Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: INHA
Description: inhibin alpha subunit
Alias: inhibin alpha chain, A-inhibin subunit
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- Maternal circulating levels of activin A, inhibin A, sFlt-1 and endoglin at parturition in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsiaAparna Reddy
Fetal Medicine Unit, Elizabeth Gareth Anderson Hospital, University College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e4453. 2009..Therefore, the objective of this study is to investigate if these proteins are altered in maternal circulation of labouring pre-eclampsia and normal pregnancies...
- Expression of endoplasmic reticulum stress proteins is a candidate marker of brain metastasis in both ErbB-2+ and ErbB-2- primary breast tumorsRebeca Sanz-Pamplona
Biological Clues of the Invasive and Metastatic Phenotype Group, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Pathol 179:564-79. 2011..16) than ErbB-2 (LR = 0.42). We conclude that, in breast carcinomas, certain proteins associated with the endoplasmic reticulum stress phenotype are candidate markers of brain metastasis...
- Alpha-inhibin is a tumour-suppressor gene with gonadal specificity in miceM M Matzuk
Institute for Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Nature 360:313-9. 1992..Inhibin is thus a critical negative regulator of gonadal stromal cell proliferation and the first secreted protein identified to have tumour-suppressor activity...
- Characterization and determination of the biological activities of noncleavable high molecular weight forms of inhibin A and activin AA J Mason
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 10:1055-65. 1996..In contrast, cleavage of the 110K activin A precursor to the 24K form would appear to be necessary for activity...
- Loss of the expression and localization of inhibin alpha-subunit in high grade prostate cancerS L Mellor
Institute of Reproduction and Development, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:969-75. 1998..These results demonstrate that in contrast to ovarian granulosa cell tumors, inhibin alpha gene expression is down-regulated in poorly differentiated prostate cancer...
- Betaglycan binds inhibin and can mediate functional antagonism of activin signallingK A Lewis
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 404:411-4. 2000..The ability of betaglycan to facilitate inhibin antagonism of activin provides a variation on the emerging roles of proteoglycans as co-receptors modulating ligand-receptor sensitivity, selectivity and function...
- Hypermethylation of the inhibin alpha-subunit gene in prostate carcinomaJacqueline F Schmitt
Monash Institute of Reproduction and Development, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 16:213-20. 2002..These data provide the first demonstration that promoter hypermethylation and LOH are associated with the inhibin alpha-subunit gene and gene locus in prostate cancer...
- Circulating levels of inhibin A, activin A and follistatin in missed and recurrent miscarriagesS Muttukrishna
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal Free UCL Medical School, 86 96 Chenies Mews, London WC1E 6HX, UK
Hum Reprod 17:3072-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate the changes in circulating levels and the clinical use of inhibin A, activin A and follistatin as endocrine markers of early pregnancy loss...
- Immunolocalization of inhibin and activin alpha and betaB subunits and expression of corresponding messenger RNAs in the human adult testisC Marchetti
INSERM U422, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Biol Reprod 68:230-5. 2003..These results agree with the recent opinion that inhibin B in adult men is possibly a joint product of Sertoli cells and germ cells...
- Re-evaluation of inhibin alpha subunit as a tumour suppressor in prostate cancerG P Risbridger
Monash Institute of Reproduction and Development, Monash Medical Centre, Monash University, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton 3168, Vic, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 225:73-6. 2004..An explanation such as this, involving a switch in gene function from being tumor suppressive to pro-oncogenic, may account for the discrepant findings in other types of cancer...
- Inhibin A and activin A may be used to predict pregnancy outcome in women with recurrent miscarriageAlka Prakash
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, University of Sheffield, Jessop Wing, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 83:1758-63. 2005..To look at the role of inhibin and activin in predicting pregnancy outcome in patients with history of recurrent miscarriage...
- Inhibin A and B in vitro bioactivities are modified by their degree of glycosylation and their affinities to betaglycanYogeshwar Makanji
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Endocrinology 148:2309-16. 2007..It is concluded that glycosylation of Asn(302) of the alpha-subunit of inhibin A and B results in a decrease in bioactivity, and the effect on inhibin A, at least, is explained by its reduced affinity to betaglycan...
- Suppression of inhibin A biological activity by alterations in the binding site for betaglycanYogeshwar Makanji
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Biol Chem 283:16743-51. 2008..Together these results indicate that a high affinity interaction between betaglycan and residues Val(108)-Tyr(120) of the inhibin alpha-subunit mediate inhibin A biological activity...
- High serum concentration of total inhibin in polycystic ovary syndromeAnastasia Tsigkou
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics, and Reproductive Medicine, University of Siena, Siena Italy
Fertil Steril 90:1859-63. 2008....
- Inhibin B is a more potent suppressor of rat follicle-stimulating hormone release than inhibin a in vitro and in vivoYogeshwar Makanji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Endocrinology 150:4784-93. 2009....
- Serum inhibin pro-αC is a tumor marker for adrenocortical carcinomasJohannes Hofland
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Room Ee 532, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 166:281-9. 2012....
- Inhibin as a marker for granulosa-cell tumorsR E Lappöhn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Groningen State University Hospital, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 321:790-3. 1989..We conclude that granulosa-cell tumors produce inhibin. Since serum inhibin levels reflect the size of the tumor, measurements of inhibin can be used as a marker for primary as well as recurrent disease...
- Possible involvement of inhibin in altered follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) secretion during dissociated luteinizing hormone (LH) and FSH release: unilateral castration and experimental cryptorchidismC Rivier
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, La Jolla, California 92037
Biol Reprod 41:967-81. 1989..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Variation in pituitary expression of mRNAs encoding the putative inhibin co-receptor (betaglycan) and type-I and type-II activin receptors during the chicken ovulatory cycleT M Lovell
School of Animal and Microbial Sciences, The University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO Box 228, Reading, Berkshire RG6 6AJ, UK
J Endocrinol 186:447-55. 2005..In contrast to mammals, intrapituitary expression of inhibin/activin subunits and follistatin appears to be extremely low or absent in the domestic fowl...
- Repression of the inhibin alpha-subunit gene by the transcription factor CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-betaAnna D Burkart
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, and Center for Reproductive Science, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Endocrinology 146:1909-21. 2005..Thus, there are two distinct mechanisms by which C/EBPbeta represses inhibin alpha-subunit gene expression in ovarian granulosa cells...
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of total inhibin: direct determination based on inhibin alpha subunit-specific monoclonal antibodiesJavad Khosravi
Diagnostic Systems Laboratories Inc, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Biochem 37:370-6. 2004..Because of the dependency of the published methods on boiling sample pre-treatment with SDS and unavailability of a commercial assay, we developed an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for direct determination of total inhibin...
- Imbalanced expression of inhibin and activin subunits in primary epithelial ovarian cancerW Zheng
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Gynecol Oncol 69:23-31. 1998..This study is designed to examine the expression of inhibin and activin subunits as well as activin receptor in primary ovarian epithelial tumors to explore their role in the process of ovarian epithelial tumorigenesis...
- Dynamics of messenger RNAs encoding inhibin/activin subunits and follistatin in the ovary during the rat estrous cycleKoji Y Arai
Department of Tissue Physiology and Laboratory of Veterinary Physiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Biol Reprod 66:1119-26. 2002..The changing pattern of ovarian follistatin mRNA was similar to, and preceded, the changes in plasma concentrations of progesterone, suggesting that ovarian follistatin may modulate progesterone secretion during the rat estrous cycle...
- Molecular cloning of inhibin/activin beta A-subunit complementary deoxyribonucleic acid and expression of inhibin/activin alpha- and beta A-subunits in the domestic henC C Chen
Department of Animal Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Biol Reprod 54:429-35. 1996..The present study also suggests that both inhibin and activin may serve as local factors to regulate cell function in chicken tissues...
- Plasma LH, FSH, testosterone, and age at puberty in ram lambs actively immunized against an inhibin alpha-subunit peptideJ E Wheaton
Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Theriogenology 60:933-41. 2003..Present findings show that active immunization against an inhibin alpha-peptide delays rather than advances puberty in ram lambs...
- Gonadal pathologies in transgenic mice expressing the rat inhibin alpha-subunitM L McMullen
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Endocrinology 142:5005-14. 2001..The antagonist studies are consistent with a direct ovarian effect of the alpha-subunit transgene product mediated by changes in the inhibin-to-activin ratio in these mice...
- Influence of mutations affecting gonadotropin production or responsiveness on expression of inhibin subunit mRNA and protein in the mouse ovaryRachel C Hirst
Human Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QX, UK
Reproduction 128:43-52. 2004..The high percentage of antral granulosa cells is likely to account for the significantly higher levels of inhibin B production in these ovaries...
- Reproductive deficiencies in transgenic mice expressing the rat inhibin alpha-subunit geneB N Cho
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Endocrinology 142:4994-5004. 2001....
- Applications of monoclonal anti-human inhibin alpha subunit in endometrial curettingsLeonardo D Santos
Department of Anatomical Pathology, South Western Area Pathology Service, Liverpool, NSW, Australia
Pathology 35:217-23. 2003..We also compared its expression with those of betaHCG, HPL and CAM 5.2...
- Purification and characterization of high molecular weight forms of inhibin from bovine follicular fluidK Sugino
Frontier Research Program, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
Endocrinology 130:789-96. 1992..On the basis of our findings, we propose that in bovine follicular fluid, the larger 105-kDa form of inhibin is processed successively to form the lowest molecular mass form, 32 kDa inhibin, through the smaller 95- and 55-kDa forms...
- Regulation of inhibin alpha- and beta(A)-subunit messenger ribonucleic acid levels by gonadotropins and IGF-I in cultured chicken granulosa cellsM Safi
Laboratory for Physiology and Immunology of Domestic Animals, Catholic University of Leuven, Karsteelpark Arenberg 30, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Gen Comp Endocrinol 131:159-67. 2003..Other factors may be also implicated in the changing expression levels of the beta(A)-subunit...
- The long-term effect of active immunization against inhibin in goatsX L Wang
Institute of Animal Husbandry and Genetics, University of Goettingen, Albrecht Thaer Weg 3, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Theriogenology 71:318-22. 2009..After about half a year, when the inhibin antibody titre has subsided, it is possible to return the does to the breeding flock without risking complications with normal breeding activity...
- Inhibin-alpha, -betaA and -betaB subunits in uterine non-endometrioid carcinomas: prognostic significance and clinical implicationsIoannis Mylonas
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur J Cancer 46:2485-93. 2010....
- Expression of inhibin alpha in adrenocortical tumours reflects the hormonal status of the neoplasmJ Arola
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
J Endocrinol 165:223-9. 2000..We did not find any significant difference in inhibin alpha expression between benign and malignant adrenocortical tumours. Thus inhibin alpha gene does not seem to have a tumour suppressor role in human adrenal cortex...
- Characterization of inhibin forms and their measurement by an inhibin alpha-subunit ELISA in serum from postmenopausal women with ovarian cancerD M Robertson
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:816-24. 2002..These new monoclonal antibody-based inhibin alphaC ELISAs now provide practical and sensitive assays suitable for evaluation as diagnostic tests for monitoring ovarian cancers...
- Immunodetection of NGF, trkA, p75 and inhibin alpha-subunit in interstitial cells of golden hamsters treated with hCGQiang Weng
College of Biological Science and Technology, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, China
J Reprod Dev 55:622-8. 2009....
- Identification of an inhibin receptor in gonadal tumors from inhibin alpha-subunit knockout miceL B Draper
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 273:398-403. 1998..Four proteins were eluted from the column that bind iodinated inhibin but not iodinated activin. These data suggest that inhibin-specific membrane-associated proteins (receptors) exist...
- Testicular inhibin in the stallion: cellular source and seasonal changes in its secretionS Nagata
Laboratory of Racing Chemistry, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Reprod 59:62-8. 1998....
- Inhibin-alpha subunit is an independent prognostic parameter in human endometrial carcinomas: analysis of inhibin/activin-alpha, -betaA and -betaB subunits in 302 casesIoannis Mylonas
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Maistrasse 11, 80337 Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Eur J Cancer 45:1304-14. 2009..Therefore, inhibin-alpha immunostaining might be used as a simple and efficient marker to identify high-risk patients leading to the selection of patients for an aggressive adjuvant therapy...
- Gonadotropin-dependent and gonadotropin-independent development of inhibin subunit messenger ribonucleic acid levels in the mouse ovaryP J O'Shaughnessy
Department of Veterinary Physiology, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 136:2060-5. 1995..The inhibin alpha-subunit, in contrast, is expressed at a high level during development independent of gonadotropin stimulation...
- Testicular and serum levels of inhibin and expression of inhibin subunit mRNAs are differentially affected by hemicastration in rats of various agesI A Klaij
Department of Endocrinology and Reproduction, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Endocrinol 141:143-51. 1994..In 22-day-old rats, a transiently decreased expression of inhibin beta B-subunit mRNA was observed 8 h after hemicastration.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Production and endocrine role of inhibin during the early development of bull calvesH Kaneko
Department of Genetic Resources II, National Institute of Agrobiological Resources, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
Biol Reprod 65:209-15. 2001..The results also indicate that the major production site of inhibin in the testis is Sertoli cells and that these cells produce inhibin that exerts a negative feedback effect on FSH secretion from early stages of development...
- Human testicular germ cell tumours express inhibin subunits, activin receptors and follistatin mRNAsR H van Schaik
Department of Endocrinology and Reproduction, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 76:1191-8. 1997....
- Variations in activin receptor, inhibin/activin subunit and follistatin mRNAs in human prostate tumour tissuesR H van Schaik
Department of Endocrinology and Reproduction, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 82:112-7. 2000....
- Stimulation of activin receptor II signaling pathways inhibits differentiation of multiple gastric epithelial lineagesQ Li
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Endocrinol 12:181-92. 1998..Mice homozygous for a null allele of the alpha-inhibin gene (inha[m1/m1]) develop gonadal sex cord stromal tumors that secrete large amounts of activins A and B...
- Molecular characteristics of rifampin and isoniazid resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains from Beijing, ChinaWei Wei Jiao
Beijing Pediatric Institute, Beijing Children s Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing 100045, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:814-9. 2007..We studied the molecular characteristics of rifampin (RIF) and isoniazid (INH) resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains from Beijing, China, in order to find out the genetic marker for rapid detection of specific drug resistance...
- Developmental expression of activin/inhibin beta A, beta B, and alpha subunits, and activin receptor-IIB genes in preimplantation mouse embryosR Z Lu
Department of Veterinary Physiology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biol Reprod 49:1163-9. 1993..These results suggest that activin is physiologically involved in the process of early development of mouse embryos...
- The management of tuberculosis: epidemiology, resistance and monitoringDidi Bang
Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen S, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 57:B4213. 2010..rifampin and isoniazid resistance mutation assay additionally included detection of mutations within the inhA gene conferring low-level isoniazid resistance...
- Candidate genes for premature ovarian failureNobuhiro Suzumori
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 Kawasumi, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Curr Med Chem 14:353-7. 2007..associated with POF have been identified in a small number of genes, including those encoding inhibin alpha (INHA), the FSH receptor and the LH/chorio gonadotrophin receptor...
- Retrograde transfer of 125I-radiolabelled activin and inhibin in the periovarian vascular complex in the sowB Wasowska
Department of Local Physiological Regulations, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Tuwima 10, 10 747 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 12:159-67. 2009..Thus this transfer could elevate their concentration in arterial blood supplied to the ovarian follicles or CL and may influence production of these peptides in the ovary, modulating ovarian function...
- Analysis of activin/TGFB-signaling modulators within the normal and dysfunctional adult human testis reveals evidence of altered signaling capacity in a subset of seminomasVinali L Dias
Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Reproduction 138:801-11. 2009..Signaling transducers phosphorylated SMAD2/3, and signaling modulators SMAD6, MAN-1, inhibin alpha (INHA), and beta-glycan were detected in Bouins fixed, paraffin-embedded adult human testis sections using ..
- Direct detection of rifampin- and isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis in auramine-rhodamine-positive sputum specimens by real-time PCRMaite Ruiz
Servicio de Microbiologia, HH UU Virgen del Rocío, Unidad de Microbiología Molecular, Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 42:1585-9. 2004..We studied three genes: rpoB, which is associated with rifampin resistance, and katG and inhA, which are associated with isoniazid resistance...
- Shift from Conn's syndrome to Cushing's syndrome in a recurrent adrenocortical carcinomaL Barzon
Department of Histology, Microbiology and Medical Biotechnologies, University of Padova, Via A Gabelli 63, I 35121 Padova, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 153:629-36. 2005..We report an unusual case of recurrent adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC), which seems to contradict the paradigm of functional adrenal zonation...
- Immunohistochemical localization of inhibin/activin alpha, betaA and betaB subunits and follistatin in bovine oocytes during in vitro maturation and fertilizationC C Silva
Departamento de Ciencias Agrarias, Universidade dos Acores, 9700 Angra do Heroísmo, Portugal
Reproduction 125:33-42. 2003..The possibility, indicated by these observations, that activin A and activin B may play distinct roles in bovine oocyte maturation and fertilization warrants further study...
- Rapid speciation of 15 clinically relevant mycobacteria with simultaneous detection of resistance to rifampin, isoniazid, and streptomycin in Mycobacterium tuberculosis complexShubhada Shenai
P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Maharashtra, India
Int J Infect Dis 13:46-58. 2009....
- Early changes in hippocampal Eph receptors precede the onset of memory decline in mouse models of Alzheimer's diseaseAna María Simón
Division of Neurosciences, CIMA, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain CIBERNED, Spain
J Alzheimers Dis 17:773-86. 2009..At the time of onset of memory decline inhA beta PP swe-ind mice, no change in surface expression of AMPA or NMDA receptor subunits was apparent, but we found ..
- [Evaluation of the genotype MTBDR assay for rapid detection of rifampin and isoniazid resistance in clinical Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex clinical isolates]Gonul Aslan
Mersin Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi, Tibbi Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Icel
Mikrobiyol Bul 43:217-26. 2009..at codon 293 (GCT-->ACT) in katG, one with dual mutation at 279 (GGC-->ACC) in katG and at 15th C-->T in inhA gene, one at 15th C-->T in inhA gene and one at 279 (GGC-->ACC) in katG gene region...
- Isoniazid affects multiple components of the type II fatty acid synthase system of Mycobacterium tuberculosisR A Slayden
Tuberculosis Research Section, Twinbrook II, Room 239, Laboratory of Host Defenses, 12441 Parklawn Drive, NIAID, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Mol Microbiol 38:514-25. 2000..These two components are an enoyl acyl carrier protein (ACP) reductase, InhA, and a beta-ketoacyl-ACP synthase, KasA...
- [Resistance to antituberculous drugs]N Veziris
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie Hygiene, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Arch Pediatr 12:S102-9. 2005..genes coding for activator enzymes (katg for isoniazid, pncA for pyrazinamide) or genes coding for their target (inhA for isoniazid/ethionamide, embB for ethambutol)...
- Fast-growing, non-infectious and intracellularly surviving drug-resistant Mycobacterium aurum: a model for high-throughput antituberculosis drug screeningAntima Gupta
Microbiology Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226001, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:774-81. 2009Enoyl acyl-carrier-protein reductase (InhA), the primary endogenous target for isoniazid and ethionamide, is crucial to type-II fatty acid biosynthesis (FAS-II)...
- Cyclosporins: structure-activity relationships for the inhibition of the human MDR1 P-glycoprotein ABC transporterFrancis Loor
Strasbourg 1 University, F 67083 Strasbourg, France
J Med Chem 45:4598-612. 2002..as naturally occurring in numerous cyclosporins, regularly leads to a decreased Pgp inhibitory activity (Pgp-InhA), up to its abrogation if it occurs at residues 4 and 9...
- Immunolocalization of inhibin alpha-subunit in the human testis. A light- and electron-microscopy studyG B Vannelli
Department of Human Anatomy and Histology, University of Florence, Italy
Cell Tissue Res 269:221-7. 1992..The results of the present study suggest that, in the human testis, inhibin is produced by Sertoli and Leydig cells and is taken up by spermatocytes, on which it might act in a paracrine manner...
- Inhibin antagonizes inhibition of liver cell growth by activin by a dominant-negative mechanismJ Xu
Albert B Alkek Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, Houston 77030 3303
J Biol Chem 270:6308-13. 1995..The results suggest that inhibin may be a natural antagonist of assembly of the heterodimeric activin receptor complex through a dominant-negative mechanism...
- Inhibin concentrations in mares with granulosa cell tumorsM T Bailey
Department of Bioengineering, Clemson University, SC 29634, USA
Theriogenology 57:1885-95. 2002..Determination of alpha-inhibin using RIA appeared to be a more reliable indicator of the presence of a GCT than specific measurement of alphabetaA-inhibin using IRMA...
- Characterization of plasma inhibin forms in fertile and infertile menD M Robertson
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria, 3168, Australia
Hum Reprod 18:1047-54. 2003..The aim of this study was to establish if the inhibin B mol wt distribution was altered in men with infertility...
- 1H and 13C NMR characterization of hemiamidal isoniazid-NAD(H) adducts as possible inhibitors of InhA reductase of Mycobacterium tuberculosisSylvain Broussy
Laboratoire de Chimie de Coordination, UPR CNRS, 205 route de Narbonne, 31077 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Chemistry 9:2034-8. 2003..oxidation generates a family of isomeric INH-NAD(H) adducts, which have been shown to be effective inhibitors of InhA, an enzyme essential in mycolic acid biosynthesis...
- Inhibin alpha distinguishes hemangioblastoma from clear cell renal cell carcinomaMai P Hoang
Department of Pathology, Unviersity of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Veterans Affairs north Texas health Care System, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:1152-6. 2003..While the diagnostic importance is evident, the pathophysiology of inhibin A expression by the stromal cells of hemangioblastoma remains unknown and further investigation is required...
- Follicle-restricted compartmentalization of transforming growth factor beta superfamily ligands in the feline ovarySarah K Bristol
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Biol Reprod 70:846-59. 2004..Taken together, the ligands, receptors, and signaling proteins for the TGFbeta superfamily are present at distinct points throughout feline folliculogenesis, suggesting discrete roles for each of these ligands during follicle maturation...
- Indirect Sertoli cell-mediated ablation of germ cells in mice expressing the inhibin-alpha promoter/herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase transgeneMaarit Ahtiainen
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Biol Reprod 71:1545-50. 2004..Thus, the model offers a new tool for studies on germ cell-Sertoli cell interactions by accurate alteration of the germ cell composition in seminiferous tubules...
- [Advances on inhibin genes]Yu Xue
College of Animal Science and Technology, Shanxi Agricultural University, Taigu 030 801, China
Yi Chuan 26:749-55. 2004..introduced the cloning, structure, localization, polymorphism, expression, molecular regulation of inhibin-alpha(INHA), -betaA (INHBA) and -beta B (INHBB) subunit genes and their relationships with reproductive performance and cancer...
- Molecular analysis of isoniazid and rifampin resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates recovered from BarcelonaPere Coll
Servei de Microbiologia, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona
Microb Drug Resist 11:107-14. 2005We studied the presence of mutations in the whole katG gene and specific regions of the oxyR-ahpC and mabA-inhA regulatory region in 61 Mycobacterium tuberculosis isoniazid-resistant isolates...
- Evidence from Raman spectroscopy that InhA, the mycobacterial enoyl reductase, modulates the conformation of the NADH cofactor to promote catalysisAlasdair F Bell
Department of Chemistry, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 3400, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:6425-31. 2007b>InhA, the enoyl reductase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis, catalyzes the NADH-dependent reduction of trans-2-enoyl-ACPs...
- Inhibition of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis enoyl acyl carrier protein reductase InhA by arylamidesXin He
Applied Technology Group, Incyte Corporation, Experimental Station, Wilmington, DE 19880, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 15:6649-58. 2007b>InhA, the enoyl acyl carrier protein reductase (ENR) from Mycobacterium tuberculosis, is one of the key enzymes involved in the type II fatty acid biosynthesis pathway of M. tuberculosis...
- Effects of immunization against two inhibin antigens on daily sperm production and hormone concentrations in ram lambsJ L Voge
Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108 6014, USA
J Anim Sci 85:3249-55. 2007....
- Synthesis and in vitro antimycobacterial activity of B-ring modified diaryl ether InhA inhibitorsChristopher W am Ende
Institute of Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery, Department of Chemistry, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 3400, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:3029-33. 2008Previous structure-based design studies resulted in the discovery of alkyl substituted diphenyl ether inhibitors of InhA, the enoyl reductase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- [Long-acting gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue in treatment of idiopathic central precocious puberty in girls]Hong Zhu
Department of Pediatrics, The Affiliated Children s Hospital, Collage of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 37:295-9. 2008..To investigate the efficacy and side-effects of long-acting gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue (GnRHa) in treatment of idiopathic central precocious puberty (ICPP) in girls...
- Unequal distribution of resistance-conferring mutations among Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium africanum strains from GhanaSusanne Homolka
Research Centre Borstel, National Reference Centre for Mycobacteria, Borstel, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 300:489-95. 2010..tuberculosis and M. africanum strains from Ghana, West Africa. The distribution of mutations in katG, fabG1-inhA, ahpC, and rpoB was determined by DNA sequencing in 217 INH-resistant (INH(r)) and 45 multidrug-resistant (MDR) MTC ..
- Investigating the structural basis of arylamides to improve potency against M. tuberculosis strain through molecular dynamics simulationsAuradee Punkvang
Department of Chemistry, Ubon Ratchathani University, 85 Sthollmark Road, Warinchamrap, Ubonratchathani 34190, Thailand
Eur J Med Chem 45:5585-93. 2010Arylamides have been identified as direct InhA inhibitors which overcome the drug-resistance problem of isoniazid, the first-line drug for tuberculosis treatment...
- Influence of anabolic combinations of an androgen plus an estrogen on biochemical pathways in bovine uterine endometrium and ovaryC Becker
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85384 Freising, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 125:192-201. 2011..proliferation (TNFα, IGF-1, IGFBPs, p53, c-fos; CEBPD, c-kit), apoptosis (CASP3, FasL, p53) and others (C7, INHA, STAR). Several genes were regulated to opposite directions in post-pubertal compared to pre-pubertal animals...
- Novel inhibitors of InhA efficiently kill Mycobacterium tuberculosis under aerobic and anaerobic conditionsCatherine Vilcheze
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3889-98. 2011..We chose to search for new inhibitors of the enoyl-acyl carrier protein (ACP) reductase InhA, the target of the first-line TB drug isoniazid (also known as isonicotinoic acid hydrazide [INH])...
- Polymorphisms in follicle stimulation hormone receptor, inhibin alpha, inhibin bata A, and prolactin genes, and their association with sperm quality in Chinese Holstein bullsLei Sang
China Education Ministry s Key Laboratory in Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, College of Animal Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China
Anim Reprod Sci 126:151-6. 2011Candidate genes follicle stimulation hormone receptor (FSHR), inhibin alpha (INHA), inhibin bata A (INHBA) and prolactin (PRL) were investigated for their association with sperm quality traits of semen volume per ejaculate (VOL), sperm ..
- [Establishment and drug susceptibility test of isoniazid resistant Mycobacterium smegmatis]Ping ping Jia
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 46:377-82. 2011..The inhA is one of a target of isoniazid (INH) overexpression or mutation of this gene in Mycobacterium tuberculosis ..
- Relationship between inhibin-α gene polymorphisms and premature ovarian failure in Korean womenHoon Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Menopause 18:1232-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between inhibin-α (INHα) gene polymorphisms and the prevalence of premature ovarian failure (POF) in Korean women...
- Expression and cellular distribution of INHA and INHB before and after in vitro cultivation of porcine oocytes isolated from follicles of different sizeBartosz Kempisty
Department of Histology and Embryology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 6 Swiecickiego St, 60 781 Poznan, Poland
J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:742829. 2012..COCs) were collected from small (<3 mm), medium (3-5 mm), and large (>5 mm) porcine follicles, and the INHA and INHB expression and cellular localization were studied...
- Geographical differences associated with single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in nine gene targets among resistant clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosisMatt Hoshide
University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
J Clin Microbiol 52:1322-9. 2014..The "hot spot" or promoter sequences of nine genes (rpoB, gyrA, gyrB, katG, inhA promoter, ahpC promoter, eis promoter, rrs, and tlyA) associated with resistance to four types of antibiotics (..
- Discovery of new inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis InhA enzyme using virtual screening and a 3D-pharmacophore-based approachIvani Pauli
Laboratório de Bioinformática, Modelagem e Simulação de Biossistemas LABIO, Faculdade de Informática, PUCRS, Brazil
J Chem Inf Model 53:2390-401. 2013Mycobacterium tuberculosis InhA (MtInhA) is an attractive enzyme to drug discovery efforts due to its validation as an effective biological target for tuberculosis therapy...
- Isoniazid: an update on the multiple mechanisms for a singular actionV Bernardes-Genisson
CNRS, LCC Laboratoire de Chimie de Coordination, 205, route de Narbonne, BP 44099, F 31077 Toulouse, Cedex 4, France, Universite de Toulouse, UPS, INPT, F 31077 Toulouse, Cedex 4, France
Curr Med Chem 20:4370-85. 2013..tuberculosis, into an active metabolite able, after reaction with NAD, to inhibit an enzyme (InhA) crucial to M. tuberculosis survival. This represents the most consensual mechanism described to date...
- Rapid and accurate detection of rifampin and isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis using an oligonucleotide arrayW L Huang
Reference Laboratory of Mycobacteriology, Research and Diagnostic Centre, Centres for Disease Control, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Microbiol Infect 20:O542-9. 2014..The array simultaneously identifies M. tuberculosis and predominant mutations in the rpoB, katG and inhA upstream regulatory region (inhA-r) genes. The system was assessed with 324 clinical M...
- A rapid fluorescence polarization-based method for genotypic detection of drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosisYisuo Sun
Division of Life Science and Applied Genomics Center, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 98:4095-105. 2014..tuberculosis, viz. rpoB, rpsL, rrs, embB, katG, or inhA. The method utilizes polymerase chain reaction amplified fragments of the drug resistant genes as reaction ..
- Comparative proteomic analysis of experimental evolution of the Bacillus cereus-Ketogulonicigenium vulgare co-cultureQian Ma
Key Laboratory of Systems Bioengineering, Ministry of Education and Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Collaborative Innovation Center of Chemical Science and Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, P R China
PLoS ONE 9:e91789. 2014..vulgare, while the expression level of InhA and the transport efficiency of oligopeptides were increased in the evolved B. cereus...
- Detecting novel genetic variants associated with isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosisSandhya Shekar
Division of Medical Sciences, National Cancer Centre, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 9:e102383. 2014..INH-resistant MTB clinical isolates are frequently mutated in the katG gene and the inhA promoter region, but 10 to 37% of INH-resistant clinical isolates have no detectable alterations in currently known ..
- Polymorphisms in inhibin α gene promoter associated with male infertilityWan hong Li
College of Animal Sciences, Jilin University, 5333 Xian Road, Changchun 130062, PR China
Gene 559:172-6. 2015..Given this important role, inhibin-α subunit (INHA) is a strong candidate gene in male fertility...
- Phosphodiesterases in the rat ovary: effect of cAMP in primordial folliclesTonny Studsgaard Petersen
Laboratory of Reproductive BiologyThe Juliane Marie Centre for Women, Children, and Reproduction, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen University, Department 5712, Blegdamsvej 9, Copenhagen 2100, DenmarkLEO PharmaBallerup 2750, Denmark Laboratory of Reproductive BiologyThe Juliane Marie Centre for Women, Children, and Reproduction, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen University, Department 5712, Blegdamsvej 9, Copenhagen 2100, DenmarkLEO PharmaBallerup 2750, Denmark
Reproduction 150:11-20. 2015..not increase primordial follicle activation or change the expression of the developing follicle markers Gdf9, Amh, Inha, the proliferation marker Mki67 or the primordial follicle marker Tmeff2...
- Molecular determinants of a competent bovine corpus luteum: first- vs final-wave dominant folliclesE Gregson
School of BiosciencesUniversity of Nottingham, Loughborough, UK
Reproduction 151:563-75. 2016..Transcripts for further components of the TGF and IGF systems (e.g. INHA, INHBA, IGF2R and IGFBP2) varied between the first- and final-wave DFs...
- The genotypic study of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex resistant to isoniazid: Galicia, Spain (2008-2013)M L Perez del Molino
Microbiology Department, Complexo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruna, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 35:1795-1801. 2016..54 % of MDR strains and 34.38 % of non-MDR strains. The 28.44 % had mutations in inhA, (93.55 % in C15T), and 38.46 % of MDR strains were mutated. In non-MDR strains, 37.50 % were wild-type, 35...
- Detection of novel and reported mutations in the rpoB, katG and inhA genes in multidrug-resistant tuberculosis isolates: A hospital-based studyGayathri Ramasubban
L and T Microbiology Research Centre, Vision Research Foundation, KNBIRVO Building, 41 College Road, Chennai 600006, India
J Glob Antimicrob Resist 3:1-4. 2015..performed targeting the rpoB gene for RIF and the whole of the katG gene and the promoter and coding region of the inhA gene for INH...
- Testicular activin and follistatin levels are elevated during the course of experimental autoimmune epididymo-orchitis in miceNour Nicolas
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Sci Rep 7:42391. 2017..peak activin expression during the active phase of the disease, whereas mRNA expression of the inhibin B subunits (Inha and Inhbb) and activin receptor subunits (Acvr1b and Acvr2b) were downregulated...
- Gonadal tumorigenesis in transgenic mice bearing the mouse inhibin alpha-subunit promoter/simian virus T-antigen fusion gene: characterization of ovarian tumors and establishment of gonadotropin-responsive granulosa cell linesK Kananen
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Mol Endocrinol 9:616-27. 1995....
- The mouse inhibin alpha-subunit promoter directs SV40 T-antigen to Leydig cells in transgenic miceK Kananen
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 119:135-46. 1996..This gonadal tumor model is valuable for further studies on endocrine functions of Leydig cells and their tumorigenesis in vivo and in vitro...
- Dizygotic twinning is not linked to variation at the alpha-inhibin locus on human chromosome 2G W Montgomery
Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research and Joint Genetics Program, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:3391-5. 2000..The results also suggest that mutations in other candidates on chromosome 2, including the receptor for FSH and the betaB-inhibin subunit (INHBB) cannot be major contributors to risk for DZ twinning...
- Gonadotropins, via cAMP, negatively regulate GATA-1 gene expression in testicular cellsZhifang Zhang
Population Council, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 143:829-36. 2002..The inhibitory effect on GATA-1 gene expression was specific to testicular cells and was not observed in erythroid cells...
- Effect of Drug Resistance on Transmissibility and Pathogenicity of M. tuberculosiPhilip C Hopewell; Fiscal Year: 2013..fully susceptible M. tuberculosis;b. isoniazid resistant organisms with the katG S315T mutation and inhA prom -15ct;c. isoniazid resistant-organisms with katG mutations other than other than S315T;and d...
- John H Nilson; Fiscal Year: 2014..of a diverse group of target genes that include vascular endothelial growth factor (Vegf), inhibin-a (officially Inha), luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor (officially Lhcgr), and protein kinase A regulatory subunit RIIb (..
- INH-induced lysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosisWilliam Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2003..The three dimensional structure of InhA was determined, and its enzymatic activity was unexpectedly found be in inhibited by an INH-NAD adduct that bound ..
- Chemotherapeutics Against Multi-Drug Resistant TuberculosisPeter J Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2010..tuberculosis (MTB) enoyl reductase enzyme, InhA, a validated target for TB drug discovery...
- Transcription Factor Interactions in Inhibin RegulationKelly Mayo; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ARYL BRANCHED CHAIN ACYL COA ESTERS INHIBIT MYCOBACTERIUSamuel Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..GFZ-CoA also competitively inhibits InhA, the M.tb. enoyl reductase that is a target of INH. L. pneumophila converts 3H-GFZ to 3H- GFZ-CoA in vivo...
- CATALASE-PEROXIDASE CATALYSIS IN ANTIBIOTIC ACTIVATIONRICHARD MAGLIOZZO; Fiscal Year: 2002..tuberculosis strains. Inhibition of another M. tuberculosis enzyme, a fatty acyl enoyl reductase (the inhA protein) thought to be a target of drug action, by isoniazid activated catalase-peroxidase, will also be ..
- Inhibition of Fatty Acid Biosynthesis in M. TuberculosisPeter Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposal has two Aims. Specific Aim 1 focuses on the design and synthesis of inhibitors that target InhA, the enoyl reductase FASII enzyme...
- Role of Mtb KatG in Isoniazid Activation and ResistanceREZA GHILADI; Fiscal Year: 2005..assays aimed at measuring the formation of the INH-NAD adduct, which has been found to be a potent inhibitor of InhA (involved in mycolic acid biosynthesis)...
- MECHANISM OF ACTIVIN ACTION IN GRANULOSA CELLSTeresa Woodruff; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will establish the causal relationship between the activin system and normal and abnormal follicle function. ..
- Menaquinone Biosynthesis in M. TuberculosisPeter Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Structure-Function Studies of Fluorescent ProteinsPeter Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, native chemical ligation will be used to insert unnatural amino acids into the chromophore in order to directly probe the mechanism of chromophore formation. ..
- Targetting InhA For Anti-TB Drug DiscoveryPeter Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will design and synthesize inhibitors of InhA, the enoyl-reductase enzyme from M. tuberculosis (MTB)...
- Targeting the PlsX/Y pathway for novel antimicrobialsCharles O Rock; Fiscal Year: 2010..anthracis activity. The end point of our studies will produce a better understanding of this important biological pathway and determine whether it is a suitable target for antibacterial drug discovery. ..
- Inhibin/Activin Family in Human Cranifocial DevelopmentGeralyn Messerlian; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Substrate Recognition and Activation in Beta-OxidationPeter Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RECOMBINANT INHIBINPatent Number: WO8606076-A1; Date:1986-10-23