Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL27
Description: interleukin 27
Alias: IL-27, IL-27A, IL27A, IL27p28, IL30, p28, interleukin-27 subunit alpha, IL-27 p28 subunit, IL-27 subunit alpha, IL-27-A, IL27-A, interleukin-30
Publications106 found, 100 shown here
- Guzzo C, Che Mat N, Gee K. Interleukin-27 induces a STAT1/3- and NF-kappaB-dependent proinflammatory cytokine profile in human monocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24404-11 pubmed publisher..Understanding how IL-27 exerts its effects on monocytic cells will identify important molecular mechanisms in the regulation of immune responses, particularly in the modulation of monocyte activation. ..
- Pflanz S, Timans J, Cheung J, Rosales R, Kanzler H, Gilbert J, et al. IL-27, a heterodimeric cytokine composed of EBI3 and p28 protein, induces proliferation of naive CD4+ T cells. Immunity. 2002;16:779-90 pubmed..We describe a new heterodimeric cytokine termed IL-27 that consists of EBI3, an IL-12p40-related protein, and p28, a newly discovered IL-12p35-related polypeptide...
- Lucas S, Ghilardi N, Li J, De Sauvage F. IL-27 regulates IL-12 responsiveness of naive CD4+ T cells through Stat1-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15047-52 pubmed..Therefore, although IL-27 is unable to drive IFN gamma production on its own, it plays an important role in the early steps of TH1 commitment by contributing in a paracrine manner to the control of IL-12 responsiveness. ..
- Yoshimoto T, Morishima N, Mizoguchi I, Shimizu M, Nagai H, Oniki S, et al. Antiproliferative activity of IL-27 on melanoma. J Immunol. 2008;180:6527-35 pubmed..These results suggest that IL-27 has an antiproliferative activity on melanomas through WSX-1/STAT1 signaling. Thus, IL-27 may be an attractive candidate as an antitumor agent applicable to cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Wei Y, Lan Y, Luo B, Lu D, Nong H. Association of variants in the interleukin-27 and interleukin-12 gene with nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mol Carcinog. 2009;48:751-7 pubmed publisher..05). Our data suggest that IL-12 gene may play a role in the development of NPC. ..
- Garbers C, Spudy B, Aparicio Siegmund S, Waetzig G, Sommer J, Holscher C, et al. An interleukin-6 receptor-dependent molecular switch mediates signal transduction of the IL-27 cytokine subunit p28 (IL-30) via a gp130 protein receptor homodimer. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4346-54 pubmed publisherIL-27 consists of the cytokine subunit p28 and the non-signaling ?-receptor EBI3...
- Dong S, Zhang X, He Y, Xu F, Li D, Xu W, et al. Synergy of IL-27 and TNF-? in regulating CXCL10 expression in lung fibroblasts. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;48:518-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that IL-27 has the potential to amplify airway inflammation via the induction of CXCL10 from HLFs, in combination with TNF-?. ..
- Pflanz S, Hibbert L, Mattson J, Rosales R, Vaisberg E, Bazan J, et al. WSX-1 and glycoprotein 130 constitute a signal-transducing receptor for IL-27. J Immunol. 2004;172:2225-31 pubmed..Thus, IL-27 not only contributes to the development of an adaptive immune response through its action on CD4(+) T cells, it also directly acts on cells of the innate immune system. ..
- Bender H, Wiesinger M, Nordhoff C, Schoenherr C, Haan C, Ludwig S, et al. Interleukin-27 displays interferon-gamma-like functions in human hepatoma cells and hepatocytes. Hepatology. 2009;50:585-91 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IL-27 exerts IFN-like functions in liver cells and that it can contribute to the antiviral response in these cells. ..
- Murugaiyan G, Mittal A, Lopez Diego R, Maier L, Anderson D, Weiner H. IL-27 is a key regulator of IL-10 and IL-17 production by human CD4+ T cells. J Immunol. 2009;183:2435-43 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that IL-27 plays a key role in human T cells by promoting IL-10-secreting Tr1 cells and inhibiting Th17 cells and thus provides a dual regulatory mechanism to control autoimmunity and tissue inflammation. ..
- Li C, Zhang Q, Lee K, Cho S, Lee K, Hahm K, et al. Interleukin-27 polymorphisms are associated with inflammatory bowel diseases in a Korean population. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:1692-6 pubmed publisherThe cytokine interleukin (IL)-27 is composed of two subunits, Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 (EBI3) and p28, and IL-27 is a novel IL-12 family member that mediates between the innate and adaptive immune systems...
- Kalliolias G, Zhao B, Triantafyllopoulou A, Park Min K, Ivashkiv L. Interleukin-27 inhibits human osteoclastogenesis by abrogating RANKL-mediated induction of nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 and suppressing proximal RANK signaling. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:402-13 pubmed publisher..This homeostatic function is compromised under conditions of chronic inflammation such as in RA synovitis. ..
- Diveu C, McGeachy M, Boniface K, Stumhofer J, Sathe M, Joyce Shaikh B, et al. IL-27 blocks RORc expression to inhibit lineage commitment of Th17 cells. J Immunol. 2009;182:5748-56 pubmed publisher..By generating mice deficient for the p28 subunit of IL-27, we showed that IL-27 regulated the severity of delayed-type hypersensitivity response and EAE ..
- Cao J, Wong C, Yin Y, Lam C. Activation of human bronchial epithelial cells by inflammatory cytokines IL-27 and TNF-alpha: implications for immunopathophysiology of airway inflammation. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:788-97 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore provide a new insight into the molecular mechanisms involved in airway inflammation. ..
- Wong C, Chen D, Tam L, Li E, Yin Y, Lam C. Effects of inflammatory cytokine IL-27 on the activation of fibroblast-like synoviocytes in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12:R129 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore provide a new insight into the IL-27-activated immunopathological mechanisms mediated by distinct intracellular signal transductions in joint inflammation of RA. ..
- Shibata S, Tada Y, Kanda N, Nashiro K, Kamata M, Karakawa M, et al. Possible roles of IL-27 in the pathogenesis of psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:1034-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that IL-27 may promote the onset of psoriasis, while it may simultaneously attenuate the expanded inflammation in this disease. Our results implicate potential therapeutic effects of IL-27 for psoriasis. ..
- Xu B, Washington A, Hinton B. PTEN signaling through RAF1 proto-oncogene serine/threonine kinase (RAF1)/ERK in the epididymis is essential for male fertility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:18643-8 pubmed publisher..Loss of Pten resulted in activation of the AKT (protein kinase B) pathway components from P28 onward, which in turn gradually suppressed RAF1 proto-oncogene serine/threonine kinase (RAF1)/ERK signaling through ..
- Amos Kroohs R, Bloor C, Qureshi M, Vorhees C, Williams M. Effects of developmental exposure to manganese and/or low iron diet: Changes to metal transporters, sucrose preference, elevated zero-maze, open-field, and locomotion in response to fenfluramine, amphetamine, and MK-801. Toxicol Rep. 2015;2:1046-1056 pubmed..transporter-1 (DMT1), transferrin (Tf), transferrin receptor (TfR), and zip8 (zrt8)) were quantified in brain at P28. These markers were increased but the changes were specific: MnOE increased TfR and decreased Tf in hippocampus, ..
- Hemmerle T, Zgraggen S, Matasci M, Halin C, Detmar M, Neri D. Antibody-mediated delivery of interleukin 4 to the neo-vasculature reduces chronic skin inflammation. J Dermatol Sci. 2014;76:96-103 pubmed publisher..non-targeted version of IL4 and led to increased levels of key regulatory cytokines (including IL5, IL10, IL13, and IL27) in the inflamed skin, while IL2 levels were not affected in all treatment groups...
- Ni H, Chen S, Li L, Jin M. Leptin treatment prevents long-term abnormalities in cognition, seizure threshold, hippocampal mossy fiber sprouting and ZnT3/CB-D28k expression in a rat developmental "twist" seizure model. Epilepsy Res. 2018;139:164-170 pubmed publisher..p.). The Morris water maze test was performed during P28-P33...
- Posey K, Coustry F, Veerisetty A, Hossain M, Alcorn J, Hecht J. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents mitigate pathology in a mouse model of pseudoachondroplasia. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:3918-28 pubmed publisher..Treatment of MT-COMP mice with aspirin or resveratrol from birth to P28 decreased mutant COMP intracellular retention and chondrocyte cell death, and restored chondrocyte proliferation...
- Sang Q, Li W, Xu Y, Qu R, Xu Z, Feng R, et al. ILDR1 deficiency causes degeneration of cochlear outer hair cells and disrupts the structure of the organ of Corti: a mouse model for human DFNB42. Biol Open. 2015;4:411-8 pubmed publisher..By P28, there were no OHCs visible in any of the turns of the organ of Corti, and the tunnel of the organ of Corti was ..
- Karpiński T, Adamczak A. Anticancer Activity of Bacterial Proteins and Peptides. Pharmaceutics. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..g., p28, arginine deiminase ADI) or tested in in vitro research...
- Haghani A, Mehrbod P, Safi N, Aminuddin N, Bahadoran A, Omar A, et al. In vitro and in vivo mechanism of immunomodulatory and antiviral activity of Edible Bird's Nest (EBN) against influenza A virus (IAV) infection. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;185:327-40 pubmed publisher..NFÎºB, IL2, some proinflammatory cytokines like IL1Î², IL6, and cytokines with regulatory properties like IL10, IL27, IL12, CCL2 and IL4 depends on the stage of the infection...
- Morrow J, Glass K, Cho M, Hersh C, Pinto Plata V, Celli B, et al. Human Lung DNA Methylation Quantitative Trait Loci Colocalize with COPD Genome-wide Association Loci. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Bayesian colocalization, we identified loci in regions near KCNK3, EEFSEC, PIK3CD, DCDC2C, TCERG1L, FRMD4B and IL27. Colocalization of methylation QTL and GWAS loci provides regulatory characterization of significant and sub-..
- De Groot A, Ross T, Levitz L, Messitt T, Tassone R, Boyle C, et al. C3d adjuvant effects are mediated through the activation of C3d-specific autoreactive T cells. Immunol Cell Biol. 2015;93:189-97 pubmed publisher..Finally, mutation of a single T-cell epitope residing within the P28 peptide segment of C3d resulted in significantly diminished adjuvant activity in BALB/c mice...
- Zhang J, Qian X, Ning H, Yang J, Xiong H, Liu J. Activation of IL-27 p28 gene transcription by interferon regulatory factor 8 in cooperation with interferon regulatory factor 1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21269-81 pubmed publisher..IL-27 consists of EBI3 (Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3) and p28 subunits...
- Bosmann M, Ward P. Modulation of inflammation by interleukin-27. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;94:1159-65 pubmed publisher..IL-27 is composed of two subunits (p28 and EBI3) and is classified as a member of the IL-12 family of cytokines...
- Zhu W, Mao Z, Zhu C, Li M, Cao C, Guan Y, et al. Adolescent exposure to cocaine increases anxiety-like behavior and induces morphologic and neurochemical changes in the hippocampus of adult rats. Neuroscience. 2016;313:174-83 pubmed publisher..In this study, the rats that were exposed to cocaine during adolescence (postnatal days, P28-P42) showed higher anxiety-like behavior in the elevated plus maze test in adulthood (P80), but displayed normal ..
- O Neill C, Newsom R, Stafford J, Scott T, Archuleta S, Levis S, et al. Adolescent caffeine consumption increases adulthood anxiety-related behavior and modifies neuroendocrine signaling. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2016;67:40-50 pubmed publisher..Adolescent male Sprague-Dawley rats consumed caffeine (0.3g/L) for 28 consecutive days from postnatal day 28 (P28) to P55. Age-matched control rats consumed water...
- Hegde S, Capell W, Ibrahim B, Klett J, Patel N, Sougiannis A, et al. Phosphodiesterase 11A (PDE11A), Enriched in Ventral Hippocampus Neurons, is Required for Consolidation of Social but not Nonsocial Memories in Mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41:2920-2931 pubmed publisher..PDE9A, or PDE10A, PDE11A4 expression begins very low at postnatal day 7 (P7) and dramatically increases until P28, at which time it stabilizes to young adult levels...
- Plagnol V, Howson J, Smyth D, Walker N, Hafler J, Wallace C, et al. Genome-wide association analysis of autoantibody positivity in type 1 diabetes cases. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002216 pubmed publisher..T1D loci showed evidence of association with at least one autoantibody at a false discovery rate of 16%: 16p11/IL27-IA-2A, 2q24/IFIH1-IA-2A and PCA, 2q32/STAT4-TPOA, 10p15/IL2RA-GADA, 6q15/BACH2-TPOA, 21q22/UBASH3A-TPOA, 1p13/..
- Chen P, Gong Y, Pu Y, Wang Y, Zhou B, Song Y, et al. Association between polymorphisms in IL-27 gene and pre-eclampsia. Placenta. 2016;37:61-4 pubmed publisher..The results suggest the presence IL-27 rs153109, rs17855750 variants may be able to be used as markers for the genetic susceptibility to pre-eclampsia. ..
- Dong Z, Tai W, Lei W, Wang Y, Li Z, Zhang T. IL-27 inhibits the TGF-Î²1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in alveolar epithelial cells. BMC Cell Biol. 2016;17:7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IL-27 attenuates epithelial-mesenchymal transition in alveolar epithelial cells in the absence or presence of TGF-Î²1 through the JAK/STAT and TGF-Î²/Smad signalling pathways. ..
- Amos Kroohs R, Davenport L, Atanasova N, Abdulla Z, Skelton M, Vorhees C, et al. Developmental manganese neurotoxicity in rats: Cognitive deficits in allocentric and egocentric learning and memory. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2017;59:16-26 pubmed publisher..Dams were fed a 90% FeD or iron sufficient (FeS) diet from E15-P28. Within each litter, separate offspring were treated with 100mg/kg Mn (MnOE) or vehicle (VEH) by gavage on ..
- Fang F, Song R, Ling X, Peng M, Xue Z, Cang J. Multiple sevoflurane anesthesia in pregnant mice inhibits neurogenesis of fetal hippocampus via repressing transcription factor Pax6. Life Sci. 2017;175:16-22 pubmed publisher..and fetal hippocampus neurogenesis, which may contribute to the impaired learning and memory in offspring at P28. Moreover, lithium mitigated the sevoflurane-induced reduction in Pax6, Ccnd1 and neurogenesis...
- Banerjee A, Dasgupta R, Ray S. Mutational Impact on the Interaction Between Human IL27 and gp130: In silico Approach for Defending HIV Infection. Curr HIV Res. 2017;15:327-335 pubmed publisherWith advances in proteomics, it is essential to investigate the molecularlevel participation of IL27 and gp130 to hinder HIV infection...
- Sorenson C, Padanilam B, Hammerman M. Abnormal postpartum renal development and cystogenesis in the bcl-2 (-/-) mouse. Am J Physiol. 1996;271:F184-93 pubmed..of kidneys from bcl-2 (-/-) mice and wild-type littermates [bcl-2 (+/+)] from birth (P0) to postpartum day 28 (P28), determined whether abnormalities of cellular proliferation and apoptosis accompany cyst development, and ..
- Tassi E, Braga M, Longhi R, Gavazzi F, Parmiani G, Di Carlo V, et al. Non-redundant role for IL-12 and IL-27 in modulating Th2 polarization of carcinoembryonic antigen specific CD4 T cells from pancreatic cancer patients. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7234 pubmed publisher..Hence, loco-regional cytokines delivery or targeted therapy based on antibodies or molecules directed to the tumor stroma might improve anti-tumor immunity and ameliorate fibrosis, without systemic toxicity. ..
- Kim G, Shinnakasu R, Saris C, Cheroutre H, Kronenberg M. A novel role for IL-27 in mediating the survival of activated mouse CD4 T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2013;190:1510-8 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that IL-27 has a crucial role in the inhibition of activation-induced cell death, thereby permitting Ag-driven T cell expansion. ..
- BÃ¶hme J, RoÃŸnagel C, Jacobs T, Behrends J, HÃ¶lscher C, Erdmann H. Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene 3 suppresses T helper type 1, type 17 and type 2 immune responses after Trypanosoma cruzi infection and inhibits parasite replication by interfering with alternative macrophage activation. Immunology. 2016;147:338-48 pubmed publisher..IL)-12) family structurally related to the subunit p40 of IL-12 and forms a heterodimer either with the p28 subunit to build IL-27 or with p35 to form IL-35...
- Wang G, Zhao W, Zhao X, Zhang J, Nan K. Association between IL-27 2905T/G genotypes and the risk and survival of cervical cancer: a case-control study. Biomarkers. 2016;21:272-5 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that the IL-27 2905T/G genotypes were associated with decreased the susceptibility and development of cervical cancer in Chinese Han population. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhou B, Zhang K, Song Y, Zhang L, Xi M. IL-27 suppresses SKOV3 cells proliferation by enhancing STAT3 and inhibiting the Akt signal pathway. Mol Immunol. 2016;78:155-163 pubmed publisher..IL-27 plays an important role in antitumor activity against epithelial ovarian cancer. ..
- Cerkovnik P, Novakovic B, Stegel V, Novakovic S. Changes in expression of genes involved in antitumor immunity in mice vaccinated with tumor vaccine composed of irradiated syngeneic tumor cells and CpG oligodeoxynucleotides. Mol Immunol. 2016;79:1-13 pubmed publisher..genes involved in generation of Treg and induction of immune tolerance (Sit1, Sla2, Cd1d1, Pdcd1lg2, Pawr, Socs5, Il27, Il4)...
- Signorelli S, Santini S, Yamada T, Bizzarri A, Beattie C, Cannistraro S. Binding of Amphipathic Cell Penetrating Peptide p28 to Wild Type and Mutated p53 as studied by Raman, Atomic Force and Surface Plasmon Resonance spectroscopies. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2017;1861:910-921 pubmed publisher..b>p28, an amphipathic cell-penetrating peptide, binds to the DBD through hydrophobic interaction and induces a ..
- Huang C, Li Z, Li N, Li Y, Chang A, Zhao T, et al. Interleukin 35 Expression Correlates With Microvessel Density inÂ Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma, Recruits Monocytes, and Promotes Growth and Angiogenesis of Xenograft Tumors in Mice. Gastroenterology. 2018;154:675-688 pubmed publisher..IL35 is a dimer comprising the IL12 alpha and IL27 beta chains, encoded by IL12A and EBI3, respectively...
- Diakowska D, Lewandowski A, Markocka Maczka K, Grabowski K. Concentration of serum interleukin-27 increase in patients with lymph node metastatic gastroesophageal cancer. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2013;22:683-91 pubmed..Significantly higher levels of IL-27 in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma after tumor resection may imply that host immune cells are one of the important sources of circulating IL-27. ..
- Xie M, Mustovich A, Jiang Y, Trudeau J, Ray A, Ray P, et al. IL-27 and type 2 immunity in asthmatic patients: association with severity, CXCL9, and signal transducer and activator of transcription signaling. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;135:386-94 pubmed publisher..IL-27, in combination with a type 2/CCL26 signature, identifies a more SA phenotype, perhaps through combined effects of IL-27 and IL-13 on STAT signaling. Understanding these interactions could lead to new targets for asthma therapy. ..
- Wang Z, Wang L, Fan R, Zhou J, Zhong J. Association of IL-27 gene three polymorphisms with Crohn's disease susceptibility in a Chinese Han population. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:8952-7 pubmed..04-1.81; P = 0.028). In conclusion, genetic defects in IL-27 gene showed remarkable associations with CD in Chinese. ..
- Logan S, Tobin K, Fallon S, Deng K, McDonough A, Bavis R. Chronic intermittent hyperoxia alters the development of the hypoxic ventilatory response in neonatal rats. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2016;220:69-80 pubmed publisher..birth, two weeks of intermittent 60% O2 had no effect on the HVR or carotid body size of rats exposed beginning at P28; therefore, intermittent hyperoxia-induced respiratory plasticity appears to be unique to development...
- Sede M, Parra M, Manrique J, Laufer N, Jones L, Quarleri J. Evolution of hepatitis C virus in HIV coinfected patients under antiretroviral therapy. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;43:186-96 pubmed publisher..Two patients (P7, P28) with sub-optimal responses to HAART presented HCV viral loads significantly higher than those recorded for two ..
- Huang M, Du W, Liu J, Zhang H, Cao L, Yang W, et al. Interleukin-27 as a Novel Biomarker for Early Cardiopulmonary Failure in Enterovirus 71-Infected Children with Central Nervous System Involvement. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:4025167 pubmed publisher..b>IL27p28 polymorphisms (rs153109, rs17855750, and rs181206) did not influence IL-27 production, and these three SNPs were ..
- Young A, Linehan E, Hams E, O Hara Hall A, McClurg A, Johnston J, et al. Cutting edge: suppression of GM-CSF expression in murine and human T cells by IL-27. J Immunol. 2012;189:2079-83 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that IL-27 is a robust negative regulator of GM-CSF expression in T cells, which likely inhibits T cell pathogenicity in CNS inflammation. ..
- Lin T, Lu J, Qi C, Yuan L, Li X, Xia L, et al. Elevated serum level of IL-27 and VEGF in patients with ankylosing spondylitis and associate with disease activity. Clin Exp Med. 2015;15:227-31 pubmed publisher..By contrast, levels of IL-27 and VEGF were not increased in AS patients with hip involvement and eye involvement. IL-27 may regulate the immunological or inflammatory process of AS. ..
- Tang S, Fan X, Pan Q, Sun Q, Liu Y. Decreased expression of IL-27 and its correlation with Th1 and Th17 cells in progressive multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Sci. 2015;348:174-80 pubmed publisher..Our data showed that progressive MS patients had decreased plasma and mRNA expression levels of IL-27, suggesting that it might be involved in the pathophysiological process of MS. ..
- Eckerle M, Lahni P, Wong H. Estimating the probability of bacterial infection using a novel biomarker among pediatric patients in the emergency department. Biomarkers. 2016;21:404-8 pubmed publisher..62 versus 0.61). A decision tree incorporating IL-27, PCT, and white blood cell count improved the AUC (0.80). IL-27 is a viable candidate biomarker to identify bacterial infection among ED patients and is comparable with PCT. ..
- Anuradha R, Munisankar S, Bhootra Y, Dolla C, Kumaran P, Nutman T, et al. Modulation of CD4+ and CD8+ T Cell Function and Cytokine Responses in Strongyloides stercoralis Infection by Interleukin-27 (IL-27) and IL-37. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..stercoralis infections, which suggest the importance of IL-27 and IL-37 in immune modulation in a chronic helminth infection. ..
- Canale F, Ramello M, Nuñez N, Araujo Furlan C, Bossio S, Gorosito Serrán M, et al. CD39 Expression Defines Cell Exhaustion in Tumor-Infiltrating CD8+ T Cells. Cancer Res. 2018;78:115-128 pubmed publisher..T-cell receptor engagement was sufficient to induce CD39 on human CD8+ T cells, exposure to IL6 and IL27 promoted CD39 expression on stimulated CD8+ T cells from human or murine sources...
- Li J, Yang S, Dong C, Wu H, Jia H, Zhao Y, et al. [IL-27 regulates the expression of Mac-1, fMLP-R and IL-1beta in human neutrophils through p38 MAPK and PI3K signal pathways]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2010;18:391-5 pubmed..It is concluded that the IL-27 may regulate the expression of Mac-1, fMLP-R and IL-1beta in human neutrophils through p38 MAPK and PI3K signal pathways. ..
- Peng Q, Qin X, He Y, Chen Z, Deng Y, Li T, et al. Association of IL27 gene polymorphisms and HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma risk in a Chinese population. Infect Genet Evol. 2013;16:1-4 pubmed publisher..Mutations in the IL27 gene may lead to altered cytokine production and/or activity and thus modulate individual's susceptibility to HCC...
- Zhang Z, Zhou B, Wu Y, Gao Q, Zhang K, Song Y, et al. Prognostic value of IL-27 polymorphisms and the susceptibility to epithelial ovarian cancer in a Chinese population. Immunogenetics. 2014;66:85-92 pubmed publisher..The decreased expression of IL-27p28 mRNA in ovarian cancer might indicate the antitumor activities of this novel cytokine. ..
- Hu T, Zhao H, Wang K, Sun W, Li L, Wang W. Association of IL-27 polymorphisms and cancer risk in Chinese population. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2015;35:180-3 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this meta-analysis indicated that IL-27 rs153109 polymorphism was associated with cancer risk in Chinese population. ..
- SÃ©nÃ©cal V, Deblois G, Beauseigle D, Schneider R, Brandenburg J, Newcombe J, et al. Production of IL-27 in multiple sclerosis lesions by astrocytes and myeloid cells: Modulation of local immune responses. Glia. 2016;64:553-69 pubmed publisher..The expression of IL-27 subunits (EBI3 and p28) and its cognate receptor IL-27R (the gp130 and TCCR chains) was elevated within post-mortem MS brain lesions ..
- Amos Kroohs R, Davenport L, Gutierrez A, Hufgard J, Vorhees C, Williams M. Developmental manganese exposure in combination with developmental stress and iron deficiency: Effects on behavior and monoamines. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2016;56:55-67 pubmed publisher..For FeD, dams were fed a 90% Fe-deficient NIH-07 diet from E15 through P28. Within each litter, different offspring were treated with 100mg/kg Mn (MnOE) or vehicle (VEH) by gavage every ..
- Ford C, Nowlan N, Thomopoulos S, Killian M. Effects of imbalanced muscle loading on hip joint development and maturation. J Orthop Res. 2017;35:1128-1136 pubmed publisher..Histologically, the femoral head was smaller in unloaded hips, with thinner triradiate cartilage at P28 and thinner cortical bone at P120 compared to contralateral hips...
- Lai X, Wang H, Cao J, Li Y, Dai Y, Xiang Y, et al. Circulating IL-27 Is Elevated in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed..Therefore, the elevated production of circulating T cell inflammatory factors contributes to the pathogenesis of RA, and serum IL-27 could potentially serve as a new biomarker of RA disease activity. ..
- Larousserie F, Bardel E, Pflanz S, Arnulf B, Lome Maldonado C, Hermine O, et al. Analysis of interleukin-27 (EBI3/p28) expression in Epstein-Barr virus- and human T-cell leukemia virus type 1-associated lymphomas: heterogeneous expression of EBI3 subunit by tumoral cells. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:1217-28 pubmed..cytokine of the IL-12 family that is composed of two subunits, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-induced gene 3 (EBI3) and p28. EBI3 is expressed at high levels in EBV-transformed B-cell lines and is induced in vitro by the EBV oncogene LMP1 ..
- Sun T, Qu Y, Cui W, Yang L, Ji Y, Yu W, et al. Evaluation of osteogenic inductivity of a novel BMP2-mimicking peptide P28 and P28-containing bone composite. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2018;106:210-220 pubmed publisherWe developed a novel BMP2-mimicking peptide P28, which possesses two distinct special structural elements-seven repetitive aspartic acids and phosphorylated serine designed to promote affinity to hydroxyapatite as well as nucleation of ..
- Furukawa M, Takaishi H, Takito J, Yoda M, Sakai S, Hikata T, et al. IL-27 abrogates receptor activator of NF-kappa B ligand-mediated osteoclastogenesis of human granulocyte-macrophage colony-forming unit cells through STAT1-dependent inhibition of c-Fos. J Immunol. 2009;183:2397-406 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that hIL-27 may prove useful as a therapeutic target for inflammatory bone destruction. ..
- Wojno E, Hosken N, Stumhofer J, O Hara A, Mauldin E, Fang Q, et al. A role for IL-27 in limiting T regulatory cell populations. J Immunol. 2011;187:266-73 pubmed publisher..These data identify an indirect role for IL-27 in shaping the Treg pool. ..
- Cao Y, Zhang R, Zhang W, Zhu C, Yu Y, Song Y, et al. IL-27, a cytokine, and IFN-?1, a type III IFN, are coordinated to regulate virus replication through type I IFN. J Immunol. 2014;192:691-703 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified a previously unknown mechanism by which IL-27 and IFN-?1 are coordinated to regulate virus replication through type I IFN. ..
- Lu D, Zhou X, Yao L, Liu C, Jin F, Wu Y. Clinical implications of the interleukin 27 serum level in breast cancer. J Investig Med. 2014;62:627-31 pubmed publisher..Interleukin 27 may be a new prognostic biomarker of breast cancer and a promising target to limit both angiogenesis and tumor growth. ..
- Morandi F, Di Carlo E, Ferrone S, Petretto A, Pistoia V, Airoldi I. IL-27 in human secondary lymphoid organs attracts myeloid dendritic cells and impairs HLA class I-restricted antigen presentation. J Immunol. 2014;192:2634-42 pubmed publisher..The results presented in this study pave the way to future studies aimed at investigating whether dysregulation of IL-27 expression and function may be involved in pathogenesis of autoimmune disease and cancer. ..
- Shen Y, Yuan X, Hu D, Ke X, Wang X, Hu G, et al. Association between interleukin-27 gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to allergic rhinitis. Hum Immunol. 2014;75:991-5 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that IL-27p28 polymorphisms rs153109 and rs17855750 are likely involved in AR susceptibility, making them potentially useful genetic biomarkers for AR susceptibility in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Yang B, Suwanpradid J, Sanchez Lagunes R, Choi H, Hoang P, Wang D, et al. IL-27 Facilitates Skin Wound Healing through Induction of Epidermal Proliferation and Host Defense. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1166-1175 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest a previously unrecognized role for IL-27 in regulating epithelial cell proliferation and antiviral host defense during the normal wound healing response. ..
- Fogarty M, Mu E, Lavidis N, Noakes P, Bellingham M. Motor Areas Show Altered Dendritic Structure in an Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Mouse Model. Front Neurosci. 2017;11:609 pubmed publisher..Spine density increased in neonatal lumbar MNs, before decreasing to control levels by P28-35 and was decreased by P120...
- Baek S, Lee S, Park Y, Kim G, Kim C, Park S. Increased synovial expression of IL-27 by IL-17 in rheumatoid arthritis. Inflamm Res. 2012;61:1339-45 pubmed publisher..IL-17 enhanced expression of IL-27 in synovial macrophages from RA patients and CIA mice, indicating an interaction between IL-17 and IL-27 as an autoregulatory mechanism. ..
- Perona Wright G, Kohlmeier J, Bassity E, Freitas T, Mohrs K, Cookenham T, et al. Persistent loss of IL-27 responsiveness in CD8+ memory T cells abrogates IL-10 expression in a recall response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:18535-40 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CD8+ T-cell activation involves a persistent loss of specific cytokine receptors that determines the functional potential of these cells during rechallenge infection. ..
- Di Carlo E, Sorrentino C, Zorzoli A, Di Meo S, Tupone M, Ognio E, et al. The antitumor potential of Interleukin-27 in prostate cancer. Oncotarget. 2014;5:10332-41 pubmed
- Morandi F, Airoldi I, Pistoia V. IL-27 driven upregulation of surface HLA-E expression on monocytes inhibits IFN-? release by autologous NK cells. J Immunol Res. 2014;2014:938561 pubmed publisher..Monocytes expressed gp130 and WSX-1, the two chains of IL27 receptor (R), and IL6R? (that serves as IL-30R, in combination with gp130)...
- Wang Y, Han S, Han R, Su Y, Li J. Propofol-induced downregulation of NR2B membrane translocation in hippocampus and spatial memory deficits of neonatal mice. Brain Behav. 2017;7:e00734 pubmed publisher..p.) from P6 to P11 as the control (n = 18 per group). Then, at P28, nine mice were collected randomly from each group for NR2B membrane translocation and phosphorylation analysis, ..
- Liu H, Wang Z, Li Y, Yu G, Fu X, Wang C, et al. Genome-Wide Analysis of Protein-Coding Variants in Leprosy. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:2544-2551 pubmed publisher..30); and two common variants: rs780668 in SLC29A3 (P = 2.17 × 10-9, OR = 1.14) and rs181206 in IL27 (P = 1.08 × 10-7, OR = 0.83)...
- Gregersen I, Sandanger Ø, Askevold E, Sagen E, Yang K, Holm S, et al. Interleukin 27 is increased in carotid atherosclerosis and promotes NLRP3 inflammasome activation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188387 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate increased levels of IL-27 and IL-27R in patients with carotid atherosclerosis. Our in vitro findings suggest an inflammatory role for IL-27, which can possibly be linked to atherosclerotic disease development. ..
- Robinson C, O Dee D, Hamilton T, Nau G. Cytokines involved in interferon-gamma production by human macrophages. J Innate Immun. 2010;2:56-65 pubmed publisher..Together, they identify a novel role for IL-27 in regulating macrophage function by disrupting IL-18 activity. ..
- Heikkilä O, Nygårdas M, Paavilainen H, Ryödi E, Hukkanen V. Interleukin-27 Inhibits Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 Infection by Activating STAT1 and 3, Interleukin-6, and Chemokines IP-10 and MIG. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2016;36:617-629 pubmed..In addition, IL-27 stimulation activated STAT1 and STAT3 in HeLa and T98G cells, suggesting that IL-27 engages the STAT1/3 pathway, which then leads to the upregulation of IL-6, IP-10, and MIG. ..
- Zhang J, Qian X, Ning H, Eickhoff C, Hoft D, Liu J. Transcriptional suppression of IL-27 production by Mycobacterium tuberculosis-activated p38 MAPK via inhibition of AP-1 binding. J Immunol. 2011;186:5885-95 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis lysates could activate IL-27 expression in human and mouse macrophages by induction of p28 subunit transcription. However, in parallel with these effects, BCG and M...
- Wang H, Li Z, Yang B, Yu S, Wu C. IL-27 suppresses the production of IL-22 in human CD4(+) T cells by inducing the expression of SOCS1. Immunol Lett. 2013;152:96-103 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it demonstrates that IL-27 may be a therapeutic approach in the treatment of IL-22-mediated diseases. ..