Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL 17F
Description: interleukin 17F
Alias: CANDF6, IL-17F, ML-1, ML1, interleukin-17F, cytokine ML-1
Products: IL 17F
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Klemann C, SchrÃ¶der A, Dreier A, MÃ¶hn N, Dippel S, Winterberg T, et al. Interleukin 17, Produced by Î³Î´ T Cells, Contributes to Hepatic Inflammation in a Mouse Model of Biliary Atresia and Is Increased in Livers of Patients. Gastroenterology. 2016;150:229-241.e5 pubmed publisher..IL17 is up-regulated in liver tissues from patients with BA, compared with controls, and might serve as a therapeutic target. ..
- van Hamburg J, Tas S. Molecular mechanisms underpinning T helper 17 cell heterogeneity and functions in rheumatoid arthritis. J Autoimmun. 2018;87:69-81 pubmed publisher..Understanding these mechanisms creates great potential to identify and select novel therapeutic targets which could improve current therapies or lead to development of new treatment strategies in RA. ..
- Liu Z, Cao W, Xu L, Chen X, Zhan Y, Yang Q, et al. The histone H3 lysine-27 demethylase Jmjd3 plays a critical role in specific regulation of Th17 cell differentiation. J Mol Cell Biol. 2015;7:505-16 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our studies established a critical role of Jmjd3-mediated H3K27 demethylation in Th17 cell differentiation and suggest that Jmjd3 can be a novel therapeutic target for suppressing autoimmune responses. ..
- Zhang S, Liu X, Mei L, Wang H, Fang F. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) inhibits imiquimod-induced psoriasis-like inflammation of BALB/c mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:334 pubmed publisher..All the results demonstrated that EGCG had anti-inflammatory, immune regulatory and antioxidant effects. It is a promising intervention in psoriasis in the future. ..
- Romanowski M, Domanski L, Pawlik A, Osekowska B, Dziedziejko V, Safranow K, et al. Interleukin-17 gene polymorphisms in patients with post-transplant diabetes mellitus. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:3152-6 pubmed..The results of this study suggest an association between the IL17F rs763780 polymorphism and post-transplant diabetes. ..
- Dong C, Virtucio C, Zemska O, Baltazar G, Zhou Y, Baía D, et al. Treatment of Skin Inflammation with Benzoxaborole Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors: Selectivity, Cellular Activity, and Effect on Cytokines Associated with Skin Inflammation and Skin Architecture Changes. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2016;358:413-22 pubmed publisher..By contrast, repeated application of compd3 did not thin mouse skin. These findings show the potential benefits and safety of benzoxaborole PDE4 inhibitors for the treatment of psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang D, Gao W, Yan J, Zhou W, Hou X, et al. Lack of IL-17 signaling decreases liver fibrosis in murine schistosomiasis japonica. Int Immunol. 2015;27:317-25 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the Th2 response was also enhanced by IL-17A signals. Our data demonstrate that IL-17A may serve as a promising target for antifibrotic therapy. ..
- Tanaka S, Nagashima H, Cruz M, Uchida T, Uotani T, JimÃ©nez Abreu J, et al. Interleukin-17C in Human Helicobacter pylori Gastritis. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, H. pylori infection was associated with a significant increase in IL-17C expression in human gastric mucosa. The role of IL-17C in the pathogenesis of H. pylori-induced diseases remains to be determined. ..
- Yu H, Zeng R, Lin Y, Li X, Tasneem S, Yang Z, et al. Kadsura heteroclita stem suppresses the onset and progression of adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats. Phytomedicine. 2019;58:152876 pubmed publisher..This study strongly supports identification and isolation of active fractions of KHS which would be a potential candidate for further investigation as a new anti-arthritic botanical drug. ..
- Shibue Y, Kimura S, Kajiwara C, Iwakura Y, Yamaguchi K, Tateda K. Role of interleukin-17 in a murine community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia model. Microbes Infect. 2019;21:33-39 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed that G-CSF expression significantly increased, and significant neutrophilic inflammation occurred under conditions of IL-17A deficiency in the murine CA-MRSA pneumonia model. ..
- Gokyu M, Kobayashi H, Nanbara H, Sudo T, Ikeda Y, Suda T, et al. Thrombospondin-1 production is enhanced by Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide in THP-1 cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e115107 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that modulation of TSP-1 expression by P. gingivalis plays an important role in the progression and chronicity of periodontitis. It may also contribute a new target molecule for periodontal therapy. ..
- Pham D, Sehra S, Sun X, Kaplan M. The transcription factor Etv5 controls TH17 cell development and allergic airway inflammation. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;134:204-14 pubmed publisher..These data define signal transducer and activator of transcription 3-dependent feed-forward control of TH17 cytokine production and a novel role for Etv5 in promoting T cell-dependent airway inflammation. ..
- Borilova Linhartova P, Kastovsky J, Lucanova S, Bartova J, Poskerova H, Vokurka J, et al. Interleukin-17A Gene Variability in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Chronic Periodontitis: Its Correlation with IL-17 Levels and the Occurrence of Periodontopathic Bacteria. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:2979846 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated the functional relevance of the IL-17A polymorphism with higher IL-17 secretion in individuals with A allele. ..
- Trautwein Weidner K, Gladiator A, Nur S, Diethelm P, LeibundGut Landmann S. IL-17-mediated antifungal defense in the oral mucosa is independent of neutrophils. Mucosal Immunol. 2015;8:221-31 pubmed publisher..albicans. ..
- Cheng H, Chen F, Li C, Lo H, Liao Y, Ho T, et al. Oral Administration of Vanillin Improves Imiquimod-Induced Psoriatic Skin Inflammation in Mice. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Moreover, the downregulation of IL-23 and IL-17 expression suggested that vanillin was a novel regulator of the IL-23/IL-17 axis...
- Nanduri R, Mahajan S, Bhagyaraj E, Sethi K, Kalra R, Chandra V, et al. The Active Form of Vitamin D Transcriptionally Represses Smad7 Signaling and Activates Extracellular Signal-regulated Kinase (ERK) to Inhibit the Differentiation of a Inflammatory T Helper Cell Subset and Suppress Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomye. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:12222-36 pubmed publisher..The above canonical and non-canonical pathways in part address the ability of 1,25(OH)2D3-VDR to inhibit EAE. ..
- Malik K, He H, Huynh T, Tran G, Mueller K, Doytcheva K, et al. Ichthyosis molecular fingerprinting shows profound TH17 skewing and a unique barrier genomic signature. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2019;143:604-618 pubmed publisher..These data support the testing of IL-17/IL-36-targeted therapeutics for patients with ichthyosis similar to those used in patients with psoriasis. ..
- Bodeman C, Dzierlenga A, Tally C, Mulligan R, Lake A, Cherrington N, et al. Differential regulation of hepatic organic cation transporter 1, organic anion-transporting polypeptide 1a4, bile-salt export pump, and multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 transporter expression in lymphocyte-deficient mice associates with inte. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;347:136-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data implicate lymphocytes as regulators of basal and inflammatory hepatic transporter expression and suggest that IL-6 signaling may play a critical role. ..
- Nalbant A, Eskier D. Genes associated with T helper 17 cell differentiation and function. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2016;8:427-35 pubmed..This review covers the general principles of CD4 T helper differentiation and the known transcription factors that play a role in the recently discovered Th17 cells. ..
- Al Yahya S, Mahmoud L, Al Zoghaibi F, Al Tuhami A, Amer H, Almajhdi F, et al. Human Cytokinome Analysis for Interferon Response. J Virol. 2015;89:7108-19 pubmed publisher..Knowing these interactions not only helps our understanding of immunity to viruses and emerging diseases, but can also lead to devising possible new therapeutics by enhancing the mediator of antiviral action itself, IFN. ..
- Ren W, Wu Z, Ma R, Liu Z, Wang Y, Wu L, et al. Polymorphisms in the IL-17 Gene (rs2275913 and rs763780) Are Associated with Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the Han Chinese Population. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2017;21:286-291 pubmed publisher..Larger-scale, multiracial studies are necessary to evaluate the role of IL-17 polymorphisms in relation to an enhanced risk of HBV infection. ..
- Puig L. Brodalumab: the first anti-IL-17 receptor agent for psoriasis. Drugs Today (Barc). 2017;53:283-297 pubmed publisher..S. with a black box warning and a risk-management program regarding suicidal issues. Blocking IL-17RA provides a highly efficacious therapeutic alternative for moderate to severe psoriasis with a satisfactory safety profile. ..
- Karaś K, Sałkowska A, Walczak Drzewiecka A, Ryba K, Dastych J, Bachorz R, et al. The cardenolides strophanthidin, digoxigenin and dihydroouabain act as activators of the human ROR?/ROR?T receptors. Toxicol Lett. 2018;295:314-324 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide new chemical structures for further development of ROR?-selective modulators with virtual therapeutic potential. ..
- Watanabe H, Kawaguchi M, Fujishima S, Ogura M, Matsukura S, Takeuchi H, et al. Functional characterization of IL-17F as a selective neutrophil attractant in psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:650-6 pubmed publisher..IL-17F was upregulated in lesional psoriatic skin compared with nonlesional skin. These results indicate that IL-17F may be involved in psoriasis via, in part, the activation of ERK1/2 and the induction of IL-8 in keratinocytes. ..
- Livzan M, Makeĭkina M. [Prognostic factors of ulcer colitis flow]. Eksp Klin Gastroenterol. 2013;:17-23 pubmed..Identified prognostic risk factors of systemic immunosuppressant needs allowed us to develop an algorithm of supervision of patients with ulcerative colitis. ..
- Jin Y, Deng Z, Cao C, Li L. IL-17 polymorphisms and asthma risk: a meta-analysis of 11 single nucleotide polymorphisms. J Asthma. 2015;52:981-8 pubmed publisher..39-2.25) and found they were significantly related to the risk of asthma. Our systematic review showed that IL-17F rs1889570(C/T), IL-17A rs4711998(A/G) and IL-17A rs3819024(A/G) may be potential risk factors for asthma susceptibility. ..
- Menegat J, Lira Júnior R, Siqueira M, Brito F, Carvalho A, Fischer R, et al. Cytokine expression in gingival and intestinal tissues of patients with periodontitis and inflammatory bowel disease: An exploratory study. Arch Oral Biol. 2016;66:141-6 pubmed publisher..The cytokine clustering pattern was different in gingival and intestinal tissues. ..
- Paradowska Gorycka A, Sowińska A, Stypińska B, Grobelna M, Walczyk M, Olesinska M, et al. Impact of the IL-17F, IL-23 and IL-23R on susceptibility and phenotype of systemic lupus erythematosus. Autoimmunity. 2016;49:373-382 pubmed..06). Present findings indicated that IL-17F rs763780 A/G and IL-23R rs1884444?G/T polymorphisms may be involved in susceptibility to SLE in the Polish population. ..
- Wang H, Zhong X, Wang K, Qiu W, Li J, Dai Y, et al. Interleukin 17 gene polymorphism is associated with anti-aquaporin 4 antibody-positive neuromyelitis optica in the Southern Han Chinese--a case control study. J Neurol Sci. 2012;314:26-8 pubmed publisher..011) and TT genotype (p(uncorr)=0.007, p(corr)=0.042) were observed in NMO patients versus controls. The rs763780 T allele and TT genotype may increase susceptibility to NMO in the Southern Han Chinese. ..
- Blauvelt A, Lebwohl M, Bissonnette R. IL-23/IL-17A Dysfunction Phenotypes Inform Possible Clinical Effects from Anti-IL-17A Therapies. J Invest Dermatol. 2015;135:1946-1953 pubmed publisher..However, safety of these specific inhibitions must be established in long-term studies. ..
- Archer N, Adappa N, Palmer J, Cohen N, Harro J, Lee S, et al. Interleukin-17A (IL-17A) and IL-17F Are Critical for Antimicrobial Peptide Production and Clearance of Staphylococcus aureus Nasal Colonization. Infect Immun. 2016;84:3575-3583 pubmed..aureus but not in secretions from noncolonized subjects. Together, these data provide evidence for the importance of IL-17A regulation of antimicrobial peptides and IL-17F in the clearance of S. aureus nasal carriage. ..
- Dong L, Helmke A, Waisman A, Haller H, Pich A, von Vietinghoff S. Surface-bound bovine serum albumin carrier protein as present in recombinant cytokine preparations amplifies T helper 17 cell polarization. Sci Rep. 2016;6:36598 pubmed publisher..This unexpected adjuvant like effect underscores the need for controls also for temporal and spatial factors in cell culture. ..
- Ricciardolo F, Sorbello V, Folino A, Gallo F, Massaglia G, Favatà G, et al. Identification of IL-17F/frequent exacerbator endotype in asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;140:395-406 pubmed publisher..IL-17F colocalized in CD4+/CD8+ cells. IL-17-related cytokines expression was amplified in bronchial/nasal mucosa of neutrophilic asthma prone to exacerbation, suggesting a pathogenic role of IL-17F in FEs. ..
- Varelias A, Ormerod K, Bunting M, Koyama M, Gartlan K, Kuns R, et al. Acute graft-versus-host disease is regulated by an IL-17-sensitive microbiome. Blood. 2017;129:2172-2185 pubmed publisher..Finally, induced IL-17A depletion peritransplant also enhanced acute GVHD, consistent with an additional protective role for this cytokine independent of effects on dysbiosis. ..
- Beztsinna N, de Matos M, Walther J, Heyder C, Hildebrandt E, Leneweit G, et al. Quantitative analysis of receptor-mediated uptake and pro-apoptotic activity of mistletoe lectin-1 by high content imaging. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2768 pubmed publisher..Mistletoe lectin 1 (ML1) is a heterodimeric cytotoxic protein isolated from European Mistletoe and belongs to RIP class II...
- Hou S, Liao D, Zhang J, Fang J, Chen L, Qi J, et al. Genetic variations of IL17F and IL23A show associations with BehÃ§et's disease and Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome. Ophthalmology. 2015;122:518-23 pubmed publisher..67Ã—10(-3)). High gene copy numbers of IL17F and IL23A were associated with BD and VKH syndrome. Enhanced IL17F protein production and PBMC proliferation were associated with high IL17F copy numbers. ..
- George P, Pavan Kumar N, Jaganathan J, Dolla C, Kumaran P, Nair D, et al. Modulation of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in active and latent tuberculosis by coexistent Strongyloides stercoralis infection. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2015;95:822-828 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore reveal a profound effect of Ss infection on the systemic cytokine responses in ATB and LTB and indicate that coincident helminth infections might influence pathogenesis of TB infection and disease. ..
- Banuelos J, Shin S, Cao Y, Bochner B, Morales Nebreda L, Budinger G, et al. BCL-2 protects human and mouse Th17 cells from glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis. Allergy. 2016;71:640-50 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role of Th17 cells in glucocorticoid-resistant inflammatory conditions such as certain endotypes of asthma. ..
- Gomes da Silva I, Angelo H, Rushansky E, Mariano M, Maia M, de Souza P. Interleukin (IL)-23 Receptor, IL-17A and IL-17F Gene Polymorphisms in Brazilian Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2017;65:537-543 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the variants +2199 A/C IL-23R and -197 G/A IL-17A could contribute to RA development in the studied population. However, larger studies are needed to fully understand this genetic predisposition. ..
- Jang W, Nam Y, Ahn Y, Lee S, Park S, Choe J, et al. Interleukin-17F gene polymorphisms in Korean patients with Behçet's disease. Rheumatol Int. 2008;29:173-8 pubmed publisher..985). The haplotypes, AG, and GG, have positive and inverse association with BD susceptibility (P<0.001 and P<0.001, respectively). These findings suggest that IL-17 gene SNPs may influence the susceptibility of BD. ..
- Fujishima S, Watanabe H, Kawaguchi M, Suzuki T, Matsukura S, Homma T, et al. Involvement of IL-17F via the induction of IL-6 in psoriasis. Arch Dermatol Res. 2010;302:499-505 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that IL-17F produced by CD4(+) T cells causes the inflammation in psoriasis partly through induction of IL-6 in keratinocytes. ..
- Shu Q, Yang P, Hou S, Li F, Chen Y, Du L, et al. Interleukin-17 gene polymorphism is associated with Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome but not with Behçet's disease in a Chinese Han population. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:988-91 pubmed publisher..The C allele and TT genotype of rs763780 in the IL-17F gene appear to be associated with protection and susceptibility to VKH syndrome. The tested two IL-17 SNPs are not found to be associated with Behçet's disease...
- Gadde U, Oh S, Lee Y, Davis E, ZIMMERMAN N, Rehberger T, et al. Dietary Bacillus subtilis-based direct-fed microbials alleviate LPS-induced intestinal immunological stress and improve intestinal barrier gene expression in commercial broiler chickens. Res Vet Sci. 2017;114:236-243 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that B. subtilis-based probiotics differentially regulate intestinal immune and tight junction protein mRNA expression during states of LPS-mediated immunological challenge. ..
- Hatta M, Surachmanto E, Islam A, Wahid S. Expression of mRNA IL-17F and sIL-17F in atopic asthma patients. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10:202 pubmed publisher..b>Interleukin 17F is a cytokine that plays an important role in the pathophysiology of asthma attacks...
- Yang S, Li C, Li X, Huang X, Zhao Q, Liu D, et al. Relationship of IL-17A and IL-17F genetic variations to cervical cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Biomark Med. 2017;11:459-471 pubmed publisher..IL-17A and IL-17F polymorphisms therefore have the potential to act as predictive biomarkers for cervical cancer risk. ..
- Zare Bidoki A, Massoud A, Najafi S, Mohammadzadeh M, Rezaei N. Autosomal dominant deficiency of the interleukin-17F in recurrent aphthous stomatitis: Possible novel mutation in a new entity. Gene. 2018;654:64-68 pubmed publisher..This is the first study showing that a mutation in IL-17F is associated with susceptibility to RAS. However, functional studies and further studies on more patients with RAS are required to confirm such association. ..
- Savioli B, Salu B, de Brito M, Vilela Oliva M, de Souza A. Silent arterial inflammation during the apparent remission state of Takayasu's arteritis. What do cytokines tell us?. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2018;36 Suppl 111:33-39 pubmed..A smoldering inflammatory response with predominantly cytokines involved in Th17 response seems to be ongoing in TAK patients in remission with extensive disease or with previous ischaemic events. ..
- Jain M, Attur M, Furer V, Todd J, Ramirez R, Lock M, et al. Increased plasma IL-17F levels in rheumatoid arthritis patients are responsive to methotrexate, anti-TNF, and T cell costimulatory modulation. Inflammation. 2015;38:180-6 pubmed publisher..Synovial fluid analysis demonstrated higher IL-17F levels in RA (p = 0.016) than healthy controls. These results suggest a specific role for IL-17F in human RA pathogenesis and as a therapeutic target. ..
- Halwani R, Al Kufaidy R, Vazquez Tello A, Pureza M, Bahammam A, Al Jahdali H, et al. IL-17 Enhances Chemotaxis of Primary Human B Cells during Asthma. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114604 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a key role for IL-17 in enhancing the migration of B cells to the lung tissue during asthma or COPD. ..
- CaÃ±ete J, Celis R, Yeremenko N, SanmartÃ R, van Duivenvoorde L, RamÃrez J, et al. Ectopic lymphoid neogenesis is strongly associated with activation of the IL-23 pathway in rheumatoid synovitis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:173 pubmed publisher..Synovial ELN in RA is strongly associated with activation of the IL-23 pathway but not with IL-17A. ..
- Chi H, Bøgwald J, Dalmo R, Zhang W, Hu Y. Th17 master transcription factors RORα and RORγ regulate the expression of IL-17C, IL-17D and IL-17F in Cynoglossus semilaevis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;55:169-78 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that RORα and RORγ in teleost regulate the expression of IL-17 members in different manners. ..
- Anuradha R, Munisankar S, Bhootra Y, Jagannathan J, Dolla C, Kumaran P, et al. Systemic Cytokine Profiles in Strongyloides stercoralis Infection and Alterations following Treatment. Infect Immun. 2016;84:425-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, S. stercoralis infection is characterized by alterations in the levels of systemic cytokines, reflecting major alterations in the underlying immune response to this chronic helminth infection. ..
- Eskandari Nasab E, Moghadampour M, Tahmasebi A. Meta-Analysis of Risk Association Between Interleukin-17A and F Gene Polymorphisms and Inflammatory Diseases. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2017;37:165-174 pubmed publisher..71; P?=?0.003), as well as the TC?+?CC versus TT genotype (OR?=?1.83; P?=?0.032) were risk factors for RA. In summary, our pooled analysis indicated that the IL-17A (rs2275913) and IL17F (rs763780 T/C) increased the RA risk. ..
- Fernandez C, Afrin F, Flores R, Kim W, Jeong J, Kim S, et al. Downregulation of inflammatory cytokines by berberine attenuates Riemerella anatipestifer infection in ducks. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;77:121-127 pubmed publisher..anatipestifer infection in ducks. ..
- Mohamed R, Jayakumar C, Chen F, Fulton D, Stepp D, Gansevoort R, et al. Low-Dose IL-17 Therapy Prevents and Reverses Diabetic Nephropathy, Metabolic Syndrome, and Associated Organ Fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:745-65 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the beneficial effects of IL-17 are isoform-specific and identify low-dose IL-17A administration as a promising therapeutic approach in diabetic kidney disease. ..
- Xu H, Pan Y, Li W, Fu H, Zhang J, Shen H, et al. Association between IL17A and IL17F polymorphisms and risk of Henoch-Schonlein purpura in Chinese children. Rheumatol Int. 2016;36:829-35 pubmed publisher..However, there was no relationship between IL17F rs763780 and rs9463772 polymorphisms and HSP susceptibility. ..
- Bahar B, O Doherty J, Vigors S, Sweeney T. Activation of inflammatory immune gene cascades by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in the porcine colonic tissue ex-vivo model. Clin Exp Immunol. 2016;186:266-276 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the colonic explant remains physiologically viable and responsive to immunological challenge for up to 3 h ex-vivo. ..
- Ramsey C, Lazarus R, Camargo C, Weiss S, Celedon J. Polymorphisms in the interleukin 17F gene (IL17F) and asthma. Genes Immun. 2005;6:236-41 pubmed..None of the SNPs or haplotypes tested in IL17F were associated with asthma. The polymorphisms identified in this study may be used in future studies of association between IL17F and phenotypes related to immune responses. ..
- Al Omar S, Flanagan B, Almehmadi M, Christmas S. The effects of IL-17 upon human natural killer cells. Cytokine. 2013;62:123-30 pubmed publisher..There may therefore be some enhancement of NK cell function resulting from Th17 cell activation. ..
- Willerslev Olsen A, Litvinov I, Fredholm S, Petersen D, Sibbesen N, Gniadecki R, et al. IL-15 and IL-17F are differentially regulated and expressed in mycosis fungoides (MF). Cell Cycle. 2014;13:1306-12 pubmed publisher..We propose that IL-15 and IL-17F are markers for different inflammatory environments and play distinct roles in the development and progression of MF. ..
- Montalbano A, Riccobono L, Siena L, Chiappara G, Di Sano C, Anzalone G, et al. Cigarette smoke affects IL-17A, IL-17F and IL-17 receptor expression in the lung tissue: Ex vivo and in vitro studies. Cytokine. 2015;76:391-402 pubmed publisher..Cigarette smoke increases Th17 immunity in lung tissue of COPD patients, promoting the mechanism of proliferation and apoptosis in airway epithelial cells. ..
- Dai Z, Zhang T, Lin S, Zhang W, Liu J, Cao X, et al. Role of IL-17A rs2275913 and IL-17F rs763780 polymorphisms in risk of cancer development: an updated meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20439 pubmed publisher..This updated meta-analysis confirms that rs2275913 and rs763780 polymorphisms are highly associated with increased risk for multiple forms of cancer. ..
- LÃ³pez De Padilla C, Crowson C, Hein M, Pendegraft R, Strausbauch M, Niewold T, et al. Gene Expression Profiling in Blood and Affected Muscle Tissues Reveals Differential Activation Pathways in Patients with New-onset Juvenile and Adult Dermatomyositis. J Rheumatol. 2017;44:117-124 pubmed publisher..Cytokine expression in the blood of juvenile patients with new-onset DM was dominated by Th17-related cytokines compared with adult patients with DM. This may reflect the activation of different Th pathways between muscle and blood. ..
- Cohen L, Xie L, Xylas M, Walt D. Single Molecule Arrays for ultra-sensitive detection of rat cytokines in serum. J Immunol Methods. 2018;452:20-25 pubmed publisher..We also measured these cytokines in healthy rat serum to obtain baseline levels. The ability to measure cytokines present at low concentrations in rat serum will facilitate future studies of disease using rats as animal models. ..
- Chaitanya S, Lavania M, Turankar R, Karri S, Sengupta U. Increased serum circulatory levels of interleukin 17F in type 1 reactions of leprosy. J Clin Immunol. 2012;32:1415-20 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to measure the serum circulatory levels of Interleukin 17F (IL 17F) and to correlate the levels with type 1 and type 2 reactional states and with clinico-..
- Kakeda M, Schlapbach C, Danelon G, Tang M, Cecchinato V, Yawalkar N, et al. Innate immune cells express IL-17A/F in acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis and generalized pustular psoriasis. Arch Dermatol Res. 2014;306:933-8 pubmed publisher..IL-17A/F is a proinflammatory cytokine involved in various neutrophilic inflammatory disorders. Here we show that IL-17A/F is highly expressed by innate immune cells such as neutrophils and mast cells in both AGEP and GPP. ..
- Wang L, Jiang Y, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Huang S, Wang Z, et al. Association analysis of IL-17A and IL-17F polymorphisms in Chinese Han women with breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34400 pubmed publisher..Both IL-17A and IL-17F gene polymorphisms may provide valuable information for predicting the prognosis of breast cancer in Chinese women. ..
- Konermann A, Winter J, Novak N, Allam J, Jager A. Verification of IL-17A and IL-17F in oral tissues and modulation of their expression pattern by steroid hormones. Cell Immunol. 2013;285:133-40 pubmed publisher..IL-17F was discriminatively regulated by testosterone and 17?-estradiol in resident periodontal cells. ..
- Carvalho C, do Carmo R, Duarte A, Carvalho A, LeÃ£o J, Gueiros L. IL-17A and IL-17F polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritis and SjÃ¶gren's syndrome. Clin Oral Investig. 2016;20:495-502 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the pathogenesis of SS is demanded to an adequate treatment as well as to the development of new management strategies. ..
- Whibley N, Tritto E, Traggiai E, Kolbinger F, Moulin P, Brees D, et al. Antibody blockade of IL-17 family cytokines in immunity to acute murine oral mucosal candidiasis. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;99:1153-64 pubmed publisher..Susceptibility displays the following hierarchy: IL-17RA- or Act1-deficiency > anti-IL-17A + anti-IL-17F antibodies > anti-IL-17A or anti-IL-17RA antibodies > IL-17A deficiency. ..
- Albertsson A, Zhang X, Vontell R, Bi D, Bronson R, Supramaniam V, et al. γδ T Cells Contribute to Injury in the Developing Brain. Am J Pathol. 2018;188:757-767 pubmed publisher..This finding will help to identify therapeutic targets for preventing or treating preterm infants with brain injury. ..
- Pei F, Han Y, Zhang X, Yan C, Huang M, Deng J, et al. Association analysis of the IL-17F His161Arg polymorphism in myocardial infarction. Coron Artery Dis. 2009;20:513-7 pubmed publisher..This study indicates for the first time that, unlike other chronic inflammatory diseases, the IL-17F His161Arg polymorphism is unlikely to be a major contributor to the pathogenesis of MI. ..
- Liu Y, Zhao X, Sun X, Li Y, Wang Z, Jiang J, et al. Expression of IL-17A, E, and F and their receptors in human prostatic cancer: Comparison with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Prostate. 2015;75:1844-56 pubmed publisher..Our data are compatible with hypothesis that IL-17A acting through IL-17RA, but not IL-17CR contribute to the pathogenesis of BPH and PCa. In contrast, IL-17E interacting with the IL-17BR might have an anti-tumor effect. ..
- Li L, Tian Y, Lv X, Yu H, Xie Y, Wang J, et al. Association analysis of IL-17A and IL-17F polymorphisms in Chinese women with cervical cancer. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:12178-83 pubmed publisher..We suggest that rs2275913 may play a role in the etiology of cervical cancer. These findings could be helpful in identifying individuals at increased risk of developing cervical cancer. ..
- Rakshit S, Adiga V, Nayak S, Sahoo P, Sharma P, van Meijgaarden K, et al. Circulating Mycobacterium tuberculosis DosR latency antigen-specific, polyfunctional, regulatory IL10+ Th17 CD4 T-cells differentiate latent from active tuberculosis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11948 pubmed publisher..A blood polyfunctional, Mtb DosR latency antigen specific, regulatory, central memory response is therefore a novel functional component of T-cell immunity in latent TB and potential correlate of protection. ..
- Winton H, Bidwell J, Armitage W. Haplotype analysis on chromosome 6p of tumor necrosis factor alpha, vascular endothelial growth factor A, and interleukin-17F alleles associated with corneal transplant rejection. Transplant Proc. 2014;46:1540-7 pubmed publisher..11; P = .04). The results suggest that patients carrying a combination of SNPs for TNF-?, VEGF-A, and IL-17F of ACGTCT haplotype may have an increased risk of corneal allograft rejection compared with patients carrying other haplotypes. ..
- Marquet S, Conte I, Poudiougou B, Argiro L, Cabantous S, Dessein H, et al. The IL17F and IL17RA Genetic Variants Increase Risk of Cerebral Malaria in Two African Populations. Infect Immun. 2016;84:590-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings show for the first time that IL17F and IL17RA polymorphisms modulate susceptibility to CM and provide evidence that IL-17F protects against CM. ..
- Gan Y, Zhao X, He J, Liu X, Li Y, Sun X, et al. Increased Interleukin-17F is Associated with Elevated Autoantibody Levels and More Clinically Relevant Than Interleukin-17A in Primary Sjögren's Syndrome. J Immunol Res. 2017;2017:4768408 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, IL-17F was correlated with increased autoantibody levels and disease activity in pSS and is more clinically relevant than IL-17A. ..
- Peng R, Yue J, Han M, Zhao Y, Liu L, Liang L. The IL-17F sequence variant is associated with susceptibility to tuberculosis. Gene. 2013;515:229-32 pubmed publisher..Genetic variation in IL-17F is associated with altered susceptibility to tuberculosis and may provide valuable information in the development of tuberculosis. ..
- Wang H, Guo M, Liu F, Wang J, Zhou Z, Ji J, et al. Role of IL-17 Variants in Preeclampsia in Chinese Han Women. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0140118 pubmed publisher..However, these findings should be confirmed in other ethnic populations. ..
- Riedel J, Paust H, Krohn S, Turner J, Kluger M, Steinmetz O, et al. IL-17F Promotes Tissue Injury in Autoimmune Kidney Diseases. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:3666-3677 pubmed
- Chun B, Rhiu S. Cryopreserved rabbit amniotic membrane alleviated inflammatory response and fibrosis following experimental strabismus surgery in rabbits. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0187058 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that cryopreserved AM allograft has anti-inflammatory and anti-scarring properties that can prevent postoperative adhesions following strabismus surgery...
- Metzger K, Frémont M, Roelant C, De Meirleir K. Lower frequency of IL-17F sequence variant (His161Arg) in chronic fatigue syndrome patients. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;376:231-3 pubmed publisher..A significantly lower frequency of the C allele was observed in the CFS population, suggesting that the His161Arg variant may confer protection against the disease. These results suggest a role of Th17 cells in the pathogenesis of CFS. ..