Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL 17B
Description: interleukin 17B
Alias: IL-17B, IL-20, NIRF, ZCYTO7, interleukin-17B, cytokine-like protein ZCYTO7, interleukin 20, interleukin-17 beta, neuronal interleukin-17 related factor
Products: IL 17B
- Logsdon N, Deshpande A, Harris B, Rajashankar K, Walter M. Structural basis for receptor sharing and activation by interleukin-20 receptor-2 (IL-20R2) binding cytokines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12704-9 pubmed publisherb>Interleukin 20 (IL-20) is a pleotropic IL-10 family cytokine that protects epithelial surfaces from pathogens...
- Hsu Y, Li H, Hsieh M, Liu M, Huang K, Chin L, et al. Function of interleukin-20 as a proinflammatory molecule in rheumatoid and experimental arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2722-33 pubmed..Thus, IL-20 may modulate the incidence and severity of arthritis and play important roles at local sites of inflammation. ..
- Lee S, Cho S, Lee E, Kim S, Lee S, Lim J, et al. Interleukin-20 promotes migration of bladder cancer cells through extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)-mediated MMP-9 protein expression leading to nuclear factor (NF-κB) activation by inducing the up-regulation of p21(WAF1) protein expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5539-52 pubmed publisher..These unexpected results might provide a critical new target for the treatment of bladder cancer. ..
- Doulamis I, Konstantopoulos P, Tzani A, Antoranz A, Minia A, Daskalopoulou A, et al. Visceral white adipose tissue and serum proteomic alternations in metabolically healthy obese patients undergoing bariatric surgery. Cytokine. 2019;115:76-83 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, different cytokines -except for TWEAK- are up-regulated in each site, suggesting that obesity is not a homogenous but a multi-dimensional disease. ..
- Aydogdu E, Pamuk O, Donmez S, Pamuk G. Decreased interleukin-20 level in patients with systemic sclerosis: are they related with angiogenesis?. Clin Rheumatol. 2013;32:1599-603 pubmed publisher..044). We observed that IL-20 which is an IL-10 group angiogenesis indicator was observed to be suppressed in SSc, suggesting abnormal angiogenesis. ..
- Logsdon N, Allen C, Rajashankar K, Walter M. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of the IL-20-IL-20R1-IL-20R2 complex. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2012;68:89-92 pubmed publisher..The crystallographic asymmetric unit contains one IL-20-IL-20R1-IL-20R2 complex, corresponding to a solvent content of approximately 54%. ..
- Maiorino M, Schisano B, Di Palo C, Vietri M, Cioffi M, Giugliano G, et al. Interleukin-20 circulating levels in obese women: effect of weight loss. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2010;20:180-5 pubmed publisher..In premenopausal obese women, IL-20 levels are higher than matched normal weight control women, are associated with body weight and waist-hip ratio, and are reduced by weight loss. ..
- Yamamoto Furusho J, De León Rendón J, de la Torre M, Alvarez Leon E, Vargas Alarcon G. Genetic polymorphisms of interleukin 20 (IL-20) in patients with ulcerative colitis. Immunol Lett. 2013;149:50-3 pubmed publisher..The interleukin 20 gene is located within a 200kb region of q31-32 locus of chromosome 1...
- Madouri F, Barada O, Kervoaze G, Trottein F, Pichavant M, Gosset P. Production of Interleukin-20 cytokines limits bacterial clearance and lung inflammation during infection by Streptococcus pneumoniae. EBioMedicine. 2018;37:417-427 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae and might have therapeutic applications in bacterial pneumonia. This work was supported by CNRS, INSERM, INSERM-transfert, the University of Lille and the Fondation du Souffle (Paris, France). ..
- Kudo H, Jinnin M, Asano Y, Trojanowska M, Nakayama W, Inoue K, et al. Decreased interleukin-20 expression in scleroderma skin contributes to cutaneous fibrosis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014;66:1636-47 pubmed publisher..To confirm the therapeutic value of IL-20 and IL-20R, their function and expression in vivo should be further studied. ..
- Bech R, Otkjaer K, Birkelund S, Vorup Jensen T, Agger R, Johansen C, et al. Interleukin 20 protein locates to distinct mononuclear cells in psoriatic skin. Exp Dermatol. 2014;23:349-52 pubmed publisherWe previously demonstrated that mRNA for the pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin 20 (IL-20) is expressed in suprapapillary keratinocytes of lesional psoriatic skin (LS)...
- Gong W, Wang X, Zhang Y, Hao J, Xing C, Chu Q, et al. Interleukin-20 promotes airway remodeling in asthma. Inflammation. 2014;37:2099-105 pubmed publisher..IL-20 may be a critical cytokine in airway remodeling in asthma. This study indicates that targeting IL-20 and/or its receptors may be a new therapeutic strategy for asthma. ..
- Liu C, Sello C, Sun Y, Zhou Y, Lu H, Sui Y, et al. De Novo Transcriptome Sequencing Analysis of Goose (Anser anser) Embryonic Skin and the Identification of Genes Related to Feather Follicle Morphogenesis at Three Stages of Development. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Our findings advocate that interleukin 20 receptor subunit alpha (IL20RA), interleukin 6 receptor (IL6R), interleukin 1 receptor type 1 (<..
- Paek S, Frieder J, Kivelevitch D, Menter M. IL-17 inhibitors for psoriasis. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2018;37:148-157 pubmed publisher..Clinical efficacy, safety, and tolerability of each agent is reviewed. ..
- Shankar S, Wilson M, DiVietro J, Mentink Kane M, Xie Z, Wynn T, et al. RGS16 attenuates pulmonary Th2/Th17 inflammatory responses. J Immunol. 2012;188:6347-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, RGS16-mediated confinement of T cells to Schistosome granulomas mitigates widespread cytokine-mediated pulmonary inflammation. ..
- Lundblad M, Overgaard R, GÃ¶thberg M, Fjording M, Watson E. Clinical pharmacokinetics of the anti-interleukin-20 monoclonal antibody NNC0109-0012 in healthy volunteers and patients with psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis. Adv Ther. 2015;32:228-38 pubmed publisher..The PK profile of NNC0109-0012 is similar to other monoclonal antibodies directed against soluble targets. ..
- Alexandrakis M, Pappa C, Kokonozaki M, Boula A, Vyzoukaki R, Staphylaki D, et al. Circulating serum levels of IL-20 in multiple myeloma patients: its significance in angiogenesis and disease activity. Med Oncol. 2015;32:42 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that serum IL-20 concentrations participate actively in the pathophysiology of MM progression. Therefore, it could be used as an indicator of the disease progression and angiogenesis processes. ..
- Bridges P, Jeoung M, Shim S, Park J, Lee J, Sapsford L, et al. Hematopoetic prostaglandin D synthase: an ESR1-dependent oviductal epithelial cell synthase. Endocrinology. 2012;153:1925-35 pubmed publisher..02 for each mRNA). Overall, these results suggest that HPGDS may play a role in the regulation of inflammation and EPI health within the oviduct. ..
- Han X, Wang C, Xie Y, Ma J, Zhang X, Hu Q, et al. Anti-metastatic effect and mechanisms of Wenshen Zhuanggu Formula in human breast cancer cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;162:39-46 pubmed publisher..WSZG-CS exerts an anti-metastatic activity against MDA-MB-231BO breast cancer cells, due to its ability to mitigate the interaction between BMSCs and breast cancer cells mediated via the CCL5/CCR5 and IL-17B/IL-17BR signaling pathways. ..
- Wu J, Wang G, Hao J, Gong W. The correlation between IL-20 and the Th2 immune response in human asthma. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2014;32:316-20 pubmed publisher..The correlation between IL-20 levels and Th2 cytokines suggests that IL-20 may play a patho-physiologic role in the Th2 immune response in human asthma and may be a potential biomarker of asthma severity. ..
- Taranu I, Marin D, Braicu C, Pistol G, Sorescu I, Pruteanu L, et al. In Vitro Transcriptome Response to a Mixture of Lactobacilli Strains in Intestinal Porcine Epithelial Cell Line. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The protective role of lactobacilli in epithelial barrier function against inflammation and in the activation of immune response was also noticed. ..
- Taams L, Steel K, Srenathan U, Burns L, Kirkham B. IL-17 in the immunopathogenesis of spondyloarthritis. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2018;14:453-466 pubmed publisher..Of the six family members, IL-17A has the strongest homology with IL-17F. In this Review, we discuss how IL-17A and IL-17F and their cellular sources might contribute to the immunopathology of SpA. ..
- Zhou J, Ren L, Chen D, Lin X, Huang S, Yin Y, et al. IL-17B is elevated in patients with pneumonia and mediates IL-8 production in bronchial epithelial cells. Clin Immunol. 2017;175:91-98 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, human pneumonia was associated with enhanced release of IL-17B, which might regulate pulmonary immunity and inflammation through the induction of IL-8 in bronchial epithelial cells. ..
- Senolt L, Prajzlerová K, Hulejová H, Šumová B, Filková M, Veigl D, et al. Interleukin-20 is triggered by TLR ligands and associates with disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Cytokine. 2017;97:187-192 pubmed publisher..Our data showed that IL-20 is independently associated with RA disease activity and may be triggered by TLR ligands at local sites of inflammation. ..
- Ahn H, Kim K, Shin K, Lim K, Kim J, Lee J, et al. Ell3 stabilizes p53 following CDDP treatment via its effects on ubiquitin-dependent and -independent proteasomal degradation pathways in breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:44523-37 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the ERK1/2 pathway can be targeted in the rational development of therapies to induce chemosensitization of breast cancer cells. ..
- Bie Q, Jin C, Zhang B, Dong H. IL-17B: A new area of study in the IL-17 family. Mol Immunol. 2017;90:50-56 pubmed publisher..However, studies on IL-17B are scant. In this review, we detail the structural characteristics, expression patterns, and biological activities of IL-17B and its potential role in the pathogenesis of diseases. ..
- Yang Y, Lee Y, Lo S, Chung Y, Hsieh Y, Chiu W, et al. A positive feedback loop of IL-17B-IL-17RB activates ERK/Î²-catenin to promote lung cancer metastasis. Cancer Lett. 2018;422:44-55 pubmed publisher..IL-17RB may therefore serve as an independent prognostic factor and a therapeutic target for lung cancer. ..
- Bartosińska J, Michalak Stoma A, Juszkiewicz Borowiec M, Kowal M, Chodorowska G. The Assessment of Selected Bone and Cartilage Biomarkers in Psoriatic Patients from Poland. Mediators Inflamm. 2015;2015:194535 pubmed publisher..Results of the conducted study suggest that COMP, OPG, IL-20, and OPG/sRANKL ratio may appear useful biomarkers of bone and cartilage involvement in psoriasis. ..
- Reynolds J, Lee Y, Shi Y, Wang X, Angkasekwinai P, Nallaparaju K, et al. Interleukin-17B Antagonizes Interleukin-25-Mediated Mucosal Inflammation. Immunity. 2015;42:692-703 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IL-25 was found to promote IL-6 production from colon epithelial cells, which was inhibited by IL-17B. Therefore, our data demonstrate that IL-17B is an anti-inflammatory cytokine in the IL-17 family. ..
- Białecka M, Ostasz R, Kurzawski M, Klimowicz A, Fabiańczyk H, Bojko P, et al. IL17A and IL17F Gene Polymorphism Association with Psoriasis Risk and Response to Treatment in a Polish Population. Dermatology. 2016;232:592-596 pubmed publisher..9, p = 0.047) to produce a positive clinical response. It can be stated that the IL17A and IL17F polymorphisms are not markers of susceptibility to psoriasis. However, the IL17F polymorphism may affect the response to NB-UVB therapy. ..
- Pap D, Sziksz E, Kiss Z, Rokonay R, Veres Székely A, Lippai R, et al. Microarray Analysis Reveals Increased Expression of Matrix Metalloproteases and Cytokines of Interleukin-20 Subfamily in the Kidneys of Neonate Rats Underwent Unilateral Ureteral Obstruction: A Potential Role of IL-24 in the Regulation of Inflammatio. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2017;42:16-32 pubmed publisher..This study provides an extensive view of UUO induced changes in the gene expression profile of the developing kidney and describes novel molecules, which may play significant role in the pathomechanism of CON. ..
- Hoang C, Hong Y, Truong A, Lee J, Lee K, Hong Y. Molecular cloning of chicken interleukin-17B, which induces proinflammatory cytokines through activation of the NF-ÎºB signaling pathway. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;74:40-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, chicken interleukin-17B plays a critical role in host defense against the bacterial pathogens, and regulates proinflammatory cytokines by activating the NF-ÎºB signaling pathway. ..
- Naumnik W, Naumnik B, Niklinska W, Ossolinska M, Chyczewska E. Clinical Implications of Hepatocyte Growth Factor, Interleukin-20, and Interleukin-22 in Serum and Bronchoalveolar Fluid of Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;952:41-49 pubmed..We conclude that HGF, IL-20, and IL-22 in the serum and BALF of NSCLC patients before chemotherapy may be a prognostic of cancer progression. ..
- Alinejad V, Hossein Somi M, Baradaran B, Akbarzadeh P, Atyabi F, Kazerooni H, et al. Co-delivery of IL17RB siRNA and doxorubicin by chitosan-based nanoparticles for enhanced anticancer efficacy in breast cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;83:229-240 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, co-delivery of IL17RB siRNA and DOX can be considered as an effective system for the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Liao B, Cao P, Zeng M, Zhen Z, Wang H, Zhang Y, et al. Interaction of thymic stromal lymphopoietin, IL-33, and their receptors in epithelial cells in eosinophilic chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. Allergy. 2015;70:1169-80 pubmed publisher..The positive feedback loop between TSLP, IL-33 and their receptors, and Th2 cytokines may facilitate Th2-skewed inflammation in eosinophilic CRSwNP. ..
- Wu J, Yang S, Yu D, Gao W, Liu X, Zhang K, et al. CRISPR/cas9 mediated knockout of an intergenic variant rs6927172 identified IL-20RA as a new risk gene for multiple autoimmune diseases. Genes Immun. 2019;20:103-111 pubmed publisher..we observed alterations of multiple genes including IL-20RA encoding a subunit of the receptor for interleukin 20. Using Electrophoretic mobility shift assay (EMSA), Western blotting, and chromatin conformation capture we ..
- Han Q, Das S, Hirano M, Holland S, McCurley N, Guo P, et al. Characterization of Lamprey IL-17 Family Members and Their Receptors. J Immunol. 2015;195:5440-51 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a potential role for IL-17 in coordinating the interactions between T-like cells and other cells of the adaptive and innate immune systems in jawless vertebrates. ..
- Gelaleti G, Borin T, Maschio Signorini L, Moschetta M, Jardim Perassi B, Calvinho G, et al. Efficacy of melatonin, IL-25 and siIL-17B in tumorigenesis-associated properties of breast cancer cell lines. Life Sci. 2017;183:98-109 pubmed publisher..05). Our results suggest therapeutic potential, with oncostatic effectiveness, pro-apoptotic and anti-angiogenic properties for melatonin and IL-25-driven signaling in breast cancer cells. ..
- Luo Y, Van Nguyen U, de la Fe Rodriguez P, Devriendt B, Cox E. F4+ ETEC infection and oral immunization with F4 fimbriae elicits an IL-17-dominated immune response. Vet Res. 2015;46:121 pubmed publisher..Our work also highlights that IL-17B and IL-17F participate in the immune response to protect the host against F4(+) ETEC infection and could aid in the design of future ETEC vaccines. ..
- Rajeevan M, Dimulescu I, Murray J, Falkenberg V, Unger E. Pathway-focused genetic evaluation of immune and inflammation related genes with chronic fatigue syndrome. Hum Immunol. 2015;76:553-60 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to validate the findings of this exploratory study. ..
- Kragstrup T, Greisen S, Nielsen M, Rhodes C, Stengaard Pedersen K, Hetland M, et al. The interleukin-20 receptor axis in early rheumatoid arthritis: novel links between disease-associated autoantibodies and radiographic progression. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:61 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that IL-20 and IL-24 link RA-associated autoantibodies with radiographic progression via the IL-22R1. Modulation of this axis holds promise as feasible anti-erosive treatment modalities in seropositive RA. ..
- Numasaki M, Tsukamoto H, Tomioka Y, Nishioka Y, Ohrui T. A Heterodimeric Cytokine, Consisting of IL-17A and IL-17F, Promotes Migration and Capillary-Like Tube Formation of Human Vascular Endothelial Cells. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2016;240:47-56 pubmed publisher..Additionally, IL-17A/F up-regulated secretion of angiogenic growth factors such as IL-8 and growth-related oncogene (GRO)-? by HDFs. These findings identify a novel biological function for IL-17A/F as an indirect angiogenic agent. ..
- Lee J, Park Y, Oh N, Kwack K, Park K. A transcriptional complex composed of ER(α), GATA3, FOXA1 and ELL3 regulates IL-20 expression in breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:42752-42760 pubmed publisher..Our results expand upon the current understanding of the regulatory mechanism of IL-20 in cancer. ..
- Abouhajer F, El Ashram S, Karama M, Huang S, Liu J. An ex vivo ruminal ovine model to study the immediate immune response in the context of bacterial lipopolysaccharide. Funct Integr Genomics. 2018;18:277-285 pubmed publisher..The ruminal segment model has been shown to be a suitable tool to study the bacterial lipopolysaccharide effects on the ovine ruminal tissues prior to in vivo assessment. ..
- Al Samadi A, Moossavi S, Salem A, Sotoudeh M, Tuovinen S, Konttinen Y, et al. Distinctive expression pattern of interleukin-17 cytokine family members in colorectal cancer. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:1609-15 pubmed publisher..Neutrophils were the main source of IL-17B in the stroma. IL-17 family members demonstrated distinct expression patterns in CRC, suggesting a differential role exerted by each member in colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Huang C, Yang C, Jeng Y, Chen C, Wu H, Chang Y, et al. Autocrine/paracrine mechanism of interleukin-17B receptor promotes breast tumorigenesis through NF-?B-mediated antiapoptotic pathway. Oncogene. 2014;33:2968-77 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the amplified IL-17RB/IL-17B signaling pathways may serve as a therapeutic target for developing treatment to manage IL-17RB-associated breast cancer. ..
- Wu H, Hwang Verslues W, Lee W, Huang C, Wei P, Chen C, et al. Targeting IL-17B-IL-17RB signaling with an anti-IL-17RB antibody blocks pancreatic cancer metastasis by silencing multiple chemokines. J Exp Med. 2015;212:333-49 pubmed publisher..These findings not only illustrate a key mechanism underlying the highly aggressive characteristics of pancreatic cancer but also provide a practical approach to tackle this disease. ..
- Li H, Chen J, Huang A, Stinson J, Heldens S, Foster J, et al. Cloning and characterization of IL-17B and IL-17C, two new members of the IL-17 cytokine family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:773-8 pubmed..These data show that there is a family of IL-17-related cytokines differing in patterns of expression and proinflammatory responses that may be transduced through a cognate set of cell surface receptors. ..
- Bie Q, Zhang B, Sun C, Ji X, Barnie P, Qi C, et al. IL-17B activated mesenchymal stem cells enhance proliferation and migration of gastric cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:18914-18923 pubmed publisher..In addition, rIL-17B also activated the NF-??, STAT3, ?-catenin pathway in mesenchymal stem cells. Our data revealed a new mechanism that IL-17B enhanced the progression of gastric cancer by activating mesenchymal stem cells. ..
- Kouri V, Olkkonen J, Ainola M, Li T, Björkman L, Konttinen Y, et al. Neutrophils produce interleukin-17B in rheumatoid synovial tissue. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014;53:39-47 pubmed publisher..IL-17B can enhance the effects of TNF-? on the production of cytokines and chemokines that control immune cell trafficking and neutrophil homeostasis in the inflamed tissues. ..
- Lee W, Wu H, Huang C. Targeting interleukin-17 receptors. Oncotarget. 2015;6:18244-5 pubmed
- Zhang W, Magadi S, Li Z, Smith C, Burns A. IL-20 promotes epithelial healing of the injured mouse cornea. Exp Eye Res. 2017;154:22-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, it appears that IL-20 plays a beneficial and direct role in corneal wound healing while negatively regulating neutrophil and platelet infiltration. ..
- Robak E, Kulczycka Siennicka L, Gerlicz Z, Kierstan M, Korycka Wolowiec A, Sysa Jedrzejowska A. Correlations between concentrations of interleukin (IL)-17A, IL-17B and IL-17F, and endothelial cells and proangiogenic cytokines in systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2013;24:60-8 pubmed publisher..This also highlights the role of IL-17F in activating vascular endothelial cells and consequently blood vessel formation, and in the relationship between the inflammatory reaction and angiogenesis in the development of SLE. ..
- Koskinen L, Einarsdottir E, Korponay Szabo I, Kurppa K, Kaukinen K, Sistonen P, et al. Fine mapping of the CELIAC2 locus on chromosome 5q31-q33 in the Finnish and Hungarian populations. Tissue Antigens. 2009;74:408-16 pubmed publisher..Our study strongly supports the role of the CELIAC2 locus in celiac disease, but it also highlights the need for a more powerful study design in the region, to locate the true disease risk variants. ..
- Wang X, Dong Z, Zhu D, Guan B. Expression profile of immune-associated genes in nasal polyps. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2006;115:450-6 pubmed..Furthermore, IL-17 may play an important role in the occurrence of nasal polyps by overexpression. ..
- Ferretti E, Ponzoni M, Doglioni C, Pistoia V. IL-17 superfamily cytokines modulate normal germinal center B cell migration. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;100:913-918 pubmed..Here, we review the role of IL-17A on GC cells and discuss, for the first time, common effects of the cognate cytokines IL-25 and IL-17B on GC B cell function. ..
- Ichinohe N, Ishii M, Tanimizu N, Kon J, Yoshioka Y, Ochiya T, et al. Transplantation of Thy1+ Cells Accelerates Liver Regeneration by Enhancing the Growth of Small Hepatocyte-Like Progenitor Cells via IL17RB Signaling. Stem Cells. 2017;35:920-931 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Thy1+ cell transplantation enhanced liver regeneration by promoting the proliferation of intrinsic hepatic progenitor cells via IL17RB signaling. Stem Cells 2017;35:920-931...
- Shi Y, Ullrich S, Zhang J, Connolly K, Grzegorzewski K, Barber M, et al. A novel cytokine receptor-ligand pair. Identification, molecular characterization, and in vivo immunomodulatory activity. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:19167-76 pubmed..Together these results suggest that IL-17B may be a novel proinflammatory cytokine acting on a restricted set of target cell types. They also demonstrate the strength of genomic approaches in the unraveling of novel biological pathways. ..
- Karolak J, Gambin T, Pitarque J, Molinari A, Jhangiani S, Stankiewicz P, et al. Variants in SKP1, PROB1, and IL17B genes at keratoconus 5q31.1-q35.3 susceptibility locus identified by whole-exome sequencing. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;25:73-78 pubmed publisher..Moreover, since this locus overlapped two other chromosomal regions previously recognized in distinct KTCN studies, our findings suggest that this 5q31.1-q35.3 locus might be linked with KTCN. ..
- Liu G, Li L, Ju S, Zhang W, Qian Y, Zhu X, et al. [Eukaryotic expression and biological activity of recombinant human IL-17B protein]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;28:255-9 pubmed..The obtainment of transgenic 293T cell line stably expressing rhIL-17B protein paved the way for further study on biological functions of hIL-17B. ..
- Ryan A, Thornton J, Brophy K, Daly J, McLoughlin R, O Morain C, et al. Chromosome 5q candidate genes in coeliac disease: genetic variation at IL4, IL5, IL9, IL13, IL17B and NR3C1. Tissue Antigens. 2005;65:150-5 pubmed..There were no statistically significant allele or haplotype frequency differences between cases and controls. Therefore, these results provide no evidence that these loci are associated with CD in this sample population. ..
- Moore E, Presnell S, Garrigues U, Guilbot A, LeGuern E, Smith D, et al. Expression of IL-17B in neurons and evaluation of its possible role in the chromosome 5q-linked form of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Neuromuscul Disord. 2002;12:141-50 pubmed..However, no changes were found in the coding regions, splice junctions, intron 1, or the 5' and 3' untranslated regions of IL-17B genes of patients affected with this disease. ..