Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL 23
Description: interleukin 23 subunit alpha
Alias: IL-23, IL-23A, IL23P19, P19, SGRF, interleukin-23 subunit alpha, IL-23 subunit alpha, IL-23-A, IL-23p19, JKA3 induced upon T-cell activation, interleukin 23 p19 subunit, interleukin 23, alpha subunit p19, interleukin-23 subunit p19, interleukin-six, G-CSF related factor
Products: IL 23
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Strange A, Capon F, Spencer C, Knight J, Weale M, Allen M, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies new psoriasis susceptibility loci and an interaction between HLA-C and ERAP1. Nat Genet. 2010;42:985-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate pathways that integrate epidermal barrier dysfunction with innate and adaptive immune dysregulation in psoriasis pathogenesis. ..
- Parham C, Chirica M, Timans J, Vaisberg E, Travis M, Cheung J, et al. A receptor for the heterodimeric cytokine IL-23 is composed of IL-12Rbeta1 and a novel cytokine receptor subunit, IL-23R. J Immunol. 2002;168:5699-708 pubmed..of the IL-12p40 "soluble receptor" subunit and a novel cytokine-like subunit related to IL-12p35, termed p19. Human and mouse IL-23 exhibit some activities similar to IL-12, but differ in their capacities to stimulate ..
- Stamp L, Easson A, Pettersson L, Highton J, Hessian P. Monocyte derived interleukin (IL)-23 is an important determinant of synovial IL-17A expression in rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:2403-8 pubmed publisher..IL-17 is not an absolute requirement in RA but may be important in amplifying the inflammatory response. Anti-IL23 therapies may have a role in those patients with IL-17A expression. ..
- Di Cesare A, Di Meglio P, Nestle F. The IL-23/Th17 axis in the immunopathogenesis of psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:1339-50 pubmed publisher..We further discuss recent clinical trials targeting the IL-23/Th17 axis in psoriasis. ..
- Fukuda M, Ehara M, Suzuki S, Ohmori Y, Sakashita H. IL-23 promotes growth and proliferation in human squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:1355-65 pubmedInterleukin (IL)-23 is a heterodimeric cytokine, comprising IL-12p40 and the cloned IL-23-specific p19 subunit, was identified as a cancer-associated cytokine in a recent study...
- Qian C, Jiang T, Zhang W, Ren C, Wang Q, Qin Q, et al. Increased IL-23 and IL-17 expression by peripheral blood cells of patients with primary biliary cirrhosis. Cytokine. 2013;64:172-80 pubmed publisher..Compared to a healthy control group, the mRNA expression levels of IL-23 p19, its corresponding receptor, IL-23R, and IL-17 in PBMC's from PBC patients were significantly increased, and these ..
- Lankford C, Frucht D. A unique role for IL-23 in promoting cellular immunity. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;73:49-56 pubmed..IL-23 is a heterodimer, comprising IL-12 p40 and the recently cloned IL-23-specific p19 subunit...
- Illes Z, Safrany E, Peterfalvi A, Magyari L, Farago B, Pozsonyi E, et al. 3'UTR C2370A allele of the IL-23 receptor gene is associated with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Neurosci Lett. 2008;431:36-8 pubmed publisher..072, 95% CI: 0.988-4.347, p<0.05). These data indicate that IL23R represents a novel shared susceptibility gene as its association with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) has recently been verified. ..
- Nair R, Duffin K, Helms C, Ding J, Stuart P, Goldgar D, et al. Genome-wide scan reveals association of psoriasis with IL-23 and NF-kappaB pathways. Nat Genet. 2009;41:199-204 pubmed publisher..Our results expand the catalog of genetic loci implicated in psoriasis susceptibility and suggest priority targets for study in other auto-immune disorders. ..
- Verreck F, De Boer T, Langenberg D, Hoeve M, Kramer M, Vaisberg E, et al. Human IL-23-producing type 1 macrophages promote but IL-10-producing type 2 macrophages subvert immunity to (myco)bacteria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:4560-5 pubmed..Importantly, Mphi-1 secreted high levels of IL-23 (p40/p19) but no IL-12 (p40/p35) after (myco)bacterial activation...
- Cargill M, Schrodi S, Chang M, Garcia V, Brandon R, Callis K, et al. A large-scale genetic association study confirms IL12B and leads to the identification of IL23R as psoriasis-risk genes. Am J Hum Genet. 2007;80:273-90 pubmed..These data, and the previous observation that administration of an antibody specific for the IL-12p40 subunit to patients with psoriasis is highly efficacious, suggest that these genes play a fundamental role in psoriasis pathogenesis. ..
- Oppmann B, Lesley R, Blom B, Timans J, Xu Y, Hunte B, et al. Novel p19 protein engages IL-12p40 to form a cytokine, IL-23, with biological activities similar as well as distinct from IL-12. Immunity. 2000;13:715-25 pubmed..This factor, which we term p19, shows no biological activity by itself; instead, it combines with the p40 subunit of IL-12 to form a novel, ..
- Li J, Zhang L, Zhang J, Wei Y, Li K, Huang L, et al. Interleukin 23 regulates proliferation of lung cancer cells in a concentration-dependent way in association with the interleukin-23 receptor. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:658-66 pubmed publisher..This can explain at least part of the inconsistent reports on the role of IL-23 in the progression of carcinogenesis. ..
- Li J, Lau G, Chen L, Yuan Y, Huang J, Luk J, et al. Interleukin 23 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis via NF-kappa B induced matrix metalloproteinase 9 expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46264 pubmed publisher..IL-23 could promote HCC metastasis by the upregulation of MMP9 expression via activating NF-?B/p65 signaling pathway. At the same time, IL-17A could further promote IL-23 expression in HCC tumor cells. ..
- Lo C, Lee S, Wu P, Pan W, Su J, Cheng C, et al. Antitumor and antimetastatic activity of IL-23. J Immunol. 2003;171:600-7 pubmed..The results showed that CD8(+) T cells, but not CD4(+) T cells or NK cells, were crucial for the antitumor activity of IL-23. ..
- Hoeve M, Savage N, De Boer T, Langenberg D, de Waal Malefyt R, Ottenhoff T, et al. Divergent effects of IL-12 and IL-23 on the production of IL-17 by human T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:661-70 pubmed..IL-23, an IL-12p40/p19 heterodimeric protein, binds to IL-12Rbeta1/IL-23R receptor complexes...
- Langowski J, Zhang X, Wu L, Mattson J, Chen T, Smith K, et al. IL-23 promotes tumour incidence and growth. Nature. 2006;442:461-5 pubmed..We show that IL-23 is an important molecular link between tumour-promoting pro-inflammatory processes and the failure of the adaptive immune surveillance to infiltrate tumours. ..
- Wong C, Lit L, Tam L, Li E, Wong P, Lam C. Hyperproduction of IL-23 and IL-17 in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: implications for Th17-mediated inflammation in auto-immunity. Clin Immunol. 2008;127:385-93 pubmed publisher..05). Ex vivo inductions of IL-17 by IL-23 or IL-18 from co-stimulated lymphocytes were significantly higher in SLE patients than controls (all p<0.05). The activated IL-23/IL-17 axis is important for the inflammatory immunity in SLE. ..
- Xia L, Tian D, Huang W, Zhu H, Wang J, Zhang Y, et al. Upregulation of IL-23 expression in patients with chronic hepatitis B is mediated by the HBx/ERK/NF-?B pathway. J Immunol. 2012;188:753-64 pubmed publisher..It also aided in the nuclear translocation of NF-?B, which directly bound to the promoters of IL-23 subunits p19 and p40 to facilitate their transcription...
- Tang Y, Reissig S, Glasmacher E, Regen T, Wanke F, Nikolaev A, et al. Alternative Splice Forms of CYLD Mediate Ubiquitination of SMAD7 to Prevent TGFB Signaling and Promote Colitis. Gastroenterology. 2019;156:692-707.e7 pubmed publisher..sCYLD mediates ubiquitination and nuclear translocation of SMAD7 and thereby decreases transforming growth factor β signaling in T cells. This prevents immune regulatory mechanisms and leads to colitis in mice. ..
- Kim D, Yu J, Mui R, Niibori R, Taufique H, Aslam R, et al. The tyrosine kinase receptor Tyro3 enhances lifespan and neuropeptide Y (Npy) neuron survival in the mouse anorexia (anx) mutation. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:581-595 pubmed publisher..the anx mutation, and its mRNA localization appeared abnormal in anx/anx brains by postnatal day 19 (P19)...
- Chen J, Li H, Yang J, Zhan R, Chen A, Yan Y. Prevalence and Characterization of Integrons in Multidrug Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in Eastern China: A Multiple-Hospital Study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12:10093-105 pubmed publisher..05). PFGE assay revealed 27 PFGE genotypes and 4 predominant genotypes, P1, P4, P7 and P19. The PFGE genotype P1 contained 13 extensive-drug resistant and 89 non-extensive-drug resistant A...
- Fu Q, Liu Y, Liu X, Zhang Q, Chen L, Peng J, et al. Engrafted peripheral blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote locomotive recovery in adult rats after spinal cord injury. Am J Transl Res. 2017;9:3950-3966 pubmed
- Wong S, Zhao L, Zhang X, Nakatsu G, Han J, Xu W, et al. Gavage of Fecal Samples From Patients With Colorectal CancerÂ Promotes Intestinal Carcinogenesis in Germ-Free andÂ Conventional Mice. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:1621-1633.e6 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that the fecal microbiota from patients with CRC can promote tumorigenesis in germ-free mice and mice given a carcinogen. ..
- Park J, Kim Y, Park B, Bae J, Shin H, Bae S. Lack of association between interleukin 23 receptor gene polymorphisms and rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility. Rheumatol Int. 2009;29:781-6 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we conclude that IL23R gene polymorphisms cannot be applied as an effective genetic marker for RA susceptibility. ..
- Cheng J, Ding Q, Wang J, Deng L, Yang L, Tao L, et al. 5-Azacytidine delivered by mesoporous silica nanoparticles regulates the differentiation of P19 cells into cardiomyocytes. Nanoscale. 2016;8:2011-21 pubmed publisher..based on a sol-gel method (known as StÃ¶ber's method) as a drug delivery platform to transport 5-azacytidine in P19 embryonic carcinoma stem cells...
- Yu J, Zhu L, Xia S, Li H, Tang Y, Liang X, et al. Combinatorial optimization of CO2 transport and fixation to improve succinate production by promoter engineering. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2016;113:1531-41 pubmed publisher..Co-expression of sbtA, bicA, and ppc with weak promoter P4 and pck with strong promoter P19 (AFP111/pT-P4 -bicA-P4 -sbtAâ€‰+â€‰pACYC-P19 -pck-P4 -ppc) provided the best succinate production among ..
- Kobayashi T. Expression and Regulation of Tal2 during Neuronal Differentiation in P19 Cells. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2017;137:61-71 pubmed publisher..We found that Tal2 was induced during neural differentiation in P19 cells, which are pluripotent mouse embryonal carcinoma cells that differentiate into the neural lineage upon both ..
- Menon R, Boldogh I, Urrabaz Garza R, Polettini J, Syed T, Saade G, et al. Senescence of primary amniotic cells via oxidative DNA damage. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83416 pubmed publisher..and post-translational modification of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase (ASK1), phospho-p38 (P-p38 MAPK), and p19(arf). Expression of senescence-associated Î²-galectosidase (SAÎ²-gal) was used to confirm cell ageing in situ...
- An S, Chen Y, Gao C, Qin B, Du X, Meng F, et al. Inactivation of INK4a and ARF induces myocardial proliferation and improves cardiac repair following ischemiaâ€‘reperfusion. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:5911-6 pubmed publisher..kinase inhibitor 2A (Cdkn2a) locus encodes overlapping genes for two tumor suppressor proteins, p16INK4a and p19 alternative reading frame (ARF)...
- Zaky D, El Nahrery E. Role of interleukin-23 as a biomarker in rheumatoid arthritis patients and its correlation with disease activity. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;31:105-8 pubmed publisher..Targeting the IL-23 cytokine may provide a new therapeutic approach in the treatment of RA. ..
- Crookenden M, Walker C, Heiser A, Murray A, Dukkipati V, Kay J, et al. Effects of precalving body condition and prepartum feeding level on gene expression in circulating neutrophils. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:2310-2322 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that precalving body condition and changes in prepartum energy lead to altered gene expression of circulating neutrophils, highlighting the importance of transition cow nutrition for peripartum health. ..
- Onderak A, Anderson J. Loss of the RNA helicase SKIV2L2 impairs mitotic progression and replication-dependent histone mRNA turnover in murine cell lines. RNA. 2017;23:910-926 pubmed publisher..the phenotype associated with RNAi knockdown of Skiv2l2 in two murine cancer cell lines: Neuro2A and P19. SKIV2L2 depletion in Neuro2A and P19 cells induced changes in gene expression indicative of cell differentiation ..
- Forrest C, Mackay G, Stoy N, Spiden S, Taylor R, Stone T, et al. Blood levels of kynurenines, interleukin-23 and soluble human leucocyte antigen-G at different stages of Huntington's disease. J Neurochem. 2010;112:112-22 pubmed publisher..The results support the proposal that tryptophan metabolism along the kynurenine pathway in Huntington's disease is related to the degree of genetic abnormality, to clinical disease severity and to aspects of immunopathogenesis. ..
- Andersen T, Rasmussen T, Hvid M, Holm C, Madsen K, Jurik A, et al. Increased plasma levels of IL-21 and IL-23 in spondyloarthritis are not associated with clinical and MRI findings. Rheumatol Int. 2012;32:387-93 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrate that the plasma levels of the Th17-related cytokines IL-21 and IL-23, but not IL-17A, are increased in SpA patients, but we did not find evidence that the level of these cytokines reflect disease activity in SpA. ..
- Kubin M, Kokkonen N, Palatsi R, Hägg P, Väyrynen J, Glumoff V, et al. Clinical Efficiency of Topical Calcipotriol/Betamethasone Treatment in Psoriasis Relies on Suppression of the Inflammatory TNF? - IL-23 - IL-17 Axis. Acta Derm Venereol. 2017;97:449-455 pubmed publisher..Glucocorticoid receptors GR? and GRß were expressed in psoriatic skin. In conclusion, calcipotriol increases the immunosuppressive power of betamethasone by suppressing the inflammatory TNF-? - IL-23 - IL-17 axis. ..
- Kitada S, Kayama H, Okuzaki D, Koga R, Kobayashi M, Arima Y, et al. BATF2 inhibits immunopathological Th17 responses by suppressing Il23a expression during Trypanosoma cruzi infection. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1313-1331 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that IFN-?-inducible BATF2 in innate immune cells controls Th17-mediated immunopathology by suppressing IL-23 production during T. cruzi infection. ..
- van de Vosse E, Lichtenauer Kaligis E, van Dissel J, Ottenhoff T. Genetic variations in the interleukin-12/interleukin-23 receptor (beta1) chain, and implications for IL-12 and IL-23 receptor structure and function. Immunogenetics. 2003;54:817-29 pubmed..Based on these analyses, we propose an integrated model of IL-12Rbeta1 structure and function. This significantly enhances our molecular understanding of the human IL-12 and IL-23 systems. ..
- Ferguson R, Serafeimidou Pouliou E, Subramanian V. Dynamic expression of the mouse orthologue of the human amyotropic lateral sclerosis associated gene C9orf72 during central nervous system development and neuronal differentiation. J Anat. 2016;229:871-891 pubmed publisher..protein in the embryonic, postnatal and adult mouse brain, spinal cord as well as during the differentiation of P19 embryonal carcinoma cells to neurons including motor neurons...
- Puksasook T, Kimura S, Tadtong S, Jiaranaikulwanitch J, Pratuangdejkul J, Kitphati W, et al. Semisynthesis and biological evaluation of prenylated resveratrol derivatives as multi-targeted agents for Alzheimer's disease. J Nat Med. 2017;71:665-682 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this compound showed no neurotoxicity along with a greater ability to inhibit oxidative stress on P19-derived neuronal cells (50.59% cell viability at 1 nM)...
- Liu Y, Liu Z, Lu X, Gao Q, Cui Y. [The expression of IL-23 in nasal mucosa of allergic rhinitis patients and its significance]. Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2010;24:638-40 pubmed..01). IL-23 may contribute to the chronic inflammation and airway remodelling in allergic rhinitis. ..
- Shainheit M, Lasocki K, Finger E, Larkin B, Smith P, Sharpe A, et al. The pathogenic Th17 cell response to major schistosome egg antigen is sequentially dependent on IL-23 and IL-1?. J Immunol. 2011;187:5328-35 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the IL-23-IL-1-IL-17 axis has a central role in the development of severe schistosome egg-induced immunopathology. ..
- Park Y, Kim Y, Jung Y, Lee S, Lee Y, Bang J, et al. Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide regulates interleukin (IL)-17 and IL-23 expression via SIRT1 modulation in human periodontal ligament cells. Cytokine. 2012;60:284-93 pubmed publisher..gingivalis LPS is implicated in periodontal disease bone destruction and may mediate IL-17 and IL-23 release from hPDLCs. This process is dependent, at least in part, on SIRT1-Akt/PI3K-MAPK-NF-?B signaling...
- Baek K, Ryeom S. Detection of Oncogene-Induced Senescence In Vivo. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1534:185-198 pubmed..adenomas including the detection of senescence-associated beta-galactosidase, expression of the tumor suppressor p19ARF, the presence of senescence-associated heterochromatin foci, and in vivo BrdU uptake to confirm cell ..
- Wei T, Du D, Wang Z, Zhang W, Lin Y, Dai Z. Rapid and sensitive detection of microRNA via the capture of fluorescent dyes-loaded albumin nanoparticles around functionalized magnetic beads. Biosens Bioelectron. 2017;94:56-62 pubmed publisher..Benefited from the reactive functional groups-carboxyl groups of Alb NPs, p19 protein, a viral protein that can bind and sequester short RNA duplex effectively and selectively, was modified ..
- Carmody R, Ruan Q, Liou H, Chen Y. Essential roles of c-Rel in TLR-induced IL-23 p19 gene expression in dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:186-91 pubmed..deficient in c-Rel, a member of the NF-kappaB family, are severely compromised in their ability to transcribe the p19 gene, one of the two genes that encode the IL-23 protein...
- Bowes J, Orozco G, Flynn E, Ho P, Brier R, Marzo Ortega H, et al. Confirmation of TNIP1 and IL23A as susceptibility loci for psoriatic arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011;70:1641-4 pubmed publisher..SNPs mapping to previously reported psoriasis loci show evidence for association to PSA, thus supporting the hypothesis that the genetic aetiology of skin involvement is the same in both PsA and psoriasis. ..
- Manuzak J, Dillon S, Lee E, Dong Z, Hecht D, Wilson C. Increased Escherichia coli-induced interleukin-23 production by CD16+ monocytes correlates with systemic immune activation in untreated HIV-1-infected individuals. J Virol. 2013;87:13252-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that IL-23 produced by CD16(+) monocytes in response to microbial stimulation may contribute to systemic immune activation in HIV-1-infected individuals. ..
- Papaconstantinou J, Wang C, Zhang M, Yang S, DeFord J, Bulavin D, et al. Attenuation of p38Î± MAPK stress response signaling delays the in vivo aging of skeletal muscle myofibers and progenitor cells. Aging (Albany NY). 2015;7:718-33 pubmed..dehydrogenase 1A (ALDH1A1), and aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2); b) attenuated expression of p16(Ink4a) and p19(Arf) tumor suppressor genes of the Cdkn2a locus; c) decreased levels of hydroxynonenal protein adducts, expression ..
- Yiu Z, Warren R. Guselkumab for psoriasis: a critical appraisal of Phase III studies. Immunotherapy. 2018;10:67-75 pubmed publisher..Guselkumab is an IgG1 monoclonal antibody that binds to the p19 subunit and inhibits IL-23...
- Farago B, Magyari L, Safrany E, Csongei V, Jaromi L, Horvatovich K, et al. Functional variants of interleukin-23 receptor gene confer risk for rheumatoid arthritis but not for systemic sclerosis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008;67:248-50 pubmed..The data reported here provide direct evidence that some allelic variants or haplogroups of IL-23R represent independent risk factors for rheumatoid arthritis as well as Crohn's disease, but not for scleroderma. ..
- Nojehdehian H, Moztarzadeh F, Baharvand H, Mehrjerdi N, Nazarian H, Tahriri M. Effect of poly-L-lysine coating on retinoic acid-loaded PLGA microspheres in the differentiation of carcinoma stem cells into neural cells. Int J Artif Organs. 2010;33:721-30 pubmed..Some microspheres were coated with poly-L-lysine (an extracellular matrix (ECM) component), and then pluripotent P19 embryonic carcinoma cells were seeded on them...
- Matousek J, Kocábek T, Patzak J, Bríza J, Siglová K, Mishra A, et al. The "putative" role of transcription factors from HlWRKY family in the regulation of the final steps of prenylflavonid and bitter acids biosynthesis in hop (Humulus lupulus L.). Plant Mol Biol. 2016;92:263-77 pubmed publisher..When combined with co-factor HlWDR1 and silencing suppressor p19, HlWRKY1 is able to enhance transient expression of gus gene driven by Omt1 and Chs_H1 promoters to significant ..
- Shirzad H, Esmaeili F, Bakhshalizadeh S, Ebrahimie M, Ebrahimie E. Production of stable GFP-expressing neural cells from P19 embryonal carcinoma stem cells. Mol Cell Probes. 2017;32:46-54 pubmed publisherMurine P19 embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells are convenient to differentiate into all germ layer derivatives. One of the advantages of P19 cells is that the exogenous DNA can be easily inserted into them...
- Meng Q, Wu S, Wang Y, Xu J, Sun H, Lu R, et al. MPO Promoter Polymorphism rs2333227 Enhances Malignant Phenotypes of Colorectal Cancer by Altering the Binding Affinity of AP-2?. Cancer Res. 2018;78:2760-2769 pubmed publisher..b>Significance: MPO polymorphisms are a guide for high risk and poor prognosis in patients colorectal cancer. Cancer Res; 78(10); 2760-9. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Hou S, Liao D, Zhang J, Fang J, Chen L, Qi J, et al. Genetic variations of IL17F and IL23A show associations with BehÃ§et's disease and Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome. Ophthalmology. 2015;122:518-23 pubmed publisher..67Ã—10(-3)). High gene copy numbers of IL17F and IL23A were associated with BD and VKH syndrome. Enhanced IL17F protein production and PBMC proliferation were associated with high IL17F copy numbers. ..
- Schnurr M, Toy T, Shin A, Wagner M, Cebon J, Maraskovsky E. Extracellular nucleotide signaling by P2 receptors inhibits IL-12 and enhances IL-23 expression in human dendritic cells: a novel role for the cAMP pathway. Blood. 2005;105:1582-9 pubmed..These studies identify P2 receptors as promising targets for the design of novel strategies to manipulate specific stages of T-cell responses and to treat IL-12- and IL-23-mediated disorders. ..
- Dionne S, Calderon M, White J, Memari B, Elimrani I, Adelson B, et al. Differential effect of vitamin D on NOD2- and TLR-induced cytokines in Crohn's disease. Mucosal Immunol. 2014;7:1405-15 pubmed publisher..Our in vitro data support 1,25D as a potential modulator of immunity. However, these results cannot be extrapolated to CD patients without further controlled studies. ..
- Tonini A, Gualtieri B, Panduri S, Romanelli M, Chiricozzi A. A new class of biologic agents facing the therapeutic paradigm in psoriasis: anti-IL-23 agents. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2017;:1-14 pubmed publisher..Areas covered: This review is aimed at collecting preliminary data on IL23p19 blockers developed for the treatment of plaque psoriasis...
- Schlapbach C, Hänni T, Yawalkar N, Hunger R. Expression of the IL-23/Th17 pathway in lesions of hidradenitis suppurativa. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011;65:790-798 pubmed publisher..Moreover, targeting the IL-12/IL-23-common subunit p40 with novel monoclonal antibodies may represent a new option for the treatment of this recalcitrant disease. ..
- Du J, Li Z, Shi J, Bi L. Associations between serum interleukin-23 levels and clinical characteristics in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Int Med Res. 2014;42:1123-30 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that IL-23 may play an important role in SLE pathogenesis, and that the IL-17/IL-23 ratio may be useful biomarker for active disease. ..
- O Connell K, Thakore J, Dev K. Increased interleukin 23 (IL23) levels in schizophrenia patients treated with depot antipsychotic medication. Cytokine. 2015;73:196-8 pubmed publisher..IL23 levels are raised in schizophrenia patients prescribed with depot medication, supporting the role of aberrant cytokine signalling in schizophrenia. ..
- Benson J, Sachs C, Treacy G, Zhou H, Pendley C, Brodmerkel C, et al. Therapeutic targeting of the IL-12/23 pathways: generation and characterization of ustekinumab. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:615-24 pubmed publisher..The individual contributions of these cytokines to specific pathologies require investigation and clinical evaluation of the role of IL-12- and IL-23-specific inhibitors. ..
- Chiricozzi A, Saraceno R, Chimenti M, Guttman Yassky E, Krueger J. Role of IL-23 in the pathogenesis of psoriasis: a novel potential therapeutic target?. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2014;18:513-25 pubmed publisher..Targeting IL-23 might be a more selective, valid and effective therapeutic approach, which, potentially, may show important advantages in terms of long-term efficacy and safety in the treatment of psoriasis. ..
- Asaka M, Uranishi K, Suzuki A, Hirasaki M, Nishimoto M, Okuda A. Link between embryonic stem cell pluripotency and homologous allelic pairing of Oct4 loci. Dev Growth Differ. 2017;59:639-647 pubmed publisher..Although the differentiation capacity of embryonal carcinoma cells (ECCs), such as F9 and P19 ECC lines, is severely restricted compared with ESCs, ECCs bear a highly similar expression profile to that of ESCs ..
- Shukla S, Shukla S, Khan R, Ahuja A, Singh L, Kamble N, et al. Pathway analysis of differentially expressed genes in Mycobacterium bovis challenged bovine macrophages. Microb Pathog. 2018;115:343-352 pubmed publisher..It will guide future studies, regarding the complex macrophage specific signalling pathways stimulated upon phagocytosis of M. bovis and role of signalling pathways in creating the host immune response to cattle tuberculosis. ..
- Cornelissen F, van Hamburg J, Lubberts E. The IL-12/IL-23 axis and its role in Th17 cell development, pathology and plasticity in arthritis. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2009;10:452-62 pubmed..Interestingly, Th1 and Th17 cells both may have unique pathogenic potential, and the recent insights into T-cell plasticity may change the understanding of the role of T-cell subsets in chronic autoimmune diseases. ..
- Cowardin C, Kuehne S, Buonomo E, Marie C, Minton N, Petri W. Inflammasome activation contributes to interleukin-23 production in response to Clostridium difficile. MBio. 2015;6: pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that IL-1β signaling enhances IL-23 production and could lead to increased pathogenic inflammation during CDI. ..
- Dauch D, Rudalska R, Cossa G, Nault J, Kang T, Wuestefeld T, et al. A MYC-aurora kinase A protein complex represents an actionable drug target in p53-altered liver cancer. Nat Med. 2016;22:744-53 pubmed publisher..tumor cells to overcome a latent G2/M cell cycle arrest that is mediated by AURKA and the tumor suppressor protein p19(ARF)...
- Leelarungrayub J, Laskin J, Bloomer R, Pinkaew D. Consumption of star fruit juice on pro-inflammatory markers and walking distance in the community dwelling elderly. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2016;64:6-12 pubmed publisher..Low TNF-Î± and high NO also present a significant correlation to walking capacity in elderly individuals. ..
- Alyasin S, Amin R, Fazel A, Karimi M, Nabavizadeh S, Esmaeilzadeh H, et al. IL-23 Gene and Protein Expression in Childhood Asthma. Iran J Immunol. 2017;14:73-80 pubmed publisher..002). For pre-school children with history and physical exam in favor of asthma which cannot be tested by spirometry, IL-23 serum levels may be an auxiliary biomarker for the diagnosis of asthma. ..
- Mieliauskaite D, Dumalakiene I, Rugiene R, Mackiewicz Z. Expression of IL-17, IL-23 and their receptors in minor salivary glands of patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome. Clin Dev Immunol. 2012;2012:187258 pubmed publisher..We did not find correlation between the expression of IL-17 and IL-23 and of IL-17R and IL-23R in patients with pSS. These results demonstrate an involvement of IL-17/-23 system in the early pSS pathogenesis. ..
- Pouralibaba F, Babaloo Z, Pakdel F, Abdollahian T, Pourzare S. Elevated levels of interleukin-23 in sera of patients with pemphigus vulgaris. Iran J Immunol. 2012;9:261-5 pubmed publisher..1 ± 4.2 and 17.9 ± 4.7 pg/ml, respectively (p<0.05). Based on the findings of this study, serum levels of IL-23 were higher in patients with pemphigus in comparison to healthy individuals with no clinical significance. ..
- Välimäki E, Aittomaki S, Karenko L, Kantonen J, Pettersson T, Turunen U, et al. Normal inflammasome activation and low production of IL-23 by monocyte-derived macrophages from subjects with a history of reactive arthritis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2013;42:294-8 pubmed publisher..This low cytokine production may impair bacterial elimination and thereby contribute to the triggering of ReA. ..
- Girolomoni G, Strohal R, Puig L, Bachelez H, Barker J, Boehncke W, et al. The role of IL-23 and the IL-23/TH 17 immune axis in the pathogenesis and treatment of psoriasis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2017;31:1616-1626 pubmed publisher..Central to this pathway is the cytokine IL-23, a heterodimer composed of a p40 subunit also found in IL-12 and a p19 subunit exclusive to IL-23...
- Paidipally P, Periasamy S, Barnes P, Dhiman R, Indramohan M, Griffith D, et al. NKG2D-dependent IL-17 production by human T cells in response to an intracellular pathogen. J Immunol. 2009;183:1940-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that binding of NKG2D to UL-16 binding protein (ULB)1 contributes to IL-23-dependent IL-17 production by CD4(+) cells in human M. tuberculosis infection. ..
- Stanilov N, Miteva L, Dobreva Z, Jovchev J, Cirovski G, Stanilova S. Monocytes expression of IL-12 related and IL-10 genes in association with development of colorectal cancer. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:10895-902 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that altered gene expression profiles of IL-12A, IL-12B, IL-23A at mRNA level in CRC monocytes was associated with tumor development and can be attributed to anticancer immune response. ..
- Baird A, Leonard J, Naicker K, Kilmartin L, O Byrne K, Gray S. IL-23 is pro-proliferative, epigenetically regulated and modulated by chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2013;79:83-90 pubmed publisher..Recombinant IL-23 significantly increased cellular proliferation in NSCLC cell lines. These results may therefore have important implications for treating NSCLC patients with either epigenetic targeted therapies or Gemcitabine. ..
- Pratt M, Langston A, Gudas L, McBurney M. Retinoic acid fails to induce expression of Hox genes in differentiation-defective murine embryonal carcinoma cells carrying a mutant gene for alpha retinoic acid receptor. Differentiation. 1993;53:105-13 pubmedMurine P19 embryonal carcinoma cells irreversibly differentiate into neuroectoderm following brief exposure to retinoic acid (RA)...
- Goldberg M, Nadiv O, Luknar Gabor N, Agar G, Beer Y, Katz Y. Synergism between tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin-17 to induce IL-23 p19 expression in fibroblast-like synoviocytes. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1854-9 pubmed publisher..Specific mRNA expression of IL-23 p19 was quantitated by real-time PCR and its protein by immunoprecipitation...
- Uz Y, Murk W, Yetkin C, Kayisli U, Arici A. Expression and role of interleukin-23 in human endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle and early pregnancy. J Reprod Immunol. 2010;87:21-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a possible regulatory role for IL-23 in the menstrual cycle and in early pregnancy, although the extent and function of this role are yet to be determined. ..
- Stanilov N, Miteva L, Jovchev J, Cirovski G, Stanilova S. The prognostic value of preoperative serum levels of IL-12p40 and IL-23 for survival of patients with colorectal cancer. APMIS. 2014;122:1223-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we believe that our findings show clinical significance of the preoperative serum concentration for IL-12p40 and provide an additional prognostic biomarker for CRC survival. ..
- Hu W, Chen H, Yen S, Huang H, Hsiao C, Chuang J. Increased expression of interleukin-23 associated with progression of colorectal cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2017;115:208-212 pubmed publisher..865, P?=?0.041). Elevated IL-23 expression was associated with poor outcome and can be used as a prognostic biomarker for colorectal cancer. J. Surg. Oncol. 2017;115:208-212. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- David A, Saitta S, De Caridi G, Benedetto F, Massara M, Risitano D, et al. Interleukin-23 serum levels in patients affected by peripheral arterial disease. Clin Biochem. 2012;45:275-8 pubmed publisher..8.08 ± 8.62 pg ml, p=0.026), T1 (16.10 ± 23.71 vs. 8.08 ± 8.62 pg/ml, p=0.101), T2 (15.06 ± 16.72 vs. 8.08 ± 8.62 pg/ml, p=0.005). For the first time, our data gives us reason to believe there is an involvement of IL-23 in PAD. ..
- Liu X, Li M, Peng Y, Hu X, Xu J, Zhu S, et al. miR-30c regulates proliferation, apoptosis and differentiation via the Shh signaling pathway in P19 cells. Exp Mol Med. 2016;48:e248 pubmed publisher..miR-30c was overexpressed or knocked down in P19 cells, a myocardial cell model that is widely used to study cardiogenesis...
- Kroening P, Barnes T, Pease L, Limper A, Kita H, Vassallo R. Cigarette smoke-induced oxidative stress suppresses generation of dendritic cell IL-12 and IL-23 through ERK-dependent pathways. J Immunol. 2008;181:1536-47 pubmed..Some of the cigarette smoke-induced inhibitory effects on DC function may be mitigated by antioxidants. ..