Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL12B
Description: interleukin 12B
Alias: CLMF, CLMF2, IL-12B, IMD28, IMD29, NKSF, NKSF2, interleukin-12 subunit beta, CLMF p40, IL-12 subunit p40, IL12, subunit p40, NK cell stimulatory factor chain 2, cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 40 kDa subunit, interleukin 12, p40, interleukin 12B (natural killer cell stimulatory factor 2, cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 2, p40), interleukin-12 beta chain, natural killer cell stimulatory factor, 40 kD subunit
- Filer C, Ho P, Smith R, Griffiths C, Young H, Worthington J, et al. Investigation of association of the IL12B and IL23R genes with psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:3705-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine whether these variants are also associated with susceptibility to psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- Tso H, Lau Y, Tam C, Wong H, Chiang A. Associations between IL12B polymorphisms and tuberculosis in the Hong Kong Chinese population. J Infect Dis. 2004;190:913-9 pubmed..To test whether IL12B genetic polymorphisms might contribute to human TB susceptibility, we examined the genotype frequencies of 5 IL12B ..
- Zafra G, Morillo C, Martin J, Gonzalez A, Gonzalez C. Polymorphism in the 3' UTR of the IL12B gene is associated with Chagas' disease cardiomyopathy. Microbes Infect. 2007;9:1049-52 pubmed..of this study was to investigate the possible influence of a 3' untranslated region (3' UTR) polymorphism of the IL12B gene in susceptibility to Trypanosoma cruzi infection or in the development to cardiomyopathy in Chagas' disease (..
- Tsunemi Y, Saeki H, Nakamura K, Sekiya T, Hirai K, Fujita H, et al. Interleukin-12 p40 gene (IL12B) 3'-untranslated region polymorphism is associated with susceptibility to atopic dermatitis and psoriasis vulgaris. J Dermatol Sci. 2002;30:161-6 pubmed..The IL-12 p40 subunit gene (IL12B) is located at chromosome 5q31-33 and linkage findings of AD on 5q31 were reported...
- Stanilova S, Miteva L. Taq-I polymorphism in 3'UTR of the IL-12B and association with IL-12p40 production from human PBMC. Genes Immun. 2005;6:364-6 pubmed
- Oppmann B, Lesley R, Blom B, Timans J, Xu Y, Hunte B, et al. Novel p19 protein engages IL-12p40 to form a cytokine, IL-23, with biological activities similar as well as distinct from IL-12. Immunity. 2000;13:715-25 pubmed..Similar to IL-12, human IL-23 stimulates IFN-gamma production and proliferation in PHA blast T cells, as well as in CD45RO (memory) T cells. ..
- Huffmeier U, Lascorz J, Böhm B, Lohmann J, Wendler J, Mossner R, et al. Genetic variants of the IL-23R pathway: association with psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis vulgaris, but no specific risk factor for arthritis. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:355-8 pubmed publisher..Four variants of the IL12B and IL23R genes were analyzed in 1,114 PV patients, 748 patients with psoriatic arthritis (PA) and 937 healthy ..
- Ling P, Gately M, Gubler U, Stern A, Lin P, Hollfelder K, et al. Human IL-12 p40 homodimer binds to the IL-12 receptor but does not mediate biologic activity. J Immunol. 1995;154:116-27 pubmed..When p40 is associated with a p35 subunit, the heterodimer acts as an agonist mediating biologic activity. However, when p40 associates with another p40, the homodimer behaves as an antagonist in vitro. ..
- Freidin M, Rudko A, Kolokolova O, Strelis A, Puzyrev V. Association between the 1188 A/C polymorphism in the human IL12B gene and Th1-mediated infectious diseases. Int J Immunogenet. 2006;33:231-2 pubmed
- Festen E, Stokkers P, van Diemen C, van Bodegraven A, Boezen H, Crusius B, et al. Genetic analysis in a Dutch study sample identifies more ulcerative colitis susceptibility loci and shows their additive role in disease risk. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:395-402 pubmed publisher..Genetic models show that multiple risk loci in an individual increase the risk for developing UC. ..
- D ANDREA A, Ma X, Aste Amezaga M, Paganin C, Trinchieri G. Stimulatory and inhibitory effects of interleukin (IL)-4 and IL-13 on the production of cytokines by human peripheral blood mononuclear cells: priming for IL-12 and tumor necrosis factor alpha production. J Exp Med. 1995;181:537-46 pubmed..These results suggest an unexpected complexity in the regulatory role of IL-4 and IL-13 in immune responses. ..
- Phawong C, Ouma C, Tangteerawatana P, Thongshoob J, Were T, Mahakunkijcharoen Y, et al. Haplotypes of IL12B promoter polymorphisms condition susceptibility to severe malaria and functional changes in cytokine levels in Thai adults. Immunogenetics. 2010;62:345-56 pubmed publisherPolymorphic variability in immune response genes, such as IL12B, encoding the IL-12p40 subunit is associated with susceptibility to severe malaria in African populations...
- Parham C, Chirica M, Timans J, Vaisberg E, Travis M, Cheung J, et al. A receptor for the heterodimeric cytokine IL-23 is composed of IL-12Rbeta1 and a novel cytokine receptor subunit, IL-23R. J Immunol. 2002;168:5699-708 pubmed..The ability of cells to respond to IL-23 or IL-12 correlates with expression of IL-23R or IL-12Rbeta2, respectively. The human IL-23R gene is on human chromosome 1 within 150 kb of IL-12Rbeta2. ..
- Gillessen S, Carvajal D, Ling P, Podlaski F, Stremlo D, Familletti P, et al. Mouse interleukin-12 (IL-12) p40 homodimer: a potent IL-12 antagonist. Eur J Immunol. 1995;25:200-6 pubmed..Further studies are required to determine whether or not (p40)2 is produced by normal lymphoid cells and is a physiologic regulator of IL-12 activity. ..
- Wolf S, Temple P, Kobayashi M, Young D, Dicig M, Lowe L, et al. Cloning of cDNA for natural killer cell stimulatory factor, a heterodimeric cytokine with multiple biologic effects on T and natural killer cells. J Immunol. 1991;146:3074-81 pubmed..This factor, termed natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), possessed pleiotropic activities including the induction of IFN-gamma from PBL, enhancement of cytotoxicity by NK ..
- Marquez A, Mendoza J, Taxonera C, Diaz Rubio M, De la Concha E, Urcelay E, et al. IL23R and IL12B polymorphisms in Spanish IBD patients: no evidence of interaction. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:1192-6 pubmed publisherRecent genomic surveys have identified IL23R and IL12B as susceptibility loci for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- Marquet S, Doumbo O, Cabantous S, Poudiougou B, Argiro L, Safeukui I, et al. A functional promoter variant in IL12B predisposes to cerebral malaria. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2190-5 pubmed publisher..We investigated 21 markers in IL12-related genes, including IL12A and IL12B encoding the two IL-12 (IL12p70) subunits, IL12p35 and IL12p40...
- Barbier M, Atkinson A, Fumoux F, Rihet P. IL12B polymorphisms are linked but not associated with Plasmodium falciparum parasitemia: a familial study in Burkina Faso. Genes Immun. 2008;9:405-11 pubmed publisher..This chromosomal region contains numerous immunoregulatory genes. Among these, IL12B that encodes the p40 subunit of interleukin-12 (IL-12) appeared to be a promising functional candidate gene, and ..
- Smith R, Warren R, Eyre S, Ho P, Ke X, Young H, et al. Polymorphisms in the IL-12beta and IL-23R genes are associated with psoriasis of early onset in a UK cohort. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1325-7 pubmed
- Gubler U, Chua A, Schoenhaut D, Dwyer C, McComas W, Motyka R, et al. Coexpression of two distinct genes is required to generate secreted bioactive cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:4143-7 pubmedCytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF) is a disulfide-bonded heterodimeric lymphokine that (i) acts as a growth factor for activated T cells independent of interleukin 2 and (ii) synergizes with suboptimal concentrations of ..
- Prabhu Anand S, Selvaraj P, Jawahar M, Adhilakshmi A, Narayanan P. Interleukin-12B & interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms in pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res. 2007;126:135-8 pubmed..Our findings suggested that IL -10 (-1082 G/A) and IL -12B 3'UTR (Taq I) (A/C) gene polymorphisms were not associated either with susceptibility or resistance to pulmonary tuberculosis in the south Indian population. ..
- Hall M, McGlinn E, Coakley G, Fisher S, Boki K, Middleton D, et al. Genetic polymorphism of IL-12 p40 gene in immune-mediated disease. Genes Immun. 2000;1:219-24 pubmed..02 95% CI 0.95-4.3). This new genetic marker could be useful in anthropological studies and should be investigated in other autoimmune, allergic, inflammatory and infectious diseases. ..
- Kaarvatn M, Vrbanec J, Kulić A, Knezevic J, Petricevic B, Balen S, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism in the interleukin 12B gene is associated with risk for breast cancer development. Scand J Immunol. 2012;76:329-35 pubmed publisherWe analysed the association of a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the gene encoding the IL-12 subunit p40 (IL12B, rs3212227, A>C) with breast cancer...
- Wong R, Wei J, Huang C, Lee H, Chiou S, Lin S, et al. Association of IL-12B genetic polymorphism with the susceptibility and disease severity of ankylosing spondylitis. J Rheumatol. 2012;39:135-40 pubmed publisher..3 vs 3.7). The IL-12B A1188C genotype was associated with the development and disease severity of AS. ..
- Ma X, Reich R, Gonzalez O, Pan X, Fothergill A, Starke J, et al. No evidence for association between the polymorphism in the 3' untranslated region of interleukin-12B and human susceptibility to tuberculosis. J Infect Dis. 2003;188:1116-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that IL-12B 3' UTR has no effect or has a negligible effect on human susceptibility to TB. ..
- Akahoshi M, Ishihara M, Remus N, Uno K, Miyake K, Hirota T, et al. Association between IFNA genotype and the risk of sarcoidosis. Hum Genet. 2004;114:503-9 pubmed..polymorphisms within 10 candidate genes involved in type 1 immune process ( IFNA17, IFNB, IFNG, IFNGR1, IFNGR2, IL12B, IL12RB1, IL12RB2, ETA-1, and NRAMP1) in an association-based study of 102 Japanese patients with sarcoidosis, 114 ..
- Ong echa J, Remo A, Kristoff J, Hittner J, Were T, Ouma C, et al. Increased circulating interleukin (IL)-23 in children with malarial anemia: in vivo and in vitro relationship with co-regulatory cytokines IL-12 and IL-10. Clin Immunol. 2008;126:211-21 pubmed..Taken together, results here show that IL-23 is elevated in children with malarial anemia, and that IL-10 and IL-12 appear to have important regulatory effects on IL-23 production during childhood malaria. ..
- Tao Y, Wang W, Li S, Zhang J, Shi Q, Zhao F, et al. Associations between polymorphisms in IL-12A, IL-12B, IL-12R?1, IL-27 gene and serum levels of IL-12p40, IL-27p28 with esophageal cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:1891-900 pubmed publisher..IL-12B gene rs3212227 CC/AC and IL-12R?1 gene 378 GG/GC genotypes, which associated with decreased IL-12p40 level, may contribute to esophageal cancer susceptibility. ..
- Chen X, Han S, Wang S, Zhou X, Zhang M, Dong J, et al. Interactions of IL-12A and IL-12B polymorphisms on the risk of cervical cancer in Chinese women. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:400-5 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that potentially functional polymorphisms in IL12A and IL12B may individually and jointly contribute to cervical cancer risk...
- Wang K, Zhang H, Kugathasan S, Annese V, Bradfield J, Russell R, et al. Diverse genome-wide association studies associate the IL12/IL23 pathway with Crohn Disease. Am J Hum Genet. 2009;84:399-405 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the pathway contains multiple genes (IL12B and JAK2) or homologs of genes (STAT3 and CCR6) that were recently identified as genuine susceptibility genes only ..
- Zwiers A, Fuss I, Seegers D, Konijn T, Garcia Vallejo J, Samsom J, et al. A polymorphism in the coding region of Il12b promotes IL-12p70 and IL-23 heterodimer formation. J Immunol. 2011;186:3572-80 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated how polymorphisms in the coding region of murine Il12b influence IL-12 and IL-23 heterodimer formation...
- Naslednikova I, Urazova O, Voronkova O, Strelis A, Novitsky V, Nikulina E, et al. Allelic polymorphism of cytokine genes during pulmonary tuberculosis. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009;148:175-80 pubmed..T allele and TT genotype of C-590T polymorphism in the IL4 gene, and CC genotype of A-1188C polymorphism in the IL12B gene are immunogenetic factors that have protective activity against susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis...
- Johnston A, Xing X, Swindell W, Kochkodan J, Riblett M, Nair R, et al. Susceptibility-associated genetic variation at IL12B enhances Th1 polarization in psoriasis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:1807-15 pubmed publisherThe IL12B gene encodes the common p40 subunit of IL-12 and IL-23, cytokines with key roles in Th1 and Th17 biology, respectively, and genetic variation in this region significantly influences risk of psoriasis...
- Begovich A, Chang M, Caillier S, Lew D, Catanese J, Wang J, et al. The autoimmune disease-associated IL12B and IL23R polymorphisms in multiple sclerosis. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:934-7 pubmed..in psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, and ankylosing spondylitis identified significant associations with IL12B and IL23R polymorphisms...
- Parkes M, Barrett J, Prescott N, Tremelling M, Anderson C, Fisher S, et al. Sequence variants in the autophagy gene IRGM and multiple other replicating loci contribute to Crohn's disease susceptibility. Nat Genet. 2007;39:830-2 pubmed..We obtained replication for the autophagy-inducing IRGM gene on chromosome 5q33.1 (replication P = 6.6 x 10(-4), combined P = 2.1 x 10(-10)) and for nine other loci, including NKX2-3, PTPN2 and gene deserts on chromosomes 1q and 5p13. ..
- Davoodi Semiromi A, Yang J, She J. IL-12p40 is associated with type 1 diabetes in Caucasian-American families. Diabetes. 2002;51:2334-6 pubmed..These results provide genetic and functional evidence for IL-12p40 as a type 1 diabetes susceptibility gene. ..
- Pirhonen J, Matikainen S, Julkunen I. Regulation of virus-induced IL-12 and IL-23 expression in human macrophages. J Immunol. 2002;169:5673-8 pubmed..IFN-gamma, in contrast, up-regulates the p19 and p40 mRNA expression in Sendai virus infection. Thus, IL-4 and IFN-gamma serve as opposing factors in the regulation of IFN-gamma-inducing cytokines, including IL-23, in macrophages. ..
- Randolph A, Lange C, Silverman E, Lazarus R, Silverman E, Raby B, et al. The IL12B gene is associated with asthma. Am J Hum Genet. 2004;75:709-15 pubmedThe IL12B gene on chromosome 5q31-33 encodes the p40 subunit of interleukin 12, an immunomodulatory cytokine...
- Wang J, Nong L, Wei Y, Qin S, Zhou Y, Tang Y. Association of interleukin-12 polymorphisms and serum IL-12p40 levels with osteosarcoma risk. DNA Cell Biol. 2013;32:605-10 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the serum IL-12p40 levels associate with the risk of osteosarcoma and are regulated by IL-12B rs3212227 polymorphism. The IL-12A rs568408 and IL-12B rs3212227 may confer the susceptibility to osteosarcoma risk. ..
- Nair R, Ruether A, Stuart P, Jenisch S, Tejasvi T, Hiremagalore R, et al. Polymorphisms of the IL12B and IL23R genes are associated with psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1653-61 pubmed publisher..A recent study reported that psoriasis was associated with the IL12B haplotype rs3212227 (3'-untranslated region)-rs6887695 (60 kb, 5') and the IL23R haplotype rs7530511 (L310P)-..
- Ma X, Chow J, Gri G, Carra G, Gerosa F, Wolf S, et al. The interleukin 12 p40 gene promoter is primed by interferon gamma in monocytic cells. J Exp Med. 1996;183:147-57 pubmed..Two other elements, IRF-1 located at -730 to -719, and NF-IL6 at -520 to -512, were also studied by deletion analysis, which did not result in decreased response to IFN-gamma and LPS stimulation. ..
- Altare F, Durandy A, Lammas D, Emile J, Lamhamedi S, Le Deist F, et al. Impairment of mycobacterial immunity in human interleukin-12 receptor deficiency. Science. 1998;280:1432-5 pubmed..Thus, IL-12-dependent IFN-gamma secretion in humans seems essential in the control of mycobacterial infections, despite the formation of mature granulomas due to IL-12-independent IFN-gamma secretion. ..
- Grzegorzewska A, Wobszal P, Mostowska A, Jagodziński P. Antibodies to hepatitis B virus surface antigen and interleukin 12 and interleukin 18 gene polymorphisms in hemodialysis patients. BMC Nephrol. 2012;13:75 pubmed publisher..We studied whether polymorphisms in the IL12A 3` untranslated region (UTR) and IL12B 3`UTR may contribute to anti-HBs development (titre ? 10 IU/L) in HD patients either individually or jointly with ..
- Fanales Belasio E, Moretti S, Nappi F, Barillari G, Micheletti F, Cafaro A, et al. Native HIV-1 Tat protein targets monocyte-derived dendritic cells and enhances their maturation, function, and antigen-specific T cell responses. J Immunol. 2002;168:197-206 pubmed..Thus, Tat can act as both Ag and adjuvant, capable of driving T cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- Morahan G, Huang D, Wu M, Holt B, White G, Kendall G, et al. Association of IL12B promoter polymorphism with severity of atopic and non-atopic asthma in children. Lancet. 2002;360:455-9 pubmed..Our aim was to assess relation between an IL12B promoter polymorphism and asthma...
- Ong echa J, Raballah E, Kempaiah P, Anyona S, Were T, Davenport G, et al. Polymorphic variability in the 3' untranslated region (UTR) of IL12B is associated with susceptibility to severe anaemia in Kenyan children with acute Plasmodium falciparum malaria. BMC Genet. 2011;12:69 pubmed publisher..Since the role of IL12B variants in conditioning susceptibility to SMA remains largely unexplored, the association between a single ..
- Liu L, Xu Y, Liu Z, Chen J, Zhang Y, Zhu J, et al. IL12 polymorphisms, HBV infection and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in a high-risk Chinese population. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:1692-6 pubmed publisherTo investigate the association between the potentially functional polymorphisms in IL12A and IL12B, HBV infection and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in a Chinese population, we genotyped three polymorphisms, rs568408 (3'UTR G>A), ..
- Namkung J, Lee J, Kim E, Kim S, Kim S, Shin E, et al. Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the IL-12 (IL-12A and B) and IL-12 receptor (IL-12Rbeta1 and beta2) genes and gene-gene interactions with atopic dermatitis in Koreans. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;57:199-206 pubmed publisher..This data may contribute to our understanding of AD genetic interactions and account for the additional risk of certain patients to develop AD. ..
- Nair R, Duffin K, Helms C, Ding J, Stuart P, Goldgar D, et al. Genome-wide scan reveals association of psoriasis with IL-23 and NF-kappaB pathways. Nat Genet. 2009;41:199-204 pubmed publisher..Loci with confirmed association include HLA-C, three genes involved in IL-23 signaling (IL23A, IL23R, IL12B), two genes that act downstream of TNF-alpha and regulate NF-kappaB signaling (TNIP1, TNFAIP3) and two genes ..
- Zhang L, Prather D, Vanden Eng J, Crawford S, Kariuki S, ter Kuile F, et al. Polymorphisms in genes of interleukin 12 and its receptors and their association with protection against severe malarial anaemia in children in western Kenya. Malar J. 2010;9:87 pubmed publisher..Fifty-five tagging single nucleotide polymorphisms covering genes encoding two IL12 subunits, IL12A and IL12B, and its receptors, IL12RB1 and IL12RB2, were examined in a cohort of 913 children residing in Asembo Bay region ..
- Seegers D, Zwiers A, Strober W, Pena A, Bouma G. A TaqI polymorphism in the 3'UTR of the IL-12 p40 gene correlates with increased IL-12 secretion. Genes Immun. 2002;3:419-23 pubmed..While this polymorphism does not appear to be correlated with susceptibility to CD in the limited population of patients tested here, it could influence the occurrence of the disease in certain subsets of patients. ..
- Windsor L, Morahan G, Huang D, McCann V, Jones T, James I, et al. Alleles of the IL12B 3'UTR associate with late onset of type 1 diabetes. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:1432-6 pubmedCarriage of a polymorphism in the 3'untranslated region of the IL12B gene encoding IL-12p40 was investigated in subjects with type 1 diabetes mellitus stratified by age at diagnosis (n = 648) and compared with a population-based control ..
- Möller M, Nebel A, van Helden P, Schreiber S, Hoal E. Analysis of eight genes modulating interferon gamma and human genetic susceptibility to tuberculosis: a case-control association study. BMC Infect Dis. 2010;10:154 pubmed publisher..Initial studies may be false positives or may propose a stronger genetic effect than subsequently found to be the case. ..
- Wu J, Wu T, Chen C, Ni Y, Chen H, Hsu H, et al. Serum levels of interleukin-10 and interleukin-12 predict early, spontaneous hepatitis B virus e antigen seroconversion. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:165-72.e1-3 pubmed publisher..Both genotypes are associated with early, spontaneous HBeAg seroconversion. Higher serum levels of IL-10 and IL-12 in HBeAg-positive patients are correlated with early, spontaneous HBeAg seroconversion. ..
- Morris G, Edwards D, Hill P, Wejse C, Bisseye C, Olesen R, et al. Interleukin 12B (IL12B) genetic variation and pulmonary tuberculosis: a study of cohorts from The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, United States and Argentina. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16656 pubmed publisherWe examined whether polymorphisms in interleukin-12B (IL12B) associate with susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) in two West African populations (from The Gambia and Guinea-Bissau) and in two independent populations from North ..
- Cargill M, Schrodi S, Chang M, Garcia V, Brandon R, Callis K, et al. A large-scale genetic association study confirms IL12B and leads to the identification of IL23R as psoriasis-risk genes. Am J Hum Genet. 2007;80:273-90 pubmed..with 25,215 genecentric single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and found a highly significant association with an IL12B 3'-untranslated-region SNP (rs3212227), confirming the results of a small Japanese study...
- Sahiratmadja E, Baak Pablo R, de Visser A, Alisjahbana B, Adnan I, van Crevel R, et al. Association of polymorphisms in IL-12/IFN-gamma pathway genes with susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis in Indonesia. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2007;87:303-11 pubmed..We analyzed the distribution of polymorphisms in four essential genes from the IL-12/IFN-gamma axis, IL12B, IL12RB1, IFNG and IFNGR1, in 382 pulmonary tuberculosis patients and 437 healthy controls from an endemic region ..
- Capon F, Di Meglio P, Szaub J, Prescott N, Dunster C, Baumber L, et al. Sequence variants in the genes for the interleukin-23 receptor (IL23R) and its ligand (IL12B) confer protection against psoriasis. Hum Genet. 2007;122:201-6 pubmed..00014. Next, we examined genetic variation at the IL12RB1, IL23A and IL12B genes, respectively, encoding the second subunit of the IL23R receptor and the two subunits of its ligand...
- Alvarado Navarro A, Montoya Buelna M, Muñoz Valle J, Lopez Roa R, Guillén Vargas C, Fafutis Morris M. The 3'UTR 1188 A/C polymorphism in the interleukin-12p40 gene (IL-12B) is associated with lepromatous leprosy in the west of Mexico. Immunol Lett. 2008;118:148-51 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IL-12 p40 3'UTR 1188 A/C polymorphism is associated with greater susceptibility to lepromatous leprosy in patients from western Mexico, independently of IL-12 p40 and p70 expression levels...
- Chang M, Li Y, Yan C, Callis Duffin K, Matsunami N, Garcia V, et al. Variants in the 5q31 cytokine gene cluster are associated with psoriasis. Genes Immun. 2008;9:176-81 pubmed..74; P(comb)=7.05E-04). In combination with the other known genetic risk factors, HLA-C, IL12B and IL23R, the variants reported here generate an 11-fold psoriasis-risk differential...