Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-8
Description: interleukin 8
Alias: CXCL8, GCP-1, GCP1, LECT, LUCT, LYNAP, MDNCF, MONAP, NAF, NAP-1, NAP1, T-cell chemotactic factor, alveolar macrophage chemotactic factor I, beta endothelial cell-derived neutrophil activating peptide, beta-thromboglobulin-like protein, chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 8, emoctakin, granulocyte chemotactic protein 1, interleukin-8, lung giant cell carcinoma-derived chemotactic protein, lymphocyte derived neutrophil activating peptide, monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor, monocyte-derived neutrophil-activating peptide, neutrophil-activating peptide 1, small inducible cytokine subfamily B, member 8, tumor necrosis factor-induced gene 1
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Expression of the pro-angiogenic factors vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-8/CXCL8 by human breast carcinomas is responsive to nutrient deprivation and endoplasmic reticulum stressPhilip L Marjon
University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Mol Cancer 3:4. 2004The expression of pro-angiogenic cytokines, such as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and interleukin-8/CXCL8 (IL-8), plays an important role in tumor growth and metastasis...
- Interleukin-8 mediates resistance to antiangiogenic agent sunitinib in renal cell carcinomaDan Huang
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Laboratory of Computational Biology, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
Cancer Res 70:1063-71. 2010..Our results reveal IL-8 as an important contributor to sunitinib resistance in ccRCC and a candidate therapeutic target to reverse acquired or intrinsic resistance to sunitinib in this malignancy...
- Cytokines in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and serum of lung cancer patients during radiotherapy - Association of interleukin-8 and VEGF with survivalMarika Crohns
Department of Oncology, University of Tampere, Tampereen yliopisto, Finland
Cytokine 50:30-6. 2010..The increase of BAL fluid IL-6 during RT might be attributed to enhanced RT-related oxidative stress or increased cell death. Serum and BAL fluid IL-8 and serum VEGF might have a prognostic role in survival of lung cancer...
- Modulation of cystic fibrosis lung disease by variants in interleukin-8A D Hillian
Department of Genetics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 4948, USA
Genes Immun 9:501-8. 2008..01< or =R2< or =0.49). Studies revealed differential expression between the IL8 promoter variant alleles (P<0.001). These results suggest that IL8 variants modify CF lung disease severity and have functional consequences...
- Functional promoter region polymorphism of the proinflammatory chemokine IL-8 gene associates with Parkinson's disease in the IrishOwen A Ross
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Belfast, Ireland
Hum Immunol 65:340-6. 2004....
- Receptors involved in the oxidized 1-palmitoyl-2-arachidonoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphorylcholine-mediated synthesis of interleukin-8. A role for Toll-like receptor 4 and a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteinKimberly A Walton
Department of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 278:29661-6. 2003..Therefore, these studies suggest that ox-PAPC may initially bind to a 37-kDa GPI-anchored protein, which interacts with TLR4 to induce IL-8 transcription...
- IL-8 expression by biliary epithelial cells is associated with neutrophilic infiltration and reactive bile ductulesKumiko Isse
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Liver Int 27:672-80. 2007..Recently, biliary epithelial cells have been shown to secrete cytokines and chemokines and to express components of the mucosal immune system such as Toll-like receptors...
- Interleukin-8 as a macrophage-derived mediator of angiogenesisA E Koch
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611
Science 258:1798-801. 1992..These data suggest a function for macrophage-derived IL-8 in angiogenesis-dependent disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, tumor growth, and wound repair...
- Helicobacter pylori induces interleukin-8 secretion by Toll-like receptor 2- and Toll-like receptor 5-dependent and -independent pathwaysAnastasia M Torok
University of Virginia Health System, P O Box 800734, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0734, USA
Infect Immun 73:1523-31. 2005..pylori induces IL-8 secretion through a dual mechanism that includes a TLR2/5-independent component involving the activities of JNK and ERK and a TLR2/5-dependent component that requires p38 activity...
- Prognostic value of serum level of interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 in metastatic breast cancer patientsOlal I Ahmed
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Egypt J Immunol 13:61-8. 2006..Thus, it could be concluded that serum level of IL-6 and IL-8 are useful prognostic factors in metastatic breast cancer patients...
- Induction of TLR-2 and TLR-5 expression by Helicobacter pylori switches cagPAI-dependent signalling leading to the secretion of IL-8 and TNF-αSuneesh Kumar Pachathundikandi
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e19614. 2011..pylori-induced expression of TLR-2 and TLR-5 can qualitatively shift cagPAI-dependent to cagPAI-independent pro-inflammatory signalling pathways with possible impact on the outcome of H. pylori-associated diseases...
- Interleukin-8 is activated in patients with chronic liver diseases and associated with hepatic macrophage accumulation in human liver fibrosisHenning W Zimmermann
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e21381. 2011Interleukin-8 (IL-8, CXCL8) is a potent chemoattractant for neutrophils and contributes to acute liver inflammation...
- IL-8 and its CXCR1 and CXCR2 receptors participate in the control of megakaryocytic proliferation, differentiation, and ploidy in myeloid metaplasia with myelofibrosisSharareh Emadi
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 602, André Lwoff Institute, Paul Brousse Hospital, Villejuif, France
Blood 105:464-73. 2005..The various biologic activities of interleukin 8 (IL-8) in hematopoietic progenitor proliferation and mobilization as well as in neoangiogenesis prompted us to ..
- The tumor suppressor semaphorin 3B triggers a prometastatic program mediated by interleukin 8 and the tumor microenvironmentCharlotte Rolny
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, University of Turin, School of Medicine, 10060 Candiolo, Italy
J Exp Med 205:1155-71. 2008..In conclusion, we report that SEMA3B exerts unexpected functions in cancer progression by fostering a prometastatic environment through elevated IL-8 secretion and recruitment of macrophages coupled to the suppression of tumor growth...
- Epstein-Barr virus lytic transactivator Zta enhances chemotactic activity through induction of interleukin-8 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsMeichi Hsu
Division of Clinical Research, National Health Research Institutes, Tainan, Taiwan
J Virol 82:3679-88. 2008..Since IL-8 may contribute to not only leukocyte infiltration but also multiple oncogenic processes, the present study provides a potential link between EBV lytic infection and pathogenesis of NPC...
- IL-1beta and IL-8, matrix metalloproteinase 3, and pepsinogen secretion before and after H. pylori eradication in gastroduodenal phenotypesYoung Woon Chang
Department of Gastroenterology, Kyung Hee University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:1184-93. 2008..pylori according to IL-1B genotypes and benign gastroduodenal phenotypes in a Korean population...
- Aspergillus fumigatus-induced interleukin-8 synthesis by respiratory epithelial cells is controlled by the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, p38 MAPK, and ERK1/2 pathways and not by the toll-like receptor-MyD88 pathwayViviane Balloy
Unité de Défense Innée et Inflammation, Institut Pasteur, Paris 75015, France
J Biol Chem 283:30513-21. 2008..fumigatus, one that is MyD88-dependent and another that is My88-independent and involved in IL-8 synthesis...
- The 3'-untranslated region of human interleukin-8 mRNA suppresses IL-8 gene expressionY Yu
Institute of Parasitology of McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada
Immunology 102:498-505. 2001..This study gives new insights in unravelling the molecular mechanisms involved in the post-transcriptional regulation of the IL-8 gene...
- The house dust mite allergen Der p 1, unlike Der p 3, stimulates the expression of interleukin-8 in human airway epithelial cells via a proteinase-activated receptor-2-independent mechanismEmmanuelle Adam
Department of Applied Genetics, Institut de Biologie et de Médecine Moléculaires, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, B 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
J Biol Chem 281:6910-23. 2006..We conclude that Der p 1 (but not Der p 3)-induced IL-8 production in A549 epithelial cells is independent of PAR(2) activation...
- Polymorphisms in the interleukin-8 gene in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseUmut Arinir
Deparment of Internal Medicine III, Pneumology, Allergology and Sleep Medicine, University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Bochum, Germany
Electrophoresis 26:2888-91. 2005..Although IL-8 plays an important role in the chemotaxis of inflammatory cells, the polymorphisms investigated here do not seem to be involved in the genetic predisposition to COPD...
- Stress effects on FosB- and interleukin-8 (IL8)-driven ovarian cancer growth and metastasisMian M K Shahzad
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, RNA, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:35462-70. 2010..001). Our findings indicate that neurobehavioral stress leads to FosB-driven increases in IL8, which is associated with increased tumor growth and metastases. These findings may have implications for ovarian cancer management...
- Phospholipase C-β3 is a key modulator of IL-8 expression in cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelial cellsValentino Bezzerri
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, University Hospital of Verona, 37126 Verona, Italy
J Immunol 186:4946-58. 2011....
- IL-8 directly enhanced endothelial cell survival, proliferation, and matrix metalloproteinases production and regulated angiogenesisAihua Li
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 987660 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
J Immunol 170:3369-76. 2003..Our data suggest that IL-8 directly enhanced endothelial cell proliferation, survival, and MMP expression in CXCR1- and CXCR2-expressing endothelial cells and regulated angiogenesis...
- Association study suggests opposite effects of polymorphisms within IL8 on bronchial asthma and respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitisAndrea Heinzmann
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:671-6. 2004..Furthermore, epidemiologic studies have demonstrated an increased risk for the development of asthma after RSV bronchiolitis, and a common genetic background for the 2 diseases is currently being discussed...
- Oxidized phospholipids increase interleukin 8 (IL-8) synthesis by activation of the c-src/signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT)3 pathwayMichael Yeh
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 279:30175-81. 2004..induce endothelial cells to synthesize chemotactic factors, such as interleukin 8 (IL-8)...
- The CXC chemokines growth-regulated oncogene (GRO) alpha, GRObeta, GROgamma, neutrophil-activating peptide-2, and epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating peptide-78 are potent agonists for the type B, but not the type A, human interleukin-8 receptorS K Ahuja
Laboratory of Host Defenses, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:20545-50. 1996..These findings have important implications for developing novel neutrophil-specific anti-inflammatory drugs directed against the CXC chemokine signaling system...
- Ras-induced interleukin-8 expression plays a critical role in tumor growth and angiogenesisAnke Sparmann
Graduate Program in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
Cancer Cell 6:447-58. 2004..Collectively, our data identify a novel mechanism by which the Ras oncogene can elicit a stromal response that fosters cancer progression...
- [The concentration and expression of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-8 in human nasal polyps tissues]Jianxin Yue
Department of Otolaryngology, Union Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430022, China
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 20:484-6. 2006..To study the concentration and expression of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-8 in human nasal polyps tissues, and to explore the relationship between cytokines and the formative mechanism of nasal polyps...
- A20 is an early responding negative regulator of Toll-like receptor 5 signalling in intestinal epithelial cells during inflammationN Oshima
Department of Internal Medicine II, Shimane University School of Medicine, Izumo, Shimane, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 159:185-98. 2010..Our results provide new insights into the negative feedback regulation of TLR-5 signalling that maintains the innate immune system in the gut...
- Polymorphisms in inflammation-related genes and risk of gastric cancer (Finland)Farin Kamangar
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, US National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7232, USA
Cancer Causes Control 17:117-25. 2006..Our results do not support the hypothesis that polymorphisms in genes involved in the inflammatory response confer differences in gastric cancer risk among different individuals...
- Angiogenic effects of interleukin 8 (CXCL8) in human intestinal microvascular endothelial cells are mediated by CXCR2Jan Heidemann
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 278:8508-15. 2003..The chemokine interleukin 8 (IL-8; CXCL8) exerts potent angiogenic properties on endothelial cells through interaction with its cognate ..
- Inhibition of long-term potentiation by interleukin-8: implications for human immunodeficiency virus-1-associated dementiaHuangui Xiong
The Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5215, USA
J Neurosci Res 71:600-7. 2003..The induction of IL-8 in HAD, its inhibition of LTP, and the expression of its receptor, CXCR2, in the hippocampus all suggest that it plays a role in the cognitive dysfunction associated with HAD...
- Purification of a human monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor that has peptide sequence similarity to other host defense cytokinesT Yoshimura
Laboratory of Immunobiology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21701
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:9233-7. 1987..Potency and efficacy are comparable to that of fMet-Leu-Phe, which is often used as a reference. In contrast to many attractants, the protein was not chemotactic for human monocytes...
- The role of interleukin-8 in cancer cells and microenvironment interactionAng Yuan
Department of Clinical Research and Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University College of Medicine and National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan 100, ROC
Front Biosci 10:853-65. 2005....
- Association of a common polymorphism in the cyclooxygenase 2 gene with risk of non-small cell lung cancerDaniele Campa
Genome Analysis Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, F 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Carcinogenesis 25:229-35. 2004..This is the first study implicating polymorphisms in inflammatory genes in the risk of lung cancer...
- Increased serum interleukin-8 in patients with early and metastatic breast cancer correlates with early dissemination and survivalIna H Benoy
Translational Cancer Research Group Antwerp, University of Antwerp, General Hospital Sint Augustinus, Wilrijk, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 10:7157-62. 2004..The predictive value of serum IL-8 for the presence of occult metastatic tumor cells in bone marrow aspirates was evaluated in patients with operable and metastatic breast cancer...
- Cigarette smoke induces IL-8, but inhibits eotaxin and RANTES release from airway smooth muscleUte Oltmanns
Experimental Studies National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London SW36LY, UK
Respir Res 6:74. 2005..Human airway smooth muscle cells (HASMC) are a source of proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines. We investigated whether cigarette smoke could directly induce the release of chemokines from HASMC...
- Elevated serum levels of interleukin-8 in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients: relationship with prognosisMichele Orditura
Division of Medical Oncology, F Magrassi Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:1129-35. 2002..In conclusion, this study showed that IL-8 serum levels were elevated in advanced NSCLC patients and correlated with both OS and TTF, but they were shown not to be an independent prognostic factor...
- IL-1beta induces stabilization of IL-8 mRNA in malignant breast cancer cells via the 3' untranslated region: Involvement of divergent RNA-binding factors HuR, KSRP and TIAREsther A Suswam
Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Int J Cancer 113:911-9. 2005..the destabilizing factor KSRP. In conclusion, IL-1beta is a potent cytokine stimulus for IL-8 RNA stabilization in breast cancer cells, possibly by enhanced binding of cytoplasmic HuR to the 3'UTR...
- Regulation of the immune response by the interaction of chemokines and proteasesSofie Struyf
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, Minderbroedersstraat 10, University of Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
Adv Immunol 81:1-44. 2003
- Interleukin (IL)-1 beta in tracheal aspirates from premature infants induces airway epithelial cell IL-8 expression via an NF-kappa B dependent pathwayThomas K Shimotake
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Pediatr Res 56:907-13. 2004....
- Role of interferon-stimulated responsive element-like element in interleukin-8 promoter in Helicobacter pylori infectionYoshio Yamaoka
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medicial Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gastroenterology 126:1030-43. 2004..Gastric mucosal interleukin (IL)-8 levels are related to the presence of both the cag pathogenicity island (PAI) and OipA. We investigated the regions of the IL-8 promoter and the upstream signaling involved in IL-8 gene transcription...
- Influence of cytokine gene polymorphisms on the development of prostate cancerSarah L McCarron
Department of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 62:3369-72. 2002..05). These results suggest that single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with differential production of IL-8, IL-10, and VEGF are risk factors for PC, possibly acting via their influence on angiogenesis...
- A novel interleukin-8 polymorphism is associated with severe systemic lupus erythematosus nephritisBrad H Rovin
Nephrology Division, The Ohio State University School of Medicine and Public Health, N210 Means Hall, 1654 Upham Drive, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Kidney Int 62:261-5. 2002..This study was undertaken to identify polymorphisms in the 5'-flanking region of the IL-8 gene that correlate with the severity of SLE nephritis...
- Secretion of interleukin-8 by human-derived cell lines infected with Mycobacterium bovisPatricia Méndez-Samperio
Departmento de Inmunologia, Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Mediators Inflamm 13:45-9. 2004..bovis BCG...
- CXCL8/IL8 stimulates vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression and the autocrine activation of VEGFR2 in endothelial cells by activating NFkappaB through the CBM (Carma3/Bcl10/Malt1) complexDaniel Martin
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4340, USA
J Biol Chem 284:6038-42. 2009..How this intracellular pool of VEGF is regulated is still not understood. Here, we found that CXCL8/IL8, a potent proangiogenic and inflammatory chemokine, up-regulates VEGF mRNA and protein levels in endothelial ..
- Identification of biologically active chemokine isoforms from ascitic fluid and elevated levels of CCL18/pulmonary and activation-regulated chemokine in ovarian carcinomaEvemie Schutyser
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, K U Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 277:24584-93. 2002..Biologically active intact CCL2 and processed CXCL8, CCL3, and CCL18 isoforms were recovered...
- Human airway smooth muscle cells from asthmatic individuals have CXCL8 hypersecretion due to increased NF-kappa B p65, C/EBP beta, and RNA polymerase II binding to the CXCL8 promoterAlison E John
Centre for Respiratory Research and Nottingham Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 183:4682-92. 2009b>CXCL8 is a neutrophil and mast cell chemoattractant that is involved in regulating inflammatory cell influx in asthma...
- [Meta-analysis on the relationship between IL8-251 gene polymorphism and gastric cancer]Yan Lu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 41:39-42. 2007..To evaluate the relationship between IL8-251 gene polymorphisms and gastric cancer...
- Hepatitis C virus non-structural protein-2 activates CXCL-8 transcription through NF-kappaBJ K Oem
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization VIDO, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Arch Virol 153:293-301. 2008..These results demonstrate that HCV NS2 up-regulates IL-8 transcription through NF-kappaB. This newly identified function increases our understanding of the role of HCV NS2 protein in virus-host interactions...
- Impact of weight loss on circulating IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, TNF-alpha, VEGF-A, VEGF-C and midkine in gastroesophageal cancer patientsMalgorzata Krzystek-Korpacka
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Wroclaw Medical University, ul Chalubinskiego 10, 50 368 Wroclaw, Poland
Clin Biochem 40:1353-60. 2007..Proinflammatory cytokines are involved in cancer-related weight loss, but the involvement of VEGF-A, VEGF-C, IL-8 and midkine in gastroesophageal cancer patients remains unknown...
- Association of interleukin-8 (IL-8 or CXCL8) -251T/A and CXCR2 +1208C/T gene polymorphisms with breast cancerE Kamali-Sarvestani
Department of Immunology, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical School, Shiraz Iran
Neoplasma 54:484-9. 2007..6% and 7.1%, respectively; p=0.07). In conclusion, IL-8 -251T/A polymorphism is associated with development of invasive ductal carcinoma type of breast cancer while CXCR2 +1208C/T polymorphism may affect the disease progression...
- The interleukin-8-251*T/*A polymorphism is not associated with risk for gastric carcinoma development in a Portuguese populationPaulo Canedo
IPATIMUP, Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Eur J Cancer Prev 17:28-32. 2008..In conclusion our results indicate that although the IL8-251 polymorphism might be a relevant host susceptibility factor for gastric carcinoma development, this association is likely to be ethnic-specific...
- Elevation of circulating interleukin-8 is related to lymph node and distant metastases in esophageal squamous cell carcinomas--implication for clinical evaluation of cancer patientMalgorzata Krzystek-Korpacka
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Silesian Piasts University of Medicine, ul Chalubinskiego 10, 50 368 Wroclaw, Poland
Cytokine 41:232-9. 2008..Yet, the detection rates were not satisfactory enough to allow for the recommendation of IL-8 determination as an adjunct to the clinical evaluation of lymph node involvement in ESCC patients...
- Polymorphisms in VEGF and IL-8 predict tumor recurrence in stage III colon cancerG Lurje
Division of Medical Oncology, University of SouthernCalifornia, Sharon A Carpenter Laboratory, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Ann Oncol 19:1734-41. 2008..The present study analyzed a subset of 10 polymorphisms within eight genes involved in the tumor angiogenesis pathway and their impact on prognosis in stage III colon cancer patients treated with adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Purification and amino acid sequencing of NAF, a novel neutrophil-activating factor produced by monocytesA Walz
Theodor Kocher Institut, University of Bern, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 149:755-61. 1987..for 24 h in the presence of LPS (100 ng per 5 x 10(6) cells), and a monocyte-derived neutrophil-activating factor (NAF) was purified to apparent homogeneity from the conditioned media...
- Molecular cloning of a human monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor (MDNCF) and the induction of MDNCF mRNA by interleukin 1 and tumor necrosis factorK Matsushima
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21701
J Exp Med 167:1883-93. 1988The cDNA coding for human monocyte-derived neutrophil-specific chemotactic factor (MDNCF) was cloned from LPS-stimulated human monocyte mRNA...
- Chemotherapy-induced CXC-chemokine/CXC-chemokine receptor signaling in metastatic prostate cancer cells confers resistance to oxaliplatin through potentiation of nuclear factor-kappaB transcription and evasion of apoptosisCatherine Wilson
Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, Queens University Belfast, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:746-59. 2008..Interleukin-8 (CXCL8) is a transcriptional target of NF-kappaB whose expression is elevated in AIPC...
- Anthrax lethal toxin impairs IL-8 expression in epithelial cells through inhibition of histone H3 modificationBenoit Raymond
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Défense Innée et Inflammation, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000359. 2009..This epigenetic reprogramming, in addition to previously reported effects of LT, may represent an efficient strategy used by B. anthracis for invading the host...
- CHOP transcription factor mediates IL-8 signaling in cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelial cellsNeeraj Vij
Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 200 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:176-84. 2008..We confirmed the regulation of IL-8 promoter by CHOP in CF cells using the IL-8 reporter assay. We conclude that PGE-2 stimulates IL-8 production through the CHOP transcription factor in CF cells...
- Induction of interleukin-8 (CXCL-8) by tumor necrosis factor-alpha and leukemia inhibitory factor in pancreatic carcinoma cells: Impact of CXCL-8 as an autocrine growth factorHidenobu Kamohara
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Int J Oncol 31:627-32. 2007..These results suggest that CXCL-8 plays a pivotal role in progression of pancreatic cancer, and its expression is influenced by inflammatory cytokines in pancreatic tumor microenvironment...
- Induction of a CXCL8 binding site on endothelial syndecan-3 in rheumatoid synoviumAngela M Patterson
University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Arthritis Rheum 52:2331-42. 2005To identify and characterize which endothelial heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPGs) bind the chemokine CXCL8 (interleukin-8) in human rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and nonrheumatoid synovia.
- Association of respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis with the interleukin 8 gene region in UK familiesJ Hull
University Department of Paediatrics, Level 4, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU
Thorax 55:1023-7. 2000..The pathological features include neutrophil infiltration and high levels of interleukin 8 (IL-8), a potent neutrophil chemoattractant.
- Interleukin-8 secretion by fibroblasts induced by low density lipoproteins is p38 MAPK-dependent and leads to cell spreading and wound closureIveta Dobreva
Department of Cellular Biology and Morphology, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, Lausanne University, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 281:199-205. 2006..Regulation of fibroblast shape and migration by lipoproteins may be relevant to atherosclerosis that is characterized by increased LDL cholesterol levels, IL-8 production, and extensive remodeling of the vessel wall...
- Interleukin-8 promoter polymorphism increases the risk of atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer in JapanAyumu Taguchi
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Therapeutic Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi, 466 8550 Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2487-93. 2005..In conclusion, we showed that the IL-8 -251 T > A polymorphism is associated with higher expression of IL-8 protein, more severe neutrophil infiltration, and increased risk of atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer...
- Zn2+-induced IL-8 expression involves AP-1, JNK, and ERK activities in human airway epithelial cellsYu Mee Kim
Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, US Environmental Protection Agency, Human Studies Facility, 104 Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 290:L1028-35. 2006..These results suggested that Zn(2+)-induced inhibition of phosphatase activity is an initiating event in MAPK and AP-1 activation that leads to enhanced IL-8 expression by human airway epithelial cells...
- HIV-1 tat protein induces the production of interleukin-8 by human brain-derived endothelial cellsF M Hofman
Department of Pathology, HMR 312, University of Southern California, School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
J Neuroimmunol 94:28-39. 1999..These data suggest that extracellular tat, especially in the presence of TNF, may be responsible for the local production of IL-8...
- Genetic variation in interleukin 8 and its receptor genes and its influence on the risk and prognosis of prostate cancer among Finnish men in a large cancer prevention trialHannah P Yang
Emerging Leaders Program, DHHS, Washington, DC, USA
Eur J Cancer Prev 15:249-53. 2006The cytokine interleukin 8 (IL-8) may play a role in the pathogenesis of prostate cancer through the modulation of tumour immune response or enhanced angiogenesis...
- Association of IL-8 (-251)T/A polymorphism with susceptibility to and aggressiveness of nasopharyngeal carcinomaHela Ben Nasr
Laboratoire d Immuno Oncologie Moleculaire, Faculte de medecine de Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
Hum Immunol 68:761-9. 2007..Our findings suggest that the IL-8 promoter polymorphism is associated with increased nasopharyngeal carcinoma risk, particularly in males, as well as disease progress, supporting our hypothesis for IL-8 involvement in NPC pathogenesis...
- Macrolides inhibit IL17-induced IL8 and 8-isoprostane release from human airway smooth muscle cellsB M Vanaudenaerde
Laboratorium of Pneumology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Transplant 7:76-82. 2007..In BOS patients, these phenomena may explain the anti-inflammatory effects of azithromycin...
- Transcriptional regulation of IL-8 by iron chelator in human epithelial cells is independent from NF-kappaB but involves ERK1/2- and p38 kinase-dependent activation of AP-1Eun Young Choi
Department of Life Science, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology GIST, Gwangju, Korea
J Cell Biochem 102:1442-57. 2007..A possible link between iron status and two additional transcription factors, that is, CREB and Egr-1, rather than NF-kappaB, was also suggested...
- Interleukin-8 is a molecular determinant of androgen independence and progression in prostate cancerShinako Araki
Department of Urology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Cancer Res 67:6854-62. 2007..Therefore, IL-8 is a molecular determinant of androgen-independent prostate cancer growth and progression...
- Mapping the binding surface of interleukin-8 complexed with an N-terminal fragment of the type 1 human interleukin-8 receptorR T Clubb
Laboratory of Chemical Physics, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
FEBS Lett 338:93-7. 1994..The IL-8 dimer appears to present two symmetrical binding surfaces for the IL8-r1 peptide, suggesting two receptor peptides may bind per dimer...
- Differential production of proinflammatory cytokines: in vitro PRRSV and Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae co-infection modelR Thanawongnuwech
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Chulalongkorn University, 10330, Bangkok, Thailand
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 79:115-27. 2001..hyopneumoniae and PRRSV suggests that cytokine induced inflammation may play an important role in the severe, chronic pneumonia induced by the concurrent infection of the two pathogens...
- Expression of Toll-like receptors, interleukin 8, macrophage migration inhibitory factor, and osteopontin in tissues from pigs challenged with Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium or serovar CholeraesuisT E Burkey
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506 0201, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 115:309-19. 2007..experiments was to evaluate expression of Toll-like receptors (TLR) and selected chemoattractive mediators (interleukin 8, IL8; macrophage migration inhibitory factor, MIF; osteopontin, OPN) in tissues from pigs exposed to ST or SC ..
- Effects of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium, or serovar Choleraesuis, Lactobacillus reuteri and Bacillus licheniformis on chemokine and cytokine expression in the swine jejunal epithelial cell line, IPEC-J2K A Skjolaas
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, 241 Weber Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506 0201, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 115:299-308. 2007..ST) or Choleraesuis (SC) in their ability to regulate, stimulate, or modify the proinflammatory mediators, interleukin 8 (IL8), CC chemokine 20 (CCL20), and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha)...
- Identification of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the bovine CCL2, IL8, CCR2 and IL8RA genes and their association with health and production in Canadian HolsteinsI Leyva-Baca
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G2W1, Canada
Anim Genet 38:198-202. 2007..04 +/- 0.02, P = 0.05), which might indicate a possible association in support of other published studies. Lastly, we assigned CCR2 to BTA22q24, where a previously QTL for SCS was identified...
- Effects of Salmonella enterica serovars Typhimurium (ST) and Choleraesuis (SC) on chemokine and cytokine expression in swine ileum and jejunal epithelial cellsK A Skjolaas
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506 0201, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 111:199-209. 2006..Our data demonstrate that invasive bacterial pathogens in the pig gastrointestinal tract trigger upregulation of selected cytokine and chemokine mediators, but serovars of Salmonella elicited differing patterns of activation in vitro...
- Pharmacologic concentrations of melatonin have diverse influence on differential expressions of angiogenic chemokine genes in different hepatocellular carcinoma cell linesZu Yau Lin
Cancer Center and Division of Hepatobiliary Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, No 100 Tzyou, 1 st Road, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
Biomed Pharmacother 64:659-62. 2010..The concentration of MLT may be the main determinant for the response of angiostatic CXCL10 gene to MLT. Clinical application of MLT in patients with HCC should consider these effects...
- The role of the IL23/IL17 axis in bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after lung transplantationB M Vanaudenaerde
Laboratory of Pneumology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Transplant 8:1911-20. 2008..IL6, IL1beta and IL23 seem to be skewing cytokines and IL2 a counteracting cytokine for T(H)17 alignment. The involvement of TGF-beta could not be confirmed, either as T(H)17 steering or as counteracting cytokine...
- The chemokine IL8 is up-regulated in bovine endometrial stromal cells by the BoHV-4 IE2 gene product, ORF50/Rta: a step ahead toward a mechanism for BoHV-4 induced endometritisGaetano Donofrio
Sezione di Malattie Infettive degli Animali, Dipartimento di Salute Animale, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita di Parma, Parma, Italy
Biol Reprod 83:919-28. 2010..These infections are characterized by inflammation of the endometrium and secretion of the chemokine interleukin 8 (IL8), which attracts granulocytes to the endometrium...
- Interleukin-8 (CXCL8) stimulates trophoblast cell migration and invasion by increasing levels of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)2 and MMP9 and integrins alpha5 and beta1Milica Jovanovic
Institute for the Application of Nuclear Energy, INEP, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Reproduction 139:789-98. 2010Interleukin-8 (IL8/CXCL8) is present in decidua and trophoblast, which also expresses the IL8 receptors, CXCR1 and CXCR2. IL8 was shown to stimulate trophoblast migration...
- Elevated levels of M-CSF, sCD14 and IL8 in type 1 Gaucher diseaseC E Hollak
Department of Hematology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood Cells Mol Dis 23:201-12. 1997..We conclude that serum levels of M-CSF, sCD14 and IL8 are increased in type 1 Gaucher disease. The biological activities of M-CSF and IL8 may add to the pathophysiology of the disease...
- Loss of CFTR results in reduction of histone deacetylase 2 in airway epithelial cellsToni R Bartling
Department of Genetics, Case Western Reserve University and Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L35-43. 2009..The transcriptional regulation of many inflammatory genes, including IL8 (CXCL8), involves chromatin remodeling through histone acetylation...
- Interleukin-8/CXCL8 is a growth factor for human lung cancer cellsY M Zhu
Department of Clinical Oncology, Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Sheffield Medical School, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield S10 2RX, UK
Br J Cancer 91:1970-6. 2004Interleukin-8/CXCL8 (IL-8) is a chemokine and angiogenic factor. Recently, IL-8 was identified as an autocrine growth factor in several human cancers. Here, we investigated the expression and function of IL-8 in lung cancer cells...
- Population pharmacokinetic evaluation of a fully human IgG monoclonal antibody in patients with inflammatory diseasesMohammad Tabrizi
Amgen Fremont Inc, 6701 Kaiser Drive, Fremont, CA 94556, USA
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 9:229-37. 2010..Additionally, age and disease type (psoriasis or RA) had no impact on ABX-IL8 pharmacokinetics...
- Association of CD38 with nonmuscle myosin heavy chain IIA and Lck is essential for the internalization and activation of CD38So Young Rah
Department of Biochemistry, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju 561 182, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 282:5653-60. 2007..These findings demonstrate that the association of phospho-MHCIIA with Lck and CD38 is a critical step in the internalization and activation of CD38...
- The murine interleukin 8 type B receptor homologue and its ligands. Expression and biological characterizationC R Bozic
Ina Sue Perlmutter Laboratory, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 269:29355-8. 1994..Our data indicate that KC is the murine homologue of human Gro-alpha, and the KC receptor is an IL8 type B receptor homologue capable of binding both KC and macrophage inflammatory protein-2 with high affinity...
- The chicken 9E3/CEF4 CXC chemokine is the avian orthologue of IL8 and maps to chicken chromosome 4 syntenic with genes flanking the mammalian chemokine clusterP Kaiser
Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Berkshire RG20 7NN, UK
Immunogenetics 49:673-84. 1999..This is the first nonmammalian chemokine gene to be genetically mapped...
- Chemokine receptor-ligand interactions measured using time-resolved fluorescenceJ Inglese
Pharmacopeia Inc, 101 College Road East, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
Biochemistry 37:2372-7. 1998..The sensitivity, stability, and high specific activity of europium-labeled IL8 demonstrate the usefulness of lanthanide-labeled proteins in the measurement of receptor-ligand interactions and may be extended to other peptide ligands...
- Unusual haplotypic structure of IL8, a susceptibility locus for a common respiratory virusJ Hull
Department of Paediatrics, University of Oxford, OX3 9DU Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 69:413-9. 2001..25, and, in the European sample, both Tajima's D statistic (D = 2.58, P = .007) and the Hudson/Kreitman/Aguade test (chi(2) = 4.9, P = .03) reject neutral equilibrium, suggesting that selective pressure may have acted on this locus...
- Interleukin-8 alters glomerular heparan sulfate glycosaminoglycan chain size and charge in ratsE H Garin
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University of South Florida, Tampa, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 14:284-7. 2000..Because IL8 has been found in the serum of some patients with minimal lesion nephrotic syndrome, this finding may explain, at least in part, the reported reduced glomerular charge barrier observed in these patients...
- Comparison of whole blood interleukin-8 and plasma interleukin-8 as a predictor for sepsis in postoperative patientsGerald Steinbach
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Clinic of Ulm, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 378:117-21. 2007Interleukin-8 (IL-8, also known as neutrophil-activating peptide 1, NAP1 and CXCL8, CXC chemokine ligand 8) is recognized as a potent effector of neutrophil functions...
- Soluble galectin-3 is a strong, colonic epithelial-cell-derived, lamina propria fibroblast-stimulating factorE Lippert
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Regensburg, Regensburg 93042, Germany
Gut 56:43-51. 2007..Colonic lamina propria fibroblasts (CLPFs) play an important role in the pathogenesis of fibrosis and strictures in Crohn's disease...
- Interleukin-8 haplotype structure from nucleotide sequence variation in commercial populations of U.S. beef cattleM P Heaton
USDA, ARS, US Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933 0166, USA
Mamm Genome 12:219-26. 2001..82, 0.18, 0.01, 0.00 0.00), suggesting that the diversity panel may also be useful for estimating allele frequencies in commercial populations...
- Non-invasive assessment of small airway remodelling in smokersArnaud Bourdin
Dept of Respiratory Diseases, CHU Montpellier, France
COPD 7:102-10. 2010..The SCGB1A1/IL8 ratio measured in sputum is a potentially valuable biomarker for non-invasive assessment of SA remodelling in smokers...
- Enhancement of cyclic AMP accumulation mediated by 5-HT after chronic amitriptyline treatment in NG 108-15 cellsM Shimizu
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Kure National Hospital, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 114:1282-8. 1995..This treatment also had no effect on GTP gamma S-, NaF-, and Mn(2+)-stimulated cyclic AMP accumulation in isolated cell membranes. 7...
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition by N(omega)-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester modulates G-protein expression and adenylyl cyclase activity in rat heartF Di Fusco
Department of Physiology and Groupe de Recherche sur le Systeme Nerveux Autonome, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Hypertens 10:471-5. 1997..Similarly, stimulations exerted by isoproterenol, glucagon, NaF, and forskolin on adenylyl cyclase were also diminished in L-NAME-treated rats...
- Microangiopathy of cutaneous blood and lymphatic capillaries in chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)U K Franzeck
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, , Switzerland
Yale J Biol Med 66:37-46. 1993..is, however, significantly increased, indicating an increased transcapillary diffusion of sodium fluorescein (NaF) as a marker for enhanced leakage of the capillaries in the early stage of the disease...
- Increased cytokines, chemokines and soluble adhesion molecules in exhaled breath condensate of asthmatic childrenC M H H T Robroeks
Department of Paediatric Pulmonology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Allergy 40:77-84. 2010..However, the use of a glass condenser system combined with a sensitive analytical technique may increase the possibility to assess these biomarkers in EBC in a reliable way...
- Nipple aspirate fluid cytology in breast carcinomaSavitri Krishnamurthy
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 99:97-104. 2003Nipple aspirate fluid (NAF) cytology is a simple noninvasive method to study cells exfoliated into the ductal system of the breast...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and lupus: new molecular targets for treatmentSilvia S Pierangeli; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may help to devise new more specific and less harmful modalities than the anticoagulation or general immunosuppression currently used to treat and prevent thrombosis in patients with aPL Abs. ..
- Ras and Chemokine Stimulated Neutrophil PolarizationCindy Knall; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed study fulfills the scope of the NIAID small research grants program as a small, self-contained research project requiring minimal funding for a limited time. ..
- The role of polyamine oxidase in antitumor drug responseROBERT CASERO; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of the role of SMO in inflammation-induced cancers should aid in treatment strategies to prevent cancer. ..
- The role of polyamine oxidase in antitumor drug responseRobert A Casero; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of the role of SMO in inflammation-induced cancers should aid in treatment strategies to prevent cancer. ..
- VEGF AND RELATED PROTEINS IN AIDS RELATED KAPOSI SARCOMAParkash Gill; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Chemokine Mediated Leukocyte FunctionsMicheler Ricardo Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Interleukin-8 (IL-8/CXCL8) receptors (CXCR1 and CXCR2) bind CXCL8 with similar affinity to initiate leukocyte chemotaxis, but only CXCR1 ..
- Genetic susceptibility to gastric cancer in Latin AmericaEduardo M Tarazona Santos; Fiscal Year: 2010..By performing the study in Lima and Rio de Janeiro, we address the key issue of replication of genetic association studies. ..
- Genetic susceptibility to gastric cancer in Latin AmericaEduardo Tarazona Santos; Fiscal Year: 2007..By performing the study in Lima and Rio de Janeiro, we address the key issue of replication of genetic association studies. ..
- RECEPTOR INTERACTION WITH GTP REGULATORY PROTEINSGary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cumulatively, the studies will define new strategies for the development of pharmacological ligandsto regulate subsets of receptor functions that will have much more selective effects on target cells and tissues. ..
- IL8 and GATA3-mediated Pathways in Asthma ExacerbationsFernando Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) ..
- Role of MU5AC Mucins in Airway DiseaseMary Rose; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Role of MU5AC Mucins in Airway DiseaseMary Rose; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- STAT3 Regulation of Glioblastoma PathogenesisAzad Bonni; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation of Proinflammatory Signaling Pathways by CFTRHarvey Pollard; Fiscal Year: 2004..The impact of this research will be to identify novel pathways by which CFTR affects the ability of lung epithelial cells to respond to bacterial assault. ..
- Role of chemokine monomer-dimer equilibrium in innate immunity and inflammationKrishna Rajarathnam; Fiscal Year: 2009The chemokine CXCL8 (also known as interleukin-8) plays a key role in innate immunity and inflammation by recruiting neutrophils from the bloodstream to tissue damaged by such insults as bacterial infection...
- Role of chemokine monomer-dimer equilibrium in innate immunity and inflammationKrishna Rajarathnam; Fiscal Year: 2010The chemokine CXCL8 (also known as interleukin-8) plays a key role in innate immunity and inflammation by recruiting neutrophils from the bloodstream to tissue damaged by such insults as bacterial infection...
- Role of chemokine monomer-dimer equilibrium in innate immunity and inflammationKrishna Rajarathnam; Fiscal Year: 2007The chemokine CXCL8 (also known as interleukin-8) plays a key role in innate immunity and inflammation by recruiting neutrophils from the bloodstream to tissue damaged by such insults as bacterial infection...
- Quercetin and Innate Immune Responses in COPDUmadevi Sajjan; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, results from our pilot studies suggest that quercetin inhibits interleukin (IL)-8/CXCL8 expression from airway epithelial cells and human monocyte- derived macrophages in response to P...
- Quercetin and Innate Immune Responses in COPDUMADEVI SIVANAPPA SAJJAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, results from our pilot studies suggest that quercetin inhibits interleukin (IL)-8/CXCL8 expression from airway epithelial cells and human monocyte- derived macrophages in response to P...
- HIV/STI Prevention among Alcohol-Abusing Women in MongoliaSusan Witte; Fiscal Year: 2007..Women clientele of the National AIDS Foundation (NAF) program in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia will be recruited...