Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL1RAP
Description: interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein
Alias: C3orf13, IL-1RAcP, IL1R3, interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein, IL-1 receptor accessory protein, IL-1R3, interleukin-1 receptor 3, interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein beta
- Yu F, Yuan Y, Li D, Kou Y, Jiang B, Zhang P. The effect of lentivirus-mediated SIRT1 gene knockdown in the ATDC5 cell line via inhibition of the Wnt signaling pathway. Cell Signal. 2018;53:80-89 pubmed publisher..We also found some novel factors related to the Wnt signaling pathway after SIRT1 gene knockdown (BIRC3, IL1RAP, PPP3CA, PPP2R2A, PPP2R5E, GSN, PPP2R1B, etc), which might provide new clues in disease research related to ..
- Gao Q, Li Y, Li M. The potential role of IL-33/ST2 signaling in fibrotic diseases. J Leukoc Biol. 2015;98:15-22 pubmed publisher..In this review, the biologic characteristics of IL-33 and the role of the IL-33/ST2 signaling pathway in various fibrotic diseases will be discussed. We hope this overview will provide new insights for the treatment of these diseases. ..
- Shang J, Zhao J, Wu X, Xu Y, Xie J, Zhao J. Interleukin-33 promotes inflammatory cytokine production in chronic airway inflammation. Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;93:359-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, the IL-33 is a promoter of chronic airway inflammation that contributes to COPD development. ..
- Holmes D, Yeh J, Yan D, Xu M, Chan A. Dusp5 negatively regulates IL-33-mediated eosinophil survival and function. EMBO J. 2015;34:218-35 pubmed publisher..In addition, Dusp5(-/-) eosinophils demonstrate enhanced IL-33-mediated activation and effector functions. Together, these data support a role for DUSP5 as a novel negative regulator of IL-33-dependent eosinophil function and survival. ..
- van den Oord E, Clark S, Xie L, Shabalin A, Dozmorov M, Kumar G, et al. A Whole Methylome CpG-SNP Association Study of Psychosis in Blood and Brain Tissue. Schizophr Bull. 2016;42:1018-26 pubmed publisher..0Ã—10(-8)) and justified replicating findings from blood in brain tissue. CpG-SNP rs3796293 in IL1RAP replicated (P-value = .003) with the same direction of effects...
- Graham C, Chooniedass R, Stefura W, Lotoski L, Lopez P, Befus A, et al. Stability of pro- and anti-inflammatory immune biomarkers for human cohort studies. J Transl Med. 2017;15:53 pubmed publisher..These data provide the foundation and confidence for large scale analyses of panels of inflammatory biomarkers to provide better understanding of immunological mechanisms underlying health versus disease. ..
- Zachut M, Sood P, Levin Y, Moallem U. Proteomic analysis of preovulatory follicular fluid reveals differentially abundant proteins in less fertile dairy cows. J Proteomics. 2016;139:122-9 pubmed publisher..of 8 relevant proteins was found in LFC compared to CTL: SERPINA1, TIMP2, ITIH1, HSPG2, C8A, COL1A2, F2, and IL1RAP. These proteins could influence follicular function-e.g...
- Savenije O, Mahachie John J, Granell R, Kerkhof M, Dijk F, de Jongste J, et al. Association of IL33-IL-1 receptor-like 1 (IL1RL1) pathway polymorphisms with wheezing phenotypes and asthma in childhood. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;134:170-7 pubmed publisher..testing correction in the meta-analysis: 2 IL33 SNPs (rs4742170 and rs7037276), 1 IL-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP) SNP (rs10513854), and 1 TRAF6 SNP (rs5030411)...
- Yamagata A, Yoshida T, Sato Y, Goto Ito S, Uemura T, Maeda A, et al. Mechanisms of splicing-dependent trans-synaptic adhesion by PTPÎ´-IL1RAPL1/IL-1RAcP for synaptic differentiation. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6926 pubmed publisher..Our results thus reveal the decoding mechanism of splice-insert signaling codes for synaptic differentiation induced by trans-synaptic adhesion between PTPÎ´ and IL1RAPL1/IL-1RAcP. ..
- Evans M, Esnault S, Denlinger L, Jarjour N. Sputum cell IL-1 receptor expression level is a marker of airway neutrophilia and airflow obstruction in asthmatic patients. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2018;142:415-423 pubmed publisher..27, P = .005), IL1RAP (? = +0.32, P = .0004), and IL4R (? = +0.29, P = .002)...
- Southcombe J, Redman C, Sargent I, Granne I. Interleukin-1 family cytokines and their regulatory proteins in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsia. Clin Exp Immunol. 2015;181:480-90 pubmed publisher..While the placenta is often held responsible for the damage and clinical symptoms of pre-eclampsia by the research community, here we show that the pre-eclampsia placenta is also trying to prevent inflammatory damage to the mother. ..
- Uribe J, Collado Romero M, ZaldÃvar LÃ³pez S, Arce C, Bautista R, Carvajal A, et al. Transcriptional analysis of porcine intestinal mucosa infected with Salmonella Typhimurium revealed a massive inflammatory response and disruption of bile acid absorption in ileum. Vet Res. 2016;47:11 pubmed publisher..In ileum inflammatory genes were overexpressed (e.g., IL-1B, IL-6, IL-8, IL1RAP, TNFÎ±), indicating a strong immune response at all times of infection...
- Willemse E, van Uffelen K, Brix B, Engelborghs S, Vanderstichele H, Teunissen C. How to handle adsorption of cerebrospinal fluid amyloid ? (1-42) in laboratory practice? Identifying problematic handlings and resolving the issue by use of the A?42/A?40 ratio. Alzheimers Dement. 2017;13:885-892 pubmed publisher..pipettes, vortex intensities, and other CSF proteins, including hyperphosphorylated tau and Interleukin 1 Receptor Accessory Protein (IL-1RAcP). An enquiry assessed the number of transfers in current practice...
- Okragly A, Hamang M, Pena E, Baker H, Bullock H, Lucchesi J, et al. Elevated levels of Interleukin (IL)-33 induce bone pathology but absence of IL-33 does not negatively impact normal bone homeostasis. Cytokine. 2016;79:66-73 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that absence of IL-33 has no negative consequences in normal bone homeostasis while high levels of circulating IL-33 contributes to pathological bone loss. ..
- Chen W, Chang H, Lin C, Yang S, Yin H. Chicken interleukin-1? mutants are effective single-dose vaccine adjuvants that enhance mucosal immune response. Mol Immunol. 2017;87:308-316 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the mutants Q19A and R140A are effective adjuvants that accelerate and enhance chicken mucosal immunity when co-administered with one dose of the NDV vaccine. ..
- Gao Y, Ma L, Luo C, Wang T, Zhang M, Shen X, et al. IL-33 Exerts Neuroprotective Effect in Mice Intracerebral Hemorrhage Model Through Suppressing Inflammation/Apoptotic/Autophagic Pathway. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:3879-3892 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, IL-33 provides neuroprotection through suppressing inflammation, apoptotic, and autophagic activation in collagenase-induced ICH model. ..
- Cirera S, Tørsleff B, Ritz C, Fredholm M, Heegaard P, Skovgaard K. Hepatic expression of inflammatory genes and microRNAs in pigs with high "cholesteryl ester transfer protein" (CETP) activity. Mamm Genome. 2016;27:503-10 pubmed publisher..microRNAs between the CETP-high and -low groups (C5, IL1RN, IL18, and miR-223-5p); between the two mixed breeds (IL1RAP and miR-140-5p); and between gender (APOA1, IL1RN, and FBLN1)...
- Radons J, Falk W, Dove S. Identification of critical regions within the TIR domain of IL-1 receptor type I. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;68:15-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the Î±C' helix (Q469-E473 in mouse IL-1RI) is probably involved in heterotypic interactions of IL-1RI with IL-1RAcP or MyD88. ..
- Ou M, Huang R, Xiong L, Luo L, Chen G, Liao L, et al. Molecular cloning of the MARCH family in grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus) and their response to grass carp reovirus challenge. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;63:480-490 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of MARCH8, MHC II, TfR, IL1RAP, EGR1, and DUSP1 in the intestine after GCRV infection was analyzed, and the results showed that MARCH8 could ..
- Walsh P, Fallon P. The emergence of the IL-36 cytokine family as novel targets for inflammatory diseases. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2016;: pubmed publisher..Given these emerging roles, strategies to specifically target the expression and activity of the IL-36 family have the potential to uncover novel therapeutic approaches aimed at treating inflammatory diseases in humans. ..
- Scott L, Bryant A, Rees A, Down B, Jones R, Thornton C. Production and regulation of interleukin-1 family cytokines at the materno-fetal interface. Cytokine. 2017;99:194-202 pubmed publisher..This interactive network of inflammatory mediators likely contributes to innate defence mechanisms at the materno-fetal interface to limit, in particular, the detrimental effects of microbial invasion. ..
- Nishida A, Inatomi O, Fujimoto T, Imaeda H, Tani M, Andoh A. Interleukin-36? Induces Inflammatory Mediators From Human Pancreatic Myofibroblasts Via a MyD88 Dependent Pathway. Pancreas. 2017;46:539-548 pubmed publisher..It was suggested that IL-36? plays an important role in the pathophysiology of inflammation and fibrosis in the pancreas via an autocrine function. ..
- Chen W, Huang W, Chen T, Salawu E, Wang D, Lee Y, et al. Structure and function of chicken interleukin-1 beta mutants: uncoupling of receptor binding and in vivo biological activity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27729 pubmed publisher..These findings should aid in the development of new therapeutics that neutralize IL-1 activity. ..
- Parikh S, Malvar A, Song H, Albertón V, Lococo B, Vance J, et al. Molecular imaging of the kidney in lupus nephritis to characterize response to treatment. Transl Res. 2017;182:1-13 pubmed publisher..expression from Bx1 to Bx2 revealed a 5-gene signature that differentiated NR from CR and included increased IL1RAP and FCAR in NR and increased NCAM1 in CR...
- Dietrich D, Martin P, Flacher V, Sun Y, Jarrossay D, Brembilla N, et al. Interleukin-36 potently stimulates human M2 macrophages, Langerhans cells and keratinocytes to produce pro-inflammatory cytokines. Cytokine. 2016;84:88-98 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data are consistent with the association of excessive IL-36 signaling with an inflammatory skin phenotype and identify human LC and M2 macrophages as new IL-36 target cells. ..
- Ishiguro T, Takeda J, Fang X, Bronson H, Olson D. Interleukin (IL)-1 in rat parturition: IL-1 receptors 1 and 2 and accessory proteins abundance in pregnant rat uterus at term - regulation by progesterone. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..The roles for IL-1RAcP and IL-1RAcPb need to be determined, but may relate to different intracellular signaling pathways. ..
- Ã…gerstam H, Karlsson C, Hansen N, SandÃ©n C, Askmyr M, von Palffy S, et al. Antibodies targeting human IL1RAP (IL1R3) show therapeutic effects in xenograft models of acute myeloid leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:10786-91 pubmed publisher..The interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP; IL1R3) is expressed on candidate leukemic stem cells in the majority of AML patients, ..
- Madore A, Vaillancourt V, Bouzigon E, Sarnowski C, Monier F, Dizier M, et al. Genes Involved in Interleukin-1 Receptor Type II Activities Are Associated With Asthmatic Phenotypes. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res. 2016;8:466-70 pubmed publisher..Moreover, three gene-gene interactions also survived statistical correction in the combined analyses (BACE1-IL1RAP in asthma and allergic asthma and IL1R1-IL1RAP in atopy)...
- Stanam A, Gibson Corley K, Love Homan L, Ihejirika N, Simons A. Interleukin-1 blockade overcomes erlotinib resistance in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:76087-76100 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, augmented mRNA levels of IL1A or interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP) were associated with shortened survival in HNSCC patients...
- Gorski M, Tin A, Garnaas M, McMahon G, Chu A, Tayo B, et al. Genome-wide association study of kidney function decline in individuals of European descent. Kidney Int. 2015;87:1017-29 pubmed publisher..In stage 1 GWAS meta-analysis, single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) at MEOX2, GALNT11, IL1RAP, NPPA, HPCAL1, and CDH23 showed the strongest associations for at least one trait, in addition to the known UMOD ..
- Ruhul Amin A, Machida K, Oshima K, Oo M, Thant A, Senga T, et al. A role for SHPS-1/SIRPalpha1 in IL-1beta- and TNFalpha-dependent signaling. Oncogene. 2002;21:8871-8 pubmed..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that activation of Erk 1/2 and Akt by proinflammatory cytokines requires tyrosine phosphorylation of SHPS-1 and subsequent association of SHPS-1 with SHP-2. ..
- Brikos C, Wait R, Begum S, O Neill L, Saklatvala J. Mass spectrometric analysis of the endogenous type I interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor signaling complex formed after IL-1 binding identifies IL-1RAcP, MyD88, and IRAK-4 as the stable components. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1551-9 pubmed..The only component of the IL-1RI signaling complex that dissociated is IRAK-1. Our study is therefore the first detailed description of the endogenous IL-1RI complex. ..
- Li C, Zienkiewicz J, Hawiger J. Interactive sites in the MyD88 Toll/interleukin (IL) 1 receptor domain responsible for coupling to the IL1beta signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26152-9 pubmed..Mutations in Box 2 and 3 prevented homotypic MyD88 oligomerization via TIR domain. Based on this structure-function analysis, a three-dimensional docking model of TIR-TIR interaction between MyD88 and IL1RAcP was developed. ..
- Polydorides A, Kalish R, Witkin S, Baergen R. Fetal polymorphisms in anti-inflammatory cytokine and beta-adrenergic receptor genes associated with placental pathological lesions. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2008;27:79-85 pubmed..Carriage of these alleles may render the fetus more susceptible to the adverse consequences of infection and inflammation. ..
- Pfleger C, Mortensen H, Hansen L, Herder C, Roep B, Hoey H, et al. Association of IL-1ra and adiponectin with C-peptide and remission in patients with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2008;57:929-37 pubmed publisher..The relation of adiponectin and IL-6 with remission and metabolic status transfers observations from in vitro and animal models into the human situation in vivo. ..
- Fitzgerald K, Palsson McDermott E, Bowie A, Jefferies C, Mansell A, Brady G, et al. Mal (MyD88-adapter-like) is required for Toll-like receptor-4 signal transduction. Nature. 2001;413:78-83 pubmed..Mal associates with TLR-4. Mal is therefore an adapter in TLR-4 signal transduction. ..
- Jefferies C, Bowie A, Brady G, Cooke E, Li X, O Neill L. Transactivation by the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB in response to interleukin-1 (IL-1) involves MyD88, IL-1 receptor-associated kinase 1, TRAF-6, and Rac1. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:4544-52 pubmed..A pathway emanating from MyD88 and involving IRAK-1, TRAF-6, and Rac1 is therefore involved in transactivation of gene expression by the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB in response to IL-1. ..
- Jensen L, Muzio M, Mantovani A, Whitehead A. IL-1 signaling cascade in liver cells and the involvement of a soluble form of the IL-1 receptor accessory protein. J Immunol. 2000;164:5277-86 pubmed..This suggests that sIL-1RAcP may act as an inhibitor of IL-1 by directly interacting with IL-1RI to abolish its capacity to transduce signal. ..
- Rocha V, Franco R, Porcher R, Bittencourt H, Silva W, Latouche A, et al. Host defense and inflammatory gene polymorphisms are associated with outcomes after HLA-identical sibling bone marrow transplantation. Blood. 2002;100:3908-18 pubmed..004). In conclusion, donor and recipient gene polymorphisms are informative genetic risk factors for selecting donor/recipient pairs and could help in the understanding of mechanisms involved in host defenses of BM transplant recipients. ..
- Chen R, Li M, Zhang Y, Zhou Q, Shu H. The E3 ubiquitin ligase MARCH8 negatively regulates IL-1?-induced NF-?B activation by targeting the IL1RAP coreceptor for ubiquitination and degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14128-33 pubmed publisher..cytokine interleukin-1 (IL-1) signals via type I IL-1 receptor (IL-1RI) and IL-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP), which leads to activation of the transcription factor NF-?B and induction of a range of downstream proteins ..
- Cullinan E, Kwee L, Nunes P, Shuster D, Ju G, McIntyre K, et al. IL-1 receptor accessory protein is an essential component of the IL-1 receptor. J Immunol. 1998;161:5614-20 pubmed..Finally, IL-1R AcP is an essential signal transducing component of the functional IL-1R and should represent a novel target for blocking IL-1 function in human disease. ..
- Boch J, Yoshida Y, Koyama Y, Wara aswapati N, Peng H, Unlu S, et al. Characterization of a cascade of protein interactions initiated at the IL-1 receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:525-31 pubmed..A model is presented that reflects the specific molecular interactions responsible for recruiting signaling intermediates to the IL-1 receptor cytoplasmic domains. ..
- Bin L, Xu L, Shu H. TIRP, a novel Toll/interleukin-1 receptor (TIR) domain-containing adapter protein involved in TIR signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24526-32 pubmed..Our findings suggest that TIRP is involved in IL-1-triggered NF-kappaB activation and functions upstream of IRAK, IRAK-2, TRAF6, and IKKbeta ..
- Dale M, Hammond D, Cox A, Nicklin M. The human gene encoding the interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP) maps to chromosome 3q28 by fluorescence in situ hybridization and radiation hybrid mapping. Genomics. 1998;47:325-6 pubmed
- Huang J, Gao X, Li S, Cao Z. Recruitment of IRAK to the interleukin 1 receptor complex requires interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:12829-32 pubmed..Overexpression of an IL-1RAcP mutant lacking its intracellular domain, the IRAK-binding domain, prevented the recruitment of IRAK to the receptor complex and blocked IL-1-induced NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Jo S, Kim E, Kwak A, Lee J, Hong J, Lee J, et al. Reconstitution of ST2 (IL-1R4) specific for IL-33 activity; no suppression by IL-1Ra though a common chain IL-1R3 (IL-1RAcP) shared with IL-1. Cytokine. 2016;83:33-40 pubmed publisher..This result demonstrates for the first time the reconstitution of ST2 in A549 human lung epithelial cell line and verified its function in IL-33-mediated cytokine production and signal transduction. ..
- Towne J, Garka K, Renshaw B, Virca G, Sims J. Interleukin (IL)-1F6, IL-1F8, and IL-1F9 signal through IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP to activate the pathway leading to NF-kappaB and MAPKs. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13677-88 pubmed..We conclude that IL-1F6, IL-1F8, and IL-1F9 signal through IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP. ..
- Won S, Kim C, Kim D, Ko J, Um J, Lee S, et al. LAR-RPTP Clustering Is Modulated by Competitive Binding between Synaptic Adhesion Partners and Heparan Sulfate. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:327 pubmed publisher..These findings collectively suggest that LAR-RPTP clustering for synaptogenesis is modulated by a complex synapse-organizing protein network...
- HE J, Li X, Zhu W, Yu Y, Gong J. Research of differential expression of sIL1RAP in low-grade gliomas between children and adults. Brain Tumor Pathol. 2018;35:19-28 pubmed publisher..In our investigation, it was first found that the level of soluble IL1RAP (sIL1RAP) was significantly higher in the LGG from children than that from adult...
- Smyth D, Howson J, Payne F, Maier L, Bailey R, Holland K, et al. Analysis of polymorphisms in 16 genes in type 1 diabetes that have been associated with other immune-mediated diseases. BMC Med Genet. 2006;7:20 pubmed..We cannot, however, rule out effect sizes smaller than OR 1.5. ..
- Barreyro L, Will B, Bartholdy B, Zhou L, Todorova T, Stanley R, et al. Overexpression of IL-1 receptor accessory protein in stem and progenitor cells and outcome correlation in AML and MDS. Blood. 2012;120:1290-8 pubmed publisher..This analysis revealed dysregulated expression of 11 genes, including IL-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP), in all leukemic stem and progenitor cell compartments...
- Ramanan V, Risacher S, Nho K, Kim S, Shen L, McDonald B, et al. GWAS of longitudinal amyloid accumulation on 18F-florbetapir PET in Alzheimer's disease implicates microglial activation gene IL1RAP. Brain. 2015;138:3076-88 pubmed publisher..with higher rates of amyloid accumulation independent from APOE (apolipoprotein E) Îµ4 status was identified in IL1RAP (interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein; rs12053868-G; P = 1...
- Chen Y, Zhou C, Yu Y, Liu J, Jing Z, Lv A, et al. Variations in target gene expression and pathway profiles in the mouse hippocampus following treatment with different effective compounds for ischemia-reperfusion injury. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2012;385:797-806 pubmed publisher..Three overlapping genes were identified among the BA, JA, and CA treatment groups: Il1rap, Gnb5, and Wdr38...
- Agerstam H, Hansen N, von Palffy S, Sandén C, Reckzeh K, Karlsson C, et al. IL1RAP antibodies block IL-1-induced expansion of candidate CML stem cells and mediate cell killing in xenograft models. Blood. 2016;128:2683-2693 pubmed..Interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP; IL1R3) is a coreceptor of interleukin-1 receptor type 1 and has been found upregulated on CML stem cells...
- Jeon J, Lee J, Park K, Byun H, Lee H, Lee Y, et al. Brazilin selectively disrupts proximal IL-1 receptor signaling complex formation by targeting an IKK-upstream signaling components. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;89:515-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that the anti-IKK activity of brazilin is induced by targeting IKK upstream signaling components and subsequently disrupting proximal IL-1 receptor signaling complex formation. ..
- Bozaoglu K, Attard C, Kulkarni H, Cummings N, Diego V, Carless M, et al. Plasma levels of soluble interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein are reduced in obesity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99:3435-43 pubmed publisher..Plasma sIL1RAP levels were significantly heritable, correlated with IL1RAP transcript levels (NM_134470), showed evidence for shared genetic influences with obesity measures and were ..
- Lang D, Knop J, Wesche H, Raffetseder U, Kurrle R, Boraschi D, et al. The type II IL-1 receptor interacts with the IL-1 receptor accessory protein: a novel mechanism of regulation of IL-1 responsiveness. J Immunol. 1998;161:6871-7 pubmed
- Morton N, de Groot R, Cawthorne M, Emilsson V. Interleukin-1beta activates a short STAT-3 isoform in clonal insulin-secreting cells. FEBS Lett. 1999;442:57-60 pubmed..This may be a novel point of transduction cross talk and an additional mechanism utilised by IL-1beta in the pancreatic beta-cell during the process of type 1 diabetes. ..
- Bigonnesse F, Marois M, Maheux R, Akoum A. Interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein is constitutively expressed in human endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle. Mol Hum Reprod. 2001;7:333-9 pubmed..This suggests that the accessory protein, whose co-expression is critical for IL-1R tI-mediated cell activation, is, in contrast to the functional receptor, constitutively expressed and not subject to similar cycle-dependent regulation. ..
- Pellicano F, Sinclair A, Holyoake T. In search of CML stem cells' deadly weakness. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2011;6:82-7 pubmed publisher..pathogenesis, including the multiple gene regulators miRNAs, the apparently leukemia-specific cell surface marker IL1RAP, transcription factors such as BMI1 and FOXOs, the tumor suppressors PML and PP2A, and the tyrosine kinase JAK2.
- Greenfeder S, Nunes P, Kwee L, Labow M, Chizzonite R, Ju G. Molecular cloning and characterization of a second subunit of the interleukin 1 receptor complex. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13757-65 pubmed..Therefore, the functional IL-1 receptor appears to be a complex composed of at least two subunits. ..
- Radons J, Gabler S, Wesche H, Korherr C, Hofmeister R, Falk W. Identification of essential regions in the cytoplasmic tail of interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein critical for interleukin-1 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16456-63 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that box 3 of IL-1RAcP is critical for IL-1-dependent NF-kappaB activation and stabilization of IL-2 mRNA via JNK, whereas aa 527-534 largely contribute to IL-2 promoter activation. ..
- Järås M, Johnels P, Hansen N, Agerstam H, Tsapogas P, Rissler M, et al. Isolation and killing of candidate chronic myeloid leukemia stem cells by antibody targeting of IL-1 receptor accessory protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16280-5 pubmed publisher..Here we used gene-expression profiling to identify IL-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP) as up-regulated in CML CD34(+) cells and also in cord blood CD34(+) cells as a consequence of retroviral BCR/ABL1 ..
- Smith D, Lipsky B, Russell C, Ketchem R, Kirchner J, Hensley K, et al. A central nervous system-restricted isoform of the interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein modulates neuronal responses to interleukin-1. Immunity. 2009;30:817-31 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate AcPb as an additional component of the highly regulated IL-1 system and suggest that it may play a role in modulating CNS responses to IL-1 and the interplay between inflammation and neuronal survival. ..
- Bassoy E, Towne J, Gabay C. Regulation and function of interleukin-36 cytokines. Immunol Rev. 2018;281:169-178 pubmed publisher..Emerging data also suggest a role for this cytokine family in pulmonary and intestinal physiology and pathology...
- Lu H, Yang C, Chen H, Hung C, Chiang Y, Ting L. A novel alternatively spliced interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein mIL-1RAcP687. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:1374-84 pubmed..These results demonstrate that like mIL-1RAcP, mIL-1RAcP687 functions in the IL-1 signal transduction and response. Identification of mIL-1RAcP687 adds further complexity to the regulation of IL-1 signaling and its subsequent response. ..
- Cao Z, Xiong J, Takeuchi M, Kurama T, Goeddel D. TRAF6 is a signal transducer for interleukin-1. Nature. 1996;383:443-6 pubmed..These findings indicate that TRAF proteins may function as signal transducers for distinct receptor families and that TRAF6 participates in IL-1 signalling. ..
- Parnet P, Garka K, Bonnert T, Dower S, Sims J. IL-1Rrp is a novel receptor-like molecule similar to the type I interleukin-1 receptor and its homologues T1/ST2 and IL-1R AcP. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3967-70 pubmed
- Qian J, Zhu L, Li Q, Belevych N, Chen Q, Zhao F, et al. Interleukin-1R3 mediates interleukin-1-induced potassium current increase through fast activation of Akt kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12189-94 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that IL-1R3/IL-1RAcPb complex mediates a unique subset of IL-1 activity that accounts for many previously unexplained IL-1 effects in the central nervous system. ..
- Zhao X, Bai X, Guan L, Li J, Song X, Ma X, et al. microRNA-4331 Promotes Transmissible Gastroenteritis Virus (TGEV)-induced Mitochondrial Damage Via Targeting RB1, Upregulating Interleukin-1 Receptor Accessory Protein (IL1RAP), and Activating p38 MAPK Pathway In Vitro. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2018;17:190-204 pubmed publisher..Ca2+ level, mitochondrial membrane potential (MMP), interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP), p38 MAPK signaling pathway were investigated...
- Zhou L, Todorovic V, Kakavas S, Sielaff B, Medina L, Wang L, et al. Quantitative ligand and receptor binding studies reveal the mechanism of interleukin-36 (IL-36) pathway activation. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:403-411 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the landscape of IL-36 ligand and receptor interactions, improving our understanding of IL-36 pathway activation and inhibition. ..
- DU L, Wang Y, Hua G, Mi W. IL-33/ST2 Pathway as a Rational Therapeutic Target for CNS Diseases. Neuroscience. 2018;369:222-230 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the recent findings in the cellular signaling of IL-33 and advancement of the role of IL-33 in several CNS diseases, as well as its therapeutic potential for the treatment of those diseases. ..
- Wesche H, Korherr C, Kracht M, Falk W, Resch K, Martin M. The interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein (IL-1RAcP) is essential for IL-1-induced activation of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) and stress-activated protein kinases (SAP kinases). J Biol Chem. 1997;272:7727-31 pubmed
- Sizemore N, Leung S, Stark G. Activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in response to interleukin-1 leads to phosphorylation and activation of the NF-kappaB p65/RelA subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4798-805 pubmed..Therefore, IL-1 stimulates the PI3K-dependent phosphorylation and transactivation of NF-kappaB, a process quite distinct from the liberation of NF-kappaB from its cytoplasmic inhibitor IkappaB. ..
- Burns K, Clatworthy J, Martin L, Martinon F, Plumpton C, Maschera B, et al. Tollip, a new component of the IL-1RI pathway, links IRAK to the IL-1 receptor. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:346-51 pubmed..As overexpression of Tollip results in impaired NF-kappaB activation, we conclude that Tollip is an important constituent of the IL-1R signalling pathway. ..
- Wu F, He M, Wen Q, Zhang W, Yang J, Zhang X, et al. Associations between variants in IL-33/ST2 signaling pathway genes and coronary heart disease risk. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:23227-39 pubmed publisher..85; 95% CI = 1.85-3.35; p = 0.043). However, no significant association was observed between variants in IL-33/ST2 genes and CHD risk. Further studies are needed to replicate our results in other ethnic groups with larger sample size. ..
- Amos C, Wu X, Broderick P, Gorlov I, Gu J, Eisen T, et al. Genome-wide association scan of tag SNPs identifies a susceptibility locus for lung cancer at 15q25.1. Nat Genet. 2008;40:616-22 pubmed publisher..Haplotype analysis was consistent with there being a single risk variant in this region. We conclude that variation in a region of 15q25.1 containing nicotinic acetylcholine receptors genes contributes to lung cancer risk. ..
- Jensen L, Whitehead A. The 3' untranslated region of the membrane-bound IL-1R accessory protein mRNA confers tissue-specific destabilization. J Immunol. 2004;173:6248-58 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the cellular capacity to respond to IL-1 is tightly regulated in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Rodrigo E, Sanchez Velasco P, Ruiz J, Fernandez Fresnedo G, Lopez Hoyos M, Piñera C, et al. Cytokine polymorphisms and risk of infection after kidney transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2007;39:2219-21 pubmed..Patients with genetic susceptibility to infection may benefit from less potent immunosuppressive therapy and more intense preventive measures. ..