Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL4R
Description: interleukin 4 receptor
Alias: CD124, IL-4RA, IL4RA, IL-4 receptor subunit alpha, IL4R nirs variant 1, interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain, interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha
Publications168 found, 100 shown here
- High contribution contrast between the genes of eosinophil peroxidase and IL-4 receptor alpha-chain in Japanese cedar pollinosisHiroyuki Nakamura
Department of Environmental Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Japan
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1127-31. 2003..Japanese cedar pollinosis is the most common form of hayfever in Japan in spring and has remarkably increased since 1960...
- Glucocorticoids induce an activated, anti-inflammatory monocyte subset in mice that resembles myeloid-derived suppressor cellsGeorg Varga
Institute of Immunology, Muenster, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 84:644-50. 2008..In addition to their immunosuppressive effects, they were CD11b(+)Gr-1(+) and expressed the IL-4Ralpha chain (CD124), a recently described, signature molecule of tumor-induced myeloid-derived suppressor cells (MDSC)...
- The IL-4 receptor: signaling mechanisms and biologic functionsK Nelms
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 17:701-38. 1999..We particularly emphasize the modular nature of the receptor and the specialization of different receptor regions for distinct functions, most notably the independent regulation of cell growth and gene activation...
- Interleukin 13 and interleukin 4 receptor-α polymorphisms in rhinitis and asthmaRenske W B Bottema
Department of Pulmonology, University Medical Center, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 153:259-67. 2010..Genetic research can increase our understanding of their common or distinct pathogenesis. IL13 and IL4R polymorphisms are associated with asthma and show gene-gene interaction in asthma...
- No evidence of association or interaction between the IL4RA, IL4, and IL13 genes in type 1 diabetesLisa M Maier
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 76:517-21. 2005..reported for the interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 genes (IL4 and IL13) with the interleukin-4 receptor A gene (IL4RA), contributing to the susceptibility of type 1 diabetes (T1D)...
- Structural basis for IL-4 receptor phosphopeptide recognition by the IRS-1 PTB domainM M Zhou
Pharmaceutical Discovery Division, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
Nat Struct Biol 3:388-93. 1996..We explain the phosphopeptide binding specificity based on the structure of the complex and results of site-directed mutagenesis experiments...
- Gene-gene interaction in asthma: IL4RA and IL13 in a Dutch population with asthmaTimothy D Howard
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:230-6. 2002..These cytokines also share a common receptor component, IL4R alpha. We have investigated five IL4RA single-nucleotide polymorphisms in a population of Dutch families ascertained through a proband with asthma...
- Gene-gene interactions for asthma and plasma total IgE concentration in Chinese childrenIris H S Chan
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:127-33. 2006..Asthma is a complex disease resulting from interactions between multiple genes and environmental factors. Study of gene-gene interactions could provide insight into asthma pathophysiology...
- Gene-gene interaction between interleukin-4 and interleukin-4 receptor alpha in Korean children with asthmaS G Lee
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1202-8. 2004..Interleukin-4 receptor alpha (IL-4Ralpha), which binds IL-4 and IL-13, is involved in signal transduction of those cytokines that lead to IgE production, and is also a key functional component of the Th2 lymphocyte phenotype...
- Variation in cytokine genes can contribute to severity of acetabular osteolysis and risk for revision in patients with ABG 1 total hip arthroplasty: a genetic association studyJiri Gallo
Department of Orthopaedics, Teaching Hospital and Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University, I P Pavlova 6, Olomouc775 20, Czech Republic Laboratory of Immunogenomics, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University, I P Pavlova 6, Olomouc 775 20, Czech Republic
BMC Med Genet 10:109. 2009..This may be driven by functional polymorphisms in the genes for cytokines and cytokine receptors involved in the development of osteolysis in THA, thereby having an effect on the individual's phenotype...
- No linkage of the interleukin-4 receptor locus on chromosome 16p11.2-12.1 with sarcoidosis in German multiplex familiesA Bohnert
Institute of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Eur J Immunogenet 29:269-72. 2002..136 affected siblings for three single nucleotide polymorphisms of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chain gene (IL4R). Allele frequencies in patients were compared to those of healthy unrelated control individuals...
- Enhanced CCL26 production by IL-4 through IFN-gamma-induced upregulation of type 1 IL-4 receptor in keratinocytesNatsuko Nishi
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:234-40. 2008..These results indicate that IFN-gamma has opposite effects on IL-4-induced CCL26 production in NHEK depending on the time of exposure. Thus, changes in IL-4R expression by IFN-gamma might modulate eosinophilic skin inflammation...
- Association between interleukin-4R and TGF-β1 gene polymorphisms and the risk of colorectal cancer in a Korean populationY S Lee
Department of Surgery, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Colorectal Dis 12:1208-12. 2010..The authors analysed the association between genetic polymorphisms in cytokine/cytokine receptor genes and the risk of colorectal cancer in a Korean population...
- The WD motif-containing protein RACK-1 functions as a scaffold protein within the type I IFN receptor-signaling complexAnna Usacheva
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 171:2989-94. 2003..Finally, we provide evidence that RACK-1 may also serve as a scaffold protein in other cytokine systems such as IL-2, IL-4, and erythropoietin...
- Expression of IL-4/IL-13 receptors in differentiating human airway epithelial cellsSteven R White
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L681-93. 2010....
- Polymorphisms in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain gene influence susceptibility to HIV-1 infection and its progression to AIDSAlex Soriano
Service of Infectious Diseases and AIDS Unit, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Villarroel, 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Immunogenetics 57:644-54. 2005..objective is to investigate whether single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the IL-4 receptor alpha chain gene (IL4RA) affect HIV infection and its progression to AIDS...
- Association and interaction of the IL4R, IL4, and IL13 loci with type 1 diabetes among FilipinosTeodorica L Bugawan
Roche Molecular Systems, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
Am J Hum Genet 72:1505-14. 2003..Ten single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), including two promoter SNPs in the IL4R locus on chromosome 16p11, one promoter SNP in the IL4 locus on chromosome 5q31, and four SNPs--including two ..
- Effects of common atopy-associated amino acid substitutions in the IL-4 receptor alpha chain on IL-4 induced phenotypesIzolda Franjkovic
Institute of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Langhansstrasse 7, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Immunogenetics 56:808-17. 2005The human IL-4 receptor alpha chain gene (IL4R) is highly polymorphic and controversial reports have been published with respect to the association of different single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) with atopy markers...
- Polymorphisms of interleukin (IL)-4 receptor alpha and signal transducer and activator of transcription-6 (Stat6) are associated with increased IL-4Ralpha-Stat6 signalling in lymphocytes and elevated serum IgE in patients with Graves' diseaseK Yabiku
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Internal Medicine, University of the Ryukyus School of Medicine, Okinawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 148:425-31. 2007..05 and 2.2-fold; P < 0.05, respectively). These findings suggest that polymorphisms in the IL-4Ralpha and Stat6 genes play an important role in elevation of serum IgE through increased Stat6 action in patients with Graves' disease...
- Two distinct domains within the N-terminal region of Janus kinase 1 interact with cytokine receptorsAnna Usacheva
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immunol 169:1302-8. 2002....
- V75R576 IL-4 receptor alpha is associated with allergic asthma and enhanced IL-4 receptor functionKimberly A Risma
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Immunol 169:1604-10. 2002..These data illustrate the importance of studying snps in combination, because the functional significance of a given snp may only be evident in a specific setting of additional snps in the same or different genes...
- Genetic polymorphisms of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha gene are associated with an increasing risk and a poor prognosis of sporadic renal cell carcinoma in a Japanese populationEijiro Nakamura
Department of Urology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 8:2620-5. 2002..The significance of the polymorphisms on the incidence and prognosis in sporadic RCC patients were examined to clarify the role of IL-4 as well as that of the Th1/Th2 immune system in this disease...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes in the healthy Slovak populationJ Javor
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Comenius University, Saskinova 4, 811 08 Bratislava, Slovakia
Int J Immunogenet 34:273-80. 2007..However, several differences were found between the Slovak and four populations from Southern Europe. The obtained data represent a basis for further studies on association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with some diseases...
- Associations between specific serum IgE response and 6 variants within the genes IL4, IL13, and IL4RA in German children: the German Multicenter Atopy StudyXin Liu
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:489-95. 2004..C-590T in the IL4 gene, C-1055T and Arg130Gln in the IL13 gene, and Ile50Val, Ser478Pro, and Gln551Arg in the IL4RA gene)...
- Linkage and allelic association of atopy and markers flanking the IL4-receptor geneK A Deichmann
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 28:151-5. 1998..In 1994 linkage of the 5q32 gene region and elevated total IgE levels were reported, leaving the IL4 gene as a prominent candidate...
- Common polymorphisms in the coding part of the IL4-receptor geneK Deichmann
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 231:696-7. 1997..Furthermore, the protein represents a candidate gene for several immunological disorders involving the IL4 pathway...
- Ile50Val variant of IL4R alpha upregulates IgE synthesis and associates with atopic asthmaH Mitsuyasu
Nat Genet 19:119-20. 1998
- The polymorphisms S503P and Q576R in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha gene are associated with atopy and influence the signal transductionS Kruse
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Immunology 96:365-71. 1999..This could explain the observed association effects with lowered total IgE concentrations...
- Polymorphisms in the IL-13 and IL-4 receptor alpha genes and allergic rhinitisJeong Joong Kim
Department of Anatomy, Wonkwang Institute of Medical Science, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Iksan, Chonbuk, South Korea
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:395-9. 2007..Our results suggest that the IL-13 exon 4 G2044A polymorphism confers susceptibility to the development of allergic rhinitis in Koreans, whereas the IL-4Ralpha Gln551Arg polymorphism is not related to allergic rhinitis...
- The association of atopy with a gain-of-function mutation in the alpha subunit of the interleukin-4 receptorG K Hershey
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
N Engl J Med 337:1720-5. 1997..Atopic diseases are very common, and atopy has a strong genetic predisposition...
- Variation in the interleukin 4-receptor alpha gene confers susceptibility to asthma and atopy in ethnically diverse populationsC Ober
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60636, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:517-26. 2000After a genomewide screen in the Hutterites was completed, the IL4RA gene was examined as the 16p-linked susceptibility locus for asthma and atopy...
- Association of interleukin-4 and interleukin-1B gene variants with Larsen score progression in rheumatoid arthritisStephane Genevay
University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 47:303-9. 2002..To perform a genetic association study using markers in the interleukin-1 (IL-1) gene cluster and the IL-4/IL-4 receptor system genes, seeking evidence for involvement in the onset or the erosive outcome of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Cytokine and chemokine gene polymorphisms among ethnically diverse North Americans with HIV-1 infectionChengbin Wang
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:446-54. 2004..13-4.82; P = 0.003-0.05) for several SNPs and haplotypes defined at the IL4, IL4R, IL6, IL10, CCL5 (RANTES), and CXCL12 (SDF1) loci...
- The high-affinity interaction of human IL-4 and the receptor alpha chain is constituted by two independent binding clustersJin Li Zhang
Department of Physiological Chemistry II, Biocenter, University of Wuerzburg, Am Hubland, 97074 Wuerzburg, Germany
J Mol Biol 315:399-407. 2002..These results show that the high-affinity IL-4/IL4-BP contact is constituted by two independent binding units, each containing a central polar or charged side-chain surrounded by hydrophobic groups (avocado cluster)...
- Regulation of the dephosphorylation of Stat6. Participation of Tyr-713 in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha, the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1, and the proteasomeErica M Hanson
Department of Immunology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 278:3903-11. 2003..These results suggest that the loss of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat6 is regulated by the action of SHP-1 and the proteasome but is not dependent on new protein synthesis...
- Functional effect of the R110Q IL13 genetic variant alone and in combination with IL4RA genetic variantsWeiguo Chen
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:553-60. 2004..IL-13 mediates its effects via its receptor, a heterodimer composed of IL-4R alpha and IL-13R alpha1. Polymorphic variants of both IL-13 and IL-4R alpha have been shown to be associated with atopy...
- Lack of association or interactions between the IL-4, IL-4Ralpha and IL-13 genes, and rheumatoid arthritisIoanna Marinou
Section of Musculoskeletal Sciences, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, The University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R80. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the role of polymorphism in the IL-4, IL-4Ralpha and IL-13 genes in RA, including an examination of epistasis...
- Ethnicity-specific gene-gene interaction between IL-13 and IL-4Ralpha among African Americans with asthmaNatalie C Battle
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2911, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:881-7. 2007..Furthermore, interaction between these genes has been shown to affect asthma in white and Chinese populations...
- Differential regulation of IL-1 production in human monocytes by IFN-gamma and IL-4R P Donnelly
Division of Cytokine Biology, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 145:569-75. 1990..Together these findings demonstrate that the relative levels of IFN-gamma and IL-4 may profoundly influence the state of monocyte activation by differentially regulating the expression of IL-1...
- Association of non-HLA genes with type 1 diabetes autoimmunityAndrea K Steck
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Mail Stop A140, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045 6511, USA
Diabetes 54:2482-6. 2005..Genes involved in the IL-4 regulatory pathway (IL-4, IL-4R, IL-13) may confer susceptibility or protection to type 1 diabetes depending on individual SNPs or specific haplotypes...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 tat gene up-regulates interleukin 4 receptors on a human B-lymphoblastoid cell lineR K Puri
Division of Cytokine Biology, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Cancer Res 52:3787-90. 1992....
- Crystal structure of the interleukin-4/receptor alpha chain complex reveals a mosaic binding interfaceT Hage
Institut für Physiologische Chemie II, Theodor Boveri Institut für Biowissen Schaften Biozentrum, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Cell 97:271-81. 1999..Novel insights on ligand binding in the cytokine receptor family and a paradigm for receptors of IL-2, IL-7, IL-9, and IL-15, which all utilize gamma c, are provided...
- Polymorphisms of IL-4, IL-4R alpha, and AICDA genes in adult allergic asthmaTianpen Cui
Immunology Laboratory, Xiehe Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 23:134-7. 2003..127, respectively; P < 0.01)] and was correlated with the increased plasma total IgE. These data suggested that the IL-4R alpha chain 576R/R and AICDA 8408T/T genotypes confer genetic susceptibility to adult allergic asthma in China...
- Association of the IL4R single-nucleotide polymorphism I50V with rapidly erosive rheumatoid arthritisIryna Prots
Nikolaus Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine, Clinical Research Group III, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 54:1491-500. 2006To examine whether single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the interleukin-4 receptor gene IL4R influence susceptibility to, or radiographic progression in, rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Polymorphisms in the IL4 and IL4RA genes in Colombian patients with rheumatoid arthritisOlga Moreno
Laboratorio de Inmunologia y Biologia Molecular, Grupo de Inmunología y Epidemiología Molecular, Facultad de Salud, Universidad Industrial de Santander, Bucaramanga, Spain
J Rheumatol 34:36-42. 2007..We analyzed 2 polymorphisms of the IL4 gene and 4 polymorphisms of the IL4RA gene in patients with RA and in a control population, as well as rheumatoid factor (RF) seropositivity, titers of ..
- [IL4RA gene polymorphism (Q576R) is associated with higher total IgE levels in Spanish patients with family history of atopy]Maria Isidoro-Garcia
Unidad de Medicina Molecular, Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:211-2. 2005..There is an association between atopy and the polymorphism Q576R in the IL4RA gene...
- Transcriptional up-regulation of interleukin 4 receptors by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 tat geneS R Husain
Laboratory of Molecular Tumor Biology, FDA, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 12:1349-59. 1996..These results allow us to speculate that HIV-1 tat may interact directly with the IL-4R gene and up-regulate IL-4R transcription...
- Haplotypes of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain gene associate with susceptibility to and severity of atopic asthmaA M Hytönen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1570-5. 2004..Several groups have suggested the gene of the IL-4 receptor alpha chain (IL4R) as a candidate gene for the development of asthma, although association with single polymorphisms has shown ..
- An IL-4 receptor region containing an insulin receptor motif is important for IL-4-mediated IRS-1 phosphorylation and cell growthA D Keegan
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Cell 76:811-20. 1994..Thus, the central tyrosine of the I4R motif has a major role in IL-4-mediated signal transduction in 32D cells...
- Novel interleukin-4 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene variations associated with non-cardia gastric cancer in Japan: comprehensive analysis of 207 polymorphisms of 11 cytokine genesHiroshi Seno
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:729-37. 2007..The present study examines the significance of gene polymorphisms of various cytokines in the development of gastric cancer following H. pylori infection...
- The interleukin-4 receptor gene (IL4R) maps to 16p11.2-16p12.1 in human and to the distal region of mouse chromosome 7M A Pritchard
Department of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, Adelaide Children s Hospital, Australia
Genomics 10:801-6. 1991The chromosomal location of both the human and the mouse interleukin-4 receptor (IL4R) genes have been determined. The human gene was localized to 16p11.2-16p12...
- Identification of a novel single-nucleotide polymorphism (Val554Ile) and definition of eight common alleles for human IL4RA exon 11F Lozano
Servei d Immunologia, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Tissue Antigens 57:216-20. 2001The interleukin (IL)-4 receptor alpha chain gene (IL4RA) is a polymorphic gene which is reportedly involved in the development of atopy...
- Asthma and IL-4 receptor alpha gene variantsM Wjst
German Asthma Genetics Group, Munich, Germany
Eur J Immunogenet 29:263-8. 2002..As there could be interactions with multiple genetic and environmental factors, IL4Ralpha could still be involved in asthma pathogenesis...
- Association of IL4R haplotypes with type 1 diabetesDaniel B Mirel
Department of Human Genetics, Roche Molecular Systems, Alameda, California 94501, USA
Diabetes 51:3336-41. 2002..the Human Biological Data Interchange Repository), the association of type 1 diabetes with polymorphisms in the IL4R gene. IL4R encodes a subunit of the interleukin-4 receptor, a molecule critical to T-helper cell development...
- The IL-4 receptor alpha-chain cytoplasmic domain is sufficient for activation of JAK-1 and STAT6 and the induction of IL-4-specific gene expressionM Reichel
Department of Dermatology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Immunol 158:5860-7. 1997....
- Selective induction of eotaxin release by interleukin-13 or interleukin-4 in human airway smooth muscle cells is synergistic with interleukin-1beta and is mediated by the interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chainStuart J Hirst
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, The Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, Guy s Hospital Campus, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:1161-71. 2002..Collectively, the data suggest that selective eotaxin release induced either by IL-13 and IL-4 or when combined with IL-1beta is mediated by a constitutive cell surface IL-4Ralpha and the activation of multiple intracellular pathways...
- Roles for the interleukin-4 receptor and associated JAK/STAT proteins in human articular chondrocyte mechanotransductionS J Millward-Sadler
Osteoarticular Research Group, Division of Pathology, University of Edinburgh, Medical School, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 14:991-1001. 2006To identify functional interleukin-4 (IL4) receptor (IL4R) subtypes and associated Janus kinase/signal transducers and activators of transcription (JAK/STAT) molecules in human articular chondrocytes and assess the role of JAK/STAT ..
- Epithelial interleukin-4 receptor expression promotes colon tumor growthFelicitas L Koller
Section of Surgical Sciences, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:1010-7. 2010..An orthotopic allograft model was used to determine in vivo effects of tumor cell-specific IL4Ra ablation...
- Polymorphisms in the interleukin-4 and interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain genes confer susceptibility to asthma and atopy in a Caucasian populationB Beghe
Divisions of Human Genetics Infection, Inflammation and Repair, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1111-7. 2003..IL-4 by binding to its receptor (IL-4R) is essential for the development of airway inflammation present in asthma, through the induction of IgE synthesis in B cells and differentiation of T cells to a Th2 phenotype...
- Expression and production of interleukin 4 in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaT Mainou-Fowler
University Department of Haematology, School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 42:689-98. 2001..isolated B-CLL cells enriched for B- and T-cells did not express mRNA for IL4 but expressed mRNA for IL4 receptor (IL4R)...
- The activity of interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chain promoter is regulated by a GT box elementBeatriz Dorado
Unidad de Regulación Génica, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Carretera Majadahonda Pozuelo Km 2, 28220 Madrid, Spain
Mol Immunol 43:1808-16. 2006..Experiments in SL2 cells, which lack endogenous Sp proteins, show that IL-4Ralpha minimal promoter is transactivated by proteins of Sp family...
- Regulation of IL-13 receptor alpha 1 expression and signaling on human tonsillar B-lymphocyte subsetsOumnia Hajoui
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:1425-32. 2007..T(H)2 cytokines play crucial roles in driving human B lymphocytes to produce IgE. However, it is unclear whether IL-4 and IL-13 have parallel or sequential roles in the development of B lymphocytes...
- IL-4Ralpha responsiveness of non-CD4 T cells contributes to resistance in schistosoma mansoni infection in pan-T cell-specific IL-4Ralpha-deficient miceBenjamin Dewals
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB University Campus, Room S1 27 Werner Beith South Wing, Observatory 7925, Cape Town, South Africa
Am J Pathol 175:706-16. 2009..Here we generated a novel mouse model lacking IL-4Ralpha expression specifically on all T cells (iLck(cre)Il4ra(-/lox)), which was compared with CD4(+) T cell-specific IL-4Ralpha-deficient mice (Lck(cre)Il4ra(-/lox)), to ..
- Lack of interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain-dependent signalling promotes azoxymethane-induced colorectal aberrant crypt focus formation in Balb/c miceC W S Ko
Section of Molecular Gastroenterology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Wellcome Trust Brenner Building, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
J Pathol 214:603-9. 2008....
- A region on equine chromosome 13 is linked to recurrent airway obstruction in horsesU Jost
Equine Clinic, Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, University of Berne, Vetsuisse Faculty Berne, Linggassstrasse 124, CH 3012 Berne, Switzerland
Equine Vet J 39:236-41. 2007..Interleukin 4 receptor a chain (IL4RA) is a candidate gene because of its role in the development of human asthma, confirmation of this association is ..
- Control of Schistosoma mansoni egg-induced inflammation by IL-4-responsive CD4(+)CD25(-)CD103(+)Foxp3(-) cells is IL-10-dependentBenjamin Dewals
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB and Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine IIDMM, Division of Immunology, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Eur J Immunol 40:2837-47. 2010..mice was accompanied with Th2-biased responses, whereas T-cell-specific IL-4Rα-deficient BALB/c mice (iLck(cre)Il4ra(-) (/lox)) developed Th1-biased responses with heightened inflammation...
- A gene-dosage effect for interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chain expression has an impact on Th2-mediated allergic inflammation during bronchopulmonary mycosisUwe Muller
Institute of Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leipzig, An den Tierkliniken 11, Leipzig, Germany
J Infect Dis 198:1714-21. 2008..mice and no expression in IL-4Ralpha(-/-) mice, indicating biallelic expression of the gene for IL-4Ralpha (Il4ra)...
- Unique functions of the type II interleukin 4 receptor identified in mice lacking the interleukin 13 receptor alpha1 chainThirumalai R Ramalingam
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Immunol 9:25-33. 2008..In contrast to Il4ra-/- mice, which have weak T(H)2 responses, Il13ra1-/- mice had exacerbated T(H)2 responses...
- Evidence of balanced diversity at the chicken interleukin 4 receptor alpha chain locusTim Downing
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
BMC Evol Biol 9:136. 2009..Signatures of selection detected by inter-species comparison may then be investigated at the population level in global chicken populations to highlight potentially relevant functional polymorphisms...
- Expression of the extracellular region of the human interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain and interleukin-13 receptor alpha1 chain by a silkworm-baculovirus systemEijiro Honjo
Neutron Biology Research Center, Quantum Beam Science Directorate, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, 2 4 Shirakata Shirane, Tokai, Ibaraki 319 1195, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 60:25-30. 2008..Combining these data with the moderate affinity of IL-13 to IL-13Ralpha1, this indicates that IL-13 first binds to IL-13Ralpha1 and recruits consequently to IL-4R...
- Pathogenicity of a disease-associated human IL-4 receptor allele in experimental asthmaRaffi Tachdjian
Division of Immunology, Allergy, and Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Exp Med 206:2191-204. 2009..Our findings indicate that the Q576R polymorphism directly promotes asthma in carrier populations by selectively augmenting IL-4R alpha-dependent signaling...
- Polymorphisms in IL13 pathway genes in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseB Beghe
Department of Oncology, Haematology and Respiratory Diseases, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Allergy 65:474-81. 2010..We investigated whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the IL13 pathway may contribute to the susceptibility and severity of asthma and COPD in adults...
- Ocular surface inflammation mediated by innate immunityMayumi Ueta
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamigyoku, Kyoto, Japan
Eye Contact Lens 36:269-81. 2010..In gene expression analysis of CD14 cells, we found that IL4R gene expression was different in patients with SJS/toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) and controls on ..
- Cytokine regulation of mucus production in a model of allergic asthmaLauren Cohn
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Novartis Found Symp 248:201-13; discussion 213-20, 277-82. 2002..was induced by Th2 cells in the absence of interleukin (IL)4, IL5, eosinophils and mast cells, but not without IL4R alpha signalling...
- [Polymorphism of interleukins and interleukin receptor genes: population distribution and association with atopic bronchial asthma]M B Freidin
Research Institute of Medical Genetics, Tomsk Scientific Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Tomsk, 634050 Russia
Genetika 38:1710-8. 2002..six interleukin--(IL) and interleukin receptor genes, C-589T, G/C 3'-UTR IL4, C-703T IL5, T113M IL9, Q551R, 150V IL4RA, and G1972A IL5RB, was examined...
- Platelets and platelet adhesion support angiogenesis while preventing excessive hemorrhageJanka Kisucka
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:855-60. 2006..in four animal models: thrombocytopenic, Lyst(bg) (platelet storage pool deficiency), glycoprotein (GP) Ibalpha/IL4R transgenic (lacking extracellular GPIbalpha, the receptor for von Willebrand factor as well as other adhesive and ..
- Identification of novel single nucleotide polymorphisms in inflammatory genes as risk factors associated with trachomatous trichiasisBerna Atik
Center for Immunobiology and Vaccine Development, Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, California, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3600. 2008..While there are a number of environmental and behavioral risk factors for trachoma, genetic factors that influence inflammation and TT risk remain ill defined...
- Mechanisms of disease: genetics of functional gastrointestinal disorders--searching the genes that matterBirgit Adam
Nerve Gut Research Laboratory, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA, Australia
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:102-10. 2007..g. OPRM1, IL4, IL4R, TNF) might also have a role in the manifestation of FGID...
- IL-4Ralpha-independent expression of mannose receptor and Ym1 by macrophages depends on their IL-10 responsivenessBenjamin G Dewals
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e689. 2010..Previously, we demonstrated that mice deficient for macrophage-specific IL-4Ralpha (LysM(cre)Il4ra(-/lox)) developed increased hepatotoxicity and gut inflammation; whereas inflammation was restricted to the liver ..
- Mitogen induced activation, proliferation and surface antigen expression patterns in unmutated and hypermutated chronic lymphocytic leukemia cellsJuhani Vilpo
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Tampere Medical School and Laboratory Center of Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Eur J Haematol 75:34-40. 2005..To determine whether the immunoglobulin V(H) gene mutational status has an effect on the activation, proliferation and surface antigen expression of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) cells when stimulated in vitro...
- Gene therapy-mediated delivery of targeted cytotoxins for glioma therapeuticsMarianela Candolfi
Gene Therapeutics Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20021-6. 2010..GBMs express an IL-13 receptor (IL13Rα2) that differs from the physiological IL4R/IL13R receptor. We developed a regulatable adenoviral vector (Ad.mhIL-4.TRE...
- Occurrence of cytokine receptors on different lymphoid leukaemic cellsK Koubek
Clinical Department, Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Haematol 63:1-10. 1999..CD117 (CSFR, 145 kD), CD120a (TNFR, 55 kD), CD120b (TNFR, 75 kD), CD121a (IL-1R, type I, 80 kD), CDw123 (IL-3R), CD124 (IL-4R, 140 kD), CD126 (IL-6R, 80 kD), CD127 (IL-7R, 75 kD), CDw128 (IL-8R), CD130 (gp130 subunit), CDw131 (common ..
- Gene expression profiling of B lymphocytes and plasma cells from Waldenström's macroglobulinemia: comparison with expression patterns of the same cell counterparts from chronic lymphocytic leukemia, multiple myeloma and normal individualsN C Gutierrez
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca and Centro de Investigación del Cáncer CIC, Universidad de Salamanca CSIC, Salamanca, Spain
Leukemia 21:541-9. 2007..Thus, two of the genes downregulated in WM-BL were IL4R, which plays a relevant role in CLL B-cell survival, and BACH2, which participates in the development of class-..
- [Genetics of recurrent airway obstruction (RAO)]V Gerber
Departement für Klinische Veterinärmedizin, Vetsuisse Fakultät Universität Bern, Schweiz, Pferdeklinik
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 115:271-5. 2008..microsatellites, which were located near atopy candidate genes, those in a region of chromosome 13 harboring the IL4R gene were strongly associated with the RAO phenotype in the offspring of one RAO-affected stallion...
- Attempt to replicate published genetic associations in a large, well-defined osteoarthritis case-control population (the GOAL study)K L Limer
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Nottingham University Medical School, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:782-9. 2009..Using a new case-control study, our aim was to attempt the replication of findings from 12 genes reported to have significant genetic association with OA and to further examine the role of genetic variation in six of these genes...
- Analysis of IL4R haplotypes in predisposition to multiple sclerosisD B Mirel
Department of Human Genetics, Roche Molecular Systems, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
Genes Immun 5:138-41. 2004We have investigated the association of multiple sclerosis (MS) with polymorphisms in the IL4R gene in 332 single-case MS families...
- Myeloperoxidase positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell lines, NALM-30, NALM-31 and NALM-32, carrying Philadelphia chromosome with biphenotypic characteristicsY Matsuo
Fujisaki Cell Center, Hayashibara Biochemical Labs, Inc, Okayama, Japan
Hum Cell 11:221-30. 1998..Whereas TGF-beta R (CD105), MCSFR (CD115), SCFR (CD117), IL-4R/IL-13R (CD124) and IL-6R (CD126) were not expressed, the cell lines were mostly positive for IFN-gamma R (CD119), IL-7R (CD127) ..
- Genes and respiratory disease: a first step on a long journeyS L Ewart
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 4882 1314, USA
Equine Vet J 39:270-4. 2007..The review summarises the future potential for such studies and places the report in this issue (p 236) by Jost et al. (2007) of the involvement of IL4RA as a candidate gene in RAO into this context.
- Association of Q551R polymorphism in the interleukin 4 receptor gene with nonatopic asthma in Slovenian childrenVojko Berce
Department of Pediatrics, General Hospital Murska Sobota, Murska Sobota, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 122:11-8. 2010..The single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) Q551R in the IL4RA gene and C-33T in the IL4 gene probably influence IL4/IL4R pathway signaling; however, findings in association ..
- Replication of genetic association studies in asthma and related phenotypesSiizkhuu Undarmaa
Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
J Hum Genet 55:342-9. 2010..of the consistency of our findings with previous meta-analyses and large replication studies, IL13, TNF, ADAM33, IL4RA and TBXA2R might represent common major asthma and asthma-related trait genes...
- Analysis of 19 genes for association with type I diabetes in the Type I Diabetes Genetics Consortium familiesJ M M Howson
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK
Genes Immun 10:S74-84. 2009..have been genotyped in 19 candidate genes (INS, PTPN22, IL2RA, CTLA4, IFIH1, SUMO4, VDR, PAX4, OAS1, IRS1, IL4, IL4R, IL13, IL12B, CEACAM21, CAPSL, Q7Z4c4(5Q), FOXP3, EFHB) in 2300 affected sib-pair families and tested for ..
- Localization and mutation detection for paroxysmal kinesigenic choreoathetosisTe Du
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 5 Dongdan 3 Tiao, Beijing 100005, China
J Mol Neurosci 34:101-7. 2008..Paroxysmal kinesigenic choreoathetosis (PKC) is an autosomal-dominant movement disorder characterized by attacks of paroxysmal involuntary movements. To date, the causative gene has not been discovered...
- Control of T helper cell differentiation through cytokine receptor inclusion in the immunological synapseRoberto A Maldonado
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 206:877-92. 2009..Th1 effector cells, an event regulated by signaling through the functionally opposing receptor to interleukin-4 (IL4R)...
- The genetic epidemiology of human primary osteoarthritis: current statusJohn Loughlin
University of Oxford, Institute of Musculoskeletal Science, Botnar Research Centre, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford, OX3 7LD, UK
Expert Rev Mol Med 7:1-12. 2005..2-q13, the matrilin 3 gene (MATN3) at 2p24.1, the IL-4 receptor alpha-chain gene (IL4R) at 16p12.1, the secreted frizzled-related protein 3 gene (FRZB) at 2q32...
- Identification of single-nucleotide and repeat polymorphisms in two candidate genes, interleukin 4 receptor (IL4RA) and signal transducer and activator of transcription protein 6 (STAT6), for Th2-mediated diseasesRana Nagarkatti
Molecular Immunogenetics Laboratory, Centre for Biochemical Technology, Mall Road, New Delhi 110007, India
J Hum Genet 47:684-7. 2002..the identification of 26 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) spanning a total of 147 kb in two candidate genes, IL4RA and STAT6, for atopic disorders. Fourteen novel SNPs were found in our population...
- Functional implications for signaling via the IL4R/IL13R complex on bovine cellsW L Trigona
University of Missouri, College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Columbia 65211, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 72:73-9. 1999..The expression patterns and their implications for receptor chain utilization in signaling via these key TH2 signature cytokines will be discussed...
- Novel genetic variation of human interleukin-21 receptor is associated with elevated IgE levels in femalesM Hecker
Institute of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Genes Immun 4:228-33. 2003..IL21R shows strong sequence homologies to the interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain gene (IL4RA). In addition, both genes are adjacent and share structural similarity...
- The mechanism of chemokine receptor 9 internalization triggered by interleukin 2 and interleukin 4Xiaoling Tong
Department of Immunology, College of Basic Medical Sciences, Wuhan University, DongHu Road 185, Wuchang, Wuhan 430071, China
Cell Mol Immunol 6:181-9. 2009..T-cell line, naturally expresses CCR9) and found that IL-2 upregulated the cell surface expression of IL-4Ralpha (CD124) greatly, whereas IL-4 had no significant influence on alpha (CD25) and beta subunits (CD122) of IL-2R...
- Association of IL4R single-nucleotide polymorphisms with rheumatoid nodules in African Americans with rheumatoid arthritisPaula I Burgos
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R75. 2010To determine whether IL4R single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) rs1805010 (I50V) and rs1801275 (Q551R), which have been associated with disease severity in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients of European ancestry, relate to the presence ..
- Unifying candidate gene and GWAS Approaches in AsthmaSven Michel
Center for Pediatrics, Clinic for Pediatric Pneumology, Allergology and Neonatology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13894. 2010..Combining genotyping and imputation, polymorphisms in DPP10, EDN1, IL12B, IL13, IL4, IL4R and TNF showed associations at a significance level between p = 0.05 and p = 0.0035...
- Low-dose, low-dose-rate proton radiation modulates CD4(+) T cell gene expressionDaila S Gridley
Department of Radiation Medicine, Radiation Research Laboratories, Loma Linda University, CA 92354, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 85:250-61. 2009..To evaluate cluster of differentiation 4(+) (CD4(+)) T cell gene expression and related parameters after whole-body exposure to proton radiation as it occurs in the spaceflight environment...
- The role of myeloid suppressor cells in tumor-specific toleranceIvan Borrello; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, we will study the role of IL4Ra+ MSCs utilizing the LysMcre IL4Ra+flox mice in immunosuppression...
- Molecular Basis of Hyper lgE ImmunodeficiencyTalal Chatila; Fiscal Year: 2007The interleukin 4 receptor alpha chain (IL-4Ra) plays a key role in allergic inflammatory responses...
- Molecular Basis of Hyper lgE ImmunodeficiencyTALAL AMINE CHATILA; Fiscal Year: 2010The interleukin 4 receptor alpha chain (IL-4Ra) plays a key role in allergic inflammatory responses...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF GENE REGULATION BY IL4R ALPHAJohn Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will yield a greater understanding of the structure-function relationship if IL-4Ra and STAT6, and an understanding of these functions in cell signaling and allergic disease. ..
- Targeted Toxin for Brain Cancer Gene TherapyMaria Castro; Fiscal Year: 2007..situ express high amounts of an IL-13 receptor (IL-13a2R), different from that expressed in normal tissues (IL13R/IL4R), a feature that can be used to target molecules to glioma cells without affecting the surrounding brain tissue...
- Biomarkers of survival in glioma epidemiologyJohn Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2009..sCD23 and sCD14), tumor markers (CD23 protein and IL13RA2 mRNA expression), and constitutive SNPs in IL4, IL13, IL4R, IL13RA1, and IL13RA2...
- Biomarkers of survival in glioma epidemiologyJohn K Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2010..sCD23 and sCD14), tumor markers (CD23 protein and IL13RA2 mRNA expression), and constitutive SNPs in IL4, IL13, IL4R, IL13RA1, and IL13RA2...
- RNA-Seq studies of Gene Expression in Cells and Networks in FI and ACC in AutismJohn Allman; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found that VENs express receptors for the cytokines interleukin 4 (IL4R) and interleukin 6 (IL6R) in normal and autistic subjects, and RNA-Seq identified a prominent gene network related ..
- RNA-Seq studies of Gene Expression in Cells and Networks in FI and ACC in AutismBarbara J Wold; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found that VENs express receptors for the cytokines interleukin 4 (IL4R) and interleukin 6 (IL6R) in normal and autistic subjects, and RNA-Seq identified a prominent gene network related ..
- LEISHMANIA INFECTION IN BALB/C IL4 NEG AND IL4R NEG MICENancy Noben Trauth; Fiscal Year: 2002..major parasites and will offer alternative theories to the Th1/Th2 paradigm in general. These studies also will lead to new interpretations of the action of anti-IL-4 treatment in vivo. ..
- Anti-inflammatory Cytokines in AtherosclerosisWilliam Boisvert; Fiscal Year: 2007..In aim 1 mice deficient in IL4 and IL10 receptors (IL4R and IL10R) will be crossed onto the atherosclerosis-prone LDLR-/- mice to assess how the loss of signaling by these ..
- IL13-responsive genes in goblet cell metaplasia in asthmaMary Rose; Fiscal Year: 2007..Candidate master genes will be evaluated for co-localization with IL4R and for binding to Stat6 by chromatin immunoprecipitation assay (ChIP) and functionally evaluated in vitro in ..
- Gutless Adenovirus Mediated Targeted Therapeutics for GliomaMarianela Candolfi; Fiscal Year: 2007..mulL4 acts as an antagonist, binding to IL13R/IL4R present in normal cells, but it does not interact with IL13a2R expressed on glioma cells, nor does it affect the ..
- Genetic & epidemiologic cohort study of asthma & allergySusan Ewart; Fiscal Year: 2009..asthma and other allergies, we will investigate candidate genes thought to mediate allergic inflammation, IL4, IL4R, IL13, IL1 and IL1RN, in DNA samples collected from our cohort of children...
- The role of IL-4 and IL-4Ralpha in the multi-step process of Th2 developmentMarkus Mohrs; Fiscal Year: 2007..In contrast to in vitro studies, our preliminary data show that Th2 priming occurs surprisingly efficient in IL4Ra-/- 4get mice infected with the murine helminth H. polygyrus...
- The role of IL-4 and IL-4Ralpha in the multi-step process of Th2 developmentMarkus Mohrs; Fiscal Year: 2011..In contrast to in vitro studies, our preliminary data show that Th2 priming occurs surprisingly efficient in IL4Ra-/- 4get mice infected with the murine helminth H. polygyrus...
- The role of IL-4 and IL-4Ralpha in the multi-step process of Th2 developmentMarkus Mohrs; Fiscal Year: 2009..In contrast to in vitro studies, our preliminary data show that Th2 priming occurs surprisingly efficient in IL4Ra-/- 4get mice infected with the murine helminth H. polygyrus...
- IL4R AND IMMUNITY TO GI NEMATODE PARASITESFred Finkelman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ASSEMBLY/REGULATION OF CD40 RECEPTOR COMPLEX IN B CELLSRandolph Noelle; Fiscal Year: 2001..Both IL4R and mIg signalling differentially alter the TRAF composition of the CD40 receptor complex and the biological ..
- The role of myeloid suppressor cells in tumor-specific toleranceIvan Borrello; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, we will study the role of IL4Ra+ MSCs utilizing the LysMcre IL4Ra+flox mice in immunosuppression...
- The role of myeloid suppressor cells in tumor-specific toleranceIvan M Borrello; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, we will study the role of IL4Ra+ MSCs utilizing the LysMcre IL4Ra+flox mice in immunosuppression...
- Allergic Condition Susceptibility Polymorphisms and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2009..Second, it will determine whether treatment for allergies blocks their natural glioma- preventing properties. This second point has application to the large number of people who use medication to treat their allergies. ..
- PHASE I/II STUDY OF SIMVASTATIN (ZOCOR) THERAPY IN SICKLE CELL DISEASECarolyn Hoppe; Fiscal Year: 2007..To determine the effect of oral simvastatin (Zocor) on vascular physiology in SCD, as measured by peripheral blood markers of endothelial injury. 2. To assess the safety and tolerability of oral simvastatin in patients with SCD. ..
- Allergic Condition Susceptibility Polymorphisms and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data will be analyzed using logistic and Cox Proportional Hazards Regression, random forests, Bayesian Networks, and software to identify immune-related pathways to Public Health. ..
- Allergic Condition Biomarkers and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Assuming a 0.05 significance level and 80 percent power, depending on the polymorphism, the proposed sample is large enough to detect a confounding-adjusted odds ratios of 0.6. ..
- Th2 effects on eicosanoid pathways: implications for altered innate responses inSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..These three aims should provide new insights into how relationships between innate and adaptive/allergic immune responses influence inflammatory/repair, and finally clinical outcomes in chronic and acute asthma. ..
- HLA-DP SEQUENCE POLYMORPHISM AND DISEASE PREDISPOSITIONHenry Erlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..This method will be applied to HPV-infected cervical samples and an in vitro system with GAD peptide stimulation to study the HLA associations with cervical cancer and type 1 diabetes. ..
- Rho Kinase and Airway HyperresponsivenessStephanie A Shore; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, the ROCK pathway may be an important and still relatively unexplored therapeutic target in asthma. Understanding the role of ROCKs in mouse models of asthma could lead to new strategies for preventing this disease. ..