Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL1R1
Description: interleukin 1 receptor type 1
Alias: CD121A, D2S1473, IL-1R-alpha, IL1R, IL1RA, P80, interleukin-1 receptor type 1, CD121 antigen-like family member A, IL-1R-1, IL-1RT-1, IL-1RT1, interleukin 1 receptor alpha, type I, interleukin-1 receptor alpha, interleukin-1 receptor type I
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Vigers G, Anderson L, Caffes P, Brandhuber B. Crystal structure of the type-I interleukin-1 receptor complexed with interleukin-1beta. Nature. 1997;386:190-4 pubmed..Each of these molecules binds to the type I IL-1 receptor (IL1R)...
- Dale M, Nicklin M. Interleukin-1 receptor cluster: gene organization of IL1R2, IL1R1, IL1RL2 (IL-1Rrp2), IL1RL1 (T1/ST2), and IL18R1 (IL-1Rrp) on human chromosome 2q. Genomics. 1999;57:177-9 pubmed..gt; tel), in the order given, for the type II interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor (IL1R2), the type I IL-1 receptor (IL1R1), the IL-1 receptor-related protein 2 (IL1RL2), T1/ST2/fit-1 (IL1RL1), and the IL-1 receptor-related protein 1, ..
- Moos V, Rudwaleit M, Herzog V, Höhlig K, Sieper J, Muller B. Association of genotypes affecting the expression of interleukin-1beta or interleukin-1 receptor antagonist with osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2000;43:2417-22 pubmed..Both associations suggest that IL-1beta may be more important than TNFalpha for the regulation of cytokine and growth factor expression in articular chondrocytes. ..
- Hutyrova B, Pantelidis P, Drabek J, Zůrková M, Kolek V, Lenhart K, et al. Interleukin-1 gene cluster polymorphisms in sarcoidosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002;165:148-51 pubmed..Further population studies are warranted to confirm the observed association between sarcoidosis and the IL-1alpha polymorphism and also to explore mechanisms of IL-1alpha -889 participation in aberrant immune response in sarcoidosis. ..
- Smith A, Keen L, Billingham M, Perry M, Elson C, Kirwan J, et al. Extended haplotypes and linkage disequilibrium in the IL1R1-IL1A-IL1B-IL1RN gene cluster: association with knee osteoarthritis. Genes Immun. 2004;5:451-60 pubmed..We explored the linkage between nine polymorphic loci in the IL1R1 promoter, eight in the IL1A-IL1B-IL1RN gene complex, and their association with osteoarthritis (OA), a common ..
- Hartland S, Newton J, Griffin S, Donaldson P. A functional polymorphism in the interleukin-1 receptor-1 gene is associated with increased risk of Helicobacter pylori infection but not with gastric cancer. Dig Dis Sci. 2004;49:1545-50 pubmed..The major novel finding of the study was a marked difference in the genotype frequencies for the IL1R1 Hinfl SNP in those with current or previous evidence of H. pylori compared to those without...
- D Amora P, Sato H, Girao M, Silva I, Schor E. Polymorphisms in exons 1B and 1C of the type I interleukin-1 receptor gene in patients with endometriosis. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2006;56:178-84 pubmed..058). However, in relation to BsrBI polymorphism, protective risk was observed for the development of endometriosis [OR 0.39-IC 95% (0.2-0.9)]. BsrBI heterozygote genotype (C/A) showed protective effect against endometriosis development. ..
- Do H, Vasilescu A, Carpentier W, Meyer L, Diop G, Hirtzig T, et al. Exhaustive genotyping of the interleukin-1 family genes and associations with AIDS progression in a French cohort. J Infect Dis. 2006;194:1492-504 pubmed..evaluate the impact of the IL-1 family on AIDS development, we genotyped the IL1 alpha , IL1 beta , IL1Ra, and IL1R1 genes in 245 slow progressor (SP) and 82 rapid progressor (RP) human immunodeficiency virus type 1-seropositive ..
- Akoum A, Lawson C, Herrmann Lavoie C, Maheux R. Imbalance in the expression of the activating type I and the inhibitory type II interleukin 1 receptors in endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2007;22:1464-73 pubmed..The objective of this study was to further evaluate the expression and significance of IL1 receptor type I (IL1R1), the signalling receptor that mediates cell activation by IL1, and IL1 receptor type II (IL1R2), a potent and ..
- Javor J, Bucova M, Ferencik S, Grosse Wilde H, Buc M. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of cytokine genes in the healthy Slovak population. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:273-80 pubmed..However, several differences were found between the Slovak and four populations from Southern Europe. The obtained data represent a basis for further studies on association of cytokine gene polymorphisms with some diseases. ..
- Solovieva S, Kamarainen O, Hirvonen A, Hämäläinen S, Laitala M, Vehmas T, et al. Association between interleukin 1 gene cluster polymorphisms and bilateral distal interphalangeal osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:1977-86 pubmed publisher..We genotyped 10 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the IL1R1, IL1RL2, IL1A, IL1B, and IL1RN genes using polymerase chain reaction-based methods...
- Savenije O, Kerkhof M, Reijmerink N, Brunekreef B, de Jongste J, Smit H, et al. Interleukin-1 receptor-like 1 polymorphisms are associated with serum IL1RL1-a, eosinophils, and asthma in childhood. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:750-6.e1-5 pubmed publisher..IL1RL1-a levels were not associated with eosinophil counts. We demonstrate that IL1RL1 polymorphisms are associated with serum IL1RL1-a, blood eosinophils, and asthma in childhood. ..
- Muzio M, Ni J, Feng P, Dixit V. IRAK (Pelle) family member IRAK-2 and MyD88 as proximal mediators of IL-1 signaling. Science. 1997;278:1612-5 pubmed..Dominant negative forms of either attenuate IL-1R-mediated NF-kappaB activation. Therefore, IRAK-2 and MyD88 may provide additional therapeutic targets for inhibiting IL-1-induced inflammation. ..
- Nishida M, Nasu K, Fukuda J, Kawano Y, Narahara H, Miyakawa I. Down-regulation of interleukin-1 receptor type 1 expression causes the dysregulated expression of CXC chemokines in endometriotic stromal cells: a possible mechanism for the altered immunological functions in endometriosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:5094-100 pubmed..The alteration of the CXC chemokines expression may be important for elucidation of the pathogenesis of endometriosis. ..
- Zhu H, Mi W, Luo H, Chen T, Liu S, Raman I, et al. Whole-genome transcription and DNA methylation analysis of peripheral blood mononuclear cells identified aberrant gene regulation pathways in systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:162 pubmed publisher..The levels of IL-15 and IL1RA correlated with their mRNA expression...
- Gehrke N, HÃ¶velmeyer N, Waisman A, Straub B, Weinmann Menke J, WÃ¶rns M, et al. Hepatocyte-specific deletion of IL1-RI attenuates liver injury by blocking IL-1 driven autoinflammation. J Hepatol. 2018;68:986-995 pubmed publisher..using a novel transgenic mouse model exhibiting deletion of all signaling-capable IL-1R isoforms in hepatocytes (Il1r1Hep-/-)...
- McAulay K, Haque T, Crawford D. Tumour necrosis factor gene polymorphism: a predictive factor for the development of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:1019-27 pubmed publisher..We suggest that genetic variation within TNF-alpha loci and the level of plasma cytokine could be used as a predictive risk factor for the development of PTLD. ..
- Didier E, Sugimoto C, Bowers L, Khan I, Kuroda M. Immune correlates of aging in outdoor-housed captive rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta). Immun Ageing. 2012;9:25 pubmed publisher..concentrations of a panel of ten circulating cytokines/chemokines, IFN?, IL1b, IL6, IL12, IL15, TNF?, MCP1, MIP1?, IL1ra, and IL4, each significantly correlated with age and also exhibited concordant pairwise correlations with every ..
- Atila D, Keskin D, Tezcaner A. Crosslinked pullulan/cellulose acetate fibrous scaffolds for bone tissue engineering. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;69:1103-15 pubmed publisher..this study, pullulan (P) and cellulose acetate (CA), two polysaccharides, were electrospun at various P/CA ratios (P80/CA20, P50/CA50, and P20/CA80%) to develop 3D fibrous network...
- Govind N, Choudhury A, Hodkinson B, Ickinger C, Frost J, Lee A, et al. Immunochip identifies novel, and replicates known, genetic risk loci for rheumatoid arthritis in black South Africans. Mol Med. 2014;20:341-9 pubmed publisher..Non-HLA single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the intergenic regions LOC389203|RBPJ, LOC100131131|IL1R1, KIAA1919|REV3L, LOC643749|TRAF3IP2, and SNPs in the intron and untranslated regions (UTR) of IRF1 and the ..
- Yamaguchi A, Sasaki T. Optimal injection method for long-range computed tomography angiography. Radiol Phys Technol. 2017;10:301-310 pubmed publisher..required to keep the CT value more than 80% of the pTEC was defined as the time period of contrast enhancement (p80). The pTEC of a single injection was 295.7 ± 5.3 HU, while that of SLIP was 296.5 ± 2...
- Zhu W, Mao Z, Zhu C, Li M, Cao C, Guan Y, et al. Adolescent exposure to cocaine increases anxiety-like behavior and induces morphologic and neurochemical changes in the hippocampus of adult rats. Neuroscience. 2016;313:174-83 pubmed publisher..postnatal days, P28-P42) showed higher anxiety-like behavior in the elevated plus maze test in adulthood (P80), but displayed normal spatial learning and memory in the Morris water maze test...
- Hablützel P, Brown M, Friberg I, Jackson J. Changing expression of vertebrate immunity genes in an anthropogenic environment: a controlled experiment. BMC Evol Biol. 2016;16:175 pubmed publisher..We found that a range of innate (lyz, defbl2, il1r-like, tbk1) and adaptive (cd8a, igmh) immunity genes were up-regulated in captivity, accompanied by an increase in ..
- Carballo C, Castro D, Borrego J, Manchado M. Gene expression profiles associated with lymphocystis disease virus (LCDV) in experimentally infected Senegalese sole (Solea senegalensis). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;66:129-139 pubmed publisher..factors irf1, irf2, irf3, irf7, irf8, irf9, irf10), cytokines (il1b, il6, il8, il12 and tnfa) and their receptors (il1r, il8r, il10r, il15ra, il17r), chemokines (CXC-type, CC-type and IL-8), prostaglandins (cox-2), g-type lysozymes, ..
- Zhang X, Shephard F, Kim H, Palmer I, McHarg S, Fowler G, et al. TILRR, a novel IL-1RI co-receptor, potentiates MyD88 recruitment to control Ras-dependent amplification of NF-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7222-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TILRR is an IL-1RI co-receptor, which associates with the signaling receptor complex to enhance recruitment of MyD88 and control Ras-dependent amplification of NF-kappaB and inflammatory responses. ..
- Vergne F, QuÃ©rÃ© G, Andrieu Key S, Descourt R, Quintin RouÃ© I, Talagas M, et al. ALK-rearranged squamous cell lung carcinoma responding to crizotinib: A missing link in the field of non-small cell lung cancer?. Lung Cancer. 2016;91:67-9 pubmed publisher..never-smoker status of the patient and resulted in strong positive fluorescent in situ hybridization test and ALK/p80 immunohistochemistry. The patient responded to crizotinib therapy during 213 days...
- Sangil A, Arranz M, GÃ¼erri FernÃ¡ndez R, PÃ©rez M, MonzÃ³n H, Payeras A, et al. Genetic susceptibility to invasive pneumococcal disease. Infect Genet Evol. 2018;59:126-131 pubmed publisher..25, pâ€¯=â€¯0.02) and IL1R1 rs3917254 (Ï‡2â€¯=â€¯6.70, pâ€¯=â€¯0.04) were also associated with IPD risk...
- Macmillan M, Radloff G, DeFor T, Weisdorf D, Davies S. Interleukin-1 genotype and outcome of unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation. Br J Haematol. 2003;121:597-604 pubmed..2, P < 0.01) and decreased TRM (RR 0.1, P < 0.01). These data suggest that donor polymorphism in IL-1alpha and IL-1beta might influence survival after unrelated donor BMT, but does not alter risk of GVHD. ..
- Liao J, Kapadia V, Brown L, Cheong N, Longoria C, Mija D, et al. The NLRP3 inflammasome is critically involved in the development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8977 pubmed publisher..Ventilated preterm baboons show activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome with increased IL1Î²:IL1ra ratio...
- Takada Y, Yu J, Fujita M, Saegusa J, Wu C, Takada Y. Direct binding to integrins and loss of disulfide linkage in interleukin-1? (IL-1?) are involved in the agonistic action of IL-1?. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:20067-20075 pubmed publisher..We describe that IL-1? specifically bound to integrins ?v?3 and ?5?1. The E128K mutation in the IL1R-binding site enhanced integrin binding. We studied whether direct integrin binding is involved in IL-1? signaling...
- Campisciano G, Zanotta N, Licastro D, De Seta F, Comar M. In vivo microbiome and associated immune markers: New insights into the pathogenesis of vaginal dysbiosis. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2307 pubmed publisher..In response to these increases, the anti-inflammatory IL1ra and pro-inflammatory IL2 increased, while the embryo trophic factors FGFÎ² and GMCSF decreased compared to the ..
- Zhong Y, Wang Y, Guo J, Chu H, Gao Y, Pang L. Blueberry Improves the Therapeutic Effect of Etanercept on Patients with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: Phase III Study. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2015;237:183-91 pubmed publisher..of pro-inflammatory cytokines, interleukin-1 (IL1) alpha and IL1 beta, and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL1RA) were measured by qRT-PCR and ELISA...
- Vieira S, Michels L, Roversi K, Metz V, Moraes B, Piegas E, et al. A surface modification of clozapine-loaded nanocapsules improves their efficacy: A study of formulation development and biological assessment. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;145:748-756 pubmed publisherThis work aimed to develop nanocapsules (NC) coated with polysorbate 80 (P80), cationic chitosan (CS) or polyethylene glycol (PEG) using clozapine (CZP) as the drug model...
- Zerkoune L, Lesieur S, Putaux J, Choisnard L, Geze A, Wouessidjewe D, et al. Mesoporous self-assembled nanoparticles of biotransesterified cyclodextrins and nonlamellar lipids as carriers of water-insoluble substances. Soft Matter. 2016;12:7539-7550 pubmed..The effect of the non-ionic dispersing agent polysorbate 80 (P80) on the liquid crystalline organization of the nanocarriers and their stability was studied in the context of ..
- Helbig K, Heatley S, Harris R, Mullighan C, Bardy P, Marmion B. Variation in immune response genes and chronic Q fever. Concepts: preliminary test with post-Q fever fatigue syndrome. Genes Immun. 2003;4:82-5 pubmed..Further studies will be undertaken to increase sample sizes, to survey other forms of chronic Q fever and to examine Q fever patients who have recovered without sequelae. ..
- Kaur G, Rapthap C, Kumar N, Kumar S, Neolia S, Mehra N. Frequency distribution of cytokine gene polymorphisms in the healthy North Indian population. Tissue Antigens. 2007;69:113-20 pubmed..1098, T/C -590, T/C -33), IL6 (G/C -174, G/A nt 565), IL10 (G/A -1082, C/T -819, C/A -592), IL1R (C/T pst11970), IL1RA (T/C mspa111100) and IL4RA (G/A +1902) were determined in 130 healthy North Indian subjects...
- Ho J, Chen W, Chen M, Larson M, McCabe E, Cheng S, et al. Common genetic variation at the IL1RL1 locus regulates IL-33/ST2 signaling. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:4208-18 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that genetic variation in IL1RL1 can result in increased levels of sST2 and alter immune and inflammatory signaling through the ST2/IL-33 pathway. ..
- Da Ros F, Carnevale R, Cifelli G, Bizzotto D, Casaburo M, Perrotta M, et al. Targeting Interleukin-1Î² Protects from Aortic Aneurysms Induced by Disrupted Transforming Growth Factor Î² Signaling. Immunity. 2017;47:959-973.e9 pubmed publisher..SMC-specific Smad4 deletion in Il1r1- or Ccr2-null mice resulted in milder aortic pathology...
- McGarry F, Neilly J, Anderson N, Sturrock R, Field M. A polymorphism within the interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) gene is associated with ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2001;40:1359-64 pubmed..3, 95% confidence interval 1.2-4.4, P=0.01). This report of an association with a polymorphic site within the IL-1 locus and AS suggests that genes other than B27 may well be involved in the pathogenesis of AS. ..
- Prins J, Zhang B, Schjenken J, Guerin L, Barry S, Robertson S. Unstable Foxp3+ regulatory T cells and altered dendritic cells are associated with lipopolysaccharide-induced fetal loss in pregnant interleukin 10-deficient mice. Biol Reprod. 2015;93:95 pubmed publisher..profile in Treg cells from pregnant Il10(-/-) mice, with elevated expression of Ctse (cathepsin E), Il1r1, Il12rb2, and Ifng...
- Reich K, Mossner R, Konig I, Westphal G, Ziegler A, Neumann C. Promoter polymorphisms of the genes encoding tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-1beta are associated with different subtypes of psoriasis characterized by early and late disease onset. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;118:155-63 pubmed..They also provide further evidence that patients with early and late onset psoriasis differ in their genetic background. ..
- Bianco A, Mammina C, Jemni M, Filippi A, Patti A, Thomas E, et al. A Fitness Index model for Italian adolescents living in Southern Italy: the ASSO project. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2016;56:1279-1288 pubmed..of fitness: very poor (X<P20), poor (P20â‰¤X<P40), medium (P40â‰¤X<P60), good (P60â‰¤X<P80) and very good (Xâ‰¥P80). Boys had higher fitness levels compared to girls...
- Schulte C, Dignass A, Goebell H, Roher H, Schulte K. Genetic factors determine extent of bone loss in inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology. 2000;119:909-20 pubmed..The combined presence of the named risk factors was significantly associated with increasing bone loss. Genetic variations in the IL-6 and IL-1ra gene identify IBD patients at risk for increased bone loss. ..
- Rafferty B, Li G, McGee D. Activation of the alpha3 integrin affects TRAF6 function in the IL-1 signaling pathway of CACO-2 epithelial cells. Immunol Invest. 2010;39:1-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the suppressive effects of alpha3 integrin activation on IL-1 signaling may be due to an effect on the function of TRAF6, preventing the transmission of the signal from the IL-1RI complex to the TAK1 complex. ..
- Sanders A, de Vrieze E, Alazami A, Alzahrani F, Malarkey E, Sorusch N, et al. KIAA0556 is a novel ciliary basal body component mutated in Joubert syndrome. Genome Biol. 2015;16:293 pubmed publisher..Finally, human KIAA0556 biochemically interacts with ciliary proteins and p60/p80 katanins...
- Radons J, Falk W, Dove S. Identification of critical regions within the TIR domain of IL-1 receptor type I. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;68:15-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the Î±C' helix (Q469-E473 in mouse IL-1RI) is probably involved in heterotypic interactions of IL-1RI with IL-1RAcP or MyD88. ..
- Sims J, Gayle M, Slack J, Alderson M, Bird T, Giri J, et al. Interleukin 1 signaling occurs exclusively via the type I receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:6155-9 pubmed..We conclude that a very small number of type I receptors is sufficient to mediate all of the actions of IL-1 which we have examined here and that the function of the type II receptor may not be to transduce signals. ..
- Boch J, Yoshida Y, Koyama Y, Wara aswapati N, Peng H, Unlu S, et al. Characterization of a cascade of protein interactions initiated at the IL-1 receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:525-31 pubmed..A model is presented that reflects the specific molecular interactions responsible for recruiting signaling intermediates to the IL-1 receptor cytoplasmic domains. ..
- Chua A, Gubler U. Sequence of the cDNA for the human fibroblast type interleukin-1 receptor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:10114 pubmed
- Schreuder H, Tardif C, Trump Kallmeyer S, Soffientini A, Sarubbi E, Akeson A, et al. A new cytokine-receptor binding mode revealed by the crystal structure of the IL-1 receptor with an antagonist. Nature. 1997;386:194-200 pubmed..ligands for the IL-1 receptor (IL1R) exist: the agonists IL-1alpha and IL-1beta and the IL-1-receptor antagonist IL1RA (ref. 2). IL-1 is the only cytokine for which a naturally occurring antagonist is known...
- Sizemore N, Leung S, Stark G. Activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in response to interleukin-1 leads to phosphorylation and activation of the NF-kappaB p65/RelA subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4798-805 pubmed..Therefore, IL-1 stimulates the PI3K-dependent phosphorylation and transactivation of NF-kappaB, a process quite distinct from the liberation of NF-kappaB from its cytoplasmic inhibitor IkappaB. ..
- Kastrati A, Koch W, Berger P, Mehilli J, Stephenson K, Neumann F, et al. Protective role against restenosis from an interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism in patients treated with coronary stenting. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;36:2168-73 pubmed..This finding supports a role of inflammation in the development of restenosis after stent placement. ..
- Mwantembe O, Gaillard M, Barkhuizen M, Pillay V, Berry S, Dewar J, et al. Ethnic differences in allelic associations of the interleukin-1 gene cluster in South African patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and in control individuals. Immunogenetics. 2001;52:249-54 pubmed..0006 and P=0.0008, respectively). The population differences in allelic frequencies of the IL-1 gene cluster and IL-1Ra concentrations suggest that genetic and environmental factors play an important role in susceptibility to IBD. ..
- Witkin S, Linhares I, Gerber S, Caetano M, Segurado A. Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene polymorphism and circulating levels of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA in Brazilian women. J Virol. 2001;75:6242-4 pubmed..04). Among 46 subjects not receiving antiretroviral treatment, HIV levels were also reduced in IL-1RN*2 homozygous individuals (P < 0.05). There was no relation between IL-1ra alleles and CD4 levels. ..
- Makela S, Hurme M, Ala Houhala I, Mustonen J, Koivisto A, Partanen J, et al. Polymorphism of the cytokine genes in hospitalized patients with Puumala hantavirus infection. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2001;16:1368-73 pubmed..These data suggest that non-carriage of the IL-1RA allele 2 and IL-1beta (-511) allele 2 may contribute to susceptibility to NE. Furthermore, TNFalpha polymorphism seems to be associated with the outcome of NE. ..
- Qin J, Qian Y, Yao J, Grace C, Li X. SIGIRR inhibits interleukin-1 receptor- and toll-like receptor 4-mediated signaling through different mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25233-41 pubmed..These results indicate that SIGIRR inhibits IL-1 and LPS signaling pathways through differential mechanisms. ..
- van Minkelen R, de Visser M, Houwing Duistermaat J, Vos H, Bertina R, Rosendaal F. Haplotypes of IL1B, IL1RN, IL1R1, and IL1R2 and the risk of venous thrombosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1486-91 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate whether common variations in IL1B, IL1RN, IL1R1, and IL1R2 influence the risk of venous thrombosis...
- Grossman I, Avidan N, Singer C, Goldstaub D, Hayardeny L, Eyal E, et al. Pharmacogenetics of glatiramer acetate therapy for multiple sclerosis reveals drug-response markers. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2007;17:657-66 pubmed..Additionally, we recorded nominally significant associations of response with five other genes, MBP, CD86, FAS, IL1R1 and IL12RB2, which are likely to be involved in glatiramer acetate's mode-of-action, both directly and indirectly...
- Hoffmann J, Junker H, Schmieder A, Venz S, Brandt R, Multhoff G, et al. EGCG downregulates IL-1RI expression and suppresses IL-1-induced tumorigenic factors in human pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;82:1153-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data might have future clinical implications with respect to the development of novel approaches as an adjuvant therapy in high-risk patients with human pancreatic carcinoma. ..
- Sorenson B, Khammanivong A, Guenther B, Ross K, Herzberg M. IL-1 receptor regulates S100A8/A9-dependent keratinocyte resistance to bacterial invasion. Mucosal Immunol. 2012;5:66-75 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest that infected epithelial cells release IL-1? to signal neighboring keratinocytes in a paracrine manner, promoting S100A8/A9-dependent resistance to invasive L. monocytogenes. ..
- Wan Y, Shrine N, Soler Artigas M, Wain L, Blakey J, Moffatt M, et al. Genome-wide association study to identify genetic determinants of severe asthma. Thorax. 2012;67:762-8 pubmed..A number of novel regions with suggestive evidence were also identified warranting further study. ..
- Vetreno R, Yaxley R, Paniagua B, Johnson G, Crews F. Adult rat cortical thickness changes across age and following adolescent intermittent ethanol treatment. Addict Biol. 2017;22:712-723 pubmed publisher..thickness on postnatal day (P)80 and P220 as well as the effect of adolescent binge ethanol exposure on adult (P80) cortical thickness...
- De Marco P, Lappano R, De Francesco E, Cirillo F, Pupo M, Avino S, et al. GPER signalling in both cancer-associated fibroblasts and breast cancer cells mediates a feedforward IL1?/IL1R1 response. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24354 pubmed publisher..like IL1?, which may drive pro-tumorigenic inflammatory phenotypes mainly acting via the cognate receptor named IL1R1. Here, we demonstrate that signalling mediated by the G protein estrogen receptor (GPER) triggers IL1? and IL1R1 ..
- Skinner C, Ivanov N, Barr S, Chen Y, Skalsky R. An Epstein-Barr Virus MicroRNA Blocks Interleukin-1 (IL-1) Signaling by Targeting IL-1 Receptor 1. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..By further analyzing changes in cellular gene expression patterns, we identified the IL-1 receptor 1 (IL1R1) as a direct target of miR-BHRF1-2-5p...
- McMahan C, Slack J, Mosley B, Cosman D, Lupton S, Brunton L, et al. A novel IL-1 receptor, cloned from B cells by mammalian expression, is expressed in many cell types. EMBO J. 1991;10:2821-32 pubmed..Like the type I receptor, the human type II IL-1 receptor can bind all three forms of IL-1 (IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta and IL-1ra). Vaccinia virus contains an open reading frame bearing strong resemblance to the type II IL-1 receptor. ..
- Dower S, Kronheim S, Hopp T, Cantrell M, Deeley M, Gillis S, et al. The cell surface receptors for interleukin-1 alpha and interleukin-1 beta are identical. Nature. 1986;324:266-8 pubmed..This result raises the issue of what separation, if any, there might be between the biological activities of IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta. ..
- Burns K, Clatworthy J, Martin L, Martinon F, Plumpton C, Maschera B, et al. Tollip, a new component of the IL-1RI pathway, links IRAK to the IL-1 receptor. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:346-51 pubmed..As overexpression of Tollip results in impaired NF-kappaB activation, we conclude that Tollip is an important constituent of the IL-1R signalling pathway. ..
- Marshall S, McLaren A, McKinney E, Bird T, Haldar N, Bunce M, et al. Donor cytokine genotype influences the development of acute rejection after renal transplantation. Transplantation. 2001;71:469-76 pubmed
- Vamvakopoulos J, Taylor C, Green C, McNeil K, Wallwork J, Goodman R, et al. Interleukin 1 and chronic rejection: possible genetic links in human heart allografts. Am J Transplant. 2002;2:76-83 pubmed..heart; 36 heart-lung; and 15 lung), polymorphisms in 8 genes that influence the inflammatory process, namely IL1B, IL1R1, IL1RN, IL6, IL10, TNFA, TGFB1 and FCGRIIA, were examined...
- Murata M, Bonassar L, Wright M, Mankin H, Towle C. A role for the interleukin-1 receptor in the pathway linking static mechanical compression to decreased proteoglycan synthesis in surface articular cartilage. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;413:229-35 pubmed..The data support a role for the IL-1 receptor in the pathway linking static compression to reduced proteoglycan synthesis. ..
- Otsuki T, Sakaguchi H, Hatta E, Hatayama T, Hatada S, Miura Y, et al. Effects of genetic and nutritional factors on bone mineral density in young adults. Int J Mol Med. 2004;14:669-76 pubmed..SNPs) for vitamin (Vit) D receptor (VDR), estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha), interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (IL1RA), and apolipoprotein E (ApoE) genes...
- Pastor I, Laso F, Romero A, Gonzalez Sarmiento R. Interleukin-1 gene cluster polymorphisms and alcoholism in Spanish men. Alcohol Alcohol. 2005;40:181-6 pubmed..We analysed the distribution of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) located in the IL1A, IL1B, IL1R1 and IL1RN genes in alcoholic and non-alcoholic Spanish subjects...
- Crider K, Whitehead N, Buus R. Genetic variation associated with preterm birth: a HuGE review. Genet Med. 2005;7:593-604 pubmed..This review highlights maternal and fetal genetic susceptibilities to PTB, the potential relationships with environmental risk factors, and the need for additional well-designed studies of this critical public health problem. ..
- Le Maitre C, Hoyland J, Freemont A. Catabolic cytokine expression in degenerate and herniated human intervertebral discs: IL-1beta and TNFalpha expression profile. Arthritis Res Ther. 2007;9:R77 pubmed..The data thus suggest that although both cytokines may be involved in the pathogenesis of IVD degeneration, IL-1 may have a more significant role than TNFalpha, and thus may be a better target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Rao J, Harry G, Rapoport S, Kim H. Increased excitotoxicity and neuroinflammatory markers in postmortem frontal cortex from bipolar disorder patients. Mol Psychiatry. 2010;15:384-92 pubmed publisher..The changes may account for reported evidence of disease progression in BD and be a target for future therapy. ..
- Vasakova M, Sterclova M, Kolesar L, Slavcev A, Skibova J, Striz I. Cytokine gene polymorphisms in sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis. 2010;27:70-5 pubmed
- Windheim M, Hansen B. Interleukin-1-induced activation of the small GTPase Rac1 depends on receptor internalization and regulates gene expression. Cell Signal. 2014;26:49-55 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we provide evidence for a key role of Rac1 in a pathway that regulates IL-1-induced gene expression depending on receptor endocytosis. ..
- Miaskowski C, Conley Y, Mastick J, Paul S, Cooper B, Levine J, et al. Cytokine Gene Polymorphisms Associated With Symptom Clusters in Oncology Patients Undergoing Radiation Therapy. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2017;54:305-316.e3 pubmed publisher..Polymorphisms in interleukin 1 receptor 1 (IL1R1), IL6, and NFKB1 were associated with severity factor scores for the treatment-related symptom cluster...
- Petkovic Curcin A, Zeljic K, Cikota Aleksic B, Dakovic D, Tatić Z, Magic Z. Association of Cytokine Gene Polymorphism with Peri-implantitis Risk. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2017;32:e241-e248 pubmed publisher..of cluster of differentiation 14 (CD14), tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFÎ±), interleukin (IL)6, IL10, and IL1ra genes are associated with the risk of peri-implantitis susceptibility in patients with dental implants in the ..
- Massip Copiz M, Clauzure M, Valdivieso A, Santa Coloma T. Epiregulin (EREG) is upregulated through an IL-1? autocrine loop in Caco-2 epithelial cells with reduced CFTR function. J Cell Biochem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..EREG mRNA and protein levels were stimulated by incubation with exogenous IL-1? and inhibited by the Interleukin 1 receptor type I (IL1R1) antagonist IL1RN, suggesting that the overexpression of EREG is a consequence of the autocrine ..
- Reddy S, Huang J, Liao W. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in interleukin 1 signaling. Physical interaction with the interleukin 1 receptor and requirement in NFkappaB and AP-1 activation. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:29167-73 pubmed..Our results thus indicate that PI 3-kinase is a novel signal transducer in IL-1 signaling and that it may differentially mediate the activation of NFkappaB and AP-1. ..
- Luotola K, Mantula P, Salmi J, Haapala A, Laippala P, Hurme M. Allele 2 of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene increases the risk of thyroid peroxidase antibodies in subacute thyroiditis. APMIS. 2001;109:454-60 pubmed..IL-1ra may have a significant anti-inflammatory role in SAT. Presence of IL-1ra allele 2 increases the risk of developing TPOab. ..
- Cvetkovic J, Wallberg Jonsson S, Stegmayr B, Rantapaa Dahlqvist S, Lefvert A. Susceptibility for and clinical manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis are associated with polymorphisms of the TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, and IL-1Ra genes. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:212-9 pubmed..Genotypes A1A2 of TNF-alpha and A2A2 of IL-1beta are associated with more severe disease. The allelic combination A1IL-1beta/A2 IL-1Ra is less often present in RA patients who developed cardiovascular complications. ..
- Jiang Z, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Qian Y, Matsumoto K, Li X. Interleukin-1 (IL-1) receptor-associated kinase-dependent IL-1-induced signaling complexes phosphorylate TAK1 and TAB2 at the plasma membrane and activate TAK1 in the cytosol. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7158-67 pubmed..Taken together, the new data reveal that IRAK plays a critical role in mediating the association and dissociation of IL-1-induced signaling complexes, functioning as an organizer and transporter in IL-1-dependent signaling. ..
- Ma P, Chen D, Pan J, Du B. [Genomic polymorphism within interleukin-1 family cytokines influences the outcome of septic patients]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2002;82:1237-41 pubmed..Allele IL-1RN2 polymorphism, but not IL-1A or IL-1B gene polymorphism, is associated with susceptibility to sepsis. Alleles A2, B2 and RN2 might be important high-risk genetic markers for sepsis. ..
- Zemunik T, Skrabic V, Boraska V, Diklic D, Terzic I, Capkun V, et al. FokI polymorphism, vitamin D receptor, and interleukin-1 receptor haplotypes are associated with type 1 diabetes in the Dalmatian population. J Mol Diagn. 2005;7:600-4 pubmed..0064). Our findings indicate that the VDR FokI polymorphism and several VDR and IL-1-R1 haplotypes are associated with susceptibility to T1DM in the Dalmatian population. ..
- Ali S, Vollaard A, Kremer D, de Visser A, Martina C, Widjaja S, et al. Polymorphisms in proinflammatory genes and susceptibility to typhoid fever and paratyphoid fever. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2007;27:271-9 pubmed..In these groups, we analyzed polymorphisms in TNFA by PCR and RFLP, polymorphisms of IFNG, IL1A, IL1B, IL1R1, TNFRSF1A, CASP1, and CRP by Sequenom MassArray (San Diego, CA), and polymorphisms in IL12B and IFNGR1 by fragment ..
- Xiaomin L, Fenglin C, Jianmin H, Yuzhi S, Binsheng G, Yingmei Z. Correlation between genetic polymorphism of cytokine genes, plasma protein levels and bronchial asthma in the Han people in northern China. J Asthma. 2008;45:583-9 pubmed publisher..The information at the protein level should be fully developed and the bioinformatics techniques can be used for the comprehensive analysis, to have a deep understanding of molecular mechanisms of incidence and development of diseases. ..
- Gallo J, Mrazek F, Petrek M. Variation in cytokine genes can contribute to severity of acetabular osteolysis and risk for revision in patients with ABG 1 total hip arthroplasty: a genetic association study. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:109 pubmed publisher..In this way, presence of the minor TNF allele could increase the cumulative risk of THA failure. Conversely, SNP in the IL2 gene may protect carriers from the above THA complications. ..
- Lee W, Kang S, Choi J, Lee S, Shah K, Eynon E, et al. Regulating human Th17 cells via differential expression of IL-1 receptor. Blood. 2010;115:530-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that human Th17 cell differentiation is regulated via differential expression of IL-1RI, which is controlled by IL-7 and IL-15. ..
- Beaulieu L, Lin E, Mick E, Koupenova M, Weinberg E, Kramer C, et al. Interleukin 1 receptor 1 and interleukin 1? regulate megakaryocyte maturation, platelet activation, and transcript profile during inflammation in mice and humans. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:552-64 pubmed publisherInterleukin 1 Receptor 1 (IL1R1) and its ligand, IL1?, are upregulated in cardiovascular disease, obesity, and infection...
- Priotti J, Leonardi D, Picó G, Lamas M. Application of Fluorescence Emission for Characterization of Albendazole and Ricobendazole Micellar Systems: Elucidation of the Molecular Mechanism of Drug Solubilization Process. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2018;19:1152-1159 pubmed publisher..Polysorbate 80 (P80), poloxamer 407 (P407), sodium cholate (Na-C), and sodium deoxycholate (Na-DC) have been selected as surfactants to ..