Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL1RAPL1
Description: interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein-like 1
Alias: IL1R8, IL1RAPL, MRX10, MRX21, MRX34, OPHN4, TIGIRR-2, IL-1-RAPL-1, IL-1RAPL-1, IL1RAPL-1, X-linked interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein-like 1, interleukin 1 receptor-8, interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein-like 1, mental retardation, X-linked 10, oligophrenin-4, three immunoglobulin domain-containing IL-1 receptor-related 2
- A postsynaptic signaling pathway that may account for the cognitive defect due to IL1RAPL1 mutationAlice Pavlowsky
Department of Genetics and Development, Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 8104, 75014 Paris, France
Curr Biol 20:103-15. 2010Interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein-like 1 (IL1RAPL1) gene mutations are associated with cognitive impairment ranging from nonsyndromic X-linked mental retardation to autism...
- SIGIRR/TIR-8 is an inhibitor of Toll-like receptor signaling in primary human cells and regulates inflammation in models of rheumatoid arthritisStefan K Drexler
Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 62:2249-61. 2010..Therefore, the purpose of this study was to investigate the involvement of SIGIRR in regulating inflammation in disease-relevant models...
- A new member of the IL-1 receptor family highly expressed in hippocampus and involved in X-linked mental retardationA Carrie
INSERM Unité 129 ICGM, CHU Cochin, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Nat Genet 23:25-31. 1999..Its high level of expression in post-natal brain structures involved in the hippocampal memory system suggests a specialized role for this new gene in the physiological processes underlying memory and learning abilities...
- Two novel members of the interleukin-1 receptor gene family, one deleted in Xp22.1-Xp21.3 mental retardationH Jin
Division of Medical and Molecular Genetics, GKT Medical School, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 8:87-94. 2000..gene to be fused tail-to-tail with a gene encoding a novel member of the interleukin-1 receptor family, IL1RAPL1. This gene has a close relative in Xq22, which we call IL1RAPL2...
- Mutations in the calcium-related gene IL1RAPL1 are associated with autismAmelie Piton
Centre for Excellence in Neuromics, CHUM Research Center and Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada H2L 4M1
Hum Mol Genet 17:3965-74. 2008..MR) who carries a de novo frameshift Ile367SerfsX6 mutation in Interleukin-1 Receptor Accessory Protein-Like 1 (IL1RAPL1), a gene implicated in calcium-regulated vesicle release and dendrite differentiation...
- IL1 receptor accessory protein like, a protein involved in X-linked mental retardation, interacts with Neuronal Calcium Sensor-1 and regulates exocytosisNadia Bahi
Institut Cochin, INSERM Unité 567, CNRS UMR 8104, Universite Paris V, CHU Cochin, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75 014 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 12:1415-25. 2003..genetics-based approaches allowed us to show that mutations in the IL-1 receptor accessory protein-like gene (IL1RAPL) are responsible for a non-specific form of X-linked mental retardation...
- A study on the correlation between IL1RAPL1 and human cognitive abilityXiaocai Gao
College of Life Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University, 199 Chang An South Road, Xi an, Shaanxi 710062, PR China
Neurosci Lett 438:163-7. 2008This study aimed to investigate the effects of IL1RAPL1 on the human cognitive ability. Four genetic marker sites, i.e., DXS1218, DXS9896, rs6526806 and rs12847959 on IL1RAPL1 were genotyped in 332 Qinba Mountain Area children...
- Intragenic deletions of IL1RAPL1: Report of two cases and review of the literatureAnne Behnecke
Institute of Human Genetics, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Med Genet A 155:372-9. 2011b>IL1RAPL1 (interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein-like 1) located at Xp21.3-22...
- A truncating mutation in the IL1RAPL1 gene is responsible for X-linked mental retardation in the MRX21 familyElisabetta Tabolacci
Istituto di Genetica Medica, Universita Cattolica, Roma, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 140:482-7. 2006..A stop mutation in exon 10 of the IL1RAPL1 gene (in Xp21) was found in the four affected males and in obligate carriers, allowing conclusive counseling of ..
- Therapeutic potential of SIGIRR in systemic lupus erythematosusChao Wang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Anhui Medical University, 81 Meishan Road, Hefei, 230032, Anhui, People s Republic of China
Rheumatol Int 33:1917-21. 2013..These results indicate that SIGIRR may represent a novel target for the treatment of SLE. In this review, we will discuss the SIGIRR and the therapeutic potential of modulating the pathway in SLE. ..
- Intragenic ILRAPL1 deletion in a male patient with intellectual disability, mild dysmorphic signs, deafness, and behavioral problemsChiara Barone
Centro di Consulenza Genetica e Teratologia della Riproduzione, Dipartimento Materno Infantile, ARNAS Garibaldi Nesima, Catania, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 161:1381-5. 2013..To date >90 genes associated with X-linked intellectual disability have been identified and, among these, IL1RAPL1 (interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein-like 1), was first described and mapped to Xp21.3-22.1 in 1999...
- Dissection of an inverted X(p21.3q27.1) chromosome associated with mental retardationF Lepretre
FRC 3, Institut de Biologie de Lille, Lille, France
Cytogenet Genome Res 101:124-9. 2003..Further investigations by FISH showed that the IL1RAPL1 gene at Xp21...
- The toll interleukin-1 receptor (IL-1R) 8/single Ig domain IL-1R-related molecule modulates the renal response to bacterial infectionJaklien C Leemans
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Infect Immun 80:3812-20. 2012..coli...
- Disruption of the IL1RAPL1 gene associated with a pericentromeric inversion of the X chromosome in a patient with mental retardation and autismS S Bhat
Clin Genet 73:94-6. 2008
- Target-specific vulnerability of excitatory synapses leads to deficits in associative memory in a model of intellectual disorderXander Houbaert
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR5297, Universite de Bordeaux, 33077 Bordeaux, France
J Neurosci 33:13805-19. 2013..Here we studied the functional and behavioral consequences of the ID gene il1rapl1 deficiency in mice and reported that il1rapl1 constitutive deletion alters cued fear memory formation...
- β-Thalassemia trait association with autoimmune diseases: β-globin locus proximity to the immunity genes or role of hemorphins?Meric A Altinoz
Meric A Altinoz, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Halic University, Istanbul, Turkey
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 34:181-90. 2012..in close proximity to eight genes with profound roles in immune regulation: STIM1, CD151, TC21/RRAS2, SIGIRR/TOLL/IL1R8, pp52/LSP1 (lymphocyte specific protein), TRIM21, toll interacting protein (TOLLIP) and SLEN3...
- IL1RAPL1 gene deletion as a cause of X-linked intellectual disability and dysmorphic featuresErin L Youngs
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, United States
Eur J Med Genet 55:32-6. 2012..detected with chromosomal microarray analysis involving the interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein-like 1 (IL1RAPL1) gene...
- A complex deletion-inversion-deletion event results in a chimeric IL1RAPL1-dystrophin transcript and a contiguous gene deletion syndromeJ M Wheway
J Med Genet 40:127-31. 2003
- MicroRNAs and other non-coding RNAs as targets for anticancer drug developmentHui Ling
1 Experimental Therapeutics and Leukemia Department, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, USA 2
Nat Rev Drug Discov 12:847-65. 2013The first cancer-targeted microRNA (miRNA) drug - MRX34, a liposome-based miR-34 mimic - entered Phase I clinical trials in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma in April 2013, and miRNA therapeutics are attracting special ..
- Genistein suppresses prostate cancer growth through inhibition of oncogenic microRNA-151Takeshi Chiyomaru
Department of Urology, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43812. 2012..In-silico analysis showed that several genes (CASZ1, IL1RAPL1, SOX17, N4BP1 and ARHGDIA) suggested to have tumor suppressive functions were target genes of miR-151...
- Multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification analysis of the NR0B1(DAX1) locus enables explanation of phenotypic differences in patients with X-linked congenital adrenal hypoplasiaMichela Barbaro
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Horm Res Paediatr 77:100-7. 2012..A synthetic probe set for multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification analysis was developed to confirm and characterize NR0B1 deletions in patients with AHC and to correlate their genotypes with their divergent phenotypes...
- Complex glycerol kinase deficiency - X-linked contiguous gene syndrome involving congenital adrenal hypoplasia, glycerol kinase deficiency, muscular Duchenne dystrophy and intellectual disability (IL1RAPL gene deletion)Beata Wikiera
Klinika i Katedra Endokrynologii Wieku Rozwojowego Uniwersytetu Medycznego we Wroclawiu
Pediatr Endocrinol Diabetes Metab 18:153-7. 2012..Due to the fact that loci of all genes responsible for complex glycerol kinase deficiency were determined, it is possible to carry out molecular examination, confirm clinical diagnosis and determine female carriers of the disorder...
- IL1RAPL1 associated with mental retardation and autism regulates the formation and stabilization of glutamatergic synapses of cortical neurons through RhoA signaling pathwayTakashi Hayashi
Department of Molecular Neurobiology and Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e66254. 2013Interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein-like 1 (IL1RAPL1) is associated with X-linked mental retardation and autism spectrum disorder. We found that IL1RAPL1 regulates synapse formation of cortical neurons...
- CpG array analysis of histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation by chromatin immunoprecipitation linked to microarrays analysis in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of IgA nephropathy patientsSuwen Qi
Key Laboratory of Laboratory Medical Diagnostics, Ministry of Education, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Yonsei Med J 53:377-85. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the aberrance of histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation (H3K4me3) in patients with IgA Nephropathy (IgAN)...
- Deletion of the immunoglobulin domain of IL1RAPL1 results in nonsyndromic X-linked intellectual disability associated with behavioral problems and mild dysmorphismKarl J Franek
Center for Molecular Studies, J C Self Research Institute of Human Genetics, Greenwood Genetic Center, South Carolina, USA
Am J Med Genet A 155:1109-14. 2011..Mutations in IL1RAPL1 have been found in multiple families with non-syndromic X-linked intellectual disability...
- Structural and functional deficits in a neuronal calcium sensor-1 mutant identified in a case of autistic spectrum disorderMark T W Handley
The Physiological Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10534. 2010..interactions with a range of target proteins one of which is interleukin receptor accessory protein like-1 (IL1RAPL1) protein...
- Systematic resequencing of X-chromosome synaptic genes in autism spectrum disorder and schizophreniaA Piton
Department of Medicine, Centre of Excellence in Neuromics, CHUM Research Centre, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Mol Psychiatry 16:867-80. 2011..Truncating mutations in genes encoding the calcium-related protein IL1RAPL1 (already described in Piton et al...
- A unified theory of autism revisited: linkage evidence points to chromosome X using a high-risk subset of AGRE familiesKristina Allen-Brady
Department of Psychiatry, Utah Autism Research Project, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84108, USA
Autism Res 3:47-52. 2010..01, maximum HLOD 2.08) under a dominant model on chromosome Xp22.11-p21.2 that encompasses the IL1RAPL1 gene. Mutations or deletions in IL1RAPL1 have been previously reported in three families with autism...
- Copy-number variations on the X chromosome in Japanese patients with mental retardation detected by array-based comparative genomic hybridization analysisShozo Honda
Department of Molecular Cytogenetics, Medical Research Institute and School of Biomedical Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 55:590-9. 2010..2) and dup(X)(p21.3) containing part of REPS2, NHS and IL1RAPL1 in two unrelated families, duplication of Xp22.2 including part of FRMPD4, duplication of Xq21...
- Longitudinal genome-wide association of cardiovascular disease risk factors in the Bogalusa heart studyErin N Smith
Scripps Genomic Medicine and Scripps Translational Science Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1001094. 2010....
- Fine mapping of Xq11.1-q21.33 and mutation screening of RPS6KA6, ZNF711, ACSL4, DLG3, and IL1RAPL2 for autism spectrum disorders (ASD)Katri Kantojärvi
Department of Medical Genetics, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Autism Res 4:228-33. 2011..also analyzed ACSL4 and DLG3, which have previously been known to cause XLMR and IL1RAPL2, a homologous gene for IL1RAPL1 that is mutated in autism and XLMR...
- No evidence for IL1RAPL1 involvement in selected high-risk autism pedigrees from the AGRE data setKristina Allen-Brady
Utah ASD Research Project, Department of Psychiatry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Autism Res 4:293-6. 2011..We identified a suggestive linkage peak on chromosome Xp22.11-p21.2 that encompasses the IL1RAPL1 gene, a strong candidate gene for ASD...
- The X-linked intellectual disability protein IL1RAPL1 regulates excitatory synapse formation by binding PTPδ and RhoGAP2Pamela Valnegri
CNR Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology, University of Milan, 20129 Milan, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 20:4797-809. 2011Mutations of the Interleukin-1-receptor accessory protein like 1 (IL1RAPL1) gene are associated with cognitive impairment ranging from non-syndromic X-linked mental retardation to autism...
- IL-1 receptor accessory protein-like 1 associated with mental retardation and autism mediates synapse formation by trans-synaptic interaction with protein tyrosine phosphatase δTomoyuki Yoshida
Department of Molecular Neurobiology and Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Neurosci 31:13485-99. 2011..IL-1-receptor accessory protein-like 1 (IL1RAPL1) is responsible for nonsyndromic MR and is associated with autism...
- Clinically relevant single gene or intragenic deletions encompassing critical neurodevelopmental genes in patients with developmental delay, mental retardation, and/or autism spectrum disordersFady M Mikhail
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Am J Med Genet A 155:2386-96. 2011..2), and genes involved in neurotransmission (CHRNA7 at 15q13.3 and IL1RAPL1 at Xp21.2p21.3)...
- Identification and characterization of two members of a novel class of the interleukin-1 receptor (IL-1R) family. Delineation of a new class of IL-1R-related proteins based on signalingT L Born
Immunex Corp, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Biol Chem 275:29946-54. 2000..T., Kahn, A., Fryns, J. P., Beldjord, C., Marynen, P., and Chelly, J. (1999) Nat. Genet. 23, 25-31) and called IL1RAPL, a name we will also use henceforth...
- [Contiguous gene deletion syndrome in Xp21: an unusual form of presentation]I Sanz-Ruiz
Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario Doctor Peset, Valencia, Espana
Rev Neurol 49:472-4. 2009..We report a case of an infant where the association of Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD) and pseudohypertriglyceridaemia led to the diagnosis of contiguous gene deletion syndrome in Xp21...
- IL1RAPL1 controls inhibitory networks during cerebellar development in miceFrederic Gambino
Institut des Neurosciences Cellulaires et Integratives, UPR3212, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 67084 Strasbourg, France
Eur J Neurosci 30:1476-86. 2009..Here, we investigate the role of interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein-like 1 (IL1RAPL1), a protein linked to cognitive function which interacts with neuronal calcium sensor 1 (NCS-1) in the ..
- Insertion of the IL1RAPL1 gene into the duplication junction of the dystrophin geneZhujun Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuo, Kobe, Japan
J Hum Genet 54:466-73. 2009..Here, we report the insertion of a part of the IL1RAPL1 (interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein-like 1) gene into the duplication junction site...
- Transcription factor SOX3 is involved in X-linked mental retardation with growth hormone deficiencyFrederic Laumonnier
Service de GénétiquehyphenINSERM U316, CHU Bretonneau, Tours, France
Am J Hum Genet 71:1450-5. 2002..in a female patient with mild mental retardation revealed localization of the Xp breakpoint in the IL1RAPL gene at Xp21...
- Activity-dependent regulation of genes implicated in X-linked non-specific mental retardationB Boda
Neuropharmacology and Department of Morphology, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211, Geneva 4, Switzerland
Neuroscience 114:13-7. 2002..These include OPHN1, GDI1, PAK3, IL1RAPL, TM4SF2, FMR2 and RSK2...
- IL1RAPL2 maps to Xq22 and is specifically expressed in the central nervous systemM I Ferrante
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine TIGEM, Milan, Italy
Gene 275:217-21. 2001We report the identification and characterization of a homologue of the IL1RAPL transcript which is responsible for a form of X-linked mental retardation (MRX34)...
- Genes responsible for nonspecific mental retardationS Castellvi-Bel
Servei de Genètica, Hosital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Genet Metab 72:104-8. 2001..Eight genes involved in nonspecific X-linked MR have been identified so far, including FMR2, OPHN1, GDI1, PAK3, IL1RAPL, TM4SF2, VCX-A, and ARHGEF6...
- Computational identification, cloning, and characterization of IL-1R9, a novel interleukin-1 receptor-like gene encoded over an unusually large interval of human chromosome Xq22.2-q22.3T R Sana
Department of Molecular Biology, DNAX Research Institute, 901 California Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304 1104, USA
Genomics 69:252-62. 2000..IL-1R9 shows restricted expression in fetal brain and is highly homologous to IL1RAPL (A. Carrie et al., 1999 Nat. Genet...
- Mutations in ARHGEF6, encoding a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rho GTPases, in patients with X-linked mental retardationK Kutsche
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Nat Genet 26:247-50. 2000..X-chromosomal genes mutated in nonspecific mental retardation (MRX) have been identified: FMR2, GDI1, RPS6KA3, IL1RAPL, TM4SF2, OPHN1 and PAK3 (refs 2-9)...
- Rat homolog of mouse interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein: cloning, localization and modulation studiesC Liu
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Neuroimmunol 66:41-8. 1996..On the other hand, the presence of the IL-1RAcP in brain areas which show an absence of type I IL-1 receptors suggests additional functions for this protein in the rat...
- Regional localisation of two non-specific X-linked mental retardation genes (MRX30 and MRX31)A J Donnelly
Department of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, Women s and Children s Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Med Genet 64:113-20. 1996..There are now at least 8 distinct loci associated with non-specific mental retardation on the X chromosome defined, in order from pter to qter, by localisation for MRX24, MRX2, MRX10, MRX1, MRX30, MRX27, FRAXE and MRX3.
- Regional localization of an X-linked mental retardation gene to Xp21.1-Xp22.13 (MRX38)C K Schutz
Department of Biology McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet 64:89-96. 1996..The map intervals of 5 X-linked mental retardation loci, MRX2 (Xp22.1-p22.2), MRX19 (Xp22), MRX21 (Xp21.1-p22.3), MRX29 (Xp21.2-p22.1), and MRX32 (Xp21.2-p22...
- Seventh International Workshop on the Fragile X and X-linked Mental RetardationL Tranebjaerg
Department of Medical Genetics, University Hospital of Tromsø, Norway
Am J Med Genet 64:1-14. 1996
- Mapping of a gene for non-specific X linked mental retardation: evidence for linkage to chromosomal region Xp21.1-Xp22.3L Kozak
Istituto di Genetica Medica, Facolta di Medicina A Gemelli, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Roma, Italy
J Med Genet 30:866-9. 1993..11 at theta = 0.00 was obtained with DXS164 and DXS278. The linked region spanned chromosomal bands Xp21.1-Xp22.3, that is, the same portion of the X chromosome where MRX2 and MRX10-13 have been previously localised.
- Gene diversity patterns at 10 X-chromosomal loci in humans and chimpanzeesTakashi Kitano
Department of Evolutionary Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
Mol Biol Evol 20:1281-9. 2003..A possible exception is FMR2, which shows a higher number of nonsynonymous than synonymous substitutions on the human lineage, suggesting the action of positive selection...
- [Monogenic causes of nonspecific X-linked mental retardation molecular aspects]Magdalena Nawara
Zaklad Genetyki Medycznej, Instytut Matki i Dziecka, Kasprzaka 17a, 01 211 Warszawa, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 6:281-94. 2002..nonspecific X-linked mental retardation have been identified so far, including FMR2, GDI1, OPHN1, PAK3, ARHGEF6, IL1RAPL, TM4SF2, and FACL4. Four other MECP2, RSK2, ARX, ATR-X are involved in syndromic and nonspecific forms of MR...
- Crystal structure of the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor domain of human IL-1RAPLJaved A Khan
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Biol Chem 279:31664-70. 2004..Deletion mutagenesis studies show that the activation of JNK by IL-1RAPL does not depend on the integrity of its TIR domain, suggesting a distinct mechanism of signaling through this receptor...
- Novel mutation of IL1RAPL1 gene in a nonspecific X-linked mental retardation (MRX) familyMagdalena Nawara
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Mother and Child, Warsaw, Poland
Am J Med Genet A 146:3167-72. 2008..Subsequent mutation analysis of genes located in this interval allowed us to identify a partial deletion of the IL1RAPL1 gene...
- Zebrafish orthologue of mental retardation protein IL1RAPL1 regulates presynaptic differentiationTomoyuki Yoshida
Department of Molecular Neurobiology and Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:218-28. 2008IL1-receptor accessory protein-like 1 (IL1RAPL1), a member of interleukin-1/toll receptor (TIR) family, is responsible for a nonsyndromic form of mental retardation (MR)...
- Common fragile sites, extremely large genes, neural development and cancerDavid I Smith
Co head of the Ovarian Cancer Program, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Lett 232:48-57. 2006..09 Mbs in FRAXC), LRP1B (1.9 Mbs in FRA2F), CTNNA3 (1.78 Mbs in FRA10D), DAB1 (1.55 Mbs in FRA1B), and IL1RAPL1 (1.36 Mbs in FRAXC)...
- DMD and IL1RAPL1: two large adjacent genes localized within a common fragile site (FRAXC) have reduced expression in cultured brain tumorsS McAvoy
Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 119:196-203. 2007..However, the 2.0 Mb DMD gene and its immediately distal neighbor, the 1.8 Mb IL1RAPL1 gene are CFS genes contained within the FRAXC CFS region (Xp21.2-->p21.1)...
- Non-random inactivation of large common fragile site genes in different cancersS McAvoy
Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 118:260-9. 2007..of the 20 known large CFS genes: FHIT, WWOX, PARK2, GRID2, NBEA, DLG2, RORA isoforms 1 and 4, DAB1, CNTNAP2, DMD, IL1RAPL1, IMMP2L and LARGE in breast, ovarian, endometrial and brain cancers using real-time RT-PCR analysis...
- IL1-receptor accessory protein-like 1 (IL1RAPL1), a protein involved in cognitive functions, regulates N-type Ca2+-channel and neurite elongationFrederic Gambino
Département Neurotransmission et Sécrétion Neuroendocrine, Institut des Neurosciences Cellulaires et Integratives, Universite Louis Pasteur, 5 rue Blaise Pascal, 67084 Strasbourg, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9063-8. 2007Null mutations in the IL1-receptor accessory protein-like 1 gene (IL1RAPL1) are responsible for an inherited X-linked form of cognitive impairment...
- A multiplex assay for the detection and mapping of complex glycerol kinase deficiencyRoger D Klein
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55901, USA
Clin Chem 52:1864-70. 2006..Molecular testing to delineate this deletion is expensive and has only limited availability...
- [Non-specific X-linked mental retardation]F Martínez-Castellano
Hospital Universitario La Fe, 46009 Valencia, Espana
Rev Neurol 42:S77-83. 2006..Genetic linkage studies showed it to have a high rate of genetic heterogeneity...
- X linked mental retardation: a clinical guideF L Raymond
Cambridge Institute of Medical Research, Department of Medical Genetics, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 2XY, UK
J Med Genet 43:193-200. 2006..Secondly, the relative prevalence of genes causing only non-syndromic mental retardation (IL1RAPL1, TM4SF2, ZNF41, FTSJ1, DLG3, FACL4, PAK3, ARHGEF6, FMR2, and GDI) is summarised...
- X-linked mental retardation, short stature, microcephaly and hypogonadism maps to Xp22.1-p21.3 in a Belgian familyHilde Van Esch
Centre for Human Genetics, University Hospital Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Med Genet 48:145-52. 2005..00. No mutations were found in the presented family for two known MRX genes mapping to this interval, ARX and IL1RAPL-1. These data indicate that the interval Xp22.1-p21.3 contains at least one additional MRXS gene.
- IL1RAPL1 is associated with mental retardation in patients with complex glycerol kinase deficiency who have deletions extending telomeric of DAX1Yao Hua Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 7088, USA
Hum Mutat 24:273. 2004b>IL1RAPL1 (interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein-like, gene 1) has recently been shown to be mutated in patients with X-linked mental retardation...
- Nomenclature guidelines for X-linked mental retardationJ C Mulley
Department of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, Adelaide Children s Hospital, Australia
Am J Med Genet 43:383-91. 1992..Prior approval of availability for proposed gene symbols must be obtained from the Nomenclature Committee of the Human Gene Mapping Workshops...