Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-13
Description: interleukin 13
Alias: IL-13, P600, interleukin-13
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Hoffjan S, Ostrovnaja I, Nicolae D, Newman D, Nicolae R, Gangnon R, et al. Genetic variation in immunoregulatory pathways and atopic phenotypes in infancy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;113:511-8 pubmed..These data suggest that variations in genes involved in immune regulation are associated with biologic and clinical phenotypes in the first year of life that might increase the risk for the subsequent development of childhood asthma. ..
- Kabesch M, Schedel M, Carr D, Woitsch B, Fritzsch C, Weiland S, et al. IL-4/IL-13 pathway genetics strongly influence serum IgE levels and childhood asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;117:269-74 pubmed..054). These data indicate that only the combined analyses of genetic alterations in the IL-4/IL-13 pathway reveal its actual significance to the development of atopy and childhood asthma. ..
- Nie W, Liu Y, Bian J, Li B, Xiu Q. Effects of polymorphisms -1112C/T and +2044A/G in interleukin-13 gene on asthma risk: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56065 pubmed publisher..12, 95% CI 1.00-1.26, P=0.05). This meta-analysis suggested that the IL13 -1112C/T and +2044A/G polymorphisms were risk factors for asthma. ..
- Chang Y, Lee W, Yu C, Liu H, Lin M, Huang C, et al. No association of cytokine gene polymorphisms in Chinese patients with atopic dermatitis. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2006;31:419-23 pubmed..Our study suggests that the analysed genetic polymorphisms of cytokine genes do not appear to be associated with AD susceptibility in our Chinese population. ..
- Ito T, Suzuki S, Kanaji S, Shiraishi H, Ohta S, Arima K, et al. Distinct structural requirements for interleukin-4 (IL-4) and IL-13 binding to the shared IL-13 receptor facilitate cellular tuning of cytokine responsiveness. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:24289-96 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the D1 domain of IL-13Ralpha1 acts as an affinity converter, through direct cytokine interactions, that allows the shared receptor to respond differentially to IL-4 and IL-13. ..
- Syed F, Panettieri R, Tliba O, Huang C, Li K, Bracht M, et al. The effect of IL-13 and IL-13R130Q, a naturally occurring IL-13 polymorphism, on the gene expression of human airway smooth muscle cells. Respir Res. 2005;6:9 pubmedGrowing evidence shows that interleukin 13 (IL-13) may play an essential role in the development of airway inflammation and bronchial hyper-responsiveness (BHR), two defining features of asthma...
- Muñoz B, Magaña J, Romero Toledo I, Juárez Pérez E, López Moya A, Leyva García N, et al. The relationship among IL-13, GSTP1, and CYP1A1 polymorphisms and environmental tobacco smoke in a population of children with asthma in Northern Mexico. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;33:226-32 pubmed publisher..No association among ETS exposure, asthma, and the studied polymorphisms was denoted by multivariate analysis of this population. ..
- Sadeghnejad A, Meyers D, Bottai M, Sterling D, Bleecker E, Ohar J. IL13 promoter polymorphism 1112C/T modulates the adverse effect of tobacco smoking on lung function. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;176:748-52 pubmed..An IL13 polymorphism in the promoter region may modulate the adverse effects of cigarette smoking on pulmonary function in long-term cigarette smokers. ..
- Bottema R, Reijmerink N, Kerkhof M, Koppelman G, Stelma F, Gerritsen J, et al. Interleukin 13, CD14, pet and tobacco smoke influence atopy in three Dutch cohorts: the allergenic study. Eur Respir J. 2008;32:593-602 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that atopy is importantly influenced by interleukin 13 at age 1-8 yrs and by CD14 in interaction with pet exposure at ages 4 and 8 yrs...
- Kim J, Min J, Lee J. Polymorphisms in the IL-13 and IL-4 receptor alpha genes and allergic rhinitis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2007;264:395-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that the IL-13 exon 4 G2044A polymorphism confers susceptibility to the development of allergic rhinitis in Koreans, whereas the IL-4Ralpha Gln551Arg polymorphism is not related to allergic rhinitis. ..
- YANG X, LI F, Wu Y, Wu D, Tan J, Li M. Association of TGF-beta1, IL-4 and IL-13 gene polymerphisms with asthma in a Chinese population. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2011;29:273-7 pubmed
- Ueta M, Sotozono C, Inatomi T, Kojima K, Hamuro J, Kinoshita S. Association of combined IL-13/IL-4R signaling pathway gene polymorphism with Stevens-Johnson syndrome accompanied by ocular surface complications. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:1809-13 pubmed publisher..They also reveal that combined polymorphisms in the IL-13/IL-4R signaling pathway were associated with SJS/TEN with ocular surface complications. ..
- Moissidis I, Chinoy B, Yanamandra K, Napper D, Thurmon T, Bocchini J, et al. Association of IL-13, RANTES, and leukotriene C4 synthase gene promoter polymorphisms with asthma and/or atopy in African Americans. Genet Med. 2005;7:406-10 pubmed..1 for the mutant AC genotype in patients. If these findings become reproduced by larger studies, it may suggest that IL-13 and LTC4S SNPs can be used as predictive markers for asthma/atopy in African Americans. ..
- Kaur D, Hollins F, Woodman L, Yang W, Monk P, May R, et al. Mast cells express IL-13R alpha 1: IL-13 promotes human lung mast cell proliferation and Fc epsilon RI expression. Allergy. 2006;61:1047-53 pubmed..These data support the view that targeting IL-13 may be beneficial in the treatment of asthma. ..
- Miyake Y, Kiyohara C, Koyanagi M, Fujimoto T, Shirasawa S, Tanaka K, et al. Case-control study of eczema associated with IL13 genetic polymorphisms in Japanese children. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2011;154:328-35 pubmed publisher..A common genetic variation in the IL13 gene at the levels of both single SNPs and haplotypes was associated with eczema. However, the significant association with the rs20541 SNP might be ascribed to the rs1800925 SNP. ..
- Puthothu B, Krueger M, Forster J, Heinzmann A. Association between severe respiratory syncytial virus infection and IL13/IL4 haplotypes. J Infect Dis. 2006;193:438-41 pubmed..More studies are needed to clarify whether RSV infection provokes asthma or whether RSV infection occurs in children who are genetically predisposed to a pronounced T helper 2 immune response and subsequently develop bronchial asthma. ..
- Kim H, Lee Y, Lee S, Jung J, Jin H, Kim J, et al. Gene-gene interaction between IL-13 and IL-13Ralpha1 is associated with total IgE in Korean children with atopic asthma. J Hum Genet. 2006;51:1055-62 pubmed..002, 0.010). These findings indicate that the IL-13 G+2044A is associated with asthma development and the IL-13 and IL-13Ralpha1 polymorphisms may interact to enhance IgE production. ..
- Murray L, Argentieri R, Farrell F, Bracht M, Sheng H, Whitaker B, et al. Hyper-responsiveness of IPF/UIP fibroblasts: interplay between TGFbeta1, IL-13 and CCL2. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2174-82 pubmed publisher..Overall this study demonstrates an interplay between TGFbeta1, IL-13 and CCL2 in IPF/UIP, where these three mediators feedback on each other, promoting the fibrotic response. ..
- Jiang P, Liu J, Yan X, Liu R. Several interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 gene single nucleotide polymorphisms among Chinese asthmatic patients. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2009;30:413-8 pubmed publisher..Asthma is largely determined by the accumulation of several certain genetic variations other than one or two SNPs. Future function studies may be able to help us reveal the significance of genetic variants we identified in this study. ..
- Bugawan T, Mirel D, Valdes A, Panelo A, Pozzilli P, Erlich H. Association and interaction of the IL4R, IL4, and IL13 loci with type 1 diabetes among Filipinos. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;72:1505-14 pubmed..Our data suggest that the risk for T1D is determined, in part, by polymorphisms within the IL4R locus, including promoter and coding-sequence variants, and by specific combinations of genotypes at the IL4R and the IL4 and IL13 loci. ..
- Ohashi J, Naka I, Patarapotikul J, Hananantachai H, Looareesuwan S, Tokunaga K. A single-nucleotide substitution from C to T at position -1055 in the IL-13 promoter is associated with protection from severe malaria in Thailand. Genes Immun. 2003;4:528-31 pubmed..An IL-13 -1055C>T has been reported to alter the regulation of IL-13 production. Thus, IL-13 -1055T may show resistance to severe malaria through the alteration of IL-13 production. ..
- van der Pouw Kraan T, Küçükaycan M, Bakker A, Baggen J, van der Zee J, Dentener M, et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is associated with the -1055 IL-13 promoter polymorphism. Genes Immun. 2002;3:436-9 pubmed..2 and 0.9, respectively). These results could implicate a functional role for the IL-13 promoter polymorphism in the enhanced risk to develop COPD. ..
- Black S, Teixeira A, Loh A, Vinall L, Holloway J, Hardy R, et al. Contribution of functional variation in the IL13 gene to allergy, hay fever and asthma in the NSHD longitudinal 1946 birth cohort. Allergy. 2009;64:1172-8 pubmed publisher..In a longitudinal population cohort we have established a role for polymorphism of IL13 in determining susceptibility to both atopy and asthma. ..
- Ogbuanu I, Karmaus W, Zhang H, Sabo Attwood T, Ewart S, Roberts G, et al. Birth order modifies the effect of IL13 gene polymorphisms on serum IgE at age 10 and skin prick test at ages 4, 10 and 18: a prospective birth cohort study. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2010;6:6 pubmed publisher..Future functional genetic research need to determine whether or not birth order is related to altered expression and methylation of the IL13 gene. ..
- Ying X, Zhang R, Yu S, Wu J, Wang H. Association of interleukin-13 SNP rs1800925 with allergic rhinitis risk: a meta-analysis based on 1,411 cases and 3169 controls. Gene. 2012;506:179-83 pubmed publisher..29; T/T versus C/C: OR=1.00, 95% CI=0.69-1.44; C/T+T/T versus CC: OR=1.10, 95% CI=0.96-1.27; T/T versus C/C+C/T: OR=0.91, 95% CI=0.64-1.31). This meta-analysis supported that IL-13 SNP rs1800925 was not associated with allergic rhinitis. ..
- Chu H, Wang M, Yan F, Zhong D, Shi D, Ma L, et al. Polymorphisms in the IL-13 and IL-4R genes are associated with the development of renal cell carcinoma. Ann Oncol. 2012;23:2114-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a multiplicative interaction association between the combined IL-4R Ile50Val and IL-13 C-1055T genotypes was observed to decrease the risk of RCC (P=0.036). IL-13 and IL-4R may play an important role in the etiology of RCC. ..
- Nieters A, Linseisen J, Becker N. Association of polymorphisms in Th1, Th2 cytokine genes with hayfever and atopy in a subsample of EPIC-Heidelberg. Clin Exp Allergy. 2004;34:346-53 pubmed..Our data suggest an association of genetic variants in IL-6 and IL-2 with hayfever, confirm a role of polymorphisms in IL-4R, IL-13, and IL-18 for the elevated IgE phenotype, and add IL-6 to the list of candidate genes. ..
- Arshad S, Karmaus W, Kurukulaaratchy R, Sadeghnejad A, Huebner M, Ewart S. Polymorphisms in the interleukin 13 and GATA binding protein 3 genes and the development of eczema during childhood. Br J Dermatol. 2008;158:1315-22 pubmed publisherAtopic eczema is characterized by Th2-dominant immunity with the cytokine interleukin 13 and the transcription factor GATA binding protein 3 playing a critical role...
- Semlali A, Jacques E, Koussih L, Gounni A, Chakir J. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin-induced human asthmatic airway epithelial cell proliferation through an IL-13-dependent pathway. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125:844-50 pubmed publisher..This suggests that TSLP and IL-13 loops play a homeostatic role on epithelial cell proliferation and repair. ..
- Cui L, Jia J, Ma C, Li S, Wang Y, Guo X, et al. IL-13 polymorphisms contribute to the risk of asthma: a meta-analysis. Clin Biochem. 2012;45:285-8 pubmed publisher..Subgroup analyses showed that the elevated risks occurred in adult-onset asthma, Caucasians, and high quality studies. This meta-analysis provides evidence that the R130Q and -1112C/T polymorphisms in IL-13 are risk factors for asthma. ..
- Kim H, Kang M, Lee S, Jin H, Kim J, Kim B, et al. Combined effect of tumour necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-13 polymorphisms on bronchial hyperresponsiveness in Korean children with asthma. Clin Exp Allergy. 2008;38:774-80 pubmed publisher..In addition, there appears to be a synergistic effect between the TNF-alpha promoter polymorphism and an IL-13 coding region polymorphism in terms of asthma susceptibility and BHR in this population. ..
- Jiang L, He B, Zhao M, Ning L, Li X, Yao W. Association of gene polymorphisms of tumour necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-13 with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Han nationality in Beijing. Chin Med J (Engl). 2005;118:541-7 pubmed..Thus, it does not appear that these SNPs are independent factors in COPD for Han nationality in Beijing. However, these SNPs may increase the risk of COPD among smokers. ..
- Battle N, Choudhry S, Tsai H, Eng C, Kumar G, Beckman K, et al. Ethnicity-specific gene-gene interaction between IL-13 and IL-4Ralpha among African Americans with asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;175:881-7 pubmed..Gene-gene interaction between the IL-13 and IL-4Ralpha genes may play an important role in asthma among African Americans. ..
- Chibana K, Ishii Y, Asakura T, Fukuda T. Up-regulation of cysteinyl leukotriene 1 receptor by IL-13 enables human lung fibroblasts to respond to leukotriene C4 and produce eotaxin. J Immunol. 2003;170:4290-5 pubmed..In the Th2 cytokine-rich milieu, such as that in bronchial asthma, CysLT1R expression on fibroblasts might be up-regulated, thereby allowing CysLTs to act effectively and increase eosinophilic inflammation. ..
- Hiromatsu Y, Fukutani T, Ichimura M, Mukai T, Kaku H, Nakayama H, et al. Interleukin-13 gene polymorphisms confer the susceptibility of Japanese populations to Graves' disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:296-301 pubmed..There was no association between IL-13 gene polymorphisms and ophthalmopathy, severity, or serum IgE levels. In conclusion, IL-13 gene polymorphisms are associated with GD susceptibility in Japan. ..
- Hegab A, Sakamoto T, Saitoh W, Massoud H, Massoud H, Hassanein K, et al. Polymorphisms of IL4, IL13, and ADRB2 genes in COPD. Chest. 2004;126:1832-9 pubmed..033 and 0.001, respectively] showed significant differences between the COPD and the control groups. The ADRB2 + 79 C/G polymorphism and the haplotypes shown in this study may be involved in the pathogenesis of COPD. ..
- Maier L, Howson J, Walker N, Spickett G, Jones R, Ring S, et al. Association of IL13 with total IgE: evidence against an inverse association of atopy and diabetes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;117:1306-13 pubmed
- Andrews A, Bucchieri F, Arima K, Izuhara K, Holgate S, Davies D, et al. Effect of IL-13 receptor alpha2 levels on the biological activity of IL-13 variant R110Q. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;120:91-7 pubmed..Expression of R110Q and low IL-13Ralpha2 levels can result in important biological differences that may have clinical relevance in an atopic environment. ..
- Sadeghnejad A, Karmaus W, Arshad S, Kurukulaaratchy R, Huebner M, Ewart S. IL13 gene polymorphisms modify the effect of exposure to tobacco smoke on persistent wheeze and asthma in childhood, a longitudinal study. Respir Res. 2008;9:2 pubmed publisher..The results emphasize that genetic studies need to take environmental exposures into account, since they may explain contradictory findings. ..
- Llanes E, Quiralte J, Lopez E, Sastre B, Chacártegui M, del Pozo V, et al. Analysis of polymorphisms in olive pollen allergy: IL13, IL4RA, IL5 and ADRB2 genes. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;148:228-38 pubmed publisher..IL13 and IL4RA could be relevant markers for allergy to olive pollen and asthma development. ..
- Wang J, Liou Y, Wu Y, Hsiao Y, Wu L. An association study of 13 SNPs from seven candidate genes with pediatric asthma and a preliminary study for genetic testing by multiple variants in Taiwanese population. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:205-9 pubmed publisher..Our study provided a genotype synergistic method for studying gene-gene interaction on polymorphism basis and genetic testing using multiple polymorphisms. ..
- Nair R, Duffin K, Helms C, Ding J, Stuart P, Goldgar D, et al. Genome-wide scan reveals association of psoriasis with IL-23 and NF-kappaB pathways. Nat Genet. 2009;41:199-204 pubmed publisher..Our results expand the catalog of genetic loci implicated in psoriasis susceptibility and suggest priority targets for study in other auto-immune disorders. ..
- Wang X, Zhao W, Liu S, Feng X. [Correlation of IL-4 and IL-13 gene polymorphisms with asthma and total serum IgE levels]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2009;32:161-4 pubmed..The IL-4 gene and IL-13 gene may be important candidate genes for asthma. ..
- Genuneit J, Cantelmo J, Weinmayr G, Wong G, Cooper P, Riikjärv M, et al. A multi-centre study of candidate genes for wheeze and allergy: the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood Phase 2. Clin Exp Allergy. 2009;39:1875-88 pubmed publisher..We were unable to confirm associations of the positional candidates DPP10 and PHF11 with wheeze, although our study had ample power to detect the expected associations of IL13 variants with IgE and SPINK5 variants with eczema. ..
- Bottema R, Nolte I, Howard T, Koppelman G, Dubois A, de Meer G, et al. Interleukin 13 and interleukin 4 receptor-? polymorphisms in rhinitis and asthma. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;153:259-67 pubmed publisher..IL13 and IL4R polymorphisms are associated with asthma and show gene-gene interaction in asthma. Their role in rhinitis has not been extensively studied...
- He J, Connett J, Anthonisen N, Sandford A. Polymorphisms in the IL13, IL13RA1, and IL4RA genes and rate of decline in lung function in smokers. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2003;28:379-85 pubmed..Haplotypes consisting of alleles from the IL13 polymorphisms or from the IL4RA polymorphisms were not associated with rate of decline in lung function in smokers. ..
- Heinzmann A, Jerkic S, Ganter K, Kurz T, Blattmann S, Schuchmann L, et al. Association study of the IL13 variant Arg110Gln in atopic diseases and juvenile idiopathic arthritis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003;112:735-9 pubmed..007). This is the first study to compare the same gene variant in TH1 and TH2 chronic inflammatory diseases. The results suggest that the same gene variant might protect from one disease and make an individual susceptible to the other. ..
- Liu X, Beaty T, Deindl P, Huang S, Lau S, Sommerfeld C, et al. Associations between specific serum IgE response and 6 variants within the genes IL4, IL13, and IL4RA in German children: the German Multicenter Atopy Study. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;113:489-95 pubmed
- Xi D, Pan S, Cui T, Wu J. Association between IL-13 gene polymorphism and asthma in Han nationality in Hubei Chinese population. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2004;24:219-22 pubmed..174, respectively). Our results suggest that the Arg110Gln polymorphism of IL-13 gene is associated with susceptibility of asthma and elevated total plasma IgE in Chinese children of Han nationality in Hubei, but not with them in adults. ..
- Chen Q, Rabach L, Noble P, Zheng T, Lee C, Homer R, et al. IL-11 receptor alpha in the pathogenesis of IL-13-induced inflammation and remodeling. J Immunol. 2005;174:2305-13 pubmed..When viewed in combination, these studies demonstrate that IL-11Ralpha plays a key role in the pathogenesis of IL-13-induced inflammation and remodeling. ..
- Cameron L, Webster R, Strempel J, Kiesler P, Kabesch M, Ramachandran H, et al. Th2 cell-selective enhancement of human IL13 transcription by IL13-1112C>T, a polymorphism associated with allergic inflammation. J Immunol. 2006;177:8633-42 pubmed..Our findings suggest the nuclear milieu dictates the functional outcome of genetic variation. ..
- Sadeghnejad A, Karmaus W, Hasan Arshad S, Ewart S. IL13 gene polymorphism association with cord serum immunoglobulin E. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2007;18:288-92 pubmed..SNP rs1295685 was associated with raised cord serum IgE (p = 0.031). This is the first report that shows an association between IL13 polymorphism and cord serum IgE. ..
- Hunninghake G, Soto Quiros M, Avila L, Su J, Murphy A, DeMeo D, et al. Polymorphisms in IL13, total IgE, eosinophilia, and asthma exacerbations in childhood. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;120:84-90 pubmed..Polymorphisms in IL13 are associated with serum total IgE and eosinophil count and may be associated with asthma exacerbations. ..
- Huebner M, Kim D, Ewart S, Karmaus W, Sadeghnejad A, Arshad S. Patterns of GATA3 and IL13 gene polymorphisms associated with childhood rhinitis and atopy in a birth cohort. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;121:408-14 pubmed..Our study suggests that set associations of polymorphisms are important in studying genetic associations for complex phenotypes, such as rhinitis and atopy. ..
- Kang M, Lee S, Kim H, Yu J, Kim B, Choi W, et al. Association of IL-13 polymorphisms with leukotriene receptor antagonist drug responsiveness in Korean children with exercise-induced bronchoconstriction. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2008;18:551-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the IL-13 -1112C/T polymorphism and the haplotype of IL-13 polymorphisms seem to be associated with LTRA drug responsiveness, and thus might prove useful as a target for modulation of LTRA drug responsiveness. ..
- Scheurer M, Amirian E, Cao Y, Gilbert M, Aldape K, Kornguth D, et al. Polymorphisms in the interleukin-4 receptor gene are associated with better survival in patients with glioblastoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:6640-6 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that polymorphisms in inflammation pathway genes may play an important role in glioma survival. Further research on the effects of these polymorphisms on glioma prognosis is warranted. ..
- Liu S, Chen Y, Wang C, Fang W, Chin C, Su M, et al. Il13 promoter (-1055) polymorphisms associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Taiwanese. Exp Lung Res. 2009;35:807-16 pubmed publisher..007), but not associated with serum IL-13. In conclusion, IL13 -1055 T allele is associated with the development and severity of COPD in Taiwanese smokers. ..
- Liu Q, Hua L, Fang D, Lin Q, Zhu Y, Gan X, et al. Interleukin-13 and RANTES polymorphisms in relation to asthma in children of Chinese Han nationality. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2013;31:247-52 pubmed publisher..IL-13 A2044G and RANTES G-28C are significantly associated with childhood asthma. IL-13 A2044G A/A and RANTES G-28C G/G have a significant and combined effect on the development of asthma. ..
- Atherton H, Jones G, Danahay H. IL-13-induced changes in the goblet cell density of human bronchial epithelial cell cultures: MAP kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2003;285:L730-9 pubmed..These data support the concept that IL-13 is in part able to induce a mucus hypersecretory phenotype through a direct interaction with the airway epithelium and that MAP kinase and PtdIns 3-kinase signaling pathways are involved. ..
- Chen W, Ericksen M, Levin L, Khurana Hershey G. Functional effect of the R110Q IL13 genetic variant alone and in combination with IL4RA genetic variants. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:553-60 pubmed..Furthermore, a relatively modest change in function from a single nucleotide polymorphism can result in an important biological difference in vivo. ..
- Vladich F, Brazille S, Stern D, Peck M, Ghittoni R, Vercelli D. IL-13 R130Q, a common variant associated with allergy and asthma, enhances effector mechanisms essential for human allergic inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:747-54 pubmed..Collectively, our data indicate that natural variation in the coding region of IL13 may be an important genetic determinant of susceptibility to allergy. ..
- Wei C, Cheung W, Heng C, Arty N, Chong S, Lee B, et al. Interleukin-13 genetic polymorphisms in Singapore Chinese children correlate with long-term outcome of minimal-change disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2005;20:728-34 pubmed..These results suggest that genetic polymorphisms in the 3'UTR of the IL-13 gene correlate with long-term outcome of MCNS, rather than disease susceptibility, in Singapore Chinese children. ..
- Howell M, Fairchild H, Kim B, Bin L, Boguniewicz M, Redzic J, et al. Th2 cytokines act on S100/A11 to downregulate keratinocyte differentiation. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2248-58 pubmed publisher..S100/A11 and p21 gene expression was also found to be significantly lower in acute and chronic AD skin. This study demonstrates an important role for S100/A11 and p21 in regulating skin barrier integrity and the innate immune response. ..
- Park H, Lee J, Kim S, Kim Y, Min K, Kim Y, et al. Genetic variation of IL13 as a risk factor of reduced lung function in children and adolescents: a cross-sectional population-based study in Korea. Respir Med. 2009;103:284-8 pubmed publisher..001 in subjects without AHR and P<0.001 in subjects with AHR). This cross-sectional study demonstrates that IL13+2044G-->A is significantly associated with a reduced lung function in Korean children and adolescents. ..
- Nedoszytko B, Niedoszytko M, Lange M, van Doormaal J, Glen J, Zabłotna M, et al. Interleukin-13 promoter gene polymorphism -1112C/T is associated with the systemic form of mastocytosis. Allergy. 2009;64:287-94 pubmed publisher..The -1112C/T IL-13 gene polymorphism and the resulting 'hypertranscription' may predispose for the development of SM. ..
- Sørensen M, Allermann L, Vogel U, Andersen P, Jespersgaard C, Loft S, et al. Polymorphisms in inflammation genes, tobacco smoke and furred pets and wheeze in children. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2009;20:614-23 pubmed publisher..Polymorphisms in IL-8 affected the association between pet-keeping and risk of wheeze. Polymorphisms in inflammation genes might affect the association between environmental exposures and risk of recurrent wheeze in early childhood. ..
- Palikhe N, Kim S, Choi G, Ye Y, Park H. No evidence of association between interleukin-13 gene polymorphism in aspirin intolerant chronic urticaria. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res. 2009;1:36-40 pubmed publisher..05, respectively). Our data lead to the conclusion that there is no evidence supporting genetic polymorphisms in IL-13 as a genetic risk factor for the development of AICU. ..
- Isnard A, Kouriba B, Doumbo O, Chevillard C. Association of rs7719175, located in the IL13 gene promoter, with Schistosoma haematobium infection levels and identification of a susceptibility haplotype. Genes Immun. 2011;12:31-9 pubmed publisher..Polymorphisms rs7719175 and rs1800925 have a synergistic role in the control of infection levels caused by S. haematobium and using them as a haplotype allows a better discrimination between infected subjects...
- Namkung J, Lee J, Kim E, Kim H, Seo E, Jang H, et al. Association of polymorphisms in genes encoding IL-4, IL-13 and their receptors with atopic dermatitis in a Korean population. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:915-9 pubmed publisher..As IL-13R?1 is most likely expressed in Th17 cells rather than in Th2 cells, these data suggest diversity in the classification of Th cells that needs to be verified in future studies. ..
- Su T, Mi Y, Zhang L, Wang S, Lu H, Shi L, et al. Association between IL13 gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to cancer: a meta-analysis. Gene. 2013;515:56-61 pubmed publisher..TT: OR=0.76, 95%CI=0.62-0.89). Our meta-analysis suggests that the IL13 rs20541 polymorphism contributes to susceptibility to cancer, especially for glioma; and the IL13 rs1800925 polymorphism may be associated with glioma risk. ..
- Arima K, Sato K, Tanaka G, Kanaji S, Terada T, Honjo E, et al. Characterization of the interaction between interleukin-13 and interleukin-13 receptors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24915-22 pubmed..These results provide the basis for a precise understanding of the interaction between IL-13 and its receptors. ..
- Kouriba B, Chevillard C, Bream J, Argiro L, Dessein H, Arnaud V, et al. Analysis of the 5q31-q33 locus shows an association between IL13-1055C/T IL-13-591A/G polymorphisms and Schistosoma haematobium infections. J Immunol. 2005;174:6274-81 pubmed..Previous studies on asthma indicated that the IL13-1055T allele increased gene transcription, which is in agreement with the fact that this cytokine enhances resistance to infection by schistosome in humans. ..
- Lee J, Rosengart M, Kondragunta V, Zhang Y, McMurray J, Branch R, et al. Inverse association of plasma IL-13 and inflammatory chemokines with lung function impairment in stable COPD: a cross-sectional cohort study. Respir Res. 2007;8:64 pubmed..Soluble Fas, G-CSF and CXCL9/Mig may be unique markers that associate with disease characterized by disproportionate abnormalities in DLCO independent of the FEV1. ..
- Yang H, Dong H, Dai Y, Zheng Y. Association of interleukin-13 C-1112T and G+2044A polymorphisms with asthma: a meta-analysis. Respirology. 2011;16:1127-35 pubmed publisher..Further studies, including pooling of individual data to facilitate evaluation of gene-gene and gene-environment interactions between these IL13 gene polymorphisms and asthma susceptibility, are recommended. ..
- Formentini A, Braun P, Fricke H, Link K, Henne Bruns D, Kornmann M. Expression of interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 and their receptors in colorectal cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2012;27:1369-76 pubmed..These interleukins and their receptors may become attractive targets for the treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Hirota T, Takahashi A, Kubo M, Tsunoda T, Tomita K, Sakashita M, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies eight new susceptibility loci for atopic dermatitis in the Japanese population. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1222-6 pubmed publisher..These findings advance the understanding of the genetic basis of atopic dermatitis. ..
- Sun G, Wang X, Shi L, Yue X, Fu L, Chen C, et al. Association between polymorphisms in interleukin-4R? and interleukin-13 and glioma risk: a meta-analysis. Cancer Epidemiol. 2013;37:306-10 pubmed publisher..More studies with larger sample size are warranted to further elucidate the impact of the IL13 rs20541 polymorphism on glioma risk. ..
- Wu B, Liu J, Chen M, Deng R, Wu D. [Correlation of interleukin-13 gene - 1112c/T polymorphism with asthma and total plasma IgE levels]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2004;27:668-71 pubmed..The - 1112 locus polymorphism of IL-13 gene promoter may be an important candidate gene for asthma Allele T is associated with asthma and increases the total plasma IgE level via enhanced (enhancing) IL-13 gene expression. ..
- Kim W, Kwon J, Seo J, Kim H, Yu J, Kim B, et al. Interaction between IL13 genotype and environmental factors in the risk for allergic rhinitis in Korean children. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;130:421-6.e5 pubmed publisher..Children with GA or AA at IL13(+2044) are at increased risk for AR when exposed to mold in the home during the first year of life. ..
- Schwartzbaum J, Ahlbom A, Malmer B, Lonn S, Brookes A, Doss H, et al. Polymorphisms associated with asthma are inversely related to glioblastoma multiforme. Cancer Res. 2005;65:6459-65 pubmed..However, our findings are also consistent with associations between IL-4RA, IL-13, and GBM that are independent of their role in allergic conditions. ..
- Cheng L, Hirota T, Enomoto T, Tamari M, Akahoshi M, Matsuda A, et al. Lack of association between the IL13 variant Arg110Gln and susceptibility to cedar pollinosis in a Japanese population. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2006;139:25-30 pubmed..05). Our data suggest lack of evidence for identifying the variant Arg110Glnat the IL13 locus as a genetic risk factor involved in the development of Japanese cedar pollinosis. ..
- López K, Martínez S, Moguel M, Romero L, Figueroa C, Pacheco G, et al. Genetic diversity of the IL-4, IL-4 receptor and IL-13 loci in mestizos in the general population and in patients with asthma from three subpopulations in Mexico. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:27-33 pubmed..However, haplogroup analysis suggests that the interaction of the polymorphisms and other predisposing alleles leads to the expression of the clinical phenotype. ..
- Bosse Y, Thompson C, Audette K, Stankova J, Rola Pleszczynski M. Interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 enhance human bronchial smooth muscle cell proliferation. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2008;146:138-48 pubmed publisher..IL-4 and IL-13 potently induce FGF2-primed BSMC proliferation via an autocrine loop involving PDGFRalpha and PDGF-CC, and this proliferative synergism is amplified by proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Palikhe N, Kim S, Cho B, Choi G, Kim J, Ye Y, et al. IL-13 Gene Polymorphisms are Associated With Rhinosinusitis and Eosinophilic Inflammation in Aspirin Intolerant Asthma. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res. 2010;2:134-40 pubmed publisher..IL-13 Arg110Gln may be associated with an increased eosinophil count and eotaxin-1 level and could increase eosinophilic inflammation in the upper and lower airways of patients with AIA. ..
- Moffatt M, Gut I, Demenais F, Strachan D, Bouzigon E, Heath S, et al. A large-scale, consortium-based genomewide association study of asthma. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:1211-1221 pubmed publisher..Variants at the ORMDL3/GSDMB locus are associated only with childhood-onset disease. Elevation of total serum IgE levels has a minor role in the development of asthma. (Funded by the European Commission and others.) ..
- Caproni M, Cardinali C, Giomi B, Antiga E, D Agata A, Walter S, et al. Serological detection of eotaxin, IL-4, IL-13, IFN-gamma, MIP-1alpha, TARC and IP-10 in chronic autoimmune urticaria and chronic idiopathic urticaria. J Dermatol Sci. 2004;36:57-9 pubmed
- Gatlin M, Black C, Mwinzi P, Secor W, Karanja D, Colley D. Association of the gene polymorphisms IFN-gamma +874, IL-13 -1055 and IL-4 -590 with patterns of reinfection with Schistosoma mansoni. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2009;3:e375 pubmed publisher..Based on the literature, these polymorphisms contribute to the regulation of their respective cytokines, likely leading to downstream differences in the production and interrelationships of critical defense mechanisms. ..
- Beghe B, Hall I, Parker S, Moffatt M, Wardlaw A, Connolly M, et al. Polymorphisms in IL13 pathway genes in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Allergy. 2010;65:474-81 pubmed publisher..We also provide tentative evidence that IL13 SNPs in the coding region may be of significance in COPD susceptibility. ..