Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-7
Description: interleukin 7
Alias: IL-7, interleukin-7
- Barata J, Silva A, Brandao J, Nadler L, Cardoso A, Boussiotis V. Activation of PI3K is indispensable for interleukin 7-mediated viability, proliferation, glucose use, and growth of T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells. J Exp Med. 2004;200:659-69 pubmed
- Roato I, Caldo D, Godio L, D Amico L, Giannoni P, Morello E, et al. Bone invading NSCLC cells produce IL-7: mice model and human histologic data. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:12 pubmed publisher..The presented mice model of bone invasion by contiguous tumor is suitable to study bone-tumor cell interaction. IL-7 plays a role in the first steps of metastatic process. ..
- Henriques C, Rino J, Nibbs R, Graham G, Barata J. IL-7 induces rapid clathrin-mediated internalization and JAK3-dependent degradation of IL-7Ralpha in T cells. Blood. 2010;115:3269-77 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings indicate that IL-7 triggers rapid IL-7Ralpha endocytosis, which is required for IL-7-mediated signaling and subsequent receptor degradation. ..
- Malaspina A, Moir S, Chaitt D, Rehm C, Kottilil S, Falloon J, et al. Idiopathic CD4+ T lymphocytopenia is associated with increases in immature/transitional B cells and serum levels of IL-7. Blood. 2007;109:2086-8 pubmed
- Faller E, McVey M, Kakal J, MacPherson P. Interleukin-7 receptor expression on CD8 T-cells is downregulated by the HIV Tat protein. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006;43:257-69 pubmed
- Oshima S, Nakamura T, Namiki S, Okada E, Tsuchiya K, Okamoto R, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 1 (IRF-1) and IRF-2 distinctively up-regulate gene expression and production of interleukin-7 in human intestinal epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6298-310 pubmed
- Scupoli M, Vinante F, Krampera M, Vincenzi C, Nadali G, Zampieri F, et al. Thymic epithelial cells promote survival of human T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia blasts: the role of interleukin-7. Haematologica. 2003;88:1229-37 pubmed..In addition, they show that interaction between IL-7 and its receptor has the major role in modulating T-ALL survival within the microenvironment generated by the T-ALL/TEC interaction. ..
- Goodwin R, Lupton S, Schmierer A, Hjerrild K, Jerzy R, Clevenger W, et al. Human interleukin 7: molecular cloning and growth factor activity on human and murine B-lineage cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:302-6 pubmedA cDNA encoding biologically active human interleukin 7 was isolated by hybridization with the homologous murine clone...
- Laakso S, Kekäläinen E, Rossi L, Laurinolli T, Mannerström H, Heikkilä N, et al. IL-7 dysregulation and loss of CD8+ T cell homeostasis in the monogenic human disease autoimmune polyendocrinopathy-candidiasis-ectodermal dystrophy. J Immunol. 2011;187:2023-30 pubmed publisher..The resultant loss of CD8(+) T cell homeostasis is likely to play a significant role in the pathogenesis of APECED. Our findings may also hold lessons for other diseases in which the IL-7-IL-7R pathway has emerged as a risk factor. ..
- Fry T, Mackall C. Interleukin-7: from bench to clinic. Blood. 2002;99:3892-904 pubmed
- Watanabe M, Ueno Y, Yajima T, Iwao Y, Tsuchiya M, Ishikawa H, et al. Interleukin 7 is produced by human intestinal epithelial cells and regulates the proliferation of intestinal mucosal lymphocytes. J Clin Invest. 1995;95:2945-53 pubmed..These findings suggest that human intestinal epithelial cells and epithelial goblet cells produce IL-7, and locally produced IL-7 may serve as a potent regulatory factor for intestinal mucosal lymphocytes. ..
- Tang J, Nuccie B, Ritterman I, Liesveld J, Abboud C, Ryan D. TGF-beta down-regulates stromal IL-7 secretion and inhibits proliferation of human B cell precursors. J Immunol. 1997;159:117-25 pubmed..These results indicate that TGF-beta is a significant negative regulator of stroma-dependent proliferation of early human lymphoid progenitors and acts in part by down-regulating stromal IL-7 secretion. ..
- Cai Y, Wang W, Liang H, Sun L, Teitelbaum D, Yang H. Keratinocyte growth factor up-regulates Interleukin-7 expression following intestinal ischemia/reperfusion in vitro and in vivo. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2012;5:569-80 pubmed..KGF could up-regulate the IL-7 expression both in vitro and in vivo through KGFR pathway, which should have associated with the protective effects of KGF in intestinal injury. ..
- Tan J, Dudl E, Leroy E, Murray R, Sprent J, Weinberg K, et al. IL-7 is critical for homeostatic proliferation and survival of naive T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:8732-7 pubmed..Thus, naïve T cells disappeared gradually over a 1-month period upon adoptive transfer into IL-7(-) hosts. These findings indicate that naive T cells depend on IL-7 for survival and homeostatic proliferation. ..
- Napolitano L, Stoddart C, Hanley M, Wieder E, McCune J. Effects of IL-7 on early human thymocyte progenitor cells in vitro and in SCID-hu Thy/Liv mice. J Immunol. 2003;171:645-54 pubmed..Given the growing interest in the use of IL-7 for the treatment of human immunodeficiency, these findings support additional investigation into its in vivo effects on thymopoiesis and HIV infection. ..
- Faller E, Kakal J, Kumar R, MacPherson P. IL-7 and the HIV Tat protein act synergistically to down-regulate CD127 expression on CD8 T cells. Int Immunol. 2009;21:203-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, by affecting different IL-7 signal transduction pathways, HIV Tat protein is able to impair both CD8 T cell activation and proliferation without inducing apoptosis. ..
- McElroy C, Dohm J, Walsh S. Structural and biophysical studies of the human IL-7/IL-7Ralpha complex. Structure. 2009;17:54-65 pubmed publisher..The IL-7/IL-7Ralpha structures provide a window into the molecular recognition events of the IL-7 signaling cascade and provide sites to target for designing new therapeutics to treat IL-7-related diseases. ..
- Di Carlo E, D Antuono T, Pompa P, Giuliani R, Rosini S, Stuppia L, et al. The lack of epithelial interleukin-7 and BAFF/BLyS gene expression in prostate cancer as a possible mechanism of tumor escape from immunosurveillance. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:2979-87 pubmed publisher..Its loss in PCa is associated with a severe depletion of prostate-associated lymphocytes and points to a novel tumor escape mechanism. ..
- Camargo J, Kulkarni H, Agan B, Gaitan A, Beachy L, Srinivas S, et al. Responsiveness of T cells to interleukin-7 is associated with higher CD4+ T cell counts in HIV-1-positive individuals with highly active antiretroviral therapy-induced viral load suppression. J Infect Dis. 2009;199:1872-82 pubmed publisher..Responsiveness of T cells to IL-7 is associated with higher CD4+ T cell counts during HAART and thus may be a determinant of the extent of immune reconstitution. ..
- Fonseca S, Reis M, Coelho V, Nogueira L, Monteiro S, Mairena E, et al. Locally produced survival cytokines IL-15 and IL-7 may be associated to the predominance of CD8+ T cells at heart lesions of human chronic Chagas disease cardiomyopathy. Scand J Immunol. 2007;66:362-71 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that local production of IL-7 and IL-15 may be associated with the maintenance and predominance of CD8(+) T cells, the cells effecting tissue damage in CCC hearts. ..
- Reche P, Soumelis V, Gorman D, Clifford T, Liu Mr -, Travis M, et al. Human thymic stromal lymphopoietin preferentially stimulates myeloid cells. J Immunol. 2001;167:336-43 pubmed
- Roato I, Brunetti G, Gorassini E, Grano M, Colucci S, Bonello L, et al. IL-7 up-regulates TNF-alpha-dependent osteoclastogenesis in patients affected by solid tumor. PLoS ONE. 2006;1:e124 pubmed..These findings add further details to the disclosure of the mechanisms controlling bone metastasis in solid tumors. ..
- Cosenza L, Gorgun G, Urbano A, Foss F. Interleukin-7 receptor expression and activation in nonhaematopoietic neoplastic cell lines. Cell Signal. 2002;14:317-25 pubmed..The expression of functional IL-7R on epithelial tumour cells may represent a potential target for receptor-directed therapy. ..
- Faller E, Sugden S, McVey M, Kakal J, MacPherson P. Soluble HIV Tat protein removes the IL-7 receptor alpha-chain from the surface of resting CD8 T cells and targets it for degradation. J Immunol. 2010;185:2854-66 pubmed publisher..Tat appears to then target CD127 for degradation via the proteasome. By removing CD127 from the cell surface, the HIV Tat protein is thus able to reduce IL-7 signaling and impair CD8 T cell proliferation and function. ..
- Swainson L, Verhoeyen E, Cosset F, Taylor N. IL-7R alpha gene expression is inversely correlated with cell cycle progression in IL-7-stimulated T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2006;176:6702-8 pubmed..Thus, IL-7 therapy should be designed to allow optimal responsiveness of naive and memory T cell subsets. ..
- Okamoto Y, Douek D, McFarland R, Koup R. Effects of exogenous interleukin-7 on human thymus function. Blood. 2002;99:2851-8 pubmed..Our results provide compelling evidence that IL-7 has a direct effect on increasing TCR-alphabeta rearrangement and indicate the potential use of IL-7 for enhancing de novo naïve T-cell generation in immunocompromised patients. ..
- Ming J, Zhang Q, Jiang Y, Qiu X, BAI X. [The expressions of IL-7 and IL-7R and the relationship between them with lymph node metastasis and prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2010;13:1101-6 pubmed publisher..the high expression of IL-7 and IL-7R is highly positie correlated with clinic stage, lymph node metastasis, VEGF-D, LVD and poor prognosis in Non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Lu N, Wang Y, Wang Y, Arima K, Hanabuchi S, Liu Y. TSLP and IL-7 use two different mechanisms to regulate human CD4+ T cell homeostasis. J Exp Med. 2009;206:2111-9 pubmed publisher..5%. TSLP could only induce naive CD4(+) T cells to differentiate into Th2 cells in the presence of allogeneic mDCs. These results demonstrate that IL-7 and TSLP use different mechanisms to regulate human CD4(+) T cell homeostasis. ..
- Moller P, Bohm M, Czarnetszki B, Schadendorf D. Interleukin-7. Biology and implications for dermatology. Exp Dermatol. 1996;5:129-37 pubmed..This review summarizes our present knowledge about the molecular and immunological properties of IL7 with emphasis on the effects of that cytokine within the cutaneous compartment and the potential clinical utility in dermatology. ..
- Pickens S, Chamberlain N, Volin M, Pope R, Talarico N, Mandelin A, et al. Characterization of interleukin-7 and interleukin-7 receptor in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:2884-93 pubmed publisher..Our results document a novel role of IL-7 in RA angiogenesis. ..
- Vassena L, Proschan M, Fauci A, Lusso P. Interleukin 7 reduces the levels of spontaneous apoptosis in CD4+ and CD8+ T cells from HIV-1-infected individuals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2355-60 pubmed..Here, we show that interleukin 7 (IL-7), a nonredundant cytokine that plays essential roles in the generation and homeostasis of the T cell ..
- Franciosi F, Manandhar S, Conti M. FSH Regulates mRNA Translation in Mouse Oocytes and Promotes Developmental Competence. Endocrinology. 2016;157:872-82 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a molecular rationale for the use of FSH to improve egg quality. ..
- Shive C, Mudd J, Funderburg N, Sieg S, Kyi B, Bazdar D, et al. Inflammatory cytokines drive CD4+ T-cell cycling and impaired responsiveness to interleukin 7: implications for immune failure in HIV disease. J Infect Dis. 2014;210:619-29 pubmed publisher..Both IL-1? and IL-6 can decrease T-cell surface expression and RNA levels of CD127, the interleukin 7 receptor ? chain (IL-7R?)...
- Vignesh P, Rawat A, Singh S. An Update on the Use of Immunomodulators in Primary Immunodeficiencies. Clin Rev Allergy Immunol. 2017;52:287-303 pubmed publisher..This topical review explores the use of various immunomodulators and other biological agents in the context of primary immunodeficiency and autoinflammatory diseases. ..
- Kelly E, Koziol White C, Clay K, Liu L, Bates M, Bertics P, et al. Potential contribution of IL-7 to allergen-induced eosinophilic airway inflammation in asthma. J Immunol. 2009;182:1404-10 pubmed..Activation of eosinophils is a novel function for IL-7. ..
- Napolitano M, Bellavia D, Maroder M, Farina M, Vacca A, Frati L, et al. Modulation of cytokine gene expression by thymic lympho-stromal cell to cell interaction: effect of retinoic acid. Thymus. 1997;24:247-58 pubmed..They furthermore suggest that specific cytokine modulation might contribute to the RA-induced impairment of thymocyte differentiation. ..
- McLaughlin D, Faller E, Sugden S, MacPherson P. Expression of the IL-7 receptor alpha-chain is down regulated on the surface of CD4 T-cells by the HIV-1 Tat protein. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111193 pubmed publisher..Understanding this effect could lead to new approaches to mitigate the CD4 T-cell loss evident in HIV infection. ..
- Lundtoft C, Afum Adjei Awuah A, Rimpler J, Harling K, Nausch N, Kohns M, et al. Aberrant plasma IL-7 and soluble IL-7 receptor levels indicate impaired T-cell response to IL-7 in human tuberculosis. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006425 pubmed publisher..These findings show similarities to pathognomonic features of impaired T-cell functions and immune failure described in AIDS patients. ..
- Zhang L, Keane M, Zhu L, Sharma S, Rozengurt E, Strieter R, et al. Interleukin-7 and transforming growth factor-beta play counter-regulatory roles in protein kinase C-delta-dependent control of fibroblast collagen synthesis in pulmonary fibrosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28315-9 pubmed..Thus, PKC-delta may play a critical role in the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis and may serve as a molecular target for therapeutic intervention to suppress fibrosis. ..
- Qu H, Zou Z, Pan Z, Zhang T, Deng N, Chen G, et al. IL-7/IL-7 receptor axis stimulates prostate cancer cell invasion and migration via AKT/NF-?B pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;40:203-210 pubmed publisher..Therefore, blocking IL-7/IL-7R axis may provide a potential therapeutic strategy to treat prostate cancer. ..
- Murphy S, Schaeffer A, Done J, Wong L, Bell Cohn A, Roman K, et al. IL17 Mediates Pelvic Pain in Experimental Autoimmune Prostatitis (EAP). PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0125623 pubmed publisher..This report presents novel data on the role of CD4+IL17+ T-cells in development and maintenance of pain in EAP and CPPS. ..
- Comstock S, Xu D, Hortos K, Kovan B, McCaskey S, Pathak D, et al. Association of serum cytokines with colorectal polyp number and type in adult males. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2016;25:173-81 pubmed publisher..8 times more likely to have an adenoma than to have no polyps. Serum concentrations of MCP-3, sIL-4R, IFN-Î±2, IL-7, and IL-8 may indicate which men are more likely to have colorectal polyps. ..
- Scupoli M, Perbellini O, Krampera M, Vinante F, Cioffi F, Pizzolo G. Interleukin 7 requirement for survival of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia and human thymocytes on bone marrow stroma. Haematologica. 2007;92:264-6 pubmed..We presented evidence that IL-7 has a major role in the enhanced survival mediated by BM stroma both in T-ALL cells and thymocytes. ..
- Deshpande P, Cavanagh M, Le Saux S, Singh K, Weyand C, Goronzy J. IL-7- and IL-15-mediated TCR sensitization enables T cell responses to self-antigens. J Immunol. 2013;190:1416-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that HCs, possibly induced by lymphopenia, decrease the signaling threshold for TCR activation and are thereby partly responsible for autoimmunity in RA. ..
- Perna S, Pagliara D, Mahendravada A, Liu H, Brenner M, Savoldo B, et al. Interleukin-7 mediates selective expansion of tumor-redirected cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) without enhancement of regulatory T-cell inhibition. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20:131-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-7 can have a significant impact in sustaining expansion and persistence of adoptively CAR-redirected CTLs. ..
- Najjar Y, Ding F, Lin Y, VanderWeele R, Butterfield L, Tarhini A. Melanoma antigen-specific effector T cell cytokine secretion patterns in patients treated with ipilimumab. J Transl Med. 2017;15:39 pubmed publisher..Patients whose PBMCs secreted more cytokines (particularly in response to NY-ESO-1) tended to have better RFS, supporting further exploration in terms of therapeutic predictive value. ..
- Roato I, Gorassini E, Brunetti G, Grano M, Ciuffreda L, Mussa A, et al. IL-7 modulates osteoclastogenesis in patients affected by solid tumors. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1117:377-84 pubmed..These findings add further details to the disclosure of the mechanisms controlling bone metastases in solid tumors. ..
- Wu X, Zeng Z, Chen B, Yu J, Xue L, Hao Y, et al. Association between polymorphisms in interleukin-17A and interleukin-17F genes and risks of gastric cancer. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:86-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that polymorphism of IL-17F 7488 involved in susceptibility to gastric cancer, which also influenced certain subtypes according to clinicopathological features, whereas IL-17A 197 may be less relevant. ..
- Patin E, Soulard D, Fleury S, Hassane M, Dombrowicz D, Faveeuw C, et al. Type I IFN Receptor Signaling Controls IL7-Dependent Accumulation and Activity of Protumoral IL17A-Producing γδT Cells in Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2018;78:195-204 pubmed publisher..b>Significance: Tumor-derived IL7 can represent a therapeutic target to prevent accumulation of immune cells endowed with potent protumoral activities. Cancer Res; 78(1); 195-204. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Wang F, Xu Y, Sullivan J, Souder E, Argyris E, Acheampong E, et al. IL-7 is a potent and proviral strain-specific inducer of latent HIV-1 cellular reservoirs of infected individuals on virally suppressive HAART. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:128-37 pubmed
- Jana M, Mondal S, Jana A, Pahan K. Interleukin-12 (IL-12), but not IL-23, induces the expression of IL-7 in microglia and macrophages: implications for multiple sclerosis. Immunology. 2014;141:549-63 pubmed publisher..These studies delineate a novel biological function of IL-12 that is absent in IL-23 and other p40 family members. ..
- Kielsen K, Jordan K, Uhlving H, Pontoppidan P, Shamim Z, Ifversen M, et al. T cell reconstitution in allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation: prognostic significance of plasma interleukin-7. Scand J Immunol. 2015;81:72-80 pubmed publisher..046). The present data indicate that high plasma levels of IL-7 in the early post-transplant period are predictive for slow T cell reconstitution, increased risk of aGVHD and increased mortality following HSCT. ..
- vanderSpek J, Sutherland J, Gill B, Gorgun G, Foss F, Murphy J. Structure function analysis of interleukin 7: requirement for an aromatic ring at position 143 of helix D. Cytokine. 2002;17:227-33 pubmed..These results strongly suggest an aromatic residue is required at position 143 for IL-7R binding and subsequent signal transduction. ..
- Cieri N, Camisa B, Cocchiarella F, Forcato M, Oliveira G, Provasi E, et al. IL-7 and IL-15 instruct the generation of human memory stem T cells from naive precursors. Blood. 2013;121:573-84 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insights into the origin and requirements for T(SCM) generation and pave the way for their clinical rapid exploitation in adoptive cell therapy. ..
- Krzystek Korpacka M, Zawadzki M, Neubauer K, Bednarz Misa I, Górska S, Wisniewski J, et al. Elevated systemic interleukin-7 in patients with colorectal cancer and individuals at high risk of cancer: association with lymph node involvement and tumor location in the right colon. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2017;66:171-179 pubmed publisher..Both associations should be considered when designing IL-7-based immunotherapies for CRC. Further studies on IL-7 functionality in CRC are necessary. ..
- Kim J, Loveland J, Sitz K, Ratto Kim S, Mclinden R, Tencer K, et al. Expansion of restricted cellular immune responses to HIV-1 envelope by vaccination: IL-7 and IL-12 differentially augment cellular proliferative responses to HIV-1. Clin Exp Immunol. 1997;108:243-50 pubmed..Modification of restricted proliferative responses to Env by vaccination or cytokines in vitro suggests that strategies incorporating IL-7 or IL-12 as adjuvants may selectively boost cellular reactivity to HIV-1. ..
- Bikker A, Kruize A, Wenting M, Versnel M, Bijlsma J, Lafeber F, et al. Increased interleukin (IL)-7R? expression in salivary glands of patients with primary Sjogren's syndrome is restricted to T cells and correlates with IL-7 expression, lymphocyte numbers and activity. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:1027-33 pubmed publisher..Considering the immunostimulatory ability of IL-7R? T cells and IL-7, this suggests that IL-7(R)-dependent T cell-driven immune activation plays an important role in inflammation in pSS. ..
- Snyder K, Mackall C, Fry T. IL-7 in allogeneic transplant: clinical promise and potential pitfalls. Leuk Lymphoma. 2006;47:1222-8 pubmed..b>Interleukin 7 is a member of the gammac cytokine family that is required for T-cell development and maintenance of naïve T-..
- Michaud A, Dardari R, Charrier E, Cordeiro P, Herblot S, Duval M. IL-7 enhances survival of human CD56bright NK cells. J Immunother. 2010;33:382-90 pubmed publisher..These data should be taken into account when considering the clinical use of IL-7, particularly after stem cell transplantation...
- Stopak K, Chiu Y, Kropp J, Grant R, Greene W. Distinct patterns of cytokine regulation of APOBEC3G expression and activity in primary lymphocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3539-46 pubmed..Together, these results highlight the distinct inductive effects of select cytokines on A3G gene expression and A3G complex assembly that occur in natural cellular targets of HIV infection. ..
- Varas A, Sacedon R, Hidalgo L, Martínez V, Valencia J, Cejalvo T, et al. Interplay between BMP4 and IL-7 in human intrathymic precursor cells. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:4119-26 pubmed..Our results also demonstrate that in thymic progenitors BMPs act downstream of Sonic Hedgehog, previously described to function as a maintenance factor for human intrathymic CD34(+) precursor cells. ..
- Juffroy O, Bugault F, Lambotte O, Landires I, Viard J, Niel L, et al. Dual mechanism of impairment of interleukin-7 (IL-7) responses in human immunodeficiency virus infection: decreased IL-7 binding and abnormal activation of the JAK/STAT5 pathway. J Virol. 2010;84:96-108 pubmed publisher..Thus, HIV infection perturbs IL-7 responses at both receptor binding and signaling steps, which likely compromises the regenerative capacity of the CD4(+) T-cell pool and may contribute to CD4(+) T-cell depletion. ..
- Alahmad Y, Taverna M, Mobdi H, Duboeuf J, Grégoire A, Rancé I, et al. A validated capillary electrophoresis method to check for batch-to-batch consistency during recombinant human glycosylated interleukin-7 production campaigns. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2010;51:882-8 pubmed publisher..Finally the method was shown to provide reliable informations to address comparability studies and batch-to-batch consistency of biomanufactured rhIL-7. ..
- Bornschein S, Demeyer S, Stirparo R, Gielen O, Vicente C, Geerdens E, et al. Defining the molecular basis of oncogenic cooperation between TAL1 expression and Pten deletion in T-ALL using a novel pro-T cell model system. Leukemia. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Leukemia accepted article preview online, 20 November 2017. doi:10.1038/leu.2017.328...
- Zhang X, Tu H, Yang Y, Wan Q, Fang L, Wu Q, et al. High IL-7 levels in the bone marrow microenvironment mediate imatinib resistance and predict disease progression in chronic myeloid leukemia. Int J Hematol. 2016;104:358-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that therapeutic strategies IL-7 signaling pathway may represent a promising approach for improving CML therapy, especially for patients in blastic crisis. ..
- Heninger A, Theil A, Wilhelm C, Petzold C, Huebel N, Kretschmer K, et al. IL-7 abrogates suppressive activity of human CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ regulatory T cells and allows expansion of alloreactive and autoreactive T cells. J Immunol. 2012;189:5649-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, prolonged periods of homeostatic expansion can temporarily release natural regulatory brakes on T cells, thereby providing an additional mechanism for activating and expanding alloreactive and autoreactive T cells. ..
- Akashi K, Kondo M, von Freeden Jeffry U, Murray R, Weissman I. Bcl-2 rescues T lymphopoiesis in interleukin-7 receptor-deficient mice. Cell. 1997;89:1033-41 pubmed..We propose cell survival signals to be the principal function of IL-7R engagement in thymic and T cell development. ..
- Motylewska E, NieÄ‡ M, Siejka A, Komorowski J, Åawnicka H, ÅšwiÄ™tosÅ‚awski J, et al. Decreased serum level of IL-7 in patients with active Graves' disease. Cytokine. 2015;75:373-9 pubmed publisherGraves' disease (GD) is a common autoimmune disease which is one of the major causes of hyperthyroidism. Interleukin 7 (IL-7) has been recently reported to play an important role in various autoimmune diseases, but its role in the ..
- Yasui T, Uemura H, Hyodo S, Yamada M, Yamamoto S, Maegawa M, et al. Raloxifene reduces circulating levels of interleukin-7 and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in postmenopausal women. Atherosclerosis. 2009;204:471-5 pubmed publisher..Circulating levels of IL-7 and MCP-1 decrease in postmenopausal women who received raloxifene. ..
- Fleming H, Paige C. Pre-B cell receptor signaling mediates selective response to IL-7 at the pro-B to pre-B cell transition via an ERK/MAP kinase-dependent pathway. Immunity. 2001;15:521-31 pubmed..We propose a molecular mechanism for the selective expansion of pBCR(+) precursors and for the culling of inappropriately rearranged pro-B cells. ..
- Young C, Angel J. HIV infection of thymocytes inhibits IL-7 activity without altering CD127 expression. Retrovirology. 2011;8:72 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that HIV infection alters IL-7 responsiveness of thymocytes by a mechanism other than CD127 downregulation and potentially explain the disruption in thymopoiesis observed in HIV infection. ..
- White M, Mahon V, Grealy R, Doherty D, Stordeur P, Kelleher D, et al. Post-operative infection and sepsis in humans is associated with deficient gene expression of ?c cytokines and their apoptosis mediators. Crit Care. 2011;15:R158 pubmed publisher..Patients with infection and sepsis have deficient IL-2 and IL-7 gene expression in PBLs. Aberrant cytokine gene expression may precede the onset of infection. ..
- Lambeck A, Crijns A, Leffers N, Sluiter W, ten Hoor K, Braid M, et al. Serum cytokine profiling as a diagnostic and prognostic tool in ovarian cancer: a potential role for interleukin 7. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2385-91 pubmed..IL-7 levels were found to be strongly associated with ovarian cancer and could be used in combination with CA-125 to distinguish between malignant and benign ovarian tumors. ..
- Trubiani O, Isgro A, Zini N, Antonucci I, Aiuti F, Di Primio R, et al. Functional interleukin-7/interleukin-7Ralpha, and SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 are expressed by human periodontal ligament derived mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:706-13 pubmed..Our study provides evidence that in human PDL there is an accessible niche of MSCs showing the features of BM-derived MSCs. ..