelson D, et al. Symptoms associated with menopausal transition and reproductive hormones in midlife women. Obstet Gynecol. 2007;110:230-40 pubmed..Fluctuations of E2, decreased levels of inhibin b, and increased FSH levels were associated with these symptoms. II. ..
- Dafopoulos K, Venetis C, Messini C, Pournaras S, Anifandis G, Garas A, et al. Inhibin secretion in women with the polycystic ovary syndrome before and after treatment with progesterone. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2011;9:59 pubmed publisher..It is possible that compared to normal ovaries, the PCOS ovaries are less sensitive to endogenous LH regarding inhibin A secretion and more sensitive to exogenous FSH stimulation in terms of inhibin A and inhibin B secretion. ..
- Shav Tal Y, Zipori D. The role of activin a in regulation of hemopoiesis. Stem Cells. 2002;20:493-500 pubmed..Whereas the functions of activin A in vitro are well established, further research tools are needed to elucidate its role within specific hemopoietic microenvironments in vivo. ..
- Fanchin R, Schonauer L, Righini C, Guibourdenche J, Frydman R, Taieb J. Serum anti-Müllerian hormone is more strongly related to ovarian follicular status than serum inhibin B, estradiol, FSH and LH on day 3. Hum Reprod. 2003;18:323-7 pubmed..This suggests that AMH may reflect ovarian follicular status better than the usual hormone markers. ..
- Di Bisceglie C, Bertagna A, Baldi M, Lanfranco F, Tagliabue M, Gazzera C, et al. Varicocele sclerotherapy improves serum inhibin B levels and seminal parameters. Int J Androl. 2007;30:531-6 pubmed..In conclusion, varicocele sclerotherapy improves inhibin B levels and seminal parameters, confirming the positive effect of this treatment on spermatogenesis and Sertoli cell function. ..
- Jückstock J, Brüning A, Blankenstein T, Kunze S, Shabani N, Bergauer F, et al. Immunolabeling of the inhibin-βA and -βB subunit in normal and malignant human cervical tissue and cervical cancer cell lines. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:1117-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the synthesis of this subunit in cervical carcinoma cell lines also allows the use of this cell line to elucidates their functions in cervical cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Chang H, Cheng J, Klausen C, Taylor E, Leung P. Effects of recombinant activins on steroidogenesis in human granulosa-lutein cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99:E1922-32 pubmed publisher..Activin A, B, and AB have similar effects on steroidogenesis in human granulosa cells. In contrast, activin AC is not biologically active and does not act as a competitive antagonist. ..
- Damsgaard J, Joensen U, Carlsen E, Erenpreiss J, Blomberg Jensen M, Matulevicius V, et al. Varicocele Is Associated with Impaired Semen Quality and Reproductive Hormone Levels: A Study of 7035 Healthy Young Men from Six European Countries. Eur Urol. 2016;70:1019-1029 pubmed publisher..The presence and increasing grade of varicocele is adversely associated with semen quality and reproductive hormone levels in young men from the general population. ..
- Maurizi G, Petäistö T, Maurizi A, Della Guardia L. Key-genes regulating the liposecretion process of mature adipocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..and intra-cellular interactions were analyzed studying the role of CDH2, CDH11, ITGA5, E-Syt1, PAI-1, IGF1, and INHBB genes...
- Ying S. Inhibins and activins: chemical properties and biological activity. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1987;186:253-64 pubmed..Inhibin secreted in response to FSH from the pituitary originates primarily from the granulosa cells of the ovary and the Sertoli cells of the testes, thus demonstrating a reciprocal feedback relationship. ..
- Popovic V, Djurovic M, Cetkovic A, Vojvodic D, Pekic S, Spremovic S, et al. Inhibin B: a potential marker of gonadal activity in patients with anorexia nervosa during weight recovery. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1838-43 pubmed
- Green D, Zhu L, Zhang N, Sklar C, Ke R, Kutteh W, et al. Lack of specificity of plasma concentrations of inhibin B and follicle-stimulating hormone for identification of azoospermic survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the St Jude lifetime cohort study. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:1324-8 pubmed publisher..Young men and their physicians should be aware of the limitations of these measures for assessment of fertility potential. ..
- Sjöholm K, Palming J, Lystig T, Jennische E, Woodruff T, Carlsson B, et al. The expression of inhibin beta B is high in human adipocytes, reduced by weight loss, and correlates to factors implicated in metabolic disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:1308-14 pubmed..Inhibin beta B (INHBB; coding for the activin betaB subunit) was identified and high expression in adipocytes was confirmed by real-time ..
- Shayya R, Rosencrantz M, Chuan S, Cook Andersen H, Roudebush W, Irene Su H, et al. Decreased inhibin B responses following recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin administration in normal women and women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril. 2014;101:275-9 pubmed publisher..In normal and PCOS women, Inh B production was decreased following r-hCG administration. These findings strongly suggest that in PCOS women androgen excess is not enhanced by LH-stimulated Inh B production. NCT00747617. ..
- Schmelzer C, Burton L, Tamony C, Schwall R, Mason A, Liegeois N. Purification and characterization of recombinant human activin B. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1039:135-41 pubmed..Activin B has an apparent pI of 4.6 as determined by isoelectric focusing in 6 M urea and 4.7 as determined by chromatofocusing in 6 M urea. The extinction coefficient is 1.8. ..
- Salmenkivi K, Arola J, Voutilainen R, Ilvesmaki V, Haglund C, Kahri A, et al. Inhibin/activin betaB-subunit expression in pheochromocytomas favors benign diagnosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:2231-5 pubmed..This suggests that loss of inhibin/activin betaB-subunit expression in pheochromocytomas may be used as an indicator of malignant potential. ..
- Bahathiq A, Stewart R, Wells M, Moore H, Pacey A, Ledger W. Production of activins by the human endosalpinx. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:5283-9 pubmed..The role in postmenopausal women is less certain, but could lead to the stimulation of FSH secretion by the pituitary gland or other autocrine/paracrine function within the uterine tube. ..
- Munz W, Hammadeh M, Seufert R, Schaffrath M, Schmidt W, Pollow K. Serum inhibin A, inhibin B, pro-alphaC, and activin A levels in women with idiopathic premature ovarian failure. Fertil Steril. 2004;82:760-2 pubmed..Thus, the circulating level of pro-alphaC could be a marker for assessing residual ovarian function in women with POF. ..
- Grynberg M, Feyereisen E, Scheffer J, Koutroubis P, Frydman R, Fanchin R. Early follicle development alters the relationship between antral follicle counts and inhibin B and follicle-stimulating hormone levels on cycle day 3. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:894-9 pubmed publisher..These results contribute to clarifying the controversial role of serum inhibin B and FSH levels in the prediction of ovarian follicular status. ..
- Mathews L, Vale W. Expression cloning of an activin receptor, a predicted transmembrane serine kinase. Cell. 1991;65:973-82 pubmed..elegans daf-1 gene product, a putative transmembrane serine/threonine-specific protein kinase for which the ligand is not known. ..
- Mellor S, Cranfield M, Ries R, Pedersen J, Cancilla B, de Kretser D, et al. Localization of activin beta(A)-, beta(B)-, and beta(C)-subunits in humanprostate and evidence for formation of new activin heterodimers of beta(C)-subunit. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:4851-8 pubmed..Thus, the evidence of formation of activin AC or BC heterodimers may have significant implications in the regulation of levels and/or biological activity of other activins in these tissues. ..
- Schneyer A, Schoen A, Quigg A, Sidis Y. Differential binding and neutralization of activins A and B by follistatin and follistatin like-3 (FSTL-3/FSRP/FLRG). Endocrinology. 2003;144:1671-4 pubmed..In addition, biological systems that use primarily activin B, but which have been examined in vitro using activin A, may need to be reevaluated to determine the actual physiologic roles of FS or FSTL-3. ..
- Tsuchida K, Nakatani M, Yamakawa N, Hashimoto O, Hasegawa Y, Sugino H. Activin isoforms signal through type I receptor serine/threonine kinase ALK7. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;220:59-65 pubmed..Thus, the differential combination of receptor heterodimers mediates variation in activin isoform signaling. ..
- Burdette J, Woodruff T. Activin and estrogen crosstalk regulates transcription in human breast cancer cells. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2007;14:679-89 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the importance of activin and estrogen crosstalk during mammary cell growth and cancer initiation. ..
- Abushahba W, Olabisi O, Jeong B, Boregowda R, Wen Y, Liu F, et al. Non-canonical Smads phosphorylation induced by the glutamate release inhibitor, riluzole, through GSK3 activation in melanoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47312 pubmed publisher..We further show that riluzole upregulates the expression of INHBB and PLAU, two genes associated with the TGF? signaling pathway...
- Walentowicz P, Krintus M, Sadlecki P, Grabiec M, Mańkowska Cyl A, Sokup A, et al. Serum inhibin A and inhibin B levels in epithelial ovarian cancer patients. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e90575 pubmed publisher..This may indicate the need for further studies on how to block the inhibin B activation pathway in the ovarian carcinoma therapy. ..
- Lidbury B, Kita B, Lewis D, Hayward S, Ludlow H, Hedger M, et al. Activin B is a novel biomarker for chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) diagnosis: a cross sectional study. J Transl Med. 2017;15:60 pubmed publisher..The activins have multiple physiological roles and capture the diverse array of symptoms experienced by CFS/ME patients. ..
- Mason A, Berkemeier L, Schmelzer C, Schwall R. Activin B: precursor sequences, genomic structure and in vitro activities. Mol Endocrinol. 1989;3:1352-8 pubmed..The potency of activin B in both of these assays (ED50 approximately 2 ng/ml) was indistinguishable from that observed for activin A. ..
- Welt C. The physiology and pathophysiology of inhibin, activin and follistatin in female reproduction. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2002;14:317-23 pubmed..Thus, the mechanism of inhibin action and its role in normal and abnormal ovarian function continues to emerge. ..
- Chada M, Prusa R, Bronsky J, Pechova M, Kotaska K, Lisa L. Inhibin B, follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, and estradiol and their relationship to the regulation of follicle development in girls during childhood and puberty. Physiol Res. 2003;52:341-6 pubmed..Inhibin B is involved in regulatory functions in developing follicles and seems to be a sensitive marker of ovarian follicle development. ..
- Fujisawa M, Yamazaki T, Fujioka H, Takenaka A. Differential regulation of inhibin subunits by germ cells in human testes. Arch Androl. 2004;50:339-45 pubmed..The expression of inhibin betaB by Sertoli cells is dependent on the coexistence of spermatogenic activity within these seminiferous tubules, explaining why the level of inhibin B is low in patients with SCO. ..
- Mylonas I, Makovitzky J, Hoeing A, Richter D, Vogl J, Schulze S, et al. Inhibin/activin subunits beta-A (-betaA) and beta-B (-betaB) are differentially localised in normal, hyperplastic and malignant human endometrial tissue. Acta Histochem. 2006;108:1-11 pubmed..Hyperplastic tissue labelled more intensely than EC for the presence of INH-betaA and -betaB, suggesting a substantial function in endometrial pathogenesis and an important role in endometrial carcinogenesis. ..
- Horne A, van den Driesche S, King A, Burgess S, Myers M, Ludlow H, et al. Endometrial inhibin/activin beta-B subunit expression is related to decidualization and is reduced in tubal ectopic pregnancy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:2375-82 pubmed publisher..Expression of the beta-B subunit is related to decidualization and can be detected in the circulation as activin B. Serum activin B concentrations are lower in ectopic pregnancy. ..
- Kenny H, Woodruff T. Follicle size class contributes to distinct secretion patterns of inhibin isoforms during the rat estrous cycle. Endocrinology. 2006;147:51-60 pubmed..We determined that the discordant pattern of inhibin A and inhibin B during the rat estrous cycle is due to independent populations of antral follicles making inhibin B (small antral follicles) or inhibin A (large antral follicles). ..
- Wen X, Tozer A, Li D, Docherty S, Al Shawaf T, Iles R. Human granulosa-lutein cell in vitro production of progesterone, inhibin A, inhibin B, and activin A are dependent on follicular size and not the presence of the oocyte. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:1406-13 pubmed..However, follicle size did influence rates of local hormone production. ..